Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
Murph
Phil-Good
merc
Oracle
Go Stones!
deusXango
cool breeze
WTF
12 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 28 Empty Most interesting Draft in years?

Post  Oracle Fri May 24, 2013 11:30 pm

I think so!

This is the first draft in my memory where absolutely anything can happen 1-10, and it wouldn't be a major surprise to anybody!

I'm officially throwing my hands up and willing to accept whoever we pick, because I do believe that there is a LOT of good talent in the draft, just nobody special outside of possibly about 3 players, and even they have flaws!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 28 Empty Politically correct Joe Dumars never stood up for Thomas when the heat was on his old playing partner

Post  cool breeze Fri May 24, 2013 5:32 pm

Do you think there is any love between Dumars and Thomas? I think not. Thomas was outspoken and often got all the attention when the two players were playing together. Thomas might say some things that he would regret which is something at most of us who have a passion for life do at times. Dumars played is safe keeping his trap shut at all times. It all paid off with the previous owner as Joe became the best "yes" man in basketball when he was hired to run the team. Because Dumars never stands up for much of anything, it might bite him where it hurts if this Piston team next season fails to catch the attention of Detroit sports fans. Now we have a numbers orientated owner who buys and sells businesses without looking at the humans he might be affecting. And it is clear that he was never a real Piston fan before purchasing this team. He will check out the history and see where Dumars has made huge blunders we have all pointed out many times. Then Dumars will be fired and life will move on without the Piston franchise improving much at all. I just don't see any evidence that we have smart creative basketball leadership when thinking of the owners and their management crew. How can we feel any hope for the future relating to the Pistons? How do the current players feel about this bungling group of leaders? Do they want out?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 28 Empty Management failed in the last month of the regular season

Post  cool breeze Fri May 24, 2013 5:17 pm

Detroit could be looking forward to securing a valuable pick say maybe Zeller. But thanks to the Piston management who often have their heads in the sand for long periods of time, we fans will see Dumars draft somebody who will not help this team at all. Joe Dumars needed to step in at the start of the last month and insist that the coaching staff start the big Russian along with English and Middleton. Charlie V should have played every minute of every game in that month as well. Then when Drummond returned he needed to play until exhaustion so he will know what it feels like to play out of shape. The result would have been that Detroit would have lost every game that month. We might have had the 5th pick. Instead we are just out of the mix to obtain a potentially good player. All the other teams were doing it but not our Pistons. Now we are all set up for the owner to insist that Dumars sign Maxiell, Bynum and Calderon to use that cap money well. So who will be in the starting lineup next season with the new coaching staff? Maxiell-Monroe-Stuckey-Charlie V-Bynum have great chemistry playing together. We might win it all next year. Meanwhile, Gores will be telling his LA friends that things are moving in a positive direction. His friends will say, it must be great to own an NBA team even if it is in Detroit. Let me give you some advice. Talk to Phil because he knows the game. Whatever you do, make sure that you don't hire the best Piston player of all time and get those Piston fanatics too excited. That guy named Isiah Thomas is just no good for basketball the way we like it played in LA. He said some things about Magic that we can't forget. And remember that time when he didn't give Dumars best buddy Michael Jordon a big kiss after the Bulls defeated the Pistons thanks to Stern's refs? Keep up the good work Mr. Gores and listen to us.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 28 Empty F@#K GORES

Post  WTF Fri May 24, 2013 7:26 am

Oracle wrote:Hold on there a bit!

I feel your pain about Gores, and I'm also really upset that he rode in here sounding like he was bleeding true blue Piston blood and then comes up stinking of purple and gold!

I can't stop watching the Pistons, and I can't stop supporting them through hard times, so that isn't an option, IMO!

Let's just hold on tight and hope for the best! These things have a way of working themselves out!

If all else fails, maybe we can get some terrorists to set Gores' foot(or maybe his arse) on fire for every game we lose!

The guy dresses and looks like a Tom Jones reject with a sh!tty tan what did everyone expect from him. People thought he would ride into town writing checks, not wanting Ilitch to have ownership of the Tigers, Wings and Pistons something I never understood considering he has no problem writing checks. Can anyone tell me the last time the Wings didn't make the playoff of the Tiger didn't have us in the edge of our seats.

That ass will either move the team or sell it to some out of state owners.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 28 Empty Not So Fast My Friend !!!

Post  WTF Fri May 24, 2013 7:17 am

DX, this league is no longer a win at all cost league even for the richest of ownership and this includes New York, LA, Dallas and Miami. If we were talking Pre-CBA then I could agree that money wouldn't be an issue keep in mind that Miami's Big Three was put together prior to the new CBA and that after the assumption has been that Miami wouldn't be able to keep them together beyond 2013.

Think about the talk surrounding Kobe and if LA should amnesty him over the summer, it's no longer fiscally feasible for teams like LA to operate as business as usual and LA knows they need to move either Gasol or Kobe over the summer if they want to keep Howard. Lets keep in mind why those penalties were put in place for exceeding the cap limits. This is why there's been talk of Lebron going back to Cleveland because he want take the option come 2015. New York is even considering amnestying Amare this summer. Lebron wants Kobe type money or close to it.

Now lets keep both Charlie and Stuckey in their proper perspective because they're simply pawns with minimum value as far as helping a team goes. Their biggest asset is being expiring contracts and nothing more anything beyond becomes a bonus.

As for Monroe goes I just don't believe he'll be much better than what he currently is, many see his numbers and think differently. Monroe represents that which has the most trade value and he's not really the game changer type player many think he is. Not only would the trading of Monroe benefit the team it also will benefit Monroe if he's not the center-piece of a franchise but more of a piece. Monroe doesn't handle the pressure of being a leader very well IMO and as I said its a trade him now or never situation.

Call me crazy but I would consider trading Monroe not only to Miami for Bosh, but I would trade him along with the same 2 players (Rodney-Charlie) to LA for Gasol, or a sign and trade with Atlanta for Josh Smith, and even a straight up trade for Cousins. I would do any of these trades especially if Zeller becomes our draft selection. I don't have a hate thing for Monroe it's just that we can do better in what direction this team goes, our franchise player is Drummond.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 28 Empty Don

Post  Oracle Fri May 24, 2013 6:44 am

Hold on there a bit!

I feel your pain about Gores, and I'm also really upset that he rode in here sounding like he was bleeding true blue Piston blood and then comes up stinking of purple and gold!

I can't stop watching the Pistons, and I can't stop supporting them through hard times, so that isn't an option, IMO!

Let's just hold on tight and hope for the best! These things have a way of working themselves out!

If all else fails, maybe we can get some terrorists to set Gores' foot(or maybe his arse) on fire for every game we lose!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 28 Empty Coaches... A short list? Maybe even shorter!

Post  Oracle Fri May 24, 2013 6:38 am

Merc, I think it's really just Cheeks & Shaw!

IMO, there are too many nice openings in the west that McMillian would have interest in(Clippers, Sacramento, maybe even the Grizzlies), so he may be a long shot!

I have to be honest, I'm not excited about Cheeks or Shaw, but I would take Cheeks any day of the week over Shaw!

I don't want any stinking Laker influence hovering over this team! I want the Lakers to be the Lakers, and I want the Pistons to be the Pistons!

Shaw can kiss my arse!

Edit: BTW, we're limited to desperate for the job coaches because no good coach is going to want a job where the guy that hired him looks weaker than water, and may be on his way out unless they're in solid with the Gores team!

Last edited by Oracle on Fri May 24, 2013 6:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 28 Empty There is no way that either Zeller or Burke will be an option for the Pistons with the 8th pick and the interest in Bosh

Post  cool breeze Fri May 24, 2013 1:43 am

With that said should Detroit try to trade the 8th pick?

If the Pistons trade Monroe, Detroit needs to make sure we have a good big man somehow. Having a lot of financial flex ability doesn't guarantee anything at all. It is not likely that we will have the opportunity to draft Zeller unless some type of trade goes down to move the Pistons up. There is no way that Bosh wants to play in Detroit. I have the feeling that he is getting near the end of his prime as well and might lose interest in the game soon. I would keep Monroe unless the Pistons have a sure thing relating to having a really good big man who wants to play for the Pistons.

Something is smelling with Piston management and it rests with this owner. Now is the time to bring back at least one of the Bad Boys but Gores is a politically correct LA man at heart and will for sure sink this club to new lows. I no longer question anything Joe Dumars does because he is not calling the shots. This group of idiot owners think they know it all based on what they hear from their LA friends.

The only thing that makes any sense right now to me is to kick back and watch the teams now competing in the playoffs. They have all done a great job. Those teams are fun to watch. The reality is that the Detroit Pistons suck. Management most likely will make things worse than better based on their own track record. The owners are people no Detroit fan can identify with. They don't like Isiah Thomas and would never consider either Laimbeer or Thomas as being any part of their organization. The owners are outsiders. Why should we support them? I will be pulling for Indiana and Memphis to even the series. I hope both series goes 7 games. I must be honest with myself and come to terms with the fact that our Pistons are not fun to watch with the combination of poor coaching and poor execution by the players. It is stupid to spend time watching them play ball. Another year with this owner, Dumars and Charlie V-Stuckey-Bynum-Maxiell and company is not something anyone can get excited about. And I don't want to see Bosh in a Piston Uniform any way you cut it either. Let's see maybe Bosh would rather play for the Pistons than perhaps the Bucks. If only Piston management had managed the team correctly at the end of the season, we would have a chance to get either Zeller or Burke. Once again, we are surrounded by idiots when it comes to the people running the club because that was the time to play Charlie V and Stuckey for every minute of those games to make sure we lost them all. That is what the teams did who are picking ahead of Detroit. Piston owners make it very difficult for fans to stay loyal to the team. That is why so many are no longer interested in even talking about the Pistons. Some of my friends are now like that. I am confident that Piston management will draft another Daye or Rodney White this year. I have zero confidence in their ability to run a NBA team.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 28 Empty Coaches... A short list?

Post  merc Fri May 24, 2013 1:20 am

merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Thu May 23, 2013 10:51 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
lemonpen wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Lemon the appeal is Greg Monroe and the expiring contracts of both Rodney and Charlie. Miami has only 2 choices trade Bosh now or simply lose him in the summer of 2014. Miami can continue paying all three but they can afford to keep Wade and give Lebron the dollars he wants and sign Monroe at half the cost of Bosh. We know that it doesn't take much to support Lebron and Wade so they honestly don't need Charlie and Stuckey. This trade involes just a little more than just swapping talent in short its about swapping Monroe for Bosh and expiring contracts.

Question do you honestly think Miami can't win it all without Bosh and Monroe, Stuckey and Charlie in his place on the rosters. As much hype is given to Monroe here in Pistons land you would think Monroe was the better player so why wouldn't Miami bite on this trade? It saves them money and we basically have nothing to lose in given up Monroe if we draft Zeller.

You have to really examine this in every detail from both ours and Miami perspective.
facepalm

Their big 3 all have player options in the summer of 2014 and 2015. Why would Bosh voluntarily walk away from a winning environment and $20.5 Mil followed by $22 Mil.

Then this does become a mute point (maybe) Very Happy I didn't think they all had that player option I thought Bosh didn't have the option. This I do know about 2014 with Lebron is that he's already made remarks about being paid below his values so if he does have a player option I doubt if he takes it. This would still in some way force Miami hand to move Bosh this season in order to re-write Lebron contract and extend him beyond 2015.

Now the question becomes if we do get Bosh do he opt for the player option and we have him for 1 season or 2. He's not walking away from anything he's being traded. Unless he has a no trade clause! Also keep this in mind the changes in the CBA dictates one of them be moved this summer or pay double in cap penalty. Really not Bosh call on rather he stays or goes beyond this season.
Wise, you're dealing with Pat Riley; think about it. He represents one of, if not the, richest franchises in the NBA. Ownership in Miami is not anything like what we have here in Detroit; can you imagine Tom Gores sitting down with Mickey Aronson and having a conversation about anything from money to basketball? Tom is wide eyed, and Mickey is bored.

Pat Riley was the point man in putting the present Heat team together, and there was some dirty doings that went on to accomplish this; these three core players are not going to be broken up because some clown GM in Detroit wants to be rid of a player that he doesn't know what the real value of him is, or what to do with him. CAP penalty? That's for you to worry about in Detroit with your penny pinching asses, we okay down here. We have a plan in place to win multiple championships and we've just begun.
If Monroe, Stuckey, and Villanueva were such hell of drawing cards, why aren't players flocking to Detroit? Sure, we've seen Monroe play and he has some potential but, we've seen Stuckey and Charlie play also and we don't want either of them in our practices, much less on our team!
I think Lemon, is right 100% on this, Miami ain't taking on Monroe for Bosh. Wise, why're you so passionate to be rid of Monroe? I got the feeling it's about more than his lack of foot speed, I mean you don't go at any other player (not even Knight) like you do Monroe.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Thu May 23, 2013 7:53 pm

lemonpen wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Lemon the appeal is Greg Monroe and the expiring contracts of both Rodney and Charlie. Miami has only 2 choices trade Bosh now or simply lose him in the summer of 2014. Miami can continue paying all three but they can afford to keep Wade and give Lebron the dollars he wants and sign Monroe at half the cost of Bosh. We know that it doesn't take much to support Lebron and Wade so they honestly don't need Charlie and Stuckey. This trade involes just a little more than just swapping talent in short its about swapping Monroe for Bosh and expiring contracts.

Question do you honestly think Miami can't win it all without Bosh and Monroe, Stuckey and Charlie in his place on the rosters. As much hype is given to Monroe here in Pistons land you would think Monroe was the better player so why wouldn't Miami bite on this trade? It saves them money and we basically have nothing to lose in given up Monroe if we draft Zeller.

You have to really examine this in every detail from both ours and Miami perspective.
facepalm

Their big 3 all have player options in the summer of 2014 and 2015. Why would Bosh voluntarily walk away from a winning environment and $20.5 Mil followed by $22 Mil.

Then this does become a mute point (maybe) Very Happy I didn't think they all had that player option I thought Bosh didn't have the option. This I do know about 2014 with Lebron is that he's already made remarks about being paid below his values so if he does have a player option I doubt if he takes it. This would still in some way force Miami hand to move Bosh this season in order to re-write Lebron contract and extend him beyond 2015.

Now the question becomes if we do get Bosh do he opt for the player option and we have him for 1 season or 2. He's not walking away from anything he's being traded. Unless he has a no trade clause! Also keep this in mind the changes in the CBA dictates one of them be moved this summer or pay double in cap penalty. Really not Bosh call on rather he stays or goes beyond this season.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 28 Empty It's Bold, It's Simple, It's Doable

Post  WTF Thu May 23, 2013 7:39 pm

lemonpen wrote:
Oracle wrote:That is interesting!

lemonpen, I think Monroe fits absolutely perfectly with what Miami needs in a big offensively, but I can't see how they could be excited about him defensively, or his speed!

That Miami team is a ton of speed merchants, and Monroe is a slug running the floor with snail paced foot speed to match.

As for Stuckey & CV, Stuckey would thrive in Miami, IMO! It would be like his rookie season where so much attention was paid to everyone else that Stuckey could sneak in and do damage. Only now, he REALLY knows how to do that damage! They would love Stuckey. They can tolerate CV and milk his hot streaks until his contract expires!

But the hub of the trade, Monroe, is a poor overall fit for them, and that's why I don't think they would be interested. Still, that's good out of the box and not crazy thinking!

IMO, there must be some fire with all of this smoke about trading Monroe! Drew Sharp has his nose under Joe's tent, and he knows something when he's so forceful in that article.

I don't think they will trade Monroe yet, but I think at the very least they're entertaining offers. I also think it may not be the fit with Drummond, but the overall foot speed issue and the fact that we need to be more athletic, not less!

Finally, I do like the overall vision, and adding Chauncey for training purposes for all the guards is brilliant as long as he doesn't play too much. He can't do it anymore, just ask the Clippers!

BTW, DX can hope for Burke, and Sparma is right, he is the 2nd most likely to fall, but I do think he's gone at #2 or #3.

Oracle,

I agree 100% about Greg.

Stuckey:
No one outside of the big 3 holds the ball for any length of time, while Rodney admittedly needs it to get things done. He isn't effective at waiting at a spot or cutting. I think his style of play and limited touches would result in an uncomplementary fit.

CV:
He would only be the forth best 3pt shooter on the team, behind Allen, Miller, Battier and Chalmers. Who knows Lewis might also beat out the Chuckster.

Thing is lemon is that it doesn't matter if Stuckey or Charlie fit or not because they simply represent future cap relief there $$$ simply match what's needed to make the trade work. I hear you both on Monroe but that wouldn't be show stopper or that much of an issue to Miami. If it that's big of a deal breaker then why do we want to keep him?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Thu May 23, 2013 7:38 pm

facepalm

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Thu May 23, 2013 7:30 pm

Oracle wrote:That is interesting!

lemonpen, I think Monroe fits absolutely perfectly with what Miami needs in a big offensively, but I can't see how they could be excited about him defensively, or his speed!

That Miami team is a ton of speed merchants, and Monroe is a slug running the floor with snail paced foot speed to match.

As for Stuckey & CV, Stuckey would thrive in Miami, IMO! It would be like his rookie season where so much attention was paid to everyone else that Stuckey could sneak in and do damage. Only now, he REALLY knows how to do that damage! They would love Stuckey. They can tolerate CV and milk his hot streaks until his contract expires!

But the hub of the trade, Monroe, is a poor overall fit for them, and that's why I don't think they would be interested. Still, that's good out of the box and not crazy thinking!

IMO, there must be some fire with all of this smoke about trading Monroe! Drew Sharp has his nose under Joe's tent, and he knows something when he's so forceful in that article.

I don't think they will trade Monroe yet, but I think at the very least they're entertaining offers. I also think it may not be the fit with Drummond, but the overall foot speed issue and the fact that we need to be more athletic, not less!

Finally, I do like the overall vision, and adding Chauncey for training purposes for all the guards is brilliant as long as he doesn't play too much. He can't do it anymore, just ask the Clippers!

BTW, DX can hope for Burke, and Sparma is right, he is the 2nd most likely to fall, but I do think he's gone at #2 or #3.

Oracle,

I agree 100% about Greg.

Stuckey:
No one outside of the big 3 holds the ball for any length of time, while Rodney admittedly needs it to get things done. He isn't effective at waiting at a spot or cutting. I think his style of play and limited touches would result in an uncomplementary fit.

CV:
He would only be the forth best 3pt shooter on the team, behind Allen, Miller, Battier and Chalmers. Who knows Lewis might also beat out the Chuckster.

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 28 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Thu May 23, 2013 6:43 pm

Murph wrote:
cool breeze wrote:
One other point I wanted to make regarding big men. I think Murph said his worst nightmare would be watching Hansbourgh play for Detroit for the next 3 years. I wonder if he watched him play tonight. That is the type of player we need coming off the bench. He is in great shape and gives everything he has all the time. He kicked our Pistons big men's asses for the past two years. And we have fans who don't like him. We all see things a little different don't we

Don...I missed the Miami/Indiana game. I really can't stand watching Miami.

But from the box score, I see Hansbrough finally had a decent game, in very limited minutes. For the post season though, Hansbrough is averaging 4.5 pts and 3.5 rbds, and shooting 42%...well below his season averages.

Taking Cody Zeller in a bad draft is one thing. I agree that he might be the best player available at the #8 spot.

But signing Tyler Hansbrough to a 5 year free agent contract is something altogether different. The guy is a scrub. He might be a hustling, hard working, undersized scrub...but he's still a scrub.

I mean, if we want a hustling, hard working, undersized scrub...let's just bring back JMax. We could probably get him cheaper than Hansbrough.

Murph it is clear to me that you have not been watching many Piston games if you suggested bringing back Maxiell inferring that Maxiell would be the same value to the Piston team. What Hansbrough does often never shows up in the stat sheet. Notice what Battier has done the pas two seasons in Miami. Battier comes in and hits people. His job is to rough the opposition up even if he is called for a lot of fouls. Miami has a special situation where the refs ignore fouls committed by Battier and Wade but nevertheless, Hansbrough does this same thing. He has high energy coming off the bench. He has destroyed the Pistons every game he has played against them now for two seasons. He does that because he runs the floor fast. He sets up to take the charge and doesn't get out the way like Charlie V. His teammates love him because he plays the hard nosed style of play that has been missing on this Piston team with our big men since Billups, Wallace and McDyess left. We have soft big men like Monroe. He could learn a lot from Hansbrough. I am not for giving him a 5 year contract but a 3 year contract would be one of the best things Detroit could do to improve this team. We need 3 big men who can play. And I really feel that Hansbrough is flat out a better option regarding helping the team win games than Monroe. He would force our young big men to work harder because everyone in the league knows that Hansbrough will never stop giving everything he has in a game. This guy is no star player but he is the type of player that improves a team. That is why I also want Detroit to sign D. Collision who is a restricted free agent. He would so much more for the Pistons than a guy like Calderon. He would fill the point guard issue coming off the bench with Hansbrough playing smash mouth basketball that all Detroiters miss. However, I expect something like a Maxiell signing because we have an owner who gets advise from movie stars.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 28 Empty Today I want to thank Vincent Goodwill for giving us the scoop that our fearless owner doesn't like Isiah Thomas

Post  cool breeze Thu May 23, 2013 6:26 pm

This was a profound article today by Goodwill. Now we know that Gores cannot think for himself and has no emotional feelings for the Detroit Pistons. It is all business or the bottom line and he should end up losing a lot of money before he sells the team. Gores can brag to his LA friends that he owns an NBA team. Meanwhile, he will consult with his nit wit LA friends and write down what he should do next including hiring the next coach. It never made any sense for Detroit to hire Larry Frank. But now it makes perfect sense to me. Gores doesn't know anything about basketball and is easily lead. His LA friends say, this Isiah Thomas is no good. You should never consider hiring him or even giving him an interview. So Gores consults with Phil Jackson who is one weird dude. But it is doubtful that even Jackson would bad mouth Zeke but maybe he did. We Piston fans cannot identify with Gores and we never will. And he doesn't care if we do. He is very concerned about his image with the LA social elites and wants to keep those invitations coming. If he ever was a Piston fan which I doubt and actually followed the career of Thomas, there is no way he would act this way. So now I could care less if the Palace is empty. Gores deserves bad things to happen. He can hire another Frank if that is OK with his LA friends. Now I am feeling sorry for Joe Dumars who obviously has less power than he ever has had. Why doesn't he quit his job? We true blue Piston fans should not get excited at all about the coming season or the season after that. He will fail as an owner and bad decisions will be made relating to basketball. We can only hope that he sells the team soon. Damn it all! We couldn't have gotten a worse owner. Thanks for at least filling us in Vincent.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 28 Empty Miami needs to lose...

Post  WTF Thu May 23, 2013 4:36 pm

Oracle wrote:Wade, not Bosh!

IMO, Bosh is more valuable to them than Wade, who's injured so much the future of him staying healthy should scare the crap out of Miami!

Oh I agree 100% but I don't see Riley doing it. Bosh has been always looked at as a third wheel and it's no way I think Lebron stays without Wade and Riley knows this.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 28 Empty Anthony Bennett: A shorter, chunkier Charlie Villanueva?

Post  Oracle Thu May 23, 2013 4:31 pm

The lack of size and long wingspan that Joe Dumars apparently loves so much. Bennett is the classic tweener -- a burly body without the size or low-post moves to play down low in the NBA. So he either has to develop his skills in the post or become more than just a respectable shooter from deep.

Biggest red flag?

Shinons*: Defense. Players like Bennett are attractive as lottery picks because of their mismatch potential. Their athleticism and versatility make folks drool with the mismatch potential on the offensive end. But that same mismatch potential kills them on the defensive end.

Mike Payne: Two stand out-- first, his height. He's 6'7", which is barely below average for a small forward let alone a power forward, which is likely his NBA position. Second, he averages a lot more fouls and turnovers than he does assists/steals/blocks (4.3 : 2.Cool, which might seem a bit arbitrary but I see it as a suggestion that he's pretty one-dimensional. Points and rebounds are great, but they might not scale to the NBA given his height and lack of a clear positional fit.

Sean Corp: Lack of defensive knowledge and/or effort. Honestly, when you're 6-foot-8 with the kind of length and athleticism Bennett possesses you should dominate college basketball. Instead Bennett appears to be disinterested in that phase of the game. He gets pushed around by the big guys and gives up way too much space down low and he doesn't have the instincts to cause trouble along the perimeter. The Pistons are hypothetically "going for it" next year and the owner has publicly declared that his wallet is open. That means that Bennett probably wouldn't be able to play through his defensive mistakes and would be buried on the bench. Then all of a sudden the Pistons have yet another raw NBA talent who they refuse to develop.

Kevin Sawyer: His size. Sure, he can create matchup problems, but he will become a matchup problem on defense. That's a zero sum game, and recent precedent has not been kind to teams drafting tweener stretch fours. Moreover, I'm just not sure he's that good. His numbers were solid, but unspectacular. He seems like a nice pickup in the middle of the first round, not the potential #1 pick he is projected to be.

Article - Anthony Bennett's DBB scouting report
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 28 Empty Miami needs to lose...

Post  Oracle Thu May 23, 2013 4:28 pm

Wade, not Bosh!

IMO, Bosh is more valuable to them than Wade, who's injured so much the future of him staying healthy should scare the crap out of Miami!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 28 Empty One Question

Post  WTF Thu May 23, 2013 4:18 pm

lemonpen wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:I think what I what I propose makes a lot of sense and addresses a lot of the concerns many have.

1. It almost immediately put us in contention for a title run next season having both Bosh and Smith which I think both are very doable if Fat Ass really puts forth the effort to get it done.

2. I won't cry over giving Josh Smith a Max Deal because you can't argue 17-pts and 9-rebs a game along with stellar defense and athleticism.

3. How could anyone argue with drafting Zeller and trading away Charlie, Stuckey and Greg for Bosh and not think we upgraded our front-court. Success doesn't come without some sacrifices, the only way to sell this trade to Miami would be to sacrifice Monroe in the process. If Bosh walks we win, if he stays we win. Likely he walks but his presence for one season made us relevant and puts us well above .500 so who could argue about winning.

4. Adding Chauncey for MLE for 2 season doesn't kill us financially but would mean the world to Knight, MaCallum if he was on the roster. Yeah Burke could magically fall to us then this might changes the theory of trading Monroe without no Zeller in the fold.

What is it that Miami will find so so irresistable about Charlie, Stuckey and Greg for Bosh. CV & Stuck offer less than the Heat currently get from their supporting cast. As long as the big 3 are toghether Miami will continue being an attractive destination for ring seeking vets willing to work for cheap.

Lemon the appeal is Greg Monroe and the expiring contracts of both Rodney and Charlie. Miami has only 2 choices trade Bosh now or simply lose him in the summer of 2014. Miami can continue paying all three but they can afford to keep Wade and give Lebron the dollars he wants and sign Monroe at half the cost of Bosh. We know that it doesn't take much to support Lebron and Wade so they honestly don't need Charlie and Stuckey. This trade involes just a little more than just swapping talent in short its about swapping Monroe for Bosh and expiring contracts.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Thu May 23, 2013 4:15 pm

That is interesting!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 28 Empty One Question

Post  lemonpen Thu May 23, 2013 2:09 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I think what I what I propose makes a lot of sense and addresses a lot of the concerns many have.

1. It almost immediately put us in contention for a title run next season having both Bosh and Smith which I think both are very doable if Fat Ass really puts forth the effort to get it done.

2. I won't cry over giving Josh Smith a Max Deal because you can't argue 17-pts and 9-rebs a game along with stellar defense and athleticism.

3. How could anyone argue with drafting Zeller and trading away Charlie, Stuckey and Greg for Bosh and not think we upgraded our front-court. Success doesn't come without some sacrifices, the only way to sell this trade to Miami would be to sacrifice Monroe in the process. If Bosh walks we win, if he stays we win. Likely he walks but his presence for one season made us relevant and puts us well above .500 so who could argue about winning.

4. Adding Chauncey for MLE for 2 season doesn't kill us financially but would mean the world to Knight, MaCallum if he was on the roster. Yeah Burke could magically fall to us then this might changes the theory of trading Monroe without no Zeller in the fold.

What is it that Miami will find so so irresistable about Charlie, Stuckey and Greg for Bosh. CV & Stuck offer less than the Heat currently get from their supporting cast. As long as the big 3 are toghether Miami will continue being an attractive destination for ring seeking vets willing to work for cheap.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Thu May 23, 2013 12:15 pm

I think what I what I propose makes a lot of sense and addresses a lot of the concerns many have.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 28 Empty Burke

Post  Sparma Thu May 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Among the Big Six, I think he has the second best chance of falling to #8, with Bennett being the most likely because of injury questions.

When it comes right down to it, I expect a premium on size (although AD's fall belies my theory!). It wouldn't surprise me if both Len and Zeller end up being picked before us. If so, all it would take would be for Bennett to be drafted before Burke. Can't see Noel, Porter, Oladipo, or McLemore dropping to 8, or even to 7.

MLive passed along a prediction of Burke falling to us at #8; the guy received some ridicule but I think there's a real possibility, albeit well under 50% chance.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 28 Empty Wise

Post  deusXango Thu May 23, 2013 11:31 am

Wise, there is a God and all things are possible! Maybe you over-sold me on Burke, you think? Naw. You got me to watch him and what I saw sold me on this young man, so smooth, so deadly. Thanks again for the heads up.

I'm on the same page with you now that you've explained your position with Bosh; he's "money in the bank." I like the Moose but, you're right, we've got to stop practicing this nonsensical sentiment with these flawed players simply because they're on the Pistons roster and Joe is too dimwitted to move them. Because you like a player doesn't automatically give them improved talent; I've had women that loved me but my ass stayed broke until I did something about it. Outside "rah, rah" doesn't mean a hill of beans if the player doesn't have inside drive to become better, that's why I don't care for Stuckey; he's never shown me any indication that he's driven to improve and get better. He's basically the same player that came into the league six years ago, just older and physically more mature but, not one iota more skilled. Yeah, Monroe may have to go; coming in Zeller would have more going for himself and seems to be a better fit with Drummond down the line. With a frontline of Drummond, Smith, and Zeller, Detroit would have the most athletic frontline in the east, and it's yet to be determined how much Slava will improve. (We shouldn't forget the forgotten man.)

I'm going to stay hopeful until Burke's off the board and we haven't picked yet.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 28 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next