Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
Murph
Phil-Good
merc
Oracle
Go Stones!
deusXango
cool breeze
WTF
12 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM Empty SL #1

Post  lemonpen Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:15 am

Yep, Middleton showed some dominance over the competition. Nice.

KCP: El Stinko. His shot attempts were long, short, right and left. He is speedy with hops.

Mitchell: Not bad. He gets off of his feet quickly for blocks and boards. He has size, strength, motor and some offensive skills.

Drummond: I saw little improvement in his structured offense. Strangely, his instinctive offense seemed better. FT shooting still looks suspect. But everything else is A++.

English: Tries hard but still produces little for the effort. If anyone is released .............. pale 

Siva: Hardly shot the ball at all. Kid was getting into the lane at will, and was able to find open guys. As noted by Oracle, better shooting by KCP would have resulted in more assists.

-------

https://detroitsportstalk.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=137
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty An eye to the future

Post  deusXango Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:05 am

Bringing this years rookies along slow makes more sense than bringing Drummond along slow last year; the team is balanced enough, with strong enough talent, to afford to allow the rooks to come off the bench and learn the fine points of the pro game. Coming out the gate I can see there is extraordinary talent, but there was nervousness at a Summer League game; opening night the starters should be our young veterans:
PG-Knight
SG-Middleton
SF-Smith
PF-Monroe
C- Drummond
This group should be cool-headed enough to handle opening night jitters in a NBA arena, and kick some booty.Very Happy 
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Middleton is Good!

Post  Oracle Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:47 pm

Middleton got them going early, and pulled their fat out of the fire down the stretch with a sweet jumper to put the Nets on their heels! IMO, Middleton is RIP with range, he has one of the sweetest strokes I've seen!

Siva was a good floor general down the stretch as well.

Drummond settled down and stopped turning the ball over, but his FT shooting is still a problem as they went to hack a Drummond in the 4th!

Not a good outing for KCP as he struggled with shooting and turnovers, but I really liked the way he plays.

He did almost everything right on both ends, but unlike Drummond(5 steals) and Siva(4 steals), he had no take aways.

Did English do enough to make the squad? IMO yes, but the reality is that unless he dominates SL, his chances are slim!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Halftime

Post  Oracle Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:45 pm

KCP can't hit the broad side, and to call Drummonds offensive game primitive is an insult to primitives Smile

Both look like crap, but thanks to Middleton early, then English & Mitchel, we got back on track, but slipped up later in the 2nd!

Drummond looked horrible offensively, but he was shining defensively where he looked every bit the star we need down low. But he can't be a Ben Wallace, he HAS to get that baby hook shot working! He showed it, but that's one ugly baby right now!

KCP missed EVERYTHING, I felt bad for the rook, but to his credit, he kept shooting(and kept missing... badly).

Siva isn't lighting up the stat sheet, but he's looked good to me, and if KCP was hitting his assists would be better.

It's the first game, we really need to let them settle down before we can really see their capabilities... but I still want to win Smile
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty What's the deal?

Post  Oracle Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:36 pm

merc wrote:Per most sources closest to the F.O. the deal is 4 years at 54 Mil (not 56M) as reported by the NY Times and Freep (amongst others).

Merc, yes the deal is base 54M, but if Josh meets his performance incentives, it's 56M.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Kim English?

Post  Sebastian Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:12 pm

If the Pistons elect to keep English beyond July 12, then maybe he [English] should be given the opportunity to challenge KCP for the starting, SG spot.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty What's the deal?

Post  merc Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:36 pm

Per most sources closest to the F.O. the deal is 4 years at 54 Mil (not 56M) as reported by the NY Times and Freep (amongst others).
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:31 pm

We may not have great spacing but we'll own the offensive glass... This roster will earn it's keep with put backs and drawing fouls.
Expecting a decent mid range game from Greg this year.
We'll also get a ton of points with transition defense.
Top 3 defense in the association.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:54 pm

Oracle wrote:Give me an effing break... Hell yeah this can work, but there are challenges!

Is spacing a problem? - Yes, but... even if Monroe doesn't get his midrange act together, spacing problems can be offset with fast athletic bigs like Drummond & Smith! They can and will try to pack the paint, but packing the paint is of no use if you can't match up effectively with our bigs in the paint, and in the east, only the Pacers have a chance to do that! That's the worst case because I don't believe for one minute that we won't have decent enough shooters to help the situation.

Is shooting a problem? - Maybe, but here again, we have something to offset that as well. LB's teams were not good scorers! We had scoring droughts that would make the Kalahari proud! But what we had was a suffocating defense that basically said, if we can't score, then neither will you! We won't have that level of defense on day one, but we're capable of shutting teams down!

With the projected capabilities of Knight & KCP, we would have very good perimeter defenders. Perimeter defense is rarely lockdown defense! At the NBA level, it's a slow down and contain level of defense because nba guards are way too difficult to stop completely! Knight is a good defender at the PG position, and KCP is rumored to be good at the SG position(or Stuckey).

You put good defensive guard play with Drummond and Smith, and you've got something special brewing! Then if we can get Monroe to stop chasing guards and play more positional defense where he doesn't need to be athletic to be effective, then we're more than special!

Is Coaching a problem? - We don't know yet, but this team is a coaches dream! The combinations you can throw out every night is simply astounding!

There's almost no team you can't match this lineup with where we don't have advantages! Going small isn't really small anymore! For this team going small is more like just going more athletic with size! A coach should be able to handle fast running teams just as easily as dealing with slow plodding teams and playing a half court game!

In short, the smarter the coach the better this team will perform!

What can go wrong? - A lot, after all, we're dealing with human beings for Christ's sake! But you'll have to have a pretty big implosion for that to happen!

This is without a doubt a playoff team because all of those silly losses we have had in the last few years are games that we win now based on talent alone!

It'll be nice to have teams worry about us when we come to town, and not us wondering how we'll lose this one!

Mentally we're not there yet because Josh Smith doesn't raise our BBall IQ, and that's where the desire for a more experienced PG becomes important(and no, Trey Burke wasn't the answer)! We need someone that can run the team until BK7 can get up to speed!

IMO, Joe & Cheeks know that this is the kind of team that BK7 is built for! He has the size and skill but not the experience or mental development that will come in the next year or two to do all that we need! But neither does Drummond or Monroe, they're all playing off of talent, not brains at this point.

Monroe is turning that corner and Knight will be next! This is an exciting time for us Piston fans, and I want to sop all of this up and slowly savor it!

Oracle you mentioned shooting problems. With Smith our shooters will have a big advantage this season at least in the regular season games as opposed to last season. There should be some wide open looks for a change and those looks will be set up by going inside to the big guys a lot. Smith moves well without the ball. It might take some time, but I see the Piston offense becoming really good.

I am not in favor of signing Bynum even though some are excited about the thought of Bynum driving and passing to either Drummond or Smith. It doesn't work that way. Bynum has not shown that he is a good outside shooter. He is a driver like Stuckey. Stuckey is a much better outside shooter and defender. Bynum will never be able to compare in any favorable way to Nate Robinson if fans want a small guy. Nate can do everything much better than Bynum and he is one mean physical player because of his college football background. Being that one huge weakness in Bynum's game is his outside shooting ability, I would rather try Siva who is a good pick and roll guy as well. Siva is a much better defender. And I would be trying to trade Rodney but not give him away. If he can't be traded, perhaps he will surprise us being he will be working for a new contract this season.

I expect Knight to shine this season. Smith will help his game for sure but without thinking of Smith I have believed all along that this will be Brandon's season. Last summer he dedicated himself to figuring out how to defend other point guards. And he proved that hard work does play off because he became a really good on the ball defender. This summer Knight is working on all the little stuff and especially the mental part of making good decisions with the ball under pressure. I see Knight having a blast this coming season. He will relax and have fun and everything will fall into place for him.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Summer League and the Pistons

Post  cool breeze Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:32 pm

I just looked at the Piston roster relating to the Orlando Summer League. All of last years rookies will attend. And I was surprised to see that Kyle Singer's brother will be playing for the Pistons. This guy was flat out one of the best players in the PAC 12 last season while playing for a quality team at Oregon. My best guess is that nobody who lives in Detroit has ever heard of him but I was surprised that his name was not listed in the 2nd round. He has a high basketball IQ like his brother. He is a stand out defender and shoots the ball well in the clutch and does all the other things well as he was a 4 year player for the Ducks and played for an excellent head coach. Detroit should have one of the best teams in this summer league. It will be fun to see all the rookies but I am especially interested in how Siva plays.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Murph

Post  Oracle Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:17 pm

Joe paid 55M for Gordon, so I agree, 56M for Smith is good!

BTW, Smith is no Gordon! What Gordon had was conditional, Smith's skills are REAL Smile
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Can this work?

Post  Oracle Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:10 pm

Give me an effing break... Hell yeah this can work, but there are challenges!

Is spacing a problem? - Yes, but... even if Monroe doesn't get his midrange act together, spacing problems can be offset with fast athletic bigs like Drummond & Smith! They can and will try to pack the paint, but packing the paint is of no use if you can't match up effectively with our bigs in the paint, and in the east, only the Pacers have a chance to do that! That's the worst case because I don't believe for one minute that we won't have decent enough shooters to help the situation.

Is shooting a problem? - Maybe, but here again, we have something to offset that as well. LB's teams were not good scorers! We had scoring droughts that would make the Kalahari proud! But what we had was a suffocating defense that basically said, if we can't score, then neither will you! We won't have that level of defense on day one, but we're capable of shutting teams down!

With the projected capabilities of Knight & KCP, we would have very good perimeter defenders. Perimeter defense is rarely lockdown defense! At the NBA level, it's a slow down and contain level of defense because nba guards are way too difficult to stop completely! Knight is a good defender at the PG position, and KCP is rumored to be good at the SG position(or Stuckey).

You put good defensive guard play with Drummond and Smith, and you've got something special brewing! Then if we can get Monroe to stop chasing guards and play more positional defense where he doesn't need to be athletic to be effective, then we're more than special!

Is Coaching a problem? - We don't know yet, but this team is a coaches dream! The combinations you can throw out every night is simply astounding!

There's almost no team you can't match this lineup with where we don't have advantages! Going small isn't really small anymore! For this team going small is more like just going more athletic with size! A coach should be able to handle fast running teams just as easily as dealing with slow plodding teams and playing a half court game!

In short, the smarter the coach the better this team will perform!

What can go wrong? - A lot, after all, we're dealing with human beings for Christ's sake! But you'll have to have a pretty big implosion for that to happen!

This is without a doubt a playoff team because all of those silly losses we have had in the last few years are games that we win now based on talent alone!

It'll be nice to have teams worry about us when we come to town, and not us wondering how we'll lose this one!

Mentally we're not there yet because Josh Smith doesn't raise our BBall IQ, and that's where the desire for a more experienced PG becomes important(and no, Trey Burke wasn't the answer)! We need someone that can run the team until BK7 can get up to speed!

IMO, Joe & Cheeks know that this is the kind of team that BK7 is built for! He has the size and skill but not the experience or mental development that will come in the next year or two to do all that we need! But neither does Drummond or Monroe, they're all playing off of talent, not brains at this point.

Monroe is turning that corner and Knight will be next! This is an exciting time for us Piston fans, and I want to sop all of this up and slowly savor it!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Sorry Joe...

Post  Murph Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Murph wrote:So this is kind of ironic isn't it?  Now Joe is in a fix because he has a ton of cap space, and can't attract a single free agent to spend it on.  It looks as if no free agent wants to try to play for Joe and his revolving door of  bad coaches.  No free agent wants to sign, and then get blamed when the team under-performs.

Which makes the Ben Gordon trade look even more absurd.  Joe actually gave up a 1st round draft choice in one of the best drafts in years, in order to dump Gordon, in order to pile up cap space...that he can't spend on ANYONE.  Obviously, Joe would have been much better off with Gordon, his salary...and OUR 1ST ROUND DRAFT CHOICE!!!

This situation is beyond moronic.  This situation, along with passing on Burke is going to be the very last F-ups Joe is going to be allowed to make.  Gores is a patient man, but even Gores isn't going to tolerate situations like this any longer.

OK....I take it all back. Excellent free agent signing by Joe Dumars. IMO, Josh Smith is the best free agent the Pistons could have signed, considering their needs. And I don't even think Joe particularly paid too much for Smith, under the circumstances.

Excellent move Joe. clap 

Now I just hope Smith can play small forward.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty The Pistons are not moving Greg Monroe. Have some long term vision

Post  Phil-Good Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:21 pm

I don't know where all this trade the Moose talks comes from but it's not going to happen.

Why would you go through years of losing and be rewarded with Greg Monroe and Andre Drummonds just to trade them away for guys like Rondo with his bad knees??

Our best shot at Rondo will be when Boston comes back to reality and see that they can't build around him. He's to moody.

Then two expiring contracts and maybe B.K.7 will sound better to them then it does now.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Mr. Joe Dumars

Post  Oracle Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:16 pm

@Merc - I've always supported Joe, but I admit that even my faith was wavering in recent years, but I never, ever wanted him gone! Failure here and I would have accepted the inevitable, but I still wouldn't like it because I recognized the circumstances. However, in the final analysis, it's a business, and Joe just gave the business to Dallas & Houston who had desires to get Josh, so Joe gets to write another chapter! Good to know you're still there for Joe!

@Lemonpen - Absolutely great post, and something a LOT of people fail to realize! Joe competed against the super teams and won a championship and a sh!t load of ECF's and Central division titles... and he did it without the superstars!

We held LeBron off(like Jordan) for as long as we could, but in BOTH cases, we were aging before they passed us, neither took us out regularly in our prime!

That's one hell of a record, and nobody can keep that up forever, there will be down times that need to be weathered, and hopefully we've gone through the worst and are on our way back to respectability and relevance!

My complaint about Joe is that he doesn't know how to tank when tanking is necessary! When we have fallen, we need the highest pick to get a superstar in the draft because our history shows that that's the only way to get one(see Zeke)!

Good work Joe & Go Pistons!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:38 pm

lemonpen wrote:
cool breeze wrote:
Maybe our GM has had the Bi-Polar problem for a few seasons but has now found a cure. Lemonpen you cannot ignore the facts and actual history and follow a leader blindly unless maybe you are in serious combat and have no other choice. Huge mistakes have been made by management. Now Joe and the owners have done something great and we will not ignore that either. We have hope for more good talent to arrive to blend with our young guys and become a force in the East. We are turning a new corner now and it is time for the suffering of all people who care about the Pistons to come to an end. This has been a great day!  

What I am hoping for is that Smith transforms himself into a different person as the highest paid player on this Piston team. He is capable of becoming much better as a basketball player and leader. Moving to a new place and leaving all the negative stuff behind might just prompt Smith to realize his potential. If he puts in the work to become one of the best players in the NBA in the end that might be as satisfying as the money he will be receiving with this contract.
I don't ignore facts or history.  Joe Dumars has run circles around 95% of his GM competition.  Of the 16 playoff teams only Miami and San Antonio have accomplished more during Joes tenure; and with SUPERstars.  Outside of the playoffs, add the Lakers (and their SUPERstars).   As you indicate, he has managed to erase enough mistakes to put us on an uptick.   Heck, his competitions draft oversights have helped accelerate our rise.  
IMO, the real history of Joe would say despite the mistakes he remains better than most.  
Good post LP... always thought of GM moves like a batting avg... and Joe is clearly a top hitter in the L.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Where WE are now ...

Post  lemonpen Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:15 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Maybe our GM has had the Bi-Polar problem for a few seasons but has now found a cure. Lemonpen you cannot ignore the facts and actual history and follow a leader blindly unless maybe you are in serious combat and have no other choice. Huge mistakes have been made by management. Now Joe and the owners have done something great and we will not ignore that either. We have hope for more good talent to arrive to blend with our young guys and become a force in the East. We are turning a new corner now and it is time for the suffering of all people who care about the Pistons to come to an end. This has been a great day!  

What I am hoping for is that Smith transforms himself into a different person as the highest paid player on this Piston team. He is capable of becoming much better as a basketball player and leader. Moving to a new place and leaving all the negative stuff behind might just prompt Smith to realize his potential. If he puts in the work to become one of the best players in the NBA in the end that might be as satisfying as the money he will be receiving with this contract.
I don't ignore facts or history. Joe Dumars has run circles around 95% of his GM competition. Of the 16 playoff teams only Miami and San Antonio have accomplished more during Joes tenure; and with SUPERstars. Outside of the playoffs, add the Lakers (and their SUPERstars). As you indicate, he has managed to erase enough mistakes to put us on an uptick. Heck, his competitions draft oversights have helped accelerate our rise.
IMO, the real history of Joe would say despite the mistakes he remains better than most.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Where WE are now ...

Post  Sebastian Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:45 am

deusXango wrote:We have a deal with Josh Smith, and like I said, he didn't receive a max contract from us, so let's leave the money angle alone and concentrate on the talent angle.

Potentially speaking, we have an awesome frontline unit in Drummond, Monroe, Smith, and Mitchell; let's not talk about trading anyone of those players until we see just how devastating they can be on defense, and how well they jell on offense. Trades based on speculative shortcomings won't allow us to appreciate what we now have.

We've been in the lottery for the last four years running, so the playoffs are a great improvement and the second round is flat out astounding. Let's wait and see where the present efforts of Joe will take us, before making any major renovations to the team. Leave the guard corps as they are for this year, and work on building team chemistry; give the big men every chance to jell together.

We must accept and make the most of the last year of Stuckey' and CV's contract; their value is in the expiration. Talking about and attempts to trade them should end with the unsuccessful approach to Toronto for Rudy Gay.

Any and all future trade scenarios should be centered around Singler and/or Jerebko; they're the most appealing trade pieces, albeit the least important members of our rebuilding roster.

Keep Siva, and give him, Middleton, Mitchell, and Kravtsov every opportunity to develop with the team; these will be the players who'll positively impact on whatever successes the team will enjoy, short and long range.    

DX, I totally agree with everything that you have written about maintaining the current roster and the cultivation of the current group. One thing that I don't believe most Pistons fans are noticing -- is these guys seem to genuinely like each other. And, I don't doubt that Josh will be well like by the current roster, as well.

Let's roll with what WE have, like DX has suggested. And, once again DX, way to get into Joe's head about targeting at all cost (money and patience) at acquiring Josh Smith.

And, for anyone who think that now that Josh has agreed to join the family that the next move would be to trade Moose (and B. Knight) for a guard, who is only 6 months from tearing his ACL, please remove this notion from your heads.

If anything, I say let Rondo play out his current contract and prove that he can still play, post ACL injury and post teammates of KG, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen. WE have yet to see how he will perform without the Big Three, future hall of famers.

And, if Rondo can prove that he can still play, then make a move for him when he becomes a free agent.

Also, another by product of not making anymore moves or additions, it keeps US just above the cap minimum, which leaves an additional $6 million, plus the expiring contracts of Stuckey and Charlie V. Who knows, if Stuckey has the season that I expect that he has that $6 million can come in handy, if WE have the urge (or tangible reason) to resign, the fan-battered PG. Some of the $17 million can be used to extend Moose and a portion of it can be banked to extend B. Knight the following year, and even yet some can be banked to extend Dre, two seasons later.

Keeping the roster just as it is (adding KCP, T. Mitch, and Siva) makes the books balanced for seasons to come, while remaining very competitive going forward.

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Where we are now

Post  deusXango Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:13 am

We have a deal with Josh Smith, and like I said, he didn't receive a max contract from us, so let's leave the money angle alone and concentrate on the talent angle.

Potentially speaking, we have an awesome frontline unit in Drummond, Monroe, Smith, and Mitchell; let's not talk about trading anyone of those players until we see just how devastating they can be on defense, and how well they jell on offense. Trades based on speculative shortcomings won't allow us to appreciate what we now have.

We've been in the lottery for the last four years running, so the playoffs are a great improvement and the second round is flat out astounding. Let's wait and see where the present efforts of Joe will take us, before making any major renovations to the team. Leave the guard corps as they are for this year, and work on building team chemistry; give the big men every chance to jell together.

We must accept and make the most of the last year of Stuckey' and CV's contract; their value is in the expiration. Talking about and attempts to trade them should end with the unsuccessful approach to Toronto for Rudy Gay.

Any and all future trade scenarios should be centered around Singler and/or Jerebko; they're the most appealing trade pieces, albeit the least important members of our rebuilding roster.

Keep Siva, and give him, Middleton, Mitchell, and Kravtsov every opportunity to develop with the team; these will be the players who'll positively impact on whatever successes the team will enjoy, short and long range.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:39 am

lemonpen wrote:This is in fact the most Bi-Polar place on the planet.

We HATE you Joe !!!!!!
You're my HERO Joe !!!!!
You mindless do nothing Joe !!!
Way to go Joe !!!!

Sheesh

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:22 am

Sebastian wrote:
OUR front line is set: Josh, Moose, and Dre makes for the most flexible front line in the League.

It is time to give it up to Joe.clap 

He hired the coach that he wanted (Mo'). He drafted the players that he wanted (KCP, T. Mitch, and Siva), who WE will get the chance to see starting tomorrow in Summer League play.

Joe made all of these moves without ever showing his hand. Damn, I do believe that Joe is back. Forgive me for losing faith in you Joe.Joe 

DX, and all my other Pistons Pals, WE may have to begin having comfort in what Stuckey does well. There is no shame in having Stuckey as the starting PG and B. Knight bringing the heat off the bench. Or, if Mo' would like to start B. Knight and have Stuckey come off, either way, along with the addition of KCP, OUR backcourt is set like OUR front court is set.

PG- Stuckey/B. Knight/Siva
SG- KCP/Singler/Middleton
SF- J-Smoove/Jerebko
PF- Moose/T. Mitch/Charlie V.
C- Dre Drummond/the Ukraine

Trust me, Pistons Pals, if this is the line-up that starts Training Camp and tips it off in the fall, this will be a 50+ win team; a fourth seed in the East and defensive juggernaut.

I like this squad.toast 
Sebastian, I'm so drunk with happiness that your backcourt is like the ugly girl in a bar; the more time goes by, the better she looks. On the serious side, your backcourt suggestion is good and I'm good with it. Whoever starts, give up the ball instead of dribbling out the shot clock. I think, however, that either Singler or Jerebko must go (13 men on a 12 roster?); hard choice...do we go with energy or intelligence? My personal preference would be to hold on to the "Dukie," but Jerebko is my boy!! Talk about bi-polar. In any event, I'm done with playing Singler out of position; both he and Jerebko are SF's.

I don't want Smith coming to the Pistons wearing the number of losers (bad sign and I'm superstitious); how about #20? Some of the baddest Lions ever, wore #20.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Prediction...

Post  Go Stones! Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:03 pm

Now that they have JSmith, they will try to get Gay, Deng or Granger with CV/Stuckey. Then don't be surprised if they use Moose and other small parts to get Rondo. Why? My bet is that Joe D gave Josh Smith his plan at 12:01 am and told him he was the first domino that would need to fall. Keep in mind that there will be MANY different SFs going on the market next year. If we have the building blocks and Gay/Granger/Deng's contract coming off the books, we would be in a sweet position. We would be able to compete with any team on "any given night".

Rondo/BK7/Siva
MCP/BK7/English
GayDengGranger/Middleton/Singler
JSmith/JJ/RookiePF
Dre/Slav

This is a balance of offense and defense AND veteran and young.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty JS $$$$

Post  lemonpen Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:01 pm

Does $56 mil break down to $11+$13+$15+$17 / season.  That seems financially prudent to me.

I hope Cheeks is willing to start the rook at SG.
i hope Moose has been working on improving his mid range game.
I hope BK7 is doing whatever PGs do to make the game slow down, cause he just might have 4 real options.
I hope none of the Stones are listening to the media's description of why this thing can't work.
I hope Cheeks sees the possibilities.
I hope English puts on a shooting clinic starting tomorrow.
I hope Buckets recognizes the opportunity that has just opened for a knock-down shooter.

Things are taking shape slowly but surely.

Last edited by lemonpen on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Bynum's next

Post  Sparma Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:39 pm

Not Andrew Bynum, I don't imagine, although that would make things even more interesting. Things looked so bleak earlier today and now I feel deliriously excited, so you may have a point, Lemonpen.

I see some mixing and matching ahead. Assuming Bynum's back, I would expect him to continue his magic with Drummond. I'd think that Drummond would start, but I don't see him playing more than 30 minutes a game at peak level next season, so who knows.

I've been plenty critical of Knight and Stuckey, but I've always thought their best chance of succeeding as playmakers would come if a) the team played fast or b) we ran a multi pronged offense. Looks like we're going in the latter direction. Smart (given the players we have). I like it. Monroe and Smith must be two of the best big man passers in the NBA (and I haven't forgotten Monroe's TO woes). And Drummond's got a lot of potential as passer, based on what I saw last year.

Great to have a rugged, tough, team. It's been a while. I still think Stuckey could be added to the number of rugged, tough, defenders. Maybe a fresh start with Mo combined with a contract year could get him going.

Unfortunately, first unit shooting could also be rough. Dang, I wish we still had Calderon to help with the spacing. I wonder if he would stayed if this had happened a bit earlier. I like our team better than Dallas's now, although Dallas is supposed to have a ton of cap space next year, so they'll be fine.

That said, I don't think we're done with our maneuvering. Maybe CV & Stuckey's expirings can land a nice complementary piece. And say no to Monroe for Rondo!

Is this first week in the July the one week for amnestying? I think a team like Boston would be more receptive to cap space than to CV's expiring, with their eyes on Wiggins and Parker. Stuckey and CV could keep them too good! Where's Maggette when you need to include him in a trade to help a team seriously tank?
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty It's Official

Post  lemonpen Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:19 pm

This is in fact the most Bi-Polar place on the planet.

We HATE you Joe !!!!!!
You're my HERO Joe !!!!!
You mindless do nothing Joe !!!
Way to go Joe !!!!

Sheesh
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down