Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
Murph
Phil-Good
merc
Oracle
Go Stones!
deusXango
cool breeze
WTF
12 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Will someone please s'plain to me...

Post  deusXango Fri May 17, 2013 1:23 pm

How the hell did Andre Drummond come in 4th in the ROY voting but, failed to make the All-Rookie 1st Team? Since David Stern is so "gung-ho" on fixing sh!t, shouldn't he be making a public explanation as to how/why that happened? There's got to be Drummond fans outside of Detroit.

Trey Burke is projected to go as high as in the top 3, by many knowledgeable sources, to every team that's in need of a PG but Detroit; why? Along with his skills, high b-ball I.Q., drive to succeed, and leadership abilities, coupled with 6' 1" height and a 6' 5" wingspan, you have the makings of a very "special" player; WTF are we waiting on for Knight to get it when "special" is at the door? Knight is the best combo guard on the team and combo's come off the bench, on a contending team! Dumars likes big guards? He tried that "mine is bigger than yours" with Rodney Stuckey and it was an absolute failure!!

Joe signed Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva as FA's; that was yesterdays failure. IMHO Josh Smith and Andre Iguodala is the hope for tomorrow. Joe has the financial ability to sign both those FA's (who far out-class Gordon and CV) and that would be a job saving move. I personally don't know how a slew of 2nd and 3rd tier players can equal what those two would mean to the Pistons; that "we want more, and more" is good for a kiddie commercial but, it doesn't make sense in the real world. Drummond, Smith, and Iggy could be the beginning of the return to the defensive style of basketball play that Detroit has always hung it's hat on.

Drummond is to be off to Texas to learn some interior moves from Olajuwon, and Monroe is working with Arnie Kander on his lower defensive stance; should Monroe put in the work on developing a highly reliable mid-range game and Rick Mahorn puts some defensive ideas in his head, we could be looking at a stunningly improved frontline duo for 2013-14. I really don't see how the addition of Josh Smith could hurt the frontline anymore than I see Iggy hurting the backcourt; these are two NBA proven commodities (that "he ain't been an All-Star" argument is a bunch of crap!) and Joe shouldn't pass on them.

With a great possibility that Knight, Middleton, Singler, and Kravtsov (if the team retains him) filling out a night-to-night rotation and Stuckey and CV being key insurance role players, it may be time to say "good bye" to Jerebko and English. Sentiment doesn't win games and as likeable as they are, they just don't seem to fit. At least Stuckey and Villanueva represent CAP flexibility ($17 million) going into the 2014-15 season when Monroe's contract is up for re-signing. Calderon, Maxiell, Maggette, or Bynum shouldn't be re-signed for any reason! Their day is done.

Does anyone other than me think that Jerry Sloan turned down the Bucks offer for coaching because he may want a shot at returning to the game through Detroit? I mean, look at the possibilities I've just mentioned through the eyes of a proven winning coach who believes in playing from an established system. Sloan is old, true, but next to the candidates who's names have been thrown around, I'd take him in a heartbeat. From untried assistants to mediocre excuse makers on the bench, experience at winning should trump them all.

There are so many questions that I have and things I don't understand, I wish someone would offer me a logical explanation; the emphasis on logical.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  WTF Fri May 17, 2013 9:56 am

He was quick to add he didn’t regret his choice. He got to spend three seasons with his father and he was able to help bring winning back to UDM and he won the Horizon League’s Player of the Year Award this past season.

McCallum has been working out with many prospects in California, and one has been impressed with him.

“Ray is incredible and we help each other a lot. We battle every single day,” Marquette combo guard Vander Blue said. “He has the full package, very athletic, can shoot it, a great competitor. He’s going to be a great asset for a team. He can really help somebody. He has great vision, a great IQ. He probably doesn’t know it, but he’s really helped me a lot.” - Freep

Pistons need to consider this kid as a second rounder if we miss Burke in the lottery.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Pistons job a lure?

Post  Oracle Fri May 17, 2013 7:05 am

"A GM of a playoff team said the Pistons' coaching job could be the best on the market.

He mentioned the fan base, which was known as one of the best in the league when the Pistons were rolling, the cap space and the foundation of Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond."
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Duck: The Sh!t has officially hit the fan!!!

Post  Oracle Fri May 17, 2013 4:38 am

If you thought the NBA labor dispute was stupid and unorganized, you have no idea how right you were or how bad it was!

Jason Whitlock has pulled the scab off of the whole thing, and it's UGLY!

He probably hates Fisher since Fisher threatened to sue him when he reported problems in the negotiations!

But his article exposed how the players association was run corruptly(by Billy Hunter) and how Fisher is a total SLEEZE!

"Derek Fisher is conniving. Don’t take my word for it. Ask a Utah Jazz fan. Years ago, he used his daughter’s health as an excuse to get out of Utah. Just this past season, Fisher hid behind his alleged desire to spend time with his family to get out of playing for the Dallas Mavericks. Thinking he could steal another title, he later signed with the Oklahoma City Thunder.

“Look, my personality is to try to help somebody,” Mark Cuban told reporters when the Mavericks played Fisher and the Thunder. “Particularly somebody I thought one way about, even though it didn’t turn out to be that way. I was just trying to be nice and help. Usually when you help somebody, you expect some semblance of loyalty back. So when you don’t get it, it’s more disappointing.”"
- Lawsuit signals Fisher's game is up
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Don & DX

Post  Oracle Fri May 17, 2013 4:31 am

Don, I didn't know any of those things about MCW, I only know what I saw in the final fours! Actually I'm shocked that he's 22, he looks like he's 18(glad he isn't lying about his age).

I'm willing to overlook youthful indiscretions depending on circumstances, but in general, outside of the very top prospects, this draft is flawed, and even the top guys aren't the "potential" game changers of previous drafts.

DX, I'm not ready to classify players so young yet. IMO, you really need to put the right players together in the logical positions, and let their play dictate where they eventually land.

If you read the article, the idea of MCW & BK7 in the same backcourt was floated by the Pistons to MCW in the interview. It just so happens that I postulated the same thing earlier and commented on how it would work offensively and defensively. They appear to see it in a similar fashion, but they didn't give any details beyond those two playing together.

The one thing that we know is that NOBODY knows WTF Joe will do! Yeah he's made the logical choice in the past 3 drafts, but he's been known to blow the obvious a few times.

It's sad, but I get the feeling that Joe will do anything in his power to NOT draft Burke, so I've adjusted my expectations accordingly. Joe has a severe bias against smaller players in the guard position! Somehow he LOVES playing runts in power positions(Maxiell anybody?)... go figure!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty As zero hour draws near...

Post  deusXango Thu May 16, 2013 11:52 pm

Oracle, I tend to agree with you (I also was a Michael Carter-Williams fan before he started to hit those bumps in the road and Burke gave me something to cheer about in Michigan basketball) and would be all for drafting MC-W at #7 or #8; I however am not for starting him in a backcourt with BK7!! Knight in my mind is still our ace-in-the-hole as 6th man because he's the best combo guard on the team, and combo's value is in their ability to impact the game coming in off the bench, plus he's not savvy enough to be paired in the backcourt with a budding MC-W.

As every reader of this site knows I'm a loud voice for signing Josh Smith as a FA, however, after it was brought to my attention that Joe has enough money to sign both Smith and Andre Igoudala (after trading Stuckey), I'm screaming SMITH & IGGY! Just as Smith will make a positive difference on the frontline with Monroe and Drummond, so will Iggy have a steadying effect on Carter-Williams backcourt play; Knight, Middleton, Singler, and Kravtsov (should Joe retain him) would make quite a rotation for whatever coach, with real coaching ability, that is brought in by whomever. My only question regarding Carter-Williams is does he have leadership abilities; leadership is what places Trey Burke heads and shoulders above all the PG's in this draft. If Joe Dumars job is really at risk and he wants to do something about it, this is as sound a course of action as any.

And for the I.Q. police (you know who you are) I notice that you're some of the same people that championed Stuckey for years; Stuckey is damn-near synonymous with stupidity, so I just don't understand why all of a sudden our forwards need PHD's but, our PG only needed a GED! Get real.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Oracle I am not impressed with Michael Carter Williams and my reasons are as follows

Post  cool breeze Thu May 16, 2013 11:42 pm

First off Williams does have good size and has good court vision in the college game at least. His speed is good and his ball handling is good. However, are you aware that he is almost 22 years old but was only a sophomore before declaring for the draft? I looked on the various information centers and along with my personal memory of watching him play here are his defects. He takes a lot of risks defensively. Under Jim Boeheim, Williams has only played zone defense. Playing the NBA style of man to man help defense will be a learning experience so he will be behind from the get go on defense. He lacks upper body strength. He passed up wide open outside shots during this past season and only shot 29% from the college 3 point line. That means that NBA players will sag off him as he is not yet a threat from the outside. Then there is the character issue if you were not aware of what happened at the start of this past season. He was involved in a shop lifting incident and will have to explain that to the GMs who interview him. From my experience of being a former player, I just cannot understand how players who are given a such an opportunity would use such poor judgment especially when the coaching staff talks to the players and spells out the special rules they have to live by when representing a university.

Oracle I am sorry but I don't like any of the skill position players in this draft with the exception of Burke who might be small but has such a special spirit.

I hope that Joe Dumars does not try to sign either Calderon or Bynum. I just don't feel that either player is a good fit with this Piston team. Bynum is a one man show suited for the carnival. He is a liability on defense. Calderon is older and is a poor defender as well but he is a good offensive team orientated player. However, Calderon will want lots of cash to sign and I am not sure he even wants to return next season. Dumars needs to either draft Burke who is listed as Detroit's pick on NBA DRAFTNET or make some trades to improve the back court. If Stuckey cannot be traded, then start Knight at point and bring in Stuckey off the bench. Stuckey is a better point guard than Bynum in my opinion. Better yet would be a trade involving Stuckey for a guy like Collison. No team can win with poor defensive players as Joe Dumars must know by now just looking at the playoff teams. All future moves need to involve obtaining stronger defensive minded players in my opinion. None of the players who play small forward, shooting guard or point guard stand out as defenders who are listed as players going in the first round. How about trading the number one pick if Dumars will not draft Burke?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty The Draft is becoming clearer!

Post  Oracle Thu May 16, 2013 8:52 pm

It's beginning to appear that we're looking for a point guard, and I think I know which one it's going to be! Why a PG? Well, we could be short on guards in a hurry if Calderon walks and Bynum gets an offer he can't refuse!

There are 3 guards on the Pistons radar, and IMO, at a minimum, two of them are can't miss!

Trey Burke, who the Pistons will not interview, and rightfully so, is a pick you would think they would take if he was available.

However, IMO, I think Joe is happy that he won't have to take Burke, who, by the way, measured out as 6'1 at the combine(sock stuffing?)! Joe likes him, but he LOVES big PG's.

They have an interview scheduled with C.J. McCollum, who looks good for a 6'3 guard, but why pick him when you already have a 6'3 guard in Brandon Knight?

No, Joe has his eye on the 2nd best PG in the draft... Carter-Williams! Just from the interview alone you can tell that they like this kid, and he would fit in here perfectly with Knight!

In one shot Joe gets a real PG that has great size to see over the defense to pair with Knight as a shooting guard with adequate passing skills! It's a solid win!

As many of you know, Carter-Williams was my choice before Burke blew up, so I'll be more than pleased if this comes to pass(assuming Burke isn't there).

Read more here - On Point
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Perkins

Post  Oracle Thu May 16, 2013 8:36 pm

Well, the Percolator was completely exposed by ZBo & Gasol, and was a big reason they got swept like the Clippers! They basically pulled his pants down on national TV, and while he isn't a Collins, his johnson showed some serious shrinkage after that beating!

It still holds true that once a defensive team figures you out, it's all but over!

So that puts the Thunder in a bad position! They need a big man that can do more than make faces in the post! The thought in Thunder circles is that they may amnesty Perkins!

So after that performance, should he be on our radar as a backup big?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Fisher had back room deal with owners?

Post  Oracle Thu May 16, 2013 7:24 pm

''Unbeknownst to Hunter, however, Fisher was secretly negotiating with the Certain Owners - on his own and without any authority - to settle the negotiations on terms less favorable to the players,'' the suit says. - Billy Hunter files suit vs. Derek Fisher

Yikes!!!
FORUM - Page 34 QbRqqf1_2dca
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Draft information and Hansbrough hate

Post  cool breeze Thu May 16, 2013 4:56 pm

Muhammad = I just found out that this player suffers from Tourett's Syndrome which could factor into questions about his reliability at the next level. He suffered from lingering depression, ADD, and OCD. There were, also, some character allegations relating to family statements about his actual age. There were issues last season at UCLA but he still played better than most of the PAC12 players. But a guy with his problems might cause problems with team chemistry as he has had issues getting along with teammates in high school and college.

Porter = Vincent Goodwill stated that the Pistons scouted Porter a lot this past season. He is no Prince who I thought was a great college player. Experts have stated in the various draft boards that Porter lacks explosion and power. He has not been able to gain weight over the past two seasons. His shot mechanics are awkward. His weaknesses on defense involve his lack of lateral quickness which will hurt his ability to defend small forwards and shooting guards in the NBA.

Oladipo = This is the other player that Detroit scouts spent a lot of time looking at over the past season. I wonder why. After watching this player perform one time, I had him down. He plays with a lot of energy and is a decent on the ball defender. His passing skills are horrible. His shot technique is horrible. And most of the boards had his worst weakness as having a low basketball IQ.

Hansbrough = I have read all the negative comments about this vet player. However, I didn't see where any of the posters mentioned that Hansbough kicked ass when playing against our Piston big men. My thought about adding him to the team is that he is 100% more effective than Maxiell. He passes the ball well. He hurts people when he is coming off the bench because he is very physical. I vision him as the guy who comes in for short minutes so Monroe and Drummond can get some rest. I don't think he would hurt the team because he plays really hard and is a high character guy. I wouldn't want Piston management to pay a lot of money for him but if the price is right, why in hell not grab him? Monroe is about the worst big man defender in the league. Adding a Hansbrough type of player would add balance to the club. He fills the lane and is not a horrible pick and roll defender like Monroe. Monroe might learn some things from him because he is aggressive. He will pick up a lot of fouls which is OK because he will punish players in the paint. That sure didn't happen much this past season or the season before.

This draft is extremely weak. Dumars needs to made some great trades or free agent signings. I am not opposed to using the first round draft pick to get a good vet unless it is Burke. And I don't think the Pistons would select Burke if he is available. They are looking at shooting guards and small forwards. I don't like any of the players in the draft at those positions this year. Middleton might be better than any of them. Will Dumars draft another Daye???????

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Just in case anyone's interested

Post  deusXango Thu May 16, 2013 4:14 pm

Today during the NBA Combine workouts I noticed that Dario Saric has moved up into the top 10 on the draft prospects listing; I don't know why or how but, there he was. I guess it's harder to ignore a 6' 10" forward with definite PG skills (handle, court vision, and passing abilities) than it is to ignore where he's coming from (Croatia).
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Where Were You Mike Ilich When We Needed You???

Post  Murph Thu May 16, 2013 10:20 am

deusXango wrote:
Murph wrote:

I don't like the way this off season is progressing.

It's looks as if we're targeting Phil Jackson's favorite assistant coach, and Brian Shaw's favorite free agent scrub. facepalm

I seriously can't believe I'm going to be forced to root for Tyler Hansbrough for the next 5 years of my life. Shocked

The foot dragging with inserting Drummond into the starting lineup (which coincided with Monroe's debut as a PF), the hand sitting as the trade deadline passed, viewing Prince as the Pistons main problem but, Maxiell and Stuckey continued to receive major PT, and the list goes on to the point that I'm numb to ass-backwards decision making by this franchise (it's never Joe Dumars, it's always the Pistons did this or that!)

Murph, I'm living in constant fear that this draft is going to be the worst one in recent memory, and every nickel of the CAP money will be misspent. I'm not a kid anymore and can't afford the wait, that some apparently can, that'll be necessary to get this team back on it's feet once total destruction takes place.

Tyler Hansbrough has that look in his eye like he's just got done talking with Joe all the time.

DX...you make a good point that Joe has gotten a lifetime worth of free passes around here. But this one is shaping up to be all Tom Gores, and his people.

Gores has retained Phil Jackson as a consultant. Jackson loves Brian Shaw. Brian Shaw is an assistant coach for the Pacers. And Psycho-T is one of the Pacers most popular scrubs. All you have to do is connect the dots.

Man...I wish Mike Ilich had bought the team.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Tyler Hansbrough???

Post  deusXango Thu May 16, 2013 10:07 am

Murph wrote:

It's looks as if we're targeting Phil Jackson's favorite assistant coach, and Brian Shaw's favorite free agent scrub. facepalm

I seriously can't believe I'm going to be forced to root for Tyler Hansbrough for the next 5 years of my life. Shocked

The foot dragging with inserting Drummond into the starting lineup (which coincided with Monroe's debut as a PF), the hand sitting as the trade deadline passed, viewing Prince as the Pistons main problem but, Maxiell and Stuckey continued to receive major PT, and the list goes on to the point that I'm numb to ass-backwards decision making by this franchise (it's never Joe Dumars, it's always the Pistons did this or that!)

Murph, I'm living in constant fear that this draft is going to be the worst one in recent memory, and every nickel of the CAP money will be misspent. I'm not a kid anymore and can't afford the wait, that some apparently can, that'll be necessary to get this team back on it's feet once total destruction takes place.

Tyler Hansbrough has that look in his eye like he's just got done talking with Joe all the time.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty And While We're At It...

Post  Murph Thu May 16, 2013 9:22 am

Hey...maybe if we sign Tyler, we can get a package deal on his little bro, Ben, also.

I mean you can never have enough slow, under-sized, 25 year old rookie, scrub, PGs. banana

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Thu May 16, 2013 9:03 am

Seriously, if Tyler Hansbrough is so great, then how come the Pacers don't want him back? The Pacers are way under their cap, and could bring back Hansbrough for a paltry $4.2 million qualifying offer, if they wanted to. The fact that the Pacers don't want to re-sign Hansbrough speaks volumes.

Mr. Gores, please don't pay top dollar for another team's scrub, the way Joe did with Charlie V.

This is a set-up. I'm sure Brian Shaw loves Hansbrough, and would like to see him set for life with a brand new 5 year contract at the expense fo the Pistons.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Thu May 16, 2013 7:32 am

So Tyler Hansbrough is who we're targeting in free agency? Not Josh Smith. Not Andre Iguodola. But Tyler Hansbrough???

Man...talk about an anti-climax. Tyler Hansbrough is just another undersized PF. I mean if we're going to target another undersized PF, why not just bring back JMax?

What do you think it is about Hansbrough that attracts Pistons management? His 4.7 career rpg, or his 43% career field goal percentage, or his disasterous +/- numbers?

Let me guess...Tyler Hansbrough is a favorite of Pacer's assistant coach, Brian Shaw.

Last edited by Murph on Thu May 16, 2013 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Speaking of 2004...

Post  Oracle Thu May 16, 2013 6:18 am

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty 2004 Pistons in the HOUSE!!!

Post  Oracle Thu May 16, 2013 6:01 am

RIP had a BIG game for the Bulls in a losing cause, but he played GREAT!

The big news is that Tayshaun Prince(on his way to another ring, IMO), damn near posterized the whole Thunder team with a vicious dunk! If you missed the game, here it is!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Who's running this poll???

Post  Oracle Wed May 15, 2013 11:49 pm

Or better yet, is it rigged?

McMillian is running 3rd to "Someone else" in 1st, and Brian Shaw is 2nd?

I know for a fact that most Piston Fans don't have a clue about Brian Shaw or what he's ever done! Hell, most would struggle to remember him as a player!

Poll question: Whom should Pistons hire as head coach?

Oh, BTW... GO Grizzlies!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Bulls

Post  Oracle Wed May 15, 2013 10:45 pm

The Bulls can raise their heads high, they played like warriors in the playoffs and represented the Central Division with honor!

Don is right, and if they(Miami) meet the Grizzlies, as I expect they will, we're going to see more of this BS stuff going on, it won't be a fairly called series(but I hope so)!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty What is the web site to lodge complaints regarding officiating in the NBA?

Post  cool breeze Wed May 15, 2013 10:18 pm

At the 7:50 mark in the 3rd quarter Wade is under the basket with both arms around Noah while pushing him out of bounds when a Miami shot went up. The ref was standing close by pretending to not see what Wade did. I urge everyone of you to write a e-mail to the NBA and tell them that you saw one of about 20 fouls Wade made in this game. Nothing has changed since the playoffs last season. Wade and Labron can do anything they want. Good for Steve Kerr to point out some of the stuff those two players get away with. In the first half, Labron put his shoulder down while driving to the rim pushing Butler down. One official called a offensive foul against Labron but that was changed by the outside ref far away from the play calling the foul against Butler and sending James to the line. How corrupt can the NBA get? We need a polygraph test performed each and every playoff game for these refs who are no better than criminals holding up a bank.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty You don't want to see these guys at gametime!!!

Post  Oracle Wed May 15, 2013 7:26 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed May 15, 2013 5:40 pm

Oracle wrote:
cool breeze wrote:
Murph wrote:If McMillan is the front runner for the Pistons head coaching job, then make him an offer, damn it. What are they waiting for, another team to hire him?

Nice article on Bill Laimbeer working hard to turn the NY Liberty into a winner, again. clap

Piston fans have lost their ability to chill out for the summer. We want action from this management team that has bungled so many things in the past. You are not alone Murph. My friends call me all the time pissed off because no coaching decision has been made. It seems that McMillan is a good choice but maybe he wants no part of the Pistons. Still I am more worried about which players the Pistons will select for those 3 draft picks. And I am worried that Maxiell, Charlie V, Bynum, and Stuckey will be back again for another go around. If the Pistons play a slow down half court style by keeping Monroe and Drummond together, then we need bigger and stronger athletes who can play DEFENSE. You would think that with the extremely low attendance over the past few seasons, the owner would want to get on top of things quickly and bring more attention to where the team is going. Action brings newspaper articles and if the news seems exciting, more fans might jump on the bandwagon and buy season tickets.

As I read the articles, that's why they may not draft Zeller.

They do want more inside banging beef, and some have questioned if Zeller can take the NBA level bruising! That's why Tyler Hansbrough has been on their radar!

IMO, we'll always be able to run, but it's going to be like Memphis... targeted running, but they'll take care of their business in the half court.

As you wisely pointed out, that only works if you can play tough defense for 24 seconds, because if you can't you're going to be easily outscored!

We need to take what the Grizzlies say, "If you can't play defense, you can't play for this team!"

Speaking of Defense - Why the Detroit Pistons Need to Sign Tony Allen

Oracle is Brian Shaw a strong defensive coach? They said that was Frank's strength but nobody can change the extreme flaws of some of the current Piston players when it comes to defense. I like the idea of using Memphis as the model for the new Detroit team. Hansbrough and Allen would improve the team for sure and they would help the young players especially Allen. And Hansbrough could end up playing more minutes than both Drummond and Monroe. With Drummond playing a lot of minutes next season, it is likely he will be in foul trouble most every game. And if Monroe doesn't pick up his defense with the new coaching staff, it might be Hansbrough getting the minutes in crunch time over Monroe. But is it a sure thing that both of those players will not end up on their current teams next season? Memphis has a good chance to make the finals. Indiana might play Miami well and make that a tight series. If one or both teams fail to make the finals, then the Pistons might have a chance. Still Detroit needs to rid themselves of Charlie V - Stuckey and not sign any of the players who have played for the Pistons who are now free agents. What promises has Joe made to some of the Piston free agents? I hope zero is the answer.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Don't Whine For Joe

Post  WTF Wed May 15, 2013 2:50 pm

Who cares where Joe fits going forward, we all know what he can't fit and that a size 28 in the waist, or anything medium.

I've said it before and I'll say it again that whatever is happening to Joe is well deserved and he's only getting what he put all since running the team. He screwed players and coaches without prejudice, he was cold blooded.

I don't care who replaces him, or how limited he might be at the moment. Change is needed and so if the next coach has a inkling of talent more as frank did it's an improvement. If Phil ends up with Joe's job great.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next