Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
Murph
Phil-Good
merc
Oracle
Go Stones!
deusXango
cool breeze
WTF
12 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty cool breze ... I'm with you

Post  Sebastian Wed May 15, 2013 11:33 am

cool breeze wrote:Anyone want to bet that the Pistons new coach is Brian Shaw? We all know who Joe wants and wanted before Frank was hired. Mr. Gores and his owner buddies have pushed Joe to the side of the road it seems. It would be great to have a new head coach with right now. My preference is Isiah Thomas or Bill Laimbeer but who cares what the fans want for this team. Mr. Gores and his owner buddies live in LA and work in LA. They are LA people and must get advise from their friends on a daily basis. No wonder Phil agreed to use his crystal ball on a brief visit to Detroit. This kind of reminds me of how somehow Jimmy Carter flew to N Korea for a 5 minute meeting with the leader of N Korea and announced that he had affected the crisis at the time. EX President Carter then got the Nobel Peace Prize for that piece of work. What prize will Phil get once Shaw is hired as the Piston's coach? Shaw might be a great coach. He works well with young players. But just where does Joe Dumars fit in with the Detroit Pistons going forward?

I say hire Isiah. Then let's zero in on the draft. I really don't want Brain Shaw anywhere, near OUR Pistons. And, Phil needs to take his azz back to LA or Montana!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Based on the rumor that Detroit has interviewed the coach that Dumars wants but hasn't hired him yet must mean that Joe isn't running things

Post  cool breeze Wed May 15, 2013 10:25 am

Anyone want to bet that the Pistons new coach is Brian Shaw? We all know who Joe wants and wanted before Frank was hired. Mr. Gores and his owner buddies have pushed Joe to the side of the road it seems. It would be great to have a new head coach with right now. My preference is Isiah Thomas or Bill Laimbeer but who cares what the fans want for this team. Mr. Gores and his owner buddies live in LA and work in LA. They are LA people and must get advise from their friends on a daily basis. No wonder Phil agreed to use his crystal ball on a brief visit to Detroit. This kind of reminds me of how somehow Jimmy Carter flew to N Korea for a 5 minute meeting with the leader of N Korea and announced that he had affected the crisis at the time. EX President Carter then got the Nobel Peace Prize for that piece of work. What prize will Phil get once Shaw is hired as the Piston's coach? Shaw might be a great coach. He works well with young players. But just where does Joe Dumars fit in with the Detroit Pistons going forward?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty NBA All Rookie Teams...HUH?

Post  Murph Wed May 15, 2013 8:30 am

So the NBA All Rookie first team has 1 PG, 2 SGs, 1 SF and 1 PF.

The NBA All Rookie second team has 2 SFs, and 3 centers.

WTF???

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty This explains a lot!!!

Post  Oracle Wed May 15, 2013 1:19 am

Father says ex-Lion Titus Young has brain disorder, needs help

In fact, it's the only thing that makes sense!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Two articles from Business Insider

Post  WTF Tue May 14, 2013 11:18 pm

Looks like Wade is coming out as the second actively gay NBA player. All I can say is that this young generation is F@%K UP on so many levels. Hopes he never goes to jail and someone remember those dumbass slack.

This next trend or new fade stuff sucks, the will be another team built in the same manner of the 2004 Pistons or the Dallas Mavericks. For all the hype they feed into these Super Star teams they couldn't compete with the likes of a younger Spurs team or the 2004 Pistons. Do you really think Miami could have beaten a team like the 2004 2005 Pistons or Spurs team? Not
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty McMillan and Dumars

Post  Oracle Tue May 14, 2013 11:13 pm

Sparma wrote:I'm guessing that if McMillan is indeed the frontrunner, Detroit's moving slow because he's indicating he wants to move slowly. It may even be that they're not making a formal offer because he's made clear he's not ready to commit and they don't want to be shot down well they still have a chance. In short, I'm envisioning it as being analogous to a courtship. Could be all wrong and Detroit's just being indecisive or wanting to be thorough with Jackson on board.

With Jackson consulting on matters on "immediate concern" (?) beyond coaching, I wonder if the management of finances has come up. As one of Joe's last supporters (in spite of frustration that's built up), I think his biggest weakness has been handing out a series of bad contracts. Is there already a financial wizard in place to negotiate contracts (is that what Lewand does with the Lions)? Think I heard of a cap consultant but that sounded like someone with limited authority. In other sports (baseball, football) it seems like duties are often divided up, even though you can't fully separate talent evaluation from how much you're willing to pay someone.

You're spot on with your thoughts!

McMillian has many options, and he'll need to consider all of them! Sure we are one of the nicer options, but not the only one, and they're going to have to do the dance, and if the chair is there when he makes up his mind, so be it! If not, it's probably Brian Shaw(who I have no excitement for).

Joe did hire a cap consultant, and he has wide ranging authority to look at stuff, and no authority to do anything, which isn't a bad thing.

You need to have the solid reliable information there to make a decision, and that's his job. Joe's job will be to listen and if he goes against the advice, well...

BTW, can the Knicks be any more sad? They're so tied to the 3pt shot it's ridiculous! No game beyond that and no ability to perform in the half court!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty McMillan and Dumars

Post  Sparma Tue May 14, 2013 10:36 pm

I'm guessing that if McMillan is indeed the frontrunner, Detroit's moving slow because he's indicating he wants to move slowly. It may even be that they're not making a formal offer because he's made clear he's not ready to commit and they don't want to be shot down well they still have a chance. In short, I'm envisioning it as being analogous to a courtship. Could be all wrong and Detroit's just being indecisive or wanting to be thorough with Jackson on board.

With Jackson consulting on matters on "immediate concern" (?) beyond coaching, I wonder if the management of finances has come up. As one of Joe's last supporters (in spite of frustration that's built up), I think his biggest weakness has been handing out a series of bad contracts. Is there already a financial wizard in place to negotiate contracts (is that what Lewand does with the Lions)? Think I heard of a cap consultant but that sounded like someone with limited authority. In other sports (baseball, football) it seems like duties are often divided up, even though you can't fully separate talent evaluation from how much you're willing to pay someone.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Don

Post  Oracle Tue May 14, 2013 7:23 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Murph wrote:If McMillan is the front runner for the Pistons head coaching job, then make him an offer, damn it. What are they waiting for, another team to hire him?

Nice article on Bill Laimbeer working hard to turn the NY Liberty into a winner, again. clap

Piston fans have lost their ability to chill out for the summer. We want action from this management team that has bungled so many things in the past. You are not alone Murph. My friends call me all the time pissed off because no coaching decision has been made. It seems that McMillan is a good choice but maybe he wants no part of the Pistons. Still I am more worried about which players the Pistons will select for those 3 draft picks. And I am worried that Maxiell, Charlie V, Bynum, and Stuckey will be back again for another go around. If the Pistons play a slow down half court style by keeping Monroe and Drummond together, then we need bigger and stronger athletes who can play DEFENSE. You would think that with the extremely low attendance over the past few seasons, the owner would want to get on top of things quickly and bring more attention to where the team is going. Action brings newspaper articles and if the news seems exciting, more fans might jump on the bandwagon and buy season tickets.

As I read the articles, that's why they may not draft Zeller.

They do want more inside banging beef, and some have questioned if Zeller can take the NBA level bruising! That's why Tyler Hansbrough has been on their radar!

IMO, we'll always be able to run, but it's going to be like Memphis... targeted running, but they'll take care of their business in the half court.

As you wisely pointed out, that only works if you can play tough defense for 24 seconds, because if you can't you're going to be easily outscored!

We need to take what the Grizzlies say, "If you can't play defense, you can't play for this team!"

Speaking of Defense - Why the Detroit Pistons Need to Sign Tony Allen
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Tue May 14, 2013 6:22 pm

Murph wrote:If McMillan is the front runner for the Pistons head coaching job, then make him an offer, damn it. What are they waiting for, another team to hire him?

Nice article on Bill Laimbeer working hard to turn the NY Liberty into a winner, again. clap

Piston fans have lost their ability to chill out for the summer. We want action from this management team that has bungled so many things in the past. You are not alone Murph. My friends call me all the time pissed off because no coaching decision has been made. It seems that McMillan is a good choice but maybe he wants no part of the Pistons. Still I am more worried about which players the Pistons will select for those 3 draft picks. And I am worried that Maxiell, Charlie V, Bynum, and Stuckey will be back again for another go around. If the Pistons play a slow down half court style by keeping Monroe and Drummond together, then we need bigger and stronger athletes who can play DEFENSE. You would think that with the extremely low attendance over the past few seasons, the owner would want to get on top of things quickly and bring more attention to where the team is going. Action brings newspaper articles and if the news seems exciting, more fans might jump on the bandwagon and buy season tickets.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Grizz

Post  Oracle Tue May 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Murph wrote:We have a Grizz sighting. Mon at 6:58 PM Grizz posted the following on Pistons Powered:

"It does matter whom the Pistons interview because it demonstrates how smart or stupid the GM is.
Seriously .. this is why Phil Jackson was brought in, wasnt it? To nix pointless interviews like this? … The only thing that matters is inteviewing GOOD CANDIDATES."

http://www.pistonpowered.com/2013/05/pistons-to-interview-darrell-walker/#comments

Don't be a stranger, Grizz.

Yeah it has to be Grizz, LOL! Sparking controversy and repeating the phrase a bunch of times. Grizz it's time to come home!!!

BTW, I also saw a "Frankie D" sighting in that same post!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty McMillan & Stuff

Post  Oracle Tue May 14, 2013 5:02 pm

Look at this - McMillan is or is not still the frontrunner for Pistons job. Depends on whom you ask.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue May 14, 2013 4:25 pm

Singler & Drummond 2nd all rookie team (looks like they don't have a center on 1st team)

JJ playing for Swedish national team this summer

@Murph, I agree... these coaches are like free agents... can't expect them to hang around or they could be unemployed... it sends a message like you're not our 1st choice we'll see if our guy is available.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty McMillan & Stuff

Post  Murph Tue May 14, 2013 1:25 pm

If McMillan is the front runner for the Pistons head coaching job, then make him an offer, damn it. What are they waiting for, another team to hire him?

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Grizz

Post  Murph Tue May 14, 2013 8:04 am

We have a Grizz sighting. Mon at 6:58 PM Grizz posted the following on Pistons Powered:

"It does matter whom the Pistons interview because it demonstrates how smart or stupid the GM is.
Seriously .. this is why Phil Jackson was brought in, wasnt it? To nix pointless interviews like this? … The only thing that matters is inteviewing GOOD CANDIDATES."

http://www.pistonpowered.com/2013/05/pistons-to-interview-darrell-walker/#comments

Don't be a stranger, Grizz.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon May 13, 2013 7:47 pm

Oracle wrote:Seb, I didn't do it, I found it on a Grizzlies site!

But I love the Grizzlies for the reasons you stated(and they have Prince)! It's how we need to pattern this team!

Two monster bigs down low, some shooters and everybody playing intense defense for 4 quarters!

Hollins has a very disciplined team that has faith in the system and the players trust each other, and as I said earlier, I believe they are the best team in the playoffs and should win it all! Prince becomes the first(and only) of the 2004 starters to win a 2nd championship!

Well said! I sure am pulling for Prince to have better success with his scoring. But even when the shots are not falling, Prince keeps his concentration and is always at the correct spots on the floor. Memphis has two good big men who work well together. This is the team that could defeat the Heat if the games are called without corruption.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Seb: Nice work, Oracle ...

Post  Oracle Mon May 13, 2013 4:04 pm

Seb, I didn't do it, I found it on a Grizzlies site!

But I love the Grizzlies for the reasons you stated(and they have Prince)! It's how we need to pattern this team!

Two monster bigs down low, some shooters and everybody playing intense defense for 4 quarters!

Hollins has a very disciplined team that has faith in the system and the players trust each other, and as I said earlier, I believe they are the best team in the playoffs and should win it all! Prince becomes the first(and only) of the 2004 starters to win a 2nd championship!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Nice work, Oracle ...

Post  Sebastian Mon May 13, 2013 10:30 am

Oracle wrote:FORUM - Page 35 Marc-Gasol-4

FORUM - Page 35 Marc-Gasol-2

I feel like every time the Grizzlies win, it is a win for OUR Pistons because the future coach and the organization gets a chance to see how two dominant low post players can succeed when playing together.

Memphis' success is an endorsement of how WE should play going forward with Moose and Dre.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Don, this article is for you...

Post  WTF Mon May 13, 2013 7:41 am

Oracle wrote:You've ranted about Monroe on the defensive end, well, the numbers are in from a study on NBA defense and Monroe... well, read it for yourself!

How to Fix Detroit Pistons' Interior Defense Next Season

This is exactly why Joe should be targeting Josh Smith or considering trading Monroe. He won't get much better really!! facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Sour Pee Boy Shat Up!

Post  WTF Mon May 13, 2013 7:31 am

Phil1980boy wrote:You go right ahead and blow your load on A low basketball IQ player like Josh Smith, SOUR CYNIC! Game on the line. You down by 1 point and the best shot Josh Smith could get is A fade-away, long, two point shot? MAN YOU CRAZY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jzDsCRj_os

PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down

Still not valid when most players find themselves in the same situation, taken a bad shot in crunch time. We have players like that now on the roster like Knight, Will, and Rodney. We have a player like Monroe who scare of even have the ball in his hand at crunch time and the best crunch time play we do have everyone hates (Charlie).

Missing shots at crunch has nothing to do with basketball IQ unless you're applying it to the coach that allows it to happen if Smith isn't the best option to be taking shots. But at least Smith has the balls to attempt a shot........
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty RE:Josh Smith low basketball IQ

Post  Phil-Good Mon May 13, 2013 3:25 am

You go right ahead and blow your load on A low basketball IQ player like Josh Smith, SOUR CYNIC! Game on the line. You down by 1 point and the best shot Josh Smith could get is A fade-away, long, two point shot? MAN YOU CRAZY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jzDsCRj_os

PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty The most interesting bball player in the world?

Post  Oracle Sun May 12, 2013 11:50 pm

FORUM - Page 35 Marc-Gasol-4

FORUM - Page 35 Marc-Gasol-2
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sun May 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Oracle wrote:You've ranted about Monroe on the defensive end, well, the numbers are in from a study on NBA defense and Monroe... well, read it for yourself!

Thanks for finding this article. I have this sick feeling that Piston management is going to made a huge mistake in this draft with their first pick. Vincent Goodwill seems to have the confidence of Joe Dumars and his article today in the Detroit News must reflect Dumars thinking going into this draft. It appears a stupid mistake will be made in using the first pick to draft either Porter, McLemore or Oladipo. None of the three players will help this team. I believe that Middleton is a more capable player right now based on the college seasons those 3 players had this past year. Porter cannot play a lick of defense so how in hell does the coach play him? McLemore is not a outstanding college defender either. I watched him play a lot this past season and do not believe he is anywhere as good as Muhammad. Oladipo should not even be selected in the first round based on his horrible offensive ability. None of those three players are ready to contribute as well as the players we already have on this team. Why should the Pistons not take the best athlete or best basketball player regardless of position? Who on this Piston team is rock solid? Zeller has a huge upside. Burke has a huge upside. I would take Solomon Hill before drafting McLemore,Oladipo or Porter. I hope some other GMs draft those guys before Joe makes a huge mistake. Again, it appears that Piston management does not do the necessary homework one needs to improve a team. The entire article by Goodwill is so stupid it shows me that Piston management is not very bright. In the NBA you win with good players. In high school a great coach or good coach can make a big difference for a team. College impact for coaches centers around recruiting mostly but also requires good coaching as well. But players determine who wins in the NBA. No coach in the world could have made the Detroit Piston team good enough to make the playoffs. NO WAY! No coach could win with the players Joe Dumars selected since he broke up a winning combination. It was Joe who had the breakdown deciding that defense was not important and filled the team with players who could care less about defense and were not very good on offense either. Middleton has shown me that he has offensive skills, is very athletic and made some good defensive plays. He is better than those 3 very average players. If Burke or Zeller is available for Detroit's first pick and they take one of those clowns, I might throw something at my TV. To become a better team, the Pistons must take the best player available regardless of position that if either Burke or Zeller are available one of those guys need to be selected. Then they need to attempt to obtain a good established vet player who can score and defend and play the 2 guard or 3 position. How many times has Dumars signed big men like the players Goodwill mentioned to back up Monroe and Drummond in the paint? Then again that might be better than signing Maxiell again and Joe might just do that so he can watch that M & M combination he has grown to love for another 3 years. How can Dumars explain why he didn't try to correct defense in the paint earlier on after the year Rasheed and McDyess left the Pistons? He damn well thought that Maxiell was the answer just as he believed in Stuckey. And all the time that was wasted was due to the fact that Joe Dumars couldn't have been watching the games and not have understood what was going on. If Goodwill is speaking for Dumars, I have no confidence that Joe Dumars has any clue as to how to improve this team. If Goodwill is creating this nonsense all by himself, then I am sorry for heaping more misery on you Joe.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Man, we got rid of this chump in time...

Post  Oracle Sun May 12, 2013 9:00 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Don, this article is for you...

Post  Oracle Sun May 12, 2013 6:32 pm

You've ranted about Monroe on the defensive end, well, the numbers are in from a study on NBA defense and Monroe... well, read it for yourself!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next