Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+7
Go Stones!
Oracle
cool breeze
lemonpen
WTF
merc
Phil-Good
11 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM Empty Random Thoughts

Post  WTF Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:42 pm

OKC I'm just a little confused with I think the Carmelo Anthony and Paul George pick up were nice moves but OKC seem to still be missing something.  They didn't give up much to get Melo but they could be losing Westbrook, George and Anthony potentially next season.  

Tanking There are a few teams that are clearly in Tank Mode there are expendable players on many of these teams that could help up win now that we could likely have for nothing.   Makes me wonder if we could swap Joakim Noah for Reggie, or something similar.  Noak could be the push that Andre needs and if nothing else Noah not a bad make up.

My Trade Prediction Remains the same and I'll say Reggie is gone before the season starts but for what exactly would knows.  A center or another PF seems to make the most sense.   SVG is an idiot so he'll like trade Reggie for two 5'9 DL PG a future 2nd round pick and tell us how it'll help the team long term 4 seasons from now.    

Tradition One minute it's everything and the next minute its nothing.  Yeah Championship Teams going to the WH was part of package of winning, but so was the MVP going to Disney.   You can't keep things tradition if you don't act traditional and I'll just leave it at that!!!!

Lions If they can squeeze out 3 straight wins and start the season 5-0 I can see them finishing with 11 wins by seasons end.  Most of their division games are on the back end of the season should make for an interesting finish for first place.  I think they beat both the Bears and Vikings twice and split with Green Bay.

Go Blue Yeah always a Wolverine rockon

-------

https://detroitsportstalk.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=172
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Drummond's new video...

Post  Oracle Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:48 pm

He ends it with... I can't wait to prove the critics wrong!

https://www.facebook.com/detroitpistons/videos/10155546381270295/ wrote:Detroit Pistons
September 8 at 2:09pm · 

"I can't wait to prove the critics wrong" - Andre Drummond

#ICantWait

#DetroitBasketball

Learn how you can join us for the inaugural season at Little Caesars Arena crafted by Flagstar Bank

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Sick **** I Say

Post  WTF Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:22 pm

Oracle wrote:This is a real sticky situation that has sanitary workers Cumming to the rescue  lol

Some say it was ectoplasm... white sticky ectoplasm  lol Watch out the next time you need to wash off at the airport!
FORUM Tenor

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/man-leaves-body-fluid-in-metro-airport-soap-dispensers wrote:ROMULUS, Mich. (WJBK) - An investigation is underway at Detroit Metropolitan Airport and it has nothing to do with the planes in the air - but soap in the bathrooms.

Airport officials say they are investigating an "unusual substance" found in soap dispensers in the North Terminal restrooms last week. Those who work at the airport say it is believed that substance is bodily fluid from a man.

This is just nasty and evil
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Drummond, Reggie, SVG? You're missing the REAL story: Man's bodily fluid in Detroit airport soap dispensers

Post  Oracle Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:14 pm

This is a real sticky situation that has sanitary workers Cumming to the rescue  lol

Some say it was ectoplasm... white sticky ectoplasm  lol Watch out the next time you need to wash off at the airport!
FORUM Tenor

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/man-leaves-body-fluid-in-metro-airport-soap-dispensers wrote:ROMULUS, Mich. (WJBK) - An investigation is underway at Detroit Metropolitan Airport and it has nothing to do with the planes in the air - but soap in the bathrooms.

Airport officials say they are investigating an "unusual substance" found in soap dispensers in the North Terminal restrooms last week. Those who work at the airport say it is believed that substance is bodily fluid from a man.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:10 pm

deusXango wrote:"Two years ago, he was a star forward at Arizona shooting 45 and 37 percent respectively.

If Detroit can (and they like will) increase his exposure of 17.8 minutes per game, Johnson can get back to what he was doing best; scoring on efficient percentages."
-The Vertical

With numbers like that, why and who decided to fu@k with his shot? Left alone, I'd be disappointed if he didn't average 15 points as a starter on this current team, but form is everything.

Doubtful your dream will come true with SVG coaching and the type of point guards SVG seems to like. Why do so many of us have doubts that even with the addition of a smart two way player in Bradley this team will continue to look like a bunch of amateurs? The answer is that we cannot forget what this head coach allowed to happen last season. SVG was using a military term. AWOL. Stan Van Gundy might always be known as a coach who allowed nonsense to take place and refuse to even recognize it ever happened. I am speaking about the way the point guards played basketball. If point guards played the way our point guards played last season ( over penetrating, failing to often even make one pass before they shot the ball, playing only one side of the floor, slowly dribbling the basketball up the floor after opposing made baskets when the offensive style is supposed to be up tempo, and playing perhaps the worst man to man defense of any group of point guards on any other NBA team all season long) at a high caliber college program, they would not make the rotation. How could they? Both Jackson and Smith were ball dominate point guards who had no business playing that type of role for their team. But Smith only played that way because the head coach and the assistant coach who is in charge of the point guards wanted it that way. How could the coaches watch this happen and do nothing? No 2 guard or small forward can be successful on offense if the coaching do not enforce some type of discipline with their point guards.

If this same SVG offense is used again and the point guards play the same style somehow Stanley Johnson and Avery Bradley need to be successful players anyway. They can be successful if they lead the way on the defensive end and get all of the other players to buy in as well. And both Bradley and Johnson are smart players. Johnson and Bradley need to get into the passing lanes, stop dribble penetration, work extremely hard getting their share of defensive rebounds. This team might win despite the lack of player and ball movement on offense if their defense can be at the elite level. Perhaps those players who do buy in to giving extreme effort and attention to detail on defense, they will force the coach to bench point guards who fail to hold their own on the defensive end. If that happens, then we will see Bradley, Galloway and possibly Kennard playing point guard. Eliminating minutes from Reggie and limiting minutes from Ish Smith and giving them to players who do give extreme effort and have more size will eliminate at least one big hole on the defensive end. The other hole of course is the center position.

I am inclined to agree with BallinD that you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Everyone who cares about the Pistons wants AD to change who he is as a defender. But I have never seen that happen in on the high school level. Big men are the most difficult to coach or predict how they will play from game to game. To think that AD can change over night because he has lost some weight and had nose surgery and suddenly become a feared defensive ace is asking too much. It isn't logical. AD has never ever been a coachable player at any level. He has never been a guy like D Jordan, Ben Wallace, Bill Russell etc. Those players were born outstanding defender types. They learned as kids all the techniques of positioning and the mental part of playing tough defense. AD is a horrible defender. There is no other way to say it regardless of what the spin doctors keep printing. AD has slow recognition skills on defense which puts him behind the eight ball most of the time. It will take a genus coach to simplify the defensive rotation system and have outstanding defenders on the floor with AD to hide him. Last season SVG was so stupid he placed Leuer at power forward next to AD. At no time as Leuer been a capable defender in the NBA.

SVG and the current set of players have been responsible for so many fans lacking confidence that this team will have much success this season. The East is extremely weak so the team has that going for them. If that AD for Jordan trade idea could have been accomplished, I would be saying the Pistons could be a top 3 or 4 team in the Eastern conference even with SVG coaching. But we can dream. We can dream that the point guards share the ball and give up the ball early in the shot clock and we see the Pistons playing both sides of the floor to make the opposing teams work a little bit more. All of the 5 players could hope to touch the ball more often. AD would give a crap about learning how to box out and give an honest effort on defense more often. Maybe Bradley and Harris will become super stars this season too and Johnson will be right behind them. Ellenson will win the starting power forward position. Kennard will play 17 to 24 minutes a game. Moreland will establish himself as the best center on the team. AD will be traded for at least a 2nd round pick. Reggie Jackson will become a solid defender and more team orientated on offense. Then reality strikes as I remember what happened last season and how badly that team looked and how dumb the coaching staff looked. We shall see how much energy AD has once December arrives and we get into late January. That has been the time when he has always stated to become a slacker. Maybe now that fans will be watching for slacking, AD will be forced to prepare mentally more often to avoid embarrassment. AD needs to embrace coaching and appreciate coaches who do not treat him like a baby. That is the way it was last season. Nothing anyone can do about that. It is in the Piston history books now. SVG should show his commitment to the Piston organization be agreeing to give back 50% of his salary next season to make up for the signings of Leuer and Boban. The Pistons have lost a lot of money. That would be the right thing to do Stan.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty The Big Penguin

Post  BallinD Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:52 pm

Per Zach Lowe, NBA's most Intriguing Players To Watch.  LINK HERE

Surprised to see Dre here in this piece.  Nothing good and nothing new, but hopefully it keeps the heat on Dre to play like he has never played before, with a ferocity often masked by his sulking going through the motions style of play.  Problem is, the fire, it has to come from within.  I just read the fine ESPN piece on Draymond's career arc and motivations and it makes me doubt if Dre will ever get it.  They are two different animals.

ANDRE DRUMMOND, DETROIT PISTONS

This is a show-me year for Drummond. All the issues I wrote about in February remain unresolved. If Drummond insists on posting up, Stan Van Gundy wants him to try facing the basket and blowing by fools instead of belching bricky jump hooks. (Drummond shot a ghastly 41 percent on post-ups last season, per Synergy, and rarely got to the line -- perhaps fearful of embarrassing himself there.) If not motivated by a desire for greatness, could the avoid embarrassment angle work?  Time will tell.

On defense, Drummond resisted Van Gundy's entreaties to venture outside the paint and disrupt pick-and-rolls around the 3-point arc. "There's a tug of war going on between us," Van Gundy said then. Will Bradley and AT help push him in the right direction?  SVG has proven himself useless here.

The Pistons sniffed out the Drummond trade market for much of the winter, and found little interest, sources told ESPN then.

We know what Drummond is on offense, or what he should be: a dive-and-dunk rim-runner who inhales offensive rebounds before the regular humans around him even get off the ground. Those players have value, even in the era of pace-and-space and stretch centers.

But a lot of their value has to come on defense, and that is where Drummond regressed. He played with low energy, and often let both his man and the ball slip behind him -- leaving the rim naked.

Drummond will never be Rudy Gobert. To live up to his contract -- and to make it movable for a team up against the tax -- he has to at least approximate DeAndre Jordan.

Detroit is optimistic Drummond will play with more effort and verve after offseason surgery to open up his left nostril. His wind should improve, and he just turned 24. But if the Pistons start out slowly, this situation could turn volatile -- fast.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Chemistry and Coaching

Post  WTF Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:45 pm

BallinD wrote:It is past pitiful from this person's perspective that Ellensen, who appears to be an instant offense type of guy, that we can't find a way to get him in a game and use the P&R (one of our two favorite weapons) to get a switch and let him exploit a matchup.  It seems he is especially equipped for that role.  But no, whenever he is on the floor, we will run the other play (fire away) for whoever is out there on the floor with him.

Will the same fate befall our newest rookie, who appears to be an even more mature and offensively gifted player than Ellensen?  Will SVG ever learn to use his lineup in the way of a Steve Kerr or Brad Stevens, or even a Jason Kidd?

I guess not.  Oh well, we can always make the Kriss Middleton type trades to get rid of players with great offensive potential who  were not born as defensive stalwarts (like Dre and Weggie?).

Too bad Dre and Weggie don't get that same treatment??

Meanwhile, Tobias Harris (by far our most efficient scorer) gets the cold shoulder treatment whenever he is hot.  His usage numbers are far less than weggie or dre, yet he is far more efficient than either.  He says it does not matter, he only wants to win.  

Team Chemistry Issues??  Oh heavens no.

That was the mind set of both our championship teams (Players Just wanting to win) and filling the roles required by them.    We had some great players take backseats for the good of the team or simply step up in other areas for the sake of winning.  

Our coaching for those 2 championship teams were exceptional and it's not even close to that now.   Nothing more nerve wrecking than watching a coach that doesn't now how to use it's talent.  SVG Sucks!!!!! 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty -$63 Million?

Post  Murph Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:56 am

Something seems fishy about that -$63 million figure, or -$45 million figure after profit sharing.  It could be accounting gimmicks.  For example, how much did the Pistons pay Palace Entertainments for the use of the Palace?  Yet Gores owns Palace Entertainments also.  All I'm saying is that all these corporations are privately owned by Gores and/or his venture capital funds, and we are not really privy to the accounting procedures.

Oracle wrote:Wow, between paying a player to NOT play, letting players walk for nothing, and signing scrubs to lucrative contracts, the Pistons easily found their way to the bottom of another list!!! Article below.

Detroit is at the center of a huge financial disparity for the league.

by Steve Hinson@Shinons8  Sep 19, 2017, 5:50pm EDT

FORUM 667026272.0
The Detroit Pistons lost $63.2 million last season, ESPN reports. Ouch.

ESPN released an in-depth report on the financial disparity between the haves and the have nots in the NBA. Even after revenue sharing, the Pistons still were left with a $45.1 million loss. That compares to a $115.4 million profit for the Los Angeles Lakers, who were even worse than the Pistons last season.

The Pistons were one of ten other teams that were left with a loss even after revenue sharing was distributed. The others include the Milwaukee BucksCleveland CavaliersAtlanta HawksMemphis GrizzliesOrlando MagicBrooklyn NetsSan Antonio Spurs, and Washington Wizards.

With a move to Little Caesar’s Arena in store for the coming season hopefully that will boost the team’s attendance, which was 25th in the league last season. However the Pistons have been in the bottom five in the league in attendance since 2012, so it’ll likely take improved play combined with the improved location to get financials back to the black.

Last summer saw a spending spree with the new television deal dramatically raising the salary cap, and the Pistons were participants in handing out pricey deals. Most notably, paying Boban Marjanovich to be the third center.

But Tom Gores hasn’t publicly forced Stan Van Gundy or Jeff Bower to reign in their spending, saying that he was willing to go into the luxury tax to keep free agent Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. But it’s certainly reasonable if a closer look at the team’s books might have factored into the decision for a firm line in the contract negotiations.

They’ll still enter next season with the 12th highest payroll at $117 million.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Well Hell

Post  BallinD Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:52 pm

It is past pitiful from this person's perspective that Ellensen, who appears to be an instant offense type of guy, that we can't find a way to get him in a game and use the P&R (one of our two favorite weapons) to get a switch and let him exploit a matchup.  It seems he is especially equipped for that role.  But no, whenever he is on the floor, we will run the other play (fire away) for whoever is out there on the floor with him.

Will the same fate befall our newest rookie, who appears to be an even more mature and offensively gifted player than Ellensen?  Will SVG ever learn to use his lineup in the way of a Steve Kerr or Brad Stevens, or even a Jason Kidd?

I guess not.  Oh well, we can always make the Kriss Middleton type trades to get rid of players with great offensive potential who  were not born as defensive stalwarts (like Dre and Weggie?).

Too bad Dre and Weggie don't get that same treatment??

Meanwhile, Tobias Harris (by far our most efficient scorer) gets the cold shoulder treatment whenever he is hot.  His usage numbers are far less than weggie or dre, yet he is far more efficient than either.  He says it does not matter, he only wants to win.  

Team Chemistry Issues??  Oh heavens no.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Going to the gaaame, going to the gaaame!

Post  deusXango Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:40 pm

lemonpen wrote:Good News:   Ok, GREAT NEWS.   They presented me with tickets to the season opener at LCA.  GOOOOOD ones too. !!!!  dance dance

Added News:  They also gave me a Piston shirt,  Piston cap,  Piston jacket (Starter none the less), and bright blue Nikes to match the cap & jacket. 2 thumbs up 2 thumbs up

Bad News:  They expect me to wear all of it to the game.  I'll look like some waaaaay over the top slappy.  facepalm facepalm facepalm
Lemon, how dare you put your face in the floor, you're the envy of the neighborhood! Enjoy the game and report back to us on how the overall atmosphere is.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Lemon

Post  Sparma Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:32 pm

Congratulations!

At least you don't live in Philly, because wearing all that Pistons' gear in the city of brotherly love could have gotten tough.

lemonpen wrote:Good News:   Ok, GREAT NEWS.   They presented me with tickets to the season opener at LCA.  GOOOOOD ones too. !!!!  dance dance

Added News:  They also gave me a Piston shirt,  Piston cap,  Piston jacket (Starter none the less), and bright blue Nikes to match the cap & jacket. 2 thumbs up 2 thumbs up

Bad News:  They expect me to wear all of it to the game.  I'll look like some waaaaay over the top slappy.  facepalm facepalm facepalm
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Stanley Johnson and the Nit Pickers

Post  deusXango Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:58 pm

"Two years ago, he was a star forward at Arizona shooting 45 and 37 percent respectively.

If Detroit can (and they like will) increase his exposure of 17.8 minutes per game, Johnson can get back to what he was doing best; scoring on efficient percentages."
-The Vertical

With numbers like that, why and who decided to fu@k with his shot? Left alone, I'd be disappointed if he didn't average 15 points as a starter on this current team, but form is everything.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Does everybody know we have a serious problem with Reggie?

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:39 pm

In this article about KCP(How Kentavious Caldwell-Pope’s gamble on himself may pay off), the following was said,
http://realballinsiders.com/blog/2017/09/21/how-kentavious-caldwell-popes-gamble-on-himself-may-pay-off/ wrote:He was effective running the pick and roll, scoring .88 points per possessions as the ball handler and his shooting took a big leap forward, particularly in the early stages of the season. He shot 37.5 percent from long range from the beginning of the season until the beginning of March when the wheels fell off on the whole Pistons team.

Caldwell-Pope will also benefit from playing alongside a talented playmaker in Ball on the offensive end. KCP is an excellent catch-and-shoot scorer and can capitalize on Ball’s ability to create. Last season he scored 1.102 points per possession on all catch-and-shoot opportunities, and he shined on open looks where he scored 1.243 points per possession.

KCP should get more open looks playing alongside Brook Lopez and Lonzo Ball on the Los Angeles Lakers than he did in a constipated and plodding Pistons’ offense with Reggie Jackson and Andre Drummond. He’ll have the opportunity to parlay that into the big long-term pay day he hoped for this summer, just one year later.
It's that last paragraph that tells the tale of the tape! Constipated is a good word for an offense that gets rare ball movement when Reggie is in charge, and that has to change!

And while this speaks to Reggie, it's also an indictment on SVG's offense... it's just plain bad!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty They know their Dad...

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:30 pm

They know what team you REALLY love, and outfitted you for a successful entrance... do it for them!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Bless My Childrens Hearts

Post  lemonpen Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:52 pm

Good News: Ok, GREAT NEWS. They presented me with tickets to the season opener at LCA. GOOOOOD ones too. !!!! dance dance

Added News: They also gave me a Piston shirt, Piston cap, Piston jacket (Starter none the less), and bright blue Nikes to match the cap & jacket. 2 thumbs up 2 thumbs up

Bad News: They expect me to wear all of it to the game. I'll look like some waaaaay over the top slappy. facepalm facepalm facepalm
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:42 pm

Oracle wrote:
lemonpen wrote:
Oracle wrote:

Ballin, Reggie returning to form gets us a top 4 seed easily, otherwise it's bottom 4, but we should make the playoffs barring injury or more SVG senior moments. Note that Reggie is the only player immune to SVG's coaching, the dysfunctional love each other Smile 

If he does regain form, look for these things to happen,

1. Drummond has a great year! I don't know if he defends better, but he'll score and rebound like a demon
2. Harris scores very little as a starter or scores decently if he's coming off the bench
3. Bradley has a BIG year! He'll be Reggie best buddy because he'll guard everybody that Reggie can't and he'll become Reggie's main relief valve when he or Drummond can't get their shot.
4. Leuer will have a good year(for him) if he starts, otherwise Ellenson eats his lunch.
5. Stanley's confidence grows and by season end he's very serviceable.
6. Success is the rookie killer, Kennard will see little time as SVG, smelling a high seed, will lean on veterans HEAVILY, and he won't even make any excuses!

Yes its back to business as usual, but success also shuts us up as we enjoy the ride.

Unfortunately if he doesn't regain his form, others get minutes and the formula is a complete mystery to me...
IMHO, a return to form pushes us back into a team that eventually becomes fed up with playin hard D only to watch a 2 man offensive effort.  Things changed after our playoff exit.  Afterward guys seem to dedicate themselves to TEAM ball, which really showed in how they played for each other during game 1-21.   I believe there will be surprisingly little tolerance for static O and resting on D.
I agree with your diagnosis of what we'd be if Reggie returned to form and he and Dre reprised their 2 man act.

What I'm saying is that's the only avenue I see to us winning enough games to do well because I don't see SVG being able to figure out how to get the team ball magic back.
Sadly, that is probably true.
IMO, more likely is that SVG attempts to get Reggie to pass more, and he will for awhile, but it won't last.
That somehow hurts more when I read it aloud.

The bottom line is that if we're winning, nobody will care except us, and we'll complain while we love each win.

If they lose, well, we all have knives behind our backs to pull out and do serious damage  lol lol lol
Just remember the blade can be no longer that 3 inches.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Sherman and The Way Back Machine

Post  deusXango Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:56 am

The GSW are the flavor of the day in the NBA, as our beloved Pistons once were, but the difference is, they're universally loved and we were universally feared, albeit, silently respected. I remember how the "Bad Boys" and "Going to Work Crew" were assembled, but this Frankenstein that's representing Detroit now is a far cry from anything to contend for a championship. We've got some good pieces, but do we have anyone calling shots that's smart enough to fit the pieces together? We've got some "fly's in the ointment" also, but do we have anyone with the cojones to pick them out? I think not!

Going back to the GSW, what if our present administration had the opportunity to construct that darling, championship team, would it? Would SVG have drafted Steph Curry and built the team around him? Would SVG have given a local hero (Drayman Green) drafted where he was, an opportunity to play such an important role on the team...hell, would Drayman been given an opportunity to play anywhere but Grand Rapids?! If the team had the finances to sign KCP to a max contract, would SVG have drafted Klay Thompson and not signed KCP? These three are the backbone of the NBA's champions for two of the last three years and with the past practices of our current administration, we'd have passed on all of them. Curry's too small and weak. Green is undersized for a big man of any consequence. Thompson doesn't have any experience, plus he doesn't play defense. The same excuses we hear now, we'd have heard then.

Stan Van Gundy is so damn reckless when it comes to spending; willing to take a chance on the most obscure players, but is overly cautious when it comes to developing players that are known talents. Johnson, *Kennard, Ellenson, Harris are players that've been marked with excuses aimed at their flaws, while totally overlooking their assets. We've got no leadership and putting that mantle on Bradley, who's viewed by many as "a one year rental," is criminally unfair. That's a job for a teams PG or franchise big man...Drummond doesn't have what it takes and Reggie's too pampered for real basketball players to follow. What's to be done when the players are forbidden to talk among themselves regarding matters of basketball and holding each other accountable? SVG can do everything but promote sound leadership.

I ain't alright with a young, highly paid player, that "can't" participate in all the practices with his teammates for fear of injury. This ain't Allen Iverson we're talking about...this ain't Isiah or Chauncey either! Either he's a wimp or a gimp, you take your pick. This sh!t about Bradley taking the defensive heat off Reggie sucks; whatever happened to "pulling your own weight?" Bradley's not being paired with Jackson as much as being saddled with him. This will contribute to Bradley leaving more than anything else, particularly if the team doesn't perform because of the PG and big man play. How did Reggie become so invaluable to the Pistons anyway? The P & R with Drummond? That's B.S. because Will Bynum started it with Drummond, before SVG came here, and ran it more effectively than any PG since, plus Will's in the Pistons history books and he never was worth $80 million.

What's with the prospect of all these undersized SG's (Bradley and Galloway), while Bullock and *Kennard languish on the bench? Why can't Bradley be our starting PG? If it's only for one year, why not? Speaking of one year miracles, I suggested Mark Jackson as our coach and torches were lit and pitchforks came out; damn whatever got "Action" Jackson run out of Oakland, what did he do for the teams growing success? All we'd need him for is one year, to fit the pieces together for us and get the machine running for us, then bye-bye. How quickly we forget, SVG was run out of Miami and Orlando, both with talent that we've yet to duplicate.

Wise has predicted a pre-season trade and I'm hopeful it takes place, but what'd make me really ecstatic would be a firing of SVG and his crew (which ain't going to happen) along with that major trade?

*Kennard's fate is yet to be determined.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Git up 'ya nag and run!

Post  deusXango Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:28 pm

I don't care if Reggie "returns to form" or not, this is a concern that should be pondered in Minnesota, not here and now. There's no sane reason that SVG didn't pull the trigger on the Rubio trade when he had the chance.

How many lottery picks that've been exceeding their teams expectations are slated to get minimal, mop up minutes, other than Kennard? Did we need outside shooting and smarts or not? This is the sh!t that makes me hang my head.

Leuer was signed to replace Ilyasova, who was signed to replace Tolliver, but now that Tolliver is back, I realize Ilyasova was the best starter out of the three and Tolliver is the most passionate; what makes Leuer the best fit?

I don't know about anyone else, but going into this season with a roster that didn't include Jackson and Leuer would make me feel more comfortable about really competing for a playoff spot...that's with the massive turnover, or absence of KCP and Morris.

Damn! Will we ever see Ellenson play any meaningful minutes for the Pistons or must we take SVG's word that there's something severely wrong with his game? Why the national pre-draft hype for this guy, if he couldn't play?

Why is Ish Smith suddenly the forgotten man? If PG is so important to the success of this team, and Bradley is supposed to take up the slack of an inept PG, wouldn't Ish be most likely to start the season? Who'd be mad?

Back-to-backs have been used as an excuse for this teams failures already, now we're ready to go to war with a PG that can't play back-to-backs; has any thought been given to the flip/flopping of starting PG's and how that'll effect the team?

I'm so hopeful that Stanley is ready to step up and show some maturity, moxey, and a vastly improved game...I hope he earns the start from jump street and plays to keep it!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Adding Stuff

Post  WTF Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:30 pm

Oracle wrote:KCP may be in trouble in Laker land after this season. The Lakers have their eyes on 3 players, and even if he blows up, his cost could leave him out in the cold. Very smart of Magic because KCP will be a valuable trade piece for him or a valuable backup to Westbrook

The Lakers are going after LeBron, Westbrook and Paul George, and likely can get at least 2 of the 3 and maybe all 3, which spells full championship contention and IMO, a favorite to come out of the west if they can get the chemistry right. Lakers will certainly have the money for all three but even if its Bron and Westbrook watch out league. 

KCP does have a chance if he's willing to take a pay cut for a chance at a 'ship. Too early to tell, more info here: Three three-team trades that make sense for LA

Bradley: I don't like the way the media is putting all of the pressure on Bradley. He's supposed to be our best player, he's supposed to be our best defender and now he's supposed to be the guy that replaces Morris as our leader, voice and conscious. Bradley a good player but I'm buying no hype because he won't be on this team next season if the Pistons struggle which is likely.

Look, he wasn't the leader in Boston, so he hasn't got a lot of experience and it's very hard to come to a new team and start bossing people around. To his credit he says that he needs to be a listener and lead from his play, then the rest will come. The media builds players up only to tear them down.

Reggie: He's proclaimed himself as being back to the old Reggie... again. I hope it's true for both his sake and ours, but didn't he say that last season?

I'm not from Missouri, but he's going to have to show me something before I can believe it! Quietly I hope his ass hurt but all the talk is to strengthen him to setup the trade I'm predicting will happen before the season starts
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Stuff...

Post  Oracle Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:35 pm

KCP may be in trouble in Laker land after this season. The Lakers have their eyes on 3 players, and even if he blows up, his cost could leave him out in the cold.

The Lakers are going after LeBron, Westbrook and Paul George, and likely can get at least 2 of the 3 and maybe all 3, which spells full championship contention and IMO, a favorite to come out of the west if they can get the chemistry right.

KCP does have a chance if he's willing to take a pay cut for a chance at a 'ship. Too early to tell, more info here: Three three-team trades that make sense for LA

Bradley: I don't like the way the media is putting all of the pressure on Bradley. He's supposed to be our best player, he's supposed to be our best defender and now he's supposed to be the guy that replaces Morris as our leader, voice and conscious.

Look, he wasn't the leader in Boston, so he hasn't got a lot of experience and it's very hard to come to a new team and start bossing people around. To his credit he says that he needs to be a listener and lead from his play, then the rest will come. The media builds players up only to tear them down.

Reggie: He's proclaimed himself as being back to the old Reggie... again. I hope it's true for both his sake and ours, but didn't he say that last season?

I'm not from Missouri, but he's going to have to show me something before I can believe it!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Lemonpen

Post  Oracle Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:21 pm

lemonpen wrote:
Oracle wrote:

Ballin, Reggie returning to form gets us a top 4 seed easily, otherwise it's bottom 4, but we should make the playoffs barring injury or more SVG senior moments. Note that Reggie is the only player immune to SVG's coaching, the dysfunctional love each other Smile 

If he does regain form, look for these things to happen,

1. Drummond has a great year! I don't know if he defends better, but he'll score and rebound like a demon
2. Harris scores very little as a starter or scores decently if he's coming off the bench
3. Bradley has a BIG year! He'll be Reggie best buddy because he'll guard everybody that Reggie can't and he'll become Reggie's main relief valve when he or Drummond can't get their shot.
4. Leuer will have a good year(for him) if he starts, otherwise Ellenson eats his lunch.
5. Stanley's confidence grows and by season end he's very serviceable.
6. Success is the rookie killer, Kennard will see little time as SVG, smelling a high seed, will lean on veterans HEAVILY, and he won't even make any excuses!

Yes its back to business as usual, but success also shuts us up as we enjoy the ride.

Unfortunately if he doesn't regain his form, others get minutes and the formula is a complete mystery to me...
IMHO, a return to form pushes us back into a team that eventually becomes fed up with playin hard D only to watch a 2 man offensive effort.  Things changed after our playoff exit.  Afterward guys seem to dedicate themselves to TEAM ball, which really showed in how they played for each other during game 1-21.   I believe there will be surprisingly little tolerance for static O and resting on D.
I agree with your diagnosis of what we'd be if Reggie returned to form and he and Dre reprised their 2 man act.

What I'm saying is that's the only avenue I see to us winning enough games to do well because I don't see SVG being able to figure out how to get the team ball magic back.

IMO, more likely is that SVG attempts to get Reggie to pass more, and he will for awhile, but it won't last.

The bottom line is that if we're winning, nobody will care except us, and we'll complain while we love each win.

If they lose, well, we all have knives behind our backs to pull out and do serious damage  lol lol lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty The End of the Road

Post  BallinD Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:11 pm

In almost any mystery, thriller, adventure, the key to solving the problem is to follow the money. SVG exemplifies caveat emptor, let the buyer beware of buying a pig in a poke: translation. Sight unseen, can SVG be trusted to perform in a dual role?. In hindsight, No!!!

Well now we have seen SVG ain't so good of a coach, has no balls to stand up to his highest paid players, and is a lousy money manager. Gores is his enabler?

Coupled with his lame duck status, this spells the doom of VanBower unless miracles flow unabated this season. The doom is due to:

1. Inability/refusal to trade Josh Smith for assets.

2. Inability/refusal to trade Pink Moscato Moose for assets

3. Inability/refusal to trade KCP (oh but we had no idea how it would go down?!)

4. Signing marginal players to expensive deals (Galloway, Leuer, Boban)
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Pistons were most unprofitable team in the NBA in 2016-17 by “a wide margin”

Post  Oracle Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:26 pm

Wow, between paying a player to NOT play, letting players walk for nothing, and signing scrubs to lucrative contracts, the Pistons easily found their way to the bottom of another list!!! Article below.

Detroit is at the center of a huge financial disparity for the league.

by Steve Hinson@Shinons8  Sep 19, 2017, 5:50pm EDT

FORUM 667026272.0
The Detroit Pistons lost $63.2 million last season, ESPN reports. Ouch.

ESPN released an in-depth report on the financial disparity between the haves and the have nots in the NBA. Even after revenue sharing, the Pistons still were left with a $45.1 million loss. That compares to a $115.4 million profit for the Los Angeles Lakers, who were even worse than the Pistons last season.

The Pistons were one of ten other teams that were left with a loss even after revenue sharing was distributed. The others include the Milwaukee BucksCleveland CavaliersAtlanta HawksMemphis GrizzliesOrlando MagicBrooklyn NetsSan Antonio Spurs, and Washington Wizards.

With a move to Little Caesar’s Arena in store for the coming season hopefully that will boost the team’s attendance, which was 25th in the league last season. However the Pistons have been in the bottom five in the league in attendance since 2012, so it’ll likely take improved play combined with the improved location to get financials back to the black.

Last summer saw a spending spree with the new television deal dramatically raising the salary cap, and the Pistons were participants in handing out pricey deals. Most notably, paying Boban Marjanovich to be the third center.

But Tom Gores hasn’t publicly forced Stan Van Gundy or Jeff Bower to reign in their spending, saying that he was willing to go into the luxury tax to keep free agent Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. But it’s certainly reasonable if a closer look at the team’s books might have factored into the decision for a firm line in the contract negotiations.

They’ll still enter next season with the 12th highest payroll at $117 million.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Leo's

Post  lemonpen Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:28 pm

WTF wrote:Lions do look GOOD!!!  

First 5 games are always up for grabs I just hope we can go 5-0 without injuries.   After that teams start showing who they really are even steal I think we're 10 or 11 win team this year even without an above average run game. 

Stafford has improved quite a bit the pass 3 seasons I think he deserves the 135 million so I'll make prediction.... MVP and 2 playoff wins this season.

That might have been the finest road W I have seen in a decade.  The best thing about it is how they toughed it out in all phases of the game.  No fireworks or trickeration or ill timed flags, just steady, nose to the grindstone, "Going to Work" style. Kinda like coach Caldwells style.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty DX

Post  Oracle Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:38 pm

DX wrote:As usual, you make great sense Oracle, but we tend to look at things from different directions. Hopefully the middle ground will result in something for both of us to cheer about.
DX, as I said in that post, I LOVE the way you love our team, and that your instincts are good.

Yes, we come at things from different directions at times, and that's a good thing, it provides diversity of thought on the forum. It doesn't stop me from appreciating where you're coming from.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next