Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+7
Go Stones!
Oracle
cool breeze
lemonpen
WTF
merc
Phil-Good
11 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty LMAO

Post  WTF Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:19 am

Of course we should own our words and wear them proudly I might add as well.  As far as I'm concern she called it correctly if it walk like a duck, quack and act like a duck  tb

Also bigger issue is just because things are doesn't make it right.  One day we're going to stop justifying money over things like morality, compassion, truth, and doing the right thing.  

Murph you're overstating and polishing Gore's ass just a little to shiny.  I'm not impressed by him turning a profit and his team is still a piece of ****.  I thought hate was perhaps to strong but then I thought not strong enough.   

Sadly Blaha carrying a tiki torch and rebel flag isn't the same as Ms. Hill expressing her opinion social media.  Beside the gentlemen Ms. Hill was talking about think those with tiki torches and rebel flags are great Americans facepalm  but Ms. Hill can't speak on it not.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Rufus Henry?

Post  Murph Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:06 am

I see Rufus is the most recent poster to register on this forum. Hmmmm....you don't suppose?

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Huh?

Post  Murph Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:53 am

WTF wrote:Needless to say when I read that **** it upset my stomach I got a knot in my belly.  This **** actually hurts to see how much disregard Gore truly has for what our teams accomplished.  I would understand if we didn't have a tradition of winning and competing that you would ant to bring in winners from outside but even then that should have it's limitations.

I never liked Gore from the moment he was mentioned as a potential owner because everything about him say's sellout,  he wasn't flying in to see Pistons games, or Lions and Tigers game neither Red Wing games and I honestly doubt he attended a MSU game. 

I was sad that Ilitch didn't get the team, hell I would have preferred the Fords getting it in either case of Ilitch or the Fords they would have been brought back to the city so I don't applaud Gore having them at LCA where they would have been anyway had Ilitch got the team.  It made my stomach hurt watching his ass at the ribbon cutting.  

Even in going outside the resources of past great players there were still better options than SVG and the way things are going he might as well kept Joe and allowed Cheeks to finish out his contract.   

I'm sure Magic got on the phone and was like Zeke this mutha offer me a job you should have, Magic didn't do it because he and Zeke are the best of friends but because there are lines that should never be crossed in matters of loyalty and Gores crossed it.  

I'm just out done, I'm lost on this mess.   I swear I hate that man

Wise, I'm beginning to get a little concerned about you, as your posts are becoming more and more agitated.  Why do you hate Gores?  He seems like a perfectly reasonable, if absentee owner.  He hired Van Gundy, which I didn't like, but to an inexperienced NBA owner and casual fan, Van Gundy probably seemed like a great choice.  In fact, most of the posters on this forum were in favor of the SVG hiring.

And Gores stepped up, in the middle of the Great Recession when GM and Chrysler were in bankruptcy and when other local businessmen like Illich and the Fords got cold feet, and plunked down a cool $325 million in cash to buy a franchise no one else wanted at the time.  

And the Pistons have been a fabulous success for Gores.  They are now valued at something like $1 billion by Forbes.  And Gores is moving the Pistons downtown, which will help the Detroit economy rebound even further.  Gores took a risk and was rewarded handsomely. So while Gores clearly doesn't know much about basketball, he's certainly a brilliant venture capitalist.

Now if he would just fire SVG and hire himself another President, GM and coach, who are not the same person....

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Really Wise

Post  lemonpen Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:28 am

WTF wrote:ESPN shame on you is all I have to say.   Ms. Hill spoke truthfully and honestly and expressed her personal views outside ESPN media format on her own Twitter account.   Glad you didn't fire her and I don't think you'll dare because the backlash from it we be far greater than some whiny comments coming from a retard at the WH.

KUDOS!!! To the SI.com writer that stood in defense of Ms. Hill which is more than we can say for her employer.  ESPN you would have done better in just not to comment at all and electively find it necessary to distance yourself from Ms. Hills remarks.  

What further puts a bug up my ass is that for a company (ABC, Disney, ESPN) where many of its shareholders have/practice/engages in alternative lifestyles that you would be the least concerned with Ms. Hill truthful comments. Stop Selling Out!

What I find funny is this, at some point your first mind might have been to fire Ms. Hill but you're trying to put the fire out on both ends so you can't just fire her because the outcry would be far more deafening coming from those that support her.  Your bottom line would be in jeopardy if the thousands of athletes decides to protest in support of her.   

Be careful ESPN be very careful!!!!
Since we are discussing IF’s and What If's;

What if George Blaha was photographed carrying a tiki torch and wearing a rebel flag T-shirt as he marched with Neo-Nazi’s a month ago in Virginia.
The broadcast face & voice of your organization. An organization where the most highly compensated employees have the most powerful voices are mostly black.
Without putting too much thought into this, how many choices would Gores have before player dissention, loss of sponsorship, and ticket cancellation potentially forced his hand.

Free speech is not and has never been free. There has always been a cost.

And there should always be a cost, or what value is it.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:17 pm

Oracle wrote:It's a new world! She works for a company that gives her a public platform, and it's silly to think that she can say anything and not have it come back to her employer, good or bad.

For a first offense, a reprimand is likely in order, but if it continues, I don't have a problem with ESPN firing her.

She can comment and say anything privately, that's her right, but since she's a public figure, she needs to protect her employer in public media forums... just my opinion.
WTF wrote:ESPN shame on you is all I have to say.   Ms. Hill spoke truthfully and honestly and expressed her personal views outside ESPN media format on her own Twitter account.   Glad you didn't fire her and I don't think you'll dare because the backlash from it we be far greater than some whiny comments coming from a retard at the WH.

KUDOS!!! To the SI.com writer that stood in defense of Ms. Hill which is more than we can say for her employer.  ESPN you would have done better in just not to comment at all and electively find it necessary to distance yourself from Ms. Hills remarks.  

What further puts a bug up my ass is that for a company (ABC, Disney, ESPN) where many of its shareholders have/practice/engages in alternative lifestyles that you would be the least concerned with Ms. Hill truthful comments. Stop Selling Out!

What I find funny is this, at some point your first mind might have been to fire Ms. Hill but you're trying to put the fire out on both ends so you can't just fire her because the outcry would be far more deafening coming from those that support her.  Your bottom line would be in jeopardy if the thousands of athletes decides to protest in support of her.   

Yes but what does SVG think about this subject? He usually gives his opinion on political matters instead of concentrating on the team he coaches. Remember last season when the team collapsed under his watch and he kept giving his opinion about the election or this or that but no information on how he was going to get his high contract players to show more interest? Oh I forgot, SVG did mention after it was too late with only about 3 games to go that he wished that AD would be more engaged. Imagine if the President of your company made that statement that he thought you were not engaged enough with your work. Wouldn't you have already been fired? Instead in the NBA coaches must have to beg their franchise player to give an honest effort. Please please please try to make those free throws. Please come to practice. Does Brad Stevens have to eat crap from his players? Has he ever had to worry about his players not being engaged. Actually that was a great statement SVG made about AD. It tells me everything I need to know about how things work with our team.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Oracle

Post  WTF Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:05 pm

Oracle wrote:It's a new world! She works for a company that gives her a public platform, and it's silly to think that she can say anything and not have it come back to her employer, good or bad.

For a first offense, a reprimand is likely in order, but if it continues, I don't have a problem with ESPN firing her.

She can comment and say anything privately, that's her right, but since she's a public figure, she needs to protect her employer in public media forums... just my opinion.

Same world same ****

She wasn't out of line speaking her opinion and at no time did she say she was speaking on behalf of ESPN.  She wasn't on ESPN Twitter account I don't think so there shouldn't be a problem.  She wasn't on ESPN Platform 

Yes damn shame how we can pick and choose when freedom of speech is appropriate or not and who's allow to speak freely.  Clearly the only thing speaking is money.

It's not important if it gets back to her employer because she committed no offense.  Its wrong and this NEW WORLD is eventually going to be the end of all of us.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty I Wish I Could Sit Back

Post  BallinD Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:04 pm

Oracle wrote:To be honest, the "if's" were initially annoying to me, but now I'm taking a totally different view.

The "if's" are the biggest think that's got me excited about this team! Just think about it, we know we have the talent to be a top 4 team in the east... IF things break right!

We also know we could be close to an 8th seed if things do go as well as we hope. The fact that we don't know leaves a lot to the imagination, and truth be told, we've seen crazy high expectations and horribly low expectations damn near on a daily basis Smile

So I'm just going to sit back and wait for some action to either explode my expectations or burst my bubble... should be an interesting ride.

I'm pretty sure it will be an interesting ride as well.  And I agree the questions are annoying to anyone with Piston DNA in their thoughts. It will be hard for me not to scrutinize the moves though as they unfold. For me it is way too early to call anything, cause best case is we challenge for ECF finals, and worst case is we drown in the lottery.  

Most likely we remain mired in mediocrity with no hope short of tanking...going young and build around Kennard, Ellensen Harris, and Johnson.  That would mean trading and assuming we got picks or young unproven studs to put us in position to get a Grown Up Stud or two.

Well, maybe worst case is a fall toward the bottom, but I cannot (blinders??) see that happening and us getting a top five pick, no matter how badly SVG misuses his roster or calls plays.  If it happens, it would have to be looked at as a "blessing in disguise."

I hope we have seen the near-term performance floor for Dre and Weggie last season, so we can trade em or happily keep em.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Interesting article about Moreland's new contract and looking ahead to the future

Post  cool breeze Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:00 pm

Will Moreland need to bite his nails worrying about the framework of his new 3 year contract? Notice his shot blocking skill set. He will be the only power forward or center with shot blocking skills on the roster. I expect AD to fake an injury early on and Boban might actually experience a significant injury so one might expect Moreland might get a lot of playing time this season. Don't count on it. SVG will play his injured players anyway. It is interesting how far Piston management will go for some players who haver really never shown that they were solid smart two way players relating to their no clause type contracts. No stipulations or limitations were placed in the contracts of AD, RJ, Boban, or Leuer. Moreland will be watched closely in practice and maybe SVG will install cameras looking for any negative expressions on his face as he sits the bench watching the cream puff AD slack off in the first and third quarters of most games. Some of you might get angry when I say that but the film doesn't lie and there is plenty of film from the last half of last season proving AD was a big faker on defense especially after he missed those 7 foot baseline hook shots.

Why are Pistons fans so full of gloom and doom? The answer is that we just cannot trust the owner or the Piston coaching staff to do the right thing. Both of those entities believe in playing the big contract players 90% of the total minutes. Does our hopes pick up when we read stories about which players will be playing the most minutes and who will occupy those positions most of the time? No we all worry that despite adding Bradley to the roster, this team will again have horrible team chemistry and stink up the hardwood on most nights. Shortly after the season ended, SVG was spouting off that he needs to do a big self evaluation on himself. But now after a few months has gone by it seems the same nonsense will take place being that this owner tells the head coach who to play and how many minutes so SVG will just follow orders again. No coaching staff in their right minds would not have identified the real problem players and exposed them so fans could have hope for the next season that a big change would be coming. The owner said no. He will not trade AD or RJ.

Meanwhile the owner will tune in for the game highlights while attending a party in LA , call his favorite player AD and get his opinion on why the team lost. AD will say that damn Bradley got in my face again in the locker room. The owner will tell AD not to worry and hang up and dial SVG to bitch him out for not patrolling the locker room to protect his franchise player. The owner will make sure he tells SVG to hold a team meeting the following morning to advise all roster players that AD is the acting team leader captain so everybody better keep their traps shut. After that chat the owner will sit back and turn on his DVR as he records all Laker games. He starts watching the new rookie point guard Ball make some snappy passes to KCP. Then he will call Magic and make more social plans and provide special insight to Magic advising that he thinks that Ball should dribble around more like Reggie does.

SVG will continue to talk by phone once a week as he cleans up the urinals at the new arena and will beg the owner to allow him to change that 4 out 1 in offense. The owner will casually say no and say that Piston fans love watching AD dance before all home games and show his special talent on offense. He will insist that SVG talk to RJ and make sure he is on board to give AD at least 25 touches a game so AD can develop his outside game. To avoid being fired before the end of the season, SVG and his assistants will be forced to chant when the Pistons are on offense yelling SHOOT IT AD. WE LOVE YOU. LET THAT THING FLY (referring to the amazing baseline no looker hook shot everyone adores but AD's teammates). The owner will also drill into SVG's head that he must report any negative conversations in the locker room that involve critical comments about the love relationship between Reggie and Andre. SVG will get fired after the end of the season and Stan will travel without his dog to the North Pole to join the great "Klabona". He will live in a ice house for three years until his book is finished about what it was like working for the Pistons under Tom Gores and his Laker buddies. SVG will reveal his dilemma when he was working for the Piston organization and to juice things up to sell more books (SVG is always in it for the money) he will reveal the secret hazing he endured when he was forced to attend private meetings with the Laker owners who actually own the Pistons. Yes you will finally be able to read about how SVG was forced to wear a Laker butt thong as he gave his State of The Pistons speech. He was so embarrassed  and suffered great humiliation. SVG will finally apologize to Piston fans for failing to do the right thing as the head coach of the Pistons. By this time the press will pick up on SVG's experiences and will start investigating the possibility that Laker owners bought the Pistons to use as their farm team. They never moved AD or RJ to the big league team. Those two got new 4 year max contracts to play for the Pistons. Moreland, Kennard and Ellenson never did get off the bench and were included in a big trade for Charlie V and the ailing Brandon Jennings who were both signed by the Bucks especially to make this trade with the Pistons. Everyone is excited about the Pistons future. Looking ahead in my crystal ball causes too much stress especially going out 4 years or so. Got to stop now.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty DX: I read the early look at the lineup out of curiosity...sheese!

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:43 pm

I can't believe those lineups, they make little sense with the roster we have.

One thing about SVG is his propensity for signing low end players to BIG contracts.

Jodie Meeks, Boban, Leuer, Ish, & Galloway... all making significantly more than they're worth, IMO.

While what KCP wanted was more than I wanted to pay, I can't help but think that SVG could have done better than signing these guys to deals that big.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:36 pm

It's a new world! She works for a company that gives her a public platform, and it's silly to think that she can say anything and not have it come back to her employer, good or bad.

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty The IF's are interesting to me...

Post  Oracle Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:32 pm

To be honest, the "if's" were initially annoying to me, but now I'm taking a totally different view.

The "if's" are the biggest think that's got me excited about this team! Just think about it, we know we have the talent to be a top 4 team in the east... IF things break right!

We also know we could be close to an 8th seed if things do go as well as we hope. The fact that we don't know leaves a lot to the imagination, and truth be told, we've seen crazy high expectations and horribly low expectations damn near on a daily basis Smile

So I'm just going to sit back and wait for some action to either explode my expectations or burst my bubble... should be an interesting ride.
BallinD wrote:Folks,

Two weeks and counting before the Stones hit the floor.  It looks to this observer that it is business as usual, but it is too early to tell.

Truth be told, there are too many storylines/narratives for our outlook to be any good, because there are so many questions predicated on IF??

If Gores can stay out of the way??

If SVG grows a brain and is capable of coaching a modern basketball team with a modern offense and valid rotations yet and still showcase Drum n Weggie for his final, and biggest trade of his career??

If Weggie is healed and willing to be a ball distributor, and defender, while retaining the ability to be a hero at the end of games if needed??  (Still want him traded, but what can you get? buy low-sell high)

If Dre can breathe easy, run the court, block shots. putback and O-rebound and eschew demanding the ball in the post??

If Bradley can get in there and do the contract-year thing we know he is capable of, physically, culturally, and leadershipwise, we have a chance...SVG may want to listen to his high BBIQ ideas if he is truly serious about re-signing Bradley??

If SJ is ready for a step up in his role and embraces being our junk-yard dog, in direct synchronization with AB??

iF the organization is willing to shift ...ala Boston, while not tanking, since the Proud Pistons are too Proud To Tank??
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Business As Usual

Post  BallinD Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:25 pm

Folks,

Two weeks and counting before the Stones hit the floor.  It looks to this observer that it is business as usual, but it is too early to tell.

Truth be told, there are too many storylines/narratives for our outlook to be any good, because there are so many questions predicated on IF??

If Gores can stay out of the way??

If SVG grows a brain and is capable of coaching a modern basketball team with a modern offense and valid rotations yet and still showcase Drum n Weggie for his final, and biggest trade of his career??

If Weggie is healed and willing to be a ball distributor, and defender, while retaining the ability to be a hero at the end of games if needed??  (Still want him traded, but what can you get? buy low-sell high)

If Dre can breathe easy, run the court, block shots. putback and O-rebound and eschew demanding the ball in the post??

If Bradley can get in there and do the contract-year thing we know he is capable of, physically, culturally, and leadershipwise, we have a chance...SVG may want to listen to his high BBIQ ideas if he is truly serious about re-signing Bradley??

If SJ is ready for a step up in his role and embraces being our junk-yard dog, in direct synchronization with AB??

iF the organization is willing to shift ...ala Boston, while not tanking, since the Proud Pistons are too Proud To Tank??
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Player Top 75 Ranking

Post  WTF Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:23 pm

Okay more nonsense to confirm it's all a joke. 

I'm inline with the thinking of Stephen A and others concerning Carmelo being #64 on the list which is insane by itself, but ESPN doubled down on the insanity by ranking Lonzo Ball at 63 a spot ahead and hasn't played a single NBA.   Talk about premature thinking!!!

Okay some might be saying WTF you been pushing Kennard like he's the second coming of Jesus Christ.  I doubt if I would have ever have the nerves to say he's deserves to be on any list prior to playing a NBA game.  Kennard is going to be good and one day be on many list this how list is a joke because I can only see IMHO only one Pistons deserving to be on the list now.

I become less and less of a NBA daily.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Money Money Money Money

Post  WTF Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:02 pm

ESPN shame on you is all I have to say.   Ms. Hill spoke truthfully and honestly and expressed her personal views outside ESPN media format on her own Twitter account.   Glad you didn't fire her and I don't think you'll dare because the backlash from it we be far greater than some whiny comments coming from a retard at the WH.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty I read the early look at the lineup out of curiosity...sheese!

Post  deusXango Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:56 pm

THIS JUST IN FROM ASSHOLE CENTRAL....
Each player’s minutes break down as follows:
•Jackson – 25 minutes To do what with exactly? Scoring machine? Distributor? Gimpy time waster?
•Bradley – 35 minutes This makes sense for his agent, as he'll be able to showcase his skills...for someone else!
•Johnson- 26 minutes I imagine SVG is someplace laughing his ass off right now.
Harris – 36 minutes He's stripped of his bullet because he can't shoot 3's...take 'yo ass to the bench!
•Drummond – 32 minutes How is this possible with butt-buddy Jackson only playing 25 minutes?
•Leuer – 22 minutes First it was a waste of money, now it's a waste of time.
•Tolliver – 18 minutes Wait'll he get a load of Moreland!
•Smith – 18 minutes This has got to be a misprint...I get 25 minutes and the gimp gets 18 minutes!
•Galloway – 13 minutes So, this is what the Twilight Zone looks like in real life.
•Marjanovich – 10 minutes I play behind clowns again? Okay, pay me.
•Kennard – 5 minutes Right now, at his age and skill level, it's time to start calling for a trade. Just ask Ellenson.

Let's look at the offensive/defensive potential or what have we got going for us.
Each player’s minutes break down as follows:
•Jackson – 25 minutes 16 pts. and 4 asst. is a stretch...same old Reggie if this is done in 25 minutes.
•Bradley – 35 minutes 20 pts., 5 asst., 2.5 stl., 6 rbn. Wherever he's plugged in, he's our Army Swiss knife.
•Johnson- 26 minutes 10 pts., 4 asst., 5 rbn. With smothering perimeter defense, this is marked improvement.
•Harris – 36 minutes 20 pts., 2 asst., 3 rbn., 1 stl., Hopefully he's a season long starter.
•Drummond 32 minutes 15 pts., 15 rbn., 3 blk., 2 stl. The leagues most underappreciated All-Star.
•Leuer – 22 minutes ???
•Tolliver – 18 minutes ???
•Smith – 18 minutes ???, 7 asst. If he can get the team involved and not turn the ball over, we're competitive.
•Galloway – 13 minutes ???
•Marjanovich – 10 minutes ???
•Kennard – 5 minutes What can you do with 5 minutes other than turn on the fan and turn out the lights?

I can't believe that at this point, SVG has no plans for Ellenson, Moreland, Bullock, and can only see Kennard playing 5 minutes, if he impresses him with his defense...how many impressive defenders are listed above?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Okay I'm Still Hot

Post  WTF Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Zeke has a mural I bet Gore wanted one of Magic.  I wouldn't be surprised if Gore forgot to pack the 3 championship trophies and all the banners and retired jersey before moving.  

Hey Gore now that your across the street from Ford field maybe you can send Reggie and Andre over to ask Stafford what it's like to be clutch in the 4th qt of a game.  God knows you don't have the sense to any of the Pistons past greats for any advice.  ASSHOLE!!!!!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Update For Gores

Post  WTF Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:17 pm

4 (tie). Detroit - 22 Championships 
One of MLB's oldest franchises, the Tigers have won the World Series four times, and the Pistons won back-to-back NBA championships in 1989 and 1990, before winning again in 2004. The Lions won four championships, all pre-Super Bowl. The 11 championships won by the Red Wings, one of the NHL's "Original Six," makes them America's most successful hockey team. Between 1950 and 1955, 23-time All-Star Gordie Howe guided the team to four championships. 
4 (tie). Los Angeles- 22 Championships 
With 16 championships, the Lakers are basketball's second-most successful team, after the Boston Celtics. But the franchise won five of those championships while playing in Minneapolis. Los Angeles has had a history of teams moving to and leaving the city—the Dodgers won one of their six championships while playing in Brooklyn, the Raiders, who spent 13 years in the City of Angels between stints in Oakland, won one Super Bowl in L.A., and the then-Los Angeles Rams won an NFL championship in 1951. The L.A. Galaxy have won two MLS titles, and the Anaheim Ducks and Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim have also won a championship each, both in the past 10 years. 

And stick this in your MSU pipe and smoke it Wolverines have 37 national titles and MSU 20 so GO BLUE MUTHA********

I hate bandwagon casual fans such as yourself Mr. Gore who bought this team just to say you own one and to hash a profit from it.  Kudos you made a few bucks but your no real fan of the franchise you purchase.  This some really sad stuff and your hair looks stupid you Tom Jones wannabe look alike. 

Detroit is every bit as good as LA if not better you Butt Wipe!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty DX I'm Mad As Hell!!!!

Post  WTF Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Needless to say when I read that **** it upset my stomach I got a knot in my belly.  This **** actually hurts to see how much disregard Gore truly has for what our teams accomplished.  I would understand if we didn't have a tradition of winning and competing that you would ant to bring in winners from outside but even then that should have it's limitations.

I never liked Gore from the moment he was mentioned as a potential owner because everything about him say's sellout,  he wasn't flying in to see Pistons games, or Lions and Tigers game neither Red Wing games and I honestly doubt he attended a MSU game. 

I was sad that Ilitch didn't get the team, hell I would have preferred the Fords getting it in either case of Ilitch or the Fords they would have been brought back to the city so I don't applaud Gore having them at LCA where they would have been anyway had Ilitch got the team.  It made my stomach hurt watching his ass at the ribbon cutting.  

Even in going outside the resources of past great players there were still better options than SVG and the way things are going he might as well kept Joe and allowed Cheeks to finish out his contract.   

I'm sure Magic got on the phone and was like Zeke this mutha offer me a job you should have, Magic didn't do it because he and Zeke are the best of friends but because there are lines that should never be crossed in matters of loyalty and Gores crossed it.  

I'm just out done, I'm lost on this mess.   I swear I hate that man
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty The RIGHT Stuff

Post  deusXango Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:01 pm

WTF wrote:Really the Pistons offered Magic a job and not Zeke and this shouldn't irk the souls of Pistons Fans.  What kind of crap is this and some my wonder why I'm less optimistic and hardly the homer for this team.  No loyalty from them so why should I be a loyal fan.  Gore was so far in the Lakers asses before buying this team so I'm not shocked by it.  This is only a business to him one in which he runs poorly screw Gore and the Lakers Boat that floated his ass back to Detroit.

Magic wrote:My friends bought the Detroit Pistons, Tom Gores, and a Michigan State guy. Come on home it would be a great story, I can't I'm a Laker.

Right a greater story than one that say welcome Zeke and Bill as President and Coach of the Detroit Pistons. Sorry but Gores is an ass and this shows he has no clue about loyalty, our tradition and that our championship meant very little to him because he was a Lakers Fan first and not a Pistons Fan.  I can see his punk ass sporting Lakers Gear all three times we faced the Lakers in the NBA finals.  This is sad but KUDOS to Magic for turning his stupid ass down.

So SVG says he's open to finding the right mix to his roster but in reading the article sounds like it already set before training camp even starts.  How do you pencil in 4 starters already?  What if Boban kicking Andre ass in practice daily does that change the thinking of SVG what if Kennard is showing signs that you might want to start him as rookie ala Prince/Rodman yet you hold him out because he's a rookie.  If Bullocks your best shooter then why are you guessing if he gets minutes at all.   No one on this roster should be a lock at starting or assured 30 minutes give me a break!!!!
Damn Wise, you're hitting on all cylinders this morning! Magic turned Gores down with a great insight about what professional basketball loyalty is all about, but the wisdom went right over his head. Magic is from Michigan, a Michigan State alumni, but a Laker when it comes to matters of professional basketball, no matter what! How the hell did all of the Pistons past greats escape Gores notice, but SVG, who didn't want anything to do with Detroit (his brother Jeff publicly panned the idea of SVG leaving Florida for cold ass Detroit) end up in his sights? Tom Gores had the money to buy the Pistons, but he doesn't have what it takes to be an owner of a storied franchise.

A "more of the same" rotation that doesn't have shooters (Bullock and Kennard) and scorers (Bullock, Kennard, and Ellenson) included in its plans, is trying to loose. Why not trade them from SVG's hell?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty STUFF!!!!!

Post  WTF Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:46 pm

Really the Pistons offered Magic a job and not Zeke and this shouldn't irk the souls of Pistons Fans.  What kind of crap is this and some my wonder why I'm less optimistic and hardly the homer for this team.  No loyalty from them so why should I be a loyal fan.  Gore was so far in the Lakers asses before buying this team so I'm not shocked by it.  This is only a business to him one in which he runs poorly screw Gore and the Lakers Boat that floated his ass back to Detroit.

Magic wrote:My friends bought the Detroit Pistons, Tom Gores, and a Michigan State guy. Come on home it would be a great story, I can't I'm a Laker.

Right a greater story than one that say welcome Zeke and Bill as President and Coach of the Detroit Pistons. Sorry but Gores is an ass and this shows he has no clue about loyalty, our tradition and that our championship meant very little to him because he was a Lakers Fan first and not a Pistons Fan.  I can see his punk ass sporting Lakers Gear all three times we faced the Lakers in the NBA finals.  This is sad but KUDOS to Magic for turning his stupid ass down.

So SVG says he's open to finding the right mix to his roster but in reading the article sounds like it already set before training camp even starts.  How do you pencil in 4 starters already?  What if Boban kicking Andre ass in practice daily does that change the thinking of SVG what if Kennard is showing signs that you might want to start him as rookie ala Prince/Rodman yet you hold him out because he's a rookie.  If Bullocks your best shooter then why are you guessing if he gets minutes at all.   No one on this roster should be a lock at starting or assured 30 minutes give me a break!!!!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Just Talking Draft.

Post  WTF Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:37 pm

We need to go back to 10 rounds in the NBA draft, after we make it 3 and out at least before you can enter the draft.  That would fix a lot of stuff and weed out a lot of the bad apples.  Did you know these clowns had 19 rounds at on time.  

Bill Laimbeer was selected #65 in the third rd in 1979 how sweet is that.  Pistons had 11 picks that year, 3 in the first round and 2 of those 3 were top 10 picks.  I guess we been doing stupid **** off and on for a long time because we wasted that pick #4 on Kelser sorry arse and pick #10 on some cat named Roy Hamilton that had a 2 year NBA career.

Who did we pass on? Vinny Johnson, Sidney Moncrief, Jim Paxson, Cliff Robinson, Calvin Natt, Mark Eaton. and of course Bill Laimbeer.  Sound like a winning squad.  I guess had they picked this way we would have never seen the likes of Zeke.  

I forgot we drafted Spud Webb the same year we drafted Joe, I liked Spud 

Antoine Carr, Cliff Levingston, Ricky Pierce, Larry Drew Players that we didn't hold on to after drafting

We have some interesting hit and misses over the years

NBA territorial pick maybe we need to bring this back as well.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty It A Madhouse!!!!!!

Post  WTF Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:44 pm

If Gore and SVG was throwing money at talent in the way Zeke and Dolan were I doubt if any of us would be here complaining,  His starting 5 was decimated by injuries Houston, Dice and Marbury.  Then he had seasoned vets Mutumbo might have been long in the tooth, Vin Baker wasn't a scrub and at one point we wanted David Lee and Narz was fresh off a championship season with the Spurs where he excelled and Jamal Crawford would wasn't some rookie bum.

Dolan and Zeke wasn't just tossing money to be tossing it at any oh players.  Here we have SVG and Gore handing out big contracts to under achievers. I wish we could get CB, Zeke, Bill, Sheed, Rick and Big Ben all back here in some capacity.  

Even Joe wasn't stuck on stupid in the beginning as a rookie GM/Pres we watch the team progress, we seen the pieces being added from the time we lost Hill to the time we won it all.   If any of you are my age then we seen the progress of the Pistons before becoming the Bad Boys and going to the Finals 3 straight years we don't see that with this bunch we haven't seen it since 2005 

What bugs me that we have had 5 lottery picks in the last 10 seasons three are gone (Monroe, Knight and Pope) and two that I don't think we need (Drummond and SJ) Sadly we bounce Middleton who drafted at 37,  Ask me if I rather have Middleton or Andre I dare you.  Ask me if I still rather see Monroe, Knight, Pope and Middleton as starters right now, go ahead I dare you.  Yes I hated Monroe to no end but I'll take him over Andre right now

Now we sit here with Luke who could have easily been a top 10 pick and Ellenson at 18, who SVG will like turn them into the next coming Terrico White and Austin Daye before it's all said and done.   

This team is sad and the last 13 years have been hell
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:31 pm

WTF wrote:When you look at the talent Zeke collected during his time in New York you would think they would have been a hell of a lot better.  The more I looked at the talent he had his teams suffered on the injury front big time. So I don't think it was bad GMing more than it was simply bad luck.  

Think about this he had Dice in 2003-04 the year we won.  If Dice was able to give Zeke what he gave Joe in 2005 who knows what Dice could have been for New York.   Allan Houston and Marbury backcourt that was just as productive as Rip and CB , a young Jamal Crawford.  There were some respectable pieces on that roster.  Injury kind of killed Zeke not that he was a bad GM.

Isiah Thomas did acquire winning type players and injuries destroyed NY's chances of success. I keep thinking that if Zeke did take over control of this team, his luck would change and the Pistons would be off to the races. If you watch NBA TV much, you would often be amazed at how Zeke is always the smartest analyst in the room. In the Series Basketball 101 he shows off why he was such a high basketball IQ player and how well he can communicate as a coach for young guys. Most of us trust him and that is big after what has happened with this Piston team in recent years. Very little makes sense relating to the composition of the current roster as well as past offensive strategy and for that matter defensive strategy. With the current highest paid athletes under contract and managements insistence on showing them off on the court as starters, this team will be handcuffed for another season. If Zeke were in charge, the owner group will not dare to interfere with basketball strategy and promote fake players to be team leaders.Players would be allowed to hold players only meeting again. (Just had to throw that in again) Zeke would quickly realize as I am sure he already has done so that you can't start two of the weakest defensive players in the league in AD and RJ and expect to have a fully functioning team. Then throw out Leuer as a starter, who might be the worst defensive power forward in the league, with Rj and AD and that spells doom. They would all be gone real quick if some of our old Piston stars ran this organization. They were smart, dedicated and were lucky. You need to have that luck to be a big winner and somehow I believe luck would be on our side if those guys took over and the Piston fans would go mad with excitement.

Would any of the Bad Boys take jobs with the Pistons if offered the opportunity? I think that Zeke is fed up with the way the Pistons looked last season. He does still care a lot about the City of Detroit and the team he put on the national map. Laimbeer could coach circles around any of the current coaches on this Piston coaching staff too.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty In Fairness To Zeke

Post  WTF Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:38 pm

When you look at the talent Zeke collected during his time in New York you would think they would have been a hell of a lot better.  The more I looked at the talent he had his teams suffered on the injury front big time. So I don't think it was bad GMing more than it was simply bad luck.  

Think about this he had Dice in 2003-04 the year we won.  If Dice was able to give Zeke what he gave Joe in 2005 who knows what Dice could have been for New York.   Allan Houston and Marbury backcourt that was just as productive as Rip and CB , a young Jamal Crawford.  There were some respectable pieces on that roster.  Injury kind of killed Zeke not that he was a bad GM.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Beat The Hell Out Of Me!!!!!

Post  WTF Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:03 pm

deusXango wrote:Would someone please share their thoughts on a trade of Reggie Jackson for the rights to Nickola Mirotic.

Before SVG was hired as Pistons coach, some fans held their noses at the thought of Bill Laimbeer and Rick Mahorn taking over as HC and his #1 assistant. "Why hadn't anyone hired Laimbeer before now? Coaching in the WNBA is a lot different than the NBA." Fans and local media were against giving Laimbeer a chance.

"Isiah Thomas has messed up in New York; he didn't do very well in Toronto, so what makes you think he'll be different in Detroit?" IMHO the greatest Piston alive should've been given first shot at being Tom Gores president of basketball...at least he wouldn't have fired Arnie Kander and Rasheed Wallace.

Would someone please share their thoughts on why the first thing Gores did was use the Pistons as a training ground for the unschooled to become franchise presidents.

Really we gave Curry a coaching job.  It pure insanity that Laimbeer can't get a coaching gig here. 

Zeke didn't do as well as one would hope but he had a plan, he threw money at talent that just didn't come together that **** happens to every GM.  For all his failures I still would prefer him over SVG.  If nothing else we would likely be looking at better talent on the floor especially at the PG position. As bad as things went with Stephon Marbury off the court he was something Reggie won't be and that's an All-Star and team leader.  You can't sneeze at Marbury career stats. 

Zeke put the talent on the floor it just never meshed together that **** can happen to Boston this season though there's plenty of talent there.  I assure you we would be a lot better off with Zeke and Bill somehow involved with this team.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next