Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM Empty FORUM

Post  Admin Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:27 pm

Going back to old format of just 1 main thread all on Pistons.

To enter the thread direct, just use [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Last edited by Admin on Sun May 26, 2013 1:58 pm; edited 16 times in total

Admin
Admin

https://detroitsportstalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Paul Traded to Clippers!

Post  Flip Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:36 pm

Anybody still out there? lol!

The NBA has traded Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Clippers in a deal that will pair star forward Blake Griffin with one of the game’s top point guards.

The league-owned New Orleans Hornets will receive guard Eric Gordon, center Chris Kaman, forward Al-Farouq Aminu and the Minnesota Timberwolves’ unprotected 2012 first-round pick in return for Paul.

As part of the deal, Paul has agreed to not opt out of his contract after this season – allowing the Clippers to keep him at least through the 2012-13 season.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Flip Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:46 pm

After messing around with some different designs/color schemes, I think this one works best. But going to use the old format from detnews, where its just one long continuos thread, with the newest post at the top. I think it'll be easier to keep discussion going that way.

Anyways, Clippers look like contenders now with Paul.

PG Paul/Mo Williams
SG Chauncey
SF Butler
PF Griffin
C Jordan

I think Chauncey is better off the ball now anyways at this point in his career. Thats a fine starting 5, with Mo as the 6th man. Just need some depth in the frontcourt now.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Reggie Williams Signs with Bobcats

Post  Flip Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:47 pm

That sucks. I really thought he would've fit great here. I think Joe screwed it up by dicking around with Stuckey. Now he might lose both.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Hey..I'm In!

Post  Rett Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:01 am

Thanks Flip!

Smile

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Stuckey..is he in or out?

Post  Rett Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:04 am

and what is taking sooo long?
Now..I will miss Rip, but if Stuck leaves just can't the same about him.

It's his "tude" more than anything!

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Rip Signs w/ CHI

Post  Flip Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:52 am

Good fit?
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Stuckey

Post  Flip Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:58 am

Rett wrote:and what is taking sooo long?
Now..I will miss Rip, but if Stuck leaves just can't the same about him.

It's his "tude" more than anything!

I'll miss Rip too, but he should have a better finish to his career with the Bulls than he would've here. I want to see him make another deep playoff run or two, so his career is looked upon better when finished.

Stuckey acts like he's Carmelo Anthony. He's gotta realize he's not a superstar and can't demand all this money. They gotta figure this out soon, because preseason starts Friday, and he hasn't even practiced with the new coaching staff yet. Even if he does sign, he's going to be way behind.

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Griffin/Jordan Video Reacting to Paul Trade

Post  Flip Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:11 am

Pretty cool. I can't wait to see this team.

Could there actually be a Clipper Dynasty? lol

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Good Move

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:21 am

Flip .. One Main thread works best ... good work .. Also .. I dont see many comments at the detroitnews .. Glad to see Chauncey wth CP3 and that dunking machine PF the Clips have ... Could work out well for Billups . when you have good PGs .. other good players look forward to joining your team .. Stuckey wouldnt take 8 million a year for 4 or 5 seasons .. FORGET HIM! HE came in here as a great pick by Dumars .. and looked like a great SG off the bench .. and our team totally destroyed his development and his attiude .. This is All on Dumars .. making Stuck play out of position .. and while playing with other players out of position .. And bringing teammates whose atttitudes towards NBA and teamwork SUCKS! More than a few very bad moves on Joe's part and he better not sign Stuck for over 8 million or that would be the ultimate bad move ... I was against Frank being hired but with him coming in here and preaching DEFENSE first . I take everything I said bad about him .. I think I was very wrong . but we will see .. Curry said a lot of great things too .. However ..the players are saying he is fixing their bad techniques in practice .. Always a good thing to hear... Expecting Frank to get the team back to Detroit basketball ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Flip This Does Make It Better

Post  WTF Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:00 am

So Happy Rett is here Very Happy Hey Booo

I say let Stuckey walk, he obviously believe he's better than he really is. I was so glad reading the Pistons denying they offered that 40-45 million deal when it should be more like 30-35.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Griffin/Jordan Video Reacting to Paul Trade

Post  WTF Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:04 am

I was wondering how Chauncey would fit. I think he'll be okay playing SG with CP3 at point.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Piston Talk

Post  FlyDog Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:04 am

High.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Flip

Post  WTF Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:23 am

We just need a refresh button and we're good.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Flip

Post  FlyDog Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:36 am

Also, is there a way to respond to a post title?
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Flip

Post  Admin Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:42 am

FlyDog wrote:Also, is there a way to respond to a post title?

I think the best way for now is to quote the post your responding to, and then copy/paste the title into the "post title" box. Until I can figure something else.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://detroitsportstalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:55 am

Nevermind Flip the refresh on my brower works just as well. I'm just hoping we can get everyone posting here man I miss everyone yapping already. I miss the arrogant tone of SHOW posting, the off the wall conspiracies of Rebuild, fighting with Ty and Sour Pee Boy.

What's really killing me is no Lions Talk....man I'm popped for these last 3 games. Trying to get tickets to the Chargers game next week but that would be like impossible.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Oops

Post  WTF Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:57 am

Not popped...I meant pumped
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:01 am

lol, I hear you. Hopefully we can reach the rest of them somehow. I'll keep an eye on the detnews forums to see if any of them post their fb, because then I send them the link here.

Did you hear about Suh?

Some O-lineman named Brock went on a radio show claiming the Packers guard was untying Suh's shoes in the pile! He did it 3 times, and thats why Suh stomped him. LOL
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty The Stuckmeister

Post  Murph Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:04 am

Good morning all you Detroit News Pistons Forum refugees. Man...I feel homeless. Hopefully, Flip's sight will retain the "critical mass" necessary to keep the conversation going through the whole season. Good work Flip!

On Stuckey, I've been one of his most loyal supporters, but even I'm getting fed up with the guy. I mean how much more can he bend Joe over for? The guy has no other offers. No other team seems all that interested at any price. Joe made a more than generous offer. Stuckey is practically guaranteed a ton of playing time. And he still won't sign. As a Piston fan, I'm starting to take this personally.

Let him take the qualifying offer. Or let him walk outright. Or try to get a first round draft choice in a sign-and-trade. I'm tired of the guys attitude. I mean what has this guy ever accomplished, aside from leading us to three straight losing seasons?

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Not Sure How To Use The Quote Button

Post  FlyDog Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:15 am

But I'll figure it out.

Wise- I'm waiting for a link to be emailed to me for the new Lions Forum with most of the same guys. I was there on Tuesday, but lost the link somehow. I'll post it here when I get it. So.............I knew that hyphenated cheater was cheating! Packer Bastard! I'm also pumped for the last 3 games.........this Sunday in Oakland is CRUCIAL.

Murph- Yeah.........that's some big money to turn your nose up at for a guy who really hasn't done all that much in 4 years except show some flashes. Has he EVER taken over in the 4th Quarter? Let me rephrase that.............Has he EVER taken over in the 4th Quarter, and lead us to a win?
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty The Stuckmeister

Post  WTF Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:35 am

Morning Murph and Fly

Stuckey really should be getting no more than 5 million a season you ask me. Kinda of what CB his first signing here, Stuckey numbers doesn't warrant 10 a season on a losing team. If those assist were around 9 a game and that scoring average was closeer to 20 a game then I can see it. But even then he never carried himself as a leader and SG's a dime a doesn't and I can think of 20 that are far better shooters. At this point Joe can have Arenas for 2 million if he put in a bid or brokedown Micheal Redd at the vets minumum and both are better outsider shooters which is what we really need at that position.

Joe should shoot that same offer to Affalo and see if he would accept it or if Denver would match. Stuckey has clearly lost his mind.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:03 am

If Stuckey drags this on Joe will be left without a plan B... all the $'s are locked into the cap hold or the latest offer... will this leave us with Daye as the backup SG?
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:06 pm

merc wrote:If Stuckey drags this on Joe will be left without a plan B...will this leave us with Daye as the backup SG?

In all seriousness, I think I'd rather see Willie Green play backup SG over Daye.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Where does the defense come from?

Post  merc Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:56 pm

So far a lot of the PS talk has been about defense... Frank talking about "paint consequences"... we were one of the worst defensive FG% team... with no shot blockers etc.
If the team gets better at D it will be more about coaching than talent... The same front 3 are in place...and Ben is one step closer to the porch swing.
Shot blocking can be overrated... remember how many times Amir would give up a rebound because he bit on every pump fake?... Ben on the other hand has been the master of intimidation (til recently)... he had that natural instinct of when to jump and when to lay back... his mere presence would alter shots... man it was awesome watching Ben hawk the ball while still keeping his man off the boards.
I don't want any pogo sticks on the team if they can't also play with leverage and anticipation.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next