Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
Murph
Phil-Good
merc
Oracle
Go Stones!
deusXango
cool breeze
WTF
12 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Jerry Sloan

Post  deusXango Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:19 am

Damn, for all you Jerry Sloan supporters for the Pistons coach, he'd be as old as Mike Illitch (which wouldn't be bad if he owned the team), and would be so out of place in this current regime. I don't see him jelling with Joe or Gores at all. The man is too old to be coaching now.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Workouts

Post  merc Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:50 am

Burke is only doing one on none workouts.
Yesterday MCW went up against McCollum at the Palace.
Ford has Burke going to the Pistons.
Wonder what input Mo Cheeks will have?
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty This was one of the best NBA Finals series ever played -- Comments regarding Joe Dumars and his picks in free agency

Post  cool breeze Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:35 am

Duncan's fist pounding on the court after missing two chances tells it all with this series. That is how close it was until that moment of the game. He knew it was over. But what a great competitor he is regardless of his age. I think the world was pulling for the Spurs to win that game and the championship. But the whore team won tonight and they earned it. Instead of Ray Allen standing with his comrades on the Celtics who won the championship, Ray became the whore who slid down to Miami to get another ring. But James was incredible over the last two games and especially tonight. I wonder if Charlie V was listening to Labron tell about how hard he works in the off season. Charlie never got that part of being a professional. But the real hero is Sean Battier a Michigan basketball player. What is it about this guy? He beat up on my Arizona Wildcats to win the NCAA championship. He was fantastic in last year's finals especially on defense. And in this game he was almost perfect both offensively and on defense. We all saw the way he made those 3 balls but he was the guy who made Duncan miss two attempts at the end. Too damn bad he has never been a Piston.

While watching Duncan hug Labron after the game, I had this thought comparing Duncan to Joe Dumars. There is no denying the fact that Joe Dumars was a great professional player. He did everything the right way as a citizen and as a player. And he was known in his playing days as being a real smart guy like Duncan. He worked hard on improving on his weaknesses throughout his career like Duncan. So my question was how in hell could he select players like Charlie V, Ben Gordon and Rodney Stuckey to wear the Piston uniform? What happened to Joe to allow those type of players to ever set foot in the Palace? Did Joe stop caring about basketball himself? For God's sake, it was really clear for many of us that those players did not give a hoot about anything but a paycheck. Charlie was not much different when he played for the Bucks. And Gordon even after his great playoff series for the Bulls was not a popular guy with his teammates or the coaching staff. Dumars drafted Stuckey but how could he not notice Stuckey's lack of interest in the team or the concept of trying to improve himself? Would Tim Duncan make that same mistake in failing to read players? I cannot believe that Duncan would ever agree to sign any of those three players. But Joe did and I wish he would tell us why before he adds any additional free agents to the Piston team.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Manu...

Post  Oracle Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:55 am

Manu Ginóbili loses two straight finals games with his careless turnovers in the 4th quarter!

Duncan should sue for lack of support!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Finals Prediction?

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:07 pm

No, I don't know who will win, either team is capable of beating the other!

What I do expect is that who ever wins, I don't think it will be close in the final minutes!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Good job posters. The draft is near. Go Spurs!

Post  cool breeze Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:59 pm

I really enjoy what you all have to say and especially this time of year. Thanks for your efforts.

Will Detroit get lucky this time around? I agree with some other posters that we will be lucky fans if Detroit has the opportunity to draft either Burke or Zeller. If it is Zeller, our Pistons will have an amazing 3 young talented players who have their own strengths and weaknesses right now. But being that we have suffered for long periods with warn out ineffective big men, the thought of having 3 young talented big men fighting it out for playing time would be exciting. And I am not forgetting the young Russian banger. That makes 4 big guys to give out hard fouls. If it is Burke, then we have a real play maker on the team who is a leader type. To be honest, I am not excited about any of the other players in this draft even those players picked to go in the top 5.

What a heart breaking loss on Tuesday night for the Spurs. But I do believe that if Duncan can have a monster game, the Spurs can win it. The Spurs lost this last game much like the Pistons lost to the Spurs when it seemed that Detroit would win the game that still stays with me. Rasheed was mouthing off and lost concentration on the baseline out of bounds play where Horry made that 3 point shot. How do you lose concentration and forget what your assignment is on that critical play? Damn it all! And the Spurs missing 2 free throws and the coach taking Duncan out on defense for two critical possessions by the Heat will make those Spurs players toss and turn for a long time if they lose tonight. If NBA TV ever re plays the Pistons-Spurs game I mentioned make sure you watch it. Prince was outstanding in that game. Detroit lacked that prime time guard coming off the bench in those days or that series would not have even been close.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Langolis on Twitter

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:49 am

@Keith_Langlois: Larry Brown called Joe D pre-'12 draft to push M.Leonard. "He told me he really liked him, but if Drummond was there, they were taking him."

@Keith_Langlois: Larry talked at length about Drummond. More than I fit in story. REALLY likes him. "You can't teach 7 feet and the things he does."

@Keith_Langlois: Asked me where Drummond would go in a redraft. "Probably 2nd," I said. "At least," he said. And he loves Anthony Davis, too.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Shawn Marion ...

Post  Sebastian Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:33 am

deusXango wrote:"More importantly, he represents the 13th pick in this years draft, and to those ends, I wouldn't give up on hoping for that deal to get done."-deusXango

Marion is an expiring contract next year (along with Stuckey and Villanueva) which we can use to make further improvements to the team, i.e. resigning Monroe, should he show us what we hope he will, playing alongside Drummond, and quite possibly be major players in next years draft. Failing to do that, we can sign a top tier free agent SF (since no one wants to sign Smith this year, and I'm not in favor of signing Iggy as a SF).

DX, if I were Joe or Gores I would pass on the Shawn Marion and 13 pick trade offer that has been rumored, as I have read that the Mavericks are also interested in acquiring a future (2014) 1st round pick, in addition.

Why not get Houston's Morey on the phone, to discuss the possibility of taking Terrance Robinson (last year's #5 pick) off of their hands? This will give US a player that is: 1) young; 2) out to redeem himself; and 3) a guy who can probably grow in the SF position.

Note: T. Rob looked halfway decent, during last season's Las Vegas Summer League where he played a lot on the perimeter.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Larry Brown: Cheeks ‘A Star'

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:22 am

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Monsters

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:46 am

merc wrote:Ball don't be lyin'...

That's too funny!!!

Just like Frankenstein's Monster, Sternenstein's Monster, LeBron, had a creator!

LeBron didn't just start flopping for fun, he did it in response to the way fouls were being called on him! If the refs were going to call phantom fouls and fouls when people breathed on him, then flopping was inevitable!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty The flopmeister

Post  merc Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:20 am

Ball don't be lyin'...

merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Oracle, this is what Marion's true worth is and why

Post  deusXango Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:12 pm

"More importantly, he represents the 13th pick in this years draft, and to those ends, I wouldn't give up on hoping for that deal to get done."-deusXango

Marion is an expiring contract next year (along with Stuckey and Villanueva) which we can use to make further improvements to the team, i.e. resigning Monroe, should he show us what we hope he will, playing alongside Drummond, and quite possibly be major players in next years draft. Failing to do that, we can sign a top tier free agent SF (since no one wants to sign Smith this year, and I'm not in favor of signing Iggy as a SF).
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Would you draft Hardway Jr...

Post  Oracle Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:55 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty DX: You absolutely don't give up on these players

Post  Oracle Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:39 pm

I was 100% with you until you hit Marion! Marion?

It's not that I wouldn't mind having him at SF, but didn't he play with the Washington Generals? No, not those dudes in last century, I mean the REAL George Washington Generals in the 1700's?

That dude is ancient, just turned 35!

I know he still has a little game left, and I would do the deal with Dallas, but come on, I'd give up on him for a ham sammich!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty You absolutely don't give up on these players

Post  deusXango Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:19 pm

Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond: All the crystal ball owners who've seen this combination not working because of this and that should go get a refund; the fact is they, as well as Pistons fans, deserve at least one full season, under astute coaching, playing together, before passing judgment. The proof is in the pudding, not in "Joe Blow's" imagination. None of us know what this summer's efforts may yield.

Brandon Knight: This is a hard working kid, who just wants to compete to the best of his abilities; you don't throw that away because you can't fit him into a starting spot. That's not his fault...he didn't draft himself! He's a highly skilled combo guard, of high character, who has a high ceiling still. He's not a diva, nor is he a locker room distraction; he's not a coach "killer" with an undeserved sense of entitlement. Let's see if Cheeks can guide him into becoming the perpetual 6th man of the year.

Khris Middleton: Of all the surprisingly outstanding 2nd round picks that has come into the league and excelled beyond expectations, this young man seems to represent the Pistons turn to be gifted with such a player. Middleton can flat out ball and for those that know the game, they can see it! Not needlessly fancy, just precisely efficient. Not a ball hog but, plays within the confines of the offense. He possesses a high basketball I.Q. and is gifted with genuine NBA SG size. He is an excellent ball handler, and shots from mid-range to 3 pt. distance for a high percentage. I don't see any SG's in the first round with better overall size & skills.

Kyle Singler: This rookie (last year) actually has two years professional experience going into next season, and is one of the smartest players on the team, a team sorely lacking in basketball smarts for years. Quality bench play is as important to a teams success as is it's starters, coaching, and a supportive management team; Singler can be invaluable as a bench contributor for years to come. He's realistic about his role on a contending team, and he's a better than capable shooter.

Slava Kravtsov: Big men with an attitude, who can deliver 6 good, hard fouls, are something that every team covets, especially coming from the bench. $1.5 million is a bargain for that in todays market. This is a "dirty work" player we can keep and still have room for another quality big to play with Monroe and Drummond. All things considered, I think he's equal to Villanueva for what's expected. He damn sure plays "D" and can rebound.

Shawn Marion: This is a player that we don't have and may never have but, I had to include him here because of his worth to the franchise, if we could get him. If we could put up with Maxiell starting for two years at PF, we certainly can use Marion at SF for one, until we can obtain our starting SF of the future. More importantly, he represents the 13th pick in this years draft, and to those ends, I wouldn't give up on hoping for that deal to get done. Two key pieces for the price of a couple of 2nd round picks is a "no brainer, I would hope, even in Joe's book.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Acquiring Rajon Rondo ...

Post  Sebastian Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:50 pm

Oracle wrote:
Sebastian wrote:I wonder, if Danny Ainge would be interested in the following trade proposition:

Stuckey and B. Knight for Rondo.

FORUM - Page 14 Stucke12

I'm sure he would be, but it's dumb for us!

Can you or anybody guarantee that Rondo will play next season? How about at the level he was playing at? How long will he last(20-30 games?)

That's very risky, trading away two guards for 1 injured guard?

Seb, your GM credentials have just been canceled Smile

Yo, Oracle, I really wasn't promoting a trade of Stuckey and B. Knight for a still injured Rondo, but just interested in gauging what the interest would be in this trade proposal from my fellow, Pistons Pals; considering the level of vitriol, here and other places that has been targeted to OUR guys, Stuckey and B. Knight.

For the record: Oracle, your response has been duly noted. Very Happy
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Oracle Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Sebastian wrote:I wonder, if Danny Ainge would be interested in the following trade proposition:

FORUM - Page 14 Stucke12

I'm sure he would be, but it's dumb for us!

Can you or anybody guarantee that Rondo will play next season? How about at the level he was playing at? How long will he last(20-30 games?)

That's very risky, trading away two guards for 1 injured guard?

Seb, your GM credentials have just been canceled Smile
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty A word to Mo Cheeks

Post  deusXango Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:39 pm

The flip-flop story has run it's course already; Detroit sports writers need more than this to stimulate their creative juices and getting their thoughts flowing.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Acquiring Rajon Rondo ...

Post  Sebastian Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:33 pm

I wonder, if Danny Ainge would be interested in the following trade proposition:

FORUM - Page 14 Stucke12
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty This is a head scratcher for a logical mind

Post  deusXango Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:23 pm

What is Shabazz Muhammad to become in the NBA, a SF or SG? Does he have the hops, rebounding skills, speed, and athleticism to be a successful SF? Is he quick enough to defend on the perimeter, and have the ball-handling skills to play SG against the good to better SG's in the league? Based on what I saw in his only college season, I really have not conclusive answers; I know that it would be poor judgment to take his high school hype over what I've seen of Khris Middleton on the court.

With the record we posted, the last four years, and our need for a PG (not an experimental, transforming player) is essential, now that we have two developing quality big men, why would we pass on the best PG in this draft, because his height is 1.5" shorter than what some consider the ideal "size" while totally ignoring his 6' 5" wing span? If he only had a goose neck like Chris Bosh, he would be 6' 3"; would that change his game?

The #13 pick that Dallas holds, rumored being available, is gaining steam; for a team that may not have a first round pick next year, wouldn't it be in our best interest to pursue that pick and let that sh!t about there not being any franchise changing players in this draft go? Both Monroe and Drummond could use a veteran presence and Marion has some game left (at least one more year for us before his contract expires) and that's an additional bonus.

In what is termed "a weak draft" how can college players be held in higher esteem than highly ranked players with pro experience, albeit limited or inconsistent PT? Although Middleton was a 2nd round pick, the consensus of opinion was he could have been a lottery pick, if not for an injury; he's healed and rehabbed so why can't he get any love? Healthy with PT he's shown that he can produce with increasing efficiency.

What to do with the 8th and 13th picks? How about Burke at #8 and Tony Mitchell at #13? If Burke is gone then so is Bennett, so we can't ignore Zeller at #8. With Burke or Zeller at #8, who has a problem with Mitchell being a lottery pick? Is that a stretch or a good move for us? What could he learn from Marion in a year?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty We're officially in trouble

Post  Oracle Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:46 am

FORUM - Page 14 BNDQ4hNCAAAk3Yt
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Stuff

Post  Oracle Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:11 am

@Phillip - It was Ray Allen that saved their asses! I still can't stand to see that whining crew win! LeBron just looks so sad when he crying about a call,,, effing grow the [email=f@$k]f#$k[/email] up!

Burke - There a few legitimate reasons to pass on Burke, but the excuse given in this article, IMO, isn't one of them!

2013 NBA Draft: Detroit Pistons Need To Consider Possible Consequences Of Drafting Trey Burke
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Miami you lucky son of A BITCHES!!

Post  Phil-Good Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:08 am

Joe:Joe:Joe:Joe:Joe:Joe:Joe:Joe:Joe:Joe
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Absolutely...

Post  Oracle Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:41 pm

CLASSIC!!!

merc wrote:
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down