Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
Murph
Phil-Good
merc
Oracle
Go Stones!
deusXango
cool breeze
WTF
12 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Pick #37

Post  Sebastian Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:37 am

Tony Mitchell! Joe is alive!!!

Joe
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Hell Yeah!

Post  WTF Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:36 am

Man how sweet would that be with Sheed on the bench with Cheeks. Man I'm loving this almost take away some of the pain of not drafting Burke
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Hot Tweets

Post  Oracle Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:25 am

@vgoodwill: RT @FisolaNYDN: Rasheed Wallace is in talks with the Detroit Pistons to join Maurice Cheeks coaching staff, the Daily News has learned.

On picking Mitchel, Monroe & Drummond tweet

@M10OSE: Steal!

@DRE_DRUMMOND_: Big time steal right there!! Great pick @detroitpistons

More Sheed
@vgoodwill: Sources confirm report about Sheed possibly joining the #Pistons coaching staff with Mo Cheeks
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Lagolis Welcomes KCP

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:47 pm

Welcome, KCP: Pistons add size, athleticism and deep shooting with Caldwell-Pope

From that article:
"“He had to carry a huge load with his program down at Georgia,” Dumars said. “One thing we liked about him is that he knew he couldn’t take any nights off with his team and so he brought it every night. There was not one night he wasn’t out there trying to get it. He’s got a really, really high motor and he’s trying to get it every night. That just jumped out to us. This is not a guy who’s taking nights off.”

Dumars also said Caldwell-Pope’s defensive tenacity was appealing.
“One other thing we really liked about him in particular is this is a kid who plays both sides of the ball,” he said. “He’s a fierce defender and a great 3-point shooter and can really get out and fill a lane. We feel like we didn’t have enough of that.”

Dumars said Knight will continue to play both positions and also said that the quest to add size, athleticism and 3-point shooting won’t stop at Caldwell-Pope."

I'm liking this pick!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Merc

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:28 pm

merc wrote:
Oracle wrote:

BTW, does anyone know where Goodwill came from before he got the beat writer Job?
Pretty sure he came from the Salvation Army

I ask because after following this dude on Twitter I find that he is horribly arrogant, insulting to fans, and generally a total ass hole!

You would think a professional would be above the petty crap he engages in, but he isn't!

I used to defend him a lot, but now I can't stand the dude! That's why I asked, because I'm trying to figure out how a clown like that got that job!

Edit: Here is a shining example of Goodwill on Twitter as he tells a fan to Sit Yo Ass Down! Granted the fan called him a shill, but who's the professional?

@vgoodwill: #blocked #sityoassdown RT @UMich38: You would have defended Joe if he would have taken just about anyone. What does he have on you, shill?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty KCP

Post  lemonpen Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:26 pm

Maybe this will turn out to be one of those bitter sweet turn of events. TB go's on to be the fab player that a Playa of the Year should be, but KCP does so well here that we're left with few regrets. I look forward to BK7 and KCP clicking right away.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:18 pm

Oracle wrote:

BTW, does anyone know where Goodwill came from before he got the beat writer Job?
Pretty sure he came from the Salvation Army
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:34 pm

I think the RIP comparison is the best even though he's a good 3 point shooter.

Arnie believes that ball handling is something that can be improved over time, although I didn't see him improve RIP's shaky handles Smile

It sounds to me like Joe & Cheeks had a sit down with Knight and told him that he HAS to commit to making this transition and that Cheeks will help him!

I see Stuckey being a key to making this transition work because KCP most likely will need to be phased in over 3/4 of the season, but shooting translates exceptionally well to any level!

I see the logic in passing on Burke, but I still believe Joe passed on him because of his size, and if true, that's not a good enough reason to me. But it is what it is!

Two interesting things so far as it relates to what we all talk about.
1. Burke will be able to extract revenge on Joe because he'll be playing for one of the biggest Piston killers... the Utah Jazz!

2. We'll also be getting a solid dose of MCW playing in Philly, so we'll be able to see how he does up close!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Joe D via goodwill via twitter

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:18 pm

@vgoodwill: Joe D on Trey Burke: "This isn't a popularity contest. We had needs, we were desolate on the wings." #Pistons

@vgoodwill: Sounds like if not KCP, it would've been McLemore. They felt the need on the wing outweighed any "need" at point guard

@vgoodwill: #Pistons finished 22 in 3-point attempts and 24th in makes. Dumars intimated this team should be able to run as well

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty The future

Post  deusXango Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:57 pm

If Joe doesn't draft a PG that means he and Cheeks are not giving up on Knight (which is alright with me) and now it's a must he signs an alpha SF this summer. Josh Smith is now coming back into view; I'm still sold on Al-Farouq.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:52 pm

You read my mind about #37.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty KCP

Post  WTF Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:51 pm

While Caldwell-Pope will bring us offense and defense, he does have his weak spots. Most notable is his ability to finish at the rim, and perhaps just as much of a concern is a need to improve his ball-handling skills.

Well he sounds like a Rip more than a Reggie. I wanted Burke but I won't die over Joe not picking him. we still need a PG and if Ray McCallum Jr. is there hopefully Joe pull that trigger.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Langolis

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:46 pm

@detroitpistons: Here's @Keith_Langlois' player preview of Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (@CaldwellPope1). #Pistons http://t.co/QArsNQwUh2 #KCP
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Wise, the night is young

Post  deusXango Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:45 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Murph wrote:I can't believe Joe didn't take Burke.

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope???

Wow...first Joe passes on Kemba Walker, then he passes on College Player of the Year, Trey Burke.  WTF?

He better hope Pope is the next freaking second coming of Reggie Miller.
Wise, I ain't giving up hope until this whole donnybrook is over; Minnesota doesn't need Burke as much as a SG...maybe they take Stuckey and #37?

Oh sh!t, I just heard about the Utah trade. DAMN!!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Seb

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:38 pm

Sebastian wrote:Me and Joe are simpatica. Great pick! Fills need. Start Stuckey (PG); KCP (SG); bring B. Knight off or bring Stuckey off, either way, sprinkle in a little Middleton, the back court rotation is set.

I actually like the pick because now we have some excellent floor spacing and our defense just got a lot better.

Cast you peepers on this article, because it told me a lot more about KCP than I knew before, because I didn't know that he was 2nd behind Victor in some defensive categories!

Detroit Pistons select Kentavious Caldwell-Pope with 8th overall pick
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty KCP!!!

Post  Sebastian Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:34 pm

Me and Joe are simpatica. Great pick! Fills need. Start Stuckey (PG); KCP (SG); bring B. Knight off or bring Stuckey off, either way, sprinkle in a little Middleton, the back court rotation is set.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:33 pm

In just to see the Wise reaction... did not disappoint... sorry bro
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty UN-F@CKING BELIEVABLE!

Post  WTF Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:30 pm

Murph wrote:I can't believe Joe didn't take Burke.

Wow...first Joe passes on Kemba Walker, then he passes on College Player of the Year, Trey Burke.  WTF?

He better hope Pope is the next freaking second coming of Reggie Miller.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty KCP over Burke?

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:29 pm

Wow, that's a bit of a shocker to me, but I guess either this will be Stuckey's last year here or they just punched his ticket for a trade!

This also ends the Knight experiment at SG, and depending on if Calderon is signed, Knight may be first guard off the bench or remain a starter!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Burke???

Post  Murph Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:27 pm

I can't believe Joe didn't take Burke.

Wow...first Joe passes on Kemba Walker, then he passes on College Player of the Year, Trey Burke. WTF?

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Burke should fall to us!!!!

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:13 pm

But if McLemore is there... tough decision!

Goodwill reporting on twitter that McLemore is going to SAC, which means Burke will absolutely be there!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Burke

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:11 pm

WISEFAN wrote:First 4 picks surprise surprise.  I think we end up with Mclemore or Burke looking at how things are going.

We'll know after this pick and see if Burke's promise is true from New Orleans.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty WOW!

Post  WTF Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:04 pm

First 4 picks surprise surprise. I think we end up with Mclemore or Burke looking at how things are going.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty We're dependent on...

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:24 pm

What others do above us! We certainly haven't been rewarded for NOT tanking!

We keep getting screwed by believing that we're actually winning games at the end of the season!

When will these clowns realize that they're letting us win so that they can get a better lottery position!

Sucker punched yet again...
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Focus Joe D

Post  deusXango Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:13 pm

With less than a half hour until the actual draft begins and the speculation ends, I hope Joe adjusts his antennae, fine tunes his mind, and come away from thinking that a combo guard or tweener forward will be the answer, when they are nothing more than an ingredient for failure; #8 is a good lottery pick, use it for what it's worth.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next