Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
Murph
Phil-Good
merc
Oracle
Go Stones!
deusXango
cool breeze
WTF
12 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Just before the first name is called, tonight ...

Post  Sebastian Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:12 pm

Of the players that I am thinking will be available at #8:

I am revealing my hopefuls, not in any particular order:

SG- Shabazz Muhammad [Scores in different ways; wants to be great.]
PG- C. J. McCollum [Intellegent player and kid; flatout shooter; great handle.]
SG- Caldwell-Pope [A straight-up shooter and can guard the position.]

Would not be pleased with, but could grow on me by Training Camp:

PG- Burke [A little too small and takes hard hits and falls.]
PF- Zeller [Plays reckless and below the rim.]
PF- Bennett [Question his health and conditioning.]

Would probably never grow on me:

PG- Michael Carter-Williams. [An Austin Daye replica.]

Now, let's see who WE are going to add to OUR roster with the #8 Pick.

Enjoy!

Joe

Me and Joe are simpatica. Great pick! Fills need. Start Stuckey (PG); KCP (SG); bring B. Knight off or bring Stuckey off, either way, sprinkle in a little Middleton, the backcourt rotation is set.

Last edited by Sebastian on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:34 pm; edited 5 times in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Don

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:19 pm

"We fans are so innocent while huge quantities of cash continue to flow in many areas within this league called the NBA." - Don

It's the same thing they do to pit Americans against other Americans! While we're at each others throat, boat loads of cash are being taken away and we don't seem to notice it!

Hell yeah the money in the NBA is a problem, and that contact that you say is legal shouldn't be, the conflicts of interest are HUGE!

This may explain why so many lower draft picks can't get any respect(let alone PT)!

If Burke and Zeller are off the table, then I would then select from the following which most here don't like. This is based on assumptions that we don't have full knowledge about. Also, I fully agree with Stones when he said,

"Joe D should get the "needed position" player in free agency" - Stones

1. Shabazz Muhammad - The bottom line is that we do need scoring! He has problems, but scoring isn't one of them! Hopefully he's had enough of the off the court crap and he's young enough to get him pointed in the right direction.

2. Michael Carter-Williams - Our guard situation is at best "Unsettled"! We know Knight is SOLID, but we have to admit that we aren't sure where to slot him yet! That means we need to give him some competition or give him a complementary player. Burke would be the competition, MCW is the complementary player, but he doesn't provide shooting and we certainly don't need more turnovers at the guard position. He's a smart player and will learn, but only if we can't get a floor spacer.

That's all I've got, but I expect that both of these guys will be there!

Unfortunately Burke's stock is too high to believe he'll be there especially since it's rumored that he has a guarantee to get picked before us!

I do think that Zeller could easily slip, but his stock has risen a bit as well!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty If Burke and Zeller are off the table ---

Post  cool breeze Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:17 pm

Unless there is some big surprise where someone falls to Detroit and those two players listed above are gone, then I would take Muhammad regardless of the hype about his assist total at UCLA. This guy is a proven scorer from inside and outside. Watching NBA TV today, there were 3 experts who agreed that Muhammad will become a starter in the NBA because of his scoring ability alone. Detroit needs that kind of player. We might get a similar player by trade or free agency but it seems to me that so many of the players in this draft are not really great at anything and Muhammad has a great NBA body and fantastic shooting ability. I have watched him play in person twice and noticed that he never forced anything and always played smart even on a UCLA team that had many distractions relating to other players on that team. Will Joe draft him?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty How much impact do agents have relating to power and control of the NBA?

Post  cool breeze Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:03 pm

The Big 5 are allowed to contact individual head coaches relating to playing time. That is not a violation if you didn't know. So if a player like Charlie V might be unhappy he calls his agent from the locker room who then calls his coach. Agents are usually the source of most leaks when a confrontation exists between a coach and player or other things that impact the player. A powerful agent can cost a head coach his job. Why is contact allowed between coaches? Sometimes things do not make sense for us fans as we watch players who look like they are not all there during games. How much interaction takes place between the front office of the NBA and powerful agents? Is there any evidence of agent contact with NBA refs? Has this had any effect on officiating relating to contact between agents or front office people with refs before games? Is there any under the table money being transferred by agents to coaches or to refs? It seems that a lot of work is required to keep the NBA clean. Is this job being done?

1. Arn Tellem $273 Mil 45 players
2. Jeff Schwartz $197 M 34 players
3. Dan Fegan $149M 26 players
4. Rob Pelinka $139M 20 players
5. Happy Walters $133M 24 players

We fans are so innocent while huge quantities of cash continue to flow in many areas within this league called the NBA. Do agents bargain with GMs saying if you will give say Maxiell or Bynum a new contract I will talk with my stud guy(a player in high demand) and see if I can get him to sign with the Pistons?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Burke

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:13 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Last Minute Draft thoughts...

Post  Go Stones! Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:11 pm

*Joe D and Cheeks may want to see what the guards can do under Cheeks' leadership before they start drafting a bunch of PGs.

*Joe D should draft best player and not for needed position.

*Joe D should get the "needed position" player in free agency.

*We will continue to expect SOOOO much out of this year's lottery pick...to only be disappointed somehow in the end.

*Joe D went with players who have won (A1, CV, Ben Gordon) in the past (college too) but he now knows not to trust that.

*Joe D will be VERY careful not to draft a short PG...remember he had to improve defensively to overcome Zeke's short stature for many years.

*I don't see Joe D giving anyone a max contract...I think he wants someone who is ALMOST a max contract, but talks them into something less.

*I believe Joe D will draft either Bennett, Zeller, OO or Porter. Notice there are no PGs in there. Can you imagine if we can replace Maxiell with a lottery pick?

*Joe D's nature is to do the plans behind the scenes and not get media to play too much a role in the trades until they are over.

*Joe D has learned his lesson after drafting Darko (bad maintenance, poor work ethic, spoiled), White (punk) and Cleaves (MI player who got hyped up for leadership)....I hope.

That is all. Enjoy the show.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Kudo's

Post  deusXango Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:59 pm

Murph, I'm going to ask that you forgive me for my lack of timeliness but, that was a tremendous post you made regarding the PG candidates; I agree with what you said 100%. Joe should stay away from MCW and CJ with the 8th pick; that wasted pick would also represent the full acceptance of a lost season, filled with futility. Excellent, excellent post Murph!

Don, I was wondering who the hell was Grant Jerrett, because I never heard you mention him, now I know; he's an over rated nobody. I feel your pain over Soloman Hill, however I read somewhere that the Pistons were considering taking him with #56. Vernon Macklin was taken at #56 also but, didn't get any consideration from Lil' Larry; hopefully we do take a chance on Hill and Cheeks is more open-minded with the handling of this young man.

To all the dedicated forum faithful, enjoy the draft and all the hoopla that goes with it.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Big men are still in high demand

Post  cool breeze Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:39 pm

I believe this thought will rule for the teams with the top 5 picks. There are no sure fire All Star skill players in this draft. So I suspect that Len and Zeller will go by the first 5 picks. Damn it all! I was hoping that maybe Zeller would slip down to the Pistons. Hope that I am wrong.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:30 pm

Murph wrote:From all the stories that the local Detroit media is putting out there, it looks as if Joe is about to take another PG.  I'm getting the feeling that Joe's draft board looks something like this:

1.   Trey Burke
2.   Michael Carter-Williams
3.   CJ McCollum

Now, before Don jumps down my throat because I'm disrepecting his favorite player, Brandon Knight, let me point out that this is not MY draft board, this is what I think Joe's  looking at.

This raises some serious points.  It suggests that Joe considers Knight to be more of a SG or a combo guard than a PG, and that he's about to give up on Knight at the point.  And it also suggests that Stuckey might finally be on the way out of town (not my wish...Joe's).

Furthermore, I have serious reservations about both MCW and MJ McCollum.  Someone said that MCW is the PG verion of Austin Daye.  I've been thinking the same thing.  I'm not sure why I'm not crazy about MCW.  Maybe it's the physical resemblence to Daye.  Maybe it's his high TO rate.   Maybe it's his low FG%.  Maybe it's because he was a 21 year old freshman as 'Cuse.  Maybe it's the fact that I think the Pistons have other bigger needs than another PG, such as perimeter defense (Oladipo), or an upgrade at SF (Porter).  But I'm just not feeling it with MCW.

And as for CJ McCollum....is this guy a PG at all?  Aside from the fact that he's only 6'3, there doesn't seem to be much else that would indicate that he should be a PG in the NBA.  He only dished 2.9 assists per game for Lehigh...which ranked 2nd on the team.  Lehigh's PG last season seems to be Mackey McKnight, not CJ McCollum.    I mean how many "not quite PGs" do we need on the Pistons???

And as I've pointed out several times, Lehigh plays sub-par competition in the Patriot League, and is not exactly a basketball powerhouse.  Lehigh only played 2 real teams all year.  They lost by 22 to 19th ranked Baylor, and they lost by 25 to unranked Pitt.   They didn't even win their own patethic league, and they didn't even get a bid to the NIT, let alone the Big Dance.  Geesh.  

And what are the odds that lightning is going to strike a third time?  We've already seen Steph Curry develop into an excellent NBA PG, after he came out of Davidson with many questions.  And then we saw Damian Lillard develop into an excellent NBA PG after he left unheralded Webber State.  

But how many times can that happen?

Anyway, my point is, I hope Joe isn't fixing to take MCW or CJ McCollum.

Great post Murph! We all know that MCW's stock went up in Chicago. I watched some of that stuff and noticed that Burke was not really trying to impress anyone while MCW was really trying to impress. Anyone who bases much of anything on that combine needs to have their head examined. But Joe has done this before. He noticed Maxiell and he loved Rodney White and decided that Rodney was a better player than Joe Johnson at that combine along with his chat with Michael Jordon. You need to base your picks on how well players did in actual battle.

One example of how foolish some of the reporters and the so called experts are involves two players that I have watched play every game this season. Both played on Arizona. One player, Solomon Hill was the most important player on the team. He drew the toughest defensive assignment and actually guarded point guards as well as power forwards. And he was an outstanding defender in every game. Although Hill was supposed to play small forward his senior season, he sucked it up and filled the coaches need playing power forward although he had intentionally lost 25 pounds so as to play small forward or shooting guard. It turned out that two of the freshman on the team couldn't handle the job on most nights. One of those freshman, Grant Jerrett, was step slow on both defense and offense. He came off the bench all season and his minutes declined as the season moved forward. On most nights, Hill was either the best player on the floor for either team or among the two best players. He made most of the key shots especially getting key rebounds and making tough 3s at the end of games. So as I look at most draft boards, Hill is not among even the 2nd round anticipated picks. Yet Grant Jerrett is listed in the middle of the pack in the 2nd round. Grant decided to enter this years draft because Arizona has two McDonalds All American big men coming in who he feared would beat him out of a starting job. There is no doubt that they would do that too. The only thing Grant has to offer is outside shooting and he didn't really prove he was reliable at that this past season. He can spread the floor like Charlie V. He runs slow like Charlie. Solomon Hill will make a rotation on an NBA team if he doesn't play in Europe. He is a tough no nonsense player who shows up every night. I really feel for him. He did everything the right way and the experts have ignored what actually happens on the floor. That is why Burke should prove to be an outstanding NBA player.

I am unlike many other Piston fans in my worries. I worry most about our big men. We need a big man who is athletic and comes to play hard every night. The Pistons lost games last season because of lack of interior defense and lack of rebounding and shot blocking ability. If I am Dumars in the last year of my contract, I would be plenty worried about that fact. Who is willing to get their ass beat at the end of games in the paint? Our guys last year didn't mind it seems. We have the same group coming back unless Detroit drafts a big man or signs a big man. Will we see Joe's combine destroyer, Jason Maxiell again next season? He was good enough to start so what does that tell you about our big men? Will Drummond crash and burn this season? Can he stay out of foul trouble? Will he be in proper shape? Will Monroe stay in the paint on defense or watch the action from the free throw line when he is on defense? All this talk about guards failing to do their jobs is silly when compared to the Piston big men. It is just more exciting to talk about point guards.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty In other news...

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:24 pm

This might be a stroke of genius or it could also be a case of the blind leading the blind Smile

Shaquille O’Neal apparently plans to mentor DeMarcus Cousins
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Stuff

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:19 pm

@Wise - I really like it when you take the time to be thoughtful and reflect you opinions the way you did in that post! We agree in so many areas, and as I see the opinions of our fellow posters, I have to recognize that there may also be red flags that you guys see in the draft that I'm not seeing(more on that later).

@Murph - I'm not feeling CJ either! I also believe that while you don't always need a pure PG, you do need a PG that possesses a lot of pure PG qualities, and we don't have that in Knight yet. I'll be sick if Joe drafts CJ.

@DX - Good thoughts! Sometimes it's good to know what you shouldn't do as well as what you should Smile. You have an excellent list and the only one I wouldn't put on the list is MCW.

@Lemonpen - I think you hit the best of Wise's suggestions, and reflects my views before the draft.

Best and Final Draft thoughts

1. Do whatever it takes to get Trey Burke! If we can move up, we need to do it, hoping that he drops isn't a good strategy, we need to be proactive! Burke could possible be the engine that unleashes the potential of our bigs, and that is where the action is for us now!

2. If you can't get Burke, I bow to the wisdom of my fellow poster, and it's a lot of you(Don, DX, lemon, Wise & Murph), MCW should not be taken! Instead, I think we go big and grab Zeller! My objections to Zeller were that I don't see him playing center and never down low fighting NBA bigs! But if he plays PF mostly and uses his range to space it out for Monroe or Drummond, I think we get a solid athletic player that complements our bigs!

3. Going big if Burke isn't there gives us plenty of opportunity to gamble on a PG in the 2nd round where Joe does have a history of finding a few gems!

So the final tally is... drum roll
1. Burke
2. Zeller
3. See DX's list of who NOT to get and pick best player available. I'll trust you guys on MCW! After all, I only saw his run through the final four, so I really don't know him all that well!

This draft is bad enough, please don't select anybody with bad character or a poor work ethic!

Happy Drafting!!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Things Pistons Should Consider

Post  lemonpen Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:32 pm

WISEFAN wrote:1. Trading drafts picks with Boston to acquire Rondo.  Boston is heading toward rebuilding and need draft picks and cap space and we have plenty of both.  As long as they have Rondo the C's remain a playoff threat.

2. Find away to move up in the draft so they'll have a shot at drafting Burke.  I'm convinced and seems other are as well that this kid is what the Pistons need.  Burke could be our next Zeke or Chauncey.   Ding !! Ding !! Ding !!

3. Start moving players to acquire additional draft picks
More picks from a consensus "poor" draft or a future draft ?

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:19 pm

-Moving Stuckey and Jerebko for their maximum value. How about getting into next years first round over another player (unless it's Vasquez)?
-Not drafting Burke if Zeller's on the board also, and securing McCallum, no matter what it takes.
-Pursuing Al-Farouq Aminu in free agency and avoid the temptation to go after Iggy (declining skills) or Granger (severely damaged goods).
-Keeping Knight and grooming him to be our "6th man starter" ala Manu Ginobilli, Jason Terry, Jamal Crawford, J.R. Smith.
-"Sliding" Middleton over to SG from SF, starting with summer league play.
-Not bringing back Calderon, Maggette, or Maxiell.
-Pursuing a trade for Grievis Vasquez.
-Allowing Cheeks to coach the team without Joe's influence i.e. keeping Stuckey and demanding that Cheeks feature him prominently in the offense (starting PG).
-Keeping Kravtsov and English for one more year.
-Allowing Singler to play backup SF exclusively.
-Beginning contract negotiations with Monroe and his people A.S.A.P. to know exactly where the organization stands with keeping him at a fair price.
-Firing Joe if he doesn't comply with all of the above.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty As I stumble toward the finish line

Post  deusXango Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:26 am

It's occurred to me more than once (in the back of my mind) that it's more important who we don't draft than who we do. A lot of the hype has been based on reflections of failures of the past, i.e. Bennett, because Maxiell was such a disappointment, likewise with McCollum, because Knight failed to clean up the mess Stuckey made trying to transition from combo guard to PG; none of the so-called favorites have leadership abilities except Burke (and fans hate on him because he's measured at 6' 1", totally overlooking his heart and mental toughness). Failing to land Burke with #8 (Joe tends to stand pat) our next best bet is slated to go in the second round and may be available to us; McCallum.

The players I think would be "spinning your wheels" picks to flat out busts, in no particular order, are:
Andrew Bennett-a freshman who did not lead his team anywhere near national contention, and if he went back for his sophomore season, may end up being another Tony Mitchell or James Thomas McAdoo, especially with the crop of players entering college this fall. There's a kid out of high school who I rate higher and his name is Julius Randle. Not only does the rotator cuff bother me, he has a history of extensive medical problems.

Michael Carter-Williams-at 6' 6" he's 5 inches taller than Trey Burke, but given his competitive demeanor, heart and drive, he's head and shoulders shorter than Burke! I personally don't like the look of this guy in a Pistons uniform; he's not the second coming of Dave Bing, Kevin Porter, Isaiah Thomas, or Chauncey Billips. He's more like, well nobody we've had to succeed as a Pistons PG. (That Phantom of the Opera like smile I find kind of eerie also, and I know it has nothing to do with basketball.) IMHO this is not the second best PG in the country.

C.J. McCollum-at #8? Are you kidding me? After Knight was taken in the lottery (from a more competitive conference) with more hype as a PG (when we knew better) he floundered badly in the NBA for us. Damian Lillard was last years blip on the radar, not to be taken as the norm; this kid ain't no Lillard!! This kid's a combo guard and we've had our run with combo's; they were tried and found wanting more than productive. They couldn't transition into pro level PG's and were limited as SG's, for various reasons, and that's what McCollum fits the bill for, failure and wasted time. That's poor decision making for #8 when better can be had.

Shabazz Muhammad-when you're coming out of an excuse riddled freshman year, and the most that can be said about your potential is what you looked like coming out of high school, that's red flag enough for me, no matter how many points you scored. How many assists did he average? How many rebounds did he average? What about his blocked shots? Steals? Do those numbers represent one of the top SF's (now we want to call him a SG) in the country? 27 assists is deplorable! You've got to work real hard at not giving up the "rock" at least once a game! 5 rebounds? With his size and strength, he should have been able to pick up at least 6 loose balls, instead of his own Moses Malone type offensive rebounds off his own missed shots. We don't need another one dimensional, one trick pony, selfish player.

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope-I have nothing against this young man other than I feel he's a watered down version of Khris Middleton. We would be spending a lottery pick on duplicating a player we got in the second round, who's progressing quite well, by the way. Waste of pick and money.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:10 am

1. Trading drafts picks with Boston to acquire Rondo. Boston is heading toward rebuilding and need draft picks and cap space and we have plenty of both.

2. Find away to move up in the draft so they'll have a shot at drafting Burke. I'm convinced and seems other are as well that this kid is what the Pistons need. Burke could be our next Zeke or Chauncey.

3. Start moving players to acquire additional draft picks
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Oh Brother Here He Goes Again

Post  WTF Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:53 am

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Okay you win this debate facepalm

Wise, the real truth is that neither of us knows where this stuff will end up.

Will Knight make the transition? I think so, but truthfully, I don't know, but I do know that you can't tell yet, but you also can't afford to keep trying something unless the results start to show!

Rookie contracts are designed to do just that, so all I'm saying is let's live up to the contract and see if he can do the same! If he can't, only Grizz would be saying that we don't need to move in another direction.

BTW, the same goes for Monroe, he's going to have to show improvement in the midrange to justify his next contract.

We know less about the draft prospects than we do about anybody else, so while you can get excited(we all do), we also have to temper that with the reality that most draft picks don't pan out like you might think they would.

You could be right in the long run, and I'll be the first to give you props if you are, but it's way too early to call game, set, and match for a lot of our youngsters!

The one thing about Burke is that if we can get him, it will force a decision one way or another a lot quicker! Neither Burke or Knight will back down from a competition, and I think the Pistons and the Fans will get a great show and some awesome wins!

You're right Oracle neither one of us really know how it all plays out. I just don't hold the same amount of confidence in Knight as you do to consider it being a risk to trade him this early and the same with Monroe.

While I love everything about what I think Burke could bring to the team there is always the possibility of him coming up short in the NBA, but I've literally watch every single college game this kid played to convince me other-wise. I was sold on Burke when many were still doubting this kid, unfortunately it was nothing about Knights game in college or the pros that excited me.

We'll all know soon enough tonight what Joe will do as far as the drafting goes. If Burke is gone by the time we draft I hope Joe goes after Zeller. Don't get me wrong on this because I'm not totally against Knight being our PG but I'm not against improving that position.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Joe's Draft Board

Post  Murph Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:25 am

From all the stories that the local Detroit media is putting out there, it looks as if Joe is about to take another PG.  I'm getting the feeling that Joe's draft board looks something like this:

1.   Trey Burke
2.   Michael Carter-Williams
3.   CJ McCollum

Now, before Don jumps down my throat because I'm disrepecting his favorite player, Brandon Knight, let me point out that this is not MY draft board, this is what I think Joe's  looking at.

This raises some serious points.  It suggests that Joe considers Knight to be more of a SG or a combo guard than a PG, and that he's about to give up on Knight at the point.  And it also suggests that Stuckey might finally be on the way out of town (not my wish...Joe's).

Furthermore, I have serious reservations about both MCW and MJ McCollum.  Someone said that MCW is the PG verion of Austin Daye.  I've been thinking the same thing.  I'm not sure why I'm not crazy about MCW.  Maybe it's the physical resemblence to Daye.  Maybe it's his high TO rate.   Maybe it's his low FG%.  Maybe it's because he was a 21 year old freshman as 'Cuse.  Maybe it's the fact that I think the Pistons have other bigger needs than another PG, such as perimeter defense (Oladipo), or an upgrade at SF (Porter).  But I'm just not feeling it with MCW.

And as for CJ McCollum....is this guy a PG at all?  Aside from the fact that he's only 6'3, there doesn't seem to be much else that would indicate that he should be a PG in the NBA.  He only dished 2.9 assists per game for Lehigh...which ranked 2nd on the team.  Lehigh's PG last season seems to be Mackey McKnight, not CJ McCollum.    I mean how many "not quite PGs" do we need on the Pistons???

And as I've pointed out several times, Lehigh plays sub-par competition in the Patriot League, and is not exactly a basketball powerhouse.  Lehigh only played 2 real teams all year.  They lost by 22 to 19th ranked Baylor, and they lost by 25 to unranked Pitt. They didn't even win their own patethic league, and they didn't even get a bid to the NIT, let alone the Big Dance.  Geesh.  

And what are the odds that lightning is going to strike a third time?  We've already seen Steph Curry develop into an excellent NBA PG, after he came out of Davidson with many questions.  And then we saw Damian Lillard develop into an excellent NBA PG after he left unheralded Webber State.  

But how many times can that happen?

Anyway, my point is, I hope Joe isn't fixing to take MCW or CJ McCollum.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty For real folks

Post  deusXango Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:00 am

This draft is all about media hype, more than anything else; over half of what I'm hearing doesn't make any sense at all for the teams involved.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty NBATV: Don will like this...

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:38 am

NBATV has us taking Shabazz Muhammad, Burke going 7th to the Kings!

They describe Burke as not having any of the athletic ability, but possessing the, gulp, intangibles.

The other guy said that they underestimate Burke's capability and that he will make their athletes better!

Bottom line: Nobody knows WTF to make of this draft and the best they can do is pull stuff from out of their arses!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:17 am

WISEFAN wrote:Okay you win this debate facepalm

Wise, the real truth is that neither of us knows where this stuff will end up.

Will Knight make the transition? I think so, but truthfully, I don't know, but I do know that you can't tell yet, but you also can't afford to keep trying something unless the results start to show!

Rookie contracts are designed to do just that, so all I'm saying is let's live up to the contract and see if he can do the same! If he can't, only Grizz would be saying that we don't need to move in another direction.

BTW, the same goes for Monroe, he's going to have to show improvement in the midrange to justify his next contract.

We know less about the draft prospects than we do about anybody else, so while you can get excited(we all do), we also have to temper that with the reality that most draft picks don't pan out like you might think they would.

You could be right in the long run, and I'll be the first to give you props if you are, but it's way too early to call game, set, and match for a lot of our youngsters!

The one thing about Burke is that if we can get him, it will force a decision one way or another a lot quicker! Neither Burke or Knight will back down from a competition, and I think the Pistons and the Fans will get a great show and some awesome wins!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:18 pm

Okay you win this debate facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Yikes, that brown stuff is on your face... again

Post  Oracle Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:25 pm

WISEFAN wrote:BTW, when was the last time a pure PG was in the finals, and when was the last time a pure PG won a finals?  If you look at the champions over the last 10 years or so, pure PG led teams lose more than they win! Spectacles may need adjusting! It's not just about pure PG's! - Oracle

This is that selective reading and memory you love displaying when you want to prove a point. It really doesn't matter when a Pure PG last won a championship that never mean part of the discussion.  Plus I never made such a claim, BTW I make the same or similar argument for trading Monroe - No, but you're the dude that posts stuff like "Over Valuing Perimeter Defense", which does have a stellar record in winning championships, then when I point out that you're "Over Valuing being a true PG", which doesn't have that correlation, you post stull like this!

Either you all have a bad case of the Warm & Fuzzy's or you all Chicken **** about trading Knight because he might be great somewhere else based on over-stated potential.  There's not really much factual about over-stated potential you just simply believe Knight will one day get it slightly insane considering he hasn't caught on one inkling in 2 seasons. - No, you can't read! I said I don't know if he will get it, it's not my business to do anything except watch and observe, which I stated, again, read before you post, it keeps the chicken stuff to a minimum! You're the one with the hard on for stuff, and it's so hard you can't see the words, and can't think through the logic, but you're yapping none the less!

Let's just stick with the immediate facts here: 1. Joe doesn't have that sense of hope in potential as you and others do about Knight again proven further by the FACT we're talking about drafting a PG.  2. Any thoughts to resigning Calderon say's the same. 3. Both Joe and Cheeks talks more about reviving Stuckey play more than the potential of Knight getting better than what he is.  - And this is important to this conversation for what reason? See the other answers!

Sorry Oracle but potential is not fact.  What is a fact about potential is that no matter what, or who we draft they will all have potential.  It's your Warm & Fuzzy for Knight that make you think he's better than MCW, Burke, CJ even though it's obvious that all three have higher ceilings and are already better floor generals. -   My god man, please make up your mind! Potential is not a fact? What is it.. fiction? Get a freaking grip, the ONLY fact available to your arguments is potential, so you better hope it's a fact!

BTW, back here on earth, we have this bad habit of believing most of what we see, and last I checked, I haven't seen MCW, Burke or any of those other dudes lace up in the NBA... that's a fact(please take notes)! 

Where do you get this obvious "fact" that not only do all of them have higher ceilings than Knight, but are better floor generals(maybe you can patent that warm and fuzzy generator)? Ceilings for what? Also, only two of the 3 you mentioned were floor generals in college, CJ's biggest question is can he transition, and MCW is the best pure PG with Burke being the better overall of the 3(IMO) in a college setting!

Oh well, here we go again, LOL!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Yes Warm And Fuzzy

Post  WTF Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:42 pm

BTW, when was the last time a pure PG was in the finals, and when was the last time a pure PG won a finals? If you look at the champions over the last 10 years or so, pure PG led teams lose more than they win! Spectacles may need adjusting! It's not just about pure PG's! - Oracle

This is that selective reading and memory you love displaying when you want to prove a point. It really doesn't matter when a Pure PG last won a championship that never mean part of the discussion. Plus I never made such a claim, BTW I make the same or similar argument for trading Monroe

Either you all have a bad case of the Warm & Fuzzy's or you all Chicken **** about trading Knight because he might be great somewhere else based on over-stated potential. There's not really much factual about over-stated potential you just simply believe Knight will one day get it slightly insane considering he hasn't caught on one inkling in 2 seasons.

Let's just stick with the immediate facts here: 1. Joe doesn't have that sense of hope in potential as you and others do about Knight again proven further by the FACT we're talking about drafting a PG. 2. Any thoughts to resigning Calderon say's the same. 3. Both Joe and Cheeks talks more about reviving Stuckey play more than the potential of Knight getting better than what he is.

Sorry Oracle but potential is not fact. What is a fact about potential is that no matter what, or who we draft they will all have potential. It's your Warm & Fuzzy for Knight that make you think he's better than MCW, Burke, CJ even though it's obvious that all three have higher ceilings and are already better floor generals.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Who will make the playoffs from the Eastern Conference next season?

Post  cool breeze Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:19 pm

Will this draft have any impact on who will make the playoffs? Who will Detroit need to beat out for the 8th spot? Is it possible for Detroit to improve that much? Will the Bucks and Boston go on a free fall opening up potentially two new teams entry into the post season? Will Cleveland with 2 first round picks including the number one overall and the first pick in the 2nd round suddenly become a playoff team? The Pistons have a chance to move on up to the big time. That is why I am concerned that some of the old vets like Stuckey, Charlie V, Maxiell and Bynum could hamper the Pistons chances to develop into a tough team by next spring. Will the Detroit team that starts the season have perhaps to or three new faces before the trading deadline? Dumars job is at stake so there should be no fooling around with keeping his pet players for another season. He has to practice tough love so this could be one of the most exciting seasons for Detroit in a long time.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty What can WE honestly get for Stuckey?

Post  lemonpen Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:54 pm

Better draft position.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next