FORUM

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This guy

Post  deusXango on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:15 pm

Matt Moore, clearly doesn't want J-Smoove or Iggy to come to the Pistons for some unknown reason, but he made it sound good. "The power of the devil is in his tongue." Tom Gores doesn't have to know a damn thing about how the game of basketball is played, as long as he's signing as many basketball checks as he does; he's allowed to DEMAND results and there are people paid to respond to those demands. First it was Karen Davidson, now it's Tom Gores; we need to cut that bullsh!t out and look to the basketball people to get things done, and done right, without all the excuses!

This last draft was widely talked about as being a weak draft, from top to bottom, so I don't know why we think we can compete with who we drafted, because they were good and promising draft picks; they need grooming and the grooming process is going to take from 2 to 3 years, and doing this time they come off the bench! We're building around Monroe, remember? (Fans talk that nonsense about trading him, but he was the foundation to build on a couple of years ago.) Drummond is an exceptional physical specimen and very gifted athlete, but Monroe is the lone big with the pro experience; he will soon yield leadership to Drummond, but in reality, this is a sophomore player who averaged 20 minutes a game for his rookie campaign, and that campaign consisted of less than 60 games. The dumbass coach responsible for that waste of talent and time is gone, but none the less, Drummond is going to have to learn how to play with Monroe, not the other way around. (I can hear the butt holes tightening up from here.) Josh Smith and Andre Iguodala are two reliable veteran pieces to bring in to push Monroe, straighten out the twisted locker room, suppress the negative effect of Rodney Stuckey, push players like Mitchell, Middleton, Singler, and Caldwell-Pope to become the best they can be, and allow Knight to find his way as our PG. This is going to be necessary, because Drummond and Monroe are going to need them to be at their best when their time to rule comes, and Iggy and Smith are all played out. Right now they make more sense than starting Prince and Maxiell, plus Drummond should be a starter this year! Who the hell thinks Tayshaun and Maxey were just as good or better than J-Smoove and Iggy? Our projected starting lineup and a stronger game coaching mind at the helm, with a smarter and more talented bench will make a difference we've yet to envision. The playoffs are doable, and the second round is possible.

Oracle, I got a little long winded with your answer, but the only other option is what I had been talking about, and that is to take a gamble on more players to grow with; Al-Farouq Aminu and Greivis Vasquez who although they are promising and progressing, won't get us into the second round of the playoffs, providing they got us there. I like Gores attitude, and I'm pleasantly surprised with the way Dumars is handling his business; can't wait to see how this all shakes out and what Cheeks does when the ball is in his court.
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2746
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Do you want to have 2nd thoughts?

Post  Oracle on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:25 pm

I didn't, but after reading this article(see below), I'm having 2nd, 3rd and even 4th thoughts!

The biggest elephant and problem in the room is a basketball ignorant owner(Gores) that is pushing all of the wrong buttons and has Joe between a rock and a hard place.

What's the difference from a mandate to win and a mandate to improve and get it right? Well, it's a whole lot of bad decisions that could set you back for years and destroy a promising core!

Destruction is of course, the worst case and isn't likely, but getting set back for years is frighteningly easy to do!

So, I'm calling on some of the basketball minds I trust... you crazy dudes, to take a look at this article and see if you have any 2nd thoughts because this guy lays it out pretty clearly!

Why are the Pistons pursuing Josh Smith and Andre Iguodala again?
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6035
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Memo to all the Iggy supporters

Post  deusXango on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:21 pm

Andre Iguodala would make a great addition to our team.....with another piece! Back when it was apparent we'd need an overhaul of major proportions, I suggested Joe go after Josh Smith and Andre Iguodala, as FA's. There is a contingent of fans who believe that Cheeks want to be reunited with Iggy, also. In spite of the few of us who want Smith brought on board, there is still a loud voice screaming about not giving him a max contract. $20+ million is $20+ million; it's not so important where you spend it, as much as how you spend it, and I'm hoping Joe spends it wisely this time.

We've all named our favorite players to be signed, but they've not always been wise choices; the two best FA's (not including Paul and Howard) are Smith and Iguodala. Those are the wise choices.

Cheeks may want Iggy, but at 12:01 A.M. Joe was entertaining Josh Smith with a FA offer; it's no doubt in my mind who Joe thinks the most of. Joe's made his pitch, and it had to impress Smith, plus, where's he going to find a finer franchise to play for and a better duo up front to be plugged into? All things considered, I don't think the money discussed is about max; during the sales pitch, what if Joe mentioned that Iggy may be here also, if there's enough money to sign him (hint, hint!). Iggy is up next and if the feeling is mutual, he has no problem coming to Detroit to play for Cheeks. I expect that come July 10th, we'll have a contending team put together and it won't matter that we gave up our 1st round pick to be free of Gordon.

With the addition of Iguodala, Stuckey will have to go, just like Jerebko's days as a Piston will be over; those expiring contracts should be traded for 1st round draft picks next year and not players. The acquisition of those two FA's should put a plug in all the trade Knight talk; Phillip Boy could be plugged into the starting PG role and this would be a 50 win team, so let Knight learn how to run things, with first class talent.

I don't want to hear how Smith is a PF and Iggy is a SF, or any other discouraging, smartass, negative remarks when Joe seems to be doing his unexpected best to get us back into contention; our Detroit Pistons would feature Drummond @ center, Monroe @ PF, Smith @ SF, and Iggy @ SG; this is the starting unit Knight will be charged with leading. I would expect Middleton, KC-P, Siva, and Mitchell to receive the majority of rotational time to develop, but I could be wrong with that.
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2746
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Low Blows. 1 Point Deduction. Go To Your Corner

Post  lemonpen on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:17 pm

cool breeze wrote:
cool breeze wrote:The Big 5 are allowed to contact individual head coaches relating to playing time. That is not a violation if you didn't know. So if a player like Charlie V might be unhappy he calls his agent from the locker room who then calls his coach. Agents are usually the source of most leaks when a confrontation exists between a coach and player or other things that impact the player. A powerful agent can cost a head coach his job. Why is contact allowed between coaches? Sometimes things do not make sense for us fans as we watch players who look like they are not all there during games. How much interaction takes place between the front office of the NBA and powerful agents? Is there any evidence of agent contact with NBA refs? Has this had any effect on officiating relating to contact between agents or front office people with refs before games?  Is there any under the table money being transferred by agents to coaches or to refs? It seems that a lot of work is required to keep the NBA clean. Is this job being done?

1. Arn Tellem    $273 Mil   45 players
2. Jeff Schwartz $197 M    34 players
3. Dan Fegan     $149M     26 players
4. Rob Pelinka    $139M    20 players
5. Happy Walters $133M  24 players

We fans are so innocent while huge quantities of cash continue to flow in many areas within this league called the NBA. Do agents bargain with GMs saying if you will give say Maxiell or Bynum a new contract I will talk with my stud guy(a player in high demand) and see if I can get him to sign with the Pistons?


Just wondering if one of the above agents represents KCP. Do any of you know? If so, which agent? And does that agent represent any of the free agent players? As more than a few NBA people outside the inner circle of people who make money in the league believe that agents actually control most of what happens, I was wondering if a GM might select a player in the first round or even second round on the basis of politics thinking an agent might do a favor for a GM if they select their player in the draft. We all know that destinations like Orlando, Miami, Houston, and Dallas are the places agents like to place their players because those states do not have a state income tax. This is huge for agent commissions and players wealth. Cal. has a 14 percent state income tax. Does anyone know what the State income tax is in Michigan? Imagine signing a contact with the Lakers and then being traded to Dallas. Those players must get pretty excited when they get their paycheck in those states with no state income tax. Huge advantage for those 4 teams and agents must ask for more money from GMs on the high tax states to make up for that. Not to worry though regarding our Piston free agent signings. We will get the rejects because our management is prudent. We will get Kevin Martin and Will Bynum. Won't that be exciting? I can't wait for Cheeks to watch Bynum in practice. He will crap his pants.
Alright, who wee wee'ed in your cornflakes. You're piling it on B4 the reclaimation project of 2013 gets very far out of the starting blocks.
avatar
lemonpen

Posts : 930
Join date : 2011-12-27
Location : Southfield, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:27 pm

cool breeze wrote:The Big 5 are allowed to contact individual head coaches relating to playing time. That is not a violation if you didn't know. So if a player like Charlie V might be unhappy he calls his agent from the locker room who then calls his coach. Agents are usually the source of most leaks when a confrontation exists between a coach and player or other things that impact the player. A powerful agent can cost a head coach his job. Why is contact allowed between coaches? Sometimes things do not make sense for us fans as we watch players who look like they are not all there during games. How much interaction takes place between the front office of the NBA and powerful agents? Is there any evidence of agent contact with NBA refs? Has this had any effect on officiating relating to contact between agents or front office people with refs before games?  Is there any under the table money being transferred by agents to coaches or to refs? It seems that a lot of work is required to keep the NBA clean. Is this job being done?

1. Arn Tellem    $273 Mil   45 players
2. Jeff Schwartz $197 M    34 players
3. Dan Fegan     $149M     26 players
4. Rob Pelinka    $139M    20 players
5. Happy Walters $133M  24 players

We fans are so innocent while huge quantities of cash continue to flow in many areas within this league called the NBA. Do agents bargain with GMs saying if you will give say Maxiell or Bynum a new contract I will talk with my stud guy(a player in high demand) and see if I can get him to sign with the Pistons?


Just wondering if one of the above agents represents KCP. Do any of you know? If so, which agent? And does that agent represent any of the free agent players? As more than a few NBA people outside the inner circle of people who make money in the league believe that agents actually control most of what happens, I was wondering if a GM might select a player in the first round or even second round on the basis of politics thinking an agent might do a favor for a GM if they select their player in the draft. We all know that destinations like Orlando, Miami, Houston, and Dallas are the places agents like to place their players because those states do not have a state income tax. This is huge for agent commissions and players wealth. Cal. has a 14 percent state income tax. Does anyone know what the State income tax is in Michigan? Imagine signing a contact with the Lakers and then being traded to Dallas. Those players must get pretty excited when they get their paycheck in those states with no state income tax. Huge advantage for those 4 teams and agents must ask for more money from GMs on the high tax states to make up for that. Not to worry though regarding our Piston free agent signings. We will get the rejects because our management is prudent. We will get Kevin Martin and Will Bynum. Won't that be exciting? I can't wait for Cheeks to watch Bynum in practice. He will crap his pants.

cool breeze

Posts : 2548
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:04 pm

Oracle wrote:19 firefighters killed in Arizona blaze; 'Our entire crew was lost'

Thanks Oracle. This is a sad day for Arizona. Very dangerous conditions for fire fighters here right now. We have had record high temperatures with low humidity for the entire month of June. This past weekend the temps in Phoenix reached 118 degrees with 113 in Tucson. It has been so hot at times that planes couldn't fly. I still managed to get my runs in and bike a little by going out really early. Some runners like this heat because they are training for the ultra run in Death Valley where the temperatures average in the 130s for a significant part of the race. There is something for everyone.

cool breeze

Posts : 2548
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Vincent Goodwill's article is another plant by Joe Dumars to get the fans ready for another season with Bynum and free agent Kevin Martin and other stuff

Post  cool breeze on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:48 pm

If any of you watched the playoff you must have noticed how ineffective Kevin Martin was. But Joe wants him. First off, he is another defensive liability. Why in hell would Joe Dumars do the same thing over again by signing a free agent with obvious flaws? Why because he needs cover for his first round pick who is not ready to step in as a starter. Middleton is a much better choice than Kevin Martin as the starter. God, here we go again. As Goodwill has his nose up Dumars behind this must be what is going to happen. And it looks as if we will see Dumars circus act, Bynum, in a Piston uniform again. Won't that be fun? Maybe we can have another horrible season and then give our first round pick to the Bobcats to remind us of that great trade Joe made last season when he traded Gordon. And as Goodwill stated, don't get too excited Piston fans. Management is not about to get into any max contract talk with any free agent. We will sign the scrubs because that will cost a lot less money. We must remain financially flexible don't you know. We are in good hands Piston fans. Dumars is doing a great job of building a team. If Dumars signs Bynum again, that will mean that he has no understanding of what happened last season. And it will mean that the Pistons third round selection will not get a contract or will not make the team. Martin and Bynum fill Joe's needs.

Watching NBA TV this morning, I watched as two experts stated that they thought that the Timberwolves came out the best of all teams in this last draft. Yes, they picked Burke and traded him for a shooting guard and a center. And I doubt that Minn. is worried at all about Muhammad coming right in and making a huge impact for their team.

If the above is not bad enough news for Piston fans all of the experts say that next season will be a special key draft year where there will be some really outstanding players entering the draft. How is Joe positioned for that draft? If Martin and Bynum play for the Pistons next season, I guarantee Detroit will suck and we will see our first round pick go to Charlotte.

Another thing I heard by the grape vine regarding why Joe traded Billups for Iverson. It seems that at the time Billups had talked to some outside people as well as his teammates about the mistake Dumars made when he drafted Darko. He couldn't believe that Dumars drafted Darko. Billups recently stated to the press that the Pistons would have remained a great team for years if Dumars had drafted one of the stars that were available at the time of that draft. And it appears that the snitch who over heard Billups talking was none other than Michael Curry. Billups then gets traded and Curry becomes the head coach. Dumars doesn't allow critical talk from his players. Maybe Affalo was listening to Billups so he had to go as well.

Why has Dumars never told us why he gave away Affalo to Denver? The Clippers really want him but they have not said anything about Joe's guy, Stuckey. Why did Joe give away Affalo? Why did Joe give away Affalo? And why did he give away Budinger? Did he give away both of those players to make room for Daye?????? Joe hates it when this subject comes up. Keep talking about the facts Piston fans. Maybe the owner will look stuff up to confirm what we are saying.

One final comment for the day. While watching NBA TV, I had the privilege of seeing Isiah Thomas talk about free agents and the various NBA team needs last night. Thomas sure seems to know a lot. He made some statements about the difficulty of playing point guard referring to Chris Paul at the time. Zeke really gave some insight on how the point guard has to try to keep other players on the team happy. In other works, the point guard's teammates are always critical of the point guard because they never believe that they get to touch the basketball enough on offense. He really went into a lot of detail on this subject. I came away thinking that Thomas is one smart guy and would be a upgrade for the Pistons over Joe Dumars. Don't be surprised if that doesn't happen if the Pistons such again this coming season.

cool breeze

Posts : 2548
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Next Shoe to Fall

Post  lemonpen on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:34 pm

Wonder how many decisions have to be made on the player movement front before it gets down to the level of guys that we will attract. Will our long dough be enough to draw an impact player into JD's web. How much of an impact player do we need now to obtain the 8th spot.
avatar
lemonpen

Posts : 930
Join date : 2011-12-27
Location : Southfield, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stuff

Post  lemonpen on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:54 pm

Ok, Joe has secured Stuckeys full contract value.   I guess that also makes him a more valuable trade piece if a situation presents itself.

I hope D. Ho and CP3 make early decisions cause I doubt anyone else of consequence will move until then.  Opps, just announced, CP3 stays with the Clips.

Looks like there might be some outside interest in WillieB.   Or, could that be his agent fluffing the pillow.

Count me in as unexcited about our rumored interest in bringing Jose back.  

I hope Pope is already good enough to start.   Felling rather lukewarm about the 2nd round'ers making any contribution at all.

Other than Sheed have there been any announced or rumored additions to an empty coaching staff.
avatar
lemonpen

Posts : 930
Join date : 2011-12-27
Location : Southfield, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

WE are in Joe's head.

Post  Sebastian on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:27 pm

avatar
Sebastian

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2011-12-16
Location : Durham, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What about Charlie V.?

Post  Sebastian on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Oracle wrote:Here's what Joe is thinking, I just don't know if he can pull it off!

 He wants either Josh Smith or Iggy, and in that order! If he accomplishes that, he's got his(non-stretch 3) SF. Let's assume the best(no Iggy), and here's what we have!

Starting: Drummond, Monroe & Smith - I don't know about you, but if I see these three dudes, the odds of me getting my ass kicked is pretty high! Defensively in the playoffs, this is a group of players that can lock down the middle and can score in the post almost at will! With a solid PG, I find it hard to believe that you can defend Drummond, Monroe & Smith! One of them is going to score almost every trip down the court, and I don't see a team in the NBA that can stop it!

Joe is feeling confident about bring back Calderon, so it's going to be Knight to the bench on some nights, other nights it's Stuckey! If Knight wants the starting PG job he's going to have to beat Calderon out for it, and if he can't he doesn't deserve it, plain and simple! Joe knew he was going to get Calderon, so he wasn't interested in drafting a PG, he has one better than Burke although longer in the tooth!

Between Calderon, Knight & KCP, you have the floor spreaders to open up the middle for Monroe, Drummond & Smith! Even the 2nd unit of this team is devastating! This could be a 50 win team, but it's absolutely a playoff team!

PG: Calderon/Knight/Stuckey/Siva
SG: Stuckey/KCP/Knight/English - Order not determined
SF: Smith/Middleton/Mitchel
PF: Monroe/Smith/Mitchel
C: Drummond/Slava/Monroe

English & Siva may get caught up in a numbers game, but Siva could be sent to dev league, English may be gone, especially if Joe looks at Collison!

As I said, this is based on what could happen, but you can replace Smith with Iggy for all but the PF role, that's why the full court press for Smith because he fills more slots!

Just curious, Oracle, where does Charlie V. fit in your projection. Is he amnestied?

avatar
Sebastian

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2011-12-16
Location : Durham, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Holy Crap, Don, stay safe!!!

Post  Oracle on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:56 pm

19 firefighters killed in Arizona blaze; 'Our entire crew was lost'
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6035
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DX

Post  Oracle on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:53 pm

You sound reasonable!

I too am lukewarm to Calderon returning, and I do think they will explore a few other options, but it's likely Calderon will come back.

It's probably not a bad thing because Calderon can spread the floor really good, and if things go as planned, he won't start every game.

Another reason Josh Smith is important is that the path to the championship can only be cleared by beating the best team in your conference.

Josh Smith is a potent weapon against LeBron! He'll make LeBron work on both ends and he has no fear of LeBron(remember Prince?). I have to watch myself because I'm warming up to this move way more than I should because it could blow up in Joe's face.

There is another Smith on the market... JR Smith!

JR is very talented and I love his game... I just want to love it somewhere else! We're building a solid core here and we don't need any head cases!

BTW, if we can land Josh and Sheed becomes an assistant, I think we can legitimately start printing playoff tickets!!!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6035
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

One fans opinion

Post  deusXango on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:06 am

Oracle, many others and myself included, were banging the drum for the frontline lineup of Drummond, Monroe, and Smith, but then there were those great minds that saw it couldn't work because they all played inside (offensively). Why anyone would think they'd be so confused, they'd resort to playing such stupid basketball, is beyond me; these are professionals, playing for professional coaches, so why would interior spacing be a problem? I'm on the same page as you; that frontline would be awesome for any offense in the NBA to face. This is why I favor Smith over Iguodala, especially with the young players on board already. Just like we're not all crazy at the same time, I don't expect Smith and Mitchell to be lackadaisical at the same time.

I won't hold you up waiting for an answer; I would not have expected Burke to start from day one, and before the draft, I stated as much in a post supporting the drafting of Burke by the Pistons. I was always in favor of (#1) keeping Knight and (#2) making Burke earn the right to start at PG; I expected that by mid-season Burke would be the starter and Knight would be the 6th man, and Detroit would be utilizing a three guard rotation of Knight, Burke, and Middleton. Didn't happen, I'm okay with it. For the record, I SUPPORT THE DRAFTING OF KENTAVIOUS CALDWELL-POPE, TONY MITCHELL, and PAYTON SIVA! They're Pistons now and haven't failed to perform up to expectations as yet (like some I know), nor have they been a problem; I want to see what Mo Cheeks can do with them.

Calderon? Meahh! I'm on record for supporting Vasquez, who's younger and developing to have skills beyond what Calderon has now. I'm lukewarm to the idea of resigning Calderon.
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2746
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Joe's vision is becoming clear!

Post  Oracle on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:02 am

Here's what Joe is thinking, I just don't know if he can pull it off!

 He wants either Josh Smith or Iggy, and in that order! If he accomplishes that, he's got his(non-stretch 3) SF. Let's assume the best(no Iggy), and here's what we have!

Starting: Drummond, Monroe & Smith - I don't know about you, but if I see these three dudes, the odds of me getting my ass kicked is pretty high! Defensively in the playoffs, this is a group of players that can lock down the middle and can score in the post almost at will! With a solid PG, I find it hard to believe that you can defend Drummond, Monroe & Smith! One of them is going to score almost every trip down the court, and I don't see a team in the NBA that can stop it!

Joe is feeling confident about bring back Calderon, so it's going to be Knight to the bench on some nights, other nights it's Stuckey! If Knight wants the starting PG job he's going to have to beat Calderon out for it, and if he can't he doesn't deserve it, plain and simple! Joe knew he was going to get Calderon, so he wasn't interested in drafting a PG, he has one better than Burke although longer in the tooth!

Between Calderon, Knight & KCP, you have the floor spreaders to open up the middle for Monroe, Drummond & Smith! Even the 2nd unit of this team is devastating! This could be a 50 win team, but it's absolutely a playoff team!

PG: Calderon/Knight/Stuckey/Siva
SG: Stuckey/KCP/Knight/English - Order not determined
SF: Smith/Middleton/Mitchel
PF: Monroe/Smith/Mitchel
C: Drummond/Slava/Monroe

English & Siva may get caught up in a numbers game, but Siva could be sent to dev league, English may be gone, especially if Joe looks at Collison!

As I said, this is based on what could happen, but you can replace Smith with Iggy for all but the PF role, that's why the full court press for Smith because he fills more slots!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6035
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

OMG, everyone is smoking the Burke stuff

Post  Oracle on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:46 am

deusXango wrote:
merc wrote:Rufus would answer most of our FA needs... just give him a max deal... get er done Joe.

Mo Cheeks is about to renew his friendship with Iggy... 4/44 front loaded should do it.
Merc, if what you say is true, that's all the more reason for Joe to have drafted Burke; a starting backcourt of Burke and Iggy would have worked out better than Iggy and Iverson, as far as overall team cohesiveness and effectiveness goes. For KCP to be a lottery pick, at a position of need (so said Joe) not a lot of confidence is being shown in him.

First a shout out to Merc!

Hell yeah Merc, if Rufus Henry was available we wouldn't be having these problems, you could just punch out ticket to the playoffs right now!

But you and I both know Joe won't pay Rufus enough and heaven knows bro won't work for peanuts, and Joe doesn't like to deal with the greatest Pistons ever(Rufus is right up there with Zeke!)!

Now back to DX!

Dx, I would wait for you to tell me this answer, but it would take forever, but here it goes!

When was the last time we started a rookie?

I mean, you guys seem to think Burke could start for the Pistons, let alone any other lottery team that had more than a cripple manning the PG position?

Who on God's earth starts rookies NOT taken in the top 5, and even in the top 5 unless they're named LeBron James or that level player?

But somehow, you guys think that Trey Burke could have started here... WOW, pass whatever it is you guys are smoking because it's some powerful stuff!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6035
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Well?

Post  deusXango on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:01 am

merc wrote:Rufus would answer most of our FA needs... just give him a max deal... get er done Joe.

Mo Cheeks is about to renew his friendship with Iggy... 4/44 front loaded should do it.
Merc, if what you say is true, that's all the more reason for Joe to have drafted Burke; a starting backcourt of Burke and Iggy would have worked out better than Iggy and Iverson, as far as overall team cohesiveness and effectiveness goes. For KCP to be a lottery pick, at a position of need (so said Joe) not a lot of confidence is being shown in him.
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2746
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Off point, on the money

Post  deusXango on Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:50 am

Don, sorry to hear about the wildfires raging out your way, with loss of life; I hope all is well with you and yours, and remains that way. My heart goes out to the firefighters, who perished, and their families.
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2746
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  merc on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:12 am

Rufus would answer most of our FA needs... just give him a max deal... get er done Joe.

Mo Cheeks is about to renew his friendship with Iggy... 4/44 front loaded should do it.
avatar
merc

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pursung Iggy is only a smoke screen ...

Post  deusXango on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:48 am

Sebastian, I hope that you're right. In all honesty, Joe does seem to be returning to the Joe of old.
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2746
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oracle

Post  deusXango on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:15 am

Oracle, I agree with you 100% on passing on Jeremy Lin, for all the obvious reasons mentioned. I think he's a higher priced BK7.

Please don't take my response personal about the 2nd raters, because I know that you do a great deal of reporting on what others are saying, and you always put your name on your personal convictions. You're right about the CAP spending laws, but so far, what's being bandied about, is insulting to our team; I think we can do so much better with 90% of our CAP money. The trade proposals are abysmal and the FA signing speculations are way off point.

A positive indication that Joe is trying his best is picking up the 2nd year of Kravtsov's contract and not buying out Stuckey. It would be a waste of time and money trying to replace a 3rd string center, on a rebuilding team and allowing teams to pick up Stuckey for $4.5 million (his true worth IMO) would be another unnecessary give away. We're set at center with Drummond/Monroe/Kravtsov and Stuckey remains ours to trade (now and up until the deadline) or expire at the end of the season. I think those were heady moves by Joe & Co.
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2746
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pursung Iggy is only a smoke screen ...

Post  Sebastian on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:04 am

deusXango wrote:I keep reading about Andre Iguodala being a FA target of the Pistons and I hope the hell that's not true! He's a more athletic Rodney Stuckey; a doorstop for progressing and smoothly moving into the future. His presence on the roster will stunt the growth of Middleton, KCP, and English, should we keep him, players who all possess what he doesn't; that floor spreading, reliable, outside shot.

For the money we'd pay Iggy, I find it hard to believe Aminu and Vasquez wouldn't come in cheaper, and they're not only younger, but they fill needs the team has more than he does. A PG and SF vs. a SG/SF? Do the damn math!

Yo, DX, I wouldn't be overly concerned about Iggy possibly joining OUR family, because I think it may be a case of Joe showing a not-so genuine interest in Iggy, just so that Iggy and his agent are able to get the max from Denver, then Denver would need to shed salary.

This is when Joe will step in and scoop up Wilson Chandler and hopefully Jordan Hamilton, too.

I really believe that Joe has regained his mojo.
avatar
Sebastian

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2011-12-16
Location : Durham, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:54 pm

Oracle wrote:I know you're speaking from emotion, but you really need to examine what you're saying.

"It is nonsense to believe that KCP is a sure thing and not a smart thing for the Pistons. I hope like hell that I am wrong and he becomes a fantastic player for the Pistons." - Don

Are you kidding? This is the Draft Don, and a weak one at that... there are no "Sure Things"! Why must KCP be a sure thing and everybody else in the draft can fail and it's no problem?

Burke was obviously the 2nd or 3rd best guard or he wouldn't even have been on the board... let's get real! KCP isn't tied to Burke any more than he's tied to MCW or CJ, why are you making that connection? You're biased against this kid from the start for reasons that have nothing to do with him.

Don't be upset with Joe, get upset with all the teams that passed on a "Sure Thing" so good because they've got to be even dumber than Joe!

"I believe Dumars knows squat about KCP and how he handles key situations. That player couldn't get other players around him to improve enough to win or even get close to winning games last season." - Don

All I can say is Wow! Don, you can't believe that, or you'll need a list so long it's crazy to line up GREAT players that couldn't make a bunch of slugs play better and actually win anything.

Are you agreeing with the Knight detractors because Knight couldn't Maxiell & Stuckey to play better he's not capable? Not only didn't Knight get them to play better, those dudes actually got worse! You can't put that on Knight and you can't hang KCP's teammates around his neck.

Don, that's really unfair and not accurate! If the team is bad, you can only do so much especially if you aren't the PG for the team! So KCP had to be the scorer, distributor, big shot taker and the man to lead them when nobody else stepped up!

Sounds like a decent resume to me, but just like most players in this draft, I'm not looking for great, I'm looking for solid role players, and that's what I think he is. If he can become a starter... GREAT!

Bottom Line: Would I have drafted Burke? Hell yeah! But I didn't have the plan to free agency & trades! I don't know where they plan to go, so there's no way I can totally rule out what Joe did without seeing where he's going.

But I don't see KCP as a disaster either, but it's the draft, it's a crap shoot in good years, which really does make the strongest case for drafting a more know quantity like Burke, but we don't know for sure, and that's the only "Sure Thing" in any draft!

I know that nobody has a crystal ball Oracle. However, I believe that by drafting Burke and then trading his rights like Minn. did, is smarter than banking everything on one player who played on a losing team. I really believe that Muhammad would have averaged over 30 points a game on KCP's team if they had traded places. Muhammad wasn't trying for stats, he was trying to help win the PAC12 championship. And I hated to see Muhammad win that championship because I never like UCLA to win anything. Really quality defensive teams couldn't stop either Crabbe or Muhammad win games. This is all I am saying. If it were not those two players and a GM picked two other players at other positions, I believe passing on Burke was stupid because is was a no lose situation. Using your logic, why didn't the other teams ahead of Detroit select KCP. There were other players I would have taken before Burke especially Cody Zeller. With that guy, I would have taken the gamble. But if you want a shooting guard in the draft and can select two good shooting guards who have a history of success in big programs, then I say you are an idiot to not do that and just say, we got our guy in KCP. Based on what does Dumars know he got the right guy? Like you said, this is guess work but if that is true, then a team like Detroit with a history of making big mistakes in the draft should have known Utah wanted Burke that bad and then we could have had two proven shooting guards fighting it out for playing time. And if this backfires and Burke becomes an All Star, fans will never forgive him and the owner will be looking at more empty seats. I am not full of emotion over Burke but I hope he does well because of the type of player and person he has become. With him, the owner fills the seats at the Palace because of his name alone. Drafting and trading his rights brings us two first round players to fill our needs instead of one shooting guards who has no short game offensively. Dumars will now sign a shooting guard so he will not be blamed for any failures by KCP. And I really hope he is a real player and can score in the NBA.

cool breeze

Posts : 2548
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Iggin' me on

Post  deusXango on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:48 pm

I keep reading about Andre Iguodala being a FA target of the Pistons and I hope the hell that's not true! He's a more athletic Rodney Stuckey; a doorstop for progressing and smoothly moving into the future. His presence on the roster will stunt the growth of Middleton, KCP, and English, should we keep him, players who all possess what he doesn't; that floor spreading, reliable, outside shot.

For the money we'd pay Iggy, I find it hard to believe Aminu and Vasquez wouldn't come in cheaper, and they're not only younger, but they fill needs the team has more than he does. A PG and SF vs. a SG/SF? Do the damn math!
avatar
deusXango

Posts : 2746
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : Oaxaca, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DX

Post  Oracle on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:39 pm

I don't want 2nd raters, but we have to spend 90% of the dough, so we're going to have to take some chances because we aren't able to blow our wad on 2 really good players!

 BTW, the Pistons are serious about Iggy for some reason - Pistons, Nuggets expected to target Iguodala

And then there's this - NBA Trade Rumors: Jeremy Lin for Jose Calderon deal a possibility

Ok, Lin is younger, but may be even more defensively challenged, and he doesn't strike fear in anyone on the fast break!

"Lin is a superior pick-and-roll point guard to Calderon and that understandably would intrigue any team with Andre Drummond manning the paint. Unfortunately, that is the only area on offense where Lin bests Calderon. Lin is an inadequate deep threat and turns the ball over way too much. He's also just as poor of a defender." - Article

No, he's a worse defender, and do we need more turnovers?
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 6035
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum