Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
Murph
Phil-Good
merc
Oracle
Go Stones!
deusXango
cool breeze
WTF
12 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty HUH?

Post  deusXango Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Sebastian, that was a great impersonation of Biff Burns; had me in stitches!! You should have titled the post "Santa in The Summer," that would have worked like a charm, considering the content. Two lottery picks and a second round player for Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (who shots as bad as Michael Carter-Williams); classic Burns. Blow the doors off the payroll with Andrea Bargnani, totally ignoring all logical possibility's in that price range. I've read too many of your posts to take you serious with this.

Now this is the sh!t that really had me in the floor; trade Knight and keep Stuckey for, of all things, his leadership!!! Even though his history of showing his ass at every given opportunity, by participating in the infamous "no-show for practice" rebellion against his coach, and refusing to enter a game on the night of a Pistons great having his number retired (with a house full of Pistons dignitaries present), he can be counted on for leadership? Jerebko was here, and he remembers. The math is even humorous; Stuckey earns twice what Knight does but, you'll shop Knight while Stuckey plays for another ridiculous contract? To be a 6th man at that; why can't Knight be our 6th man? His numbers across the board makes Stuckey look like he's stealing money.

There's magic in humor; even without Stuckey and Bargnani, and Kidd-Gilchrist as the starting SF, the lineup doesn't look bad at all. Don't know what inspired you to come up with this, like this but, it damn sure is too complicated for Joe to pull off, and Gores would have his job before he was halfway through.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Seb Dreams...

Post  Oracle Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:24 pm

"#1- Move B. Knight, Singer, and the #8 Pick to the Bobcats/Hornets for Micheal Kidd-Gilchrist. The Bobcats get a second lottery pick in this year's draft, a very good young player in B. Knight, who they may choose to keep or move for another piece themselves, as B. Knight has value as a player, who is still getting better while playing on his Rookie contract. [Note: I like B. Knight, a lot, but like MKG just a bit better for OUR needs going forward.] The Bobcats/Hornets also get a somewhat local favorite in Singler, who has proven that he can shoot and he comes cheap at $1 million per season for the next two years - I'm not wedded to any player beyond Drummond & partially Moose, but this one gives away too much! Two solid pieces AND the           #8 pick??? Are you Nucking Futs Smile?????

WE get a great wing defensive player, who yes needs to improve on his jumper, but he can become a lock down defender at the two and provide substantial minutes as a SF.

#2- Don't resign: Will B., Maxie, or Maggette. Roughly, providing $19 million in salary cap relief. - Of course!

#3- Do Jose Calderon and Toronto a favor, by executing a Sign and Trade of Jose Calderon at $7.5 million for 3 years to return to the Raptors in exchange for Andrea Bargnani's remaining 2 years at $22.25 million. Hear me out for a second: The Raptors would love to have Calderon back. Calderon and his family (especially wife) would love to return to Toronto. And, the Raptors would love to rid themselves of Bargnani's contract.

I hear you all asking: Why would WE want to help the Raptors by taking on Bargnani's contract. I had to ask myself the same question, before coming up with a good response. I know that Bargnani is a jump shooting 7' PF/C, but he is the idea player to share minutes with Dre and Moose. His career 15 pts, 5 rebounds, per game would translate well to OUR roster. Whenever Bargnani is on the floor with either Dre or Moose, they can play in the paint with space and Bargnani would help to open the floor for whoever is playing the SF position. And, occasionally Bargnani can get US something in the paint. The following year his salary will come off of the books and We can then decide to resign him at a cheaper wage. - I would love to do this, your reasoning is SOLID!

#4- I'm not done yet. By now, if you have elected to read this far are, screaming: What about OUR point guard, WE have no starting PG. You don't expect Stuckey to be the starter do you! Solution: Go after Brandon Jennings in Free Agency. I would suspect that Jennings can be gotten with $10 million per year for 4 years. Jennings becomes OUR starting PG with Stuckey playing the 6th-man, first guard off the bench role that he is so very well suited for. - I don't want Jennings

#5- Take Thomas Robinson off of the hands of the Rockets. I believe that this guy can still play. He was the #5 pick in last year's draft. And, I think that he can play the SF position some, as well as the PF position. He comes cheap (Rookie contract) and he comes with a lot of redemption. - I don't really know the kid... no comment!

#6- Draft Ray McCallum, Jr. with the 37th Pick. - Ok

#7- Now, WE will get the opportunity to see how good Middleton can become. - Yes
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty The moves that should be made ...

Post  Sebastian Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Pistons Pals, as the final days approaches towards the 2013 NBA Draft, I am sure that everyone is filled with suspense and expectation. And, as the calendar turns to July, the start of the Free Agency WE all are hoping/wishing/praying that Joe and Gores make the proper decisions with the cash that will available to hopefully improve the roster.

Now, I must admit have spent Gores money in so many different ways, doing the weeks prior to this posting, but I think that I have final come with the best usage of Gores money at improving the Pistons for the next five years.

#1- Move B. Knight, Singer, and the #8 Pick to the Bobcats/Hornets for Micheal Kidd-Gilchrist. The Bobcats get a second lottery pick in this year's draft, a very good young player in B. Knight, who they may choose to keep or move for another piece themselves, as B. Knight has value as a player, who is still getting better while playing on his Rookie contract. [Note: I like B. Knight, a lot, but like MKG just a bit better for OUR needs going forward.] The Bobcats/Hornets also get a somewhat local favorite in Singler, who has proven that he can shoot and he comes cheap at $1 million per season for the next two years

WE get a great wing defensive player, who yes needs to improve on his jumper, but he can become a lock down defender at the two and provide substantial minutes as a SF.

#2- Don't resign: Will B., Maxie, or Maggette. Roughly, providing $19 million in salary cap relief.

#3- Do Jose Calderon and Toronto a favor, by executing a Sign and Trade of Jose Calderon at $7.5 million for 3 years to return to the Raptors in exchange for Andrea Bargnani's remaining 2 years at $22.25 million. Hear me out for a second: The Raptors would love to have Calderon back. Calderon and his family (especially wife) would love to return to Toronto. And, the Raptors would love to rid themselves of Bargnani's contract.

I hear you all asking: Why would WE want to help the Raptors by taking on Bargnani's contract. I had to ask myself the same question, before coming up with a good response. I know that Bargnani is a jump shooting 7' PF/C, but he is the idea player to share minutes with Dre and Moose. His career 15 pts, 5 rebounds, per game would translate well to OUR roster. Whenever Bargnani is on the floor with either Dre or Moose, they can play in the paint with space and Bargnani would help to open the floor for whoever is playing the SF position. And, occasionally Bargnani can get US something in the paint. The following year his salary will come off of the books and We can then decide to resign him at a cheaper wage.

#4- I'm not done yet. By now, if you have elected to read this far are, screaming: What about OUR point guard, WE have no starting PG. You don't expect Stuckey to be the starter do you! Solution: Go after Brandon Jennings in Free Agency. I would suspect that Jennings can be gotten with $10 million per year for 4 years. Jennings becomes OUR starting PG with Stuckey playing the 6th-man, first guard off the bench role that he is so very well suited for.

#5- Take Thomas Robinson off of the hands of the Rockets. I believe that this guy can still play. He was the #5 pick in last year's draft. And, I think that he can play the SF position some, as well as the PF position. He comes cheap (Rookie contract) and he comes with a lot of redemption.

#6- Draft Ray McCallum, Jr. with the 37th Pick.

#7- Now, WE will get the opportunity to see how good Middleton can become.

WE then roll with:

PG- Jennings/Stuckey/McCallum
SG- Middleton/English
SF- Kidd-Gilchrist/Jerebko
PF- Moose/Robinson/Charlie V.
C- Dre Drummond/Bargnani/the Ukraine

Note: Stuckey and Jennings can be on the floor, together, at times. Kidd-Gilchrist could see important minutes at SG position. Robinson can see minutes at the SF position, but if he is on the floor with MKG, there will need to be three players on the floor will need to have 3-point range, as both MKG and Robinson are not 3 point shooters. Charlie V. serves as cap relief for 2014-2015 season and the occasional three point shooter on the floor helping to provide spacing whenever MKG and Robinson are on the floor, together.

This is a young team that would need to rely heavily on veteran leadership from Rodney Stuckey. I hear you all screaming: Rodney Stuckey, veteran leadership. An oxymoron, indeed!

Yes, but think about it. Stuckey will be playing for a coach, who he can relate to and can respect. Secondly, Rodney is going into a contract a year and at 27 (he turns 28 on April 27, 2014), he is surely looking for another decent contract.

Guys, I know that some of US would like to see Josh Smith sign with the Pistons, but I'm afraid that this will not happen. Some others are hopeful for an Iggy signing, again, I don't think that this will happen either.

The aforementioned proposed roster, provides a roster of youth, contract flexibility, and defense. It adds a "true" starting point guard that has experience in the League, already. It puts Stuckey in his proper role. It affords the opportunity to a young, player [Middleton] who may have to opportunity to become a good player. It adds a defensive gem [Kidd-Gilchrist] to the roster. It adds a big [Bargnani] who can certainly help stretch the floor and who will offer space for Dre and Moose and all others on the floor to work.

This is a playoff roster that has the inherit, built-in of hope in players who are young and promising.

Joe has got to pull the right strings and push the correct buttons, during the next 4 weeks.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Post  deusXango Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:06 am

"He didn’t have a good freshman season at Georgia, but Caldwell-Pope came on strong as a sophomore, averaging 33.9 minutes, 18.5 points. 7.1 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 2.0 steals per game."-excerpt from Rant Sports 6/21/2013

Khris Middleton's stats over his rookie season (27 games played) were 17:36 min., 44% fg., .844 ft., 2.1 assists, 6.1 ppg. Those numbers aren't that impressive but, consider that only Will Bynum and Jonas Jerebko had better numbers for time on the floor!! That's the team Joe Dumars gave us last season. That's the results of the team coached by Lil' Larry last season. I fully expect that Middleton's production will increase dramatically under Cheeks, surrounded by a more sensible rotation, and given extended PT.

Looking at the numbers KC-P would be bringing from his sophomore season compared to Middleton's rookie campaign, it would be a wasted lottery pick if we went after KC-P. If I couldn't get Burke, I'd get Zeller.

Wise, that was a great post and you had me until you got to the part about Stuckey; all I'll say is, take a look at his numbers for the last two years.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Catching Up On Stuff

Post  Oracle Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:54 am

WISEFAN wrote:Draft Boards: I have to say that I've stopped looking at them the closer we get to draft day the more crazy they're starting to sound.  My top choices for the Pistons to select are as follow: 1. Trey Burke, 2. MCW, 3. Cody Zeller, beyond this I say whatever.  Trey and MCW for the obvious reason (we need a PG) and Zeller because we need another big that. - Ditto, that's a solid list!

Free Agency:
 I am totally convinced that all our chips should be tossed at Josh Smith and that he is a most sign over the summer.  Moan all you want about if he's worth a Max deal or not he makes the team better and I mean title contending better.  Smith will be what Sheed was to the team in 2004. - I'm not advocating this move, but if it was made, I would get behind it!

Cheeks:
I like the piece I read on Cheeks and being praised by Larry Brown.  I honestly think Joe made the right choice in hiring Cheeks. - I've completely come around on this one, and have high hopes that Cheeks will have a positive impact.

Stuckey:
Whatever we do at PG (Burke, MCW or even Ray McCallum at 37th) Stuckey remains my choice in a 3 guard rotation over Knight.  His defense and size makes him a better fit with any of the three.  I don't think either Joe nor Cheeks are completely sold on Knight making the necessary jump in improving. - If it's MCW, Stuckey is the 3rd guard, he makes no sense otherwise. If it's Burke, then it makes more sense that Knight is the 3rd guard! In either case, none of those guys can beat Knight out as the point guard. If it happens it will be "Gifted" to them, and then we'll have problems!

Heat:
Damn I hate they won,  but have to give Lebron his due he's beyond his Cleveland days. - We all feel the same way!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Middleton

Post  Oracle Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:45 am

If you haven't actually paid attention to this kid, I suggest you get a clean look at the tapes!

1. He has the smoothest, pure stroke on the team, and one of the best I've seen in years!
2. Later in the season he showed that he could also take his man off the dribble and either score at the rim or pull up for the short range jumper!

Middleton's biggest problem was having Larry Frank as a coach, whose biggest job was trying to figure out who had NEXT in his dog house!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Catching Up On Stuff

Post  WTF Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:26 am

Draft Boards: I have to say that I've stopped looking at them the closer we get to draft day the more crazy they're starting to sound.  My top choices for the Pistons to select are as follow: 1. Trey Burke, 2. MCW, 3. Cody Zeller, beyond this I say whatever.  Trey and MCW for the obvious reason (we need a PG) and Zeller because we need another big that.

Free Agency: I am totally convinced that all our chips should be tossed at Josh Smith and that he is a most sign over the summer.  Moan all you want about if he's worth a Max deal or not he makes the team better and I mean title contending better.  Smith will be what Sheed was to the team in 2004.

Cheeks: I like the piece I read on Cheeks and being praised by Larry Brown.  I honestly think Joe made the right choice in hiring Cheeks.

Stuckey: Whatever we do at PG (Burke, MCW or even Ray McCallum at 37th) Stuckey remains my choice in a 3 guard rotation over Knight.  His defense and size makes him a better fit with any of the three.  I don't think either Joe nor Cheeks are completely sold on Knight making the necessary jump in improving.  

Heat: Damn I hate they won,  but have to give Lebron his due he's beyond his Cleveland days.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Just wanted to type Boobie...

Post  Go Stones! Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:55 pm

deusXango wrote:Stones, what I'm saying is there's more talent there than we were allowed to see, and unlike Boobie Gibson, there was no "Batman" for Middleton to play Robin to last year. Agree? No? Who was the alpha dog then? When I talk about addressing needs, I'm looking at fitting in one of our best, consistent, long range shooters, who has length to compensate for the lack of our PG's size (Knight or Burke) and can defend. Unless there's an alpha dog SG available to you in the lottery, I'm thinking you go for leadership, size, skill, or elite athleticism but, your average NBA shooting guard, all bets are off. Look around the league at the contenders SG's; how many that are not elite players, were picked in the lottery?

DX, I agree he is talented, but a factor I don't know is what type of player he will be under another coach.  Didn't he come in recovering from an injury, and that is why he was picked so low?  Give the rehab staff credit and believe he can continue to improve.  Didn't he play SF for us?  He most likely will be a great SG/SF bench player (6th man?) that can compliment the alpha dog whenever we get him....like Boobie was.partyBow Down
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty K.Middleton....so your saying...

Post  deusXango Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:03 pm

Stones, what I'm saying is there's more talent there than we were allowed to see, and unlike Boobie Gibson, there was no "Batman" for Middleton to play Robin to last year. Agree? No? Who was the alpha dog then? When I talk about addressing needs, I'm looking at fitting in one of our best, consistent, long range shooters, who has length to compensate for the lack of our PG's size (Knight or Burke) and can defend. Unless there's an alpha dog SG available to you in the lottery, I'm thinking you go for leadership, size, skill, or elite athleticism but, your average NBA shooting guard, all bets are off. Look around the league at the contenders SG's; how many that are not elite players, were picked in the lottery?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Khris Middelton?

Post  Sebastian Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:58 pm

deusXango wrote:"But, I would like to see if the kid can actually play and be a consistent contributor for OUR Pistons, but I have got to see much, much more."
-Sebastian

Those are my exact same sentiments about KCP and Shabazz Muhammad. Being picked at #8 their contracts are much greater in value, from length of commitment to dollar cost to team, and we know less about them than we do this, basically untried, second round pick. Do the math brother, and oh! We got a coach now, so why not be hopeful about a Piston for a change?

If Middleton is actually a good player (he actually reminds me of Albert King, Benard King's slightly younger brother who played his college ball at the University of Maryland in the early 80s) and can get the opportunity to prove that he has game, then it is a win-win for the Pistons.

But, I have got still got to see more. Maybe, during the summer league play, but playing in that high school size gym in Orlando is not going to make his game look any more legit.

Got to see him for a good month, against real NBA competition, before I can get behind Middleton.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty In defense of my favorite basketball team

Post  deusXango Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:13 pm

"But, I would like to see if the kid can actually play and be a consistent contributor for OUR Pistons, but I have got to see much, much more."
-Sebastian

Those are my exact same sentiments about KCP and Shabazz Muhammad. Being picked at #8 their contracts are much greater in value, from length of commitment to dollar cost to team, and we know less about them than we do this, basically untried, second round pick. Do the math brother, and oh! We got a coach now, so why not be hopeful about a Piston for a change?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Spurs vs. Pistons

Post  Go Stones! Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:11 pm

Sebastian wrote:If the Spurs choose not to resign Ginobili, they immediately become a potential employer of Josh Smith. (Texas still doesn't have a state tax.) The Spurs start at $32,884,578 on July 1.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-team-salary-totals

Josh Smith would probably play for $12 million for 4 years. Then if with their 28th pick, they choose to draft Ray McCollum, Jr.; grooming him to replace Tony Parker; and the Spurs at right back at it, again.

The next four weeks are going to be interesting.

I say let them have him.  They have K.Leonard...why would they need J.Smith?  Unless you are looking at him as a PF.

Also, Spurs have great scouting and strategy.  They are visionary!  The Pistons are a little tardy to the party.  They were set for dynasty when L.James stepped in...sort of like how the Bad Boys got derailed by M.Jordan.  I think the teal days were some of the worst but still we had hope with L.Hunter, G.Hill and Stack.  We have just gone through the teal years again...but I do believe it is due to Davidson dying and his family forcing Joe D's hands.  This is why I believe Joe D has been given just a short leash and not fired.  He now can rebuild another dy-NASTY!
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty K.Middleton....so your saying...

Post  Go Stones! Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:06 pm

Sebastian wrote:
deusXango wrote:Sebastian, I'm on board with everything you said about the Heat, from congratulations to damn; that was an exciting series.

You brought up two up and coming players from the 2011 draft (Kawhi Leonard and Jimmy Butler) and mentioned our own BK7, who went before both of them in the draft, and I find it very interesting how little a large number of fans don't appreciate Knight; lately it's been the endless talk about including him in a trade with Stuckey for a broken, high priced, malcontent. Before I go any further, historically, how many combo guards go in the lottery? Why is it fans don't realize PG/SG means combo guard and combo guards don't lead teams to the promised land? Back on point.

Chicago and San Antonio are 1st class franchises, much like Detroit was when we won it all, and their young players are in an atmosphere to be nourished and are allowed to flourish. Detroit is no longer a 1st class organization from top to bottom and that's something loyal fans (myself included) are in denial about and reluctant to admit. This is why we want to throw out the baby with the bathwater and our real diamond in the rough (Middleton) won't see the light of day in a Pistons uniform, much like Afflalo. Even though Burke has been consistently slated to go before we pick in the draft, and as badly as we need a PG, there are some fans echoing what they think Dumars thinking will be should he fall to us, "take the taller, albeit, inferior player, or another big man." First class franchises breed first class fans, and this is not a theory, we've been there! There are some things Cheeks need to do, that haven't been done, and I hope to high heaven that he's allowed to.

Playing for a 1st class organization, Andre Drummond wouldn't have languished on the bench for as long as he did or play the scrap minutes given to him for the majority of the season; he would've started no later than the first 10 games of the season, instead of the last 10. Everybody, their neighbors blind dog, and anyone dead no longer than two weeks could see that Drummond was one of the top two big men on the team, so why during a rebuild wasn't he groomed on the floor, against frontline talent? Then, and only then, if he messed up, sit him for a game or two before throwing him back into the fires of competition. We went to war with Maxiell but, Monroe is being dogged today and being talked about in trade scenarios. 1st class gratitude? The team tried Singler at SG last season, and he has nowhere near the basketball skills (smart yes, highly skilled? NO!) that Middleton possess but, the talk is about drafting KCP who may bring the same things to the table as Middleton; we have Middleton already, and he's yet to receive a shot at starting SG. Shabazz Muhammad is a worse still gamble; first class organizations don't find themselves that confused about talent.

If "Pop" or "Thib" had Burke, Middleton, and Knight I don't believe they'd have a problem running a three guard rotation with those players; I believe if Burke should become a Piston, this is exactly what Mo Cheeks will do, providing he's not hamstrung with a player of Joe's choosing. That wouldn't be first class but, we've not been a first class organization since we lost Mr. Bill Davidson.

DX, you obviously see something in Middleton that I have yet to witness, admittedly I have only seen the 14 point "explosion" that he had against the Mavericks when they visited the Palace, late in the season.

But, I would like to see if the kid can actually play and be a consistent contributor for OUR Pistons, but I have got to see much, much more.

Dx, we are wondering if he is truly talented or is he a rendition of Boobie Gibson where he had one good game (by being Robin to L.James) and it produced an over whelming contract.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Josh Smith's options

Post  Sebastian Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:49 pm

If the Spurs choose not to resign Ginobili, they immediately become a potential employer of Josh Smith. (Texas still doesn't have a state tax.) The Spurs start at $32,884,578 on July 1.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-team-salary-totals

Josh Smith would probably play for $12 million for 4 years. Then if with their 28th pick, they choose to draft Ray McCollum, Jr.; grooming him to replace Tony Parker; and the Spurs at right back at it, again.

The next four weeks are going to be interesting.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Khris Middelton?

Post  Sebastian Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:13 pm

deusXango wrote:Sebastian, I'm on board with everything you said about the Heat, from congratulations to damn; that was an exciting series.

You brought up two up and coming players from the 2011 draft (Kawhi Leonard and Jimmy Butler) and mentioned our own BK7, who went before both of them in the draft, and I find it very interesting how little a large number of fans don't appreciate Knight; lately it's been the endless talk about including him in a trade with Stuckey for a broken, high priced, malcontent. Before I go any further, historically, how many combo guards go in the lottery? Why is it fans don't realize PG/SG means combo guard and combo guards don't lead teams to the promised land? Back on point.

Chicago and San Antonio are 1st class franchises, much like Detroit was when we won it all, and their young players are in an atmosphere to be nourished and are allowed to flourish. Detroit is no longer a 1st class organization from top to bottom and that's something loyal fans (myself included) are in denial about and reluctant to admit. This is why we want to throw out the baby with the bathwater and our real diamond in the rough (Middleton) won't see the light of day in a Pistons uniform, much like Afflalo. Even though Burke has been consistently slated to go before we pick in the draft, and as badly as we need a PG, there are some fans echoing what they think Dumars thinking will be should he fall to us, "take the taller, albeit, inferior player, or another big man." First class franchises breed first class fans, and this is not a theory, we've been there! There are some things Cheeks need to do, that haven't been done, and I hope to high heaven that he's allowed to.

Playing for a 1st class organization, Andre Drummond wouldn't have languished on the bench for as long as he did or play the scrap minutes given to him for the majority of the season; he would've started no later than the first 10 games of the season, instead of the last 10. Everybody, their neighbors blind dog, and anyone dead no longer than two weeks could see that Drummond was one of the top two big men on the team, so why during a rebuild wasn't he groomed on the floor, against frontline talent? Then, and only then, if he messed up, sit him for a game or two before throwing him back into the fires of competition. We went to war with Maxiell but, Monroe is being dogged today and being talked about in trade scenarios. 1st class gratitude? The team tried Singler at SG last season, and he has nowhere near the basketball skills (smart yes, highly skilled? NO!) that Middleton possess but, the talk is about drafting KCP who may bring the same things to the table as Middleton; we have Middleton already, and he's yet to receive a shot at starting SG. Shabazz Muhammad is a worse still gamble; first class organizations don't find themselves that confused about talent.

If "Pop" or "Thib" had Burke, Middleton, and Knight I don't believe they'd have a problem running a three guard rotation with those players; I believe if Burke should become a Piston, this is exactly what Mo Cheeks will do, providing he's not hamstrung with a player of Joe's choosing. That wouldn't be first class but, we've not been a first class organization since we lost Mr. Bill Davidson.

DX, you obviously see something in Middleton that I have yet to witness, admittedly I have only seen the 14 point "explosion" that he had against the Mavericks when they visited the Palace, late in the season.

But, I would like to see if the kid can actually play and be a consistent contributor for OUR Pistons, but I have got to see much, much more.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty From Twitter

Post  Oracle Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:03 pm

@detroitpistons: VIDEO: @Keith_Langlois, @nbamark, @Vincent_Ellis56, @vgoodwill & @David_Mayo discuss the #Pistons & the #NBA draft. http://t.co/umtok7mpfD

@detroitpistons: @Keith_Langlois preview the #Pistons possibly getting a "stretch four" player with the 37th pick in the #NBA draft: http://t.co/L5FZskUrAr
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty The original basketball skill!

Post  Oracle Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:01 pm

When wondering how a player can translate their game to the NBA, some skills translate better than others.

The original basketball skill is one that does... shooting! That does give Burke an advantage since he can hit from the parking lot!

Size translates well, but absence of skill can greatly diminish its effect!

Right now, we do need shooting if the finals are any indication, reliable 3 point shooting is a MUST have skill on any team!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Smell the ...

Post  Oracle Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:42 pm

WOW, here is EXACTLY what I was talking about - NBA Mock Draft: Detroit Pistons Select Tony Mitchell From North Texas, while this stuff is crazy, it shows how fans from different teams view other players.

In that article they want: The Phoenix Suns trade #30 and Kendall Marshall to the Detroit Pistons for Brandon Knight and #37.

Why? From the Detroit side:
C.J. McCollum makes Brandon Knight obsolete. Let's be honest, moving him for a legitimate point guard who was a lottery pick last year is about as much value as the Pistons can hope to get out of him. Marshall did not show much for the Suns last year, but he also didn't have much of a chance. But there's reason for hope that he could be the offensive wizard that he was for North Carolina: in games he played more than 20 minutes, he shot 43% (including 38% from three) and put up 6.4 assists per game with 2.2 turnovers per game (a 2.9 assist/turnover ratio).

From the Phoenix side:
The Suns need a second playmaker who can create his own shot and set up others while sharing the court with the Goran Dragic. Brandon Knight, still only 21 after two seasons in the NBA, is improving as a shooter and has the potential to be a solid defender. He can play the two or the one, allowing the Suns to have an attacking shot creator on the floor at all times.

They see Knight WAY differently than the Knight traders see him! On top of that, they make excuses for a player on another team saying that he didn't have much to work with, but I guess they think Knight was working with great players?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty The difference between contenders and also rans

Post  Oracle Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:27 pm

DX, what a GREAT post!

"Everybody, their neighbors blind dog, and anyone dead no longer than two weeks could see that Drummond was one of the top two big men on the team, so why during a rebuild wasn't he groomed on the floor, against frontline talent?" - DX

Instant classic Smile!

"If "Pop" or "Thib" had Burke, Middleton, and Knight I don't believe they'd have a problem running a three guard rotation with those players; I believe if Burke should become a Piston, this is exactly what Mo Cheeks will do, providing he's not hamstrung with a player of Joe's choosing. That wouldn't be first class but, we've not been first class since we lost Mr. Bill Davidson." - DX

The fact is that if Knight had been on a decent team with a good coach, we'd all be saying, "why did Joe pass on that dude", ditto for Middleton!  But we quickly trash our guys, even after admitting how crappy the starting lineup was, and how horrid the coaching was, and now we know it was much worse than we ever imagined(see JJ).

I understand how easy it is to believe that the next savior is in the draft, but it rarely happens for most teams, and almost never for us in recent years.

Even with Burke & MCW, you never know how they will react against big, fast and strong NBA competition!

Knight struggled early on at PG(he mostly played off the ball his first year), but Frank refused to put Stuckey on the bigger guards so that Knight could learn. So really Knight has had very little time as the main PG(most of this past season), and people want to call the game over.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty The difference between contenders and also rans

Post  deusXango Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:56 pm

Sebastian, I'm on board with everything you said about the Heat, from congratulations to damn; that was an exciting series.

deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty The Heat

Post  Sebastian Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:43 pm

I guess congratulations are in order. Dam(n), I hate the Heat!

And, like Oracle said, this Title's victory, ties the Heat with OUR Pistons in number of Titles. It is time for US to get back to the pursuit of an NBA Title and stop hovering aroung 30-34 victories per season and drafting 7-9, doing the annual NBA Draft.

But, what I really wanted to say is:

I was really, really impress with the performances of two draftees from the 2011 Draft, this Playoff Season.

Kawhi Leonard played his ass off. This kid is going to a very, very good player.

And, even though the Bulls were not able to defeat the heat, that Jimmy Butler kid is going to a very good pro, too.

If both Leonard and Butler played exclusively at the SG position, they would have the advantage every night, except perhaps when they are to face each other.

B. Knight, a member of 2011 Draft Class, has a chance to become a very good player, as well.

I just think the pundits declared the 2011 Draft a "weak" draft. How more wrong could they have been?
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Burke

Post  Oracle Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:20 am

deusXango wrote:
merc wrote:Burke is only doing one on none workouts.
That makes sense for a team leader and team player; we've got enough players who fancy themselves one-on-one artists.
Yesterday MCW went up against McCollum at the Palace.
MC-W demonstrates lack of on court judgment and I'm sticking to my guns, McCollum is an unnecessary combo guard!
Ford has Burke going to the Pistons.
Oh, yeah!!!!
Wonder what input Mo Cheeks will have?
He should have input and I hope it's favorable in Burkes behalf.

While I like Burke a lot, I hope he's not there at #8 for both his sake and ours!

IMO, MCW is the better fit for our team, and if he's not there, either Zeller or Bennett would do nicely!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Don: One of the Best NBA Finals series ever played?

Post  Oracle Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:16 am

Don, I have to agree, these last two games are classics for good basketball and high drama!

LeBron James showed and proved why we all know he's the BEST player in the NBA, and I still think he's better than he showed, the man is an unstoppable BEAST!

In a normal world that Spurs team had no business going 7, but the combination of Parker, and ageless Duncan, some timely bench play and a great system by Pop, this team was hard to kill, the Heat had to really EARN this one!

I normally hate the Heat, but my hats off to them on a great win!

Edit: The only downer is that now, there is yet another team that ties us with 3 championships! We need to win another one to become more of a signature franchise!

Last edited by Oracle on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Workout

Post  deusXango Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:34 am

merc wrote:Burke is only doing one on none workouts.
That makes sense for a team leader and team player; we've got enough players who fancy themselves one-on-one artists.
Yesterday MCW went up against McCollum at the Palace.
MC-W demonstrates lack of on court judgment and I'm sticking to my guns, McCollum is an unnecessary combo guard!
Ford has Burke going to the Pistons.
Oh, yeah!!!!
Wonder what input Mo Cheeks will have?
He should have input and I hope it's favorable in Burkes behalf.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Free agent signings

Post  deusXango Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:23 am

Don, that was an astute post, as usual, and I loved the Duncan comparisons. Good stuff!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next