Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sparma
merc
Phil-Good
deusXango
lemonpen
cool breeze
WTF
Oracle
Sebastian
13 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Burke

Post  merc Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:23 pm

As expected his stock has risen in the mocks... ESPN, Draft Express & NBADRAFT.NET have him as the #7 pick.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty LMAO!

Post  WTF Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:28 pm

Oracle wrote:Seb, don't fall for Wise's limited thinking on this one!

When we call for Knight or Monroe to come off the bench, it's not because we think they're bench players for life, it's a recognition of where they are now and how best to field a team capable of doing damage in the playoffs next year.

My confidence that knight will be a potent starter is not as high as my FULL confidence that Monroe is going to be a BEAST in a few years!

I'm also impressed with Middleton! He's a role player right now for sure, but this kid has talent, and we just don't know how far it will take him, but Wise likes to pidegon hole people for some reason.

BTW, what's wrong with being a role player? Nothing excepting having 12 on a roster

The last time I looked, no team wins it all without a lot of role players!

So when you find good ones, you shouldn't be throwing them away of discounting the value of their contribution!

That's not true I just think everything about this team could and should be better oppose to hanging our faith on a bunch of 2nd rounders. It's insane IMO to be talking about the potential of at least 7 role players while virtually saying the same things about a young core and have playoff next year in our discussions. We're not that close.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty SHAKE THE FOUNDATION SHOCK THE WORLD REACH FOR THE STARS

Post  WTF Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:54 pm

Joe moves should be so "BOLD" over the summer that sh!t are pants at how scarily good we just became. When I say this I mean "Big Three Boston Celtic Style"

In the back of my mind I think if Joe tried hard enough and wasn't a pussy he'll be on the phone talking with Atlanta, Miami. Many of you are talking about what we could be in 2-3 year and that's cool, but I'm more in the mindset of what we could be next year (not contending for a play spot but a freaking title)

Miami know the issues they have after next season and my gut is telling me that the wheel in their heads are already turning. Please I'm on the phone with Miami trying to see how I can swap out Monroe, CV and Stuckey for Bosh. Then immediately July 1st on the phone with Josh Smith selling him on how great a Bosh, Drummond, Smith frontcourt would look in Pistons red, white and blue. Damn I just create the best defensive frontcout in the entire NBA and have 2 big that can stretch the defense because they can consistently knock down shots from 15 feet out. Draft either Burke or Carter-Williams and its a done deal and we still get to keep all those role players everyone raves about. BOLD

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Wise, do you ever...

Post  Oracle Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:03 pm

Think things through!

"Joe moves should be so "BOLD" over the summer that sh!t are pants at how scarily good we just became. When I say this I mean "Big Three Boston Celtic Style""

Ok Wise, where are the FA's to do that? Who can we trade for that fits the Boston situation?

And if we did, who's left and how do they fit?

Yikes!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty BTW

Post  Oracle Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:27 pm

I think Slava, CV & Stuckey = Bosh on a good day, but not Monroe.

However, they are more likely to do it with Monroe in the equation, but IMO, that's a bad trade! Short term trade value at best, but I would call it bold... stupid but bold!

Josh Smith is already on the table, so I wouldn't call that bold by any means!

The rest is no brainer stuff!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:32 pm

Wise, how do you build on success?

Middleton just played a great game! I know you don't believe any 2nd rounder bench player is worth a crap, and only see what Frank allows you to see, but there have been surprise finds on benches.

Unfortunately you can't find them if you think and behave like you do.

So here's Middleton playing great, and you generally reward success to build on it.

Frank thinks like you, let's see if at least Frank gets smarter and rewards the kid with more PT to build on his success.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Who's at the door?

Post  merc Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:30 pm

We haven't seen this kind of opportunity since the year JD took over... the stars are lined up for a summer to remember... I'm not foolish enough to not recognize several other teams are in the same position... let's be real, our cap space is not unique this year... it comes down to which GM has the hones & IQ.

I could not be less excited about this years draft... actually hoping it can be used for a proven talent so we're not hanging our hats on player X having a major impact (iffy proposition).
I do think Oladipo & Burke could make a difference... so much for trading down to get Burke.
Oladipo didn't have a great tournament but NE1 paying attention knows that he can turn a game around with his transition D.... our perimeter D is the worst in the L.

I'm currently in the Lab concocting a recipe for success... F.A's, drafts & trades... would encourage each poster to put their GM hat on and see what you come up with.

btw, it's looking a lot like we'll be picking #6 or better.. over 90% for a top 6 pick... 21%... top 3 pick
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Give Me A Moment

Post  WTF Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Oracle wrote:Think things through!

"Joe moves should be so "BOLD" over the summer that sh!t are pants at how scarily good we just became. When I say this I mean "Big Three Boston Celtic Style""

Ok Wise, where are the FA's to do that? Who can we trade for that fits the Boston situation?

And if we did, who's left and how do they fit?

Yikes!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty HATER

Post  WTF Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:52 pm

Oracle wrote:I think Slava, CV & Stuckey = Bosh on a good day, but not Monroe.

However, they are more likely to do it with Monroe in the equation, but IMO, that's a bad trade! Short term trade value at best, but I would call it bold... stupid but bold!

Josh Smith is already on the table, so I wouldn't call that bold by any means!

The rest is no brainer stuff!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Wise & Who's at the door?

Post  Oracle Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:08 pm

Merc, that's an excellent suggestion, and I send my apologies to Wise, because at least he had the nerve to put something out there!

As you said, this is an almost perfect storm of opportunity for the Pistons, and I truly hope Joe has the best minds in the organization working on getting us the best out of what is weak across the board!

The Draft is weak, the FA market is weak, and what we are likely willing to trade is weak!

But out of all of that weakness are opportunities for the smart, swift and nimble GM's!

Joe & crew need to focus on what they need, target the players, and move with all deliberate speed to get there first with the best offers!

Now is the time to drop that doughnut and get moving!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty HATER?

Post  Oracle Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:35 pm

I know vampires don't cast reflection, but that from a true hater?

You hated on Chauncey for years, can't respect a Championship player in Cleaves, and you can call me a hater? Can't respect or understand the work these players do to get into the NBA, and yeah they've accomplished a lot.

How many players get to a championship game in college? How many of them get there as the leader of their team?

How many players that get into college actually get drafted by the NBA?

Well, guess I can't ask you to look in the mirror, so...
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Hello My Name is Khris Middlton and I can play basketball

Post  Phil-Good Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:51 am

Hello Pistons fans. My name is Khris. Yes I'm 1 more good draft pick made by Joe Dumars and his scouting staff. Yes, I injured my knee my last year in college so i slipped to the second round but like Joe Dumars told you, if I was not injured I would had been A first round pick so I was A steal.

I know you all want to go out on the free agent market and blow your load on Josh Smith or some other over rated, soon to be over paid guy. But I'm just saying I might be able to fill that starting small forward slot for half the price.

And remember I'm only A 21 year old kid. So all I can do is get bigger, stronger and better. And Singler is already A build in back-up small forward... HELLO!!!!

Remember Toney Parker and Ginobli were second round steals. The Spurs were patient and gave them A chance to develop and look at the reward. Two hall of fame players.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty TRUE BLOOD

Post  WTF Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:23 am

Oracle wrote:I know vampires don't cast reflection, but that from a true hater?

[b]You hated on Chauncey for years[/b], can't respect a Championship player in Cleaves, and you can call me a hater? Can't respect or understand the work these players do to get into the NBA, and yeah they've accomplished a lot.

How many players get to a championship game in college? How many of them get there as the leader of their team?

How many players that get into college actually get drafted by the NBA?

Well, guess I can't ask you to look in the mirror, so...

Where do you get this stuff from? I have never hated on Chauncey that would have been P-Boy not me. All I ever did was defend CB. I admit I didn't like Cleaves, I don't like him now, but hate maybe not.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:37 am

Phil1980boy wrote:Hello Pistons fans. My name is Khris. Yes I'm 1 more good draft pick made by Joe Dumars and his scouting staff. Yes, I injured my knee my last year in college so i slipped to the second round but like Joe Dumars told you, if I was not injured I would had been A first round pick so I was A steal.

I know you all want to go out on the free agent market and blow your load on Josh Smith or some other over rated, soon to be over paid guy. But I'm just saying I might be able to fill that starting small forward slot for half the price.

And remember I'm only A 21 year old kid. So all I can do is get bigger, stronger and better. And Singler is already A build in back-up small forward... HELLO!!!!

Remember Toney Parker and Ginobli were second round steals. The Spurs were patient and gave them A chance to develop and look at the reward. Two hall of fame players.

Amen, how quickly we forget, LOL!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty True Blood?

Post  Oracle Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:49 am

WISEFAN wrote:Where do you get this stuff from? I have never hated on Chauncey that would have been P-Boy not me. All I ever did was defend CB. I admit I didn't like Cleaves, I don't like him now, but hate maybe not.

True Blood? LOL, I'd LOVE to have some of those female Vampires suck on me all night long!!!

Ok, now I understand you, you just don't like Cleaves, and I don't need to know the reason, it's just one of those things.

It took me years to warm up to RIP! I didn't like him under the Carlisle tenure, and it wasn't rational, I just didn't like RIP, but I did respect him!

Under LB, that all changed as RIP started playing defense, stopped turning it over so much, and blossomed!

So I'm cool now that I understand!

Back to our regularly scheduled programming!

BTW: On Chauncey, maybe my crystal ball is a bit fuzzy! It's due for a tuneup anyway, so...
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty LETS EXAMINE MY TRADE SUGGESTION AND FREE AGENT SIGNING

Post  WTF Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:30 am

Please note that my suggestions are based on a win now approach oppose to some 2 or 3 year plan.

First: The trade suggestion of Charlie, Stuckey and Monroe for Chris Bosh. Lets not forget what Chris Bosh was prior to taking his talents to South Beach, he was averaging 25 points and 11 boards a game for the Raptors. There is no real reason to believe that Bosh couldn't put up those exact same numbers being the focal point of this Pistons team. Sure the Heat might bite if it we offered Slava instead but that present a cap problem for use in the future if we keep Monroe assuming we land Josh Smith we won't be able to afford all three. In a perfect world it would be nice to be able keep Monroe but Monroe is no Chris Bosh and may never be.

PROS: As I said you can't argue what Bosh was doing in Toronto before heading to Miami. He's an athletic 7 footer who plays both inside and out, he's a nature PF that plays the center position and is a premier defender. Putting him along side Drummond makes Drummond only that much better (IMO) Monroe inability to defend put entirely to much pressure on Drummond and ultimately will hurt his development overall. Bosh is a leader, he's not afraid of taking big shots and being a goto option in crunch time. He's an All Star and he will put butts in the seats at the Palace.

CONS: If you want to look at it that way is we're giving up on Monroe and his potential for a proven veteran in Bosh for a season. Maybe we can't resign him afterwords and that's a risk. But what we would get in that case is 17 million in cap space in a stronger FA year in 2014.

Second: The good thing is Joe has the opportunity to make the trade for Bosh, hire a new coach and make a draft stellar draft selection prior to July 1st all in an effort to make signing a FA like Josh Smith a reality. What Joe now has as selling point to Smith is the History of Winning, a opportinity to play with Drummond and Bosh, a max deal. a newly drafted pure PG and a new coach.

PROS: We just signed Josh Smith who can effectively play the SF position, or PF for the next 5 seasons without killing our cap space. Putting Smith in a lineup with Drummond and Bosh both 7'0 athletic defenders makes us the best defensive frontcourt in all the NBA even better than the Wallaces (IMO). Josh being no defensive slouch can effectively defend Melo, Lebron, and all the other SF in the league.

CONS: None really that I think of short career ending injury (knocking on wood)

MY QUESTION TO ALL OF YOU: If you knew going into next season that the Pistons would start it with a lineup of Knight at SG, Smith at SF, Bosh at PF and Drummond at C with either Burke or Carter-Williams at PG and bench that still consisted of Singler, JJ English, Slava and Middleton. Were would we rank in the EAST?

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:01 am

Oracle wrote:
Phil1980boy wrote:Hello Pistons fans. My name is Khris. Yes I'm 1 more good draft pick made by Joe Dumars and his scouting staff. Yes, I injured my knee my last year in college so i slipped to the second round but like Joe Dumars told you, if I was not injured I would had been A first round pick so I was A steal.

Amen, how quickly we forget, LOL!

Yes Yes but how many times have you sung this very same song about a number of current and past players. When I look at Middleton I often think of Bonzi so I wouldn't toss Middleton away. But as I said it is insane to sit here and think that same way about every single young player on this team is crazy.

I see where everyone might be hesitant about judging players considering how Joe mishandle players like Amir, Affalo, and Delfino. But many of you before your current disdain for Stuckey, Maxiell and some other sang that very song of what might be. Just remember P-Boy you were so far up Joe's ass concerning Stuckey and sing the same song of him being better than Chauncey. You were also appluading Joe's trading of Affalo as wellwho you also thought Stuckey was better than

Now while Middleton has shown some positive signs that doesn't make him a potential starter for next season or the next Josh Smith, or Melo for all that matters.

How can you improve a team if you don't want to trade anyone?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty SHAKE THE FOUNDATION SHOCK THE WORLD REACH FOR THE STARS

Post  deusXango Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:27 am

WISEFAN wrote:
Miami know the issues they have after next season and my gut is telling me that the wheel in their heads are already turning. Please I'm on the phone with Miami trying to see how I can swap out Monroe, CV and Stuckey for Bosh. Then immediately July 1st on the phone with Josh Smith selling him on how great a Bosh, Drummond, Smith frontcourt would look in Pistons red, white and blue. Damn I just create the best defensive frontcout in the entire NBA and have 2 big that can stretch the defense because they can consistently knock down shots from 15 feet out. Draft either Burke or Carter-Williams and its a done deal and we still get to keep all those role players everyone raves about. BOLD

Wise, the first post I read of yours this morning was the one with the catchey post title.."shaking foundations, and reaching for the stars;" sh!t like that grabs my attention and coming from a poster like you I know that my imagination is going to be expanded but, aside from the fact that you don't like Monroe (not the same as hater),don't you think it's overkill to include him in a trade for Bosh? CV and Stuckey are worth $17 million in expiring contracts! If Joe were to include Monroe in that deal with Riley, he'd look like a punk and it's those type of moves that're making the GM's in the NBA loose respect for the Pistons. Bottom line; I'm not a fan of Bosh coming to the Pistons, especially coming from South Beach.

Wise, this hurt my heart; "Draft either Burke or Carter-Williams..." I was on the Carter-Williams bandwagon when you turned me on to a superior PG right here under my nose, and after watching both of them perform, I've drawn the conclusion that Burke is the superior talent (height has nothing to do with talent), and potentially the best leader on the next level. I don't want to believe that we got our asses kicked all season long to go into this draft all "willy-nilly." It's not either or for me (and it's your fault) but the best, and in my estimation Burke is the best!! MCW is good, don't get me wrong, but Burke does something that he nor any of the Pistons candidates for PG since Chauncey left does consistently; play under control and uses his head. That's who Joe should draft, and that's the stick that stirs the drink for us! Look at the benefits of drafting this young man:
-We save money by not having to bring Calderon back
-We can bring BK7 off the bench as our 6th man, a position that fits all "combo guards."
-Whatever trade value Stuckey has can/should be utilized A.S.A.P.
-Some of the money saved by not bringing Calderon back can be used to sign Tony Allen (who would provide a steading veteran presence for Burke).
The only way in hell I'd consider Carter-Williams to do the aforementioned things would be if Burke wasn't on the board when we picked, but I believe he will be. Think how foolish the teams that passed on Damian Lillard feel right now; hopefully we won't be in that position of feeling foolish next year. Another thing I want say for the record; I'm not comparing Burke to anyone (Isiah, CP3) based on his height....he's not a clone physically or game wise to anyone who's played before him, just as they weren't clones of any of their predecessors...that's what special and unique is all about.

I'm 100% behind the spirit of your post Wise, and I respect you ideas and thoughts; this sh!t has got to change and the sooner the better. I didn't get into the need for a coaching change, but if Joe puts together an earth-shattering roster, and turns it over to Lil' Larry, and it flounders and fails to produce under his watch, I've got a list of "Oooops People" who support this inept little politician. Remember how Phillip Boy rah-rahed Stuckey? Listen to him now.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty DX

Post  WTF Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:31 am

DX, its not even dislike thing with Monroe but more so a belief and timing thing when it comes to Monroe. Sure I think he's passive and soft and not so certain that things will change in the near future wit that. Funny thing is I like Bosh for all the things Monroe isn't. Bosh has been a 20 plus point scorer prior to heading to Miami, he's capable of stretching defenses with his ability hit shots beyond 15 consistently, he's an exceptional defender and a goto post player. Perhaps adding Monroe in that trade is overkill, but as I said shake the foundation, shock the world. In my mind Drummond, Smith and Bosh is far better than a Monroe, Smith Drummond, or even a Monroe, Bosh, Drummond trio, If we were to find ourselve contending in ECF next year with Drummond, Bosh, and Smith would any of us be worrying if we tossed Monroe. Sure we could possibly pull off that deal without Monroe and maybe get a additional 1st round pick for Monroe but in a game of chess you sometime sacrafice your queen in order to win.

DX, I haven't changed my mind on Burke, Carter-Williams just happen to be my choice if Burke is not available.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty MERC HAS ME PLAYING GM.....cool.

Post  deusXango Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:10 pm

Merc, I personally want to thank you for bringing us up to the present time; it ain't about crying over spilt milk, it's about making prudent plans for the future and not throwing the baby out with the bath water.

At seasons end I'm going to thank each and every player for their contributions and efforts, and have a private meeting with Drummond, Monroe, and Knight. The purpose of this meeting is to let the three of them know how much they're valued by the organization, that they are secure as pieces for our planned success going forward, and are Pistons for as long as they want to be; I would make it clear that this is now Andre Drummonds' team and that's who the franchise is building around. I would let them know that there is a coaching change planned, and that change is for the benefit of expanding their careers by raising the team to championship level, and creating a culture of excellence.

I would thank Lil' Larry and crew for the job they did, and announce that their services are no longer needed; good luck and farewell! You've got references should you need them. I'm in no rush to fill the HC chair.

I'm making arrangements for Drummond to be in an off season training program with Hakeem Olajuwan over the next 3 summers, to develop a couple of signiture offensive moves, defensive positioning, how to pace himself through the game, and the importance of being a gentleman on and off the court. He's playing under a rookie contract so I've got the bill; the results should make it a worthwhile investment. When he leaves Olajuwan's camp, there's a world class shooting coach waiting for him at the Palace to work on his free throws for a week (his shooting coach would be back for pre pre-season workouts also).

I'm wineing and dineing the agents of Josh Smith and Tony Allen, giving assurances that their clients will be brought into the best possible atmosphere for their continued success, and they'd be valued pieces of our franchises success. I'd let them see how classy our organization is, and that selling their clients on being a part of our organization was important to us.

I'm not offering contracts to anyone who's expired. I'm trying hard to trade Stuckey for Harkless (Sebastian, he's a LOoooG SF, not a SG), as I believe that to be a win-win for both Orlando and us. Once that's accomplished I'm done trading (for the time being).

Draft night, I'm taking Trey Burke in the lottery! If I can parlay the 2nd round picks and Jerebko for Dario Saric, with whomever drafts him I will, otherwise it's BPA come the 2nd round.

Signing Smith and Allen as FA's, then and only then would I make my coaching hire; Bill Laimbeer first choice, Brian Shaw is last to be considered (in a two man race it's no such thing as first and second, it's first and last). My coaching decision would be based on the candidates ability/willingness to convince Monroe and Knight of their value as role players (commanding the 2nd unit), and maximizing their skills at the same time. A coach who can point out that teamwork at the highest level has always had heroes in Detroit like Rodman, Salley, Johnson, Edwards, Williamson, Hunter, James, and Okur....these heroes made their contributions coming off the bench; rise to their level.

Starting the 2013-14 season with Bill Laimbeer as new Pistons coach, who would roll out a starting lineup of:
PG-Burke/Knight
SG-Allen/Middleton/English
SF-Harkless/Singler
PF-Smith/Monroe/Villanueva
C- Drummond/Kravtsov
Laimbeer has three years to turn this basic team into a top eastern conference contender/champion or NBA finialist...I say basic team because this is what I would have given him to work with without benefit of his input, as time went on I'd trust his judgement on who was needed and who wasn't.

Thanks Merc, that felt good. Very Happy
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty QUESTION WISE.

Post  deusXango Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:29 pm

Wise, what was the record like in Toronto when they had Bosh and Calderon together? They both had these wild-ass numbers but, I don't recall the Raptors making much noise on the contending front. Of course there was us, the Shaq led Heat, then the "Big 3" of Boston but, where were the Raptors?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty ANSWER DX

Post  WTF Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:04 pm

deusXango wrote:Wise, what was the record like in Toronto when they had Bosh and Calderon together? They both had these wild-ass numbers but, I don't recall the Raptors making much noise on the contending front. Of course there was us, the Shaq led Heat, then the "Big 3" of Boston but, where were the Raptors?

They were an above .500 team for at least 3 seasons while he was in Toronto. How could or would they make noise when Detroit, Miami, Boston, Chicago, Orlando, Cleveland and Indy were running rough-shot over the Eastern Conference Toronto didn't have the talent to contend did you see those rosters. You can't use Toronto record as arguement to make a case against what Bosh was doing in Toronto at that time. He lead his team regardless of record and you couldn't have expection of him beating out any of those teams with the roster he had. Fact is he was a dominating talent League Wide regardless to being on a losing team. If you do choose to use that as an arguement then you have to ask why isn't Monroe putting up the same kind of numbers.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty WISE????

Post  deusXango Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:31 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
deusXango wrote:Wise, what was the record like in Toronto when they had Bosh and Calderon together? They both had these wild-ass numbers but, I don't recall the Raptors making much noise on the contending front. Of course there was us, the Shaq led Heat, then the "Big 3" of Boston but, where were the Raptors?

They were an above .500 team for at least 3 seasons while he was in Toronto. How could or would they make noise when Detroit, Miami, Boston, Chicago, Orlando, Cleveland and Indy were running rough-shot over the Eastern Conference Toronto didn't have the talent to contend did you see those rosters. You can't use Toronto record as arguement to make a case against what Bosh was doing in Toronto at that time. He lead his team regardless of record and you couldn't have expection of him beating out any of those teams with the roster he had. Fact is he was a dominating talent League Wide regardless to being on a losing team. If you do choose to use that as an arguement then you have to ask why isn't Monroe putting up the same kind of numbers.
Wise, why did you think I was trying to make a case against Bosh? It's not so much that I don't want him here, I don't think he wants to be here!! You answered my question without realizing it, Toronto had piss-poor management and didn't surround Bosh with quality talent; we've got Calderon now but, in Toronto he was a "walk on" player, but after the experience Bosh had there do you think he wants to come to Detroit, after playing with the level of talent he has for the past 3 years, and an organization like Miami? In one full year Pat Riley emptied a roster to "pursue" two of the three top FA's and re-sign the 3rd! IMO until the day I die I'll believe that LeBron and Bosh was a done deal before the FA signing period even began. Florida has no state taxes and Michigan's taxes may go up under Gov. Snyder; the grey cloudy skies of Detroit compared to the sunny days and bright nights of South Beach, who in their right mind wouldn't want to come here? Seriously though, Calderon wants to leave (my gut feeling), and bringing Bosh here at the expense of loosing Monroe would be a disaster. From afar this has got to look like what Toronto was for him when he played there.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty RE

Post  Phil-Good Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:33 pm

"just remember P-Boy you were so far up Joe's ass concerning Stuckey and sing the same song of him being better than Chauncey. You were also appluading Joe's trading of Affalo as wellwho you also thought Stuckey was better than"

I'm not talking about Mr Big Shot in the Ego Billups who has played for 1000 NBA Teams. Not going to happen! thumbs down

Stuckey was better then Afflalo A few year ago. Afflalo has balls and heart. Stuckey lost his ball and has no heart. Now Afflalo is A way better player then Stuckey could ever dream of being. That's A mental thing not A talent thing.

And 1 more thing sour cynic. Stop making pussy excuses for these grown azz men. I have told you 1000 times to cut that pussy point of view out! A Man is responsible for his own success. He has to want it! He has to have more fire about his success then anybody else. I'm not going to keep schooling you YOUNG MAN!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty GM DX ...

Post  Sebastian Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:40 pm

deusXango wrote:Merc, I personally want to thank you for bringing us up to the present time; it ain't about crying over spilt milk, it's about making prudent plans for the future and not throwing the baby out with the bath water.

At seasons end I'm going to thank each and every player for their contributions and efforts, and have a private meeting with Drummond, Monroe, and Knight. The purpose of this meeting is to let the three of them know how much they're valued by the organization, that they are secure as pieces for our planned success going forward, and are Pistons for as long as they want to be; I would make it clear that this is now Andre Drummonds' team and that's who the franchise is building around. I would let them know that there is a coaching change planned, and that change is for the benefit of expanding their careers by raising the team to championship level, and creating a culture of excellence.

I would thank Lil' Larry and crew for the job they did, and announce that their services are no longer needed; good luck and farewell! You've got references should you need them. I'm in no rush to fill the HC chair.

I'm making arrangements for Drummond to be in an off season training program with Hakeem Olajuwan over the next 3 summers, to develop a couple of signiture offensive moves, defensive positioning, how to pace himself through the game, and the importance of being a gentleman on and off the court. He's playing under a rookie contract so I've got the bill; the results should make it a worthwhile investment. When he leaves Olajuwan's camp, there's a world class shooting coach waiting for him at the Palace to work on his free throws for a week (his shooting coach would be back for pre pre-season workouts also).

I'm wineing and dineing the agents of Josh Smith and Tony Allen, giving assurances that their clients will be brought into the best possible atmosphere for their continued success, and they'd be valued pieces of our franchises success. I'd let them see how classy our organization is, and that selling their clients on being a part of our organization was important to us.

I'm not offering contracts to anyone who's expired. I'm trying hard to trade Stuckey for Harkless (Sebastian, he's a LOoooG SF, not a SG), as I believe that to be a win-win for both Orlando and us. Once that's accomplished I'm done trading (for the time being).

Draft night, I'm taking Trey Burke in the lottery! If I can parlay the 2nd round picks and Jerebko for Dario Saric, with whomever drafts him I will, otherwise it's BPA come the 2nd round.

Signing Smith and Allen as FA's, then and only then would I make my coaching hire; Bill Laimbeer first choice, Brian Shaw is last to be considered (in a two man race it's no such thing as first and second, it's first and last). My coaching decision would be based on the candidates ability/willingness to convince Monroe and Knight of their value as role players (commanding the 2nd unit), and maximizing their skills at the same time. A coach who can point out that teamwork at the highest level has always had heroes in Detroit like Rodman, Salley, Johnson, Edwards, Williamson, Hunter, James, and Okur....these heroes made their contributions coming off the bench; rise to their level.

Starting the 2013-14 season with Bill Laimbeer as new Pistons coach, who would roll out a starting lineup of:
PG-Burke/Knight
SG-Allen/Middleton/English
SF-Harkless/Singler
PF-Smith/Monroe/Villanueva
C- Drummond/Kravtsov
Laimbeer has three years to turn this basic team into a top eastern conference contender/champion or NBA finialist...I say basic team because this is what I would have given him to work with without benefit of his input, as time went on I'd trust his judgement on who was needed and who wasn't.

Thanks Merc, that felt good. Very Happy

GM DX, I'll let Sweet Brown convey my response to your Administrative ideas ...

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next