Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sparma
merc
Phil-Good
deusXango
lemonpen
cool breeze
WTF
Oracle
Sebastian
13 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty CV, now is NOT the time for heroics dufus, now is the time for LOSING!

Post  Phil-Good Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:38 am

Charlie V and Rodney Stuckey does this **** at the end of every year. When **** don't count they **** ALL STARS! But when the game on the line in November-February you can't get these motherfuckers to show up at all.

I have to give Charlie V credit. He found his balls this season because he really had lost them. It looks like he took them from Rodney Stuckey because he been playing like Roshelle Stuckey this season. thumbs down

Dump Charlie V, drop Stuckey, let Mad Max walk. The Pistons are constipated and need to dump the bull **** ASAP! These players are all BIG LOADS OF DOG Sh*****t! Suspect
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Potential 2013 FA targets for the Detroit Pistons-Bleacher Report

Post  deusXango Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:18 am

Don't even bother reading that crap unless you want to be sick to your stomach; I really can't blame the national media for the lack of respect they give us, after the standards Joe Dumars has set by lowering expectations.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Holy Crapola Phillip...

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:53 am

Phil1980boy wrote:Charlie V and Rodney Stuckey does this **** at the end of every year. When **** don't count they **** ALL STARS! But when the game on the line in November-February you can't get these motherfuckers to show up at all.

I have to give Charlie V credit. He found his balls this season because he really had lost them. It looks like he took them from Rodney Stuckey because he been playing like Roshelle Stuckey this season. thumbs down

Dump Charlie V, drop Stuckey, let Mad Max walk. The Pistons are constipated and need to dump the bull **** ASAP! These players are all BIG LOADS OF DOG Sh*****t! Suspect

This is a GREAT post, you had me ROLLING on the floor, lol!

It was even funnier because I totally agree, LOL!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Potential 2013 FA targets for the Detroit Pistons-Bleacher Report

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:57 am

deusXango wrote:Don't even bother reading that crap unless you want to be sick to your stomach; I really can't blame the national media for the lack of respect they give us, after the standards Joe Dumars has set by lowering expectations.

It's a good thing I haven't eaten breakfast yet, or it would be all over the screen!

WTF are these guys thinking? That's a bleak looking FA crop if I ever saw one! If Joe went that low, I'll supply the blow torch to fire his arse!

I have to believe that even Joe is more innovative than these Media Clowns!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Mount Olympus Will Fall This Summer

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:01 am

Wise, I think it's a really good idea for Joe to pour over Grangers X-Rays too, and get Arnie's opinion about his injury. If you can get Granger back to normal, you've got a tremendous talent for our team!

I did have to laugh when you said that we have something Bird wants! You weren't too subtle that Bird likes guys like me, LOL!

I'd call you out on that one, but it just happens to be true, LOL!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Maggette

Post  Murph Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:38 am

I never wanted Corey Maggette here. I hated the trade when it took place, and hate it just as much now. The idea of giving away a 1st round draft choice, just to get rid of an over-paid player that was mistakenly signed, is absurd....not to mention that BG was about 100 times more productive than Maggette this season. But whatever...

My point is: Joe Dumars and the Pistons should have done the right thing and bought out Maggette or released him out-right. They should have at least given Maggette a chance to sign on with a team that might have played him. The Pistons totally screwed Maggette, and Maggette did absolutely nothing to deserve that treatment. He said and did all the right things all year.

IMO, this is just another example of the Pistons mis-managing and mistreating a player who never asked to be in this position in the first place. And if you think this kind of behavior won't come back to bite the Pistons, think again. I'm sure many potential free agents will notice how poorly the Pistons treat their players, and will be reluctant to sign on with the Pistons.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Not Great PR To Attract Plyaers

Post  WTF Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:54 am

"You see me every day," Maggette said. "I'm working -- working with the young guys, out on the court, in the weight room, doing everything I can do to be able to play on this team. But situations happen the way they're going to happen. Do I know why? No. Is there a reason why I shouldn't be playing? No. It's tough, because I am a competitor. But there's nothing I can do about it. - Maggette

Deep down I hated to see this happen to Mags, this was not a neccessary evil IMO. I have much respect for him in how he handle this season and his whole approach about not playing. This whole thing reeks and it's truely a poor reflection of both Joe and LF.

Mags is right why complain when he's pocketing 11 Million in the process, in hind sight this might even rejuvenate his career having not played and working with Arnie all season. Still players on the outside look at this sh!t, the remember what happen with CB, they remeber what happen with Affalo, they remember what happen with Rip, more importantly they remember that this place kills the career of players and coaches.

Mag will likely end up on the bench of a contender next season being the capable role plaer he's always been. Shame on Joe again.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty MR. BILL DAVIDSON

Post  deusXango Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:00 am

This is not the team Mr. Davidson envisioned when he labored hard to build it up to where it was; from top to bottom it's nothing more than junk! Sad
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Mount Olympus Will Fall This Summer

Post  WTF Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:04 am

Oracle wrote:Wise, I think it's a really good idea for Joe to pour over Grangers X-Rays too, and get Arnie's opinion about his injury. If you can get Granger back to normal, you've got a tremendous talent for our team!

I did have to laugh when you said that we have something Bird wants! You weren't too subtle that Bird likes guys like me, LOL!

I'd call you out on that one, but it just happens to be true, LOL!

Hey Oracle no offense intended, I just didn't have another way of saying it. LOL!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty I HAD A DREAM

Post  WTF Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:25 am

Man you know what would be great and I'm ure a first ever? What if MSU, Ohio State, Michigan and Indiana all end up in the Final Four....Wow! Even Better if both the Spartans and Wolverines were to face off for the Championship. I dreamed this last night for some strange reason, maybe it's possible

I think Ohio State and MSU can definitely make it, Michigan will need to get passed KU before it becoms a cake walk, but Indiana will have 2 tough games to win before they can make it.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Oladipo

Post  WTF Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:16 pm

I've been questioning Oladipo outside shooting and he hits a big three to win the game yesterday. Still haven't change my mind though on not drafting him. I won't die if we do but he just not on my top list of needs for the Pistons still think our need for a PG is greater and there no question IMO that Burke is the best option.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:25 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I've been questioning Oladipo outside shooting and he hits a big three to win the game yesterday. Still haven't change my mind though on not drafting him. I won't die if we do but he just not on my top list of needs for the Pistons still think our need for a PG is greater and there no question IMO that Burke is the best option.

That guy is a real streach as a lottery pick. Good defender though.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty OUR 1st Round Pick

Post  Sebastian Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:31 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I've been questioning Oladipo outside shooting and he hits a big three to win the game yesterday. Still haven't change my mind though on not drafting him. I won't die if we do but he just not on my top list of needs for the Pistons still think our need for a PG is greater and there no question IMO that Burke is the best option.

Piston Pals, if WE don't end up with a top three pick and thus not able to draft Otto Porter, Jr., then I think that Joe may need to seriously consider moving the pick for an established pro. Maybe, the 2013 1st Round Pick (draft for the Hawks), Jerebko, and Charlie V. in a sign and trade to the Hawks for Josh Smith.

Personally, I am no impressed with any of the potential draftees, other than Porter. I see Porter as the small forward version of Kenyon Martin, which I can live with on OUR roster.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty lemonpen

Post  WTF Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:57 pm

[quote="lemonpen"]

]That guy is a real streach as a lottery pick. Good defender though.[quote]

That's the exact same thing I've been saying since Merc and DX starting suggesting we use our lottery pick.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Draft prospects who are under the radar that I have watched all season long

Post  cool breeze Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:46 pm

The NCAA tournament has been great so far but as I try to watch closely, there is no doubt that the games this past week showed that there are about 25 players who have the same type of game. They are athletic but lack both defensive and offensive skills along with being short on having minds that play one step ahead of their competition. Once again, too many players want to enter the draft for the easy money but have put in the necessary work to refine their games. I have seen no big man who I could say would be a sure thing to be able to earn a spot in the rotation of any NBA team. I watched Tim Duncan in person play his last college game when his team lost to Stanford. I said at the time that Duncan could be a starter in the NBA in his rookie season. Why because he put in the work and waited until he had his position down especially on the defensive end. This year the skill position players at point guard, shooting guard and small forward seem to all have flaws of some kind. If you are a skill position player going into the draft, then you should really stand out in the NCAA tournament. Opposing defenses should have a special game plan to stop those players. I am not hearing that this is happening within the coaching ranks in this year's NCAA tournament. What are the alleged star players doing to overcome strategy to stop them either from eating up the other team with their defensive skills or finding a way to score on offense if the player is an offensive stud. That is why I think that players taken in the 2nd round will have as good of a chance to be successful as the first rounders. I just heard that J. Carson from Arizona State has decided to enter his name in the draft. He played point guard for the Sun Devils and being only a freshman still was a contender for PAC12 player of the year. Is he as good as Burke? I don't know but there is little difference that I can see. He played with sub standard players who were predicted to finish in the basement of the PAC12 and brought the team up to the point where they were very competitive in the league and had some big wins. Perhaps Carson will drop out of the draft if he is not projected to be a high first round choice but if he falls down and stays in the draft then I would jump at the opportunity to draft him. The other guy that I have had my eye on is Soloman Hill. He played power forward for 3 seasons getting beat up but holding his own being undersized. In high school, he was a point guard. Over the summer he lost 25 pounds and tortured himself on the weights and with running tune up to play small forward. He is a great defender who can guard power forwards to point guards effectively. His outside shot has been perfected to the point that he usually takes the key shot at the end of games. Hill is a guy that all of his teammates go to for advise. If there is a break in practice, the other players want to hang with Soloman because they respect who he is as a player and person. As Hill can do everything well but is not projected to be drafted in the first round, this is a slam dunk for any team who needs a consistant guy who will not make many mistakes coming off the bench. It will be interesting to see how he does against Ohio State.

I am sure many of you Piston fans have been watching the college game and especially the Big Ten. There are some players from that conference who are listed in draft boards as first round picks who I suspect many of you would worry about if Detroit drafted them. That is the way I see it. The Pistons should stack up more 2nd round picks and bring them in to find maybe one or two guys who are real players. The alleged first round guys all have the same flaws as many of the 2nd rounders.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Draft prospects who are under the radar that I have watched all season long

Post  cool breeze Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:58 pm

The NCAA tournament has been great so far but as I try to watch closely, there is no doubt that the games this past week showed that there are about 25 players who have the same type of game. They are athletic but lack both defensive and offensive skills along with being short on having minds that play one step ahead of their competition. Once again, too many players want to enter the draft for the easy money but have NOT put in the necessary work to refine their games. I have seen zero big men who I could say would be a sure thing to be able to earn a spot in the rotation of any NBA team next year and that includes Zeller. I watched Tim Duncan in person play his last college game when his team lost to Stanford. I said at the time that Duncan could be a starter in the NBA in his rookie season. Why because he put in the work and waited until he had his position down especially on the defensive end and his foot work stood out in his last game for everyone to see. This year the skill position players at point guard, shooting guard and small forward seem to all have flaws of some kind. If you are a skill position player going into the draft, then you should really stand out in the NCAA tournament. Opposing defenses should have a special game plan to stop those players. I am not hearing that this is happening within the coaching ranks in this year's NCAA tournament. What are the alleged star players doing to overcome strategy to stop them either from eating up the other team with their defensive skills or finding a way to score on offense if the player is an offensive stud? What did Muhammad do to stand out in that game against Minnesota? Did he make his team better in that game? No he was not there yet mentally. He scored 20 points but looked like a deer in the headlights. He needs more time in college so should any NBA team pick him in the first round unless it is a late first round position? That is why I think that players taken in the 2nd round will have as good of a chance to be successful as the first rounders. And NBA teams will not have to take chances with their money. I just heard that J. Carson from Arizona State has decided to enter his name in the draft. He played point guard for the Sun Devils and being only a freshman still was a contender for PAC12 player of the year. Is he as good as Burke? I don't know but there is little difference that I can see. He played with sub standard players who were predicted to finish in the basement of the PAC12 and brought the team up to the point where they were very competitive in the league and had some big wins. Perhaps Carson will drop out of the draft if he is not projected to be a high first round choice but if he falls down and stays in the draft then I would jump at the opportunity to draft him. The other guy that I have had my eye on is Soloman Hill. He played power forward for 3 seasons getting beat up but holding his own being undersized for that position at 6 foot 7 inches tall. In high school, he was a point guard. Over the summer he lost 25 pounds and tortured himself on the weights and with running tune up to play small forward. People saw him on the beach in Hawaii earlier in the season and said who is that stud body builder? He is a great defender who can guard power forwards to point guards effectively. His outside shot has been perfected to the point that he usually takes the key shot at the end of games. Hill is a guy that all of his teammates go to for advise. If there is a break in practice, the other players want to hang with Soloman because they respect who he is as a player and person. As Hill can do everything well but is not projected to be drafted in the first round, this is a slam dunk for any team who needs a consistant guy who will not make many mistakes coming off the bench. It will be interesting to see how he does against Ohio State.

I am sure many of you Piston fans have been watching the college game and especially the Big Ten. There are some players from that conference who are listed in draft boards as first round picks who I suspect many of you would worry about if Detroit drafted them. That is the way I see it. The Pistons should stack up more 2nd round picks and bring them in to find maybe one or two guys who are real players. The alleged first round guys all have the same flaws as many of the 2nd rounders. This is going to be a very difficult draft for GMs.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:05 pm

lemonpen wrote:

That guy is a real streach as a lottery pick. Good defender though.

I agree with you(lemon) & Wise! Yeah he stroked that 3, but more often than not he struggles with his midrange jumper. I too like his defense, but I don't want another no shooting SG on this team!

That's why I'd take Shabazz over Oladipo and make him work on his defense. Hell, it took RIP a few years to become decent defensively!

And if Shabazz isn't to anyone's liking, the I agree with Seb, use the pick to get an established pro!

There are a LOT of teams that will jump at a chance to pull from the lottery, even this weak one!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Murph on Mags

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:14 pm

Murph, I feel your pain on the trade! I was for it because I really thought we were on our way and there was little need to look back!

Oh how wrong I was, I didn't figure Frank's dismal coaching into the formula!

Still, there is some good news coming out of the trade.

1. We got rid of Gordon

2. We will land a high pick in the lottery

3. We have a lot of cash to spend

4. Mags shouldn't complain at all! First, the man got paid, and when I say he got paid, I mean he got PAID! He also SAVED a ton of mileage on his arse this season, and was allowed to fully heal any injuries he may have had! That means that he'll really be able to do something if he's picked up next season, so he made out like a bandit IMO!

So while I do agree with most of your points, don't worry about Mags, he'll always be able to feed his family, courtesy of your friendly neighborhood NBA suckers, er., fans!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Oracle & Seb

Post  WTF Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:49 pm

Who would you give up that pick for? Not sure what team have that they would be willing to part with in terms of proven veterans.

I can only think of one player I would be willing to make that exchange for and that would be Cousins if Sac-Town was willing.

I don't see anything currently on our roster aside from Drummond that say's we better of trading that pick when we have a bunch sh!t on our roster. Whatever we draft is going to better than what we have.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Over thinking

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:57 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Who would you give up that pick for? Not sure what team have that they would be willing to part with in terms of proven veterans.

I can only think of one player I would be willing to make that exchange for and that would be Cousins if Sac-Town was willing.

I don't see anything currently on our roster aside from Drummond that say's we better of trading that pick when we have a bunch sh!t on our roster. Whatever we draft is going to better than what we have.

Not only are you over thinking this, you're all over the map.

First you say who would do that, then in the next sentence you mention a team doing it with their franchise player? Huh?

You can't ask that question just yet, we need to first see where we finish, secondly, see what the final projected lottery players order will be, and who may be available for us to pick.

Then we need to weigh if the player we will most likely get is one that meets the needs we have.

Then we can make some logical conclusions, and based on needs, we can survey the teams that would be interested in picking higher and the players they have available, i.e. be smart!

BTW, if we get an established vet, he'll also be better than what's on the roster. I'm looking for a SF to replace Singler, or a SG to replace Stuckey, both needs that will most likely get filled by Joe!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Fennis Dembo: Faded Glory...

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:12 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Here is where Maggette has a valid complaint!

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:18 pm

"There’s nothing at all wrong with Maggette slipping out of Lawrence Frank’s rotation, as the Pistons really have little motivation to invest playing time in a 33-year-old wing who will become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season. But Maggette’s case seems all too common among NBA bench warmers, and Frank apparently hasn’t communicated anything regarding where Maggette stands.

Perhaps some players don’t warrant a breakdown as to why they wind up sitting on the bench game-in and game-out, but there is value to offering players a simple explanation as to the nature of their predicament. Doing so isn’t catering to the talent in a player’s league, but expressing a fairly basic courtesy to a group of adults being asked to bring consistent effort and focus to their basketball work on a daily basis. They could do so without the explanation, as Maggette has this season, but what’s the harm in letting a 13-year vet know why he hasn’t seen game action since mid-December, especially when he alleges to have done right by his coach and teammates in practice?

It’s easy to lob criticism at NBA coaches from this side of the wall, but my mild complaint is far from strategic second-guessing. Maggette shouldn’t play for the Pistons, and Frank is correct to see what he can get from the rest of his roster. But these kinds of situations, which seem to crop up several times a season, are hardly specific to Maggette and Frank. Head coaches get so much right in their management and direction of their players, but how is it that something as simple as a line of basic communication is botched between an experienced coach and an NBA regular?"

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Murph

Post  Sparma Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:50 pm

Great post.

I've hated the trade all along too.

If Frank can take a few minutes to fill Maggette in on his situation, that's a violation of basic courtesy. Beyond that, as you say, it's foolish because word gets around about this kind of stuff.

Maybe Frank was too busy dreaming up a complicated offensive scheme allowing an undermanned squad to flourish?
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:19 pm

Oracle wrote:"There’s nothing at all wrong with Maggette slipping out of Lawrence Frank’s rotation, as the Pistons really have little motivation to invest playing time in a 33-year-old wing who will become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season. But Maggette’s case seems all too common among NBA bench warmers, and Frank apparently hasn’t communicated anything regarding where Maggette stands.

Perhaps some players don’t warrant a breakdown as to why they wind up sitting on the bench game-in and game-out, but there is value to offering players a simple explanation as to the nature of their predicament. Doing so isn’t catering to the talent in a player’s league, but expressing a fairly basic courtesy to a group of adults being asked to bring consistent effort and focus to their basketball work on a daily basis. They could do so without the explanation, as Maggette has this season, but what’s the harm in letting a 13-year vet know why he hasn’t seen game action since mid-December, especially when he alleges to have done right by his coach and teammates in practice?

It’s easy to lob criticism at NBA coaches from this side of the wall, but my mild complaint is far from strategic second-guessing. Maggette shouldn’t play for the Pistons, and Frank is correct to see what he can get from the rest of his roster. But these kinds of situations, which seem to crop up several times a season, are hardly specific to Maggette and Frank. Head coaches get so much right in their management and direction of their players, but how is it that something as simple as a line of basic communication is botched between an experienced coach and an NBA regular?"

Oracle while Piston management did not want to invest in Maggette regarding granting him playing time, they did do that with Maxiell and Bynum. Dumars has never given up on Maxiell and maybe the same with Bynum. If Dumars cannot obtain another quality big man and expects that Maxiell will fill the void for another 3 seasons, won't that be grand!!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Falling For The Okie Doke

Post  lemonpen Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:00 pm

Oracle wrote:"There’s nothing at all wrong with Maggette slipping out of Lawrence Frank’s rotation, as the Pistons really have little motivation to invest playing time in a 33-year-old wing who will become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season. But Maggette’s case seems all too common among NBA bench warmers, and Frank apparently hasn’t communicated anything regarding where Maggette stands.

When guys come to town announcing their impending retirement isn't the stage kinda already set. Didn't he proclaim himself the good soldier, understanding the situation. He may have changed his mind concerning his future somewhere along the way but our objective remained clear (mostly). My gut tells me Cory is angling for another payday by casting doubt on any opinions that claim his tamk is empty.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next