Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sparma
merc
Phil-Good
deusXango
lemonpen
cool breeze
WTF
Oracle
Sebastian
13 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:12 am

Interesting comment about the current draft vs last year's talent... some saying most of the lotto picks would be no better than #5... some in the teens.... this is all the more reason to pick someone that is a proven defender.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty 2013 NBA Draft

Post  Phil-Good Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:22 am

I have not looked real hard at A lot of these players like I will in the next 30 days but so far I like what I see out of these group of NBA draft prospects.

Shabazz Muhammad: This would be the guy I would target. The Pistons need A BULLS-EYE, get the **** out of my way because I'm taking this shot, give me the damn basketball and be ready to rebound the basketball if I don't make the shot, if I can score 100 pts on you I will type of player. This is that guy. That's what the Pistons need.

Marcus Smart: This kid is not flashy at all. His highlights will not make you say WOW! He can't jump out the gym or shoot 3bombs like Reggie Miller. But this kid is A all around good basketball player. His low post game is polished for A guard and college kid, he big , he strong and he has A strong reputation as A team player and good kid. Brandon Knight like. tb

Nerlens Noel: Project! But anybody with common sense would love to have A 7'0 coming off the bench blocking shots and rebounding the basketball. This kid will slip in the draft. Guys will work they way past him in per-draft workouts guaranteed. This is the type of player you make A trade for A lower lotto pick and scoop up.

Anthony Bennett: Picture A Jason Mad Max but with talent! That's Anthony Bennett. Simple as that. If you get this kid Detroit will be set on the front-Line for the next 10 years if Greg and Drummonds continue to work and get better.

Victor Oladipo: Hard worker. You can't count A kid like this out. All aspects of his game are NBA ready except for his offense. Jason Richardson type of player but because he works so hard he could develop into A D.Wade, small Andre Igodula type of guard. You never know...
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty CV, CV, CV...

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:34 am

CV, now is NOT the time for heroics dufus, now is the time for LOSING!

Edit: BTW, this win really cost us, keeping us ahead of Cleveland!

Great you went off, but you needed to miss that last shot! Why can't you do what you always do... EFF UP!

Bro, can you think of more ways to hurt us? Can we get a rebate on your salary? Do you at least give out green stamps?

Oracle walks away shaking his head....

BTW: This win really cost us, keeping us ahead of Cleveland!

Last edited by Oracle on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Michigan

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:40 am

Ok, I know Michigan & Michigan State's games are basically home games, and that gives them a slight advantage, but I'm still loving the way both games turned out.

Michigan looked like they could go all the way with that performance! State looks like a team with a lot of potential if only they could get the mental part of the game together!

While Michigan looked like a well oiled machine, State looked like a powerful fumbler that just over powered a fiesty but ultimately weaker opponent!

Quibbles aside, it was sweet when the first two teams in the sweet sixteen were both from Michigan!

Yeah, Homer LIVES!!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty ELITE 8

Post  WTF Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:24 am

I can see at least 4 Big Ten teams in the ELITE 8 (Michigan, MSU, Indiana, Illini and Minny). Anyone of these teams could win it all before it all said and done. Watching all the games since the start of the tourney I don't think any of the other teams play as fundamentally sound as the Big Ten Conference teams.

The Zags looked terriblely over hyped as a #1 seed and that Butler team made some of the dumbest plays in a game that they should have won.

The next games for the Wolverine and Spartans may be tough likely against KU and Duke, but I think can get it done
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty LMAO!

Post  WTF Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:37 am

merc wrote:CV = Pistons anti-Christ... go away already!

Good One Merc lol!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Good TV

Post  WTF Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:43 am

There's a program airing Tuesday at 7pm or 8pm on Local 4 with interviews with the GM's of the Tigers. Lions, Wings and Pistons. Should be interesting if the questions are honest and direct, I can only imagine that everyone will get a drilling with the exception of you know who. Dumars will likely skate around every question.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Side Article

Post  WTF Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:02 pm

Should the Detroit Pistons Trade Greg Monroe? Five Potential Deals - Bleacher Report

Some nice suggestions of trade possibilities in there, not all but some. Maybe if mixed and match some of them the trade with the Wizard and New Orleans hmmmmmm.....could be mixed. I love Vasquez and draft Burke keep Knight as SG.

There still so many possible scenarios to trade Monroe. Keeping him will be a big mistake long term and we should trade him now.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Maxiell

Post  Sparma Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:26 pm

I'm not sure what 3 mil gets you these days, Deus. I was thinking of Bynum at 3 mil per and how that's been about at the right level. If the team can do something better with 3 mil than resign Max, than by all means do it. What I was attempting to convey was that I've been so eager to get rid of Max (for the reasons given!), but now I could see holding on to him for a team-friendly contract. Maybe such a contract would end up being for the minimum, or a tad above, a la Kravtsov.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Ohio State is in...

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:34 pm

In dramatic fashion!!!

Wow, I thought they were going down, but a buzzer beater 3 wins it!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:33 pm

Rett wrote:He's my man.... hehe

banana

Good to see you posting Rett!

I know you kicked Wise to the curb a long time ago, but as a friend, I must warn you that with CV, there is the real danger when you're dating outside of our species!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Allow me to clarify

Post  deusXango Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:41 pm

deusXango wrote:Sparma, don't you think that $3 million a year could go towards J.J. Hickson or Andrus Blatche, or even Tony Allen and be better spent? IMHO re-signing Maxiell signals that we're still rooted in a non-productive past; I honestly believe we can do much better without trying very hard.
Sparma, what I meant to imply was up to the $5 million we've been paying Maxiell, and not to exceed $3 additional million would obtain the services of one, maybe two of those players; Maxiell has been overpaid for the length of his last contract and he really isn't all that good, he's just who we've been forced to look at in a prominant role on the Pistons team, a team that's been consistently loosing ground in their division. That's just my opinion.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty 4 Seasons..... airing on Channel 4 at 9pm, Tuesday.

Post  Rett Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:27 pm

WISEFAN wrote:There's a program airing Tuesday at 7pm or 8pm on Local 4 with interviews with the GM's of the Tigers. Lions, Wings and Pistons. Should be interesting if the questions are honest and direct, I can only imagine that everyone will get a drilling with the exception of you know who. Dumars will likely skate around every question.

Should be a interesting show!!

Rett

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:40 pm

Wise, I'm not thrilled by any of those deals for Monroe but this kind of thinking should be on the table... let's say we make a deal that nets us Noel + assets... while he's not a great fit for us... he certainly would be for someone else... we could flip the asset.
Not afraid of dealing Monroe to the East conf... Dre would shut him down all day long.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Deus

Post  Sparma Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:19 pm

My point was more about now seeing a spot on the roster for Maxiell rather than how much to pay him, although you certainly don't want to overpay (as my 3 mil guess might do).

Again, I don't know what 3 mil gets you these days, let alone 1.5. Would it really suffice to bring a supertalented but unstable player like Blatche? I see he's earning just over 3.5 mil now, during a season in which it would seem he's raised his value. Tony Allen's earning just over 3 mil; last season he scored nearly 10 ppg and was named by GM as the NBA's best perimeter defender. How likely is it he's coming to the D for 3? This season, Hickson's averaging 13 points and almost 11 rebounds. I don't see him coming to the D for 3.

So, if there's a better way to spend the money than a minor contract on Max, go for it. Realistically, he could be a pretty good option if he were willing to sign cheaply.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty That's practical

Post  deusXango Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Merc, I like your line of thinking...there should be no "sacred cows" other than Andre Drummond.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty SPARMA

Post  deusXango Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:26 pm

I see your point, and it makes sense; I was thinking in the range of $3-$4.5 million each depending on the impact of the new C.B.A. and the demand for those players but, again I see your point.

By the way, I miss your avatar, I always thought it was the bomb!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty 4 Seasons..... airing on Channel 4 at 9pm, Tuesday.

Post  WTF Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Rett wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:There's a program airing Tuesday at 7pm or 8pm on Local 4 with interviews with the GM's of the Tigers. Lions, Wings and Pistons. Should be interesting if the questions are honest and direct, I can only imagine that everyone will get a drilling with the exception of you know who. Dumars will likely skate around every question.

Should be a interesting show!!

My Boo pom pom still love me Wink
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Nice Flick

Post  WTF Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:36 pm

Wow! Olympus Has Fallen was a pretty action filled flick from beginning to end. Predictable of course but damn good for a shoot'em film. I just hope there weren't any dumbass watching it thinking they could pull something off like that in real life.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Merc

Post  WTF Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:47 pm

merc wrote:Wise, I'm not thrilled by any of those deals for Monroe but this kind of thinking should be on the table... let's say we make a deal that nets us Noel + assets... while he's not a great fit for us... he certainly would be for someone else... we could flip the asset.
Not afraid of dealing Monroe to the East conf... Dre would shut him down all day long.

As a whole I wasn't all that crazy about them either but did like certain elements like the Vasquez and Burke scenario. I can almost see moments where Knight, Vasquez and Burke are all on the floor at the same time with Josh and Drummond running opponents into the dirt.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Deus

Post  Sparma Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:56 pm

Thanks. 4.5 gets closer to what I suspect those guys will command. Allen should come cheapest, because of his age. But then, it's not just about $$, but also about location/ odds of winning. It will be interesting to watch the signings unfold. I do hope the Pistons sign & draft enough big guys to negate any space for Max, but suspect we won't quite get there this summer.

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Olympus Has Fallen

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:22 pm

No, not the movie, but the LOAD that almost fell in Indiana Fans pants before they pulled it out!!!

It was so much closer than it should have been but the Hoosiers were playing a horrible game.

Still, it's the hallmark of great teams when you can play like sh!t and still pull it out in the end!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Draft pick up in the air. Nobody listed in first round by most boards stands out over players listed for the 2nd round picks

Post  cool breeze Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:12 pm

I was convinced that Shabazz Muhammad should be Detroit's pick if the were available. However, after he played flat over the past two ball games I wonder about his drive to become a good NBA player. He makes few mistakes and has an outside game and inside game but the jury is out concerning his committment to the game. Watching the NCAA tournament with players like Burke excelling, I wonder if this year's draft has very many impact players. When Burke plays against a big quick guard he is not the same player we watched this past weekend. However, there is no question of his committment to the game and his mental approach and decision making ability. And Detroit could use a real point guard but he could be over his head in the NBA because of his size and the basic difference between college and the NBA. Another thing comes to mind. The inferior quality of Piston big men still prevents the team from moving up and obtaining a winning record. Even if Drummond turns out to be a steady NBA everyday player, Detroit still needs another good defensive minded big man. Is there a real strong athletic big man in this draft that could help the Pistons? Should Detroit make a trade involving Monroe?

Is it time to part company with Maxiell, Bynum and Charlie V? Some including the wise Sparma talk about giving Maxiell a new but smaller contract. However, isn't it Maxiell who logs a lot of playing time now and will take up minutes next season from other potentially gifted big men who need time to develop? Can the Pistons continue to sell tickets playing a six foot six inch center with long arms and a lot of heart? If Frank returns, Maxiell would be playing the same role next season. This is a key off season where Joe Dumars needs to change this team for the better. There is no upside to giving Maxiell a contract unless your expectations are extremely low. I fully expect Knight and Singler will make adjustments in their games over the summer and come into camp fully charged and confident that they will be much better players. I have my doubts about Monroe's committment to defense. He might be the worst big man defender in the league right now. He obviously doesn't take to coaching much when it comes to defense as he makes the same mistakes this season as he did last season. But his offense has great potential and he has an outside chance of becoming a better defender in two more seasons.

If Dumars is not fired over the summer, his decisons over the summer will define his career as a GM. Has Joe Dumars provided any insight to anyone as to what direction he might want to go? Will he bring back the same old crew of Maxiell, Bynum, Stuckey and Charlie V? Or will Joe make a blockbuster deal that will change this team in a positive way?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Excellent Post Don!

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:05 pm

cool breeze wrote:I was convinced that Shabazz Muhammad should be Detroit's pick if the were available. However, after he played flat over the past two ball games I wonder about his drive to become a good NBA player. He makes few mistakes and has an outside game and inside game but the jury is out concerning his committment to the game. Watching the NCAA tournament with players like Burke excelling, I wonder if this year's draft has very many impact players. When Burke plays against a big quick guard he is not the same player we watched this past weekend. However, there is no question of his committment to the game and his mental approach and decision making ability. And Detroit could use a real point guard but he could be over his head in the NBA because of his size and the basic difference between college and the NBA. Another thing comes to mind. The inferior quality of Piston big men still prevents the team from moving up and obtaining a winning record. Even if Drummond turns out to be a steady NBA everyday player, Detroit still needs another good defensive minded big man. Is there a real strong athletic big man in this draft that could help the Pistons? Should Detroit make a trade involving Monroe?

Is it time to part company with Maxiell, Bynum and Charlie V? Some including the wise Sparma talk about giving Maxiell a new but smaller contract. However, isn't it Maxiell who logs a lot of playing time now and will take up minutes next season from other potentially gifted big men who need time to develop? Can the Pistons continue to sell tickets playing a six foot six inch center with long arms and a lot of heart? If Frank returns, Maxiell would be playing the same role next season. This is a key off season where Joe Dumars needs to change this team for the better. There is no upside to giving Maxiell a contract unless your expectations are extremely low. I fully expect Knight and Singler will make adjustments in their games over the summer and come into camp fully charged and confident that they will be much better players. I have my doubts about Monroe's committment to defense. He might be the worst big man defender in the league right now. He obviously doesn't take to coaching much when it comes to defense as he makes the same mistakes this season as he did last season. But his offense has great potential and he has an outside chance of becoming a better defender in two more seasons.

If Dumars is not fired over the summer, his decisons over the summer will define his career as a GM. Has Joe Dumars provided any insight to anyone as to what direction he might want to go? Will he bring back the same old crew of Maxiell, Bynum, Stuckey and Charlie V? Or will Joe make a blockbuster deal that will change this team in a positive way?
Wow Don, just too many highlights to cover them all, but here are the biggies.

1. This crop coming out in the draft looks pathetic so far! Even though Shabazz came up short(he did still score 20pts), and I didn't like what his Dad did to him, I won't blame the kid! He still looks good enough to draft at 5 or 6 if nothing better is there. However there's no two ways about it, I'm stretching to find a difference maker and standout player in this one, and almost NOTHING where we would pick!

2. I agree, get rid of CV and Maxiell by any means necessary! If we don't make a clean break now, we're stupid! It's time to move on, and only CV may be hard to get rid of, but if Joe resigns Maxiell, it will be a big mistake, I don't care if he'll come back at 2M/yr!

3. I think you and I agree with Wise on this one, now is probably the time to trade Monroe, but you can't give him away! He's going to be a good one, but the system will need to match his skill set. His poor lateral speed will likely doom him to being a poor defender forever unless he figures out how to position himself a lot better.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Mount Olympus Will Fall This Summer

Post  WTF Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:37 pm

When Fat Joe falls on his ass this summer when he fail to make drastic changes to clean up this roster. First thing that needs to happen at seasons end is LF needs to be fired ASAP! in fact if their last game is on the road don't even let him on the plane coming back. If he's not fired Joe job over the summer is that much harder

Josh Smith can be had, but only in a sign and trade scenario and I wouldn't be harping about giving him a Max Deal 18.5 to play here either. The Hawks would take Monore, and the expiring contracts of Charlie and Rodney if Joe offered it. I promise they would. Let the Hawks worry about if Monore will fit in their future instead. Do this and the starters are 3/5 intact at this point with Knight, Drummond, and Smith.

Danny Granger can be had, and Joe need to already be looking at his xrays and in Indy's Ear about Granger. Joe has the cap room to make this work and something Bird would love (Singler and JJ). Now 4/5 done with Knight SG, Granger SF, Dummond C and Josh Smith PF

The only issue remaining is a starting PG, do he draft Burke if he's there, or resign Calderon? My first choice is to be lucky enough to snag Burke in the draft, my second option find a FA PG or trade for one capable of running the team effectively. Gut keeps telling me that Calderon will bolt if the money isn't good and that would mean over paying him.

All the above can be done without killing all the cap flexibilty and allow Joe to go after a JJ Hickson, or Mayo and add some filler. Now 5/5 completed with Burke PG, Knight SG, Granger SF, Drummond C, and Smith PF all areas have been addressed. Team now has a BRAIN with Burke, Team now has Heart with Drummond and Smith, Team now has a Bigger Johnson with Knight and Granger on the perimeter.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next