Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
lemonpen
Sebastian
cool breeze
deusXango
FlyDog
merc
Oracle
Murph
Phil-Good
Grizz2
WTF
15 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM Empty FORUM

Post  WTF Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:01 am

The Twitterverse can be unkind to Pistons second-year point guard Brandon Knight.

But it's fair criticism when observers see his nightly inconsistency -- the latest viewing coming in Sunday night's overtime loss to the Bobcats, when he committed four turnovers and was hesitant down the stretch.

Knight averages 3.1 turnovers per game (tied for 10th in the NBA entering Monday). And among the leaders in the stat, he had one of the worst assist-to-turnover ratios at 1.48. For example, Rajon Rondo was third in turnover average at 3.7, but his ratio is 3.1, so the Celtics can live with a few miscues.

There is frustration regarding Knight, because many expected a bigger jump this season after a promising rookie season.

But ESPN analyst David Thorpe had this to say about Knight last week: "Knight recently turned 21 and is known for his special work ethic and intelligence, so there is plenty of reason to believe he'll improve a good deal. One side note: I've always thought he was going to be like Chauncey Billups, whose PER at age 21 happens to be the same as Knight's now (12.7)."

PER stands for player efficiency rating.

Knight might not become Billups, but the Pistons will remain patient. After all, the organization thinks point guard is the toughest position to master.

"You have to manage everybody's attitude, everybody's ego," backup point guard Will Bynum said after the loss. "You got to know where and what time to deliver guys the basketball in the flow of the offense.

"At the same time, you have to do what the coach wants you to do within that whole frame. The flow and pace of the game has to be so that you can play at the level that you want to play at as a team."

Contact Vince Ellis:

You know I sat and watched both the Pistons and Wolverines Sunday. First the Michigan game where a sat and watched Trey Burke deliver 12 assist with just 1 turnover and 7 of 10 FG's for 19 points. Then I watched Knight.

I will likely be screaming both Burke and Knights name for 2 very opposite reasons from now until the summer. I know some of you don't see what I see in Burke but I tell every single assist this kid had on Sunday were spectacular, fundamentally delivered, with precised percisoin. His game seems almost effortlessly like he does it with his eyes closed.

Then I watched Knight facepalm and the Pistons lose to the Bobcats WTF!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty trying to make up for that nightmare ..

Post  Grizz2 Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:15 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Why I Continue To Defend Cousins

Post  WTF Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:19 am

Damn now it's Melo, it seem everyone is catching the new disease Cousinitis just when we thought the rest of the league didn't act this way.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Last edited by WISEFAN on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Finally I Dream I Can Live With

Post  WTF Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:20 am

Grizz2 wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

THANKS GRIZZ! Now All I Need Is To Get A Hold Of Those Two Pillows
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Will The Media Harp On This For Months?

Post  WTF Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:29 am

A video posted by Comcast Sports Net New England showed Anthony waiting outside of the team bus as Knicks coach Mike Woodson appeared to be trying to calm Anthony down. Team and building security were also present as were several uniformed police officers.

Should we trade for Melo or is he of bad charater too? You know that Tay is a good character guy we should keep him.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty time machine

Post  Grizz2 Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:32 am

WISEFAN wrote:A video posted by Comcast Sports Net New England showed Anthony waiting outside of the team bus as Knicks coach Mike Woodson appeared to be trying to calm Anthony down. Team and building security were also present as were several uniformed police officers.

Should we trade for Melo or is he of bad charater too? You know that Tay is a good character guy we should keep him.

Wise .. we need a time machine .. go back to 2003 and get Joe D to draft this NCAA champ who really wanted to play for the Pistons .. Plus 3 to 4 championships past or future for the team .. Sure .. sign him to a max ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Give people the Link Sour Cynic. Don't just talk about it!

Post  Phil-Good Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:05 am

All these years and you still have not learn 1 damn thing Sour Cynic. You talking about Melo and K.G but you don't have 1 damn link to show the people what your talking about. HERE ROOKIE...

This is Pistons world. People want to see and talk about basketball Drama you Bird-Brain! lol
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Stuff...

Post  Murph Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:33 am

Personally, I'd enjoy seeing Melo kick KG's ass. Although, I have doubts about whether Melo could actually pull that off. box

But getting back to D.Cuz. The dude is no longer suspended, and was never on the trading block. So why is Wise still arguing for a trade? scratch

On the Ben Gordon trade. I seriously doubt we'll spend that cap money on a trade or FA signing this off fseason. IMO, the trade was just a salary dump, in order to save Mr. Gores $13.2 million on BG's salary in 13-14. Fair enough. Mr. Gores shelled out roughly $400 million to buy the franchise, and he's making a good faith effort to put the right people in place, and revitalize the team. If Mr. Gores wants to save himself $13 million next year that's certainly his perogative. But that doesn't mean the trade was a good one from a personnel standpoint. As a fan, I much rather have that 1st round draft choice, than save Mr. Gores $13 million. Sorry Tom.

I'm shocked the Bucks fired Skiles. Shocked I thought he was getting the absolute most out of a very limited roster.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Not Only Are Dumb And Smell Like Pee But Blind As Well

Post  WTF Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:49 am

Phil1980boy wrote:All these years and you still have not learn 1 damn thing Sour Cynic. You talking about Melo and K.G but you don't have 1 damn link to show the people what your talking about. HERE ROOKIE...

This is Pistons world. People want to see and talk about basketball Drama you Bird-Brain! lol

Bird Brain the link is attached facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Murph's stuff....

Post  WTF Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:50 am

Murph wrote:Personally, I'd enjoy seeing Melo kick KG's ass. Although, I have doubts about whether Melo could actually pull that off. box

But getting back to D.Cuz. The dude is no longer suspended, and was never on the trading block. So why is Wise still arguing for a trade? scratch

On the Ben Gordon trade. I seriously doubt we'll spend that cap money on a trade or FA signing this off fseason. IMO, the trade was just a salary dump, in order to save Mr. Gores $13.2 million on BG's salary in 13-14. Fair enough. Mr. Gores shelled out roughly $400 million to buy the franchise, and he's making a good faith effort to put the right people in place, and revitalize the team. If Mr. Gores wants to save himself $13 million next year that's certainly his perogative. But that doesn't mean the trade was a good one from a personnel standpoint. As a fan, I much rather have that 1st round draft choice, than save Mr. Gores $13 million. Sorry Tom.

I'm shocked the Bucks fired Skiles. Shocked I thought he was getting the absolute most out of a very limited roster.

Because I am hoping beyond hope and never saying never.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Murph Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:21 am

WISEFAN wrote:Because I am hoping beyond hope and never saying never.

LOL...yeah...I use that strategy a lot....like while I'm hoping for Brandon Knight to improve his PG skills, or for Austin Daye to gain enough weight to play PF. Smile

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Grizz

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:54 pm

I'm in LOVE!!!

I'm telling you, SHE could make me write bad checks!!!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Why I Continue To Defend Cousins

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:02 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Damn now it's Melo, it seem everyone is catching the new disease Cousinitis just when we thought the rest of the league didn't act this way.

This isn't a reason to defend Cousins, in fact it's a reason to think Cousins has totally LOST it!

Carmelo is actually in a battle for... drum roll... SOMETHING!!!

This is a battle to control the east that echos back to the 80's!

Cousins on the other hand is battling his own demons, the Kings aren't contending for squat!

Two different things IMO.

BTW, Phillip's link was to Melo waiting outside the building, which you mentioned, but did not show, but I don't see that as any oversight on your part.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Murph

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:05 pm

Murph wrote:I'm shocked the Bucks fired Skiles. Shocked I thought he was getting the absolute most out of a very limited roster.

Murph, I agree, I don't know how you can squeeze much more out of the Bucks the way they keep changing that roster around!

But you know the drill, you have to fire somebody, so....
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Bull Pucky No Difference Same Behavior

Post  WTF Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:26 pm

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Damn now it's Melo, it seem everyone is catching the new disease Cousinitis just when we thought the rest of the league didn't act this way.

This isn't a reason to defend Cousins, in fact it's a reason to think Cousins has totally LOST it!

Cousins on the other hand is battling his own demons, the Kings aren't contending for squat!

BTW, Phillip's link was to Melo waiting outside the building, which you mentioned, but did not show, but I don't see that as any oversight on your part.

Can't assume Cousins actions are random brain farts, what about Rondo chest bumping ref its all the same and we can't be selective when its okay.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Pucky and all

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:52 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:

Can't assume Cousins actions are random brain farts, what about Rondo chest bumping ref its all the same and we can't be selective when its okay.

You're totally missing the point!

Anybody can fight, it's only the FOOLS that fight when nothing is at stake!

The first thing you should learn in life, let alone your business, is to pick your battles!

Cousins doesn't have a battle, he's pissing in the wind and catching all of the blowback!

You still don't see a difference????
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Dwight "Dumb Butt" Howard!

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Wow, it didn't take long for this to go south! Fighting Kobe in the locker room? Yikes!

Looks like Shaq was right about this loser!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:05 pm

BTW, I don't know why you think I'm saying any of it is "Ok", I never said that, or even implied that!

The CLEAR implication that I'm making is that while what all of them are doing may be wrong, you have to be smart enough to know if the cause is worth the damage!

Cousins hasn't figured that out yet!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Oracle I'm An 80's Guy

Post  WTF Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:20 pm

Oracle wrote:BTW, I don't know why you think I'm saying any of it is "Ok", I never said that, or even implied that!

The CLEAR implication that I'm making is that while what all of them are doing may be wrong, you have to be smart enough to know if the cause is worth the damage!

You know I don't have a real problem with any of it though I draw the line at drug use, rape and guns. Sports are suppose to be this way, players fight, ref get bumped and coaches get disrespected. Personally I would have love watching Melo pop KG, the game is too freaking soft. To me Cousins just another player rather he pissing in the wind who know what beat he's dancing to I know he's know half as dysfunctional as Worm was in his day. BTW when he was pissing it wasn't winding until the media started blowing his dick Very Happy
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Wise Up Lakers

Post  WTF Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:24 pm

Oracle wrote:Wow, it didn't take long for this to go south! Fighting Kobe in the locker room? Yikes!

Dwight has no intention on remaining in LA after this season and I hope the Lakers see this.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Oracle I'm An 80's Guy

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:26 pm

I get you, and I agree up to a limit!

I think waiting for a guy by the bus to fight is a bit much, but on the court, stuff happens, and a little chest bumping or pushing and shoving doesn't bother me.

However, players need to know that the rules have changed, and adapt!

KG needs popping, he's one of the bigger arse holes out there, and I don't for one minute believe he's as tough as he pretends, and I think Melo knows that too!

Melo is a lot stronger than he looks, and he's also a lot younger than KG, lol!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:50 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:Wow, it didn't take long for this to go south! Fighting Kobe in the locker room? Yikes!

Dwight has no intention on remaining in LA after this season and I hope the Lakers see this.
The Lakers are screwed... Howard will bolt after this year leaving them without a center and no money to spend... Kobe will be another year older... do they have any tradeable talent?... Hope they enjoy the lux tax and being 2nd fiddle to the Clips... nice!
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Skiles gets the Ziggy

Post  merc Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:41 pm

Stephen Jackson must be diggin' this
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyDog Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:48 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:BTW, I don't know why you think I'm saying any of it is "Ok", I never said that, or even implied that!

You know I don't have a real problem with any of it though I draw the line at drug use, rape and guns. Sports are suppose to be this way, players fight, ref get bumped and coaches get disrespected. Personally I would have love watching Melo pop KG, the game is too freaking soft. To me Cousins just another player rather he pissing in the wind who know what beat he's dancing to I know he's know half as dysfunctional as Worm was in his day. BTW when he was pissing it wasn't winding until the media started blowing his dick Very Happy

I'm okay with drug use. Most of them smoke weed.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Cute

Post  FlyDog Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:50 pm

Oracle wrote:

I'm in LOVE!!!

I'm telling you, SHE could make me write bad checks!!!!!

I thought the last one was WAY hotter.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next