Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sparma
merc
Phil-Good
deusXango
lemonpen
cool breeze
WTF
Oracle
Sebastian
13 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Lemon: Falling For The Okie Doke

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:31 pm

I hope you read the article, because this wasn't about Maggette, the article was about a larger point, using Maggette as an example.

You could have used JJ, Bynum, CV, or any number of players that get sat down with little to no real explaination.

The article made it clear that it's not just the Pistons, so to the extent that Maggette could use the platform to make the statements you imply... I'm sure he would, and bless the reporter for helping out a vet!

However, the bigger issue is the one to focus on, and I'm sure nobody talked it over with Maggette, they just stopped using him.

If the writing was on the wall from day one, then why were they using him so much in the first place(I didn't understand that at the time)? Also as I mentioned, with virtually no mileage on him this season, I guarantee you he's a MUCH better player than the one we got coming off an injury.

If that's good enough to play elsewhere, who knows, but I tend to doubt it!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Scoreboard Watching

Post  Sparma Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:08 pm

Washington's gotten a big win; NO looks close. This is fun. How often in life do you get to succeed by failing?
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty FGCU

Post  WTF Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:28 am

You got to love this team, you can help but love their attitude and approach to advancing to the Sweet 16. Just a humble bunch of kids living out a dream. Best of Luck!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Just Stuff

Post  WTF Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:43 am

Very disappointed with the locker room celebration of the Pistons after ending 10 game losing streak. Beating a horrid Bobcats team to end a 10 game losing streak is little cause for celebration. I guess this is what happens with teams with no real leadership only this team could celebrate winning 1 of 11 games. Trade the whole f@cking lot facepalm

Message to Holford, McGary and Jordan: Step the hell up, all the way up! Your presence is required if the Wolverine are to beat KU this week. KU is big but they are soft bunch.

I really want to see an All Big Ten Final Four: GO BIG TEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:35 am

"I really want to see an All Big Ten Final Four" - Wise

I'm not that greedy, I'll settle for another All Big Ten Championship game, and one of the two being Michigan or Michigan State!

However if that is the case, my money is on Michigan because State turns over too much for my taste!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Minnesota

Post  Oracle Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:04 am

Fires Tubby Smith
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Minnesota

Post  deusXango Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:20 am

Oracle wrote:Fires Tubby Smith
Yeah Oracle, they fired the coach that just beat the coach who got fired (Ben Howland). These men were fired because their fan bases didn't like 'em, even though they over-achieved; we're under-achieving and the Pistons fan base falls just short of hating Lil' Larry but, he's becoming more secure in his position as time goes on. If we beat Minny tonight, that's two in a row; bring him back for another year!!!! Who can figure? The expectations in college are greater than the pros?!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Looking into my crystal ball...

Post  deusXango Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:39 am

WISEFAN wrote:Message to Holford, McGary and Jordan: Step the hell up, all the way up! Your presence is required if the Wolverine are to beat KU this week. KU is big but they are soft bunch.
I see these guys ganging up on m'man Jeff Withey and kicking his ass, come Friday; Wise, this is where Ben McLemore gets exposed for the over-hyped fraud that he is...what was that snapping sound? Oh, Lil' Tim Hardaway breaking Ben's ankles.

Wise, this is the game (next to the NCAA championship game) I've been waiting for; national stage, all the marbles on the line, winner take all, going up against a nationally hyped college superstar, and Trey Burke shows his natural ass by taking his game to a whole new level...damn the naysayers!!! Thanks for the "heads up" bro, I've really enjoyed watching U of M this year, and Trey Burke has been a revelation!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Oladipo

Post  Murph Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:45 am

lemonpen wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:I've been questioning Oladipo outside shooting and he hits a big three to win the game yesterday. Still haven't change my mind though on not drafting him. I won't die if we do but he just not on my top list of needs for the Pistons still think our need for a PG is greater and there no question IMO that Burke is the best option.

That guy is a real streach as a lottery pick. Good defender though.

I disagree that this guy is a stretch as a lotter pick. In fact, IMO, he's one of the most complete players in this year's draft.

Not only has he improved his offense this season, to go along with his outstanding defense and athleticism, but he's also demonstrated strong leadership. In fact, he and Cody Zeller have been leading their team all season, with 2 wins each over MI and MSU, and a win over OSU. And Oladipo hit a key 3 pointer late in the game to help the Hoosiers ice Temple last Sunday. Lets see how he does this Thursday against 'Cuse.

Last edited by Murph on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Maggette

Post  Murph Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:50 am

lemonpen wrote:
Oracle wrote:"There’s nothing at all wrong with Maggette slipping out of Lawrence Frank’s rotation, as the Pistons really have little motivation to invest playing time in a 33-year-old wing who will become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season. But Maggette’s case seems all too common among NBA bench warmers, and Frank apparently hasn’t communicated anything regarding where Maggette stands.

Perhaps some players don’t warrant a breakdown as to why they wind up sitting on the bench game-in and game-out, but there is value to offering players a simple explanation as to the nature of their predicament. Doing so isn’t catering to the talent in a player’s league, but expressing a fairly basic courtesy to a group of adults being asked to bring consistent effort and focus to their basketball work on a daily basis. They could do so without the explanation, as Maggette has this season, but what’s the harm in letting a 13-year vet know why he hasn’t seen game action since mid-December, especially when he alleges to have done right by his coach and teammates in practice?

It’s easy to lob criticism at NBA coaches from this side of the wall, but my mild complaint is far from strategic second-guessing. Maggette shouldn’t play for the Pistons, and Frank is correct to see what he can get from the rest of his roster. But these kinds of situations, which seem to crop up several times a season, are hardly specific to Maggette and Frank. Head coaches get so much right in their management and direction of their players, but how is it that something as simple as a line of basic communication is botched between an experienced coach and an NBA regular?"

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
When guys come to town announcing their impending retirement isn't the stage kinda already set. Didn't he proclaim himself the good soldier, understanding the situation. He may have changed his mind concerning his future somewhere along the way but our objective remained clear (mostly). My gut tells me Cory is angling for another payday by casting doubt on any opinions that claim his tamk is empty.

My point on Magette is that after the trade deadline passes, and it was clear that we weren't going to trade his expiring contract for anything of value, the Pistons should have given Maggette his release. Keeping him on the roster served no purpose.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Falling For The Okie Doke

Post  deusXango Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:11 am

Oracle wrote:I hope you read the article, because this wasn't about Maggette, the article was about a larger point, using Maggette as an example.

You could have used JJ, Bynum, CV, or any number of players that get sat down with little to no real explaination.

The article made it clear that it's not just the Pistons, so to the extent that Maggette could use the platform to make the statements you imply... I'm sure he would, and bless the reporter for helping out a vet!

However, the bigger issue is the one to focus on, and I'm sure nobody talked it over with Maggette, they just stopped using him.

If the writing was on the wall from day one, then why were they using him so much in the first place(I didn't understand that at the time)? Also as I mentioned, with virtually no mileage on him this season, I guarantee you he's a MUCH better player than the one we got coming off an injury.

Oracle, this is the second time in the last five years that Joe has traded for a large expiring contract, and neither one of those moves benefited the teams morale; it remains to be seen how this money will be spent but, should he bring Lil' Larry back, muck up the draft, don't get rid of Stuckey, and re-signs Maxiell, I believe he'll make the BG and CV signings look like signing LeBron and Chris Paul, in comparison. We spend so much time talking about who doesn't want to come here but, has anyone ever given a thought to who does and why? Detroit has become the "cash cow" that the dregs love to suck from tit, and that's all on Joe.

Lil' Larry duplicated Banjo's mistake by putting this "end of the road" player in his rotation at all; Iverson was drunk with the power of popularity (for heroics of the past) and actually thought he had some game left, as did many fans because he was voted into the all-star game, but it's not the same with Maggette. What Maggette is, is smart enough to bring down this political based house of cards, in a professional manner, and for that my hats off to him; the bullsh!t has gone on for too long.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Oracle

Post  WTF Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:57 am

Oracle wrote:"I really want to see an All Big Ten Final Four" - Wise

I'm not that greedy, I'll settle for another All Big Ten Championship game, and one of the two being Michigan or Michigan State!

However if that is the case, my money is on Michigan because State turns over too much for my taste!

I'm Greedy! I want to see it all happen. I want to see the Wolverines and Hoosiers go at it a third time, what better setting for them to bump heads again (for the right to play in the championship). Then on the other side a battle of the states Michigan State against Ohio State Co-Wnners of the Big Ten Conference I would love it, absolutely love it.

If all four (Spartans, Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Wolverines) win their Sweet 16 games it as good as accomplished. It's not often the Big Ten gets call the best conference and having all 4 in would validate it.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  WTF Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:07 am

deusXango wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Message to Holford, McGary and Jordan: Step the hell up, all the way up! Your presence is required if the Wolverine are to beat KU this week. KU is big but they are soft bunch.
I see these guys ganging up on m'man Jeff Withey and kicking his ass, come Friday; Wise, this is where Ben McLemore gets exposed for the over-hyped fraud that he is...what was that snapping sound? Oh, Lil' Tim Hardaway breaking Ben's ankles.

Wise, this is the game (next to the NCAA championship game) I've been waiting for; national stage, all the marbles on the line, winner take all, going up against a nationally hyped college superstar, and Trey Burke shows his natural ass by taking his game to a whole new level...damn the naysayers!!! Thanks for the "heads up" bro, I've really enjoyed watching U of M this year, and Trey Burke has been a revelation!

I hoping the coach has been saving and resting Morgan for this moment, McGary is pure energy but he's still a freshmen though he's been hugh in the past 2 games. Holford hasn't hurt them but plays as if he's still injured. After these three there's nothing else on the bench in terms of big men.

I wasn't impressed with Mclemore looks like another hyped player with no fundamentals. Burke has yet to play his best game so far. Hopefully it happens Friday
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Make A call to Philly 76ERS and see if you can get Evan Turner

Post  Phil-Good Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:00 pm

Evan Turner. I like this Kids game. Puts me in the mind of A poor mans Grant Hill or A very...Very.. poor mans Scottie Pippen. Basically this kid is A 6'7' high IQ Point Forward.

I would call Philly and see what the asking price is for this guy. I'm sure it's way too high but I still would see if they would accept A trash player like Stuckey or Charlie V in exchange. With Holiday becoming A official NBA All Star there is no need for E.Turner in Philly.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Okie Doke

Post  lemonpen Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:09 pm

Oracle wrote:I hope you read the article, because this wasn't about Maggette, the article was about a larger point, using Maggette as an example.

Too many times when players or people for that matter voice claims of "lack of communication" what they really mean is "I didn't like or don't agree with what was said to me" and "I don't get where they are coming from with that assessment". Underperformance is often blamed on everything under the sun except, "I Sucked".
The few times Cory played early in the season it was pretty evident he was unable to lead by example. They way Frank likes his vets you can believe Cory would have played if there were any glimmer of game left.
CM has been a good Joe all season and if he now needs to say things to boost outside interest for 2014 I'm ok with it. But I'm not ready to paint the L ugly because guys have differing views about themselves.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Okie Doke

Post  lemonpen Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:09 pm

Too many times when players or people for that matter voice claims of "lack of communication" what they really mean is "I didn't like or don't agree with what was said to me" and "I don't get where they are coming from with that assessment". Underperformance is often blamed on everything under the sun except, "I Sucked".
The few times Cory played early in the season it was pretty evident he was unable to lead by example. They way Frank likes his vets you can believe Cory would have played if there were any glimmer of game left.
CM has been a good Joe all season and if he now needs to say things to boost outside interest for 2014 I'm ok with it. But I'm not ready to paint the L ugly because guys have differing views about themselves.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Tom Gores’ company gives money to Detroit for ambulances, police cars

Post  Oracle Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:57 pm

I hope he has some left over to put out that fire in his roster!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty That Middleton Dunk...

Post  Oracle Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:08 pm

Will be a highlight of this game!

Wow, really nice!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty If you're an Owner, GM, or a Fan...

Post  Oracle Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:19 pm

When your team performs this badly, is there ANY rational to NOT fire the coach?

If any coach performs this badly, there isn't a single justification I can think of that should save his job!

Even if you think he deserves a chance with better talent, you have to fire hm just to get the change a team needs to turn a corner!

I'm sorry, I even believed that I would have to endure one more season for Frank, but this has to be it!

This is the worst embarrassement I've ever seen as a Piston fan! Frank is getting worse, and I mean a lot worse than I ever thought he could be!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty I can't watch anymore of this...

Post  Oracle Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:30 pm

It's the revenge of Chase Buddinger!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Minn

Post  Sparma Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:57 pm

Had the game on, but just watched a bit as I worked on other things.

Sometimes it seems as if outstanding Eastern European centers are readily available. And sometimes it seems like we may not have gotten the prize of the litter. Kravtsov appears to be powerful, but he often doesn't finish with force; most notably, he's supertall, but he doesn't seem to rebound that well. He's shown flashes for sure, so it may all come together.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty SPARMA

Post  deusXango Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:06 am

Sparma wrote:Had the game on, but just watched a bit as I worked on other things.

Sometimes it seems as if outstanding Eastern European centers are readily available. And sometimes it seems like we may not have gotten the prize of the litter. Kravtsov appears to be powerful, but he often doesn't finish with force; most notably, he's supertall, but he doesn't seem to rebound that well. He's shown flashes for sure, so it may all come together.
Sparma, could it be due to the lack of PT and exposure to the American pro game? I mean really, how much time has he had to adjust to the speed of the game, develop on court chemistry with his team mates, etc.?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Every loss can be just like A Win if Joe gets this last lottery pick right

Post  Phil-Good Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:33 am

I don't see the Detroit Pistons having A lottery pick this high again for A very long time. All Joe needs to do is get this one right. I like the scoring machine, kid from UCLA. I forget his name but that's the guy that I like.

It looks like the Pistons might have A real shot at getting the number 1 pick this year. Too bad there's no real # 1 player to be had in this draft.

But I can also roll with the 2-Guard from Kansas. Kid looks to have all the tools to be A great NBA player. His jump-shot form looks really special. Or maybe A big time trade?

Add all the cap room the Pistons have and things could get very interesting this summer. hehe hehe

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Sorry Group Of Players

Post  WTF Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:29 am

Pistons look to finish up difficult season like pros - Detroit News

This isn't a pro team so how will they managed that I wonder. Yeah Yeah I know fire Lil Larry and I agree, but please don't go thinking that after Lil Larry is gone all will be well. This team needs a complete make over! Starting with the Fat Guy!

All I could do was laugh and reflect on the action of the players in the locker room after beating the Bobcats. It said a lot about how brain dead this team is, how out of touch they are with being professionals and what it means in having pride.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Oh Really...

Post  Oracle Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:58 am

WISEFAN wrote:Pistons look to finish up difficult season like pros - Detroit News

This isn't a pro team so how will they managed that I wonder. Yeah Yeah I know fire Lil Larry and I agree, but please don't go thinking that after Lil Larry is gone all will be well. This team needs a complete make over! Starting with the Fat Guy!

All I could do was laugh and reflect on the action of the players in the locker room after beating the Bobcats. It said a lot about how brain dead this team is, how out of touch they are with being professionals and what it means in having pride.

Getting rid of Frank won't change anything?

Words of wisdom from the people that blamed Knight and just knew that a true PG was the solution?

Well we got that PG, and it's worse than ever!

Wake up, it's the system!

BTW, I'm getting on the Burke bandwagon. He should be on our list, I love his skills and heart!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next