Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
lemonpen
Sebastian
cool breeze
deusXango
FlyDog
merc
Oracle
Murph
Phil-Good
Grizz2
WTF
15 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Merc

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:08 pm

merc wrote:Before the game I proposed a deal of Stuckey for Green... Stuckey has played well vs the C's
Coaches decision don't mean **** if a guy is gonna be dealt... why wouldn't he be on the bench?

True, but it was strange that 30 minutes before the game, you get the CD!

However, the BIGGER backdrop is what happened to Rondo, and that news could probably force the Celtics hand on movement!

Green had a really good game today against the Heat, but has generally been a shadow of his former self!

Could we get a rookie and a pick?

IMO, Stuckey would thrive if given total control of the Celtics offense! He knows how to dish, and he can attack the rim!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:11 pm

From the News... "Asked via text message if there is a trade brewing involving Stuckey, president of basketball operations Joe Dumars replied via text, "Not at all."
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:15 pm

Knight playing great tonight so far
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Not Watching

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:34 pm

merc wrote:Knight playing great tonight so far

But the box score says Knight doesn't have any assists. Of course......when you're out there with Maxiell, Prince and Singler.........

Who is Reddick guarding? They need to attack him, of course, again, with Prince and Singler out there...........
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Tell me again why English isn't getting PT?

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:39 pm

This kid looks really good, and he's rusty as hell!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:03 pm

FlyDog wrote:

But the box score says Knight doesn't have any assists. Of course......when you're out there with Maxiell, Prince and Singler.........

Who is Reddick guarding? They need to attack him, of course, again, with Prince and Singler out there...........
Knight was distributing the ball... didn't get credit for a couple of assist?
Because of Stuckey he was playing SG quiet a bit (Bynum at PG)... looked good.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Sorry to hear this ..

Post  Grizz2 Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:17 pm

merc wrote:Rondo blows ACL... out for the year.
The C's may drop out of playoff contention
Merc... Rondo was the last good young player the Cs had and was holding it all together for them.. They were treading water at 500 and to be honest .. Doc Rivers was doing an amazing job to get them that even ...

Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz2 Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:20 pm

merc wrote:From the News... "Asked via text message if there is a trade brewing involving Stuckey, president of basketball operations Joe Dumars replied via text, "Not at all."

Merc .. Stuckey has stunk recently ..and .. who knows .. maybe Frank and Stuckey have had a falling out .. I respect Joe for being so blunt on that ..I also wonder about giving a CD-DNP before the game .. that suggests there is an injury or a relationship problem with Frank ..

Oh my when I think how optimistic many of us were about Stuckey from his rookie year .. And all the money he has gotten for doing basically crap .. Darko .. we should of kept you ... lol
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Knight & Monroe Show!

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:26 pm

Knight hit two BIG 3pt shots down the stretch, and Monroe a Layup!

Go Youngsters!!!

Great way to gut one out on the road!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Looks like the rotation is .. still evolving ..

Post  Grizz2 Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:29 pm

Oracle wrote:This kid looks really good, and he's rusty as hell!!!

Hope he makes everyone forget about Stuckey's departure from the Pistons .. Stuckey has always had talent but mentally .. he just never showed the courage and leadership and determination he needed to .. This was SUPPOSED too be his year .. Ben Gordon and Rip Hamilton .. gone ...
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Grizz: Sorry to hear this ..

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:30 pm

Grizz2 wrote:
merc wrote:Rondo blows ACL... out for the year.
The C's may drop out of playoff contention
Merc... Rondo was the last good young player the Cs had and was holding it all together for them.. They were treading water at 500 and to be honest .. Doc Rivers was doing an amazing job to get them that even ...

Yeah, the Celtics are a bunch of old Geezers with a noticable Death Rattle!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Go PISTONS....GO BLUE!

Post  Rett Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:32 pm

lol
hehe

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Go Pistons!

Post  Grizz2 Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:37 pm

We are not the worse team in the NBA .. dance Cavs will make a run to over take us it seems .. Boston is out of the play-offs though with this Rondo thing . because it will make them look as old as they are with their star play maker out .. If we dont make the play-offs .. will be very disappointing .. because the east is full of bad bad teams .. Our mission if we choose to accept it .. to be the best of those bad teams .. with bad rosters and bad head coaches .. door

happy too see Brandon K and Greg M .. being the leaders ... Glad to see Bynum playing with Knight .. we need 2 outside shooters minimum ...

Disappointed in the way the starting line up is working though .. Frank has to make a change .... and disappointed in limiting Drummond to 16 minutes ...

I want the team to win now .. I want the Frank to get fired .. BOTH CANT HAPPEN...I want the Pistons to make the play-offs . I want the Pistons to have a number one pick in the draft ... BOTH CANT HAPPEN scratch
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Orlando

Post  Sparma Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:41 pm

Incredible finish. Playoffs, here we come (even so, sorry to hear about Rondo).

Weird thing about Stuckey. He'd definitely been slipping recently. When he asked to be on the second unit, I don't think he envisioned playing second fiddle to Bynum. He must have some frustrations built up, which can be a delicate issue when paired with the tremendous egos of so many top athletes. Just speculation though. He's probably ruined the ideal trade scenario I'd hoped for.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Good deal now that I think of it ..

Post  Grizz2 Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:45 pm

merc wrote:Before the game I proposed a deal of Stuckey for Green... Stuckey has played well vs the C's
Coaches decision don't mean **** if a guy is gonna be dealt... why wouldn't he be on the bench?

Merc . I was at first glance .. was gonna rag on that deal .. because I dont like Green but .. I dont like Stuckey stinking it up here anymore either .. I think you are right .. this is a good deal for both teams ... But would Green supplant Prince at SF?

Prince is doing all the little things that dont stop us from losing to average or good teams .. I wish .. after all his effort and long time service to the team .. You would think that I could feel some loyalty or appreciation to his game .. but I dont .. I actually just want him gone from the picture, and wanted him gone 3 years ago, so someone else can take the SF over with more of a killer edge to him ..

I mean .. tight game .. a few minutes left in the Magic game .. he is shooting bad .. gets the call to shoot a half hook shot after a time out .. which he missed .. The thing is he was laughing and smiling before that moment came .. I guess that is a good thing in most kinds of jobs in life . but .. for the NBA .. I just want someone meaner and more determined ..

Don .. tell me I am completely wrong!
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:51 pm

Frank refusd to answer why Stuckey was out... "let's just call it a coaches decision".
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty What to do with the guards?

Post  Sparma Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:53 pm

Only watched most of the fourth and snatches of the 3rd, so the box score came as a shocker (having tuned in to the Magic call): Knight with 31 points, 0 assists; Bynum with 12 assists. Was able to watch Bynum together with Knight in the 4th, with Knight off the ball, seeming to bury the Magic with his distance shooting. That combo has defensive liability written all over it, but might well work offensively. I won't be belabor my long standing preference for BK at 6th man. Bynum and Knight on the first unit would be intriguing though, partly because it would leave Stuckey with no excuses on the second unit. It's great that English got a real shot.

Last edited by Sparma on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Merc is reading my mind or I am reading his ...

Post  Sebastian Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:04 pm

Oracle wrote:

True, but it was strange that 30 minutes before the game, you get the CD!

However, the BIGGER backdrop is what happened to Rondo, and that news could probably force the Celtics hand on movement!

Green had a really good game today against the Heat, but has generally been a shadow of his former self!

Could we get a rookie and a pick?

IMO, Stuckey would thrive if given total control of the Celtics offense! He knows how to dish, and he can attack the rim!

Merc, after learning of the news that Rondo will be out for the remainder of the season and well into the midway of next season, I started to think how can WE help the Celtics. Then when I learned that Stuckey will be out and on the bench in street clothes, I started to think even more about the Celtics and their lost.

Then I said, just like you have proposed, WE could do a straight swap of Stuckey for Green. WE would be addressing OUR SF position, while offering the Celtics a chance to salvage their season with Stuckey's PG services. Stuckey in someways is better than Rondo: 1) he can get to line and convert; 2) he can guard the position as effectively as Rondo; and 3) he would a cheaper player, next season when his contract goes to $4 million, oh and 4) he can play along with Rondo, when he does return.

I agree with Merc, Joe needs to make a move, while the Celtics are in panic mode.

Additionally, I would look into moving Tay and Daye to the Magic for Afflalo. Tay and Jameer seem to get along well and Tay could help them at the SF position and Daye can do some of the things that Afflalo can do and will offer the Magic $3 million in cap relief on July 1.

Joe needs to get his ass to work!!!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Raining On Everyone's Parade

Post  WTF Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:07 pm

25 assist and not a single one belonging to Brandon I still have an issue with this and could care less about the 31 he just put up a scrub can get hot...Yes his 2 treys in crunch were in all likelihood game winners.

Hold your horses on the C's fading enough that we steal the 8th seed there's still Philly and the Old Geezers just popped the Heat without Rondo. Suggesting we trade Stuckey to the C's makes it even more difficult to catch the C's so we might want to hold out horses on making any deals with the C's if were dreaming of being an 8th seed. But I wouldn't be surprised if Joe hasn't pulled the trigger on this already.

Okay nice seeing English get some burn that was great

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Frank + KNIGHT = SG, NOT PG

Post  Grizz2 Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:10 pm

WISEFAN wrote:25 assist and not a single one belonging to Brandon I still have an issue with this and could care less about the 31 he just put up a scrub can get hot...Yes his 2 treys in crunch were in all likelihood game winners.

Hold your horses on the C's fading enough that we steal the 8th seed there's still Philly and the Old Geezers just popped the Heat without Rondo. Suggesting we trade Stuckey to the C's makes it even more difficult to catch the C's so we might want to hold out horses on making any deals with the C's if were dreaming of being an 8th seed. But I wouldn't be surprised if Joe hasn't pulled the trigger on this already.

Wise .. that is all there is to say .. If Frank is the head coach .. start Bynum .. Or better yet .. fire Frank and hire someone who can get this done .. or simply make Knight the starting SG from now to eternity ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Assists

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:18 pm

WISEFAN wrote:25 assist and not a single one belonging to Brandon I still have an issue with this and could care less about the 31 he just put up a scrub can get hot...Yes his 2 treys in crunch were in all likelihood game winners.

You might have less of an issue if you watch the game... contact Lee357 for the tape!

Knight's assists weren't important in this game, and if you watch it, you'll see he was passing very good to stumble bum teammates(one very beautiful pass in the 1st quarter)!

AND as Merc pointed out, he spent considerable time at the SG as lineups were morphed due to Stuckey's absence!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Credit Stuckey with Bynum's rise!

Post  deusXango Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:38 pm

Oracle wrote:It was Stuckey that launched that powerful 2nd unit, and started the Drummond lobs!

Bynum saw what Stuckey was doing, and when Stucky got hurt, Will took over, and actually did a bit better!

But it was Stuckey that upped the level of competition!
Oracle, that's untrue.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:49 pm

merc wrote:
FlyDog wrote:

Knight was distributing the ball... didn't get credit for a couple of assist?
Because of Stuckey he was playing SG quiet a bit (Bynum at PG)... looked good.
Merc, did you notice that playing without dominating the ball, Knight's game didn't suffer? Is there a player in the NBA that's offered more excuses for under-performance than Stuckey?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Prove it...

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:51 pm

deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:It was Stuckey that launched that powerful 2nd unit, and started the Drummond lobs!

Bynum saw what Stuckey was doing, and when Stucky got hurt, Will took over, and actually did a bit better!

Oracle, that's untrue.

That's a weak response, all talk, no reasoning. You got anything to back up that statement?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty PROOF'S IN THE PUDDING

Post  deusXango Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:12 am

Oracle wrote:
deusXango wrote:

Oracle, that's untrue.

That's a weak response, all talk, no reasoning. You got anything to back up that statement?
Bynum and Drummond had been connecting, on the 2nd unit, long before Stuckey asked to be relagated to the bench, in favor of Singler continuing to start; my guess is, Stuckey saw what was going on with Bynum & Drummond, and felt he could "horn in" on that, by beating out Bynum. Before that, Stuckey was stinking it up on the starting unit!!!!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next