Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
lemonpen
Sebastian
cool breeze
deusXango
FlyDog
merc
Oracle
Murph
Phil-Good
Grizz2
WTF
15 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty ESPN Loves Drummond

Post  Oracle Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:32 pm

Best shot-blocker(s): Davis and Drummond

To share this award with Davis says a lot about Drummond, considering what a special shot-blocker Davis is and will be for a decade-plus. Davis is more calculating, in part because he needs to play big minutes for his team, so risking fouls is something he has to be mindful of.

Drummond blocks more shots per minute, but he is less concerned about fouls, so he goes after more shots. Having Greg Monroe next to him helps him. It is fair to think that one day these two rooks will both be in the top four in this category in the entire league.

Best rebounder: Andre Drummond, Pistons

Some rebounders are tall and long, so they can get their hands on a lot of balls. Others have great hands, so the ball sticks when they touch it. Undersized players need a motor, along with good hands, to get to the ball and rebound. Then we have Drummond, who has combined all three components to become dominant on the glass. He has also added some craft to his art, deftly tipping the ball away from opponents to spots he can get to first. Drummond has the potential to one day lead this league in rebounding.

Biggest surprise: Drummond

Questions about his desire to play hovered around Drummond last June, as did concerns about his offensive game and feel. But it’s clear that Drummond should have gone second in this draft, which easily makes him the biggest surprise. Players like Drummond — glass-eating, shot-blocking, paint-finishing, lob-catching, quick-in-transition beasts — are exceedingly rare. He looks to be a franchise big man with very strong All-Star potential.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Insurance?

Post  Oracle Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:34 pm

Me thinks that Drummond is Joe's biggest job insurance policy!

That's one hell of a pick!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty HA!

Post  Grizz2 Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:38 pm

Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Drummond is the real deal ...

Post  Sebastian Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:48 pm

Oracle wrote:

To share this award with Davis says a lot about Drummond, considering what a special shot-blocker Davis is and will be for a decade-plus. Davis is more calculating, in part because he needs to play big minutes for his team, so risking fouls is something he has to be mindful of.

Drummond blocks more shots per minute, but he is less concerned about fouls, so he goes after more shots. Having Greg Monroe next to him helps him. It is fair to think that one day these two rooks will both be in the top four in this category in the entire league.

Some rebounders are tall and long, so they can get their hands on a lot of balls. Others have great hands, so the ball sticks when they touch it. Undersized players need a motor, along with good hands, to get to the ball and rebound. Then we have Drummond, who has combined all three components to become dominant on the glass. He has also added some craft to his art, deftly tipping the ball away from opponents to spots he can get to first. Drummond has the potential to one day lead this league in rebounding.

Questions about his desire to play hovered around Drummond last June, as did concerns about his offensive game and feel. But it’s clear that Drummond should have gone second in this draft, which easily makes him the biggest surprise. Players like Drummond — glass-eating, shot-blocking, paint-finishing, lob-catching, quick-in-transition beasts — are exceedingly rare. He looks to be a franchise big man with very strong All-Star potential.

Have you all noticed how the other teams' broadcasters gush over Dre Drummond, when the Pistons play their respective teams.

It is time to increase Dre's minutes and starting the first 6 of each game would be a good start.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Grizz You Crack Me Up

Post  WTF Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:07 am

Grizz I feel you because I never liked Wade or Lebron and wasn't the greatest fan of Ray Allen ever. The NBA is losing whatever little last bit of integrity it has left with all this BS favoring of it's so called super star players especially those 2 sporting Heat uniforms.

The league needs to get back to playing basketball of the 80's a time when even a Magic and Bird manage to get popped in the chops without much retribution by the league. Let these players play for Christ Sake!.

Don the only thing that would change the league is if real fans lost total interest. The problem with that is there aren't many real fans of basketball left. The NBA has become an over hyped circus show and the masses has accepted it real basketball so as long as it keeps raking in the billions of dollars it does don't expect much to change.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  WTF Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:13 am

Oracle wrote:

Drummond is the only potential All Star on this team (Sorry Knight and Monroe Lovers) and he needs to be starting and the organization needs to start biulding around him quickly and neither Knight nor Monroe are good fits around Drummond. (Aldrige and Cousins) great fits, Josh Smith great fit, and a pass first PG all great fits.

I'm so not of the mindset of waiting and think we need to win now
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:47 am

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:

Drummond is the only potential All Star on this team (Sorry Knight and Monroe Lovers) and he needs to be starting and the organization needs to start biulding around him quickly and neither Knight nor Monroe are good fits around Drummond. (Aldrige and Cousins) great fits, Josh Smith great fit, and a pass first PG all great fits.

Wise, you said a mouthful for a fevered, fool of a fan, such as myself! Drummond is the man, and once that idea is embraced, Monroe and Knight moves to head of the trade list. First, fans have got to fall out of love with the loveable scraps, Stuckey, Prince, Maxiell, and Daye; these are some valued trade pieces, along with Monroe and Knight, that would build a contending team next year (with who we'd have left; Singler, Bynum, English, Middleton, and Kravtsov).
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty What the ???

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:40 am

Trade Knight & Monroe?

After what I've been seeing of Knight, I'm not in the mood to consider trading him, and it wouldn't be a smart basketball thing to do, for many reasons!

However, as many of you have picked up, and the cat is WAY out of the bag, because everyone has picked up on the fact that Drummond is SPECIAL!!!

So don't be surprised by the fact that ALL of Pistons Management knows the same thing!

Joe & Gores know what they have, and WILL be building the team around Drummond! In short, they may as well issue a memo to everybody on team saying,

"Our Strategy has Changed"

In reality, everything we ever though about who fits and who doesn't has changed to... who fits with Drummond and who doesn't!

IMO, I think we're going to see a LOT of movement on this team as Joe & Gores look to get the best complimentary players for Drummond!

I think Monroe & Knight are safe for now, but if I'm Monroe, I'm working my arse off to extend my shooting range.

If I'm Knight, I'm working on how best to get Drummond and Monroe involved, and shoot only when sh!t breaks down or in transition. Otherwise, he needs to be feeding the big dogs!

Joe needs to start the process by making some moves now with an eye towards the playoffs because, IMO, picks don't mean squat, we don't need anymore youngsters learning crap unless his name is Drummond!

That's why I liked Seb's Aldridge trade! That's a smart PF that can really compliment Drummond, and even Josh Smith, who isn't as basketball smart, but has skills is worth looking at.

It's a new world order, and Drummond is giving them... get busy Joe!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty I'M STUNNED

Post  deusXango Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:41 am

Oracle, you see the light? WOW!! Andre Drummond has made an entire team roster available for trade, and all we need out of the deal is easily accomplished, LaMarcus Aldridge, and another lottery pick. We get close to what our assets are worth, and we're a shoe-in for the playoffs next year.

Honestly, Monroe, Knight, Prince, Stuckey, Jerebko, and the expiring contracts of Maggette and Maxiell, could reap us Aldridge, Mayo, another lottery pick, plus save us enough CAP space to sign a quality 2nd tier, big man. Lottery picks for a shot at Ben McLemore, Shabazz Mohammad, Trey Burke, Nerlens Noel, or Michael Carter-Williams; Dumars would have so much flexability in building the team of all our dreams, it would be shameful.

I purposefully didn't mention CV and Bynum for a reason; Bynum is good for Drummond, and he would come cheap...CV's trade value won't really be at it's peak until next year, and he's a pretty good shooting stretch 4 for now. In Singler's sophmore season, he wouldn't be a bad replacement SF (his natural position) playing along side Drummond and Aldridge; his smarts, youth, experience, and outside shooting ability makes him the logical replacement. Failing to get Mayo, McLemore, or Mohammad is a hell of a consolation prize for the SG we don't have now. PG? Ta-Daaa! Burke from U of M. (that would make for a real coup). Now there's a place for English, Middleton, and Kravtsov in the rotation...not a bad group of guys.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Main Point is Right on

Post  Grizz2 Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:52 am

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:

Wise .. your Main Point is Right on ... Drummond is the center piece of this team .. every thing else is secondary .. Now hope like hell the JOE THE TRADING DUM DUM GM of the past 5 seasons transforms into ... a good GM .. or is fired and replaced by a good one ..

Hmmm . I think Monroe and Knight will be all stars in time .. not Perennial all-stars mind you ..but surely they can make the all star game 2 or 3 times and have solid careers .. They really arent that far away now .. not when you look at who is playing with them as co-starters and their idiot Head Clown Coach .. Yes .. hell yes .. Drummond must start now .. We need ONE MORE OUTSIDE SHOOTER on the starters .. whether it is Bynum or CV or a player to be traded here .. or if Singler CAN be turned on to be an elite outside shooter .. but we need that guy ..

I honestly dont want Prince playing very much now .. time to get the young guys more time ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Kaboom!

Post  Grizz2 Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:20 am

Tara Conner ... former Miss USA ... may someday become a Detroit Pistons fan .. Really hope so .. Saw her on an episode of Kaboom .. a show about blowing things up .... ummmmm ... leave it at that .. This is to make up for showing the ugly mugs of LBJ, Wade, and especially David Stern ... in keeping with an unstated forum rule ... lol
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:12 am

The whole concept should be about contending next seasons oppose developing and building for something that likely won't materialize 3 or 4 years down the road. We need to stop thinking we have the makings of what took place in OKC. Knights no Westbrook and we damn for sure don't have a Durant in our mitts, but what we have is this young beast in Drummond that need to unleashed on the league. Problem is he needs to unleashed with a pack of of beast like an Aldrige and Smith.

I would love to add Knight and Stuckey to a front-court of Drummond, Aldrige and Smith but Knight would have to learn to become pass first oriented PG and Stuckey at 6's would have learn to play like a Billups and become a deep ball threat and post up smaller players.

If we cleared our roster and dumped all the wasted salaries we could afford to pay for a Smith and Aldrige and bascially cheap add veteran fillers and project players to the bench for very little.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty CONSIDER THIS

Post  deusXango Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:55 am

WISEFAN wrote:The whole concept should be about contending next seasons oppose developing and building for something that likely won't materialize 3 or 4 years down the road. We need to stop thinking we have the makings of what took place in OKC. Knights no Westbrook and we damn for sure don't have a Durant in our mitts, but what we have is this young beast in Drummond that need to unleashed on the league. Problem is he needs to unleashed with a pack of of beast like an Aldrige and Smith.

I would love to add Knight and Stuckey to a front-court of Drummond, Aldrige and Smith but Knight would have to learn to become pass first oriented PG and Stuckey at 6's would have learn to play like a Billups and become a deep ball threat and post up smaller players.

If we cleared our roster and dumped all the wasted salaries we could afford to pay for a Smith and Aldrige and bascially cheap add veteran fillers and project players to the bench for very little.

Wise, I'm all for Sebastian's latest suggestion of obtaining LaMarcus Aldridge, but Josh Smith also? One, not both, is what we need and Aldridge has the higher basketball I.Q. plus he's more team oriented. We would need an alpha dog SG, and Mayo is the FA signee I'd pursue...barring that, the sure fire lottery pick should be used on Shabazz Mohammad or Ben McLemore.

I'm done with Stuckey (he's a grim reminder of a dark, and futile stretch of Pistons history), and his popularity means nothing business wise. BK7 is the better "combo guard," so I'd keep him for that purpose, not Stuckey. Where's the love you've shown Trey Burke? If this team is to be ran by a young PG, who better? You said that even now, in college, he's more advanced than BK7 as a PG. This is my rotation for 2013-14:
PG-Burke/BK7/Bynum
SG-Mayo/McLemore or Mohammad/BK7
SF-Singler/Middleton
PF-Aldridge/Villanueva
C- Drummond/Kravtsov
* Why not?

This is just pre-deadline excitement, that I know will not be realized. The posters on this forum have been coming up with some astute observations, and suggestions lately, and they have me pumped.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Using Cap space

Post  merc Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:54 pm

The Cavs have been using their cap space well over the past couple years... they've acquired 6 extra 1st round picks... so instead of blowing it all in the off season they've cashed in when teams over the tax threshold were desperate to dump salary... It'll be interesting to see how they use the stockpiled picks.
I can see a future rivalry brewing.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:04 pm

Refs 4... Spartans 0
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:06 pm

Rondo blows ACL... out for the year.
The C's may drop out of playoff contention
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty More Drama?

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:52 pm

Rodney Stuckey inactive in 'coach's decision'?

I don't get this, and it doesn't sound good for the team!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty We've got a shot if...

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:18 pm

merc wrote:Rondo blows ACL... out for the year.
The C's may drop out of playoff contention

The right moves are made by Joe!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Trade Brewing?

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:29 pm

Oracle wrote:Rodney Stuckey inactive in 'coach's decision'?

A trade of Stunk would be good for the team.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty What's a PG have to do????

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:30 pm

Knight delivers a great lob to Monroe, but Monroe can't jump worth a dime, and turns it over!

Knight delivers a beautiful pass to Monroe, but Monroe blows the shot, gets the rebound and scores, but it gives Monroe a rebound he didn't really deserve, and robs Knight of an assist! Well, at least we got 2 points out of the deal!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:31 pm

FlyDog wrote:

Unfortunately, it's not a trade, it's something else!

"In what was termed a “coaching decision,” Stuckey won’t be in uniform tonight for the 16-27 Pistons. Stuckey took part in pregame warm-up activities and ran off the court about 30 minutes before the 6 p.m. tipoff." - Vince Ellis

Also,

"The fact that it was specified as a coach's decision probably rules out an impending trade." - detroitbadboys.com

HOWEVER, anything is possible, and I hope they told Stuckey he was traded to another loser for somebody good, LOL!

Last edited by Oracle on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added BB's comment)
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:45 pm

Oracle wrote:
FlyDog wrote:

Unfortunately, it's not a trade, it's something else!

"In what was termed a “coaching decision,” Stuckey won’t be in uniform tonight for the 16-27 Pistons. Stuckey took part in pregame warm-up activities and ran off the court about 30 minutes before the 6 p.m. tipoff." - Vince Ellis

Also,

"The fact that it was specified as a coach's decision probably rules out an impending trade." - detroitbadboys.com

HOWEVER, anything is possible, and I hope they told Stuckey he was traded to another loser for somebody good, LOL!

Yeah, I read the articles........not sure I buy it. Celtics could use a "PG".
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Credit Stuckey with Bynum's rise!

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:50 pm

It was Stuckey that launched that powerful 2nd unit, and started the Drummond lobs!

Bynum saw what Stuckey was doing, and when Stucky got hurt, Will took over, and actually did a bit better!

But it was Stuckey that upped the level of competition!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Fly

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:52 pm

Good point, and in the worst way!

I actually think Stuckey would do well there, and it's not as odd as it may seem, because a trade for Rondo involving Stuckey was all the rage a few years ago!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:01 pm

Before the game I proposed a deal of Stuckey for Green... Stuckey has played well vs the C's
Coaches decision don't mean **** if a guy is gonna be dealt... why wouldn't he be on the bench?
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next