Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
lemonpen
Sebastian
cool breeze
deusXango
FlyDog
merc
Oracle
Murph
Phil-Good
Grizz2
WTF
15 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Just Fire Frank, Please...

Post  Murph Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:10 am

Man...that game last night was a real stinker. I mean how the hell can Lil Larry manage to lose to the Bucks, at home...by 27 freaking points??? The Bucks suck.

Lil Larry has no clue, and he's beginning to lose the team. I mean why should these guys listen to Lil Larry? Give me one good reason. Has he ever had any success anywhere?

Fire Lil Larry...now!!!

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Typical

Post  Murph Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:22 am

I see our 3 "PGs" had a combined total of 6 assists and 8 turnovers in 67 minutes...and were a combined -48 for the night. That's almost impossible. Knight, Stuckey and Bynum could not have played worse if they'd tried.

Seriously, it's time to completely start over at the PG position. Sign Collison or Calderon...and spend our 1st rounder on a PG. This crap at the PG position has got to stop.

It was nice to see Jerebko get a few minutes of playing time.

I see John Henson is finally healthy and played well off the bench.

But I still can't believe 8 other GMs passed on Drummond. Morons. If that draft were held again, Drummond would go anywhere from #3 to #1, which is where he was originally projected to go.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Kind of Amazing..

Post  Grizz2 Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:25 am

... and very impressive ...

a 30-something SG ... decides to play PG ....

"It's working pretty well,'' said Bryant, whose 39 assists in the Lakers' last three games are the biggest three-game total of his 17-season career. "It's very easy for me to look over the defense and know where they're coming from, just kind of line my guys up in the right way and just pick them apart.''

Is it really that easy?

Does that mean that our guys can do that too ..or that Bryant is simply an all time great ... ?? I think the answers are YES ... rockon
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty No Thanks

Post  Murph Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:39 am

Oracle wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Those are terrible trade options. Seriously...Ridnour, Steimsma, Gay, Evans, Wright? If all we can get for Stuckey are bad players with bad contracts, then I'd rather just hang onto Stuckey until his contract expires in 18 months.

Here's another option: Fire our incompetent coach, and then find out how Stuckey plays with a decent coach...which he's never had in his entire career, btw.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Right Murph !!! End of Discussion!

Post  Grizz2 Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:11 am

Murph wrote:

Those are terrible trade options. Seriously...Ridnour, Steimsma, Gay, Evans, Wright? If all we can get for Stuckey are bad players with bad contracts, then I'd rather just hang onto Stuckey until his contract expires in 18 months.

Here's another option: Fire our incompetent coach, and then find out how Stuckey plays with a decent coach...which he's never had in his entire career, btw.

rockon rockon
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty A new head coach would do wonders ...

Post  Sebastian Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:25 am

Grizz2 wrote:
Murph wrote:

rockon rockon

Murph, I agree 1000% (that's right one thousand percent)! If WE had a real coach, Stuckey, B. Knight, and even Tay and Charlie V. would be better and more consistent players.

A head coach, like Zeke (or even Laimbeer) would get these guys to play 1000% better and with far greater consistency. I wouldn't mind it so much, if Joe would get off his fat ass and coach the team, himself, as he is responsible for comprising this current roster. Every man on this team is here, because of Joe.

Because, truth be told, Stuckey hasn't had a qualified coach since Flip.

Joe needs to forget any personal differences that he may have with Zeke or Laimbeer and get one of these guys in here as the Head Coach, L. Frank is not even coming close to succeeding; pretty much every player on the team is getting worst or not improving at the rate needed for US to be a truly competitive and relevant squad going forward.

Another 30-34 win season is not going to do it for me!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty 5 best trade options for Stuckey

Post  Phil-Good Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:20 pm

2,3, and 4 were excellent!! I would do any of those In A heart beat!

If the Pistons could dump Stuckey right now that would be A really smart move...

I hope Joe has the balls to get it done... I have to admit I'm not sure.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty A new head coach would do wonders ...

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Sebastian wrote:
Grizz2 wrote:
Murph wrote:

rockon rockon

Murph, I agree 1000% (that's right one thousand percent)! If WE had a real coach, Stuckey, B. Knight, and even Tay and Charlie V. would be better and more consistent players.

A head coach, like Zeke (or even Laimbeer) would get these guys to play 1000% better and with far greater consistency. I wouldn't mind it so much, if Joe would get off his fat ass and coach the team, himself, as he is responsible for comprising this current roster. Every man on this team is here, because of Joe.

Because, truth be told, Stuckey hasn't had a qualified coach since Flip.

Joe needs to forget any personal differences that he may have with Zeke or Laimbeer and get one of these guys in here as the Head Coach, L. Frank is not even coming close to succeeding; pretty much every player on the team is getting worst or not improving at the rate needed for US to be a truly competitive and relevant squad going forward.

Another 30-34 win season is not going to do it for me!

A new head coach is a good start at solving our problems. It's really hard to judge these players fully while playing for Frank!

Starting every season with horrible losing streask, losing leads game after game, poor lineup, even weaker substitution patterns, and inconsistent management of players is all bad under this coach.

We can wait, but this crap is like a bowel movement, same sh!t every day!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty TRADE? SWING FOR THE FENCE!!

Post  deusXango Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:53 pm

Number one, Joe needs to stop looking at these veteran players like they can be of worth, other than trade bait, and go back to his "no sacred cows" mantra. Second, stop worrying about "shopping money," and start thinking of the value of our expiring contracts; numbers 1 & 2 equal a home run.

My idea of a home run is LaMarcus Aldridge, paired with Andre Drummond, with Greg Monroe as the third big. I know that at first blush this is not going to go down easy for some but, Monroe and Knight would be the best anchors of any 2nd unit in the NBA...Monroe the first big off the bench, and Knight the first guard off the bench, all we need is a competent starting five.

I think that Singler has earned the right to be looked at as a SF, and with his floor stretching ability, would fit right in with the starters. English ain't no wimp or punk, so I really don't understand those that doubt his ability to defend the SG's in the league; this man defended PF's in college and did quite well! Draft a real PG!!! No more "combos." My homerism leans toward Trey Burke but, my basketball mind remembers Kevin Smith, who he reminds me of more than any player I can think of. The size, the game, everything about him is like Kevin Smith, who had one the most epic battles in high school history, playing against "Magic" Johnson. He played "Magic" to a standstill through two overtimes before finially losing; whatever happened to Kevin Smith? My basketball mind says go with drafting Michael Carter-Williams.

My starting SG? My FA signee would fill that role, and I'd go after O.J. Mayo for that.
My 2013-14 rotation would be:
PG-Carter-Williams/Knight
SG-Mayo/English
SF-Singler/Middleton
PF-Aldridge/Monroe
C- Drummond/Monroe/Kravtsov

To complete the team overhaul, Lil' Larry's ass would be sent packing, and "Hello Mr. Laimbeer." With the strength of the team being our big men, who better to coach them than a World Champion big man? Laims would also probably be able to convince Olajuwan to open up his "dojo" for Drummond for at least a couple of years; Dre would be Olajuwan's prize pupil!!!

Last edited by deusXango on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Hells Yeah

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:59 pm

FlyDog wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Stunk and Princess, in a combined 51 minutes: 5-13 17 points, 8 Rebounds, 4 Assists, 1 Block, O steals.............not very hard to replace that type of production. At all. 17 million a year for that? *igga, please.............

Are you serious?

You & Wise are out to lunch on this one, and Wise, it's NOT overvaluing players, it's called making smart moves!

Give away those players to RENT Calderon for half a season, while making him our highest paid player? Are you guys Nucking Futs!

What would be the point? If he's that good, we won't be able to sign him(or he'll want to play for a better team), and if he isn't what the cluck do we need him for?

That isn't even a good move for the short term, let alone for the next 2-3 years!

The only smart thing said in this one was that it would force Lil Napolean to play the rookies & the Euro more, but the price is too high!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty TRADE? SWING FOR THE FENCE!!

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:02 pm

You're Damn Skippy!!!

There's very few on this team I wouldn't give up to get Aldridge!

Give up Stuckey, Prince, Maxiell, Daye, CV, take'em all!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Piston Grades, and Frank gets a "C"????

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:48 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Greg Monroe: Monroe had 14 points, was 6-8 from the field, finished with 8 rebounds, and dished out 4 assists. Those numbers are pretty typical for him. He got into foul trouble in the 1st, but that didn’t dictate the loss. In terms of his negative impact, he was the worst Pistons offender in the turnover column with 5. On a night where the team had 20 total, that isn’t going to earn you any favors. In the end Monroe wasn’t the worst Piston to see the floor, but was nothing outstanding. Player Grade: C-

Andre Drummond: Drummond’s numbers look pretty with 18 and 18. The energy on the early dunks were great. Also, the fact he got a missed shot on that early alley-oop when the pass wasn’t that great wasn’t my favorite move in the box score. It was a little frustrating to see a tired Andre try to do much of anything however. Drummond’s negatives were more prevalent when he was fatigued. However, I don’t want to sound like I am being too difficult on him because those first 8 minutes were unbelievably special. Player Grade: A-

Brandon Knight: Most nights I take Knight’s turnovers as just something that is going to happen. He isn’t the best caretaker of the ball by any means. So usually I let it slide. Tonight was different story, as his ball care taking issues hurt the team worse. He had 4, which only put him one behind Monroe. Compared to others Knight’s turnovers seemed to be the team’s deadliest, as sometimes Monta Ellis was picking off his pass when Knight was still behind half court. Brandon Jennings was pretty unstoppable at the defensive end, so Knight’s defensive issues were not a focal point in this one. He was pretty mediocre in getting his 10 points. Player Grade: D+

Tayshaun Prince: Back when Detroit was winning the game, Tayshaun was hitting all kinds of isolation shots. He wasn’t the failing part of the machine, but he was also brought to the ground when the rest of the machine collapsed. What Prince could have done is be a steadying force to start the second half, which is a role he has performed at times this year. He wasn’t a large part of the turnover problem and was a decent player on the defensive glass. Player Grade: C

Kyle Singler: Singler was bad. He uncharacteristically took 11 shots and only hit 4 of them. He turned it over 3 times. I was worried about him guarding Ellis coming into the game. Luckily Ellis couldn’t finish anything. Kyle really wasn’t doing a great job of staying in front of him, and that could have been a bigger detriment to the team. Player Grade: D-

Jason Maxiell: Maxiell wasn’t a load of awful, which is much more that can be said about a lot of players last night. Jason spent a majority of his minutes while the team was rolling, so that could have impacted how he looked. Before thinking Maxiell had a solid night, consider he wasn’t seriously impacting the game that positively. He only has 2, 3, and 3 rebounds in his last 3 games. If Maxiell isn’t rebounding than what is he really doing to impact the team? Player Grade: D+

Will Bynum: Will Bynum has had a pretty good year, so there is that. Last night WAS NOT reflective of the year he has had. Bynum was 1-7 from the field and 0-2 from deep. He had a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio, which is actually better than the team’s 0.9:1 mark. If having a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio from your typically steady backup point guard looks like a positive, it sounds like how you would know it was a rough game as a team. Player Grade: D

Rodney Stuckey: Stuckey wasn’t terrible? This is getting harder and harder to keep saying guys weren’t terrible in order to make it seem like a positive. His drives to the hoop were bad when he wasn’t drawing fouls, but he made a good number of free throws. If the team won and everyone else played well he might have a lower grade. I would have taken him over a lot of other Piston’s player last night though so his grade is sort of by default. Player Grade: D+

Charlie Villanueva: Charlie V had more turnovers than points, shots, or rebounds. He would get the F grade of the night if it wasn’t for the next player. That is all I want to say about this. Player Grade: D-

Austin Daye: He went 0-5 from the field, which definitely didn’t offset his trademark “I’m going to foul because I can’t do much else” defense. I was going to just type jumbled nonsense, but decided I would say something coherent. Player Grade: F

Jonas Jerekbo: Jonas loved him some garbage time last night. Throwing shots all around because he knows he will have to wait until the next blowout. Hopefully next time we see Jonas it is because the Pistons are up 20, instead of during a 27 point loss. Player Grade: Does It Matter?

Kim English: Kim English played some garbage time also. He shot 1-1 for 100%. He is also known as a great guy, and is a really intelligent basketball mind. Since he only played when the game didn’t matter, I am not going to give a complete basketball analyst grade for this one. Follow him on Twitter @Englishcope24, his tweets are awesome. Player Grade: A+++

Lawrence Frank: As I stated earlier, Frank shouldn’t have second guessed himself when he put Drummond back in. Other than that, he didn’t make really any questionable decisions. In this game I don’t really have an idea what coaching moves he could have done to change the outcome. Turnovers were a team issue, not an isolated player. There wasn’t a simple “play Will Bynum over Brandon Knight” fix in this game. Grade: C
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Mayo & Savage

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:51 pm

DAVID MAYO
Not to discount what Milwaukee did Tuesday but the Pistons allowed them to be that excellent. It was Detroit's second-biggest loss of the season, but this was different than when they lost by 29 to the Los Angeles Lakers in early November. That team didn't understand. This team didn't respond.

There are some divisions here. The Rodney Stuckey incident was almost predictable. In fact, as part of a few recent kick-the-can discussions with the other beat writers about the potential for locker-room fissure, I told Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press in Orlando that if something started to crack internally, it would start with Stuckey, and within the hour, it happened. The Stuckey situation quickly was resolved but was it just a symptom?

Some frustration is clear, some of it likewise expected. The Pistons are 11 games under .500, so that happens. There's some grousing about the coach, whose relationships with his players might not be as strong as they seem on surface, and whose action against Stuckey over a verbal disagreement struck some as thin-skinned, but the team played hard for Lawrence Frank even during the tough times -- until Tuesday, that is. What do I think they do? I can see it going either way. But even if it was just a one-game letdown, this is a tough spot to prove it, in a back-end road game against this kind of team. Oh, and bigger picture, there aren't many creampuffs coming up on the schedule, either.

BRENDAN SAVAGE
Well, there's no doubt tonight's game against the Indiana Pacers is going to tell a lot. Even if the Pistons get beat, their effort should give us an indication of where they are entering the dogs days of what is likely to be another season with no playoffs.

With so many young players on their roster, I'd be surprised to see the Pistons suddenly do an about face and quit showing signs of the obvious progress they've made in the last two months. But who knows what some of the veterans are thinking.

Stuckey and Frank say their clash is a thing of the past, eh? If it's not and the loss to the Bucks is a sign of things to come, Frank could have a big problem on his hands. As always, only time will tell.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Joe may not be as dumb as he seems...

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:04 pm

This is a REALLY good read on Drummond and why the Pistons are slow rolling him! They say Joe and Frank, but this is really Joe's call, and Frank is just following orders!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty #1 MICHIGAN WOLVERINES GO BLUE!

Post  WTF Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:43 pm

Let's see watch a sub .500 team or watch the #1 Team in NCAA Basketball? Oh what am I to do facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty What progress?!?!

Post  Sebastian Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Oracle wrote:DAVID MAYO
Not to discount what Milwaukee did Tuesday but the Pistons allowed them to be that excellent. It was Detroit's second-biggest loss of the season, but this was different than when they lost by 29 to the Los Angeles Lakers in early November. That team didn't understand. This team didn't respond.

There are some divisions here. The Rodney Stuckey incident was almost predictable. In fact, as part of a few recent kick-the-can discussions with the other beat writers about the potential for locker-room fissure, I told Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press in Orlando that if something started to crack internally, it would start with Stuckey, and within the hour, it happened. The Stuckey situation quickly was resolved but was it just a symptom?

Some frustration is clear, some of it likewise expected. The Pistons are 11 games under .500, so that happens. There's some grousing about the coach, whose relationships with his players might not be as strong as they seem on surface, and whose action against Stuckey over a verbal disagreement struck some as thin-skinned, but the team played hard for Lawrence Frank even during the tough times -- until Tuesday, that is. What do I think they do? I can see it going either way. But even if it was just a one-game letdown, this is a tough spot to prove it, in a back-end road game against this kind of team. Oh, and bigger picture, there aren't many creampuffs coming up on the schedule, either.

BRENDAN SAVAGE
Well, there's no doubt tonight's game against the Indiana Pacers is going to tell a lot. Even if the Pistons get beat, their effort should give us an indication of where they are entering the dogs days of what is likely to be another season with no playoffs.

With so many young players on their roster, I'd be surprised to see the Pistons suddenly do an about face and quit showing signs of the obvious progress they've made in the last two months. But who knows what some of the veterans are thinking.

Stuckey and Frank say their clash is a thing of the past, eh? If it's not and the loss to the Bucks is a sign of things to come, Frank could have a big problem on his hands. As always, only time will tell.

What is the progress that this Brendan Savage speaks of? OUR squad is not progressing, the least bit. WE are currently 17-28 and only Dre Drummond appears to be getting better.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  WTF Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Oracle wrote:
FlyDog wrote:

Stunk and Princess, in a combined 51 minutes: 5-13 17 points, 8 Rebounds, 4 Assists, 1 Block, O steals.............not very hard to replace that type of production. At all. 17 million a year for that? *igga, please.............

Are you serious?

You & Wise are out to lunch on this one, and Wise, it's NOT overvaluing players, it's called making smart moves!

Give away those players to RENT Calderon for half a season, while making him our highest paid player? Are you guys Nucking Futs!

What would be the point? If he's that good, we won't be able to sign him(or he'll want to play for a better team), and if he isn't what the cluck do we need him for?

That isn't even a good move for the short term, let alone for the next 2-3 years!

The only smart thing said in this one was that it would force Lil Napolean to play the rookies & the Euro more, but the price is too high!

Oracle Really what is the point of holding to either Tay or Stuckey? Are we really that worse off without them. Calderon is an expiring contract and that's all he represents who say's we have to sign him beyond this season. I;m not against dumping Tay's and Stuckey salaries.

A half of season with Calderon is better than another 2 seasons with Stuckey and Tay. The short term is more cap space and longer is what the team does with it.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty I've Being Saying All Along It's Joe

Post  WTF Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:18 pm

Oracle wrote:This is a REALLY good read on Drummond and why the Pistons are slow rolling him! They say Joe and Frank, but this is really Joe's call, and Frank is just following orders!

I suspect he'll become a starter next season and not this one.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Stumblebum Millionaires......

Post  FlyDog Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:46 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:
FlyDog wrote:

Are you serious?

Oracle Really what is the point of holding to either Tay or Stuckey? Are we really that worse off without them. Calderon is an expiring contract and that's all he represents who say's we have to sign him beyond this season. I;m not against dumping Tay's and Stuckey salaries.

A half of season with Calderon is better than another 2 seasons with Stuckey and Tay. The short term is more cap space and longer is what the team does with it.

Wise, it feels nice to be on the same page as you again on a few issues. I'm afraid Joe will pay these 2 their salaries for the remainder of their contracts and then get nothing in return. In case nobody has noticed, these 2 are slowing down the team from moving forward. It's not anybodies fault (except Joe's), but it is what it is. Spinning our wheels.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty What A Dumb Roster....

Post  FlyDog Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:54 pm

Greg Monroe: Monroe had 14 points, was 6-8 from the field, finished with 8 rebounds, and dished out 4 assists. Those numbers are pretty typical for him. He got into foul trouble in the 1st, but that didn’t dictate the loss. In terms of his negative impact, he was the worst Pistons offender in the turnover column with 5. On a night where the team had 20 total, that isn’t going to earn you any favors. In the end Monroe wasn’t the worst Piston to see the floor, but was nothing outstanding. Player Grade: C-

Andre Drummond: Drummond’s numbers look pretty with 18 and 18. The energy on the early dunks were great. Also, the fact he got a missed shot on that early alley-oop when the pass wasn’t that great wasn’t my favorite move in the box score. It was a little frustrating to see a tired Andre try to do much of anything however. Drummond’s negatives were more prevalent when he was fatigued. However, I don’t want to sound like I am being too difficult on him because those first 8 minutes were unbelievably special. Player Grade: A-

Brandon Knight: Most nights I take Knight’s turnovers as just something that is going to happen. He isn’t the best caretaker of the ball by any means. So usually I let it slide. Tonight was different story, as his ball care taking issues hurt the team worse. He had 4, which only put him one behind Monroe. Compared to others Knight’s turnovers seemed to be the team’s deadliest, as sometimes Monta Ellis was picking off his pass when Knight was still behind half court. Brandon Jennings was pretty unstoppable at the defensive end, so Knight’s defensive issues were not a focal point in this one. He was pretty mediocre in getting his 10 points. Player Grade: D+

Tayshaun Prince: Back when Detroit was winning the game, Tayshaun was hitting all kinds of isolation shots. He wasn’t the failing part of the machine, but he was also brought to the ground when the rest of the machine collapsed. What Prince could have done is be a steadying force to start the second half, which is a role he has performed at times this year. He wasn’t a large part of the turnover problem and was a decent player on the defensive glass. Player Grade: C

Kyle Singler: Singler was bad. He uncharacteristically took 11 shots and only hit 4 of them. He turned it over 3 times. I was worried about him guarding Ellis coming into the game. Luckily Ellis couldn’t finish anything. Kyle really wasn’t doing a great job of staying in front of him, and that could have been a bigger detriment to the team. Player Grade: D-

Jason Maxiell: Maxiell wasn’t a load of awful, which is much more that can be said about a lot of players last night. Jason spent a majority of his minutes while the team was rolling, so that could have impacted how he looked. Before thinking Maxiell had a solid night, consider he wasn’t seriously impacting the game that positively. He only has 2, 3, and 3 rebounds in his last 3 games. If Maxiell isn’t rebounding than what is he really doing to impact the team? Player Grade: D+

Will Bynum: Will Bynum has had a pretty good year, so there is that. Last night WAS NOT reflective of the year he has had. Bynum was 1-7 from the field and 0-2 from deep. He had a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio, which is actually better than the team’s 0.9:1 mark. If having a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio from your typically steady backup point guard looks like a positive, it sounds like how you would know it was a rough game as a team. Player Grade: D

Rodney Stuckey: Stuckey wasn’t terrible? This is getting harder and harder to keep saying guys weren’t terrible in order to make it seem like a positive. His drives to the hoop were bad when he wasn’t drawing fouls, but he made a good number of free throws. If the team won and everyone else played well he might have a lower grade. I would have taken him over a lot of other Piston’s player last night though so his grade is sort of by default. Player Grade: D+

Charlie Villanueva: Charlie V had more turnovers than points, shots, or rebounds. He would get the F grade of the night if it wasn’t for the next player. That is all I want to say about this. Player Grade: D-

Austin Daye: He went 0-5 from the field, which definitely didn’t offset his trademark “I’m going to foul because I can’t do much else” defense. I was going to just type jumbled nonsense, but decided I would say something coherent. Player Grade: F

Jonas Jerekbo: Jonas loved him some garbage time last night. Throwing shots all around because he knows he will have to wait until the next blowout. Hopefully next time we see Jonas it is because the Pistons are up 20, instead of during a 27 point loss. Player Grade: Does It Matter?

Kim English: Kim English played some garbage time also. He shot 1-1 for 100%. He is also known as a great guy, and is a really intelligent basketball mind. Since he only played when the game didn’t matter, I am not going to give a complete basketball analyst grade for this one. Follow him on Twitter @Englishcope24, his tweets are awesome. Player Grade: A+++

Lawrence Frank: As I stated earlier, Frank shouldn’t have second guessed himself when he put Drummond back in. Other than that, he didn’t make really any questionable decisions. In this game I don’t really have an idea what coaching moves he could have done to change the outcome. Turnovers were a team issue, not an isolated player. There wasn’t a simple “play Will Bynum over Brandon Knight” fix in this game. Grade: C

When your starting SG is criticized for taking too many shots (and rightly so), and he only put it up 11 times? Something is wrong with the composition of your team....SHOOTING Guard.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty OUR NEED FOR A SHOOTING GUARD

Post  deusXango Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:49 pm

I've suggested trying to sign O.J. Mayo in the off season, which may or may not work out, my other roll of the dice player is Ben McLemore; since MJ is such a good friend of Joe's, why not move a couple of our "gems" his way for their first round pick? The Bobcats are sure to pick 2-3, and can use some of our veteran leadership, ie. Tayshaun Prince and Jason Maxiell. From all indications, McLemore could be our immediate and longterm answer for SG.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty MICHAEL CARTER-WILLIAMS

Post  deusXango Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:55 pm

"With unusual size and length for a pass-first playmaker, Carter-Williams has the chance at being something special down the road. He's got explosive athleticism in the open floor and the quickness off the bounce in the half-court, and can finish at the rim or create shots for teammates.

Though it needs work, he's got confidence as a shooter and has hit a number of clutch shots from the perimeter for the Orange."
-Bleacher Report quote

What happened the last time we passed on a "Orange Man" draftee, that we could've used? We regret it to this very day, is what happened!!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:06 pm

FlyDog wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:
FlyDog wrote:

Are you serious?

Wise, it feels nice to be on the same page as you again on a few issues. I'm afraid Joe will pay these 2 their salaries for the remainder of their contracts and then get nothing in return. In case nobody has noticed, these 2 are slowing down the team from moving forward. It's not anybodies fault (except Joe's), but it is what it is. Spinning our wheels.

I know Fly, I'm trying to get you to read The Book of Trey Burke Very Happy

Not sure what value Oracle is seeing in keeping Tay and Stuckey salaries for 2 season oppose to an expiring contract of Calderon. Tay is useless and Stuckey clearly hasn't found his niche here. The math is simple here a combined 16 million for Tay and Stuck vs 10 on an expiring contract for Calderon. That's another 20 million plus in potential cap space. Who says Aldrige and Josh Smith are impossible hehe
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Holy Crap...Joe Did It!

Post  Murph Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:36 pm

Joe just sent Prince and Daye to Memphis, in return for Jose Calderon from Toronto.

We have ourselves a pass first PG. Knight will probably move to starting SG, and Singler to starting SF.

Good trade. Well done Joe. clap clap clap

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty WISE, IS THIS SH!T FOR REAL???

Post  deusXango Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:41 pm

Prince and Daye for Calderon? If this is true, and finalized, it's better than Prince and Stuckey (we can now use Stuckey with whoever for another upgrade through trade). The team is finally done with the "skinny boys;" let's not do that sh!t again. Unless you're an extraordinary talent like Kevin Durant, keep it movin'.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next