Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+15
Phil-Good
Admin
Flip
Fennis Dembo
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Grizz
FlyDog
merc
Sissy1946
deusXango
cool breeze
frankied
Sebastian
19 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  frankied Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:53 am

and yes, i remember jerry green.
he was a much better writer than joe falls, but he was cut off because he obviously would not toe the corporate line.
there have been others, like vartan....whatever his name is...who was a superior writer, but one who told the truth and had to be shut down as a result.
all i can say is that detroit sports fans need to go outside the detroit market to get news. often, you will find out more from national sources than you will from local sources.
a darn shame, but that is the way it is.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:21 am

merc wrote:The unfortunate truth is that these writers have to suck up or they're blackballed from interviews and exclusives... the Pistons are like their boss.
Anyone remember Jerry Green?... he used to say the nastiest truth about the Tigers management... he never gave in... It was rare when he got an actual interview with substance... otoh Joe Falls (suck up supreme) was getting all the special interest stories.
Try taking shots publicly about your boss or major contributors.... nothing positive for your future.

A lot of times the real inside stuff about the Pistons comes from out of town writers... they get the anonymous scoop from the local guy or overhear something... IMO the Celtics have the best beat writers... they have a knack for getting the league dope... the NY media is a close 2nd just because the league office is there... just don't like the volume of bogus rumors that come outta there.
Then there's ESPN (Erroneously Spreading Personal Nonsense) for market share... I miss CNNSI

Great posts Merc and Frankie .. Jerry Green was tough on our sports teams whenever they were going in the wrong direction .. Remember Love Letters? ..and the fans actually would vent and protest dumb stuff publicly like we do here .. I remember being thrilled to be able to read the detroit news then ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty emergency landing by Pistons plane!!

Post  Grizz Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:17 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Hey Piston Fans: Wil Blaylock Here

Post  Sissy1946 Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:30 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] Am not saying I could have helped anybody but the key is that Jelly Joe signed me too, talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel Joe.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Hey My Fellow Piston Fans: Iam Great Darko Millicic

Post  Sissy1946 Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:38 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] I shoot ball, I can't dribble, Prince try to teach me but do no good, I smoke the cigarette, I have trouble breathing & running up & down court, I no understand why Fat Joe spend all time & money on me & draft me but not play this fine specimen, I never understand that, then Bill Laimbeer come & straighten me out so I no want to quit then, much thanks to Bill for time invested, if only I get that treatment from Joe, I be Star. Thank you to Piston fans for supporting me, think Laimbeer should take over Pistons, he make trades & get the Big Men that you need.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Vince Ellis

Post  FlyDog Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:43 am

Geeze...........that guy sure is touchy. What a baby. He's a fat crybaby hack. Slap an orange beret and purple suspenders on that effer and he looks like Re-run from What's Happening.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Vince Ellis

Post  WTF Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:25 am

FlyDog wrote:Geeze...........that guy sure is touchy. What a baby. He's a fat crybaby hack. Slap an orange beret and purple suspenders on that effer and he looks like Re-run from What's Happening.

Too funny but true he doee favor Re-run. Good for you frankied for getting in his arse about those articles we have some of the worst sports writers ever when it comes to these Pistons and Joe fat arse. I don't think they give the Wings, Lions and Tigers same coverage they seem to be harsher toward them in the press.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Plane carrying Pistons makes emergency landing

Post  FireDumars Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:08 am

A Houston Airport System spokesman says the crew of MD-80 displaying the Pistons team logo reported problems with the hydraulics operating the aircraft’s left-side landing gear and declared an emergency.

Hidden in this article is the reason Detroit's future isn't looking bright.
When Mr. D owned the team they OWNED their own plane, were the first in North American sports, in fact. Now Gores is using charters? Charters are less expensive then owning the plane but many teams don't use charters for the very reason this article is about. When you own a plane you do the maintenance and upkeep so you know the state of the equipment you're putting your players on. When you use charters you don't. This is a risk most teams are unwilling to take.
Like I said, it's cheaper to charter planes, but it's not a whole lot cheaper in the grand scope of things. So it's really telling that Gores is cutting costs in this manner.
FireDumars
FireDumars

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty . Plane carrying Pistons makes emergency landing

Post  WTF Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:39 am

Darko are you saying the dumbasses sold Round Ball One after putting what was it 10 million dollars upgrading it just in 3 seasons ago? WOW! and people wonder why Karen tied Joe hands after this and wasting of 22 Million in cap space facepalm

Round Ball was just as significant in history as the Championship teams that flew on it. The plane is like tradition, I tell you I'm just waiting for the days Gores tells us he's moving the team to Vegas.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oops on thread title)
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:06 am

The article said the plane had the Pistons logo on it... the writer must have messed up the "charter" part.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty OUR New Locker Room is Sweet ...

Post  Sebastian Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:43 am

It really is important to have nice locker room. It has worked for the Mavs, maybe it can someday bring OUR Pistons more good fortunes.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Locker Room

Post  WTF Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Won't help if there no players in it
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Locker Room

Post  Sebastian Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:48 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Won't help if there no players in it

Word, WISEFAN!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty 2012 Celtics - 2009 Pistons

Post  WTF Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:19 pm

I bet Boston doesn't screw up like Joe did with Detroit in 2009. Danny will be smart enough to trade away KG, Allen and O'Neal's expiring contract before trade deadline. Certainly they won't be gifting away Rondo and over-valuing players they don't need, you can already see they've started their rebuilding process.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:48 pm

FlyDog wrote:Geeze...........that guy sure is touchy. What a baby. He's a fat crybaby hack. Slap an orange beret and purple suspenders on that effer and he looks like Re-run from What's Happening.
lol!!!
he does look like rerun.
he's probably so touchy because lots of folks have told him that.
i had a good laugh with his "threat" to block my emails to him.
like i freakin care!!
the only reason i'd read his article in the first place was because someone on this forum mentioned the article.
i find out a lot more about BB and what is going on, on this forum, than i ever do reading the freep or the news.
this is another great example of why forums like this one have made papers and so-called journalist obsolete.
what he says about speights and mullens makes no sense whatsoever.
the fact that he would say what he said, and considering what he routinely writes, it is no wonder the reporting is so bad.
that clown doesn't know sh#t from shinola.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Singler Update

Post  Murph Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:00 pm

Kyle Singler continues to play very well in Spain. In 8 games with Real Madrid, Singler is averaging 7.4 ppg, and 2.1 rbg, while shooting 63% from the field, in 17.5 mpg. And in those 8 games, Real Madrid is 7-1, and continues to be the best team in their League. And while Singler began by coming off the bench, he is slowly working his way into Real Madrid's starting line-up. tb

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty very good news

Post  Grizz Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:29 pm

Murph wrote:Kyle Singler continues to play very well in Spain. In 8 games with Real Madrid, Singler is averaging 7.4 ppg, and 2.1 rbg, while shooting 63% from the field, in 17.5 mpg. And in those 8 games, Real Madrid is 7-1, and continues to be the best team in their League. And while Singler began by coming off the bench, he is slowly working his way into Real Madrid's starting line-up. tb

Murph thank you for the updae .. very good news ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:45 pm

Joe finally speaks... talks about not settling for quick fixes just for a few more wins.... uh.... isn't that what Tay's contract is?
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Vince "Re-Run" Ellis

Post  Flip Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty javele mcgee available?...

Post  frankied Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:59 pm

lot of discussion about mcgee's stupid dunk last night.
looks like there might be an opening to pry mcgee from washington.
joe d should strike while the iron is hot.
here's the link to the wash. post article on it and there is a short video discussion that is interesting, about halfway down the page. the reporters strongly imply that mcgee might have worn out his welcome.
joe...call your boy, flip!!!
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:00 pm

Flip wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
great!!!!
i love it!!!!
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty @Merc

Post  WTF Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:15 pm

merc wrote:Joe finally speaks... talks about not settling for quick fixes just for a few more wins.... uh.... isn't that what Tay's contract is?

Pretty much Merc that money should have went towards obtaining a big to play next to Monroe
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:17 pm

frankied wrote:
Flip wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
great!!!!
i love it!!!!

frankied you should email this picture to Vince. LOL!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Which Will Be The Better Played Game

Post  WTF Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:19 pm

MSU vs UofM or Pistons vs Rockets? I'll be peeping the in state battle.....GO BLUE!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:29 pm

WISEFAN wrote:MSU vs UofM or Pistons vs Rockets? I'll be peeping the in state battle.....GO BLUE!
Right... looks like the remote's gonna get a workout tonight... honestly can't figure who's gonna win the MSU vs UM game
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next