Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+15
Phil-Good
Admin
Flip
Fennis Dembo
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Grizz
FlyDog
merc
Sissy1946
deusXango
cool breeze
frankied
Sebastian
19 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM Empty FORUM

Post  Sebastian Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:21 pm

deusXango wrote:
Sebastian wrote:Merc, frankied, and others have expressed their interest in the Pistons acquiring JaVele McGee over Cousins and I would have to agree with their suggestions.

I just don't see how WE could swindle McGee from the Wizards. I can't think of any creative ways of approaching the Wizards with an offer. Maybe, OUR 2012 first round pick, but that's about all that I can see them taking from US for McGee.

After watching Cousins, last night, play against the Grizzles, I saw an extremely undisciplined, disinterested, and quite honestly lazy ball player. If WE were to acquire Cousins in some sort of exchange, he would have to play far harder and much better than what was demonstrated against the Grizzlies.

Hey Sebastian, this is "others" and if the Pistons were involved in a 3 or 4 team trade we could easily do it. Not many teams can offer what we can, spread around, for a player on the current level of JaVele McGee, who plays for a team worse than ours. Aside from John Wall, who is sick & tired of what's happening or not happening in D.C. and wants out, there is nobody on their roster we can't have. The rights to Singler, Will Bynum, Austin Daye, Jason Maxiell, Charlie Villanueva, a second round pick (not first round!), and a little cash; a package of any of that to anybody that would help move McGee here can make it a done deal. This is a trade that can be completed by weeks end, with the excelleerated schedule the NBA is on, and our core players are intact and we still have our 2012 first round pick. Happy New Year 'Bro.

deusXango your proposal makes sense to me. Will somebody get Joe on the phone!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Javele McGee

Post  frankied Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:03 pm

remember that our boy, flip saunders, is the wizards coach.
flip always had a thing for savvy vets who can run his sophisticated offenses and help keep things nice and slow on the court.
i'd attempt to do is move tay to washington, for mcgee.
from what i recall, tay got along fairly well with flip - as well as the others - and flip was definitely loyal to him.
(letting him stay in games when he was being torched by other small forwards.)
washington needs a veteran presence, and even though tay is not the best leader, his on-court presence would help settle down the extremely young, volatile wizards line-up.
tay even has common kentucky roots with john wall, which certainly cannot hurt.
i think mcgee is in a place that deandre jordan was a couple of years ago, when you could see that he had a bunch of talent and potential, but was erratic. his value right now, is about as low as it will be and they might be persuaded to trade him for the right bait. and as we know here in detroit, flip has very little patience for young, inconsistent players. he's had those problems with mcgee.
mcgee has his issues - he's not the best rebounder or one on one defender - but he is an excellent shotblocker and a real force in the middle. i'd definitely take him over cousins. he generally plays with a lot more energy and passion and while he is nowhere near as offensively gifted as cousins, he is a good fit for monroe. he'd be able to do lots of the same things big ben does. he won't be the rebounding force, but his excellent length and athleticism would allow him to take advantage of monroe's passing ability.
with mcgee, your main concern is going to be ridding him of bad habits and getting consistency. with cousins, your main concern is going to be...only god knows!
i have these images of monroe on the high post, lobbing passes into an athletic seven footer, who is above the rim. with a passer like monroe, a big guy really doesn't need to have great post moves. he just needs to be able to catch the ball.
mcgee would fit that bill well.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty grizz...this one's for you...

Post  frankied Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:25 pm

if grizz can post an avatar with an asian cutie, i figure i can follow suit...
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty trevor booker, also...

Post  frankied Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:40 pm

another guy i would try to steal from washington would be trevor booker.
again, as we all know, flip saunders hates young players, and if he has a choice, he'll go with vets. trevor booker isn't getting any run, and he might be severely undervalued right now. if detroit could steal him away, it would be great. they might be willing to let him go.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty let me refine that statement...

Post  frankied Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:44 pm

frankied wrote:another guy i would try to steal from washington would be trevor booker.
again, as we all know, flip saunders hates young players, and if he has a choice, he'll go with vets. trevor booker isn't getting any run, and he might be severely undervalued right now. if detroit could steal him away, it would be great. they might be willing to let him go.
what i should have said is that flip hates young guys who are not offensively oriented. he likes guys who can run his offenses and he definitely prefers guys with offensive skills. though booker is more skilled than most think, he is primarily an energy guy, a guy who gets his points by hustle and effort.
flip really doesn't know what to do with guys like that.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty the wizards might be a good team to steal players from...

Post  frankied Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:09 pm

flip saunders has two years remaining on his contract.
he definitely prefers slick, offensive vets.
they might be willing to part with some of their young guys - like booker and mcgee - in exchange for a vet like tay.
don't know if they'd really have any interest, but they might be a team that ends up being a good trading partner.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty JaVele McGee

Post  cool breeze Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Sebastian wrote:[quote="deusXango

deusXango your proposal makes sense to me. Will somebody get Joe on the phone![/quote]

Cool Breeze agrees with everyone. The last two games have been fun to watch. However, it is clear that we need some size not in the backcourt with Daye but a players who has potential to block shots and defend in the paint. The McGee idea as an addition is a no brainer. deusXango always comes up with great ideas. Too bad he is not an advisor for Joe. Why is it that we never have any reporters for the News who can come up with possible trade ideas? We have no clue if Dumars is looking to add a player. Being that Daye is not in the rotation, perhaps he might be a good choice to include in any trade rather than give up a first round draft pick. Charlie V could be offered. I would take Cousins over Charlie V. It is true that Cousins is out of shape and might be a party animal drinking the hard stuff because he is suffering from ADD with hypertension. Or he might have scheduled a sex change operation for December thinking that the lock out would not end. Who knows what his real issues might be but I still would take him over Charlie V and Daye right now due to team needs. Maybe being in the Motor City with Frank as coach could change his attitude. Too bad the Pistons can't get both Cousins and McGee in uniform.

Chicago's bigs should destroy the Pistons tonight along with Rose even with no rest and travel. However, maybe our Pistons will surprise us again. The chemistry is better. The starting guards for the Pistons cannot guard Rose. Piston guards must score a lot of points to stay with the Bulls. Run them into the ground JJ. Have fun Knight. Go Pistons!!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty JaVele McGee

Post  frankied Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:42 pm

flip saunders loves offensive players.
it just so happens that joe has been stocking up on offensive players the last few years.
maybe he can ship some of them over to washington for guys like booker and mcgee.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty FRANKIE D.

Post  deusXango Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:50 pm

Should your avatar photo be a recent shot I say congratulations and welcome to the real world of "money grabbing" unless you're a social scientist to which I'd advise you to go slow (the world can't be saved). If it's an old shot I say, loan me a $1,000 :lol:
Anyway, I forgot that Flip was supposed to be this "offensive genius", but the problem is, Prince can't be moved right now so that leaves the Wizards a choice of CV or Daye and Bynum as offensive threats.......I dunno. Thanks for the heads up on Trevor Booker, sounds like he could be another upgrade for us. I was bashing Frank not long ago (when he decided to start Stuckey and Gordon), but I'm beginning to feel like he's a better coach than Flip! Am I out on an island all by myself? Who's making personel decisions for the Wizards?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Being Frank on Stuckey & Other Stuff

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:56 pm

afro Frank Sez he likes Stuckeys ability to go 94 feet, attack the rim & draw the fouls, one thing he didn't mention was Rodney's inability to take advantage of the rim by missing too many easy Bunny's, seems like he led the league in missed lay ups last year, which was one thing I thought that they would have him working on, he could be really valuable to the team by converting just half those shots, at least last night he made 10 out of 13 foul shots by his ability to draw the foul, it doesn't always work out that way for Stuck though, too many times he has blown numerous Bunny's only for the other team to convert on fast breaks, we're also not ready for him to be in the game at crunch time, he would be the last person on the team I would want taking the crucial shot, as per last years numerous blown chances at the last minute. He does have the caplebilities of improving though & getting better, i just haven't seen it so far this year. Side note: Grizz, Sissy & Frankied have put up their photos so far, where are the rest, when I read their posts I at least know whom I'm talking at, come on guys. Hey Flip, nice Larry Bird thumbs up, that would be nice if ever the forum votes on anything we could give the thumbs up for yes, now if you could do a thumbs down by Bird.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty THE ONE AND ONLY COOL BREEZE

Post  deusXango Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:17 pm

"Charlie V could be offered. I would take Cousins over Charlie V. It is true that Cousins is out of shape and might be a party animal drinking the hard stuff because he is suffering from ADD with hypertension. Or he might have scheduled a sex change operation for December thinking that the lock out would not end. Who knows what his real issues might be but I still would take him over Charlie V and Daye right now due to team needs."

-Cool Breeze

So, you're really crazy about Charlie V and Daye huh? I've missed you on here Don, but when you show up you know how to make an entrance, I'll give you that. That was a priceless piece :!: It would be the frontcourt to rival Indy and Chicago if we could get both McGee and Cousins with Monroe already on board, and Wallace completing his career; the fly in the butter is, how would Cousins take coming off the bench if Frank decided to start McGee? I would until he got in shape and even then I think he lacks the athleticism of McGee. It's not so much about pairing with Monroe as it is about completing Monroe and Jerebko, and to that end McGee would probably be a better fit. Anyway, thanks for the laugh Don, and Happy 2012 to you & yours.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:32 pm

McGee will be a Free Agent next year... The Wizz will have to decide if they can keep him... if not he'll be available by the deadline.... He'll go for more than the MLE so Joe's only hope is to make a nice offer.
This is one of the few players I'd part with the pick for.... Daye + 2012 pick for McGee.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty mcgee...

Post  frankied Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:07 pm

merc wrote:McGee will be a Free Agent next year... The Wizz will have to decide if they can keep him... if not he'll be available by the deadline.... He'll go for more than the MLE so Joe's only hope is to make a nice offer.
This is one of the few players I'd part with the pick for.... Daye + 2012 pick for McGee.
it will be tough to pry him away from washington unless they decide that he will leave as a free agent. otherwise, it is tough to give up on a young guy who looks like he is finally starting to get it.
my guess is that he's going to end up getting deandre jordan type money once he hits the market.
if they figure they don't want to pay that kind of money for him, he might be available.
saw the boston/wash. game on nba league pass and he looked very good. a double/double and extremely active. now, he's been known to follow that up with a real stinker, but that is what happens with young players.
darn, he'd look so nice next to monroe!
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty frankied...

Post  frankied Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:10 pm

deusXango wrote:Should your avatar photo be a recent shot I say congratulations and welcome to the real world of "money grabbing" unless you're a social scientist to which I'd advise you to go slow (the world can't be saved). If it's an old shot I say, loan me a $1,000 :lol: ...
deusX,
the pic is only 5 years old, but i was attending the graduation ceremony of my students. the woman in the pic was one of my favorite students and she wanted a pic of me, so i obliged. heck, i could use a loan. i was just a poor instructor.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Stunkey

Post  FlyDog Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Glass breaker.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Who Dat?

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:54 pm

Merc: Who is that in your Avatar? If its you I must have missed it. Good on ya if it's you, we'll also put you in the handsome column if it is. Hey Fly didn't Blondie sing that one? Glass Breaker? Ha! Stunks: I was trying to make that lay-in off the glass: but I missed the shot AGAIN & fell on my azz. Yep thats Stunks. Gotta Love 'em.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Bulls Score 6 in a row to start

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:53 pm

Franks calls Time Out, Sez what's this crap? Rip with an assist, Boozer with 2 pquick buckets. 8:40 left in 1st, haven't scored yet, Monroe finally a lay in with 6:02 left. Alright let's go, Rip a score, George says count that baby & a foul, makes, 9-2, Stuck with a 4 point play included a penalty, 11-6, Boozer again, man this guy always kills us.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:08 pm

frankied wrote:if grizz can post an avatar with an asian cutie, i figure i can follow suit...

Nice picture Frankie .. Good to see ya! thanks!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:08 pm

merc wrote:McGee will be a Free Agent next year... The Wizz will have to decide if they can keep him... if not he'll be available by the deadline.... He'll go for more than the MLE so Joe's only hope is to make a nice offer.

nice pic of you, Merc ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty game link

Post  Grizz Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:09 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Bulls, Pistons

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:22 pm

Bulls Second unit comes in with 7 footer Asik & 6'9 " Gibson, Pistons counter with Big Ben & Maxi-Pads, ughhh! Joe, Come On! afro
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Stuckey does not want to be

Post  Grizz Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:39 pm

a point guard ... there is no fire and no focus .. He doesnt even have the confidence .. which you really need .. Bynum is in because Frank is searching for better play ... I wish they would put Knight in as starter because Knight is the one to develop and the longer they, Frank and Dumars wait on this, the less Knight will develop ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Bulls, Pistons

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:41 pm

Next subject!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:45 pm

frankied wrote:
deusXango wrote:Should your avatar photo be a recent shot I say congratulations and welcome to the real world of "money grabbing" unless you're a social scientist to which I'd advise you to go slow (the world can't be saved). If it's an old shot I say, loan me a $1,000 :lol: ...
deusX,
the pic is only 5 years old, but i was attending the graduation ceremony of my students. the woman in the pic was one of my favorite students and she wanted a pic of me, so i obliged. heck, i could use a loan. i was just a poor instructor.

frankie, I can't see your other hand!!!

I'm concerned that you may be in violation of the teacher student rules, but I forgive you.

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Suddenly We're Back to Suckin'

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:51 pm

afro 51-35, Guess who's behind i known we won two in a row but until we get some better players this is the only way it's gonna go, win a couple lose 5, win 1, lose 5 more. Just imagine you've won 2 Championships Back 2 Back, won another 2004 with your own team that you help build, just what the H is this man thinking, everyone knows & deep down he's got to know, Soooo,! What the H is his problem? I've never been so frustrated with his actions, the same guy who hired Curry & Kuester, What? Especially Curry who was going to hold everyone accountable, Please! He's insulting our Intelligence. Mickey York's gonna tell us how to get back in this game, Oh man, can't wait to hear this. Jeeze if only they could be competitive.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next