Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+15
Phil-Good
Admin
Flip
Fennis Dembo
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Grizz
FlyDog
merc
Sissy1946
deusXango
cool breeze
frankied
Sebastian
19 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty @Don aka Cool Breeze

Post  WTF Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:02 pm

Stuckey and Gordon aren't winners they're whiners. I'm surprise with Gordon coming from a winning program that he doesn't assume a role of leader on this team being the highest paid player. He's getting the minutes he claimed he need to be effective and it's just not happnening.

George doen't get the players on the court correct half the time so what do you expect. I swear I actually heard him calling a play in the Minny game after the play was over and he still got it wrong.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Walker Russell and guard accountability

Post  cool breeze Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:03 pm

Watching Walker R. running the floor trying to compete on defense made me realize that this guy is as good as Gordon and Stuckey and better than Bynum for this Piston team. We need players who will give a supreme effort. We need players who are hungry. Gordon plays hard sometimes for about half of the game. He takes the other half off as his lunch break. Stuckey plays no defense and always has that calm expression as if he is about ready to fall asleep when he doesn't have the basketball in his hands. That means he fakes playing defense and doesn't really pay attention when another player has control of the ball. Detroit will lose with or without them. They have not been inspiring to any other teammate on this Piston team for the past 3 seasons. They are not leaders. However, they make the most money and that is insane. walker was playing all out on both ends. Maybe he doesn't have the alleged offensive skills of Gordon and Stuckey, but he is a better fit going forward as the Pistons try to gather players who want to play basketball the right way. Gordon and Stuckey are not good for this team. They need to go. What sane GM after watching those two would say that they are part of the future? No Dumars is not a sane individual when it comes to running a basketball team and the owner needs to understand that real quick. Bring guys in from the D league who want to prove something. That could be fun for the fans to watch rather than watch Gordon and Stuckey take their lunch break on the hardwood. And Daye should go down to the D league to find himself. He needs to play more but he cannot play at the NBA level regarding understanding offensive sets, passing the basketball and playing defense and lack of strength and speed. Even if his shot is falling Daye hurts the team.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Daye

Post  WTF Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:15 pm

It takes heart not confidence to play defense and Daye simply doesn't have either at this point and the D-league might do him some good. But the problem is Joe and everyone else knows he'll go down to D-league and get his ass whipped. What needs tyo happen is for them to simply let it play out and not pick up his option next season and call it a wash or the usual (another wasted draft pick).

I can't think of any other NBA former player son that has embarrassed his father to this extent.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Brandon Knight and Kyle Singler

Post  cool breeze Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:25 pm

From watching Singler's career, I believe that if the Pistons had him right now, we would be having a lot more fun watching the team play. Maybe the Pistons would lose but I know that Singler hates to lose. He is much like Knight when it comes to having the ability to adapt because like Knight, he is very smart. Singler would be blocking shots, getting rebounds, taking charges and doing all the little things like setting picks the right way, running hard without the ball and hitting the boards on the weak side. We have players standing around watching much of the time while Knight is going full out on both ends. We need another guy to create a spark in the other players like Monroe. Monroe needs to be led by somebody to get charged up. Knight will become better and better and will inspire others to play harder. But Singler is just like Knight. The Pistons better sign him to play next season. If so, he is just like getting a top pick in this year's draft. However, knowing how Dumars operates, he will sign Daye to a big contract and release Singler because he will want to protect Daye's playing time just like he did when he moved Affalo so Stuckey would have clear sailing. If the Pistons had Affalo right now, Knight would look so much better. Those two play tough defense and are not selfish players. Affalo is a team orientated player and a complete player. That is what Knight needs right now. Nobody can function playing next to Stuckey or Gordon. Neither care a lick about playing defense on every possession. The owner needs to step in and run this team and remove the dead wood before they contaminate Brandon Knight.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Meet the future of your Detroit Pistons...

Post  Flip Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:36 pm

33 yr old, 6-6, Lebanese swingman Fadi-al-Khatib

Is Fadi al-Khatib NBA material? It’s a question that has been continuously asked by basketball fans on the internet, considering his huge contribution to the success of the Lebanese national team over the past 10 years.

The answer to the question has come from the Detroit Pistons, who have recently been exchanging emails with Fadi, as “The Tiger” confirmed to The Daily Star in a phone call. A contract may be signed as early as this summer.

“It’s true. I have been exchanging emails with Joe Dumars [Detroit Pistons’ President], who has asked me to come in summer,” revealed Khatib, who is 32 years old.

He added: “I don’t know yet if I am going. Playing in the NBA is something professional players dream of, but I have a family and I am starting a new project here.”

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:38 pm

WISEFAN wrote:It takes heart not confidence to play defense and Daye simply doesn't have either at this point and the D-league might do him some good. But the problem is Joe and everyone else knows he'll go down to D-league and get his ass whipped. What needs tyo happen is for them to simply let it play out and not pick up his option next season and call it a wash or the usual (another wasted draft pick).

I can't think of any other NBA former player son that has embarrassed his father to this extent.

Wisefan thanks for the response. Daye didn't listen to his college coach who predicted this would happen. Daye's college team had to hide him on defense and that is why they stayed with the zone which costs them several games. Daye only shot the basketball in college. He couldn't play defense, rebound or pass the basketball. Daye should have been a 4 year college player. His body was not developed strength wise enough to make it in the NBA and he had no clue as to how to play man to man defense or help defense and he couldn't get the concept of boxing out for rebounding. It just amazes me that Dumars couldn't figure that out. However, Dumars likes to base a lot on those summer camps where the players go through drills to make his final selections as he did with Maxiell. He liked the way Daye shot the basketball at the camp. Dumars never bothers to interview any of the player's coaches who know every little weakness about their players (Rodney White-Maxiell-Daye-Stuckey). How in hell can you hold a job as GM if you don't interview a prospects college coach? We live and die as Piston fans based on Joe Dumars' crystal ball.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:47 pm

Flip wrote:33 yr old, 6-6, Lebanese swingman Fadi-al-Khatib

Is Fadi al-Khatib NBA material? It’s a question that has been continuously asked by basketball fans on the internet, considering his huge contribution to the success of the Lebanese national team over the past 10 years.

The answer to the question has come from the Detroit Pistons, who have recently been exchanging emails with Fadi, as “The Tiger” confirmed to The Daily Star in a phone call. A contract may be signed as early as this summer.

“It’s true. I have been exchanging emails with Joe Dumars [Detroit Pistons’ President], who has asked me to come in summer,” revealed Khatib, who is 32 years old.

He added: “I don’t know yet if I am going. Playing in the NBA is something professional players dream of, but I have a family and I am starting a new project here.”

Flip you have done it again. "It's amazing, so amazing". I wonder if Mr. Gores will hire that announcer to replace either Greg or George next season when the amazing Fadi arrives to the Palace. I noticed that Charlie V would fit in well with both of those teams. He could be considered an average defender on their standards. Great job Flip!!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty portland is going to abuse the pistons...

Post  frankied Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:07 pm

portland has a big, physical team that plays a hardnosed, physical game. it is the first team that actually plays like nate mcmillan played. its his first team that reflects him.
matthews is a very physical guard. gerald wallace is the type of physical SF who typically abuses tay.
camby has morphed into a center who plays a pretty physical game and he is still a very good shotblocker. kurt thomas is...well, kurt thomas, a big, strong, tough guy who is still extremely effective as a rebounder and shooter.
craig "the rhino" smith got a chance to play when camby got hurt a few games back and he's been a steady rotation player since. only about 6'7", 270 pounds or so.
the only piston who can even began to compete with that kind of muscle, all throughout the line up is ben, and of course, stuckey in the backcourt.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty DARREN DAYE vs AUSTIN DAYE

Post  deusXango Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Darren Daye enjoyed a 5 year professional career......his first three were far better than what Austin has shown thus far. Hell yes he's ashamed that he couldn't steal money the way his son Austin is now. The opportunity just wasn't there. Sad
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:11 pm

cool breeze wrote:Flip you have done it again. "It's amazing, so amazing". I wonder if Mr. Gores will hire that announcer to replace either Greg or George next season when the amazing Fadi arrives to the Palace. I noticed that Charlie V would fit in well with both of those teams. He could be considered an average defender on their standards. Great job Flip!!

That announcer is hilarious lol

He gets so excited over a simple layup. And is it just me or does Fadi move slower than Charlie V?

He was huffing and puffing after shooting a free throw, lol. Looks like some guy playing ball at the Y. facepalm
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty the ironic thing is...

Post  frankied Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:19 pm

joe d could have had just about any of portland's frontcourt players.
camby was obtained in a trade deadline deal for travis outlaw and his expiring contract and steve blake. i'm sure the clippers would have much preferred to send him to the eastern conference instead of to a competitor in the west.
thomas was signed as a free agent this year for 1.3 million. ben is making 2.2 million and thomas is a much, much more effective player, even though he is older. he is scoring more, rebounding more, shooting a higher percentage and playing more. and he is still highly effective.
craig smith is making less than a million dollars. he is doing for portland exactly what i've been posting about: adding toughness, rebounding, lowpost scoring, a physical presence under the boards...all things detroit desperately needs.
and instead of signing or getting any of these guys, joe is signing guys like wilkins and trying to get 33 year old wing players from middle eastern leagues.
camby makes a lot of money, and he made a lot of money when he was traded to portland. but a guy like ben gordon is making 11 million, while camby is making 9 million. i know which team is getting the better deal.
thomas and smith? steals for the money and for what they bring to the court.
those three guys bring exactly what detroit is missing now and ironically, the pistons could have easily had all 3 of them if joe was focused on the right players.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty LIL' LARRY SAID....

Post  deusXango Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:36 pm

Players would work their way into the rotation regardless of who they were...that's what Lil' Larry said. After less than 72 hours of meeting Stuckey, he was starting opening night. Ben Gordon has been an undeserved fixture in the starting lineup since the season began even though Stuckey would be a better fit with Knight as a starter. I'm just setting the stage for an all out attack on Lil' Larry, so don't get restless. I don't like him and there are reasons why.

Vernon Macklin sopped up meager minutes again last night and as usual made the most of them as far as I'm concerned. I'm not blind or stupid so I know what I saw, why is it that Lil' Larry can't recognize what he' s seeing? Why is he continuously throwing Maxiell out there and allowing Macklin to rot on the bench? Macklin is bigger (can't coach size), more court aware, a better passer (Maxiell doesn't pass at all), positions himself well, and appears to be a better compliment to Monroe. What's Lil' Larry's deal? What are the players seeing of this guy in practice? More importantly, what are the local "rag writers" seeing that they're not honestly reporting? This young man has not shown his ass off the court nor has he had an opportunity to expose himself to be another CV or Daye on the court. Lil' Larry says a lot but Macklin is not a topic for discussion. Why?

Lil' Larry is duplicating errors of the past by his decision making today; Billips is long gone, and so is Afflalo. We've over paid for Gordon and still being taxed for Hamilton. As a result of yesterdays bad decisions the best looking SG today is a rookie, and the most logical PG prospect is a NBADL call-up. What this team needs more than anything now is the development of big men because it's apparent our GM is not going to acquire any. Why not develop Macklin? 6'10" 235lbs. We can't use that? Our true cornerstone of the future wouldn't be comfortable with that? Yesterday we passed on DuJuan Blair because alledgedly we had that in Maxiell; we gave up on Amir Johnson because we had Maxiell (who was just extended a contract by a simpleton), and let Summers go for no given reason what-so-ever. I know 2 out of the 3 players mentioned fit team needs better than what we have in CV and Maxiell, why are we, as fans, not given the benefit of seeing Macklin prove himself or fall flat on his face? If ever there was a time it's now! What will be his fate because of Lil' Larry's neglect? We're less than 25% of the way through a shortened season and Monroe is already tired of being ganged up on and overwhelmed; you can see it in his body language and I don't blame him. He's put in his work to improve! He expect help and he deserve it!

Lil' Larry, Lil' Larry just what we needed, another shit spewing talking head. Get a grip and do what you said! mad
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty FRANKIE D.

Post  deusXango Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Hey Frankie, if you're out there, Mississippi St. plays at 7:30 on ESPN2....you can get a chance to see Arnett Moultrie, for better or worse. Smile The sad news is, it conflicts with our "train wreak" the one we can't take our eyes off of Sad Oh well.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty why not play macklin?

Post  frankied Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:23 pm

cause frank is your typical nba coach who would rather sink with a predictable vet, rather than throw a young player out there. that young player might just play very well, but he might just screw up royally also. the coach would rather be able to say that he put a guy out there who was predictable or competent - though extremely limited - rather than put a young guy out who could either tear the rim down or give up the winning basket on a missed rotation.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:24 pm

deusXango wrote:Hey Frankie, if you're out there, Mississippi St. plays at 7:30 on ESPN2....you can get a chance to see Arnett Moultrie, for better or worse. Smile The sad news is, it conflicts with our "train wreak" the one we can't take our eyes off of Sad Oh well.
thanks, i am going over to my favorite blazers' bar to watch the beat-down the team will take - what can i say, i'm a glutton for punishment! - but i will try to get them to put that game on one of the screens. thanks for the tip.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty why not play macklin?

Post  deusXango Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:39 pm

frankied wrote:cause frank is your typical nba coach who would rather sink with a predictable vet, rather than throw a young player out there. that young player might just play very well, but he might just screw up royally also. the coach would rather be able to say that he put a guy out there who was predictable or competent - though extremely limited - rather than put a young guy out who could either tear the rim down or give up the winning basket on a missed rotation.
Hey Frankie, when the team is down by 15 with 45 seconds to go (on average per night) the young guy should have been on the floor unless the coach is brilliant enough to come up with a 16 pt. scheme that the team can execute in 30 seconds or less. Don't take up for that clown because the typical coach today is much better than Lil' Larry and would be playing Macklin during a rebuilding season! Enjoy the evening.

-------

deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40