Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+15
Phil-Good
Admin
Flip
Fennis Dembo
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Grizz
FlyDog
merc
Sissy1946
deusXango
cool breeze
frankied
Sebastian
19 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Can Ya Smell What Dumars is Cookin'?

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:58 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] Outrageous, Nasty, Pitiful, Dumars must think we're friggin' idiots watching this poor display of Professional Basketball, this is not Pro Basketball. I give him a double FF for Failure times two. e-mailed Goodwill, he says Joe will not be fired & this is rebuilding year because he knows more than we do. e-mailed him back said Joe will be fired & told him if it was a rebuilding year then Maxiell, Wallace & the rest of the scrubs wouldn't be playing & macklin & the rest of the kids would be, what a cantankerous bass-tuurd.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty You Guys Miss Me Don't Ya?

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:52 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]Thats Mr. Sheed to you Mr. Bavetta.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Daye

Post  Murph Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:15 am

Frankie...I remember draft night, when Daye was drafted. There had been rumors that Joe was interested in Austin Daye, but no one could quite believe it. We had already seen Joe draft (or acquire) and lose patience with previous projects such as Amir, Darko and Samb, so no one thought drafting another project like Daye was a good idea. But sure enough, Joe passed over guys we really needed, like Holiday, Lawson, Teague, Maynor, Collison, Blair and Gibson to draft Daye.

Frankie...I remember you absolutely hated the Austin Daye draft pick at the time. And I'm here to tell you that your first impression of Daye was your best impression of Daye. And Daye has proven to be everything we feared he would be. He's a slow, skinny, weak tweener...too slow to play the wing and too skinny and weak to play PF.

Lately though Frankie, you've developed this odd theory that Daye is really a SG. Now, aside from Daye's aledged pure shot (which is currently broken), I'm not sure what skills Daye has that would qualify him as a SG. He turns the ball over frequently, has average to poor handles, dishes few assists, makes poor decisions on the perimeter, and is to slow to keep up with most opposing SGs. Furthermore, Daye doesn't really block all that many shots, and his rebounding is just average. For example, this year, Daye is averaging 6.4 rebounds per 36 minutes, which is not that great.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think you're a great poster; I always enjoy reading your post, and often learn many things from them. But I have to say, I'm getting pretty discouraged with the results of the Austin Daye project. He's already crapped out at PF and SF...and he's currently stinking up the place at SG.

Sure, play Daye plenty of minutes this year, because as Oracle pointed out...what's the difference? But when it come to picking up Daye's $3 million option for next year, I think we could spend that money much better elsewhere. IMO, the best we could hope for in Daye is that he might develop into a designated shooter off the bench, like Charlie V. But CV is and will always be a better shooter than Daye, and we have CV tied up for 2 more years, so why do we need Daye?

To paraphrase Sigmund Freud: sometimes a bust is just a bust.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty V-Mac

Post  Murph Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:33 am

Guys...please don't get too excited about Vernon Macklin either. He's was a 25 year old, 5th year senior, with mediocre college stats, when he was drafted. He was so obscure at the time of the draft, that he didn't even appear on most of the moch draft boards. And he ended up being the 52nd pick of a very, very weak draft. As prospects go, V-Mac doesn't have a great deal of potential.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty THEY JUST DON'T GET IT

Post  WTF Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:49 am

"I will be honest with you," Norman said. "This is sad to see. I am a little saddened by this."

A few hundred feet away Palace president Dennis Mannion sat in a chair inside his office with charts, graphs and studies that hope to capture the Pistons fans. He admitted the team under new owner Tom Gores has been overwhelmed in learning its new fan base. It's more expansive and more diverse than expected.

The season-ticket base is smaller, which Mannion said is a trend in sports, because fans do not want to devote as much time to events as they used to because of a more diverse lifestyle. The Pistons are trying to lure fans by turning games into events. There are so many live musical acts that some fans joke that the Pistons parade a basketball game in between concert sets. Detnews

Yep dumb ass I'm not going to games because of a diverse life-style facepalm Geez Mr. Mannion don't look at a damn graph and chart for answer, look at the freaking roster for your answers. Fans don't want to see bullshit in any city but especially here in Detroit. I mean are they really that dumb at the Palace, you're not seeing this type of shitty attendence in places where teams are contending or where superstar talent is keeping a team competitive and entertaining.

Is this really all you got? is dumbass charts and sub-par half-time shows to entice fans to attend games, how about a solid trade for a big man or 2 to make the team half decent to watch? Yeah put that shit on your graphs and charts. This is still suppose to be a freaking sport where winning matters first and foremost.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty V-Mac

Post  WTF Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:53 am

Murph wrote:Guys...please don't get too excited about Vernon Macklin either. He's was a 25 year old, 5th year senior, with mediocre college stats, when he was drafted. He was so obscure at the time of the draft, that he didn't even appear on most of the moch draft boards. And he ended up being the 52nd pick of a very, very weak draft. As prospects go, V-Mac doesn't have a great deal of potential.

Even knowing all of that I would still rather watch Vernon get PT than Big Has Ben and JMax. I don't any of us thinks he's a solution to our big man issue, but neither is Ben and Jason sorry arses.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Great Avatar!

Post  Grizz Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:10 am

Murph wrote:Guys...please don't get too excited about Vernon Macklin either. He's was a 25 year old, 5th year senior, with mediocre college stats, when he was drafted. He was so obscure at the time of the draft, that he didn't even appear on most of the moch draft boards. And he ended up being the 52nd pick of a very, very weak draft. As prospects go, V-Mac doesn't have a great deal of potential.

Murph .. Got a few chuckles out of that avatar ... McGrady doing his thing? lol
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty So True...

Post  Grizz Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:11 am

WISEFAN wrote:"I will be honest with you," Norman said. "This is sad to see. I am a little saddened by this."

A few hundred feet away Palace president Dennis Mannion sat in a chair inside his office with charts, graphs and studies that hope to capture the Pistons fans. He admitted the team under new owner Tom Gores has been overwhelmed in learning its new fan base. It's more expansive and more diverse than expected.

The season-ticket base is smaller, which Mannion said is a trend in sports, because fans do not want to devote as much time to events as they used to because of a more diverse lifestyle. The Pistons are trying to lure fans by turning games into events. There are so many live musical acts that some fans joke that the Pistons parade a basketball game in between concert sets. Detnews

Yep dumb ass I'm not going to games because of a diverse life-style facepalm Geez Mr. Mannion don't look at a damn graph and chart for answer, look at the freaking roster for your answers. Fans don't want to see bullshit in any city but especially here in Detroit. I mean are they really that dumb at the Palace, you're not seeing this type of shitty attendence in places where teams are contending or where superstar talent is keeping a team competitive and entertaining.

Is this really all you got? is dumbass charts and sub-par half-time shows to entice fans to attend games, how about a solid trade for a big man or 2 to make the team half decent to watch? Yeah put that shit on your graphs and charts. This is still suppose to be a freaking sport where winning matters first and foremost.

Cynic .. So true ... What is wrong with these people? They dont know Piston fans, that is for sure!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Death Spiral

Post  Grizz Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:13 am

Sissy1946 wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link] Outrageous, Nasty, Pitiful, Dumars must think we're friggin' idiots watching this poor display of Professional Basketball, this is not Pro Basketball. I give him a double FF for Failure times two. e-mailed Goodwill, he says Joe will not be fired & this is rebuilding year because he knows more than we do. e-mailed him back said Joe will be fired & told him if it was a rebuilding year then Maxiell, Wallace & the rest of the scrubs wouldn't be playing & macklin & the rest of the kids would be, what a cantankerous bass-tuurd.

Sissy .. I was pondering how bad things would have to get to get Dumars / Frank fired .. You figure Frank is the first to go at 2 and 22 or so .. Dumars at 2 and 36 .. Just how bad of a death spiral of losses is it gonna take?
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty They Don't Get It On At Least Two Levels

Post  FlyDog Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:28 am

Wise- Makes you wonder how "In touch" these stupid suit and tie guys really are. You make a great point in that if they simply had a product that was competitive on the floor, the Palace would be packed. But they're also wrong about the "Diverse life-styles" thing. Duh..............people, in general, are fucking broke. They make it seem like the average Joe would rather detail his Mercedes than go watch the Pistons, when in reality, people are STAYING HOME because they're not gonna break the bank to be served a shit sandwhich at the Palace when they can have Ramen noodles at home.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty So True...

Post  WTF Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:29 am

I don't get it Grizz all that little dumb stuff they're doing is suppose to be the little extras when attending a game sorta like a mint after dinner. But these clowns are offering up after dinner mints as a main meal and serving fans shittilings and fart burgers as an appetizer.

I said this before the team can be playing at the crappiest arena in the league if they were 9-0 and fans will sell it out because winning is what we want. If the Bad Boys and the 2004 teams played at the Dome and ice and snow were on our asses we still would have put 70,000 in the seats most games as long as the team is contending. The fans want a winner not mints and T-shirts or freaking give-aways to draw us to games.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Pass The Caviar, Please............

Post  FlyDog Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:33 am

The Lions and Tigers drew tremendously this year. The Tigers packed the house almost every night, during the Summer, when there ARE actually other things to do, because they were WINNING. Maybe the fans liked the music between innings, or the entertaining ground crew during the 7th inning stretch?............SMFH
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty They Don't Get It On At Least Two Levels

Post  WTF Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:39 am

FlyDog wrote:Wise- Makes you wonder how "In touch" these stupid suit and tie guys really are. You make a great point in that if they simply had a product that was competitive on the floor, the Palace would be packed. But they're also wrong about the "Diverse life-styles" thing. Duh..............people, in general, are fucking broke. They make it seem like the average Joe would rather detail his Mercedes than go watch the Pistons, when in reality, people are STAYING HOME because they're not gonna break the bank to be served a shit sandwhich at the Palace when they can have Ramen noodles at home.

Exactly Fly, economics are key in this as well, no one buying bullshit. The suits can't even connect the dots that even when they discount tickets or give them things away for free that nobody wants to go these games. The new CBA revenue sharing will be the only thing to keep their asses out of the red after this season beause they certainly won't make a profit with this roster...unless Rett buys all the tickets this year
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Dummies

Post  FlyDog Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:15 am

I'll put it another way: A regular family guy has 2 choices

1. Bring the family to the Palace to watch the Pistons sleepwalk and get their ass handed to them. Total cost: $300.00

2. Bring his Dodge in for service because it needs a tuneup, his tail light keeps shorting out, and one of his power windows is moving very slowly. Total cost: $300.00.

If the team were exciting, he might let the old Dodge slide until his next paycheck.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Speak on it, George!

Post  Rett Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:07 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Sit On It, George..........

Post  FlyDog Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:15 am

What he says is true, all teams go through bad cycles in the NBA. For the most part, before a renaissance, a clean sweep of management is needed. Fire Joe.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:18 am

Rett wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Doesn't change the fact that Joe Dumars is a dunce or the fact that you and your Uncle George are cheerleaders cheers
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:00 pm

Yes that's it... the 80's retread bands is what will put fannies in the seats... I'm holding out for Cyndi Lauper... cause girls just wanna have fun at the Palace. guitar
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:26 pm

Dang didn't you say you were quitting this forum door
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty A Lesson From History

Post  Fennis Dembo Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:18 pm

I’m telling this story just to back up the point that several people are making. It’s the quality of the team not all the marketing mumbo-jumbo that draws the fans. This happened when the Pistons and Lions both played in the Silver Dome. I'm not sure of the year. The Pistons had a really good team and the Lions were having a losing season. The Pistons played on a Friday night at the dome and the game was televised. They drew 33,000 people to the game. A super crowd for an NBA game. The Lions played two days later on Sunday at the dome and the game was blacked-out. They drew only 31,000 for the game, low attendance by NFL standards. People want to watch an exciting winning team not a losing team without much hope.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Blaha ...

Post  Sebastian Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:19 pm

No disrespect, but Blaha is an ass kisser.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Knee Deep In Charts And Graphs..........

Post  FlyDog Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:28 pm

It's such a simple concept. WIN!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty A Change Be Calling

Post  WTF Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:29 pm

FlyDog wrote:What he says is true, all teams go through bad cycles in the NBA. For the most part, before a renaissance, a clean sweep of management is needed. Fire Joe.

Yep right after those back to back Trader Jack was gone, now it's time for Fatman batman to go.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty State Of The Pistons Address

Post  WTF Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:45 pm

I wonder if Joe is going to give his annual 6 part State Of The Pistons Address this year? I hope the hell not.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty State Of Address

Post  FlyDog Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:55 pm

Can't wait.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content