Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+15
Phil-Good
Admin
Flip
Fennis Dembo
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Grizz
FlyDog
merc
Sissy1946
deusXango
cool breeze
frankied
Sebastian
19 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Both...!

Post  Rett Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:31 pm

WISEFAN wrote:MSU vs UofM or Pistons vs Rockets? I'll be peeping the in state battle.....GO BLUE!
rockon

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Plane carrying Pistons makes emergency landing

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:33 pm

Grizz wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

That's it!!!!

Put Fat Joe on a diet, he's getting too big to fly lol! !!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Big Ben Starting over JJ

Post  Flip Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:14 pm

Good move considering JJ got abused by Lee last game and has to face a similar player in Scola.

JJ's not a starting PF, probably best used as a backup 3-4.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  frankied Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:31 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
frankied wrote:
Flip wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
great!!!!
i love it!!!!

frankied you should email this picture to Vince. LOL!
now wise, that really would be grounds to get blocked! i still might do it, though. it is hilarious.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Joe has discipline

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:40 pm

Ownership, he said, is “totally on board with rebuilding this the right way.”

“You just have to have the discipline to do it, but make no mistake about it: Everybody is so competitive because you want to win every single game. It’s hard to maintain it sometimes, because you just want to win. You show up at the arena, they toss the ball up and at the end of the night, you want to walk out of the arena feeling good that you won a game. It’s extremely tough to lose. It’s the worst feeling in the world in this business. Either you win or you’re miserable. There’s no in between. Either you win and you walk out feeling great or you lose and you’re miserable.”

The discipline Dumars maintains and imposes, with ownership’s support, is “pretty simple,” he said. “Building up and developing new, young talent. Increasing your young talent base and allowing a young team to grow together and become a really good team one day. Right now, it’s about the flexibility to do that or acquiring someone who is going to grow with you. If it doesn’t fall under that realm, it would be tough for us to do any deal outside of that.”
- From True Blue Piston

Joe needs discipline to NOT make deals... Riiight, tell me another!

While I totally agree that we shouldn't do any deals unless it's for young guys, and work toward a top 5 pick, Joe is blowing smoke at this point.

He has limited assets and cap flexibility to make any deals that would help this team, the needs are too great.

That's why I said that I wouldn't trade our pick for anybody right now(well, I would for a couple of OKC stars, lol). We're talking a full rebuild, and we've got two solid pieces, and it's now time to get that 3rd, then comes the role players that we can pick up from a lot of places.

The full rebuild is on, and Gores has blessed tanking the season... Great Move!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:51 pm

Flip wrote:Good move considering JJ got abused by Lee last game and has to face a similar player in Scola.

JJ's not a starting PF, probably best used as a backup 3-4.
i mentioned a while back that i thought he should start.
there is no doubt that the team plays better when he and monroe are on the court together. ben does the kind of things that a second big needs to do when monroe is on the court. plus, when ben and max are on the floor together with the second unit, it is brutal, as you have two guys that the defense simply does not have to guard. ben on the first unit balances things out more.
the problem is simply that ben shouldn't be playing more than about 10-12 minutes a game. it is a huge admission of failure to have ben starting, an admission that you don't have anyone better. like bringing a big, fat, nasty chick to your high school prom. horribly embarrassing... for the franchise. i'd actually like to see them try macklin, before raising the flag of surrender by starting ben. but no doubt that ben is the best defensive big on the team and he will help monroe.
he essentially allows monroe to slide over to the 4 defensively, which is extremely important.
it may also be a reflection of the fact that monroe was exhausted last game and having to defend other seven footers, even non-offensive players like biedrins, takes a lot out of a big guy.
SA has always known this and that is why they never put duncan on the other team's big guys. maybe they will put him on a guy in the last quarter, to try to slow him down, but they always have a big, strong defensive big guy next to duncan just to pick up the physical slack.
a good move, though it probably won't be enough to keep houston off the boards.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Great game UM squeeks it out
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:08 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
frankied wrote:
Flip wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
great!!!!
i love it!!!!

frankied you should email this picture to Vince. LOL!

lol That would be hilarious.

I turned him into a smilie too.... rerun
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty GO BLUE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Rett Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:15 pm

Hey State........ NOT IN OUR HOUSE!!

hehe

and there will be dancin....dancin in the streets...
in A2 dance

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty I Ask This In All Seriousness........

Post  FlyDog Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:15 pm

Is that Vince Ellis, or is that Re-run? Dead freakin ringer.

Real stroke of genius to start old Ben for his Defense, when your team averages 85 points a game, why not drag another anchor? Great job by Ben though, as we held the Rockets to 68% from the field in the 1st Quarter.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Talking the Talk . .but NEVER EVER EVER WALKING THE WALK ...

Post  Grizz2 Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Mercury posted .. Joe finally speaks... talks about not settling for quick fixes just for a few more wins.... uh.... isn't that what Tay's contract is?
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Right Merc! Joe Joe Dumars should go into politics because nothing is ever about reality or the truth .. It is what you say and how you say it .. and if you lie through your teeth ... then who cares? Because the media rerun will back you up and just nod their heads in agreement and never ever challenge you on an outright distortion of A LIE.. No way in hell does Joe care about developing young players or rebuilding the team if you look at the last 3 seasons ... Rip (would be here if he wasnt bought out)SF Hamilton .. CV . .BG .. Tay .. Ben W .. Then why the hell are these guys around .. When have you, Joe Dumars gone so long with never developing even one big or PG? And hell yes we still need bigs but what the hades did you do instead? Sign these bums?! Joe . if you cannot speak to what has gone on the past 3 seasons without pointing out the garbage that has been going on . THEN SHUT UP! mad

Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty just have to say...............

Post  Rett Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:35 pm

violin

and the strings play on.............!!
lolololol

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Brilliance

Post  Grizz2 Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:35 pm

Flip .. that Rerun thing is beyond awesome .. as everyone agrees .. How about we do all the writers one by one? Our next contest . .find a way to mock those who live to write so they can distort the fortunes of the Detroit Pistons guitar

Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Brilliance

Post  Grizz2 Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:35 pm

Flip .. that Rerun thing is beyond awesome .. as everyone agrees .. How about we do all the writers one by one? Our next contest . .find a way to mock those who live to write so they can distort the fortunes of the Detroit Pistons guitar

Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty so...who did Vince cut into?

Post  Rett Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:37 pm

that's funny!
lol

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Speak on it...Joe!

Post  Rett Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:39 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

oh, i know u guys just are hatin on it...

Rett

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:05 pm

geez...with 4 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter they finally bring monroe out to set up a pick and roll to try to get dalembert out of the lane. you could tell monroe was intimidated by dalembert right from the start, so why did it take frank so long to try to get dalembert on the move and away from just standing in the lane.
this is the rockets 6th game in 8 days, so they are tired. even their announcers say that they are a tired team. running a big guy through lots of pick and rolls is a great way to exploit that. letting dalembert just stand in the lane and block shots plays right into their hands.
franks is ssssllllloooowwwww to respond to stuff that happens on the court.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty frank is a bobby knight disciple...

Post  frankied Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:07 pm

the houston announcers mentioned something interesting.
they noted that the pistons ran the shot clock all the way down every time down and that is why they only score 82 points a game.
they also mentioned that frank is a bobby knight disciple - which i didn't know - and that that had a lot to do with the way the team runs the shot clock down.
they laughed about the fact that knight probably couldn't coach with the 24 second clock, even though he was a good coach.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:13 pm

franks as a bobby knight disciple makes sense.
it explains a heckuva lot...from the style of play, to the screaming at players, to the stubborness...
it also explains why his teams were steadily worse at NJ.
players just tune a guy like him out, after a while. a short while.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Tonight...

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:34 pm

Our Big Men = FAIL

Ben puts up Michael Curry Numbers - 0pts and 4 boards

Monroe's bubble bursts - 4pts, but 11 boards

Knight has 6 turns, but 3 steals finishing with 15pts & 3 boards, good for a rook on the road!

The vets(Prince, BG & Stuckey) led the way in a loss... we're getting closer to that pick!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:41 pm

Grizz2 wrote:Flip .. that Rerun thing is beyond awesome .. as everyone agrees .. How about we do all the writers one by one? Our next contest . .find a way to mock those who live to write so they can distort the fortunes of the Detroit Pistons guitar

Thanks Very Happy I'll do Goodwill next, any suggestions?
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Discipline

Post  Sparma Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:51 pm

What Dumars says about discipline makes perfectly good sense. The problem is that even as a Joe fan I can't help but remember him singing a different tune not long ago, one that involved a smooth transition into a new era. Also, the Prince signing doesn't fit well with the discipline he mentions. I keep thinking Joe has hidden knowledge, only to be disappointed, eg, concerning Rodney White, Sharpe, Daye, Wilcox, Stuckey (as much more than he seemed to me from day 1), and Terrico White. I can't help but think he resigned Prince partly to justify not having gotten a 1st rounder for him last year (OBM and others can deny that was a genuine possibility). Joe's playing a dangerous game in that he's being passive when his job is at risk. I think he'll get one more draft as well as the chance to amnesty Charlie V after the season and go for one trade then. That draft had better be a doozy and it may well be. Not sure he'll survive to see its fruits though.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:53 pm

Oracle wrote:Our Big Men = FAIL

Ah yes "Binary Man" stats... 101010
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:57 pm

Oracle wrote:Our Big Men = FAIL

Monroe's bubble bursts - 4pts, but 11 boards

Knight has 6 turns, but 3 steals finishing with 15pts & 3 boards, good for a rook on the road!

The vets(Prince, BG & Stuckey) led the way in a loss... we're getting closer to that pick!
monroe had trouble with mullens, who is about the same length as dalembert. he seems to have trouble with that kind of defender. he will figure it out tho it may take some time.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:03 am

Sparma wrote:What Dumars says about discipline makes perfectly good sense. The problem is that even as a Joe fan I can't help but remember him singing a different tune not long ago, one that involved a smooth transition into a new era. Also, the Prince signing doesn't fit well with the discipline he mentions. I keep thinking Joe has hidden knowledge, only to be disappointed, eg, concerning Rodney White, Sharpe, Daye, Wilcox, Stuckey (as much more than he seemed to me from day 1), and Terrico White. I can't help but think he resigned Prince partly to justify not having gotten a 1st rounder for him last year (OBM and others can deny that was a genuine possibility). Joe's playing a dangerous game in that he's being passive when his job is at risk. I think he'll get one more draft as well as the chance to amnesty Charlie V after the season and go for one trade then. That draft had better be a doozy and it may well be. Not sure he'll survive to see its fruits though.
I hear ya Sparma... I keep thinkin' that Tay was signed to be dealt for someone younger...
In a way this season is going well... Knight & Monroe getting the PT... Stuckey playing some SG... the pick is looking better by the day.... not like we were gonna be a playoff threat.. so this is what it's like being a Warriors fan.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Last edited by merc on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next