Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+15
Phil-Good
Admin
Flip
Fennis Dembo
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Grizz
FlyDog
merc
Sissy1946
deusXango
cool breeze
frankied
Sebastian
19 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Brain Lock

Post  FlyDog Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:50 am

frankie- I also thought it was pivotal when Stunk was waiting for the ball to bounce to him and Tolliver (?) came flying in to take candy from the baby and turn it into 2 easy points. Stunk also missed 2 layups (HEY!!!!) back 2 back about midway through the 4th. He played a good game...........until the 4th Quarter. Again. Prince was great thru 3 Quarters, but also disappeared in the 4th. The 2 big FA signings went away in the 4th........nothing new here.

Also, down 6 with a little over a minute left, we still had a chance. Why we chose to work the ball around the perimeter before hoisting a prayer with 4 seconds on the shot clock escapes me. No sense of urgency. Complacent LAHOOOOOOOO......ZAHERRRRRRRRRRS!

Last edited by FlyDog on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typing too fast cuz I had to go poopy.)
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Re-Run Is At It Again..........

Post  FlyDog Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:55 am

Nice article on Stunk and Prince, "The leaders", stepping up their games. He must have wrote that article during the 3rd Quarter, and didn't bother to nix it. What an embarrassing fool that guy is.

Our Offense IS pathetic, but how about the Defense? Well, we rank 29th in the NBA in Defensive efficiency (Points per possession). Picked up that tidbit from the T-Wolves announcers. George and Greg or the Vince brothers wouldn't dream of giving us that type of information.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Brain Lock

Post  FlyDog Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:48 am

Sorry Don, it was your observation that Stunk stood there with his hands on his hips, not frankie's.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty DRAFT PROSPECTS

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:48 am

Murph wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:frankied Barnes is average 17 pts in 26 minute this season. Almost 20 in the last 5 games I don't see it.

I think this is the classic argument of "need" vs "best player available". The Pistons need is a big physical defensive center (McGee). However, the best player available to us in the draft is likely to be the Barnes, another SF, when we already have Prince locked up for 3 more years, Singler and Daye.

I do think it's telling that frankie's first choice (assuming Drummond and Davis are gone) is Kidd-Gilchrist, while Wise's first choice is Barnes, and DX's first choice is Robinson. That means that there is hardly a concensus on who in the draft (after the first 2) would most help the Pistons.
Consider this Mr. Murph: if it's Frankie D's choice of Kidd-Gilchrist, or Wise's choice of Barnes, and I would love to see Robinson in a Detroit uniform, these players represent an infusion of young talent that bring qualities that the team is lacking ie. mental toughness, leadership, high basketball I.Q.'s, skills that are compatable to Monroe and Knight the real building blocks of this team. These 1A players are availble to us because Drummond either didn't come out or he's been drafted by the Wizards.....McGee is a FA who won't want to continue in the losing environment of D.C. We sign him or better still sign and trade for him. We've got the benefit of our "suck season" and McGee and probably jettisoned some unneeded drift wood. We're just speculating on hypotosis's concerning participation in the upcoming draft; join us why don't 'cha?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty DEUSXANGO FOR THE DEFENSE

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:21 am

It really is quite hard for me to imagine replacing Villanueva, Maxiell, Daye, and Gordon and this team doesn't get better. Wheather it's through trades, draft, or NBADL call ups, we got to get better. None of these players are consistant! None play lock-down defense. All are over-paid!! The sad part is what must we do to get rid of them? The sentimental won't want to let go of certain players, but it may be neccessary to right the ship. For instance, we might have to part with J.J. to make a Gordon trade work, or include him with Villanueva so a GM can keep his job. Stuckey may have to move so that a package will be sweet enough for us to get what we need. What do we need? Hard-nosed, intelligent, talented basketball players that have the drive and desire to play Pistons defense! Simple as that. Drive and desire players, something that we're very short on now, and have been for years.

We got to do it all now; trades, draft, FA signing, and all must be well thought out; no more of Joe trying to pull a rabbit out of his ass. Bow Down
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Draft

Post  Murph Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:24 am

I'm holding out hope we continue to tank the season, and Drummond or Davis is available to us.

On collecting 1A players: The T-Wolves have been collecting 1A players for a while now. They've drafted Johnson (#4), Rubio (#5), Williams (#2), and they've acquired Love (#5) and Beasley (#2). And the T-Wolves still suck.

My point is, that it's not enough to just collect top draft choices. Somewhere along the way, chemistry must be developed. Now, I don't know if McGee would improve the Pistons' chemistry or not, but at least on paper, he seems to be the kind the player that the Pistons need desperately.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Joe ... remember Ty Lawson

Post  Sebastian Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:46 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty JaVele McGee

Post  Sebastian Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:52 am

Murph wrote:I'm holding out hope we continue to tank the season, and Drummond or Davis is available to us.

On collecting 1A players: The T-Wolves have been collecting 1A players for a while now. They've drafted Johnson (#4), Rubio (#5), Williams (#2), and they've acquired Love (#5) and Beasley (#2). And the T-Wolves still suck.

My point is, that it's not enough to just collect top draft choices. Somewhere along the way, chemistry must be developed. Now, I don't know if McGee would improve the Pistons' chemistry or not, but at least on paper, he seems to be the kind the player that the Pistons need desperately.

Murph, I have been on this campaign to acquire McGee, as I think that he would be OUR best option to play along side Monroe. GM is going to need to play with an atheletic big, one who has quick hops, runs the floor well, rebounds, block shots, and who can guard strecth fours and atheletic fours. McGee is that guy.

In your mind how is it that WE acquire McGee without giving up OUR 2012 1st Round Pick. I would like to have OUR 2012 pick used to acquire Kidd-Gilcrist and have him as OUR starting 2 with a healthy and excited Stuckey coming off as OUR 6th man, while BK holds down the starting PG position.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:54 am

Murph wrote:I'm holding out hope we continue to tank the season, and Drummond or Davis is available to us.

I'm greedy and think we can obtain him without giving up our 1st.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:57 am

Too true Murph. Chemistry can't be valued enough when it comes to getting a team to contend, and the T-Wolves are a real head scratcher. On paper they're a far superior team to us, but we damn near kicked their asses handily. Who can figure? Anyway, I'm looking at OKC as a model for rebuilding a team the right way with youth. I would love to see that develop here.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Sebastian wrote:In your mind how is it that WE acquire McGee without giving up OUR 2012 1st Round Pick. I would like to have OUR 2012 pick used to acquire Kidd-Gilcrist and have him as OUR starting 2.

Sebastian...you're preaching to the choir. I don't understand how we'd acquire McGee without giving up our #1 either.

In a perfect world, I'd like McGee as our starting center, and Barnes or Kidd-Gilchrist also. I just don't see how that would happen in the real world. And right now, we need McGee more than Barnes or Kidd-Gilchrist, IMO.

Bottom line: Let's hope we continue to tank the season, and draft Drummond or Davis, who would fill our needs like McGee.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:15 pm

Sebastian wrote:

Murph, I have been on this campaign to acquire McGee, as I think that he would be OUR best option to play along side Monroe. GM is going to need to play with an atheletic big, one who has quick hops, runs the floor well, rebounds, block shots, and who can guard strecth fours and atheletic fours. McGee is that guy.

In your mind how is it that WE acquire McGee without giving up OUR 2012 1st Round Pick. I would like to have OUR 2012 pick used to acquire Kidd-Gilcrist and have him as OUR starting 2 with a healthy and excited Stuckey coming off as OUR 6th man, while BK holds down the starting PG position.
That's what I'm talking 'bout Sebastian! Acquiring McGee and getting a quality first rounder. JaVele McGee is an upcoming FA! We don't need him now. Sign him later and bring him home, meanwhile continue to suck our way to another useful piece to the puzzle. The drum I beat is obtaining at least an additional first rounder, preferrably in the top 10, to reinforce the frontline. McGee and Monroe could be special, but gimme something with a little more bite than what we have now to come off the bench. Thomas Robinson? Arnett Moultrie? Anthony Davis!!!!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:20 pm

i think the only way we get McGee without tossing in the 2012 pick is to dump the bloated contract for expirings... then sign him
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:34 pm

McGee can be had for JJ, Daye and the rights to Singler with a 2nd rounder. Or we could get him in a sign and trade come summer we simply don't have to give up our 1st pick. (Maybe swap picks with Wizards) Let keep in mind that crazier things have happened where players were traded for far less so it's no reason

My hopes is looking at a starting lineup next season of Monore, Knight, Stuckey, Barnes and McGee. The other thing to consider as well is McGee potential cost in salary. If and this is a big if. If we were to send our 1st to the Wizards we better be dumping contracts along with it like CV, Max, BG and Tay's contract.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Getting Pockets Lined For Sure

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:40 pm

Wise: You know that's gonna happen anyway but other than making it a joke maybe at least we'd have a few jobs for people, lots of people pizzed Off whichever way they go, Now Joe on the other hand knows for sure like everybody else we need Bigs & yet he does nothing, that's what's hard to understand, how Fuggin'' hardheaded is this work of art. When I made my pick for the season I thought now if he gets us a couple of bigs & work with what we have we could be respectable but he really doesn't have a clue or how freakin' long does he wait to pull the trigger? Fesenko's been mentioned, Okur was traded & now McGee's name is being floated out there, you tell me we couldn't use one of those to work with Monroe instead of staying put & Dumars Stagnating the team with all the Stink that's around it now? If he' truely rebuilding then why is Maxiell, Wallace, Wilkens playing & why did he sign The queen Princess? As bad as Daye is this year he should be playing on a rebuild year, so should Macklin, so Dumars lies every time his Lips move. How about those Lions? Joe Should be wpn
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:42 pm

Here are the consequences and repercussions of trading our first round pick for Javele McGee:
#1 we over pay again!
#2 we cut our future potential rebuild efforts in half this year!
#3 we hold on to some unneeded and unwanted players that are over-priced for at least another year!
#4 we lose valuable time in the development of our team and waste years off the careers of our core players!
#5 we've not stopped to ask ourselves "is JaVele McGee worth this?"
At this point none of us know what our first round pick will land us, and none for sure know that we can't sign McGee as a FA, but what we do all know is what Joe Dumars track record has been when it comes to multi-tasking for the teams sake. I want the man to live to his reputation and get things done right, and giving away our first rounder right now ain't right. Not clearing the CAP space to sign McGee ain't right. The fans, his coach, and most importantly, his boss deserves better. I refer back to point #5.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:43 pm

merc wrote:i think the only way we get McGee without tossing in the 2012 pick is to dump the bloated contract for expirings... then sign him
Amen Merc, amen!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Getting Pockets Lined For Sure

Post  WTF Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:58 pm

I think the problem is that no one every really asked Joe what the fuck he's building. Maybe he just making a mess and that would make him true to his word I guess. Nothing he'd doing makes any sense short of drafting Monroe and Knight.

Watching JJ get his arse kicked defensively made me ask what I asked the earlier and that's why pay him 4 million a season when you could have had him at 2 million.

Do anyone think Danny would trade us Allen expiring contract for Gordon?

Last edited by WISEFAN on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Something was in my eye)
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  FireDumars Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:35 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this image] my name is tayshaun prince. here is my twin brother
[Only admins are allowed to see this image] we are both 6'10 and wiegh 190lbs. we think our boss [Only admins are allowed to see this image] is going to eat whatever there is left of us, when he finishes his next doughnut pack.
FireDumars
FireDumars

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Joe Must Go

Post  FireDumars Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:39 pm

By Steve St-Pierre

I hate to say it, but it's time.

The Pistons look dreadful this season, losing most of their games by 20 points. Other than promising young players Greg Monroe, Jonas Jerebko and rookie Brandon Knight, the roster contains no assets and needs a complete makeover. In order to do that, Pistons owner Tom Gores needs to fire President of Basketball Operations Joe Dumars and start over with a new front office staff.

It's not an easy decision. Dumars has meant so much to this organization, winning two NBA Championships in 1989 and 1990 as a Hall-of-Fame guard before going on to construct the team that raised another banner in 2004.

Since then, however, Dumars has made a number of questionable moves to the roster, especially when it comes to utilizing cap space in free agency. In the summer of 2008, he fired coach Flip Saunders, hired former player and assistant coach Michael Curry and declared there were "no sacred cows", giving the impression that the team was ready to begin rebuilding and moving away from the Goin' To Work era.

As the rest of the summer went by, the roster remained unchanged. Then, right before the season started, veteran guard Richard Hamilton was given a contract extension. Days later, Dumars traded Chauncey Billups for Allen Iverson and his expiring contract. The deal proved to be disastrous that season, but it created a significant amount of cap space for the summer of 2009.

At that time, the Pistons had plenty of perimeter depth with starters Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince and Rodney Stuckey along with reserves Will Bynum, Arron Afflalo and three small forwards who had just been drafted: Austin Daye, DaJuan Summers and Jerebko. With their cap space, the Pistons had a chance to pursue several big men either in free agency or by absorbing their contracts via trade. Instead, Dumars rushed out and spent $90 million to sign two more perimeter-oriented players, Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva.

Besides drafting Monroe, Jerebko and Knight, Dumars has failed to put together a roster that can either win or build solely around its youth. This past offseason, the Pistons had a chance to create enough cap space to once again be able to pursue a big man to insert alongslide Monroe and Jerebko in the frontcourt. Instead, they opted to not use their amnesty clause and re-signed Prince and Stuckey, creating yet another logjam on the perimeter.

Detroit's downfall as a franchise isn't completely on Dumars. These players are also at fault. Most individual players have not come close to meeting expectations, and those who have had the opportunity to showcase their talent have failed. Likewise, Gores could have overruled the decisions to bring players back and instead elect to create cap space and truly endorse change.

The Pistons cannot continue to market this product. Fans will not support it. The losing will continue, and the only way to change that is going to be by changing the roster. Unfortunately, that means making internal changes to the front office.

Steve St-Pierre covers the Pistons for In Play! Magazine. Check it out online at inplaymagazine.com.
FireDumars
FireDumars

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty The Real Notes and Quotes from the Minnesota game

Post  Fennis Dembo Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:11 pm

The Real Notes and Quotes from the Minnesota game not the stuff we get from the beat writers - by Biff Burns

Opposing view to Joe Dumars’ State of the Team Interview:

Oompa Loompas: Oompa loompa doompadee doo / I've got another puzzle for you / Oompa loompa doompadee dee / If you are wise you'll listen to me / Who do you blame when your team is flat / Pampered and spoiled like a Siamese cat / Blaming the players is a lie and a shame / You know exactly who's to blame / The general manager/ Oompa loompa doompadee dah / If you're not spoiled then you will go far / You will live in happiness, too / Like the Oompa Loompa doompadee doo/

Biff Burns: Why didn’t you dive for that loose ball?
Stuckey: I was afraid of getting floor burns and getting my uniform dirty. I just got it tailored the way I like it.
Biff Burns: There you have it fans, the truth shall set you free or really aggravate the crap out of you.

Lawrence Frank: I’m just trying to be philosophical about all these losses. Just like Richard Simmons’ parents shouldn’t hold their breath waiting for grandchildren, I’m not holding my breath waiting for a victory.

Biff Burns: You only lost by single digits tonight.
Coach Frank: Why don’t you and all the other Bozos in the media that say that go organize us a freakin’ ticker tape parade through beautiful downtown Melvindale.

Biff Burns: Charlie V why are you wearing an Afro wig, cheap sunglasses, and a ZZ Top beard?
Charlie V: So sorry, no questions please. Nobody here by that name. Me incognito, incommunicado.
Biff Burns: And I might add, out to lunch with no place to eat.

Lawrence Frank's pep talk to the team:
If you guys don't start playing better, you're going to find yourselves living in a van down by the river!

Last edited by Fennis Dembo on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty How to: Build a NBA Championship Team

Post  lemonpen Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:28 pm

Answer the following question and you will know the single most important ingredient to constructing a Ship-shape squad.

Name a common characteristic shared amoung 31 of the last 32 championship teams.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty How To: Build a NBA Championship Team

Post  lemonpen Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:29 pm

HINT:
2010-11 Dallas Mavericks Miami Heat 4-2 Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas
2009-10 Los Angeles Lakers Boston Celtics 4-3 Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles
2008-09 Los Angeles Lakers Orlando Magic 4-1 Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles
2007-08 Boston Celtics Los Angeles Lakers 4-2 Paul Pierce, Boston
2006-07 San Antonio Spurs Cleveland Cavaliers 4-0 Tony Parker, San Antonio
2005-06 Miami Heat Dallas Mavericks 4-2 Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
2004-05 San Antonio Spurs Detroit Pistons 4-3 Tim Duncan, San Antonio
2003-04 Detroit Pistons Los Angeles Lakers 4-1 Chauncey Billups, Detroit Pistons
2002-03 San Antonio Spurs New Jersey Nets 4-2 Tim Duncan, San Antonio
2001-02 Los Angeles Lakers New Jersey Nets 4-0 Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles
2000-01 Los Angeles Lakers Philadelphia 76ers 4-1 Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles
1999-00 Los Angeles Lakers Indiana Pacers 4-2 Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles
1998-99 San Antonio Spurs New York Knicks 4-1 Tim Duncan, San Antonio
1997-98 Chicago Bulls Utah Jazz 4-2 Michael Jordan, Chicago
1996-97 Chicago Bulls Utah Jazz 4-2 Michael Jordan, Chicago
1995-96 Chicago Bulls Seattle SuperSonics 4-2 Michael Jordan, Chicago
1994-95 Houston Rockets Orlando Magic 4-0 Hakeem Olajuwon, Houston
1993-94 Houston Rockets New York Knicks 4-3 Hakeem Olajuwon, Houston
1992-93 Chicago Bulls Phoenix Suns 4-2 Michael Jordan, Chicago
1991-92 Chicago Bulls Portland Trail Blazers 4-2 Michael Jordan, Chicago
1990-91 Chicago Bulls Los Angeles Lakers 4-1 Michael Jordan, Chicago
1989-90 Detroit Pistons Portland Trail Blazers 4-1 Isiah Thomas, Detroit
1988-89 Detroit Pistons Los Angeles Lakers 4-0 Joe Dumars, Detroit
1987-88 Los Angeles Lakers Detroit Pistons 4-3 James Worthy, Los Angeles
1986-87 Los Angeles Lakers Boston Celtics 4-2 Magic Johnson, Los Angeles
1985-86 Boston Celtics Houston Rockets 4-2 Larry Bird, Boston
1984-85 Los Angeles Lakers Boston Celtics 4-2 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Los Angeles
1983-84 Boston Celtics Los Angeles Lakers 4-3 Larry Bird, Boston
1982-83 Philadelphia 76ers Los Angeles Lakers 4-0 Moses Malone, Philadelphia
1981-82 Los Angeles Lakers Philadelphia 76ers 4-2 Magic Johnson, Los Angeles
1980-81 Boston Celtics Houston Rockets 4-2 Cedric Maxwell, Boston
1979-80 Los Angeles Lakers Philadelphia 76ers 4-2 Magic Johnson, Los Angeles
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Championship Teams

Post  FlyDog Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:34 pm

They all had GM's who had not yet gone insane?

They had good players up and down the roster who cared about winning?
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:37 pm

lemonpen wrote:HINT:
2010-11 Dallas Mavericks Miami Heat 4-2 Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas
2009-10 Los Angeles Lakers Boston Celtics 4-3 Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles
2008-09 Los Angeles Lakers Orlando Magic 4-1 Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles
2007-08 Boston Celtics Los Angeles Lakers 4-2 Paul Pierce, Boston
2006-07 San Antonio Spurs Cleveland Cavaliers 4-0 Tony Parker, San Antonio
2005-06 Miami Heat Dallas Mavericks 4-2 Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
2004-05 San Antonio Spurs Detroit Pistons 4-3 Tim Duncan, San Antonio
2003-04 Detroit Pistons Los Angeles Lakers 4-1 Chauncey Billups, Detroit Pistons
2002-03 San Antonio Spurs New Jersey Nets 4-2 Tim Duncan, San Antonio
2001-02 Los Angeles Lakers New Jersey Nets 4-0 Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles
2000-01 Los Angeles Lakers Philadelphia 76ers 4-1 Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles
1999-00 Los Angeles Lakers Indiana Pacers 4-2 Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles
1998-99 San Antonio Spurs New York Knicks 4-1 Tim Duncan, San Antonio
1997-98 Chicago Bulls Utah Jazz 4-2 Michael Jordan, Chicago
1996-97 Chicago Bulls Utah Jazz 4-2 Michael Jordan, Chicago
1995-96 Chicago Bulls Seattle SuperSonics 4-2 Michael Jordan, Chicago
1994-95 Houston Rockets Orlando Magic 4-0 Hakeem Olajuwon, Houston
1993-94 Houston Rockets New York Knicks 4-3 Hakeem Olajuwon, Houston
1992-93 Chicago Bulls Phoenix Suns 4-2 Michael Jordan, Chicago
1991-92 Chicago Bulls Portland Trail Blazers 4-2 Michael Jordan, Chicago
1990-91 Chicago Bulls Los Angeles Lakers 4-1 Michael Jordan, Chicago
1989-90 Detroit Pistons Portland Trail Blazers 4-1 Isiah Thomas, Detroit
1988-89 Detroit Pistons Los Angeles Lakers 4-0 Joe Dumars, Detroit
1987-88 Los Angeles Lakers Detroit Pistons 4-3 James Worthy, Los Angeles
1986-87 Los Angeles Lakers Boston Celtics 4-2 Magic Johnson, Los Angeles
1985-86 Boston Celtics Houston Rockets 4-2 Larry Bird, Boston
1984-85 Los Angeles Lakers Boston Celtics 4-2 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Los Angeles
1983-84 Boston Celtics Los Angeles Lakers 4-3 Larry Bird, Boston
1982-83 Philadelphia 76ers Los Angeles Lakers 4-0 Moses Malone, Philadelphia
1981-82 Los Angeles Lakers Philadelphia 76ers 4-2 Magic Johnson, Los Angeles
1980-81 Boston Celtics Houston Rockets 4-2 Cedric Maxwell, Boston
1979-80 Los Angeles Lakers Philadelphia 76ers 4-2 Magic Johnson, Los Angeles
also note that those players -at least the legit franchise players- NEVER get traded. the pistons fall from grace is directly tied to trading it's franchise player, the one guy who was indispensible.
the fact that chauncey is still hitting those big shots, and detroit has no one capable of taking and making those big shots is simply another sign of how idiotic the chauncey trade was, no matter how some try to rationalize how it coulda, mighta worked out.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next