Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+15
Phil-Good
Admin
Flip
Fennis Dembo
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Grizz
FlyDog
merc
Sissy1946
deusXango
cool breeze
frankied
Sebastian
19 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:57 am

Flip wrote:Another dreadful performance by our big FA signing.

2 pts, 1 reb, 2 asts on 1-5 FG in 22 min, and was -29 for the game.

Its strange how if he had been a big FA signing from another team for $8 mil/yr, and was putting up these horrendous perfomances game after game, he would be getting berated by the media. Yet because we re-signed him, its somehow acceptable and not even mentioned by any beatwriters how awful he has been.

Our beatwriters aren't even real journalists, they're just spin artists working for Joe.

The worse part was they asked Tay if his leg was still bothering him and he said "nope it feels great ... hasn't hurt since the first Chicago game"... doah!
Ya mean you're on you're first year and you already suck?.... Rip Jr.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Tayshaun

Post  Flip Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:04 am

He's now avg 8 pts, 3 rebs, 2 asts on 35% FG in 31 mpg for the season for $8 mil/yr.

I can't get over how terrible of a signing this was. After all the heat on Joe for the bad signings of Gordon, Charlie Vagina, Rip ext, and Maxiell, how he could have outdone those with an even worse signing is unthinkable.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:25 am

Flip, ya better be careful over there... I think the mod is gay with no sense of humor about it. queen
We'll letya post the Stuck & Rip pic here Smile
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:34 am

merc wrote:Flip, ya better be careful over there... I think the mod is gay with no sense of humor about it. queen
We'll letya post the Stuck & Rip pic here Smile

lol, I know, those ppl got all up in arms over a harmless joke. Half of them were so serious they didn't even know I was joking, and thought I was saying Rip/Stuckey were faking groin injuries together, lol.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Rip & Stuckey's Groin Injuries =

Post  Flip Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:41 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty IF ONLY...

Post  deusXango Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:06 am

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:There's either one or two things going on here.

1. There is a trade in the works, probably involving Charlie V, or
2. Gores & Joe are masochists and like the pain

I would hope it's number 1 heaven help us if it's number 2 and Sissy or Flip come with a photo of the 2 in leather bondage.

I've been think that something could be in the works for CV but not sure what big they could get back in return. I did mention a trade with the Wizard as being possible CV for Blatche which I would gladly take. Not sure how much that would help us though.
The trade would be welcome, even with Blatche's extreme self-centeredness, but the salaries?! We might have to throw in Maxiell to make it work. Wink
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Tayshaun

Post  deusXango Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:17 am

Flip wrote:He's now avg 8 pts, 3 rebs, 2 asts on 35% FG in 31 mpg for the season for $8 mil/yr.

I can't get over how terrible of a signing this was. After all the heat on Joe for the bad signings of Gordon, Charlie Vagina, Rip ext, and Maxiell, how he could have outdone those with an even worse signing is unthinkable.
Wait until Joe tries to trade him......wait until he tries to trade Stuckey.....wonder what he'll be able to get for J.J. in a month? We're stuck with Gordon :!: That's a lot of cheddar tied up that we can't do anything with.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty WHAT ABOUT BOB?

Post  deusXango Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:32 am

Why the hell ain't Vernon Macklin getting any real PT? His lack of playing time during this "rebuild" is beginning to turn me against Frank. Wilkins was a journeyman pick-up and he's getting PT. Ben is old and tired, but he's getting PT. Tayshaun is in effect leaving us a man short and he's playing all night!! These are all vets that have proven their worth, or lack of, and won't be apart of this team in the next 2-3 years.....why ain't Macklin playing?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty JOE'S GRADE FROM THE OUTSIDE

Post  deusXango Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:19 am

"Dumars has had a tough go of it so far.

The players that he re-signed are having the worst years in their careers.

Meanwhile, his team still has glaring needs up front, and he still isn't sure he has a point guard on the roster.

He has whiffed on trades so far to get a big man or two, and plenty of free agents who he didn't even try to sign are having good years elsewhere.

Dumars really needs to turn this thing around in a hurry."

Grade: F

From the Bleacher Report dt.01/09/2012
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:37 am

deusXango wrote:
Flip wrote:He's now avg 8 pts, 3 rebs, 2 asts on 35% FG in 31 mpg for the season for $8 mil/yr.

Wait until Joe tries to trade him......wait until he tries to trade Stuckey.....wonder what he'll be able to get for J.J. in a month? We're stuck with Gordon :!: That's a lot of cheddar tied up that we can't do anything with.

Good points and questions, DX and Flip ... I think Joe signed Stuck and Tayshun cuz he didnt know anyone else who would play for our brutally-out-of-it team ... You have to believe that either of these guys gets 4 to 5 million tops from any team in the league .. and 90 percent wouldnt want them at ANY price ... Time to scream outside!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty There is no doubt anymore ..

Post  Grizz Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:41 am

WISEFAN wrote:Dallas 3rd stringers were whipping our asses just like the Bull's 3rd stringers were last night. Again what pisses me off listening to the media clowns. Now they want to blame the players and again bypass the clown Dumars that's to blame for the losing.

The players are who they and many nights they will be inferior to most teams if not all 29 teams heck even some college teams and that's not their fault. Mateen say's he doesn't now what's wrong with team that perhaps a players only meeting is needed and I immediately thought how amazingly stupidly spoken. This isn't a team of solid vets needing to shake off a few bad games, this is a poorly put together team with holes in the rosters and that's on Joe Dumars.

Might I suggest that all the media connected to this team has a media only meeting and decided to stop sucking Joe's schitty drawers and confront him and Gores about the piss poor job has done the past 6 season and demand Joe's firing. lol! lol!

Gore has to fire Dumars ... the shit has hit the fan .. and it really really stinks!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Hands Tied

Post  FlyDog Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:37 am

It's obvious that Gores has tied Dumars hands. Just like when Karen D tied his hands and he had to draw up Gordon and Vaginueva's contracts with his feet. He missed some decimal points.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Hard-Nosed Defense

Post  FlyDog Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:42 am

The Defense let us down once again, allowing 55% shooting by the Mavs. On the bright side, Nowitski did miss a shot.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Hands Tied???

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:06 am

FlyDog wrote:It's obvious that Gores has tied Dumars hands. Just like when Karen D tied his hands and he had to draw up Gordon and Vaginueva's contracts with his feet. He missed some decimal points.

Yeah everybody ties Dumars hands... it's called Bondage, and it's making a comeback!

My question is who cut off his Johnson? Joe's the most nutless GM out there right now!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty JOE'S GRADE FROM THE OUTSIDE

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:09 am

deusXango wrote:"Dumars has had a tough go of it so far.

The players that he re-signed are having the worst years in their careers.

Meanwhile, his team still has glaring needs up front, and he still isn't sure he has a point guard on the roster.

He has whiffed on trades so far to get a big man or two, and plenty of free agents who he didn't even try to sign are having good years elsewhere.

Dumars really needs to turn this thing around in a hurry."

Grade: F

From the Bleacher Report dt.01/09/2012

Ok, at least his grade outside is a little better than it is here.

The biggest news is that someone is finally smelling what Joe is shoveling!

Come on Joe, I know you're better than this! At least speak to us and show us you're trying!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Tay, Daye = Mayday

Post  Murph Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:40 am

Well, I guess now we know why Tay was so eager to come back. Something seems very wrong with Tay physically. Either his knee is a lot worse than anyone is letting on, or else his back has become a cronic problem. Tay probably didn't think he could pass the physical necessary to sign with another team. Or else he didn't want to go to another team and incurr the wrath of the fans for coming in as an old broken down war horse, and stealing money. Tay probably thought this would be the easiest way to just collect one more big contact, and put up 9 pts and 3 rbds here in Detroit.

Another huge problem is that our other 2 SFs are no-shows. Singler literally refused to show up, and Daye is a no show psychologically.

Incidently, getting back to Daye, this guy is a psycho head case. It happens in baseball once in a while. A guy will freak out, and forget how to throw (Chuck Knobloch, Rick Ankiel, Macky Sasser). It seems that when the pressure is on to perform, Austin Daye has forgotten how to shoot. 10 games into the season, and Daye is still shooting only 21%. And we know that at one point in is career, Daye was known as a good shooter. Very strange.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Stick'em Up Chump

Post  WTF Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:23 am

Hey Murph those might as well be money sacks instead of jerseys Charlie and Ben are holding in that pic. This team reminds me of that Vonage commercial were the couple (Gores and Joe) is willingly being robbed. Now you have Tay, Stuckey and JJ picking their pockets as well.

JJ came out smoking the first 2 games the next 7 he's been missing in action, his minutes have decreased and he virtually been getting his arse whipped on the defensive end.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty HEY GRIZZ

Post  deusXango Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:28 am

"Good points and questions, DX and Flip ... I think Joe signed Stuck and Tayshun cuz he didnt know anyone else who would play for our brutally-out-of-it team ... You have to believe that either of these guys gets 4 to 5 million tops from any team in the league .. and 90 percent wouldnt want them at ANY price ..."

-Grizz

I'm not disputing anything you've written Grizz, but the operative words for me are "he didn't know." Joe don't know! Dumars was a hell of a basketball player and a well meaning and wonderful human being, but he doesn't have what it takes to be an elite NBA GM. We've given him passes based on his likeability not performance, never once looking at the sad fact that he's in over his head. Because of his inability to lead and manage he's drawing our wrath....so be it!

Everyone has a dark side that they ultimately must be held accountable for, particularly if it negatively impact others, and Joe is getting his due for past and present violations. Damn near ever poster on this forum would make a far better GM than Joe! Just read the posts. From coaching hires to player acquisitions, this forums archives alone hold more common sense than Joe has demonstrated his entire management career. Luck doesn't count as astute decision making! There were players that would have gladly played for us, for the money that Joe spent on Stuckey and Prince....we could have had at least 4 superior players on our roster for the money these clowns are getting paid. J.J. was paid starters money, so he's got to start; a bench energy guy forced to start, and start playing out of position at that. Hey Grizz, Joe just don't know, and it's time for new blood. And Bro', for all those lemmings that ask, "who're you gonna replace him with?" Bill Laimbeer for GM. He may not have been qualified to coach the Pistons, but he would be coming into management with the same qualifications Joe did.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty DRAFT PROSPECTS

Post  deusXango Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:14 am

I have a history of outrageous speculations, I know, but watching these young men play elsewhere I wonder what our roster would look like if we could have gotten half of them: Greivis Vasquez 6'5" PG, Al-Farouq Aminu 6'10" SF, Nikola Vucevic 6'11" C, Iman Shumpert 6'6" PG/SG, and Chandler Parsons 6'9" SF. This has nothing to do with the disgust of knowing we should have had: Chase Budinger SF, Ty Lawson PG, and DeJuan Blair PF!

I'm dreaming of positioning ourselves to take a run this year at: Andre Drummond 6'10" PF/C, or Anthony Davis 6'10" PF, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist 6'7" SF, Arnett Moultrie 6'10" PF, Jeremy Lamb 6'6" SG, or Kevin Jones 6'8" PF. The infusion of any 2, hopefully 3, of these players out of the draft, and dumping some of our present driftwood represent a real rebuild effort and youth movement. The level of team talent would increase 1000%. Our "sacred cows" naturally are Greg Monroe, Brandon Knight, and Jonas Jerebko.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Prince: Pistons Not Making Progress

Post  Sebastian Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:37 am

Joe, at least listen to your veteran SF that you ignorantly resigned to $30 million!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Joe needs to face the mic and tell US what the hell he plans to do about this mess that he has created.

Either that or Gores should fire his ass, today!!!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty DRAFT PROSPECTS

Post  WTF Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:47 am

deusXango wrote:I have a history of outrageous speculations, I know, but watching these young men play elsewhere I wonder what our roster would look like if we could have gotten half of them: Greivis Vasquez 6'5" PG, Al-Farouq Aminu 6'10" SF, Nikola Vucevic 6'11" C, Iman Shumpert 6'6" PG/SG, and Chandler Parsons 6'9" SF. This has nothing to do with the disgust of knowing we should have had: Chase Budinger SF, Ty Lawson PG, and DeJuan Blair PF!

I'm dreaming of positioning ourselves to take a run this year at: Andre Drummond 6'10" PF/C, or Anthony Davis 6'10" PF, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist 6'7" SF, Arnett Moultrie 6'10" PF, Jeremy Lamb 6'6" SG, or Kevin Jones 6'8" PF. The infusion of any 2, hopefully 3, of these players out of the draft, and dumping some of our present driftwood represent a real rebuild effort and youth movement. The level of team talent would increase 1000%. Our "sacred cows" naturally are Greg Monroe, Brandon Knight, and Jonas Jerebko.

DX I was so high on us drafting Vasquez and thought Joe blew it. Like Nolan Smith I think that both him and Greivis will be spoken about in the same manner as Chauncey has throughout his career. I wouldn't be shocked to see either of them leading contending teams in 3 or 4 years.

Vasquez and Smith are natural leaders, they've with their play and voices on the court especially Greivis.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty @ Flip

Post  WTF Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:48 am

What happen with the article feed?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty WISEFAN, WISE MAN!

Post  deusXango Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:02 pm

You were a Vasquez, fan Wise??!!! Outstanding! I remember getting "dogged" for bringing up his name on the old DetNews forum (Stuckey's fans were worshipping him hard then), but I was so high on Greivis and Al-Farouq....still am. We need a PG and leader right now, and we really need a SF that does work (Al-Farouq is a hell of a rebounder and shot blocker for a SF). Now I'm tripping.
PG-Vasquez
SG-Knight
SF-Aminu
PF-Jerebko
C-Da' Moose
I know that lineup would produce, on both ends, more than what we're running now, and be closer to what Frank is saying he wants from his troops. Oh Joe Crying or Very sad
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty The Real Notes and Quotes from the Dallas game

Post  Fennis Dembo Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:31 pm

The Real Notes and Quotes from the Dallas game not the stuff we get from the beat writers - by Biff Burns

“Anyone got a noose?” - Lawrence Frank

"What me worry?" - Joe Dumars

“Matt Millen was an inspiration to all of us here at the Palace.” - Joe Snortly, the first person fired by Tom Gores.

Biff Burns: “Charlie, why are you always on the bench?”
Charlie V: “Because wherever you go, there you are, man.”

Biff Burns: “Coach, why didn’t Charlie V play tonight?”
Lawrence Frank: “Because he is a certified candy pants.”

It was the 2,219th defeat for the Pistons since they moved to Detroit, but whose counting. After the last three years it seems like it should be a whole lot more.

Biff Burns: “Without all the turnovers, the last two games would have been much closer.”
Lawrence Frank: “And if frogs had wings they wouldn’t bump their asses every time they hopped.”

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Article Feed/"Pistons News"

Post  Flip Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:41 pm

WISEFAN wrote:What happen with the article feed?

hey Wise, I moved it to its own section at the top, "Pistons News". I added a bunch of other feeds too, with more articles for each, and there wasnt enough room for them all on the forum page. Also changed it to the "still" format, with story captions for each article.

There's feeds now for pistons.com, detnews, mlive, pistonpowered, detroitbadboys.com, and yardbarker.com. Still looking for the freep feed to add.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next