Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+15
Phil-Good
Admin
Flip
Fennis Dembo
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Grizz
FlyDog
merc
Sissy1946
deusXango
cool breeze
frankied
Sebastian
19 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Wrong Again Cheerleder

Post  WTF Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:51 am

Rett wrote:All took a loss tonight...
Lions will be back next season stronger and better...they had a remarkable year.
They finally have a quarterback........and the rest will fall in place...
thank you very much.

Wings...hey!...they always are in the mix!!

Pistons..................Will be back too......

The Lions, Tigers and Wings actually have star players....Oops and they all made the playoffs. Amazing how you can even put the Pistons in the same breath as these playoff team. Mayhem will have the LIons in a Superbowl before Joe get the Pistons above .500
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty They Played Last Night?

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:00 am

I bet there were hundreds of fans at the Palace for this marquee matchup.

Dumars is a JT!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Joe must go!!!

Post  Sebastian Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:34 am

OUR squad is so inferior to the other 29 teams. I don't know what to type anymore.

Damn you Joe!!!!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Charlie V.?!?!?!

Post  Sebastian Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:38 am

How in the Hell did Charlie V. sprain his ankle? The guy has only ben on the floor 4:38 for the entire season, thus far.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty KARMA ANYONE?

Post  deusXango Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:44 am

Todays Detroit Pistons are a direct result of the blind acceptance of Joe Dumars reckless management of the team over the last few years, going back to letting Ben Wallace go when he had something left in the tank; hell the team then had something left in the tank and all it needed was top shelf coaching! We supported Ben's departure; "he wasn't worth it" some said. $50 million worth of multi-colored Afro wigs and #3 jerseys were sold during the packed house "Going to Work" days! Exit Larry enter Flip. Compared to Curry and Kuester, Flip Saunders was the Phil Jackson of Detroit, but in the grand scheme of things he wasn't all that. From the day Flip was hired until the day Kuester was fired six years of a playoff contention team was systematically destroyed. In great numbers we cheered and defended Joe's madness. The most glaring fault Joe exhibited was his obsession with the newly drafted Rodney Stuckey, and his vision of what he was to be. Fans reasoned that Joe was partial to small school players because he himself came from a small school. Joe shoot for a high percentage from the field and was the second leading scorer in the country when Jack McCloskey drafted him; the same could not be said of Stuckey. Joe earned his place in the starting lineup beside the leader of the team by his play on the defensive end he didn't replace the leader and begin an apprenticeship as PG without proving something! Rip locked up in a contract suggested he and Billips would be here for the long run as Billips had just signed an extention the year before; not so. Billips was traded for a selfish, undersized SG, to go with a big, strong, fast SG (masquerading as a PG), to play with our newly resigned SG! Fans knew it wouldn't work so rumblings started about we had become boring winning all the damn conference championships but not the gold ball. No one noticed that McDyess was part of that Iverson trade and there was not a whimper when Afflalo followed Billips to Denver. Iverson was supposed to get us the all-star calls in the play-offs then it was about the expiring contract after it appeared we wouldn't see the play-offs. The misspent money, awkward excuses for the coaching hires, matched only by the incoherent mumblings of why the fan favorite proven coach, Bill Laimbeer was not hired; the idiotic drafting decisions, and managerial stubborness, all were accepted by a great number of fans.

Those of us that rankled at the on-going madness and refused to get in lock-step behind the "king with no clothes" were ostracized and called "haters" and worse yet, accused of not being true fans. Yes there are true Pistons fans that have character and don't mind standing for their convictions; if we see something going wrong with our team we speak on it not bury our heads in the sand. When rain is coming down and there's not a cloud in the sky we question "WTF?!" Some of us also realize that this so called rebuild is nothing more than "marching in place" buying time if you will, waiting for the inevitable to happen. It's gonna take more than fresh blood to change things around here, it's gonna take a knowledgable man of basketball with an eye for talent that commands respect to right this ship; I vote Bill Laimbeer for our next GM!

Oh, by the way, congratulations Detroit Lions!

Last edited by deusXango on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Aaaaaaaa....aaaaaaaaa.........aaaaaaaaaa............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......men

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:51 am

Xango- True.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Amen

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:52 am

Is how that should have read.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Charlie V.?!?!?!

Post  deusXango Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:59 am

Sebastian wrote:How in the Hell did Charlie V. sprain his ankle? The guy has only ben on the floor 4:38 for the entire season, thus far.
Morning Sebastian, Steve Harvey asked Tom Joiner "how the hell do you need a hip replacement when you sit on your ass all day?" Some things just can't be explained.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty MORNING FLYDOG

Post  deusXango Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:02 pm

Smile
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Vaginueva

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:08 pm

Certainly didn't twist his ankle making a sharp cut to keep his man in front of him.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty KARMA ANYONE?

Post  WTF Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:29 pm

I second that Amen......

This is exactly why Joe needs to be fired today. It's to bad we were kicked off the Detnews forum because some how I believed that our voices didn't always go un-notice. Joe may not have read our messages but the media most certainly did and I'm sure some of what we spoke about landing in someone in the organization ears.

The Detnews did not more than setup a free rider for Joe, because the only ones posting there under the new format are the happy going take it up the arse cheerleading fans.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Tweet Tweet Biches!!!!!!!!

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:11 pm

Hi guy, its me ameerz! I scorded 12 points and grabded 14 rebowns last night! My team looseded by 35 points but I was still good. Coche hill callded to congradjuate me he saided I playing better then ever. Gess what he said to? Gess..........okay, yule never gess not inna millyon years! he said ime imvited to a party on balentimes day! His frend namded Cherry Slamdunkski is having a big balentimes party and all the grown people get to take a gest! We be drinkin jeezis juice n playin hide the balomey! Ime a reel playa now yo broke ass hose!

Piece out!

Meerz...............

Last edited by FlyDog on Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling (lol))
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty wisefan

Post  cool breeze Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:34 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I second that Amen......

This is exactly why Joe needs to be fired today. It's to bad we were kicked off the Detnews forum because some how I believed that our voices didn't always go un-notice. Joe may not have read our messages but the media most certainly did and I'm sure some of what we spoke about landing in someone in the organization ears.

The Detnews did not more than setup a free rider for Joe, because the only ones posting there under the new format are the happy going take it up the arse cheerleading fans.

I don't know how many Piston fans with NBA League Pass watched the Philly game through the Philly network but I did and once again, when you listen to objective basketball experts, they all agree with most of us on this forum. During that game, because the game was so dull due to the inept play of Joe Dumars chosen big money players, the discussion turned to things other than the ongoing game. It centered on what caused the Demise of the Detroit Pistons. The announcers broke it down saying that Piston management decided to risk the entire franchise on Rodney Stuckey. From there own mouths came the same stuff that we have been writing about for two seasons or more. Management decided, or Joe Dumars decided, that it was necessary to trade Billups to let Rodney take over the leadership of the team. "It never worked out" is one quote from one of the announcers. All of the coaching changes was just smoke and mirrors to take the blame away from Joe Dumars. It wasn't enough to remove Billups to get Stuckey set up to take charge, Dumars had to also get rid of Affalo. Then attention turned to the two free agent signings by Joe Dumars which filled no need of the Piston team at the time. When you listen to opposing teams perspective of the Detroit Pistons current history, it is exactly the same as what we have been so upset about. Joe Dumars is not a competent GM. He should have been fired after for ever even suggesting a trade involving Billups for Iverson. The signing of Maxiell, Gordon, Stuckey, Bynum, Charlie V have pretty much screwed the organization for at least three years. The one bright spot for me last night was the attitute of Brandon Knight. He had a more severe ankle sprain than Daye or Charlie V but played regardless of the pain he was in. The Knick announcers kept saying that Knight needs to penetrate more to the basket. Knight had little lateral movement ability which you could see clearly when he was trying to defend at times. The Pistons looked tired as a team. The Knicks have played three games in four nights. Ben Wallace looked to be the best Piston big man when he entered the game when thinking about playing defense. Jerebco and Monroe looked exhausted. They are both young and have not reached their max. strength yet and cannot handle back to back games yet. The Pistons have three players to build on, Monroe, JJ, and Knight. Gordon had the previous night off. He is the highest payed player on the team. One would expect that Gordon would stand out and at least play at the level of one of the Knicks guards. But night after night, Gordon does not stand out in all aspects of the game. When that shot is not falling, Gordon is a huge liability like he was last night. How many turnovers were charged to Gordon? Too many to count. Dumars big money guys Gordon, Charlie V and Stuckey are not inspiring players and they do not make other players better. Daye and Charlie V look much alike when they play basketball. Both are a day late and a dollar short. Someone else has to create good chemistry for the team to be successful. So how can we expect that any other team would want any of Dumars chosen over paid players so they can be removed from the team if Dumars is fired? I say, nobody could have done a worse job than Joe Dumars over the last 5 seasons.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty 9 Turnovers for BG

Post  Flip Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Cool Breeze, I read somewhere it was 9 TO's that Gordon was credited with last night. Great post btw, I agree with everything.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Flip Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:40 pm

FlyDog wrote:Hi guy, its me ameerz! I scorded 12 points and grabded 14 rebowns last night! My team looseded by 35 points but I was still good. Coche hill callded to congradjuate me he saided I playing better then ever. Gess what he said to? Gess..........okay, yule never gess not inna millyon years! he said ime imvited to a party on balentimes day! His frend namded Cherry Slamdunkski is having a big balentimes party and all the grown people get to take a gest! We be drinkin jeezis juice n playin hide the balomey! Ime a reel playa now yo broke ass hose!

Piece out!

Meerz...............

LOL @ "edited for spelling"

Austin Daye better watch out for that Cherry Slamdunski fella, I hear he's fond of little boys.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:48 pm

The only players we have that other teams might be interested in won't be available til March (certainly not dealing GM or Knight)....
Hope they don't make a move that slightly improves the team (while making the lotto pick worse).
If we address the 4/5 spot what's the next move (besides firing Joe)?
Would like to see an active SF added... not sure why they don't just try Thornton.
Daye is a skilled head case... the slightest failure puts him in a game long funk... backup SG/SF at best
Hopefully we can deal Tay & BG for a coney and chili fries (or am I overvaluing them?).
I see the glass as 1/3 full... 1/3 empty and 1/3 wtf to do.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Al Thornton?

Post  Sebastian Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:03 pm

merc wrote:The only players we have that other teams might be interested in won't be available til March (certainly not dealing GM or Knight)....
Hope they don't make a move that slightly improves the team (while making the lotto pick worse).
If we address the 4/5 spot what's the next move (besides firing Joe)?
Would like to see an active SF added... not sure why they don't just try Thornton.
Daye is a skilled head case... the slightest failure puts him in a game long funk... backup SG/SF at best
Hopefully we can deal Tay & BG for a coney and chili fries (or am I overvaluing them?).
I see the glass as 1/3 full... 1/3 empty and 1/3 wtf to do.

Merc is right, why hasn't Joe taken a look at Al Thornton. This guy is a SF, who could give US just as much if not more than Tay at the 3; certainly more than Daye could ever give.

It continues to baffle me, why Joe is still the GM when fans can see glaring difficiencies. US fans, continue to come up with courses of action that are so clearly rational.

Damn you Joe!!!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:05 pm

merc wrote:Hopefully we can deal Tay & BG for a coney and chili fries (or am I overvaluing them?).

Maybe if we fed Tay a few coney dogs he might be able to compete against NBA competition on a nightly basis, lol.

No joke, I was listening to the BOS feed of the game last week, and Tommy Heinsohn called Tayshaun "emaciated". LOL
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:13 pm

merc,
if the team gets a true 5 and moves monroe to the 4 - his natural position - they can slide jj over to the 3 and that solves the problem at SF.
it is the obvious solution.
btw, i was against drafting daye, if anyone recalls. i screamed loud and long about it being a horrible pick, as i wanted the team to pick james johnson who went to chicago, and is now playing well in toronto.
one of the main reasons i did not want the team to draft daye was that he so often acted like a big baby on court: complaining, whining, disappearing at times. (portland has lots of gonzaga alum and gonzaga is on the tube all the time. i saw lots of his games when he was there.) it was obvious that he was pretty immature, even for a college player.
which means, everyone knew what they were getting when they drafted him so they needed to be prepared to do what they have to do to get the best performances out of him.
lots of nba players, some of them great, were big babies in the same way.
dennis rodman was a great example.
he would blow an easy layup and then he wouldn't shoot the ball the rest of the game. he'd pass up wide open shots. he'd grab a rebound, then toss a ball he'd retrieved off the offensive boards out to the 3 point line because he didn't want to take another shot, no matter how open or easy.
he was one of the most fragile players i've ever seen. and in the hands of a less than sensitive coach, his career could have ended before it began.
but chuck daly dealt with his very fragile ego, did what he needed to do to keep rodman focused on what he needed to do and it all worked out.
that is what i don't see frank doing, especially with daye.
frank seems like a guy who is great at the x's and o's of basketball, but i seriously question his ability to get through to guys and play the psychologist role that the best coaches play.
anytime a team loses the number of consecutive games his NJ team lost, there is a lot more going on than poor talent. that usually means a team has quit on a coach and just has tuned him out. he is simply not getting through to his players.
the way this team plays, i could easily see it going on a long losing streak. maybe not 17 games, but double digits, for sure.
and, again, when that happens, it means that the coach just isn't able to communicate effectively with his players and he doesn't know what buttons to push to get them to perform.
i hope i am wrong, but i see lot of troubling signs that frank indeed has that problem.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:26 pm

btw, anyone notice that NY found a way to give some decent playing time to their big rookie second round draft choice, harrelson? he's averaging over 18 minutes a game for a team that has lots of guys on the front line, and is contending for a title.
now, not to say anything bad about him, but he is an interesting prospect. he is obviously not the most athletic big guy, but he has some skills and does some things well.
and d'antoni has figured out a way to use those pluses and give the kid some PT so that he can develop and be able to contribute by the time the playoffs come and that extra size and beef will be very welcome.
none of that nonsense about "earning" minutes. (think a guy like harrelson is able to "earn" minutes at the expense of stoudemire and chandler?" of course, that is ridiculous.)
and in the meantime, detroit has an obvious need on the front line and a guy with some intriguing potential - macklin - and even with the team's sorry front line depth, that kid hardly sees the floor.
hard to imagine how anyone can justify not letting anyone else have a shot on that front line considering how poorly it has generally played, as a unit.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Eminem And Dre At It Again

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:54 pm

They heard that this new Forum didn't constrain their "Artistic integrity", and wrote this little ditty for us.........

Em- Now Stuck be nimble, Stuck be quick

Stuck broke the backboard when he heaved a brick

His basketball IQ is above retarded by a tick

Joes a prick, makes me sick

Zesty barbecue chicken's got quite the kick

Finger lick, booger flick

Our fat GM is the black St. Nick

The smell of KFC makes him jack his dick

Charlie Vaginueuva plays like a chick

Can't stoke the fire when the candle's got no wick........

Dre- Yeeeeaaaaaaaahhhh, damn that's cold

Ben Wallace is old and last night it showed

Wish his tent would just fold and he would hit the road

I'm speakin in code because the indo I blowed

Has me in free flow mode if I may be so bold

How about the play of your boy Ben Gordon

Stealin paychecks, quick, call the warden

His lazy passes and defense we can't be affordin

Makes as much money as Micheal Jordon

Em- Now stop.......you think Gordon's bad

Maxiell played a game of horse and lost........ to my dad

He's a pretty out of shape lazy lad

He thinks 4 chins is the latest fad

To put him on the floor is stark raving mad

The state of my Pistons is crazy sad

FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:24 pm

LOL... flydaddy's been token the Coral reef :geek:
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:43 pm

FlyDog wrote:Now Stuck be nimble, Stuck be quick

Stuck broke the backboard when he heaved a brick

FlyDog wrote:How about the play of your boy Ben Gordon

Stealin paychecks, quick, call the warden

His lazy passes and defense we can't be affordin

Makes as much money as Micheal Jordon

LOL!!!
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 10 Empty Stuckey vs Knight

Post  Flip Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:23 pm

Its ironic that Knight and Stuckey are both on our team this year, because watching Knight last year at Kentucky reminded me so much of Stuckey - except Knight had a better jumpshot. But he made a lot of the poor decisions Stuckey routinely makes.

So now that they are on the same team, we can see exactly how they compare, and their season stats are almost indentical thus far.

(per game)

Knight
11 pts
3 rebs
3 asts
40% FG
27 min

Stuckey
11 pts
3 rebs
5 asts
32% FG
31 min

The disturbing part is not that Knight is so similar to Stuckey, whats disturbing is that Stuckey, a 5th year PG, is so similar to a 20 yr old rookie. Stuckey's stats would be acceptable for a rookie, as they are for Knight, but for a 5th year guy making $8 mil/yr those are terrible stats.

The good thing is that Knight IS only a 20 yr old rookie, and all these mistakes are expected, and will go away as he gains experience over time.

The most glaring thing from this comparison is that it couldn't be more obvious seeing these stats, that we did not need Stuckey at all, when we are getting the same exact production from Knight. Who may actually be outplaying Stuckey, considering he's doing it in 4 less mpg and shooting 8% better FG.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:49 pm

The most glaring thing from this comparison is that it couldn't be more obvious seeing these stats, that we did not need Stuckey at all, when we are getting the same exact production from Knight. Who may actually be outplaying Stuckey, considering he's doing it in 4 less mpg and shooting 8% better FG.[/quote]

Thanks for the stats that prove your case that the Pistons never needed to sign Stuckey. But as the New York announcers stated last night, Piston management bet the farm and lost it betting on Stuckey when they traded Billups and sent Affalo packing. I recall one criminal case I followed involving a really crazy individual. The guy said that he had a right to his own reality. I guess that is what Dumars is saying by not correcting and cleaning up his mistakes. By giving Stuckey that new contract despite the way he has played, it is clear that Dumars has no business holding down any meaningful position in pro basketball. We need a new Cleaner to remove the Stuckey, Gordon, Maxiell, and Gordon mess that will continue to cripple the Detroit Pistons. Great job Flip!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next