Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+15
Phil-Good
Admin
Flip
Fennis Dembo
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Grizz
FlyDog
merc
Sissy1946
deusXango
cool breeze
frankied
Sebastian
19 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty speights....

Post  frankied Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:00 pm

caught a little bit of the memphis/laker game last night.
speights was the second leading scorer for memphis, off the bench, in 28 minutes, with 17 points.
he looked good. though he was definitely out of shape. he was huffing and puffing and barely able to compete at the end of the game. he looked almost like a taller version of maxiell, which definitely hurt his stamina, though he was still offensively effective.
looks like memphis may have made a nice pick-up.
too bad joe couldn't or wouldn't make the deal.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty speights...

Post  frankied Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:10 pm

frankied wrote:caught a little bit of the memphis/laker game last night.
speights was the second leading scorer for memphis, off the bench, in 28 minutes, with 17 points.
he looked good. though he was definitely out of shape. he was huffing and puffing and barely able to compete at the end of the game. he looked almost like a taller version of maxiell, which definitely hurt his stamina, though he was still offensively effective.
looks like memphis may have made a nice pick-up.
too bad joe couldn't or wouldn't make the deal.
funny, i just took a look at speights salary and it it only 2.7 million.
then i took a look at the pistons' salaries and it is incredibly f--ked up.
an incredible fiasco.
rip taking up 5.5 mil.
ben taking up 2.2 mil.
terrico white taking up $770,000.
wilkins on the list for 1.1 million.
that is almost 9.5 million of salary space taken up by players who are either not here or easily expendable.
(ben is great, the team's best big man, but if i had a choice between him and a young big man prospect...wilkins is absolutely unnecessary at a position where there is a glut of players.)
and that doesn't even start dealing with stuckey and tay's salary.
sometimes it is little stuff like that which makes you realize how bad a job joe has done.
he's f--ked the salary structure so badly that he cannot absorb a 2.7 mil. salary, when he's got a huge percentage of his payroll going out to guys who really don't help the team's future.
wow...the speights affair was worse than i thought.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty speights....

Post  deusXango Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:27 pm

Yeah Frankie D, Speights contract is only $2.7 million but did you know that Josh McRoberts signed for $2.5 mil? Combined those guys are pulling down what Maxiell is! The Jedi mind trick is always in effect when Joe's explaining why he over-spent for inferior talent.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty OLD MAN vs TIRED MAN

Post  deusXango Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:37 pm

Tayshaun is the tired man; his game, demeanor, and effort, says so yet he starts.
Ben Wallace is the old man; he works hard, gives it his best shot every chance he gets, and is a known warrior, yet he sits.

Message to Lawrence Frank: sit the tired man and let him get his rest, and play the wise old warrior; the young'uns need the leadership of the old man, not the man who's dragging ass.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Jedi Mind Trick

Post  WTF Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:21 pm

Extra point
The Pistons onlyallowed 103 points to the Knicks. In the previous five meetings, the Knicks averaged 114 points.
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

It's these type of remarks that keep Rett and others confused about what's progress or not. Only someone like Rett can be sold on this sunny-side up BS. Jedi Mind Tricks if you think about it too long or read more than once you might believe that the 40 point arse whipping the team got is actual progress because Knicks scored 11 pts less than their normal 114 points.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Speed Typing Again)
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"

Post  frankied Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:48 pm

dumars is the the Dark Lord Voldemort, he who must not be named.
it is incredible to read accounts of the pistons in the detroit papers and see the team's issues and problems discussed, but more often than not, the guy who has been in charge and is ultimately responsible is never even named.
like that harry potter character.
joe dumars=lord voldemort, he who must not be named!
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Henson

Post  Murph Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:55 pm

frankied wrote:i'd pass on henson.
he reminds me of a number of similar NC big men who absolutely flop in the nba.
poor physical presence - if people thought amir got pushed around underneath, wait til what happens to henson when he gets to the nba - and a very questionable motor.
yes, he's got excellent length and decent skills for a guy his size and he has a knack for shotblocking, but every big man with a little bit of muscle is going to make henson his biotch.
he does have some talent and skill, obviously, but he performs at such a high level, largely, because of the NC system.
he reminds me of hassan whiteside, who is down in the d-league right now.

Hassan Whiteside? Come on Frankie.

Also, I've never heard Henson described as having a questionable motor.

Lately, I've been liking UNC's big men. Surprisingly, both Hansbrough and Ed Davis have been playing well in the NBA.

Let's see how Henson and UNC do in this year's Tourament.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty henson...

Post  frankied Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Murph wrote:
frankied wrote:i'd pass on henson.
he reminds me of a number of similar NC big men who absolutely flop in the nba.
poor physical presence - if people thought amir got pushed around underneath, wait til what happens to henson when he gets to the nba - and a very questionable motor.
yes, he's got excellent length and decent skills for a guy his size and he has a knack for shotblocking, but every big man with a little bit of muscle is going to make henson his biotch.
he does have some talent and skill, obviously, but he performs at such a high level, largely, because of the NC system.
he reminds me of hassan whiteside, who is down in the d-league right now.

Hassan Whiteside? Come on Frankie.

Also, I've never heard Henson described as having a questionable motor.

Lately, I've been liking UNC's big men. Surprisingly, both Hansbrough and Ed Davis have been playing well in the NBA.

Let's see how Henson and UNC do in this year's Tourament.
i'm just going on what i see.
compare henson's level of activity and aggression with kentucky's davis.
they are both about the same size, but davis seems much more active.
plus, i see henson laughing and smiling and generally being kind of goofy on the court. he just doesn't seem to be as focused on the play as a guy like davis. just a personal preference, but i'd prefer a big man who was a bit more intense. with big guys it is especially important because they can often just skate by being bigger and more athletic.
not to mention that he seems to have a really small narrow frame and you wonder just how much weight he can put on his frame.
davis, has that wide-shouldered, larger frame that looks like he will ultimately fill out quite a bit as he gets older.
i could be all wrong, no doubt, but i'd just prefer a different kind of big man.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Grizz Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:19 pm

frankied wrote:dumars is the the Dark Lord Voldemort, he who must not be named.
it is incredible to read accounts of the pistons in the detroit papers and see the team's issues and problems discussed, but more often than not, the guy who has been in charge and is ultimately responsible is never even named.
like that harry potter character.
joe dumars=lord voldemort, he who must not be named!

Good one Frankie Very Happy ... the local Piston writers are a big part of the problem ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty bailing and balling

Post  Grizz Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:23 pm

Rett wrote:Washington Wizards!

Yo, Flip and the boys are ballin....

oooops...typo
"bailin"...

The Flipster will be gone..........

You do know Cynic likes Flip, dont you Rhett? Razz Keep Fighting the good fight!!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Cousins Talk

Post  Grizz Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:32 pm

Shaq and Cweb discuss Marcus and the Paul Westphal ... Didnt think I would like to hear what Shaq had to say but .. no .. he is with it .. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Ballin and Bailin

Post  Rett Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:13 pm

Grizz wrote:
Rett wrote:Washington Wizards!

Yo, Flip and the boys are ballin....

oooops...typo
"bailin"...

The Flipster will be gone..........

You do know Cynic likes Flip, dont you Rhett? Razz Keep Fighting the good fight!!

YEP!!.................. Twisted Evil

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty bailing and balling

Post  WTF Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:16 pm

Grizz she still love me Very Happy

I will always be a defender of Flip Saunders for the very reason Murph and Oracle pointed out as Dumars as failures as a GM. Not replacing that bench, and never acquiring the need talent to support the talented starting 5 that Flip had at his disposal. Even Rick and Larry would have had trouble winning with our teams in 2006, 2007 and 2008.

Flip got blasted for riding the crap out the starters, yet he was smart enough to employ that zone defense that kept the team contending. The failures in the ECF were more about a tired over used starting 5 that was injured and running on fumes. It's really not Flip fault he didn't have a bench and the more I think about that ass whipping Lebron put on us more I begin to see that they were just freaking tired to defend him or anyone else.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Antiquated Point Guards

Post  WTF Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Knights get the start again tonight so I hope he doesn't attempt 13 3's again. Just run the offense and set up Monroe, JJ and Tay. Where's LB when we need him.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:50 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Knights get the start again tonight so I hope he doesn't attempt 13 3's again. Just run the offense and set up Monroe, JJ and Tay. Where's LB when we need him.

Knight's not antique, he's just a rookie. lol!
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Power Rankings

Post  WTF Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:52 pm

ESPN 28 Detroit 2-6 Last Week: 26 The Pistons have absorbed a few too many shellackings lately -- three in a row, to be precise -- to get overly excited about Ben Gordon's back-to-respectable start or what teasingly looked like a turn-the-corner home win over Dwight Howard and the Magic

FOXSPORTS 27 Pistons 2-6 Most guys play hard, but new coach Lawrence Frank would probably love to find a way to unload Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva. Good luck.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Flip wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Knights get the start again tonight so I hope he doesn't attempt 13 3's again. Just run the offense and set up Monroe, JJ and Tay. Where's LB when we need him.

My wish is that he was antiquated, you know like an young Isiah Thomas or a younger Dave Bing. These newer version of PG aka 2.0 Combo Guards just makes me sick.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:31 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Flip wrote:

My wish is that he was antiquated, you know like an young Isiah Thomas or a younger Dave Bing. These newer version of PG aka 2.0 Combo Guards just makes me sick.

I was just joking w/ the play on words. I agree, I want Knight to shoot less and be more like he was his first couple of PS games when he was playing pass-first.

Admin
Admin

https://detroitsportstalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty THANKS FOR THE HELP

Post  deusXango Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:15 pm

deusXango wrote:
Murph wrote:Merc...good point. If we get the 3rd, 4th, or 5th pick, we should probably trade down for a pick that will land Henson, plus other considerations.

Hey Murph, help me to understand the logic and purpose of trading down from the 3rd pick or 4th.....picks we earned by sucking through 66 games. If all you want is Henson wouldn't it be easier to parlay some of our unneeded players into a top 20 first rounder? Henson is slated to go from 13-20. I honestly don't understand the rational in trading back in basketball drafts, but I am sold on obtaining as many first rounders as possible.
I gave Murph, a holla, but I've been ignored in difference to Henson discussions with Frankie D. I guess Henson is more important than explaining the "trade down" logic to those of us that don't get it. Well, I get it.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Vince, Another Article, Another Waste of Words

Post  Sissy1946 Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:24 pm

The real issue is what Dumars is & has done to this team & you & Ellis & the rest of the boys are schills protecting him, your getting sickening to read, no one wants to trade with Detroit because they have nothing of value, let's hear it about that instead of Monroe accepts increased role, who gives a rats azz? Lets get down to the problem of this team & that is Joe "Jelly-Filled" Dumars, we need bigs on this team Vince, let's write about that instead & quit talking about stuff that don't even matter. This team stinks, you know it, we know it but still you try to enlighten us about garbage, why don't you write about how long Gores is going to tolerate him not showing up & making this team better, or how you as a sports writer can't keep writing about things that don't mean Schitt instead of the real truth about this team, you have to feel terrible if your any kind of sports writer, it's got to bother you so quit & start nailing Dumars who is singlehandedly destroying this team, jeeze, I will not go to see this crap basketball team play so quit trying to sugarcoat what they are, they suck so tell the truth.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:13 pm

Can't wait to see Langlois try to smooth this shit.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:16 pm

LOL @ Daye pulling his shorts out of his crack... permanent bench wedge Cool
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:24 pm

not impressed with frank's game management and player substitutions.
the pistons were close to the bulls, monroe was rolling and he takes monroe out and puts ben in.
it totally destroyed the pistons' offensive flow and they never got it back.
i've seen similar situations where he puts someone in and the reaction is WTF? why that guy...now?
i understand that he wants to emphasize defense and that team culture, but he sometimes seems sort of tone-deaf in terms of the game flow and what needs to be done with players to impact it.
tonight was a perfect example.
the game only became unwinnable when he took the best player off the floor, the guy who was driving detroit's offense.

Last edited by frankied on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:31 pm

merc wrote:Can't wait to see Langlois try to smooth this shit.

LOL, I'm guessing it'll be another one of those stories about how Frank went 0-16, but always came to work with the same attitude, and you'd never know he was in the midst of a 16 game losing streak....
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Pistons Slaughtered Again: Joe Dumars Should Be Fired

Post  Sissy1946 Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:31 pm

They shoot 3-14, score 9 points turn the ball over 10 times in the 4th quarter & Stink up the joint again.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next