Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+15
Phil-Good
Admin
Flip
Fennis Dembo
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Grizz
FlyDog
merc
Sissy1946
deusXango
cool breeze
frankied
Sebastian
19 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Piston Fans: I Michael Curry Will Hold Everyone Accountable, Bank on It!

Post  Sissy1946 Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:31 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] Yea, Everyone but myself, Come on did I really say that? Well whatcha gonna do? My Intentions were valid but as with the rest of these people that are being exploited, I was hired by Jelly-Filled Joe Dumars.You Decide. clap violin wpn Joe
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty FootBall

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:10 am

The SF Secondary caught the interceptions, and the Lions Secondary dropped them.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty You Just Gotta LOL At Vince Ellis.........

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:24 am

He says the Stuckey deal was "Well crafted", explaining that the 3 year deal was front-loaded, and he's only guaranteed 4 million in his 3rd year. The next paragraph totally discredits what he wrote just seconds before, saying that the Pistons couldn't sign Mullins or Speights because we were over the cap this year. Uh.........Vince; that's because of all the money we're paying Stunkey to stunk up the Palace floor this season.

GEESH! Take your head outta yer ass, pal.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Beat Writers........Insulting Our Intelligence?

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:26 am

Or flaunting their own lack of intelligence? You decide.............
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Knicks

Post  Murph Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:37 am

Oracle wrote:
3. New York is missing chauncey BADLY! Their biggest problem is that nobody is driving that car! They're also trying to integrate Chandler, but with little success right now.

Yes...the Knicks are missing a top flight PG, badly. IMO, the Knicks should have tried to engineer a trade for Chris Paul, involving Billups, any talent they could have scraped together, and lots of draft choices. And then gone with a center-by-committee, with a combination of Turiaf, Harrellson and Jordan. I think that would have been much better use of their cap space, than blowing it all on Chandler. (Although it's possible the NBA never would have or could have traded Paul to the Knicks.)

Maybe a healthy Barron Davis will help the Knicks' woeful PG situation, although that's hightly doubtful.

If the Knicks don't play significantly over .500, I don't see how D'Antoni keeps his job.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  FireDumars Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:03 pm

Murph wrote:
Oracle wrote:
3. New York is missing chauncey BADLY! Their biggest problem is that nobody is driving that car! They're also trying to integrate Chandler, but with little success right now.

Yes...the Knicks are missing a top flight PG, badly.

how about sending a bum like Stuckey to NY for for some draft picks or with Princess for Mello?
FireDumars
FireDumars

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Stuckey Has No Value

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:57 pm

Maybe a 2nd Rounder, but that's it. He's no leader on the floor.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:56 pm

FlyDog wrote:The SF Secondary caught the interceptions, and the Lions Secondary dropped them.
very true. if the lions hold onto those easy interceptions, they win.
one of them was probably a pick 6 and the other one was so easy, my grandmother could have caught it. berry let it go right through his hands and stomach. he had both hands on it, like fair-catching a punt.
each time, NO came back, after the blown interception and scored. that was the game.
i have to think that the lions poor secondary play has something to do with coaching, however. i have never seen defensive backs with such poor technique. just stuff that high-schoolers learn hwo to do, they neglect to do routinely. and some of the poorest tackling i have ever seen.
the defensive backfield coach should have been fired the day their season ended.
harbaugh also showed a lot of creativity and guts that schwartz does, only in desperation. when they need to, schwartz opens the offense up, but when he feels he can, he buttons it back down.
with his bad defense, he should understand that such a tendency is a recipe for losing against good teams, which is exactly what has happened over and over again. instead of really pressing teams with their advantages - their explosive passing game - they only really exploit it when they feel they must.
schwartz obviously deserves credit for taking the team to a new level, but i doubt that he will ever be a super bowl winning coach. my guess is that he will always do enough to make it interesting, but always come up a dollar short and a day late.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:10 pm

FlyDog wrote:Maybe a 2nd Rounder, but that's it. He's no leader on the floor.
you are right, stuckey is no leader. and he's certainly not the answer to any team's point guard problems. but he is a good nba player who has value. you could, at least, get a mid-, possibly a late lottery pick for him. as a point of comparison, SA got the number 15 pick for george hill, someone who's numbers are nowhere near stuckey's. hill was nowhere near as productive a player. stuckey would command at least as much as hill on the market.
stuckey's problem is not his game - he's a slasher who gets to the rim and gets foul shots; he was the top "and-1" player in the league, a valuable way to score points - but it is the way the team has chosen to utilize him.
not his fault. it is the team that deserves blame.
frankly, i was astounded that they brought him back in the same role he'd been in previously - point guard - after seeing how much better the team ran when it had a real point guard in t-mac. last year should have been the last nail in the sealed coffin of the stuckey as point guard experiment. the fact that joe would return to an obviously failed experiment and ram his head into that brick wall again (excuse the mixed metaphors) ...well, it just speaks to how poorly he is doing his job. incredibly stubborn and incompetent.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:29 pm

FlyDog wrote:The SF Secondary caught the interceptions, and the Lions Secondary dropped them.

Lions secondary sucks, but I think SF only had 2 int's, the other 3 were fumbles. But you're right, had we held onto the 2 or 3 int's that went through our DB's hands, we would've had 5 TO's forced as well and would've probably won.

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Frankie

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:39 pm

I would take George Hill over Stuckey any day of the week. Just my opinion. I believe a team would be crazy to give up a 1st Rounder for him. Again........my personal bias may be blinding me here. I've seen enough of the guy to know he doesn't help a team win.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Ahhhhhhhhhh.........

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Just got done ordering League Pass so I can watch these sorry effers again. To celebrate, I opened a nice bottle of Merlot. Nothing like twisting the cap on a 1.5 liter of fine wine and breathing in the aroma. Somebody please get me a tissue.......my eyes are watering. Not over the fact that I get to watch my beloved team again.......the wine stung my eyes when I went to take a swig.

Last edited by FlyDog on Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Couldn't see the keyboard)
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty I'm Starting To Hate Vince Ellis

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:26 pm

His newest masterpiece makes me want to punch him in the throat. What a Dumars slappie.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Lions

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:29 pm

Flip wrote:

Lions secondary sucks, but I think SF only had 2 int's, the other 3 were fumbles. But you're right, had we held onto the 2 or 3 int's that went through our DB's hands, we would've had 5 TO's forced as well and would've probably won.

I really think the Defensive Line sucked for the most part. Our secondary isn't that good, but if you get NO pressure, even good secondaries will get burned.

As impressive as Suh's rookie year was, this year he was a bit underwhelming.

I hadn't meant to comment on this, what I really wanted to say was that I LOVE the cover of Big Ben... brings back memories!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:29 pm

FlyDog wrote:I would take George Hill over Stuckey any day of the week. Just my opinion. I believe a team would be crazy to give up a 1st Rounder for him. Again........my personal bias may be blinding me here. I've seen enough of the guy to know he doesn't help a team win.
i might take him also. maybe.
different players, though hill has been used much more intelligently in his career so far.
popovich is a master at bringing young players along.
fact is, however, i'm talking about a market for stuckey. hill is certainly a fair comparison, though it is my view that stuckey has even more market value than hill. more experience. more starts. better stats.
objectively, stuckey would command the same kind of price, on the trade market.
that is, assuming competent management. that is, of course, a huge assumption to make about joe dumars considering his recent history.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty League Pass

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:30 pm

FlyDog wrote:Just got done ordering League Pass so I can watch these sorry effers again. To celebrate, I opened a nice bottle of Merlot. Nothing like twisting the cap on a 1.5 liter of fine wine and breathing in the aroma. Somebody please get me a tissue.......my eyes are watering. Not over the fact that I get to watch my beloved team again.......the wine stung my eyes when I went to take a swig.

I hope you picked up an extra bottle of Merlot, just in case the aroma of the game is a bit too strong... 10-10 tie in GB!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Another Horrendous Call in GB's Favor!

Post  Flip Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:36 pm

They must have pictures of Goodell.....

Every game they get away with so many mistakes because the refs just cover it up with a mysterious challenge that goes in their favor. Some fraudelent activity going on in the NFL.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Frankie

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:37 pm

Stuckey has better stats and is more athletic than Hill. I guess I could see a GM who hasn't seen too much of Stuckey make a mistake and give up something of value for him.

Oracle- The Lions secondary was asked to do a lot, but dropping 3 easy interceptions killed us. I don't blame the D-Line either for no pressure. That is on Gunther Cunningham for his crummy scheme, and the refs who allowed the Saints to literally tackle the Lion rushers.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty I SECOND THAT!

Post  deusXango Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:52 pm

FlyDog wrote:I would take George Hill over Stuckey any day of the week. Just my opinion. I believe a team would be crazy to give up a 1st Rounder for him. Again........my personal bias may be blinding me here. I've seen enough of the guy to know he doesn't help a team win.
George Hill is and has been a team player where Stuckey is not and has never been team oriented. We always talk about Stuckey's scoring but he's not an elite scorer, nor a team player; what would be a good reason for a GM worth their salt give up a first rounder for him? Since our GM have been forcing him down our collective throats, look at which direction the Pistons have gone.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Stuckey Has No Value

Post  deusXango Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:04 pm

If I could get a #15 first round pick for Mr. Stuckey, I'd JUMP on it! It would be real special if it were for 2012.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Passing The Torch............?

Post  FlyDog Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:26 pm

In the 80's, we had Micheal Williams, Vinnie Johnson, John Salley, Cliff Levingston and more coming off our bench. They were dubbed "The A-Team". Then in our last run we had "The Pitbulls".........led by Hunter, James and Williamson. Today..........we have "The Stunkey Fuckers", with Stunk, Max, Daye and Big Ben "Leading the charge".

Cleaves and the white dork were trying to tell me that Stuckey turned the game around for the Pistons? Do they have DVR in that cubby-hole they work out of? Better watch again...........

That was the Craig Murrell show in the 1st Half. He and Bradley Night are keepers. And Jerebco is a sleeper. He's worth 4 million, easy. Stuckey and Prince, our 2 "Big" FA signings...........they suck donkey balls.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty an example of why i think frank is a lousy game coach...

Post  frankied Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:32 pm

JJ has two fouls going into halftime. frank leaves him in till the end and he gets his 3rd just before halftime.
with about 2 minutes to go, i was screaming at the tv: get him out of there! frank should have been happy to get jj out of the first half without foul trouble. instead, he leaves him in, he gets his 3rd, and he's in jeopardy going into the second half. frank went to sleep. hope it doesn't cost the team.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:40 pm

deusXango wrote:
If I could get a #15 first round pick for Mr. Stuckey, I'd JUMP on it! It would be real special if it were for 2012.
that is about the going rate for a guy like stuckey. check draft day trades. portland got a number 16 for martel webster in 06.
detroit fans don't understand the value that stuckey has around the league.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Monroe

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:19 pm

Is showing the full repertoire of moves!

Monroe is a TOTAL STUD!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Pistons

Post  Oracle Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:23 pm

Monroe has almost no help!

Knight does great for a rookie so early in the season, but you may as well throw Prince, BG, and Stuckey in the trash... they're USELESS!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next