Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+15
Phil-Good
Admin
Flip
Fennis Dembo
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Grizz
FlyDog
merc
Sissy1946
deusXango
cool breeze
frankied
Sebastian
19 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Merc & Flip KL Can't Touch This

Post  WTF Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:45 pm

Flip wrote:
merc wrote:Can't wait to see Langlois try to smooth this shit.

LOL, I'm guessing it'll be another one of those stories about how Frank went 0-16, but always came to work with the same attitude, and you'd never know he was in the midst of a 16 game losing streak....

Nothing KL say's will beat Kelser explaining that the 10 turnovers the Pistons had were good turnover because they didn't lead to any Bulls points. I mean if there every was a reach to sell some Bullshit Kelser wins hands down with that one.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:02 am

Flip wrote:

LOL, I'm guessing it'll be another one of those stories about how Frank went 0-16, but always came to work with the same attitude, and you'd never know he was in the midst of a 16 game losing streak....
You nailed it... this should be our theme this year... "At least we ain't 0-16"
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:05 am

WISEFAN wrote:
Flip wrote:

Nothing KL say's will beat Kelser explaining that the 10 turnovers the Pistons had were good turnover because they didn't lead to any Bulls points. I mean if there every was a reach to sell some Bullshit Kelser wins hands down with that one.

I was watching the Bulls feed, and they were making fun of the Pistons TO's in the 4th, like when they threw it to the fans in the stands twice. They called the Pistons color-blind and were laughing at them.. I cant believe Kelser would try to rationalize 10 4th qtr TO's in any way, shape or form.

yeah Kelser, they didn't lead to any fastbreak pts because the fans in the crowd were the ones catching all the errant passes, lol.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Vince, Another Article, Another Waste of Words

Post  deusXango Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:10 am

Sissy1946 wrote:The real issue is what Dumars is & has done to this team & you & Ellis & the rest of the boys are schills protecting him, your getting sickening to read, no one wants to trade with Detroit because they have nothing of value, let's hear it about that instead of Monroe accepts increased role, who gives a rats azz? Lets get down to the problem of this team & that is Joe "Jelly-Filled" Dumars, we need bigs on this team Vince, let's write about that instead & quit talking about stuff that don't even matter. This team stinks, you know it, we know it but still you try to enlighten us about garbage, why don't you write about how long Gores is going to tolerate him not showing up & making this team better, or how you as a sports writer can't keep writing about things that don't mean Schitt instead of the real truth about this team, you have to feel terrible if your any kind of sports writer, it's got to bother you so quit & start nailing Dumars who is singlehandedly destroying this team, jeeze, I will not go to see this crap basketball team play so quit trying to sugarcoat what they are, they suck so tell the truth.
YOU TELL 'EM SISSY! Of all the articles written about the Pistons, not one of them has an ounce of straight forward truth!! :evil:
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Langlois Tweet

Post  Flip Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:11 am

Keith_Langlois
Pistons came in averaging 84.3, last in the NBA. The average is going down after tonight. Working on 7-point fourth quarter with 1:20 left

When Joe said he wanted to get back to Pistons basketball, Frank must've thought he wanted the patented Piston lulls to return.

Worst offense in the league? I'm not surprised one bit.

btw, that new avg is now 82.4 pts/gm after tonight's stellar 68 pt outing.

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:17 am

frankied wrote:not impressed with frank's game management and player substitutions.
the pistons were close to the bulls, monroe was rolling and he takes monroe out and puts ben in.
it totally destroyed the pistons' offensive flow and they never got it back.
i've seen similar situations where he puts someone in and the reaction is WTF? why that guy...now?
i understand that he wants to emphasize defense and that team culture, but he sometimes seems sort of tone-deaf in terms of the game flow and what needs to be done with players to impact it.
tonight was a perfect example.
the game only became unwinnable when he took the best player off the floor, the guy who was driving detroit's offense.
This is why he and Kidd knocked heads in Jersey. When it becomes apparent that some players on the team have a better grasp of flow; Kuester part 2.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Frank is Totally Right: Decision Making is our ONLY Problem

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:21 am

The decision to suit up and play appears to be the first mistake!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty LSU or Pistons 4th qtr?

Post  Flip Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:47 am

More pathetic performance?
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Twitter

Post  Flip Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:15 am

Can someone test the twitter sections and see if they work on your end? I'm getting the blank feeds again.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:35 am

Flip wrote:Can someone test the twitter sections and see if they work on your end? I'm getting the blank feeds again.
Looks fine with Chrome Flip
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:41 am

merc wrote:
Flip wrote:Can someone test the twitter sections and see if they work on your end? I'm getting the blank feeds again.
Looks fine with Chrome Flip

Thanks, yeah its working on ie now too.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Goodwill says Joe staying a long time

Post  Flip Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:51 am

vgoodwill Vincent Goodwill
@ @AnesAdemovic read my lips: Joe isn't going anywhere, anytime soon.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Re: Goodwill says Joe staying a long time

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:01 am

Flip wrote:
vgoodwill Vincent Goodwill
@ @AnesAdemovic read my lips: Joe isn't going anywhere, anytime soon.

Unfortunately, neither is the team!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Been Trying To Tell You Guys........

Post  FlyDog Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:23 am

It ain't banjo. It ain't Cueball. And it most certainly ain't Larry Frank.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty HEY DUMARS

Post  FlyDog Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:25 am

YOU try coaching this team!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Goodwill tweets about himself ..

Post  Grizz Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:24 am

@ @AnesAdemovic read my lips: I, Goodwill, am a mindless shill who isn't going to tell the truth ..ever... Dont believe a word of the crap I write posing as a journalist .. Why should I be any different that the rest of the schmucks covering the Pistons ..

Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty The natives are going to get very restless ..

Post  Grizz Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:25 am

Oracle wrote:The decision to suit up and play appears to be the first mistake!

Oracle .. LMFAO Razz
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty 1 assist for Knight!?

Post  Grizz Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:30 am

deusXango wrote:
frankied wrote:not impressed with frank's game management and player substitutions.
the pistons were close to the bulls, monroe was rolling and he takes monroe out and puts ben in.
it totally destroyed the pistons' offensive flow and they never got it back.
i've seen similar situations where he puts someone in and the reaction is WTF? why that guy...now?
i understand that he wants to emphasize defense and that team culture, but he sometimes seems sort of tone-deaf in terms of the game flow and what needs to be done with players to impact it.
tonight was a perfect example.
the game only became unwinnable when he took the best player off the floor, the guy who was driving detroit's offense.
This is why he and Kidd knocked heads in Jersey. When it becomes apparent that some players on the team have a better grasp of flow; Kuester part 2.

Frankie, and DX, I really had high hopes for LF as head coach because the first few games seemed to show a defense that was moving and working .. The litmus test for Frank .. or at least one of them .. is can he make Knight into a great PG ... Well . with 1 assist tonight . that's another nail in the coffin for Frank as our HC .. On the other hand,,, I and others can go back and say we were right to want Laimbeer instead for the team .. Of course, the argument that no one can coach this team to many wins .. is a strong one ... but ... if players do NOT improve .. especially the young guns .. that is a strong sign that Frank aint gonna cut it .. AND if you cannot run an offense where the center has more assists than the guards!!!! If Frank cannot mentor Knight then this is going to be an even bigger disaster than I thought ... because sucking now is terrible enough .. On the bright side .. Monroe is improving .. Should we credit Frank with that? I am not sure .. We have the lowest rated offense in the league ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Well Said Sissy ..

Post  Grizz Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:49 am

Sissy1946 wrote:The real issue is what Dumars is & has done to this team & you & Ellis & the rest of the boys are schills protecting him, your getting sickening to read, no one wants to trade with Detroit because they have nothing of value, let's hear it about that instead of Monroe accepts increased role, who gives a rats azz? Lets get down to the problem of this team & that is Joe "Jelly-Filled" Dumars, we need bigs on this team Vince, let's write about that instead & quit talking about stuff that don't even matter. This team stinks, you know it, we know it but still you try to enlighten us about garbage, why don't you write about how long Gores is going to tolerate him not showing up & making this team better, or how you as a sports writer can't keep writing about things that don't mean Schitt instead of the real truth about this team, you have to feel terrible if your any kind of sports writer, it's got to bother you so quit & start nailing Dumars who is singlehandedly destroying this team, jeeze, I will not go to see this crap basketball team play so quit trying to sugarcoat what they are, they suck so tell the truth.

THEIR HORROR IS REAL! SO BEWARE, PISTON FANS! affraid :evil:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid [/img][/img][Only admins are allowed to see this image][/img]
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Henson

Post  Murph Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:17 am

frankied wrote:i'm just going on what i see.
compare henson's level of activity and aggression with kentucky's davis.
they are both about the same size, but davis seems much more active.
(Henson) just doesn't seem to be as focused on the play as a guy like davis. just a personal preference, but i'd prefer a big man who was a bit more intense. with big guys it is especially important because they can often just skate by being bigger and more athletic.
not to mention that he seems to have a really small narrow frame and you wonder just how much weight he can put on his frame.
davis, has that wide-shouldered, larger frame that looks like he will ultimately fill out quite a bit as he gets older.
i could be all wrong, no doubt, but i'd just prefer a different kind of big man.

Agreed. I hope we move up enough in the draft to pick Drummond or Davis, as I stated in my original post. But if the rumors are true that Drummond will return for another year, that means we'll have to be very close to the worst team in the League to have a shot at winning the lottery and taking Davis.

After you get past Drummond, Davis and Sullinger, the quality of big men in the draft drops off.

I agree that Henson's narrow frame is a concern. I hate waiting around for these guys to gain weight (or not)...think Darko, Amir, Samb, Daye, Prince, etc. And as we've discovered, some guys gain weight and get stronger (Amir and Darko), and some guys don't (Samb, Daye, Prince).

Still, IMO, Henson is the 4th best big man in the draft, and one of the top 3 defensive big men.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Thanks...

Post  Murph Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:37 am

deusXango wrote:Hey Murph, help me to understand the logic and purpose of trading down from the 3rd pick or 4th.....picks we earned by sucking through 66 games. If all you want is Henson wouldn't it be easier to parlay some of our unneeded players into a top 20 first rounder? Henson is slated to go from 13-20. I honestly don't understand the rational in trading back in basketball drafts, but I am sold on obtaining as many first rounders as possible.

DX...the logic behind trading down would be this: Let's say they roll the ping-pong balls, and we get the 3rd pick in the draft. Drummond and Davis will be gone. The next best big man is Sullinger, but Sullinger is not supposed to be a great defensive player. (Although after last night's game, maybe our offense is more of a concern than our defense.)

An option might be to trade the 3rd pick for two lower 1st rounders that would land Henson and another player.

If you don't like that idea...then forget it. I'm speculating on the June draft in January, because at this point, it's a lot more interesting that talking about the latest blow-out.

Last edited by Murph on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Tweet, Tweet

Post  Murph Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:03 am

Grizz wrote:@ @AnesAdemovic read my lips: I, Goodwill, am a mindless shill who isn't going to tell the truth ..ever... Dont believe a word of the crap I write posing as a journalist .. Why should I be any different that the rest of the schmucks covering the Pistons ..

Good one, Grizz!

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Craig Monroe adjusts to new role as scorer

Post  WTF Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:07 am

By Vincent Goodwill The Detroit News

First off who the hell is Craig Monroe Dum Dum? I see the quality of this team matches that of the quality of writing from the Dummy Goodwill. I mean really every freaking article you present has an error.......and you tweet like a retard.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:51 am

WISEFAN wrote:By Vincent Goodwill The Detroit News

First off who the hell is Craig Monroe Dum Dum? I see the quality of this team matches that of the quality of writing from the Dummy Goodwill. I mean really every freaking article you present has an error.......and you tweet like a retard.

just another example of how incompetent those clowns are.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Thanks...

Post  deusXango Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:54 am

Murph wrote:
deusXango wrote:Hey Murph, help me to understand the logic and purpose of trading down from the 3rd pick or 4th.....picks we earned by sucking through 66 games. If all you want is Henson wouldn't it be easier to parlay some of our unneeded players into a top 20 first rounder? Henson is slated to go from 13-20. I honestly don't understand the rational in trading back in basketball drafts, but I am sold on obtaining as many first rounders as possible.

DX...the logic behind trading down would be this: Let's say they roll the ping-pong balls, and we get the 3rd pick in the draft. Drummond and Davis will be gone. The next best big man is Sullinger, but Sullinger is not supposed to be a great defensive player. (Although after last night's game, maybe our offense is more of a concern than our defense.)

An option might be to trade the 3rd pick for two lower 1st rounders that would land Henson and another player.

If you don't like that idea...then forget it. I'm speculating on the June draft in January, because at this point, it's a lot more interesting that talking about the latest blow-out.
Thanks Murph, I now see that your thinking is in line with mine; get multiple first rounders. This team could benefit from a massive infusion of talent. I honestly am not a Sullinger fan either, it's just something about him that strikes me as unreliable for the long run, plus he's not a real compliment for Monroe.

You're right, January is no time to start practicing depression, because if things get worse, where will our thought processes be come March? Sad
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next