Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+15
Phil-Good
Admin
Flip
Fennis Dembo
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Grizz
FlyDog
merc
Sissy1946
deusXango
cool breeze
frankied
Sebastian
19 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty 2nd ROUND DRAFT PICKS

Post  deusXango Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:24 pm

Philly traded Marreese Speights for two second round draft picks which Dumars thought was too much for us to give up (citing how we stood with the CAP). During the last three drafts 4 second rounders are not on this team: Chase Budinger, Dujuan Summers, Terrico White, and Kyle Singler refuses to play for us....just how valuable are our second rounders?! Joe doesn't know what to do with a second round pick!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty WISE is suspect.

Post  WTF Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:34 pm

Rett's a cheerleader
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Samuelson Is A Moron

Post  Murph Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:53 pm

It is bizarre how almost to the last man, the local Detroit media goes out of their way to bash Hamilton at every oportunity. It's as if they're obsessed with Hamilton. I mean, I know the team is terrible and it must be difficult to find topics to write about, but these Detroit media idiots just can't leave Hamilton alone.

Now this moron, Samuelson, is criticizing Piston fans for giving Hamilton a polite round of applause for all his years of service he put in for Detroit, instead of booing him? I mean how shallow and petty can you get than criticizing fans from showing their appreciation???

Samuelson, Feldman, Hayes and Goodwill have jumped the shark when it comes to the topic of Richard Hamilton. The Detroit area media needs to show a lot more class for a change...AND MOVE ON.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Charlie V Missing in Inaction

Post  Fennis Dembo Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:24 pm

AMBER ALERT - AMBER ALERT - AMBER ALERT

Missing Charlie Villanueva - 27 years old, 6-11 inches and 232 pounds. Last seen wearing a head band and a Pistons' uniform with number 31. May have been abducted by aliens from outer space or another NBA team, although the latter is highly unlikely. Allergic to rebounding and playing defense and passing. If you see him please notify this site immediately.

CANCEL AMBER ALERT - CANCEL AMBER ALERT

Charlie was found wandering around in the locker room. He and Coach Franks both forgot he was on the team. Joe Dumars commented, “It‘s really an easy mistake to make.”

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty missing charlie v

Post  frankied Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:34 pm

i never thought i'd say it, but with daye not hitting his jumpers, i have to say that i almost miss charlie v.
not entirely, mind you, but i definitely get a twinge where i might want to see charlie the chucker toss in a couple of those nasty jumpers.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  deusXango Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:58 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:AMBER ALERT - AMBER ALERT - AMBER ALERT

Missing Charlie Villanueva - 27 years old, 6-11 inches and 232 pounds. Last seen wearing a head band and a Pistons' uniform with number 31. May have been abducted by aliens from outer space or another NBA team, although the latter is highly unlikely. Allergic to rebounding and playing defense and passing. If you see him please notify this site immediately.

CANCEL AMBER ALERT - CANCEL AMBER ALERT

Charlie was found wandering around in the locker room. He and Coach Franks both forgot he was on the team. Joe Dumars commented, “It‘s really an easy mistake to make.”
Priceless. Absolutely pricelsess! :lol:
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty speights

Post  frankied Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:57 pm

deusXango wrote:Philly traded Marreese Speights for two second round draft picks which Dumars thought was too much for us to give up (citing how we stood with the CAP). During the last three drafts 4 second rounders are not on this team: Chase Budinger, Dujuan Summers, Terrico White, and Kyle Singler refuses to play for us....just how valuable are our second rounders?! Joe doesn't know what to do with a second round pick!
wow! can't believe joe couldn't get in on that deal.
whenever i've seen speights he's played well. maybe he wasn't the greatest defensive presence, but he's a big body with really good offensive tools. sort of a thicker, more athletic version of monroe, with a better jumper.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Grizz wrote:I was such a big supporter of Laimbeer being the next HC .. and wanted nothing to do with Frank .. the truth is that the last 3 seasons with those last 2 HCs was hell ... It is bad enough having a roster so messed up but then having HCs that compound the situation by doing dumb stuff .. I got to the point where I was often Glad the Pistons lost because that meant we were one game closer to getting Quester / Curry / Dumars fired so the Pistons could start a new, better era .. Frank has changed this totally for me where I actually enjoy watching the Pistons, and feel I was totally wrong to be against Frank's hiring .. .. the team seems better in tune and starting to get back to fundamentals ... less crazy stupid stuff for sure .. Even the loss to the Bulls was a game I enjoyed watching because it seemed like a real team now (not an ongoing joke of 3 to 5 players playing out of position at any time, only 1 or 2 now) .. with a real head coach (not a buffoonery clown) .. Yes, we are still short 2 good bigs .. 1 to pair with Monroe and 1 from the bench .. And Stuckey has not shown he is ready to be a PG for this team yet after 3 seasons of trying .. But Frank appears to coach with a plan long term and short term .. Anyway .. it is sort of a relief .. and he does emphasize defense .. always a must for a Piston fan .. Also .. he has shown some toughness and leadership skills .. We will see exactly how much he has of those as the season goes on .. Gore did quite alright by hiring him .. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
If I get fired then I'm taking everyone with me, I'm on my last nerve & have very little patience with everyone thinking I'm not doing my job, I'm on the phone as we speak trying to make deals, don't push me as you can see my eyes are on the prize in front of me.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Speights

Post  Flip Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:05 pm

frankied wrote:
deusXango wrote:Philly traded Marreese Speights for two second round draft picks which Dumars thought was too much for us to give up (citing how we stood with the CAP). During the last three drafts 4 second rounders are not on this team: Chase Budinger, Dujuan Summers, Terrico White, and Kyle Singler refuses to play for us....just how valuable are our second rounders?! Joe doesn't know what to do with a second round pick!
whenever i've seen speights he's played well. maybe he wasn't the greatest defensive presence, but he's a big body with really good offensive tools. sort of a thicker, more athletic version of monroe, with a better jumper.

Vince Ellis said Joe was trying to get Speights, but Philly only wanted draft picks, and not to take any players back.

I guess since Joe spent all our capspace on Tayshaun and Stuckey, we had no cap room to absorb Speights contract, thus couldn't get him.

More poor planning and cap management by Joe.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Brandon knight will be a great player for the Detroit Pistons

Post  cool breeze Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:18 pm

Some Piston fans might not see what I see regarding what Knight brings to this Piston team. First off, even though Detroit is still losing games, the team is playing with more heart. Last night, Knight made many mistakes turning the ball over perhaps trying to do too much. But even with a injured ankle, Knight was able to get 9 rebounds and score 10 points. He is clearly a really smart individual who knows how to get the ball into the low post to feed Monroe. For me, if Dumars doesn't do something really stupid in trading Knight and Monroe, I believe that within three seasons, we Piston fans will be watching another special team perform. Knight has really quick feet and takes those small steps and is always attacking. He just needs a lot of playing time this season to iron out what to remove and keep in his game. Knight can score inside or out and reminds me a lot of Isiah Thomas. The other player who is really improving this season is Greg Monroe. I am really impressed especially after he made a mistake and then stole the basketball and went in on a one man fast break to score. I believe that a lineup of Knight, Monroe, JJ, Prince and Wilkins would bring more wins this season. I do not trust Daye's defense. I believe that Daye's lack of confidence on the offensive end is caused from his belief that he cannot hold his own on defense. He is fundamentally unsound relating to every area of defense. He turns his back to the basket at times and also to the man he is supposed to guard. I noticed several blunders regarding his positioning when playing on the weak side and his man slipped in to get a easy offensive rebound and put back. Where I can look at Knight's feet and just know that he is the real deal and then look at Daye's lack of anticipation on defense and his basic lack of quick feet which will hamper him a great deal even if he does fill out and become stronger. I say that Wilkins is a far superior player to Daye and should get the minutes if there is any justice. I want Daye to some out of his slump on offense but he would still scare me if I were his coach based on his total lack of ability on defense. Is he better than Charlie V on defense? It is a toss up. Notice that I have not mentioned Stuckey or Ben Gordon. I can't believe that Dumars still believes that those two players will ever be a part of a solid Piston team in two or three seasons. I would trade both in a Detroit minute. The prime players to remove are Stuckey, Gordon, Charlie V, and Daye as soon as possible. The Pistons can draft another quality big man this summer in the draft. They will need to add two more guards who has the potential to play both ends well and are smart players like Knight. Move JJ to the small forward position after drafting another big man and then the Pistons will start cooking again. Last season was the worst of all for me. I was not able to pick up on any aspect of the team that could be considered positive. I didn't like the way any of the players performed except for at times, Monroe. So far this season, I enjoy watching the Pistons play. The players are working hard and they are getting a lot of open shots that are not going down. The team gets tired in the 4th quarter but they are not giving up. Go Pistons!!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:25 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Joe's Been Moonlighting

Post  Flip Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:42 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Speights

Post  deusXango Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:47 pm

Flip wrote:
frankied wrote:

Vince Ellis said Joe was trying to get Speights, but Philly only wanted draft picks, and not to take any players back.

I guess since Joe spent all our capspace on Tayshaun and Stuckey, we had no cap room to absorb Speights contract, thus couldn't get him.

'Yo Flip, don't you think that Bynum, or Maxiell, or Villanueva could have been traded somewhere for a couple of second rounders? If they could that would have answered the CAP question; if they couldn't that's sad.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty DARREN DAYE vs AUSTIN DAYE

Post  deusXango Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:09 pm

Darren Daye was a good player with multiple skills coming out of one of the most prestigious college programs in the country coming into the NBA. After an undistinguished career encompassing 3 teams spanning 5 years he was gone.

Austin Daye averaged 30 pts., 12 reb., and 5 blks......in high school! His colligate stats were nowhere near that. He was 6'11" and weighed less than 200 lbs. when Joe drafted him in the first round for God only knows why (he ain't a PF and SF don't mean tiny). I can't see two more teams wanting to put up with what we've been witnessing, and it appears his career won't be as distinguished as his dads.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty A+ Flip, A Definite Keeper

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:19 pm

Flip wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
U seas I tooke the choc-co-lat & I mixes dem wit Jelli-fill-ed & I's gett Jelli-filled choc-co-lat, they B 99 sense purr donut, I may B given up mi daze job soon. Then u'z can find yalls own senter. Yors truey, Jelli-Joe Dumars.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:51 pm

Several more execs replaced in the Palace... Joe must feel the walls collapsing around him.

merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:52 pm

SI says Ben is retiring after this year... I'll start an appreciation thread :pirat:
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Lions Strike First 7-0

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:27 pm

Stafford to Heller, since we started first with ball then maybe if we score every time we can beat them, Bree's mowing Lions down then New Orleams fumbles, Lions ball. Here we go. Pistons down 15 with 5:40 to play, 50-35.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Lions Up 14-7: 2nd Quarter

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:02 pm

Stafford to Johnson, TD. Pistons down 25, 8 minutes left in 3rd quarter.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Sissy1946 wrote:Stafford to Johnson, TD. Pistons down 25, 8 minutes left in 3rd quarter.

Thanks Sissy! Go Lions .. Scrambling around to find the link .. Watched 5 minutes on NFL.com preview .. haha .. saw that TD drive at least .> GO LIONS! Show the Pistons how it is done .. cheers
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:11 pm

Sissy1946 wrote:
Flip wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
U seas I tooke the choc-co-lat & I mixes dem wit Jelli-fill-ed & I's gett Jelli-filled choc-co-lat, they B 99 sense purr donut, I may B given up mi daze job soon. Then u'z can find yalls own senter. Yors truey, Jelli-Joe Dumars.

Sissy .. That is a good one Very Happy Razz ... We dont need Joe to get bigger .. we need BIGS! especially vs this Knicks team ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Flip wrote:
frankied wrote:

Great Post Don .. I agree about the team showing more heart .. It is possible this will change as the season losses pile up ... That is why it is so deady for the team for Joe to have ignored team needs and overpaid certain deadwood on the team .. When you do that .. it can happen that even the good players will lose an opportunities to make themselves and the team better ... Agree so much that Knight looks very very the real thing ... Now we get to see how good a captain Coach Frank is on a sinking ship designed by Dumars .. I like just about all I have seen from Frank so far! Good work Mr. Gore for hiring him instead of another sock puppet coach for Joe
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Half-Time: Lions 14 Saints 10

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:43 pm

Lions held them to a field goal, New Orleans will have the ball starting the 2nd half, come on Detroit. Piston officially getting slaughtered, 93-69, 5 & change left, Joe spotted still in the bakery.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Blaha & Kelser: Blah, Blah, Blah

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:09 pm

George says he was a true pro with 4 points 3 rebounds, Kelser says, we could have given up & lost by 40 but Ben came in & led them to win the 4th quarter, well listen George that's all fair in love & war but winning the 4th quarter does not win this game, it takes playing all 4 quarters, Kelser says this may give HasBen more playing time. What a bunch of sad sack homers, ya need to call it like you see it guys, they stunk, they sucked again, Wow! The palace looked pretty empty again tonight. Lions coming back to reality, defense sucks, defensive line a sieve, secondary being burned again, refs in rare form again, Bree's 2 Td's in 2nd half so far, lions losing by 10, 24-14, hwe have to score every time we have the ball or were history.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty 2nd dropped interception....

Post  frankied Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:37 pm

after the first one, the saints went down and got a touchdown.
berry just dropped another one, right in his hands.
let's see what happens.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next