Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+15
Phil-Good
Admin
Flip
Fennis Dembo
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Grizz
FlyDog
merc
Sissy1946
deusXango
cool breeze
frankied
Sebastian
19 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Re: Great Win

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Flip wrote:Over a bad team, but I'll take a 20 pt win anyway we can.

Knight with his first career dbl-dbl, 13 pts, 10 rebs, to go with 4 assists and 0 TO's! on 5-11 FG

With his rebounding ability, once he gets more scorers around him to finish his assists, he's going to be a triple-double threat every night.

Great to see him come back with no turnovers after 5 last night. You'll take 4:0 Ast/TO ratio from your PG every night. Especially when your Center gets you 5 with 1 TO.

Speaking of Monroe, follows up his career night with 19 pts, 9 rebs, 5 asts, 1 blk, 1 stl, and only 1 TO, and was a major presence inside and facilitator on offense.

The future looks bright. banana

Hell yeah I'll take it!!!

It's a win against NBA competition, and it counts, LOL!

More important than the win was the continued development of our two stars! Who was it that compared Monroe to Tim Duncan? Give yourself a Gold Star, because that's exactly the right comparison.

It's amazing what being fundamentally sound will do for you!

Then our other star, Brandon Knight follows his impressive performance from last night, driving into the teeth of the defense, taking contact, and finishing(take notes Stuckey), with a freaking no turns double double!

HELLO... these aren't your average rookies and 2nd year men!

I have to give Joe Dumars a TON of credit for nailing the draft two years in a row... his doughnuts are on fire!!!

I like the wins, but as long as the stars get developed, I'll love the losses too!

Joe's got me partially back, because at the very least, we're moving in the right direction(BTW, this was a ROAD WIN to boot)
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Knight vs Kemba

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:43 pm

Flip wrote:I like Kemba, but I'm so glad we took Knight instead, as Walker might has a little too much "will bynum" in his game for my liking as a starting PG.

Flip, Walker is Will Bynum with a bit more talent!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Flip Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:55 pm

Oracle wrote:I have to give Joe Dumars a TON of credit for nailing the draft two years in a row... his doughnuts are on fire!!!

lol, Joe D approves this message Joe and I agree tb .

He got a lot of signings wrong lately, but he may have plucked the 2 best players from the last 2 drafts with the 7th and 8th picks! That just doesn't happen. Call it luck, maybe, but he could've passed on them just like the other teams, so I'll give him big credit for taking them. They look like 2 future superstars, doing this at only 20/21 yrs old. Add in another top pick this summer, and we might end up forming a big 3 of superstars here, of all places, after all. rockon
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Knight

Post  Flip Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:59 pm

How bout those two clutch 3's from Knight in the 4th too, when CHA was making the run? finger wag
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:16 pm

Flip wrote:How bout those two clutch 3's from Knight in the 4th too, when CHA was making the run? finger wag
those 3' s were dumars like.

Last edited by frankied on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ?)
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty A Win is a Win is a Win

Post  Sebastian Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:28 pm

Grizz wrote:
merc wrote:Crickets...

I guess we are haters and venters so nothing much bad to vent about in this big win... and beating the Bobcats doesnt get anyone excited on the other side either ..

Darn right, OUR guys will gladly take the win. Winning is the medicine to losing. OUR guys need to experience the warm and tingly feeling that winning offers.

Just curious, as I have not seen the most recent two games that Stuckey has played. Could he had played the eleven minutes stolen by Will B. (8 minutes) and Daye (3 minutes)?

Joe has got to be working the phones at trying to deal Charlie V. and Daye. These two guys are useless.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Dare I say it???

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:51 pm

Flip wrote:Add in another top pick this summer, and we might end up forming a big 3 of superstars here, of all places, after all. rockon

We might start looking like the LIONS, loaded with a lot of young talent?

DX got it right, the wise move is to let this play out a little, I don't believe you do it for the full season unless there's nothing out there to acquire, which may be the case.

If things stay as they are, the smarter move may be to get a very young bigman to grow with our current stars, and fill the roster out with better supporting players.

I never wanted to trade Stuckey before, but if the right deal came along, I wouldn't lose any sleep, but it has to be the right deal!

However, before you think about getting rid of Stuckey, there are a few players that should go WAY before you get rid of him(JMax, BG, CV, & Daye if you won't play him).

The one thing that bothers me is the lack of PT for Macklin. The only logical conclusion I can draw is that they don't want to disrespect the veteran bigs, which is a good reason to clear the team of CV and play Macklin.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Forget the Draft ... Go Get a Big, Now!!!

Post  Sebastian Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:02 am

Try to make a move for a complimentary big, now. Forget waiting for the draft.

Does anybody realize how much development, I should say erosion that can be experienced during the remaining 54 games if WE try to continue playing with the same inferior and ill-designed roster? If WE can make a move, now, for a complimentary big then the team can grow going forward, rather flounder around like fish out of water.

Move: Our 2012 first round pick, Charlie V., and Austin Daye to Washington for JaVele McGee and Chris Singleton.

JaVele McGee has the ability to check the versatile PFs, like Love, Stoudimire, Aldridge, Bosh, Dirk, etc. and Monroe can check the ploding Centers, who play closer to the basket. Monroe could get away with banging with guys like: Howard, Gasol, Bynum, DeAndre Jordan, etc. And, Monroe can take advantage of these guys on the offensive side of the floor.

Having a guy like McGee, again, would help defensively with block shots, defensive rebounding. But, McGee would also help OUR fastbreak offense, as he would be the big that would run the floor; also could help big time in the transition defense.

Another bonus with the this trade proposal is the addition of the versatile rookie Chris Singleton. Singleton is a good defensive SF/PF and is young (rookie from FSU) and tall.

Oh and WE get rid of some of OUR trash (Charlie V. and Daye).

Joe get the Wizard brass on the phone. They are struggling and would love to have two 2012 first round picks.

New Line-up

PG- Knight/Bymun
SG- Stuckey/Ben G.
SF- Jerebko/Tay
PF- Monroe/Singleton/Maxey
C- McGee/Macklin/Big Ben

WE could still make the playoff, if WE pull this trade off over the weekend.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:22 am

The Bobcat fans must like the idea of losing to the Pistons in a tiebreaker... right now there are 3 teams with a worse record.
The only way this is worth the frustration is to get a top 5 pick.

A few weeks back I asked a general NBA forum who had better trade value, Monroe or Andrew Bynum (considering injuries and salary).... they were fairly abusive with my "stupidity" for even bringing this up... doesn't seem so ridiculous now.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:26 am

Sebastian wrote:Try to make a move for a complimentary big, now. Forget waiting for the draft.

Move: Our 2012 first round pick, Charlie V., and Austin Daye to Washington for JaVele McGee and Chris Singleton.

I'd do it in a Detroit minute (Joe's a little slower than NY)... especially if Drumond is serious about staying for another year.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Maxiell

Post  Flip Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:56 am

Lost in the fray of a great win was the fact that Maxiell finally may have been bumped out of the rotation, in exchange for extended PT for Big Ben. A move I LOVE, and hope stays this way. This is all the rotation we need in the frontcourt with Monroe playing the way he has been. Ben is old, but when we are so desparate for a defensive Center, and have one of the greatest all-time on our bench, he definitely should be getting all of the backup minutes over Maxiell.

Maybe we can sprinkle in a little Charlie V for 5 min off the bench to stretch the D with that 2nd unit, until we can swing a trade, this rotation wont be so bad.

Its amazing how having 1 stud 20-10, lowpost big man allows everything else to fall into place so much easier.

Now...If we can somehow get Kaman...it would be like WallaceX2 on offense, lol. 2 high skilled, low post Centers, each capable of 20-10 any given night. Move Jerebko to SF, start Knight abnd Stuckey, and we'd have a pretty tough offense to stop.

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Knight

Post  WTF Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:09 am

How about no turnovers more shocking 10 boards,

Last edited by WISEFAN on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing in the dark)
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:33 am

3 games in the next 4 days against teams with a similar record... Might have a decent idea by next week where the team is headed.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Great Win

Post  deusXango Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:14 am

Flip wrote:Over a bad team, but I'll take a 20 pt win anyway we can.

Knight with his first career dbl-dbl, 13 pts, 10 rebs, to go with 4 assists and 0 TO's! on 5-11 FG

With his rebounding ability, once he gets more scorers around him to finish his assists, he's going to be a triple-double threat every night.

Great to see him come back with no turnovers after 5 last night. You'll take 4:0 Ast/TO ratio from your PG every night. Especially when your Center gets you 5 with 1 TO.

Speaking of Monroe, follows up his career night with 19 pts, 9 rebs, 5 asts, 1 blk, 1 stl, and only 1 TO, and was a major presence inside and facilitator on offense.

The future looks bright. banana
That's 100 Flip.....keep the fans interested and entertained while we go through the pains of "child birth." Seriously, I couldn't ask for more. clap
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Yeah .. Knight IS Impressive

Post  Grizz Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:33 am

WISEFAN wrote:How about no turnovers more shocking 10 boards,

Wise....those rebounds impress me too .. Monroe can pass better than just about any big man right now .. and Knight can outrebound any guard in the NBA right now .. Oracle is right to note that if those 2 young guns develop .. we can all be happy even when we lose .. let alone if we win .. pom pom Cheerlead away everyone ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Forget the Draft ... Go Get a Big, Now!!!

Post  deusXango Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:46 am

Sebastian wrote:Try to make a move for a complimentary big, now. Forget waiting for the draft.

Joe get the Wizard brass on the phone. They are struggling and would love to have two 2012 first round picks.

If we're to make a move now it would have to be one of minimal expenditure, and one that would contribute to excitement and entertainment; cut Maxiell and bring in Rasheed Wallace for one year at vets minimum. Before you laugh, look at the players in the league that are older than Sheed and playing at a high level. We'll still suck, we just won't look as bad while we're doing it! WallaceX2 will keep the weight of opposing bigs off of Monroe and J.J. for the remainder of this season (they won't be faced with the nightly grind of being over-matched, but enough PT to continue growing.)

We are struggling and I for one would love to have two 2012 first round draft picks.....a top three and a top ten would be heaven. dance

Last edited by deusXango on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty 2012 DRAFT

Post  deusXango Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:06 am

merc wrote:

I'd do it in a Detroit minute (Joe's a little slower than NY)... especially if Drumond is serious about staying for another year.
Hey Merc, this draft is bigger than Drummond. Even with Drummond in the draft if Joe could get Anthony Davis I wouldn't be mad at him; the second coming of LaMarcus Aldrich....long term, possibly better!! The reason I keep harping on a second first rounder is we need to address the SF starting spot now as well and not wait for another years draft. Tay is done, and as much as I like J.J. he's a bench role player. This is not taking anything from Jerebko, but adding something valuable to the team. I want to see Joe redeem himself through the draft by making some sound choices.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Hi Piston Fans, Im DuJuan Summers

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:19 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] And I too could have helped the Pistons if I would have been given more playing time, doesn't it pizz you off that we're not groomed & then let go for nothing, after all why then were we drafted in the first place, thanks Joe. Joe

Last edited by Sissy1946 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Hey Piston Fans, I'm Rodney "Gunslinger" White

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:32 am

wpn [Only admins are allowed to see this link] Oh just forget it, you all know about me anyway, probably couldn't have helped anyway but Jelly-Filled Joe Dumars did draft me. wpn Ho, Ho, Ho. wpn Joe
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty zeke-like rebounding...

Post  frankied Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:41 am

zeke was a very good rebounder for a little guy. in fact, over his career, he averaged just one rebound less than the guy who has been our starting SF for the last 8 years or so. that says a lot for a six foot point guard.
but he would stick his nose into the middle of the fray and often come out with the rebound.
knight has that same quality. instead of hanging on the perimeter, looking for the outlet pass, he is sticking his nose right underneath the boards, stealing boards from teammates and opponents.
a very good sign and indicative of his competitive nature.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Talent Development?

Post  FireDumars Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:38 am

HoopsHype.com D-League
by HoopsHype / Updated: January 12, 2012 -

TEAM RANKINGS Call-Ups Assignments
1. San Antonio 19 13
30. Detroit 0 5
FireDumars
FireDumars

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Looks Like I Picked The Wrong Week

Post  FlyDog Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:20 am

To drop NBA League Pass. I watched the freebies, and then let it drop, and I've missed the last few games. I figured, why bother? I was sleeping by Halftime anyway. Dang it.........with the way Monroe, Knight and Jerebco are playing, I guess it's time I fork out the dough and re-purchase League Pass. The box score tells me that Jonas was Player of the Game last night.........he really stuffed the stat sheet.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Cheering Made For Dummies

Post  WTF Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:24 am

pom pom My name is Rett and I won't quit and I'll keep on cheering and Wise ain't sh!t......Yay Team pom pom Okay your turn Phillip

party My name is PBoy spell P-E-E BOY and watching the Pistson win give me so much Joy! so tell Sour Cynic taunt to cry me a river violin because we all know that Joe will DELIVER!!!!! Yaaaaay Team

PB: Wow! Rett cheering is fun party and busting these move is a really good workout

Rett: Yeah Phillip party on pom pom I can keep cheering all day if I have too.

PB: Rett you should have seen me at the Rob Base Halftime Jam TT the crowd was pump all 100 of us. I did this Cabbage Patch move all night, check it out Rett party

Last edited by WISEFAN on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Still typing in the dark)
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Looks Like I Picked The Wrong Week

Post  WTF Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:28 am

FlyDog wrote:To drop NBA League Pass. I watched the freebies, and then let it drop, and I've missed the last few games. I figured, why bother? I was sleeping by Halftime anyway. Dang it.........with the way Monroe, Knight and Jerebco are playing, I guess it's time I fork out the dough and re-purchase League Pass. The box score tells me that Jonas was Player of the Game last night.........he really stuffed the stat sheet.

Don't rush to judgement too quickly FlyDog that's only 2 decent games out 12 for JJ even though he played a little better I think it was just the quality of team we were playing last night.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Got My Dog Mixed Up)
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:39 am

WISEFAN wrote:
FlyDog wrote:To drop NBA League Pass. I watched the freebies, and then let it drop, and I've missed the last few games. I figured, why bother? I was sleeping by Halftime anyway. Dang it.........with the way Monroe, Knight and Jerebco are playing, I guess it's time I fork out the dough and re-purchase League Pass. The box score tells me that Jonas was Player of the Game last night.........he really stuffed the stat sheet.

Don't rush to judgement too quickly FlyDog that's only 2 decent games out 12 for JJ even though he played a little better I think it was just the quality of team we were playing last night.

JJ might also just play better against PFs who are more his size .. wish we could afford to put him at SF permanently ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next