Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+15
Phil-Good
Admin
Flip
Fennis Dembo
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Grizz
FlyDog
merc
Sissy1946
deusXango
cool breeze
frankied
Sebastian
19 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Grizz Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:48 am

Flip wrote:I just figured out how to add new sections at the top. The first one I added is a Pistons twitter section filled with live auto-updating twitter feeds from all the Pistons writers/insiders, national media guys, and Pistons players.

Its organized - local media in the left column, national in the middle, and players on the right.

I can add as many as I want, so if anyone can think of any others I should add, let me know, and I'll just keep adding them as I go.

I'm going to do the whole roster of players once I find them all.

Just click "Piston Tweets" in the upper left to access it. cheers

Thanks again for this Flip! Detroitnews far behind this site ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:50 am

Grizz wrote:
Flip wrote:I just figured out how to add new sections at the top. The first one I added is a Pistons twitter section filled with live auto-updating twitter feeds from all the Pistons writers/insiders, national media guys, and Pistons players.

Its organized - local media in the left column, national in the middle, and players on the right.

I can add as many as I want, so if anyone can think of any others I should add, let me know, and I'll just keep adding them as I go.

I'm going to do the whole roster of players once I find them all.

Just click "Piston Tweets" in the upper left to access it. cheers

Thanks again for this Flip! Detroitnews far behind this site ..

no prob, Grizz, more sections coming once I figure out how to create more. I want to add sections for stats, team salary, rumors, etc. Stay tuned... Very Happy
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:04 am

Nice job on the Twitt section Flip... should come in handy around the trade deadline (for following teams that actually make deals)
Would be nice to have hoopshype, CBS basketball rumors and espn.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:05 am

Having some tech difficulties with the new section, tried to change the color and now everythings blank. Give me a few min...
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:08 am

Nevermind appears to be working now, must've just went offline for a sec.

merc, I'll add those you requested
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:09 am

Here's some key dates for the site...

Feb 26:th All-Star Game (in a shortened All-Star weekend)
Mar 15:th at 3 PM ET Trade Deadline
Apr 26:th End of the Regular Season
Apr 28:th Start of the Playoffs
May 30:th Draft Lottery
Jun 26:th Last possible NBA Finals date
Jun 28:th The Draft
July 1st - 10:th 2012 Moratorium Period
July 11:th Team may begin signing Free agents
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:51 am

Having some tech problems with the twitter feeds, working on it, let me know if anyone else's is showing up blank?

Admin
Admin

https://detroitsportstalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:18 am

Appears to be fixed..keep me posted if anyones comes up blank..I think it was just my computer.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Blankety

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:40 am

Flip wrote:Appears to be fixed..keep me posted if anyones comes up blank..I think it was just my computer.

Blank for me, but it was there earlier.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:20 am

Oracle wrote:
Flip wrote:Appears to be fixed..keep me posted if anyones comes up blank..I think it was just my computer.

Blank for me, but it was there earlier.

thanks, yeah something wrong with that widget company I was using. Giving up on it for tonight, I'm going to try it again tomorrow, if it doesnt work I'll just use a different company and load it back up tomorrow.

Admin
Admin

https://detroitsportstalk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:26 am

merc wrote:Here's some key dates for the site...

Feb 26:th All-Star Game (in a shortened All-Star weekend)
Mar 15:th at 3 PM ET Trade Deadline
Apr 26:th End of the Regular Season
Apr 28:th Start of the Playoffs
May 30:th Draft Lottery
Jun 26:th Last possible NBA Finals date
Jun 28:th The Draft
July 1st - 10:th 2012 Moratorium Period
July 11:th Team may begin signing Free agents

Thanks Merc ... Looks like this season is going to go fast ..-- mercifully ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Re: Until I'm Proven Wrong...

Post  Murph Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:55 am

Oracle wrote: I totally agree that the stench wasn't coming from the players revolting, that was just a symptom of Joe's total lack of leadership. The fish stinks from the head... Joe and Karen, and in that order.

Joe isn't mad, it's just that he, rightfully, got credit for more than he really accomplished.

Let's see, Grant Hill was leaving, and did him a service by doing a sign and trade, which allowed Joe to save some face. Grant could have just left, but both he and Doc Rivers did the right thing.

Trading Stackhouse, as others have pointed out, was mostly a salary move and a prayer. MJ knew RIP had a lot of problems, and didn't have the offensive structure to maximize his talent, but Carlisle did, and it worked.

Getting Chauncey was ALL Joe, and it was arguably one of the best moves he made, so I give him FULL credit here.

Getting Larry Brown to coach the Pistons was 100% Mr D.! He couldn't stand Carlisle, and made Joe jump when LB became available.

Getting Sheed was 99% Larry Brown and 1% Joe, and I'm being generous here.

Then Joe gets a massive stroke of luck as the Alternatorz had morphed into a KILLER unit that could give first units a run for their money. oddly, after winning it all, Joe NEVER found a way to rebuild a decent 2nd unit, which led to the failure to win additional championships.

So while I always say the man at the top should get the credit, no matter how it happens. At some point you need to analyze the situation, and that generally occurs when stuff goes to hell in a hand basket(like now).

I love Joe, but my simple analysis shows him wanting, and the lack of moves to date has me greatly concerned.

Joe has this season to change my mind, but after that, I'm joining the fire Joe bandwagon if nothing happens.

Good post, Oracle. That's a pretty good summary of some of the best moves from Joe's winning years.

Strangely enough, the one thing that might save Joe, is that lately he's been drafting well. If Gores has enough patience, Joe might be able to successfully rebuild though the draft.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty All-Star Game

Post  Murph Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:59 am

Is there any chance Greg Monroe could be picked by the coaches as an Eastern Conference All-Star?

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Re: Until I'm Proven Wrong...

Post  WTF Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:23 am

I've been saying most of these things since 2006 Oracle especially the part about over stating Joe's GM'ing Genius as many claimed was always in the works. Welcome tgo the reality of Joe Dumars.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Flip Saunders: Winless Wizards 'bad to watch'

Post  WTF Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:35 am

More local media propaganda from the Freep.

Well winless or not I would still rather have the Wizards roster and fire Joe. Funny how all the what if can be mentioned about other teams, but not anyone in the local media dare ask the same about Joe Dumars moves.

What if Joe took Gasol oppose to Affalo?, what if Joe took Ty Lawson and not Daye?, but here they are printing the mis-steps of the Wizards as to say at least the Pistons aren't the Wizards with there 0-7 losing record.

Trust me if we were 0-7 and I never had to see the likes of Tay, JMax and Has Ben on the court or BG and Stuckey starting I wouldn't mind. At least the Wizard has the full advantage of keeping all their youth on the floor. They're actually rebuilding and what is Joe doing?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Does this mean Joe and Frank are not seeing eye to eye ..

Post  Grizz Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:59 am

WISEFAN wrote:More local media propaganda from the Freep.

Well winless or not I would still rather have the Wizards roster and fire Joe. Funny how all the what if can be mentioned about other teams, but not anyone in the local media dare ask the same about Joe Dumars moves.

What if Joe took Gasol oppose to Affalo?, what if Joe took Ty Lawson and not Daye?, but here they are printing the mis-steps of the Wizards as to say at least the Pistons aren't the Wizards with there 0-7 losing record.

Trust me if we were 0-7 and I never had to see the likes of Tay, JMax and Has Ben on the court or BG and Stuckey starting I wouldn't mind. At least the Wizard has the full advantage of keeping all their youth on the floor. They're actually rebuilding and what is Joe doing?

Well stated, Cynic ... Too bad we couldnt all in person yell at these writers at a bar somewhere ...There's another Detroit Shill Hack article about how Woodson has fixed the Knicks defense .. implying that Joe D's choice shouldnt have been over-ruled by Gore and had Frank installed as head coach instead .. Funny thing is .. Tyson Chandler is 99.99% of the reason the Knicks have better defense ... How many GMs would trade L. Frank or M. Woodson (or both) to get Chandler??? Razz
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty second that!

Post  Grizz Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:01 am

Murph wrote:
Oracle wrote: I totally agree that the stench wasn't coming from the players revolting, that was just a symptom of Joe's total lack of leadership. The fish stinks from the head... Joe and Karen, and in that order.

Joe isn't mad, it's just that he, rightfully, got credit for more than he really accomplished.

Let's see, Grant Hill was leaving, and did him a service by doing a sign and trade, which allowed Joe to save some face. Grant could have just left, but both he and Doc Rivers did the right thing.

Trading Stackhouse, as others have pointed out, was mostly a salary move and a prayer. MJ knew RIP had a lot of problems, and didn't have the offensive structure to maximize his talent, but Carlisle did, and it worked.

It really was a great post, Oracle ..

Getting Chauncey was ALL Joe, and it was arguably one of the best moves he made, so I give him FULL credit here.

Getting Larry Brown to coach the Pistons was 100% Mr D.! He couldn't stand Carlisle, and made Joe jump when LB became available.

Getting Sheed was 99% Larry Brown and 1% Joe, and I'm being generous here.

Then Joe gets a massive stroke of luck as the Alternatorz had morphed into a KILLER unit that could give first units a run for their money. oddly, after winning it all, Joe NEVER found a way to rebuild a decent 2nd unit, which led to the failure to win additional championships.

So while I always say the man at the top should get the credit, no matter how it happens. At some point you need to analyze the situation, and that generally occurs when stuff goes to hell in a hand basket(like now).

I love Joe, but my simple analysis shows him wanting, and the lack of moves to date has me greatly concerned.

Joe has this season to change my mind, but after that, I'm joining the fire Joe bandwagon if nothing happens.

Good post, Oracle. That's a pretty good summary of some of the best moves from Joe's winning years.

Strangely enough, the one thing that might save Joe, is that lately he's been drafting well. If Gores has enough patience, Joe might be able to successfully rebuild though the draft.
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Draft Night Wish List

Post  Murph Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:05 am

Ok...it's never too early to look ahead to the draft (especially this year). So after taking a quick look at the big men on the mock drafts, I'm concentrating on the guys who are big, can rebound, block shots, and are rated as superior defenders.

1. Drummond (a concensus #1 pick)
2. Davis (averaging 10.6 rebounds and 4.6 block per game, as a freshman)
3. Sullinger (not the defensive force that we need, but he's big, athletic, and he rebounds and scores efficiently)
4. Henson (long and athletic, averages 9.9 boards and 3.2 blocks per game for highly ranked UNC)

2nd round candidates

1. Mason Plumlee (big and well coached in college, rebounds and blocks shots)
2. Oriakhi (good shot blocker and defender, questionable hands, a winner)
3. Aldemir (another Turk who's big and quick, excellent rebouder, supposed to be a good defender)

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:52 am

Hey Murph, good to see something besides Joe sucks (it's been covered).... I think Sullinger is like Boozer... which doesn't help our defense... however he'd be a nice draft day trade chip.
I'd add Leanard to the mix... I think his stock will rise like Williams did last year.
Drummond is telling everyone that he's coming back for one more year... that will suck if we get the #1 pick.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Draft...

Post  Murph Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:29 am

Merc...good point. If we get the 3rd, 4th, or 5th pick, we should probably trade down for a pick that will land Henson, plus other considerations.

I'm not sure about Leonard.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty and the Winner is the...........

Post  Rett Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:29 pm

Washington Wizards!

Yo, Flip and the boys are ballin....

oooops...typo
"bailin"...

The Flipster will be gone..........

Rett

Back to top Go down

Post  Rett Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:19 pm

"Well winless or not I would still rather have the Wizards roster and fire Joe. Funny how all the what if can be mentioned about other teams, but not anyone in the local media dare ask the same about Joe Dumars moves."

....O.M.G...

Wise.....face up to the truth...
You would rather have ANY roster.....besides the PISTONS!
Shi!....ANY TEAM could be winless for the rest of the season....and the Pistons in your opinion would still be the WORST....You will go to any length to discredit Joe Dumars..

Flip on over to the Wizards.............The Flipster needs your help Rolling Eyes ...YOU could be his eyes since even HE cannot watch his team :face:

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Little Rett

Post  WTF Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:29 pm

Rett wrote:"Well winless or not I would still rather have the Wizards roster and fire Joe. Funny how all the what if can be mentioned about other teams, but not anyone in the local media dare ask the same about Joe Dumars moves."

....O.M.G...

Wise.....face up to the truth...
You would rather have ANY roster.....besides the PISTONS!
Shi!....ANY TEAM could be winless for the rest of the season....and the Pistons in your opinion would still be the WORST....You will go to any length to discredit Joe Dumars..

Flip on over to the Wizards.............The Flipster needs your help Rolling Eyes ...YOU could be his eyes since even HE cannot watch his team :face:

I don't have to go to any lenght to discredit Joe he does a great job all on his own. You are such a cheerleader and it's you that need to face up to the truth and stop acting like the Daughter of Blaha all the dang time time.

Maybe you should flip Rett Twisted Evil
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty HELP

Post  deusXango Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:33 pm

Murph wrote:Merc...good point. If we get the 3rd, 4th, or 5th pick, we should probably trade down for a pick that will land Henson, plus other considerations.

Hey Murph, help me to understand the logic and purpose of trading down from the 3rd pick or 4th.....picks we earned by sucking through 66 games. If all you want is Henson wouldn't it be easier to parlay some of our unneeded players into a top 20 first rounder? Henson is slated to go from 13-20. I honestly don't understand the rational in trading back in basketball drafts, but I am sold on obtaining as many first rounders as possible.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty henson...

Post  frankied Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:57 pm

i'd pass on henson.
he reminds me of a number of similar NC big men who absolutely flop in the nba.
poor physical presence - if people thought amir got pushed around underneath, wait til what happens to henson when he gets to the nba - and a very questionable motor.
yes, he's got excellent length and decent skills for a guy his size and he has a knack for shotblocking, but every big man with a little bit of muscle is going to make henson his biotch.
he does have some talent and skill, obviously, but he performs at such a high level, largely, because of the NC system.
he reminds me of hassan whiteside, who is down in the d-league right now.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next