Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+13
Fennis Dembo
Grizz2
lemonpen
Phil-Good
deusXango
Grizz
merc
Sebastian
cool breeze
Oracle
Murph
frankied
WTF
17 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Murph wrote:The other issue that could be bothering Pistons management is this: If they move Monroe to the starting PF spot, and move Drummond to the starting center spot, that doesn't leave a lot of reserve centers on the roster. The only center we would have on the roster to back-up Drummond is Kravtsov, and quite frankly, while he's demonstrated a certain amount of potential, Kravtsov has not played all that well this fall.

So such a rotation would leave us pretty thin at the center position, and would require that Drummond play something like 32 mpg and Kravtsov something like 16 mpg. As much as I like Drummond, I don't think he's ready to play 32 mpg as our starting center, nor do I think Kravstov is ready to play 16 mpg as our reserve center.

Murph you have provided a lot of insight of late, however, I disagree with your evaluation of "The Russian" Kravtsov. This guy just arrived after playing a lot of basketball in Europe. He needs to have a period of adjustment but I like what I have seen so far this preseason from his play. Remember that Rravtsov has usually been inserted with fringe guards who are no longer with the team. "The Russian" can really run the floor well, and is tough as hell on both ends when that ball is up for grabs around the rim. If he gets to play, I am sure he will be in foul trouble a lot the way he plays. But he will punished opponents and soften them up for the group that will play in crunch time. If the coach decided to let Kravtsov into the rotation, I am sure he will beat up Maxiell withing two months. Detroit actually have six big men with Monroe, Drummond, Kravtsov, Jerebco, Maxiell, and Charlie V. Detroit is far more blessed with bigs than they have been in a long time. Monroe, Drummond, and Kravtsov can play the center position. Monroe still has a lot to prove to me on the defensive end. That is what I have been worried about. Will Monroe give up as much on defense that he is giving the Pistons on offense. The coach needs to stop this silly business of allowing Monroe to chase guards beyond the foul line on defense. Knowing Monroe's problems defending, the Pistons have to get players like Kravtsov and Drummond up to speed because it is clear that Maxiell cannot hold his own against players who are a foot taller. There are language issues involving Kravtsov right now but that can be no excuse for the coaching staff to get this big guy up to speed. What is like about "The Russian" is his nose for the basketball around the rim and his ability to alter shots. He is a extremely quick jumper and knows how to hold his own against anyone. The Pistons cannot afford to let this guy sit and get lost in the system. Detroit is going nowhere with this starting unit and everyone knows it. Playing 500 basketball for a few months in a short season last year where so many players were coasting because of the volume of games should be used as some great positive sign that players like Maxiell are going to put Detroit back on the map again. Again, the fans will control what happens. They will not come to the Palace in large numbers with the current group of starters unless the team does something fantastic. Anything less that stacking up a long string of wins will turn off Piston fans who are contemplating driving to a basketball game, paying a great deal of money, and watching the same old crew stink up the place. The fans will still come to the games if they can watch the young guys develop even if they stink up the Palace and lose a lot of games. I listened to Mr. Gores speak earlier on before the pre season games started. He made the comment that you need to lose and hang together to be able to smell the sweetness of victory. That is what those young players need to experience. They cannot do it watching Maxiell, Charlie V, Prince, Bynum, or Magette playing most of the minutes. I think that this new group of players really do have some talent and drive to improve unlike some of the other rookies that have come and gone in the past few seasons.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Murph: Centers

Post  Oracle Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:41 pm

Murph wrote:The other issue that could be bothering Pistons management is this: If they move Monroe to the starting PF spot, and move Drummond to the starting center spot, that doesn't leave a lot of reserve centers on the roster. The only center we would have on the roster to back-up Drummond is Kravtsov, and quite frankly, while he's demonstrated a certain amount of potential, Kravtsov has not played all that well this fall.

So such a rotation would leave us pretty thin at the center position, and would require that Drummond play something like 32 mpg and Kravtsov something like 16 mpg. As much as I like Drummond, I don't think he's ready to play 32 mpg as our starting center, nor do I think Kravstov is ready to play 16 mpg as our reserve center.

Murph, you bring up an execellent point, but I would like to modify your conclusion.

It's a HUGE problem placing Drummond into the starting Center spot, and moving Monroe to the PF position, but it's NOT limited to problem at the center position!

Once you put Monroe at PF, all of a sudden the competition we thought we had for PF, either forces some people out, and/or, destroys their aspirations of being a starter.

However, IMO, these are the kind of problems you want to have!

This is infinitely better than having to deal with a long developing project center, or playing a PF out of position just to field a losing team.

Now we have the opposite problem... Talented players blowing the doors off of our formerly low expectation, and kick starting the future NOW!!!

Do I think Drummond is ready to be the starter? Hell no, I'm ready for the dumb mistakes, the blown assignments, and all that goes with a rookie, and a young one at that, playing a key position!

But I also know that none of that is going to get any better by sitting on the bench, or watching Jason Maxiell of all people play in front of you.

As a matter of fact, if they started JMax ahead of Drummond, I wouldn't be suprised if it didn't have consequences in the team and in Drummond himself, who knows he's better.

So the bottom line is that your point is excellent, and you're right, this presents problems. My point is that they're GOOD problems, and I'm looking forward to seeing them solved.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Pistons vs TWolves

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:02 am

Well, at least Stuckey & Singler came to play...
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Y'ALL JUST KEEP ON...

Post  deusXango Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:53 am

All you financial advisors of Tom Gores keep standing up for Lil' Larry as a coach to guide this team through the birth pains of contending again. I call on the bean counters because, the cost of firing another coach just to hire someone who may not work out is the excuse that'll surely be given. That's cool. Mr. Gores will never get his moneys worth from a man who's stubborn, foolish, and unimaginative simply because he's an accomplished political whore. Getting your ass kissed ain't worth what your fan base is going through, and it's gonna show up at the turnstiles. Counting the occupied seats will be easier than counting the empties. He's preaching defense to a team that can't put many more points on the board than a high school team! Defense is hard work. All work, and no play, does what?? What's the offensive scheme? Who's the go to guy? Who takes the last shot on this team? Damn, I want Laimbeer! He deserves to coach this team, and develop our youth. I know it wouldn't look like it does now. I wouldn't be listening to the B.S. that's coming from the current regime. Keep on supporting him, until it becomes so apparent that he can't coach, that your kids start saying, "daddy, Lil' Larry can't coach." Can't wait for the season to start, but I hope it's not as brutal on the Pistons as it seems to be shaping up to be.

Prince, Stuckey, and Maxiell; Joe's anointed ones. Keep on finding excuses for any of them to be around for the resurrection of this franchise, and you'll be disappointed; since they've become mainstays on this team, it has leveled off at, luke warm mediocrity. We're losing more than we win people, and it's with the help of those 3!!! Yeah, I said it. While we're waiting for Tay to toddle of the floor for the last time, we can enjoy the talents of the PG that can't see the floor....oh yeah, he's been slid over to SG, for all the sense that makes; attacking the rim ain't shooting the ball, and our SG hasn't proven he can shoot. A 6' 7" PF who doesn't excell in any of the areas neccessary to to be an average paint player; never looked upon as a player who could handle more that 10-15 minutes on the floor a night....starting because the team won (how does one get credit for victory, and was not a major contributor), glue guy, they called him. You keep on Lil' Larry, I'm done.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:15 am

The PS is typically about working on blah blah... never mind we've been sucking... not much time to get it together.
If the coaches succeed we start the playoff process... if not we have a good shot at Shabazz Muhammad... not too bad either way... All I ask for is getting the young players in a positive direction and setting the foundation for the next run... no drama needed.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty a few more thoughts ..

Post  Grizz2 Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:49 am

I have had a sudden change of heart about Stuckey the player .. I just dont believe in him anymore and I hope he proves me wrong .. Why? I dont know .. He just doesnt seem to make the players around him better and that could be a totally unfair opinion .. and maybe that is on the bad head coaches he has and maybe is playing for ....I want to see him leading the team since he has supposively the best balance of talent and experience on the team and is at an age where he should be at the peak of his game ... I didnt see the game today but certainly today vs the T-Wolves, based on box score observations .. . RS was one of the best Piston out there..... Stuckey please keep making me look bad on this ..

Concerning not having a back up center . ... How about NOT having a STARTING POWER FORWARD? Which is more serious? Doesnt it make more sense to give Monroe and Drummond the lion share of minutes on the court and to pair them since this is supposed to be our future anyway? Let those 2 learn to work together and get the continuity going ..Put your best on the floor FROM the start .. and especially if they are your future anyway .. The back up minutes can be by committee until someone shows they are capable of handling it .. or Joe D makes the deal we need ..

And oh yeah .. it hurts more that that the former Piston, unathletic Budinger kicked our collective butts
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:47 am

Grizz2 wrote:I have had a sudden change of heart about Stuckey the player .. I just dont believe in him anymore and I hope he proves me wrong .. Why? I dont know .. He just doesnt seem to make the players around him better and that could be a totally unfair opinion .. and maybe that is on the bad head coaches he has and maybe is playing for ....I want to see him leading the team since he has supposively the best balance of talent and experience on the team and is at an age where he should be at the peak of his game ... I didnt see the game today but certainly today vs the T-Wolves, based on box score observations .. . RS was one of the best Piston out there..... Stuckey please keep making me look bad on this ..

Concerning not having a back up center . ... How about NOT having a STARTING POWER FORWARD? Which is more serious? Doesnt it make more sense to give Monroe and Drummond the lion share of minutes on the court and to pair them since this is supposed to be our future anyway? Let those 2 learn to work together and get the continuity going ..Put your best on the floor FROM the start .. and especially if they are your future anyway .. The back up minutes can be by committee until someone shows they are capable of handling it .. or Joe D makes the deal we need ..

And oh yeah .. it hurts more that that the former Piston, unathletic Budinger kicked our collective butts

Grizz, I am with you: Put the best players on the floor from the start and let others come off of the bench.

Starting Dre Drummond instead of Maxey and Jerebko instead of Tay, makes both OUR starting 5 and bench stronger.

Damn, how much simpler can it get, L. Frank.

And, don't forget Chase Budinger was given to the Rockets by Joe for a pair dirty sweat socks. (Damn you Joe!)
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:59 am

Oracle wrote:

Murph, you bring up an execellent point, but I would like to modify your conclusion.

It's a HUGE problem placing Drummond into the starting Center spot, and moving Monroe to the PF position, but it's NOT limited to problem at the center position!

Once you put Monroe at PF, all of a sudden the competition we thought we had for PF, either forces some people out, and/or, destroys their aspirations of being a starter.

However, IMO, these are the kind of problems you want to have!

This is infinitely better than having to deal with a long developing project center, or playing a PF out of position just to field a losing team.

Now we have the opposite problem... Talented players blowing the doors off of our formerly low expectation, and kick starting the future NOW!!!

Do I think Drummond is ready to be the starter? Hell no, I'm ready for the dumb mistakes, the blown assignments, and all that goes with a rookie, and a young one at that, playing a key position!

But I also know that none of that is going to get any better by sitting on the bench, or watching Jason Maxiell of all people play in front of you.

As a matter of fact, if they started JMax ahead of Drummond, I wouldn't be suprised if it didn't have consequences in the team and in Drummond himself, who knows he's better.

So the bottom line is that your point is excellent, and you're right, this presents problems. My point is that they're GOOD problems, and I'm looking forward to seeing them solved.

Fellas, I still contend, if Anthony Davis can start for the Hornets, then Drummond can indeed start for OUR Pistons.

I, also, have the peculiar suspension that if WE had draft John Henson's skinny ass that he would be slotted for a starter's role.

Do you all remember dumb ass John Kuester starting Daye for like the first 9-11 games of the '10-'11 season.

I realize that L. Frank is not John Kuester, but if Daye was able to start the first two weeks of the '10-'11 season at the PF position, as a skinny 21 year old, then there is no doubt in my mind that Dre Drummond, who has a grown man's frame and who carries it well can not start from Day 1 of the Pistons' 2012-2013 season.

Start Dre Drummond, dammit!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty and a few more thoughts ..

Post  deusXango Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:06 am

There are certain players in the league that should they consistently lead their team in scoring, that team will invariably lose the majority of the time; think Tayshaun Prince, or Ben Wallace, or any quality 6th man in the league. Now project the results over 82 games. Rodney Stuckey is one of those players that shouldn't consistently lead his team in scoring; look at what's happening on the floor if he does. Grizz you're absolutely right, Stuckey does not make the players around him better; his game is not dynamic, and he doesn't pass the damn ball. This has nothing to do with the coaching!!

Has Lil' Larry gotten over the ass whipping we put on the Nets back in the day? He is, after all, a Jersey boy, not a Detroiter; getting paid here to make bonehead decisions for the Pistons doesn't make him a Detroiter.

Did Joe Dumars go back to sleep, or what? There's been no decisions made for the teams advancement coming from the front office, since the Ben Gordon trade; Jonny Flynn and Terrence Williams, that's it?

Halloween may be spookier than we all imagine; just take a trip to the Palace on opening night.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Ugh!

Post  Murph Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:14 am

Man...I didn't see the game, but that one looked like a real stinker last night. We shot 33% and got out-rebounded by 17.

Only Stuckey showed up last night. And I agree with DX that if Stuckey is the only Pistons playing well, we aren't going to win many games. The Pistons need balanced scoring to win.

I thought Frank's rotation was revealing, for who didn't play last night. The only Pistons to not play were Villanueva, Middleton and the injured Maggette. Does that mean those three will be stuck on the inactive list at the beginning of the season? scratch

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty WTF, More Tay and Maxey?!?!?!

Post  Sebastian Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:38 am

There has got to be someway in this age of Social Media for US fans to present/direct OUR displeasure in mass to the Pistons brass with L. Frank’s continued insistence on starting Maxey and Tay, instead of Dre Drummond and Jerebko.

It is a damn shame that empty seats at the Palace and a shitty start to the season may the only way to convey OUR collective dissatisfaction.

By the time, OUR Pistons are 5-15 after the first 20 games, it will be to damn late!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty SFs

Post  Murph Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:54 am

merc wrote:The PS is typically about working on blah blah... never mind we've been sucking... not much time to get it together.
If the coaches succeed we start the playoff process... if not we have a good shot at Shabazz Muhammad... not too bad either way... All I ask for is getting the young players in a positive direction and setting the foundation for the next run... no drama needed.

Good post.

If we suck this year, I'd be very happy drafting Shabazz Muhammed or James McAdoo...or even Otto Porter or Alex Poythress, depending on how Poythress plays his freshman year at KY.

In fact, this year's draft is loaded with small forwards.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:15 pm

Murph wrote:
merc wrote:The PS is typically about working on blah blah... never mind we've been sucking... not much time to get it together.

Good post.

If we suck this year, I'd be very happy drafting Shabazz Muhammed or James McAdoo...or even Otto Porter or Alex Poythress, depending on how Poythress plays his freshman year at KY.

Murph with all due respect, I personally am not feeling the "play like shit this season, so that WE are in position to draft a one-and-doner," during th3 2013 Draft.

First off, the season hasn't even started and to enter the season with an eye to the last Wednesday in June 2013 (the Draft), is not the way to tip-off this season;

and secondly, if WE are refusing to start Dre Drummond then what makes US fans so sure that if WE are fortunate to draft a one-and-doner that he (whoever he may be) will start or get quality minutes, next season.

All in all, not an optimistic viewpoint.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Stuff

Post  Murph Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:46 pm

Sebastian wrote:
Murph wrote:

Good post.

Murph with all due respect, I personally am not feeling the "play like shit this season, so that WE are in position to draft a one-and-doner," during th3 2013 Draft.

First off, the season hasn't even started and to enter the season with an eye to the last Wednesday in June 2013 (the Draft), is not the way to tip-off this season;

and secondly, if WE are refusing to start Dre Drummond then what makes US fans so sure that if WE are fortunate to draft a one-and-doner that he (whoever he may be) will start or get quality minutes, next season.

Sebastian...good point.

Personally, I would perfer it if the Pistons make the playoffs also, but if they don't it's not the end of the world. If we miss, we'll get to keep our lotter pick in a draft loaded with SFs.

I tuned into the Rockets/Hornets game last night to see to how Jeremy Lin was recovering from his knee surgery. And I was surprised to see Royce White suited up and playing. What's the old Mark Twain quote? "Rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated."

Also, Omer Asik was a moster for the Rockets pulling down 14 boards. I know DX was high on Asik.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:30 pm

Murph wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
Murph wrote:

Good post.

Sebastian...good point.

Personally, I would perfer it if the Pistons make the playoffs also, but if they don't it's not the end of the world. If we miss, we'll get to keep our lotter pick in a draft loaded with SFs.

I tuned into the Rockets/Hornets game last night to see to how Jeremy Lin was recovering from his knee surgery. And I was surprised to see Royce White suited up and playing. What's the old Mark Twain quote? "Rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated."

Also, Omer Asik was a moster for the Rockets pulling down 14 boards. I know DX was high on Asik.

Murph, I too, was checking out the Hornets/Rockets game, more or less scouting the Rockets, as WE play them OUR two times, during the first two weeks of the season.

The Hornets have a very young team and practically no valid starter at the "3". Aminu was out and Hakim Warrick is slotted as a three, further neither is an answer as a starting "3". The Hornets started both, Lance Thomas and Darrius Miles and neither one of these dudes is a starter in the League.

So, it made me wonder if they would like a steady vet (Tay) as their starting three for a future draft pick(s).

Moving Tay would open up needed space on OUR roster.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Goodbye Stern, and could you...

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Kiss my arse on your way out the door?

Commissioner Stern to step down in February 2014; Board backs Silver as successor!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Stuckey

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:05 pm

My reaction to Stuckey was kind of opposite to what's been posted in the wake of that arse kicking in Minny.

I saw one player show up big, and Singler show up bigger than I thought he would, and our main stars shrink on the road.

I don't think the story is that Stuckey playing good is bad for the team, but why in the world did Knight & Monroe suck so bad!

What's Stuckey supposed to do, play bad just to fit in?

I know Knight said he's trying to get others involved, but he's looked terrible, and Moose is off and on.

I know it's just preseason, but I find it hard to jump on those that played well, and totally excuse the horrid play of others.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Minny

Post  lemonpen Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Oracle wrote:My reaction to Stuckey was kind of opposite to what's been posted in the wake of that arse kicking in Minny.

I saw one player show up big, and Singler show up bigger than I thought he would, and our main stars shrink on the road.

I don't think the story is that Stuckey playing good is bad for the team, but why in the world did Knight & Monroe suck so bad!

I know Knight said he's trying to get others involved, but he's looked terrible, and Moose is off and on.

I know it's just preseason, but I find it hard to jump on those that played well, and totally excuse the horrid play of others.

Oracle,

did you see the game? I only followed it online. Did our starting bigs get their azzes kicked in the 1st qtr as thouroughly as the stats indicate. Minny 24 pts/8 Reb, Pistons 2 pts/ 3 Reb.

Watching the Tigers and Pistons las night was pure tourture.

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Minny

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:10 pm

lemonpen, I didn't have a chance to watch the game, but I did notice that Drummond played less than 9 minutes, which appears strange to me since Minny is one of the larger teams.

BTW, watching the Tigers get their arses handed to them almost put me in therapy!

As I type, I'm watching the game, and it's tight!

No score going into the bottom of the 7th!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty QUOTE FROM LIL' LARRY

Post  deusXango Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:26 am

"If a guy is not giving the required effort it takes to win, then you have to get the next guy a chance, right?" Frank said. "Now that may not impact the rotation or maybe it does. Maybe that's the door that's open. But as a coach, your loyalty is to the team. It can't be to any individual. For us as a building team, we have to make sure every night we're bringing it."

-Lil Larry

Classic case of a fool trying to play the wise man. After a summer of hard work, by the youngsters in particular, and a pre-season of experimenting and evaluation, this is the rotation you came up with; this is the starting 5 you determined to be the best, Lil' Larry! Where is your "team loyalty" displayed? You seem to have favored a couple of non-productive individuals over some hard working team members. (Maxiell over Drummond, and Prince over Jerebko/Singler/Middleton) "May not impact the rotation or maybe it does." What the hell does that mean? Villanueva? Daye? Two 6' 10"+ players that want to play SG. Stretch 4's is not what we need when we're getting our butts kicked on the boards like we did in Minny!!!

Lil' Larry, you may fool some of the fans, with that jibber-jabber, but not the realistic, knowledgeable ones, and what are the team players thinking; what are they quietly saying among themselves? The hard workers? The ones who show up early and stay late? The ones who demonstrate in practice sessions that they get it? We talk about Monroe and Knight not improving, but could it be that they're tired? Tired of being handicapped and hamstrung by a double talking coach who plays favoritism with the team that they're supposed to lead?! We are talking two smart, talented, hard working, basketball players, who are going to be as professional as they know how.

It's a rare opportunity, to be a coach in the NBA, and I would like to see Lil' Larry make the most of the opportunity given him; it's in that spirit that I say to him, "step up your game!!!!"
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty TRY THIS EXPERIMENT TONIGHT

Post  deusXango Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:45 am

Center/PF-Greg Monroe

PF/Center-Andre Drummond

SF-Jonas Jebrebko

SG-Rodney Stuckey

PG-Brandon Knight

Bigs off the bench: Krastov and Maxiell

SF: Singler

SG: Middleton/English

Point forward: Prince

Juggle the bigs according to the flow of the game, and go with the "hot hand" at SG. What can happen that hasn't happened before?[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Well Said, DX!

Post  Grizz2 Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:45 am

deusXango wrote:"If a guy is not giving the required effort it takes to win, then you have to get the next guy a chance, right?" Frank said. "Now that may not impact the rotation or maybe it does. Maybe that's the door that's open. But as a coach, your loyalty is to the team. It can't be to any individual. For us as a building team, we have to make sure every night we're bringing it."

-Lil Larry

Classic case of a fool trying to play the wise man. After a summer of hard work, by the youngsters in particular, and a pre-season of experimenting and evaluation, this is the rotation you came up with; this is the starting 5 you determined to be the best, Lil' Larry! Where is your "team loyalty" displayed? You seem to have favored a couple of non-productive individuals over some hard working team members. (Maxiell over Drummond, and Prince over Jerebko/Singler/Middleton) "May not impact the rotation or maybe it does." What the hell does that mean? Villanueva? Daye? Two 6' 10"+ players that want to play SG. Stretch 4's is not what we need when we're getting our butts kicked on the boards like we did in Minny!!!

Lil' Larry, you may fool some of the fans, with that jibber-jabber, but not the realistic, knowledgeable ones, and what are the team players thinking; what are they quietly saying among themselves? The hard workers? The ones who show up early and stay late? The ones who demonstrate in practice sessions that they get it? We talk about Monroe and Knight not improving, but could it be that they're tired? Tired of being handicapped and hamstrung by a double talking coach who plays favoritism with the team that they're supposed to lead?! We are talking two smart, talented, hard working, basketball players, who are going to be as professional as they know how.

It's a rare opportunity, to be a coach in the NBA, and I would like to see Lil' Larry make the most of the opportunity given him; it's in that spirit that I say to him, "step up your game!!!!"

DX .. my only hope is that Franks says the sports cliches but doesnt really intend to do that .. I doubt anyone is saying that Drummond is lazier than Jmax or Prince works harder than JJ .. so his line up as implied by Goodwill doesnt hold up to his cliche .. What should determine playing time for a REBUILDING team is where your future is .. and effort .. potential talent HAS to be a major consideration .. and in Drummond's case ... potential is beyond anyone by far on the current Pistons' roster and present ability as a BIG is 2nd only to Monroe ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Touche

Post  Grizz2 Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:53 am

Oracle wrote:

Oracle .. Good retort to me dissing Stuckey .. Nothing to say back to that ...

Been worried about Knight since the last 2 months of the season .. I wasnt expecting a lot of progress but .. he seemed better in the first month of the season than the last ... That makes me think less of Frank as in what is Frank doing to improve Knight's game as far as his system goes and technical points of playing PG in the NBA goes ..

I guess none of us like seeing the Timberwolves rout the Pistons even in pre-season .. If I were going just on pre-season play .. where we only beat some really bad teams in the Magic and the Bobcats and not by a lot .. It looks like we are starting out about the 5th worst team in the NBA .. And I hate seeing Drummond playing 8 minutes in any game .. THIS GUY IS THE KEY TO OUR FUTURE ..

Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Would be happy with this line up ..

Post  Grizz2 Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:55 am

deusXango wrote:Center/PF-Greg Monroe

PF/Center-Andre Drummond

SF-Jonas Jebrebko

SG-Rodney Stuckey

PG-Brandon Knight

Bigs off the bench: Krastov and Maxiell

SF: Singler

SG: Middleton/English

Point forward: Prince

Juggle the bigs according to the flow of the game, and go with the "hot hand" at SG. What can happen that hasn't happened before?[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

DX, hope little Larry gets your suggestion ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty SICKENING QUOTE

Post  Grizz2 Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:17 am

Count Pistons coach Lawrence Frank among those who saluted Stern as he announced he'll step away on Feb. 1, 2014. Frank called Stern, "the best commissioner of all time."

"I have so much admiration for what he's done for the league," Frank said. "His legacy, there's not a better commissioner in all of sports."

Now I dont like Frank for saying some brown nose crap like that .. Mad Stern FIXED GAMES .. Twisted Evil I guess Frank figures he will need a NBA league office job someday after he has proven he doesnt know how to coach the Pistons .. L.Frank, I just lost half my confidence that you are the right coach for this team .. Kuester

Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next