Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+13
Fennis Dembo
Grizz2
lemonpen
Phil-Good
deusXango
Grizz
merc
Sebastian
cool breeze
Oracle
Murph
frankied
WTF
17 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Winnable game

Post  Grizz2 Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:20 am

WISEFAN wrote:This just proves my point that Drummond should be starting and perhaps even Singler for that matter. I also go back to my point of a 3 guard rotation which is my annual plea. I'm also not sure I would be sitting CV and not JMax in his place. This was a winnable home game and we lost itand it had everything to do with coaching and rotation.

Cynic .. all good points .. it was a winnable game .. I only saw the highlights(working at the time) so I did not see who was matched up with whom .. Glad Singler got some minutes .. Drummond needs more than 12 minutes a game ..and the Pistons need Drummond more than 12 minutes ... Which 3 guards would you want in the rotation? If it were up to me .. English would be the starting SG with Knight as starting PG ... I have been down on Bynum .. but maybe keep him at the very end of quarters 1, 2, and 3 ... for 3 or 4 minutes ... Stuckey backs up both Knight and English as SG and PG .. Keeping youth on the bench only wrecks their development and the future of the team .. Veteran pecking order be damned .. We are going to lose anyway with the vets ... so we might as up the progress of the youth as the team's number one priority ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty DX ... Frank does not feel brave enough to do the right thing ....

Post  Grizz2 Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:24 am

deusXango wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:If Gores think 16,000 will be showing up to watch Prince and JMax play 30 plus minutes he better think again. You would hope your season opener would be a sellout but the Pistons fell 7,000 fans short. I wonder if a starting drummond would have generated those 7,000, but it seems to be business as usual with JMax and Prince starting. Fans are still waiting on the real rebuild to happen here and not the status quo of trying to look respectable with non-producing vets inserted in the starting lineup.

Singler should have played 37 minutes last night and Drummond should have played more than the 18 minutes he got last night. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Everything that happened from the gate to the floor, last night, was due to the decisions of Lil' Larry (hand-picked coach by Gores and his team). Who among you really expect things to get better, if the team continues down the path it's traveling? Are Gores expectations fair and realistic? A lot of posters feel that Lil' Larry is well liked by the team, but can he coach? Who feels that Joe Dumars is doing a better job by continueing to sit on his fat ass (like the last 5 years), and not making any moves; how many contending franchises are practitioners of patience? How many elite stars of the game are sold on patience, when it comes to building a competitive team?

When will Tom Gores demand that Dumars resolve the embarrassments that are Villanueva and Daye? When will Joe Dumars demand that Lil' Larry play his chosen bigs (Drummond, Singler, and Kravstov) in more prominent roles? When will Lawrence Frank display that he has a pair, and bring Prince off the bench as a point forward, and sit Bynum?

I suppose because the vets have been here longer than he has, Frank will not easily cast aside the vets and will wait until things go bad for many games before he gets with what he should have done a month ago .. For myself, I could live with Prince, Jmax, Daye, CM, CV, and even Bynum being given their outright release ... the next best thing being benching them .. Of course, as you suggest, a trade would be great if we didnt end taking on someone else's problems .. Bynum showed up today for sure so ... but in the long scheme of things .. he does not have a future here .. so ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty DETROIT GUARDS

Post  deusXango Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:49 am

Who's here to teach Brandon Knight the fine points of playing PG? Stuckey? Dee Brown? Lil' Larry??!! He's a scorer, plain and simple, and should be "slid" over to SG now before he becomes damaged (like a lot of fans believe Stuckey is). If Joe is still stuck on Stuckey being a focal point of the Pistons future, then trade Knight before he looses his value; I personally am opposed to letting him go for any reason. How do we know that Middleton is "a poor ball handler?" Where's the proof of that statement? He's got what it takes to become an elite SG in this league, if given a chance, and there's evidence to support that statement. In any event, we're still dealing with that nonsense Joe Dumars came up with to justify loading up on SG's and no PG's in sight; "there's no need for traditional PG's any longer," he said. Balderdash!! We need a starting PG and backup PG who can direct an offense...damn the slashing and shooting, how about the passing and getting the team involved? Of all the guards on the team, there is none that're better offensive facilitators than an "old" forward (Tayshaun Prince). Without consistant, well balanced, guard play, we won't see the playoffs this year or any other for that matter; balanced guard play is important on this level of competition.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Game 1 Notes

Post  lemonpen Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:24 pm

In essence my wishes were answered. The kids received real rotation type playing time, and they looked like they belonged. They gave as good as they got and wound up playing even with the opponent.

THE GOOD:
- BK7’s D made Lin look really bad at several times.
- English also had some really good 1 on 1 stops of Harden.
- Singler & English displayed a tight all-around game.
- Jerebco can do more than play the role of “ALL HUSTLE” crowd favorite. His skills have improved.

THE BAD:
- Crappy player recognition. We generally allowed the Bearded One to be delivered the ball without distraction or attempted denial. Might have been a different outcome if we had forced Lin to go against BK7 more often.
- Crappy player recognition. How many consecutive 3 balls did Delfino have to hit before receiving just a modicum of attention.
- Stuckey’s game plan looked like the same old battering ram approach. Ugly and ineffective.
- G money’s refusal to take the open elbow J is killing our offense at crunch time. As soon as he touches the ball his defender is sinking back closer to the hoop knowing Monroe wants to drive.
- Note to Lil Larry. Your weak side guard cannot recover to the arc in time when he has one foot in the lane. By the way, your weak side guard ain’t really helping protect the lane anyway.
- Andre had too many TO’s and bad F’s.
- Poor crunch time leadership.
- No crunch time GO-TO guy.

All in all I'm encouraged.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Rotating Guards

Post  WTF Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Grizz2 wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:This just proves my point that Drummond should be starting and perhaps even Singler for that matter. I also go back to my point of a 3 guard rotation which is my annual plea. I'm also not sure I would be sitting CV and not JMax in his place. This was a winnable home game and we lost itand it had everything to do with coaching and rotation.

Cynic .. all good points .. it was a winnable game .. I only saw the highlights(working at the time) so I did not see who was matched up with whom .. Glad Singler got some minutes .. Drummond needs more than 12 minutes a game ..and the Pistons need Drummond more than 12 minutes ... Which 3 guards would you want in the rotation? If it were up to me .. English would be the starting SG with Knight as starting PG ... I have been down on Bynum .. but maybe keep him at the very end of quarters 1, 2, and 3 ... for 3 or 4 minutes ... Stuckey backs up both Knight and English as SG and PG .. Keeping youth on the bench only wrecks their development and the future of the team .. Veteran pecking order be damned .. We are going to lose anyway with the vets ... so we might as up the progress of the youth as the team's number one priority ..

It's not that I don't like Bynum it's more that I believe in the concept of rotating only 3 guards unless foul trouble or injury dictates otherwise. Bynum's stats don't demandhe gets playing time or that it's even worth rotating 4 guards in the rotation. The issue with why AI, Rip and Stuckey didn't work was forcing PT to Bynum, and this goes the same with why it did work with Rip, Stuckey and Ben or Knight, Ben and Stuckey. This will never work if coaches are insistent of feeding PT to Bynum. This is Joe's fault mainly because of the salary he pay's Bynum can't be justified if he sits on the end of the bench.

The 3 guard rotation was case also with Rip, CB and Hunter, adding James in the mix didn't hurt becuase he and Hunter brought a whole different monkey to the back-court. They were damn good lockdown defenders who happen to get hot offensively from time to time. Bynum is more of a disruption to chemistry to Knight, Stuckey and now English.

If you really take a hard look at contending teams entire seasons, they are truly only rotating 3 gaurds during the season and especially in the playoff. It's really about simplifying your rotation and offense, Frank like many will over thinking and mix and matching rotations all season. You find your top 9 and you ride them and hope you have the right pieces on you bench when you need them.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Ring!! Ring!! Ring!

Post  Phil-Good Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:12 pm

Hello. Hi, this is Phil1980GM. How are you doing Sacramento Kings? I have Austin Daye, and R.Stuckey over here with they bags packed. Can I send them over there and you send me back Ty Evans?

Thanks! God Bless. Nice talking with you. Have A great day.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty SHAT UP P-BOY

Post  WTF Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:31 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:Hello. Hi, this is Phil1980GM. How are you doing Sacramento Kings? I have Austin Daye, and R.Stuckey over here with they bags packed. Can I send them over there and you send me back Ty Evans?

Thanks! God Bless. Nice talking with you. Have A great day.

Boy seems like only yesterday you were sucking Stuckey and Joe's drawers on how he would be the super star PG of the universe facepalm

Does that GM at the end of PissBoy stand for Good Move?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty You're....

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Damn right!!!

How long did it take Frank to recognize that the Rockets were making a strong run? After they took the lead!

Did he adjust his personnel, alter his defense, pull his team aside and tell them that right now, every possession needs to be played like it's a playoff game?

No, he just wet his pants and watched the Harden & Delfino 3pt show!

News Flash to Frank: You don't have a go to player(yet)! We don't have a close to sure thing in the post(Drummond) yet, because if you don't develop him, we'll NEVER have one!

Singler, English & maybe Middleton NEED to be developed, they're the shooters!

News Flash to Frank: Stuckey can't shoot! He did have a nice move on the baseline, yeah, it was sweet, but it was lonely, since Stuckey can't repeat success too often. As a SG, Stuckey is wanting! As in wanting to be moved out of here!

Ok, our reactions may see to be over the top, except for the fact that most of us predicted these type of results if Frank played it conservative.

It is early, and like lemonpen, I was actually surprised and impressed withe the amount of PT the youngsters got, so Frank did do something right!

Still, he gets an overall "Fail" for his lack of end game coaching... it was just plain TUURRIBLE!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty lemonpen

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:16 pm

Note to Lil Larry. Your weak side guard cannot recover to the arc in time when he has one foot in the lane. By the way, your weak side guard ain’t really helping protect the lane anyway.

This was perplexing to me as well (not to mention our overall poor defensive performance)!

His guards have one foot in the paint, trying to supposedly guard players that are way out on the far wing? WTF???

There's no way they can recover when the opposing team swings the ball around!

Those Frank coached Nets team did feature some good defense, and last year they were better than we saw last night, so hopefully, they'll get better defensively.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Mike Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Oracle wrote:
Note to Lil Larry. Your weak side guard cannot recover to the arc in time when he has one foot in the lane. By the way, your weak side guard ain’t really helping protect the lane anyway.

This was perplexing to me as well (not to mention our overall poor defensive performance)!

His guards have one foot in the paint, trying to supposedly guard players that are way out on the far wing? WTF???

There's no way they can recover when the opposing team swings the ball around!.

I agree on the guards defensive strategy. Its ridiculous how they are always half-guarding the 3 pt line and half-guarding the paint, because the end result is that they are always guarding no one. And Frank wonders why our 3 pt defense is so bad all the time. It seems to me that if he values paint defense more than 3 pt defense, as indicated by him consistently shading his perimeter defenders into the paint, then he would probably enjoy having a 7 foot defensive anchor that doesn't need guard help like Drummond. However, he choose not to play him. Instead he chooses to play a porous defensive frontcourt of Monroe/Maxiell/Jerebko and have to send help with his guards to cover for them, and then give up open 3's all game.

Frank overcomplicates and overthinks everything. When you have an anchor like Drummond, all you need is to play man defense and stay home on the 3pt shooters. If someone gets beat Drummond will be there to try and clean it up. This guards jumping back/forth between the paint and the 3 pt line all game thing has got to go. Sure Drummond is raw, but he's the best we got right now in the defensive anchor department, and he should be allowed to play through his mistakes just like Monroe and Knight. Its not like they didn't struggle too last night. But both got 36 min anyways.

Mike

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty The Good-Bad- & the Ugly

Post  cool bre Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:56 pm

The good:
Kim English and Kyle Singler
Singler knows whre the ball is going on defense which is something that Stuckey has yet to figure out. He was not productive in the second half because nobody would or could pass the basketball. Kim English was the player who turned around the first half when the Pistons were about 10 points down. He did it with defense stealing the basketball from Harden twice within one minute of play. And he hit some nice shots within the offense. English and Singler are both smart basketball players with heart.

The bad:
The Piston big men as a group sucked. Monroe lost concentration on defense and was never a force on offense. Maxiell did some good things but he is what he is which is not that good. Jerebco did not have a good game although on defense he was often forced to switch off his man to defend another Piston player's man because that player lost concentration and was out of position. Drummond is excused because this was his first real NBA game. He was not really effective at all but should still get the call over the other bigs just to gain experience.

The Ugly:
Will Bynum played well in the first half bringing a spark to the team. I thought what is this. Has Will changed? His defense is never good but he made some plays. This of course was fools gold. During halftime, the Houston coach filled his players in on how Bynum plays basketball. In the second half, Bynum was the old bynum. He is not a point guard and never will be a point guard. The Pistons have no offense. This is street basketball at the very worst sports fans. That is the game that Stuckey and Bynum play. They cannot function in any organized offense. Stuckey gets the award for the worst player on the floor for both teams in this game. Maybe he will score 30 points in the next game. But it makes no difference. Stuckey was billed as the Pistons best player but he appeared "CONFUSED" on both ends of the floor. He could not guard Harden. English was effective on Harden. That was the key to the game. Stuckey could not defend Harden. Stuckey caused the offense to become disrupted. He was confused. And Stuckey is our ace player. The pressure is mounting on Joe Dumars and Rodney Stuckey. Dumars risked everything for Stuckey.

The Piston announcers seemed to lack insight on the way the game was going. It was funny that Kelser did not mention the key thing in the first half that worked. English was effective on Harden. How about Kelser saying where is Rodney Stuckey? No the Piston announcers have marching orders. They cannot tell the fans what is really going on.

Is there hope? Yes the Pistons have some effective players. Frank needs to find the right combinations. He needs to play the Russian, English, Singler and Drummond and let the loses pile up. Who cares? That group of starters have never played anywhere near playoff caliber basketball together. Why should the coaching staff believe anything would change this year?

cool bre

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:18 pm

Mike wrote:
Oracle wrote:

There's no way they can recover when the opposing team swings the ball around!.

I agree on the guards defensive strategy. Its ridiculous how they are always half-guarding the 3 pt line and half-guarding the paint, because the end result is that they are always guarding no one. And Frank wonders why our 3 pt defense is so bad all the time. It seems to me that if he values paint defense more than 3 pt defense, as indicated by him consistently shading his perimeter defenders into the paint, then he would probably enjoy having a 7 foot defensive anchor that doesn't need guard help like Drummond. However, he choose not to play him. Instead he chooses to play a porous defensive frontcourt of Monroe/Maxiell/Jerebko and have to send help with his guards to cover for them, and then give up open 3's all game.

Frank overcomplicates and overthinks everything. When you have an anchor like Drummond, all you need is to play man defense and stay home on the 3pt shooters. If someone gets beat Drummond will be there to try and clean it up. This guards jumping back/forth between the paint and the 3 pt line all game thing has got to go. Sure Drummond is raw, but he's the best we got right now in the defensive anchor department, and he should be allowed to play through his mistakes just like Monroe and Knight. Its not like they didn't struggle too last night. But both got 36 min anyways.

Mike, the only flaw in your rational analysis is Drummond can't do a damn thing while sitting on the bench.

Why in the hell, little stubborn ass Larry will not play Dre Drummond and Moose together is lost to anybody with a set of eyes?

Last night effort was atrocious!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Harden 37, Stuckey 9!!!

Post  Sebastian Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:30 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Whatever Sour Synic!

Post  Phil-Good Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:17 pm

I said and I still stand by the fact that moving Mr Big Shot in the Ego was A great Trade. Now what Joe did with that cap space was bad but the trade Idea was and still is A great move.

Point blank period!And I do like Stuckey game. Do I see him as the 2 guard moving forward no! Do I see him As A really good trade chip like Jerry Stackhouse was to land one of the Pistons all time scorers in RIP Hamilton? YES!

And that's what I'm looking for. A big trade with the center part being Rod Stuckey.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:31 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:I said and I still stand by the fact that moving Mr Big Shot in the Ego was A great Trade. Now what Joe did with that cap space was bad but the trade Idea was and still is A great move.

Point blank period!And I do like Stuckey game. Do I see him as the 2 guard moving forward no! Do I see him As A really good trade chip like Jerry Stackhouse was to land one of the Pistons all time scorers in RIP Hamilton? YES!

And that's what I'm looking for. A big trade with the center part being Rod Stuckey.

We should try to trade Stuckey to SAC for Tyreke Evans. The Kings didn't pick up his option, so they'll likely be looking to trade him by February to get something for him. Stuckey would be a pretty good replacement option, and his contract is very reasonable. Plus SAC probably likes him being that everytime they see him play he scores like 35 pts against them, lol. Fortunately for us, they only see the good Stuckey and may not be aware of the real Stuckey that we know.

Mike

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Harden 37, Stuckey 9!!!

Post  deusXango Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Sebastian, that was absolutely priceless!!! Thanks for the belly-laugh.

Mike, I don't know who you are or where you came from, but you damn sure came on strong! I'm really impressed with your knowledge/insight of the game, and your breakdown of the coaching deficiencies (particularly on the defensive end). Keep up the good work, and continue to bring it.

Good people, Lil' Larry was never a hell of a defensive coach in New Jersey, he just had some naturally good defensive players (ie. Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson, and Jason Kidd). When you've got fierce defensive play coming from your PG, SF, and PF, it's gonna make your coaching abilities look better than they actually are; the rubber met the road when those hard working players got tired of Lil' Larry's rhertoric, and started being obedient to what he was preaching (nothing of substance). It's a matter of record what the outcome was. It's gonna become apparent that Lil' Larry is incapable of making the hard decisions (with the teams best interest being served), or make adjustments on the fly. He's not a creative offensive minded coach, and his defensive prowess is yet to be determined; as of right now, I'm one fan who believes he can't coach. Politic? Hell yes! Coach? Hell no!!

Yeaa for the young'uns....they showed up well for the team. I'd love to see more, and a lot more practical balance with their implimentation. Why is Middleton being hidden? Why (after needing/wanting some big men) aren't Drummond and Kravstov being developed under game conditions? I had this flight of fancy where I suggested to Lil' Larry that he start Monroe, Drummond, and Singler across the frontline, and Knight and Middleton in the backcourt; he said, "okay. How will I complete my rotation?" I went on to tell him that Stuckey and English would be quite a backup backcourt (a slasher and outside shooter) with good size for defense, and Kravstov and J.J. sould complete his 9 man rotation. Develop those guys, and by the all-star break he'd have a team to be reckoned with. "What about my seasoned vets," he said? I told him that his GM signed/hired 15 men to make up the team he was to coach as he saw fit, and he was under a mandate from the teams owner to win. Win. Win and make the playoffs. The owners wishes come first because he's paying everybody; the GM's job is to handle or disposition the vets, regardless of them playing or not. You work for the owner, not the GM. Like I said, a flight of fancy, nothing more.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Harden Busted Stuckey's ASS Last Night! That's A fact!

Post  Phil-Good Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:03 pm

Stuckey was not really aggressive at all! James Harden flat out Busted Stuckey's ass!

That's Man to Man, punch you in the mouth, what the hell you going to do to stop it basketball.

And James Harden won with no problems. Stuckey has to take that personal. Like it or not The Moose and Stuckey are the leading shot takers and scorers for this Pistons team as of today. Moose is ready. Stuckey has to step it up!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Stuff...

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:12 pm

@DX - I agree with you about Mike! If that's his entrance to the forum, I'm loving every minute of it!

On Larry, you're probably right, he had players that brought it defensively, I know they gave us fits! However, you still need a coach that wants and reinforces defensive principles, so I'll give him that.

But I'm really in your camp of not quite believing in Frank. I really want to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I have, but deep down, I just don't trust him. I will say he's the best we've had since Flip left, but considering the buffoons Joe hired, that isn't saying much!

@Seb - I got a good solid laugh too, but then I realized what you said was true, and it sobered me up! BTW, you left off what Joe said after making that statement! Joe said, "Hey Gores, you gonna eat that last jelly filled?"

@Phil1980boy - I give you credit for coming around on Stuckey. I too think he's still a decent player, but off the bench. And yes, a Stackhouse like trade would be more than I could hope for! I'd take Tyreke Evans, because he has the potential to become a "Go To" player in the right system.

@Don(aka Cool Breeze) - I too loved what English and Singler brought! These guys need a decent portion of PT to develop, and I bet we'll all love the result!

Monroe & JMax's defensive effort leaves a LOT to be desired. I don't think Monroe will ever have the lateral speed to be a great defender, but he can still become a good defender, but his technique is horrible right now(he's young, so there's hope). jMax on the other hand, is at his peak, and the only way to improve his defense is to replace him with someone with size that can defend.

Yeah Bynum is a turd sometimes, but I wanted him in there because at least he has the nerve to try and create a shot, instead of just stand around like everybody else. You don't need a superstar, you just need a star player that WANTS the ball in crunch time!

Unfortunately, we have a lot of role players in the starting lineup!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Mike

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:48 pm

Mike, what you said about using Drummond is VERY important.

I'm sure everybody remembers the record setting defense the Pistons played under LB, and even Flip!

Why were we so good?

Well, when you have two bigs in the frontcourt that can defend the basket like Big Ben & Sheed, your guards can afford to play agressive gambling defense!

That means that they can contest everything, go for steals, and generally harass the opponents into mistakes with little fear that if they get beat, it's the end of the world.

We have three bigs that NEED to gain chemistry together, and practice defending the paint. One(Drummond) is naturally gifted with that ability now, and just needs practice.

The longer we delay this process, the longer we'll get broken down regularly... just saying!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty THE PRACTICE of PATIENCE

Post  deusXango Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:36 pm

Practicing patience=procrastination....people that procrastinate are people that don't get sh!t done. A prime example of that is Joe Dumars. Think about it.

I can't believe Joe got his finger in so many people's eye by trading Ben Gordon. That's it??!! Look at the total makeup of that trade, if it stands alone. No way should that be the total effort of our GM to put this team on the right track....until the trade deadline. Drummond is not scheduled to start, until the trade deadline. Monroe will be moved to the PF slot, at the trade deadline. We'll move Daye, or Maxiell, or Villanueva, or whoever, at the trade deadline. Every great event to happen in Pistons land is to take place, at the trade deadline; if the season started Halloween, why are we waiting until February 2nd to make moves? Are we buying time to not do anything? People that procrastinate don't get sh!t done.

We've got a first round draft pick that needs replacing, and we have enough talent to deal with a bottom feeder to obtain that 1st rounder. We're not gonna trade Bynum for DWade, but we can damn sure trade Prince or Stuckey to a bottom feeder for their 1st rounder...it's a reason they're where they historically end up. Enough people, from the media to the fans, have questioned why Drummond hasn't been paired with Monroe, (even in the pre-season) to make it mandatory that Joe step in and tell his coach to play it that way. We went to the wilds of the Ukraine to bring back a young hungry beast of a big man, to sit in a suit on our bench? We've been feeding from the bottom lately for the lack of big man play. I don't think we need to be talking 3 guard rotations as much as 3 bigs rotation! Monroe, Drummond, Kravstov...we got 'em, play 'em. Yeah, we can use Tyreke Evans, like we could have used James Harden, like we can use Josh Smith, but we find things wrong with these players; can't see why we take so long in recognizing the short-comings of players like Stuckey, Maxiell, and Daye, but rather keep making excuses for them to stick around and in some cases get pay raises. We procrastinate until they grow on us...a form of subliminal suggestion; if we got 'em they must be good, right?

Joe needs to be acting now on making things right, after all this is about the time he began making things go wrong when he traded for Allen Iverson. Trade Stuckey, Prince, and Daye for Josh Smith, and if he doesn't work out this year, we can always say it was for his expiring contract. Do something other than practice patience.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty 4th Quarter Collapse

Post  Sparma2 Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:49 pm

I started watching at the wrong time, just as the collapse started. Didn't look like guards (Detroit's!!) had much of a plan and the defense looked horrid during that stretch. It will get better, with Singler, English, and Drummond, all likely to contribute this season, but probably not until after this West Coast swing. I expect another poor start (not as bad as last year!) which will secure our top pick this year.

Sparma2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Make a move, sooner rather than later (by Trade Deadline)

Post  Sebastian Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:13 am

deusXango wrote:Practicing patience=procrastination....people that procrastinate are people that don't get sh!t done. A prime example of that is Joe Dumars. Think about it.

I can't believe Joe got his finger in so many people's eye by trading Ben Gordon. That's it??!! Look at the total makeup of that trade, if it stands alone. No way should that be the total effort of our GM to put this team on the right track....until the trade deadline. Drummond is not scheduled to start, until the trade deadline. Monroe will be moved to the PF slot, at the trade deadline. We'll move Daye, or Maxiell, or Villanueva, or whoever, at the trade deadline. Every great event to happen in Pistons land is to take place, at the trade deadline; if the season started Halloween, why are we waiting until February 2nd to make moves? Are we buying time to not do anything? People that procrastinate don't get sh!t done.

We've got a first round draft pick that needs replacing, and we have enough talent to deal with a bottom feeder to obtain that 1st rounder. We're not gonna trade Bynum for DWade, but we can damn sure trade Prince or Stuckey to a bottom feeder for their 1st rounder...it's a reason they're where they historically end up. Enough people, from the media to the fans, have questioned why Drummond hasn't been paired with Monroe, (even in the pre-season) to make it mandatory that Joe step in and tell his coach to play it that way. We went to the wilds of the Ukraine to bring back a young hungry beast of a big man, to sit in a suit on our bench? We've been feeding from the bottom lately for the lack of big man play. I don't think we need to be talking 3 guard rotations as much as 3 bigs rotation! Monroe, Drummond, Kravstov...we got 'em, play 'em. Yeah, we can use Tyreke Evans, like we could have used James Harden, like we can use Josh Smith, but we find things wrong with these players; can't see why we take so long in recognizing the short-comings of players like Stuckey, Maxiell, and Daye, but rather keep making excuses for them to stick around and in some cases get pay raises. We procrastinate until they grow on us...a form of subliminal suggestion; if we got 'em they must be good, right?

Joe needs to be acting now on making things right, after all this is about the time he began making things go wrong when he traded for Allen Iverson. Trade Stuckey, Prince, and Daye for Josh Smith, and if he doesn't work out this year, we can always say it was for his expiring contract. Do something other than practice patience.

DX, you are exactly right. The time to make a trade is (now), closer to the most recent candy holiday day (Halloween or opening night) and not closer to the February candy holiday (Valentine's Day the Trade Deadline).

Because, if WE wait much longer, there will be no need to look forward to the spring candy day, Easter, or the playoffs.)
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Awesome Photoshop Creation!

Post  Grizz2 Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:19 am

Sebastian wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Sebastian .. LMFAO on that one .. Thanks!! A lot of great posts lately from you the past week especially .. thanks .. clap
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty The Good The Bad and The Ugly

Post  Grizz2 Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:35 am

Lemon Pen and Don .. kudos! Actually .. there are a flurry of really good posts so far but ..yours both werequite entertaining and helped me understand the game I couldnt watch due to work .. Thanks BTW .. one of my favorite films ..

The Good: [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

The Bad:[/size] [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

[size=24]The Ugly
: [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Last edited by Grizz2 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Looks like trouble to me...

Post  Oracle Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:38 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next