Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty not true...

Post  frankied Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:54 pm

merc wrote:
merc wrote:While other teams open their shiny new presents.... unfortunately it looks like we're settling for the ugly sweater from Grandma.
frankie... plain and simple, we got nothin' to offer (especially not NJ's cap room)... bah humbug!
merc,
gotta disagree.
guys with horrible contracts who can't play anymore - gilbert arenas, among others - get traded.
it can be done. it just takes creativity and some hard work.
i truly wonder how much hard work joe d has done recently.
i mean, how mean, guys are out there, you just need to put in the work to get them. what NJ just did is the best example of that fact.
and if we don't have anything to offer, why are guys like amir and afflalo getting nice stats, nice reviews and nice contracts? why is chase budinger a nice starting small forward on houston? why is chauncey still playing at a high level? why did rip get snapped up the second he became available?
i think the evidence is clear that the team had quality talent that it basically gave away, and that it has decent talent now that could be used as trade bait. what is missing is the aggressive management that takes advantage and does the necessary deals.
if arenas' horrible contract, if rashaard lewis' ridiculously bad contract, if lots of other lesser players with bad contract can be traded, then detroit should be able to make trades or acquire players with the assets it has accumulated.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Not True

Post  merc Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:19 am

OK frankie... I'm all ears... how about some examples of deals that Joe could make with our talent... without giving up our key pieces for the future.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Flip Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:34 am

I'm holding out hope for the Kaman trade, but you're right, merc, its hard to imagine N.O. wanting anything we have besides Daye.

I'm really hesitant to trade Daye, but the idea of finally getting a 7 foot low post scorer is very tempting. If we could get Kaman for a package include Daye, and unload a bad contract contract like CV in the process, I'd have to strongly consider it if I were Joe.

We would definitely be better just because of the balance, and while I think Daye could turn into a star, we still have Singler coming back who could end up being better. And we'd eventually have to choose one anyways.

And then if we rolled with Kaman/Singler next year, we could field the All-Gump Team, lol.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Not True

Post  Oracle Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:10 am

merc wrote:OK frankie... I'm all ears... how about some examples of deals that Joe could make with our talent... without giving up our key pieces for the future.

Merc, I agree with you now, but Joe didn't do much over the years when we still had the need.

While it's harder now, I believe that giving up Ben gordon for a big, if possible, wouldn't bother me one bit. Gordon is in his prime, and, IMO, it's better to trade him now than wait for his next bad season.

However, I'm just waiting for the standard Joe line. Well, we just didn't see anything that didn't require us to give up ... "Name your sacred cow here", so we just decided to wait, or some such nonsense.

I LOVE Joe, but this is getting BORING! Every year other teams get GREAT XMas presents, and all we get are lumps of coal(CV & BG).
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty not true...

Post  WTF Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:19 am

merc wrote:OK frankie... I'm all ears... how about some examples of deals that Joe could make with our talent... without giving up our key pieces for the future.

Merc I think frankie and others over value some of the players we have on this team when it comes to trading them, but I have to agree with frankie only on the lack of effort portion of his response concerning Joe. Joe is probably the worse offenfer of over valuing the players we have.

It is amazing that the Net can lose their center one day and have a quality replacement the next day as we sit and watch that dumb ass GM of ours mumble to local fluff writers how hard he's working or how difficult it is to acquire a big.

Short of Monroe and Knight every single piece of this team is a trade assest, but Joe acts as if he has a team full of all-stars. He never should have resigned Tay, Gordon should be all over the trading block, and as far as JJ, Stuckey, Bynum and Daye goes these are not all stars in the making. They're not like Affalo that you can call them young talent that's un-tradeable.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty hi from "DarkoDarko"

Post  FireDumars Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:08 am

Nice to find this forum, with regular posters from detroit news. to introduce myself. I have been posting for about 10-years on Detroit News forum, under the username DarkoDarko.

Thought I would go with this new username FireDumars Very Happy they say- miracles do happen.
FireDumars
FireDumars

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty hi from "DarkoDarko"

Post  WTF Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:27 am

Welcome! Welcome! DarkoDarko aka FireDumars glad you found us. We are still missing more than half of our Detnews regulars hopefully they'll find us all.

SHOW, TY30, Rebuild, Dirty, Don, GUM, OBM, PhillipBoy, Council, LA Pistons, Upper, Funky, Big C, Griswold, Dueces and his triplets, JDetroit, Where are you guys?.....I'm sure I forgot some folks. Flip keep posting the site in the news.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Singler

Post  FireDumars Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:28 am

I have watched him play for his new team Real Madrid in a recent game, and he did absolutely nothing. If I recall correctly, he scored 2-points and grabbed 1 rebound in the entire 1st half. I did not watch the second half, but from what I saw, he was not impressive at all. Although, yesterday he scored 12 points to rally Real to a win in Euroleague Championship against Efes.
FireDumars
FireDumars

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty hi from "DarkoDarko

Post  FireDumars Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:33 am

WISEFAN wrote:Welcome! Welcome! DarkoDarko aka FireDumars glad you found us. We are still missing more than half of our Detnews regulars hopefully they'll find us all.

Glad to have this forum. It's very sad that Detroit News removed the original forum.now that there is an independent forum, I can say that the quality of Detroit News, Pistons writers is very, very poor. I think the Free Press provides better coverage, however no single writer will step up and write that Dumars has ruined this team and call for his firing
FireDumars
FireDumars

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:53 am

FireDumars wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Welcome! Welcome! DarkoDarko aka FireDumars glad you found us. We are still missing more than half of our Detnews regulars hopefully they'll find us all.

Glad to have this forum. It's very sad that Detroit News removed the original forum.now that there is an independent forum, I can say that the quality of Detroit News, Pistons writers is very, very poor. I think the Free Press provides better coverage, however no single writer will step up and write that Dumars has ruined this team and call for his firing

Welcome "DarkoDarko." FIRE JOE DUMARS!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:02 am

Welcome Darko, Darko.

Well...on Singler, it doesn't really matter all that much now anyway. We have Prince locked up for the next 4 years, so it's not as if Singler will get a lot of playing time anyway...even if he eventually decides to show up.

Now that Utah has dumped Okur, have they freed up enough cap space to re-sign Fesenko?

Does anyone else find it more compelling to watch former Pistons than our current Pistons? I find myself more interested in how Rip, Chauncey, Afflalo, Amir, Kwame, Okur and even Kemba Walker are doing with their new teams than how Daye, Prince, Gordon, JMax and Bynum are doing with the Pistons.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:51 am

Yes Murph,

As I did most of last season I watched more Denver and New York games to cheer for Chauncey and Aaron, I was more interested in checking Kwame's and Amir stats. Would I rather have Amir than Daye? Yes, Would I rather have Aaron than Bynum? Yes, Would I rather have Kwame than having than Big Ben, Yes and the no brainer question is would I rather have Rip than Gordon? Yes.

I remember Affalo's first game as a rookie and it was obvious from that moment on he should be getting big minutes. But what did Joe do? He started adding SG's to further screw up the team Mo Evans, Jarvis and others that Suanders was force to play instead of this promising rookie.

Joe does need to be fired, but everyone seems stuck on 2004 and 2005 luck that has ran it's course. He done nothing but screwed up this team.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Trying to sell a Pinto

Post  merc Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:25 am

I think the Pistons season preview is on tonight... what could they possibly say to spark interest for the casual fans?
"Catchup with the Frank"
"Restore the Gore" ... or is it "bore"
"We're Knight and Daye the same"
"We're #23!"
"Defense is overrated"
"All the fun is below the rim!"
"The lotto... Can't win if you don't play"

merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Can we still be a good Piston fan while ...

Post  Grizz Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:14 am

looking forward to watching games where Chauncey plays for the LACs, Rip plays for the Bulls, and AA plays for the Nuggets? ... Think so! ...
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Can we still be a good Piston fan while

Post  WTF Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:05 pm

You sure can Grizz. I'm a fan of good basketball and winning basketball, but unfortunately for many of us Pistons fans we don't find either with the home team.

It's painful at times watching Affalo do his thing, watching Chauncey and now Rip do their thing with the Bulls and Clippers and being stuck with Stuckey hoping that pipe-dream of Joe's come true that Stuckey somehow would be better than any of the three he let go.

I won't feel bad cheering for CB, AA and Rip this season or any other season. In a quiet way I'll even enjoy these three whipping on Bynum, Stuckey and Gordon's ass when we play them.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Can we still be a good Piston fan while

Post  WTF Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:17 pm

We can alway cheer for the acquisition of that 9 million dollar locker room cherry That should be good for at least 20 wins by itself alone. Crazy to think that 9 million could have went towards a damn free agent big. But this dummy writes that this new locker room will somehow make the players we have better.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty THUS STARTS THE BULL&#!T

Post  deusXango Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:12 pm

"At various stages of training camp, Lawrence Frank has said that he wants to find not necessarily his five best players so much as the five players who play best together."
-Keith Langlois, Pistons Lead Spindoctor

Anyone wanna bet that Stuckey starts? Prince starts? Outside chance that Big Ben starts! If any of the invisible men start the season for the Pistons Lawrence Frank is not coaching the team, Joe Dumars is. Austin Daye and Brandon Knight were beginning to emerge as something special as backcourt running mates (strange as it may seem), and they're two of the young faces of the future that deserve a chance in the fire....we know what Stuckey and Prince bring to the table, and chemistry between the two wasn't one of their fine points. Speaking of chemistry, Stuckey has been the ultimate anti-chemistry player for the Pistons with his "me first" game. With the scrap minutes given to Macklin he demonstrated to me that he deserves a shot at starting at PF! Even if he doesn't play more than 12-15 minutes I think that he can contribute to setting a defensive tone better than any of the other soft slouches at PF. J.J. is clearly a tremendous bench player....bench player not starter!
If Frank sticks to his guns the opening night starters should be:
PG-Knight
SG-Daye
SF-Prince (by default)
PF-Macklin
C-Monroe
These are the players that IMHO are the players that play best together......the bench or "Chaos Squad" if you please: Stuckey, Gordon, J.J., and CV31 would complete a "decent" nine man rotation. Barring injury the rest of those clowns wouldn't get off the bench.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Season Preview

Post  basketbills Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:42 pm

merc wrote:I think the Pistons season preview is on tonight... what could they possibly say to spark interest for the casual fans?
"Catchup with the Frank"
"Restore the Gore" ... or is it "bore"
"We're Knight and Daye the same"
"We're #23!"
"Defense is overrated"
"All the fun is below the rim!"
"The lotto... Can't win if you don't play"

It will probably include some footage of Vernon Macklin and Charlie V. handing out turkeys...and maybe Big Ben reading a book to some kids.

basketbills

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty merc, i haven't forgotten about you....

Post  frankied Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:56 pm

i was away from my computer for a while and couldn't post a response to your question. i'll have a couple of minutes in a bit, so i'll post an answer shortly....
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Stuff

Post  Oracle Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:01 pm

@basketbills - Great to see you posting! BTW, there's something wrong when Turkeys are passing out Turkeys.

@Murph - Ex-Pistons? I strangely find myself waiting to see balls bouncing off of Kwame Browns stone hands... Now that's entertainment!

@DX - Well this is Franks first BS Meter Test. If he fails this early....

@Wise & Darko - Joe doesn't deserve to be fired yet. He's earned the right to screw up a bit, but IMO, this is the defining season for him. He either needs to make progress, or it may be time to let someone else try. I think the excuses have dried up.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Stuff

Post  Flip Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Oracle wrote:.... there's something wrong when Turkeys are passing out Turkeys..

LOL lol!
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  basketbills Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:16 pm

Oracle wrote:@basketbills - Great to see you posting! BTW, there's something wrong when Turkeys are passing out Turkeys.

Hey Oracle....nice place.

basketbills

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty Should any player who decided to skip the last pre season game get to start?

Post  cool breeze Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:16 pm

DeusXango you are correct about how significant this coaching change is based on who will be handed the starting assignments. If Frank starts Dumars pets, Ben Gordon and Charlie V, then we will all know that Dumars is still coaching the Pistons. With Dumars doing the coaching using his past two coaches as shadow coaches, the Pistons flundered. When the coach has no power to decide how to run the team, you might as well not have a coach. If I were the coach during the last pre season game, there is no way that Ben Gordon or Charlie V would even see any playing time when the first real game is played. When thinking about the limited practice time the Pistons have had along with the mess the players created last season, it was so funny to me when we fans were informed that Ben Gordon and Charlie V decided not to play for personal reasons. That says it all to me. I assume that those two players had language written into their contracts that it is OK for them to miss at least one pre season game. It is amazing that they took advantage of that. During the last game, I saw some chemistry brewing that I have not seen in two seasons. Both Gordon and Charlie were missing. HUMM! Knight was clearly the best player on the floor for the Pistons. He didn't have to score. He is a great teammate and he is trying to make other players better. Knight did what was necessary for the Pistons to have a chance to win that game by breaking up the inbound pass when Cleveland had the lead and the ball. Again, I have not seen that type of play for two seasons or more. Both of the rookies should get a lot of playing time if there is any justice. I will be shocked if Knight is not the starting point guard. One statement that Hamilton made once he signed with Chicago is very revealing to me. He stated that he so happy to be on a team where players share the basketball. Now with Knight as the leader, guys like Stuckey will not be tolerated. Both Bynum and Stuckey hog the basketball. Hamilton stated that he is so happy to be with players who do not hog the basketball. Stuckey, Bynum and Gordon are still among the worst and most selfish players in the league. This season we have some players who will not let them get away with it. I know that Stuckey has now signed his crazy contract so maybe he will not be so selfish. Still, it is difficult to respect him at all if you are his teammate from last season. The Pistons have nothing to lose by playing Knight most of every game and Macklin should be in the rotation over guys like Charlie V. But I suspect that our leader, Joe Dumars will have other ideas. By the way I am posting under my new name Cool Breeze. I was Don from the old forum.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty LEMME SEE WHAT WE GOT HERE

Post  deusXango Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:27 pm

We've got an expanded facility, gourmet meals served at practice, and an addditional president of basketball operations. We got a team payroll that exceeds the CAP, and not one player making in excess of $5 million a year anywhere near star status. The cheap talent is the best talent on the team. We got no complimentary big man to pair with our budding big and possible star player, and a recently over-paid hinderance to the development of our prized rookie PG prospect. We've got our home opening half time entertainment announced, but our home opening starting 5 remains a head scratcher. We've got a 20 year old with sweet milk on his breath, and a 50 year old with alcohol on his, and a collection of whatnots inbetween, all led by a coach who's probably never been engaged in as much as a competitive game of ping pong. We've got a GM who's busy in his office working on a new line of excuses for the failings of his team, and the firing of his coach. We've got an owner who's willing to throw his money around, albeit in the wrong direction, and fan predictions that suggest.....well you know.
Now that I see what I got I'm ready for the season to begin......GO PISTONS!!! I too am rooting for the real hard working, talented Pistons, Billups, Afflalo, Johnson, Okur, Monroe, Jerebko, and Knight....doesn't matter that they don't play together, this team won't either!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 13 Empty DON FROM TUCSON?

Post  deusXango Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:38 pm

By the way I am posting under my new name Cool Breeze. I was Don from the old forum. .
cool breeze

Welcome Don....a "Cool Breeze" from Arizona, now that's special :lol:
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next