Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Flip Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:09 pm

merc, if the Pistons offer like $3 mil/yr and a starting spot, that would seem more than any of the other teams could offer. After being stuck on the bench in Utah, it would seem he'd want to go somewhere he can start and make some money. And we can give him both. Like frankie said, he likes the Pistons, and in that same interview he mentioned the Pistons were one of the teams interested in him during his draft.

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Oracle wrote:
Flip wrote:Finally some good news on the Pistons FA front...

Brian T. Smith: Ex-#UtahJazz center Kyrylo Fesenko drawing interest from Heat, Warriors, Pistons, Clippers, source says. Twitter

Good news for who?

Whenever there are multiple GM's seeking a player(unless it's a scrub), Joe almost always loses out.

We wouldn't have ever sniffed Sheed if Larry Brown wasn't here!

LOL, well, I guess its at least good to hear he put down the krispy kremes for a moment and knows FA is still going on :lol:

I wonder though, if he has liked Fesenko all along, why did he wait for all these other teams to start a bidding war? He should've just swooped in and signed him right away when there was no interest, and we could've got him already, and on a cheaper deal.

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:30 pm

Flip wrote:merc, if the Pistons offer like $3 mil/yr and a starting spot, that would seem more than any of the other teams could offer. After being stuck on the bench in Utah, it would seem he'd want to go somewhere he can start and make some money. And we can give him both. Like frankie said, he likes the Pistons, and in that same interview he mentioned the Pistons were one of the teams interested in him during his draft.

Flip, it all depends on what he's after. If it's to start somewhere, then we're the best choice.

If he wants to win, then we're lower on the list.

However, if he wants to be on a possible championship contender, then the Clippers would seem to be what he would want.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty detroit is the best spot for fesenko...

Post  frankied Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Oracle wrote:
Flip wrote:Finally some good news on the Pistons FA front...

Brian T. Smith: Ex-#UtahJazz center Kyrylo Fesenko drawing interest from Heat, Warriors, Pistons, Clippers, source says. Twitter

Good news for who?

Whenever there are multiple GM's seeking a player(unless it's a scrub), Joe almost always loses out.

We wouldn't have ever sniffed Sheed if Larry Brown wasn't here!

very true, merc, but fesenko might understand that detroit is the best place for him.
there is a huge hole in the middle, and if he comes in and plays well, he can set himself up for his next contract. sign for 2-3 years, set yourself up for free agency, come into detroit and establish yourself as a starting quality center and let the bidding begin.
what happened with deandre jordan should be a lesson for a big guy like fesenko.
he'll make a ton of money on his next contract if he does that.
the clippers have jordan signed to big money and will look at him exclusively as a backup.
sac-town has jason thompson and cousins and whiteside and while there is a possibility of PT, there are still young guys there ready to eat up the PT.
the warriors have biedrins, who is making big money and they just signed kwame brown to a ridiculously big contract. they have their center and backup.
if it is correct that the heat only have the minimum, that has to factor in also. miami also has joel anthony, Big Z, juan howard and dexter pittman to eat up minutes.
detroit is really the only place where he could come in and pretty much be guaranteed minutes if he performs.
he went through a bad numbers game in utah, where he was constantly trying to squeeze out minutes on a team loaded with big guys. i'd bet he doesn't want to go through that kind of headache again.
let's hope joe spends some money on him. i'd be willing to overspend a little to get him into town.
god knows the team needs a guy with his size.
BTW, seeing the video flip posted reminded me that he has nice hands, also. he'd work really nicely, offensively, with a passing center like monroe. monroe could set up high, and just drop the ball into fesenko for easy points. he'd also free monroe on the defensive boards, simply because he is so freakin big. he'd take the physical grinding that monroe just doesn't have the bulk to absorb.
it's like with mahorn and laimbeer. one of the reasons laimbeer was such a good defensive rebounder was because mahorn just took up so much space and offensive rebounders couldn't get through and around him to get to the rebound. fesenko would do the same thing for monroe, who has a real nose for the ball, but gets bounced around by more physical players.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty my guess is that fesenko wants to get paid...

Post  frankied Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:43 pm

Oracle wrote:
Flip wrote:merc, if the Pistons offer like $3 mil/yr and a starting spot, that would seem more than any of the other teams could offer. After being stuck on the bench in Utah, it would seem he'd want to go somewhere he can start and make some money. And we can give him both. Like frankie said, he likes the Pistons, and in that same interview he mentioned the Pistons were one of the teams interested in him during his draft.

Flip, it all depends on what he's after. If it's to start somewhere, then we're the best choice.

If he wants to win, then we're lower on the list.

However, if he wants to be on a possible championship contender, then the Clippers would seem to be what he would want.

my guess is that he wants to set himself up financially. just a guess, but he only signed a one year qualifying offer last season to set himself up for free agency. that is the sign of a guy who wants to set himself up for a big contract. he won't be in the best position with this contract, but if he signs for 2-3 years now, has a good 2-3 years with whichever team he signs for, then he sets himself up for hitting the jackpot.
the key, as chuck daly used to say, is playing time.
fesenko has to go someplace where he'll be able to play 20-25 minutes a game. all of the other teams that are looking at him, with the possible exception of sacramento, all frontcourts with 2-3 guys already in front of him at the center spot. detroit is the only team with a clear path to 20-25 minutes a game. and very possibly a starting spot if he plays well.
that may be more important, and if he is smart about things, he will see that.
in miami and with the clippers, he is basically insurance. after going through that experience and role in utah, imho, he's probably looking for something more.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty N.O. Stocking up on centers

Post  merc Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:51 pm

Interesting... the Hornets add FA center Ayon... the last position they need to fill....one of Okafor or Kaman are heading out
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Fesenko

Post  Flip Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:53 pm

I'd think he'd want to get paid and get PT too. Being that he's 24 and he's already spent the beginning of his career on the bench of a contender in Utah. I'd think he'd want to go somewhere where he can get big minutes. Young players, if they aren't stars, usually aren't worried about winning championships yet.

There's always the case though of being able to showcase his talents on a bigger stage if he went to a contender like MIA/Clippers.

He might not get the PT, but if he's making big plays deep in the playoffs, he'd become on the radar of every team in the league for a bigger contract, kind of like Gortat did with ORL, and Memo did here.

MIA could probably give him a starting C spot, but only for the vet min. At his age though, you'd think he wants to start making some money while he has the chance. If he takes less to go to a contender, if it doesnt work out, there's no guarantee he'd be in line for a bigger contract later. If the Pistons offer a nice contract now, 3 yrs/$10 mil, that would set him up financially for the rest of his life.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty N.O./Centers

Post  Flip Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:57 pm

merc wrote:Interesting... the Hornets add FA center Ayon... the last position they need to fill....one of Okafor or Kaman are heading out

I noticed Okafor got a DNP last night too.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Flip wrote:I'd think he'd want to get paid and get PT too. Being that he's 24 and he's already spent the beginning of his career on the bench of a contender in Utah. I'd think he'd want to go somewhere where he can get big minutes. Young players, if they aren't stars, usually aren't worried about winning championships yet.

There's always the case though of being able to showcase his talents on a bigger stage if he went to a contender like MIA/Clippers.

He might not get the PT, but if he's making big plays deep in the playoffs, he'd become on the radar of every team in the league for a bigger contract, kind of like Gortat did with ORL, and Memo did here.

MIA could probably give him a starting C spot, but only for the vet min. At his age though, you'd think he wants to start making some money while he has the chance.

joel anthony is probably set at the starting spot. he does what he does pretty well and is a pretty good fit for a running miami team.
both gorat and memo played decent minutes. memo played 22 per game and gorat was playing 15 minutes with orlando. i doubt that he'd get anything like that with the clips or miami. again, miami has lots of bodies - anthony, big z, pittman, juan howard (who is always a coach favorite because he is so smart and tough).
the clips might offer decent PT but there would be no chance of moving into a starter's role with jordan signing for big money. they also slide griffin over to the 5 spot often, which eats up more minutes.
the clippers or sac-town are probably the teams that would be the competition, but detroit has an advantage because they offer the chance at a starting spot. and if he's able to start, that is when he'll set himself up for a really big contract. (see marc gasol.)
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:08 pm

Well, I hope you guys are right, and the arguments made make plenty of sense.

I just wish Joe had went after him a lot earlier!

IMO, if he can't win the sweepstakes for Fesenko, who can he get?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty fesenko...

Post  frankied Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:14 pm

Oracle wrote:Well, I hope you guys are right, and the arguments made make plenty of sense.

at least he is looking at players the team actually needs!!!
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:15 pm

Oracle wrote:Well, I hope you guys are right, and the arguments made make plenty of sense.

Oliver Miller?
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:16 pm

frankie, I agree, getting a starting spot at his age would seem most important. Hopefully he sees it the same way.

He'd be a perfect here to add to the young core. His size and defense is exactly what we lack next to Monroe, and at 25 yrs old and likely a cheap deal, Joe better not fumble this up.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:23 pm

Oracle wrote:IMO, if he can't win the sweepstakes for Fesenko, who can he get?

There was talk the other day about the Pistons heavily pursuing Kaman as well. I thought he couldn't be traded for a few months because he was just dealt, but according to espn.com/trade machine, he can be traded any time as long as its by himself and no other players from N.O. are added in the deal.

Thats great to hear because now they could get Kaman right now if Joe can get a deal done. Fesenko could probably still get 20 mpg off the bench here, even if we did get Kaman.

Kaman/Fesenko
Monroe/Jerebko

That would be an enormous upgrade to our frontcourt.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty This Avatar Seems Cynical Enough For Now

Post  WTF Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Like see if it works
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:57 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Like see if it works
somehow that's exactly how I pictured your mug Twisted Evil
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty And I Don't Believe You Got Hops Like That

Post  WTF Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:04 pm

merc wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Like see if it works
somehow that's exactly how I pictured your mug Twisted Evil

That avatar is how I often felt after watching Pistons games the past 3 season. Wanting to bust a Lasar Cap in Joe's arse.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Flip wrote:
Oracle wrote:IMO, if he can't win the sweepstakes for Fesenko, who can he get?

Kaman/Fesenko
Monroe/Jerebko

This makes the most sense to me.....there has been nothing suggested that comes close with what Joe has to work with. Question? What does N.O. want for Kamen?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:22 pm

Not really feeling Fesenko other than he's young his stats look no better than Big Has Ben stats. I suppose he needs nothing but an opportunity and for the right price I guess it wouldn't hurt, but this can't be the big that Joe has been locked in on when there's opportunity to make a more profound statement by going after the like of Jefferson and Kamen via some trade or making a play at Dalembert. Sure Fesenko could be looked at as an upgrade or just another big slug project but as I said I would rather play him than watch Big Ben another season.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:31 pm

deusXango wrote:
Flip wrote:
Kaman/Fesenko
Monroe/Jerebko

This makes the most sense to me.....there has been nothing suggested that comes close with what Joe has to work with. Question? What does N.O. want for Kamen?

Its unknown at this point. But in their other trades talks (Paul/West) they demanded young players/picks/exp contract type of packages.

We can't really offer much of that without giving up on a key young piece. But CV does techincally qualify as a young piece still....Maybe they'll take him.

I looked up potential trades and these are a few I came up with that match salary:

CV + Wilkins = Kaman
Max + Bynum = Kaman
CV + Bynum = Kaman

CV/Wilkins would be my favorite, and maybe throw in a future protected draft pick to sweeten the pot.

N.O. only has $29 mil in salary commited for next season. So, even though are trying to sell the team, they may be looking to actually add some salary, long-term, in any trade for Kaman. Because they have to meet the new min salary requirement of the CBA.

Seeing they have Okafor, CV has proven he's a great fit next to him from their days at UConn. Could be a selling point for Joe to get them to take CV.

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:02 pm

So memo was traded to the Nets for a 2nd rounder and TPE
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:16 pm

While other teams open their shiny new presents.... unfortunately it looks like we're settling for the ugly sweater from Grandma.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty funny...

Post  frankied Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:21 pm

merc wrote:While other teams open their shiny new presents.... unfortunately it looks like we're settling for the ugly sweater from Grandma.
new jersey finds out that they need a center.
that same day, they make a trade to fill a need.
gee...how long has detroit needed front court help?
while joe tries to make the logjam at the wingspots even more crowded....
wilkins...keith bogans...who's next?
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Thanks Flip

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:01 pm

I thought only the blue text was hypertext and so ... my caveman era eyes couldnt see the word avatar! Thanks for your patience!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:07 pm

merc wrote:While other teams open their shiny new presents.... unfortunately it looks like we're settling for the ugly sweater from Grandma.
frankie... plain and simple, we got nothin' to offer (especially not NJ's cap room)... bah humbug!
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next