Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  deusXango Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:03 pm

FlyDog wrote:Sorry guys.........I just don't care enough to keep track this year. Here's what I have so far, and if somebody wants to take over, they can:

32-34: pistonfan forever
30-36: deusXango
28-38: FLY DOG OF THE CAPE
25-41: TheOracle
23-43: UpperMichigan
20-46: Strokin 3's
18-48: Don
17-49: Grizz
17-49: LMP
12-54: TroofHurts
12-54: Flip

I know I missed quite a few guys, sorry. Looks like I was way overly optimistic; no way they win 28 this year. I've said it since Kuester was brought in: It wasn't Curry's fault. It wasn't Kuester's fault. It's not little Larry's fault either. This roster is un-coachable. If you want to place blame, point your finger directly at Coach Joseph F. Dumars. The middle one.

After watching these few games and looking at my prediction, I feel like a damn fool. 30 wins with this??!!! I'm with you Fly, the interest is gone.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty . More comedy from Goodwill's twitter....

Post  WTF Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:04 pm

Too funny I miss cracking on Goodwill.....I wonder if he's reading your forum Flip?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:06 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Too funny I miss cracking on Goodwill.....I wonder if he's reading your forum Flip?

haha, he might be as I've posted the link on some of his articles.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:Two players on the Pistons, Daye and Maxiel, have played 59 minutes and 58 seconds total in the first two games and have scored zero, zilch, nada, bupkiss. If you sent this fact to Ripley's Believe It Or Not, they probably wouldn't believe it.

Fennis that last air ball baseline shot by Daye last night must have felt like he had just been hit by a club. Daye made a face that showed his frustration is such that he might now change his last name. Great job in providing the facts. That stat of 59 minutes and 58 seconds for two players in two games being shut out is amazing. Frank mentioned to the press that he is staying with the starting backcourt of Stuckey and Gordon even after Knight's great game last night because he has to do the right thing for the team. So is handing out more playing time to Daye and Maxiell based on any kind of justice or team thing? I think not. Dumars has a list of players he wants in the rotation and that is the way it will be. Of course Dumars did the same thing to the other coaches. However, Flip tore the list up and yelled at Dumars when he casually suggested that it would be really cool to trade Billups for Iverson. Michael Curry who was an assistant at the time told Joe, "that is a great idea". Funny how Flip was fired just after that incident. If I were Dumars, I would want to retire. He must be taking a lot of heat from Gores who might actually have done some homework finding out what has happened to so many capable players being shipped out to bring in the slugs.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Re: Main

Post  WTF Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:10 pm

I tapped his phones and there seems to be some disagreement between the Joe's so he got pissed and hung up on himself LOL! Just too damn funny. Man if we had this capability in Pistons talk they would've shut us down long time ago.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:22 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:24 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I tapped his phones and there seems to be some disagreement between the Joe's so he got pissed and hung up on himself LOL! Just too damn funny. Man if we had this capability in Pistons talk they would've shut us down long time ago.

LOL, there was a problem with the link and the pic wasnt showing, but I got it working again.

Rumor has it he's working on unloading CV/Max in a blockbuster deal that would send CV/Max to the Pistons in exchange for Daye and Macklin.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:37 pm

[quote="Grizz"].. I also think that having just 1 big out there is too much for Monroe ... It would be too much for just about any big .. Remember when Ben Wallace and Rasheed were out there together .. We need that again .. or at least .. somone .. Hell .. Wilcox alone would be an improvement ..

You are right Grizz about Wilcox and perhaps about Monroe. Maybe Wilcox was a goof off and a chemistry breaker. It was puzzling as to why Wilcox was not getting more playing time last season and to not sign him when Detroit had no real big men other than Monroe was insane. Maybe Wilcox wanted no part of the Pistons too so we do not know the real scoop. I still don't buy the idea that Monroe should get off the hook for tanking it over the last two games because he doesn't like playing out of position. It looked to me like is he just out of shape and has trouble playing up tempo which is what Cleveland was doing last night. Monroe looks slow in the paint on defense. And I will never understand why coaches want their bigs to chase the guards outside to help the guards out knowing that Detroit's bigs are undersized. Jerebco was trying to cover too much ground last night. It was insane and Detroit gave up a lot of easy baskets because of that one dumb idea. If Detroit had guards who could defend and stop dribble penetration better along with a real center who could play defense, then I might go with Jerebco at power forward over Monroe. Jerebco has much more quickness and likes mixing it up in the paint with bigger players. He has more range on his shot as well and can drive well to the basket. I am not sold on Monroe yet. I expected him to be much quicker, stronger and smarter this season. The season is really young so maybe he will decide to play like a man in the paint on defense as the season progresses.

By the way Grizz, I love the picture of Mr. Bigshot smiling with those trophies.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty REBUILD? RELOAD!!

Post  deusXango Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:04 pm

"I agree though, Joe should've just kept Chauncey/Rip & Stuckey/Afflalo, and even though our frontcourt would've needed replacing with Sheed/Ben retiring, our backcourt would've been so good, we could've kept up our winning tradition, and FA bigs would've wanted to still come here to play with our championship backcourt who knew how to win in the playoffs."

-Flip

Flip, when you've got a GM that scratches something that don't itch instead of fixing what's broken this is what you get. You're 100% correct Joe should not have touched the Pistons backcourt for it was clearly our strength, but on the other hand there was a groundswell of fans calling for 'Sheed to be traded, McDyess (Ben was gone) was a formidable trade piece, and Tayshaun of the slow lightweight game was at the peak of his trade value. What could not have been done with those "three for one" to obtain an all-world frontcourt player, and still saved the contract money Joe talked about valueing so much? With our original backcourt and one monster paint player the Pistons would never have sunk so low. Joe doesn't know the difference between rebuilding a team and reloading the talent on a team that's in contention. Poor Joe.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:45 pm

Flip wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

That picture must be 20 years old!

Joe's 3 times that size now!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty denver and afflalo at the portland rose garden tonight...

Post  frankied Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:48 pm

at least i get a chance to see afflalo play with denver tonight.
they seem to have a pretty entertaining team, so it should be decent BB at least.
one good thing about living in one nba city, while rooting for another city's team is that i can always watch my current "home" team if i want to watch a different kind of basketball.
and one good thing about portland is that nate mcmillan, aka, "sarge" and "coach nate", is a no-nonsense guy who demands respect from his guys. it makes for a huge contrast to the clown show that has been going on in detroit over the last few years.

btw, i think cool breeze is right about monroe being out of shape. that was one knock on him in college - his commitment to conditioning - and i think what we see now is an out of shape greg monroe who will be fine once he works himself into shape. i just hope he doesn't get hurt along the way.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Jordan moves on...

Post  Oracle Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:55 pm

With this tasty treat!!!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Jordan moves on...

Post  WTF Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:07 pm

Oracle wrote:With this tasty treat!!!

She's the kind of treat only MJ can afford. Being rich is sweet
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Gores is up for the challenge

Post  Oracle Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:35 pm

Even if his hair isn't!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Why are the local newspaper reporters not asking Joe Dumars what went wrong after games like last night?

Post  cool breeze Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:45 pm

I was just wondering why none of the local beat newspaper reporters do not try to interview Joe Dumars after games like last night's opener against Cleveland. Instead the News and Free Press reporters go after Frank and the previous Piston coaches wanting answers. Is there an unwritten rule for Detroit area reporters to not sniff out what Joe thinks after games? I know in the past that Arizona beat writers often quote the GM for the Suns. Steve Kerr was always available to the press and he took responsibility any time the Suns failed to look like a real NBA team. Dumars always gets a special break. He never has to take responsibility for the current mess. The bottom line is that Dumars has no long range plan to improve this Piston team. He did make some good draft selections last spring. That is the only thing positive that man has done for the Detroit Pistons in over three years. And the reporters are going after Frank who hardly knows the players he has to coach. Dumars must be in a panic after last night. Now he will be held accountable at least by the owner when all that gimick stuff stops working and the Palace is empty.[list=1][*]

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty he better get a pre-nup...

Post  frankied Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:51 pm

or that tasty treat is going to be a very expensive appetizer.
you can see it in her face. she's already thinking about all the millions she'll make when she gets a divorce.
if i was him, i'd make an appointment for a vasectomy, immediately.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Why are the local newspaper reporters not asking Joe Dumars what went wrong after games like last night?

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:10 pm

Don .. that is the $64,000 question ... why do pretty much all the Piston writers spin and propagandize everything to deflect failures away from the really dumb decisions of Joe Dumars .. I mean .. we have been 2 or 3 years ahead of Dumars in what needs to be done .. It shouldnt have to take Joe 3 seasons to decide to get a real PG and then even when it is clear Knight should run the team .. Stuckey will keep starting at PG even though he has proven beyond doubt he is NOT a PG .. :evil: SHEESH! .. And no Piston writers say a dang thing such as .. MY WORD! IS THERE NOT SOMETHING TRULY AMISS IN OUR POINT GUARD DEPTH?! No .. they just blow smoke and raise mirrors ..falsely blaming the prior owner, the lockout, the former coaches (whom Joe hired!) the same with the bigs .. HEREBY Calling out as fraud journalists THESE GUYS::::.. ELLIS clown .. GOODWILL clown ... FOSTER clown clown ... LANGLOIS clown DAN FELDMAN clown ... PATRICK HAYES clown .. I especially love it when they blame former head coaches whom they praised like the 2nd coming of John Wooden when hired... These Loser Writers from above are part of the problem because either through incompetence or corruption .. they are not doing their job so they can get all jiggly with Joe .. Yuck! If these same writers did their job and threw Joe Dumars dopey moves back into his face .. maybe Dumars and the owner would change things for the better .. Lack of bigs .. has been going on for 3 seasons .. and never worse than this season .. John Niyo is the only true journalist and the only one who will say what needs to be said ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty wow!

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:14 pm

Oh to be rich and famous .. but is it true love?
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:15 pm

Oracle wrote:
Flip wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

That picture must be 20 years old!

Joe's 3 times that size now!

HA! What a photo! .. Great find Flip !! lol!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty GORES THOUGHT HE WAS UP FOR THE CHALLENGE

Post  deusXango Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:17 pm

Oracle wrote:Even if his hair isn't!

Taking a look at that manical look in his eyes and that twisted look on his face with the electric hair, it's apparent some damn fool reporter mentioned Joe Dumars. :evil:
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Is Monroe too slow?

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:18 pm

[quote="cool breeze"]
Don wrote:..
I still don't buy the idea that Monroe should get off the hook for tanking it over the last two games because he doesn't like playing out of position. It looked to me like is he just out of shape and has trouble playing up tempo which is what Cleveland was doing last night. Monroe looks slow in the paint on defense. And I will never understand why coaches want their bigs to chase the guards outside to help the guards out knowing that Detroit's bigs are undersized.

Good points Don...... Lets keep an eye on Monroe when he is on defense .. hoping to figure out what is going on ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:25 pm

FlyDog wrote:Well Sissy, if I had 44 fingers I could fill every dyke.

Look here........this is retarded:

PG- Stuckey (SG)
SG- Gordon (6th man)
SF- Tayshaun (Gay/crippled)
PF- Jonas (SF)
C- Monroe (PF)

We have 1 player in our starting lineup who is playing his natural position, and he's a handicapped queer. Not cool.

Flydog .. that is our team in a nutshell .. Wonderful work! I fully expect Goodwill to plagiarize this for tomorrow's article ...
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:01 pm

cool breeze wrote: I will never understand why coaches want their bigs to chase the guards outside to help the guards out knowing that Detroit's bigs are undersized.

Agree 100%. Our bigs are helping on guards that need no help, then are too slow to recover to their man and give up dunks.

Our guards are always sagging towards the paint off of 3 pt shooters, not far enough to effectively double the opp big, but far enough so they arent guarding the 3 either. They just kind of float in between guarding no one. Then the big in the post passes out to the open guard behind the arc for an easy 3 because our guard cant recover in time.

Theyve been trying this defense since Kuester and it makes no sense. Just play man straight up, dig in, and guard your man. If you get beat, THEN send help. Why are we always helping guys who have their man covered already and dont need help?

I agree on Monroe too, he looks out of shape and slow and cant keep up with the NBA pace all of sudden, for whatever reason, hope its not a trend.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Coach Frank says ...

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:15 pm

GOOD QUESTION: Shouldn't Brandon Knight be our starting point guard? Coach Frank says ... We have other very talented players too. Your minutes have to be based on merit. Brandon is working hard. It is not a knock on him. Right now, the thing that gives us the best chance is the starting group we have. But with that being said, throughout this whole process we have to be flexible. As a coach, the one thing you maintain your integrity with the team is tell the truth. The group we put out there is the group we are starting, and if there is a change that has to be made it always has to be in the best interest of the team and not in the best interest of the individual.

Mr. Frank .. you are full of it ... and are fast losing my respect to keep putting Stuckey out there as our team's starting PG... This is not about showing respect to veterans .. HELL , if Stuckey was so great at PG, why would we even have drafted Knight ..It is obvious to the world Stuckey cannot play PG ... If you know anything about basketball .. you would know that RS is not playing PG well .. and doesnt make his teammates better ... What is happening is by continuing the charade of playing Stuck as PG instead of at SG, you are simply pointlessly digging your heels in, as well as digging your own grave ... just to satifsy the whims of one Joe Dumars .. In the meantime, we will be NOT developing as a team .. and you, the head coach, are hurting not just the team development .. but also the individual development of each team member ..especially that of Stuckey and Knight ... This plain sucks! Calling Mr. Tom Gore!! Get this fixed! ASAP!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Remember that guy that our forum wanted drafted and was passed over in favor of Austin Daye and Duanne Summers??

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:39 pm

MIN FG-A FT-A 3P-A REB (O/D) AST PF ST TO BLK PTS
Juan Blair * 28:56 8-17 6-8 0-0 12 (8/4) 1 2 0 0 0 22

vs the Rockets ... Well .. at least we have a really tall shooting guard .. always impresses the local Piston writers .. But .. now that Daye is here .. fully endorse giving Daye playing time to develop .. There are coaches on this team and their job is to get Daye to play well in all phases of the game .. he is young enough to learn and improve .. Our record on doing just that .. getting young players regular time to play ..even in the face of weak play .. with solid mentoring to improve .. has not been good and this also has to change ..

Last edited by Grizz on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next