Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Flip Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:10 am

deusXango wrote:
Flip wrote:The last thing I want is for ppl to feel like they cant have fun on here. I'm new to this whole 'running a forum thing' myself, and I dont want to be like those moderators on other sites telling ppl what they can/can't do. I don't really want to be a moderator at all, lol. So I'm just going to go back to the 1 thread thing, as it seemed to be working, and everyone can post whatever they want. We're all adults here, nothing wrong with a little humor now and then, its what keeps forums going when there's no news, just try to be respectful of one another. Very Happy

Flip I apologize to you for being a part of something that showed a lack of appreciation for all the well meaning hard work you put into this site. I'm truly glad to have "someplace" to come and not only talk basketball, but read what others have to say; I do more reading than posting. None the less you don't need to moderate rational adults and that's who are here. You built the house, now enjoy living in it 'bro.
No more crippled attempts at humor by me. silent

no apology needed, Deus, it's all good. I didnt take it as a lack of appreciation or anything like that. no worries, I enjoy your posts and humor, no need to change anything. Cool

Big game tonight. You're right we are getting a fortunate schedule so far, after IND/ORL coming in on the 2nd night of B2B's, we now get CHI in the same manner, who should be dog-tired after using all that energy to come back down 19 last night. Plus, they should be feeling a little too good about themselves and thinking they come into the Palace and ride the momentum to another win. If we can play with the same discipline on D the last 2 games, make them grind it out and get it into a dogfight, they may want no part of it with those tired legs. In essence, do the same thing to them that they did to ATL. The Hawks came to CHI overconfident and tired after beating the Heat the night before. CHI got them into a dogfight late in the game, and the Hawks had no gas left in the tank to complete the victory. We need to do the same to CHI tonight. Its time to end this losing streak we have against them. I believe they have swept the season series 2 years straight.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty JUST LAUGH PEOPLE

Post  WTF Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:21 am

Oh the joy of a forum Razz I didn't see this debate coming. Humor is good and return laughter is even better JMHO. Honestly I don't just want to be stuck to reading the redundacies of stats, and debating trades that may never happen, but everyone's personality shows just a little in how we post our opinions about various thing basketball and non basketball and I enjoy that. It brings us all a little closer and we don't feel like we're posting to a stranger.

I was cracking up at the photos by Sissy last night, but I don't think DX was really taking a jab at you Sissy, but glad to see the olive branches nonetheless lol!

I'm sure there will be a time when the dreaded subjects of politics, race and religion are inter-jected into our baskball talk or maybe not since Rebuild hasn't found us yet cheers but lets just keep laughing.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:39 am

Sissy1946 wrote:Flip: I'll try to cut down my pics to 10 a day, ok? okay. Lets kick some Bulls-Azz & Rips too tonight.

Scary Larry approves, lol

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty @DX Changing

Post  WTF Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:40 am

No DX please keep being you and don't stop the humor, and the same for Sissy don't stop doing what you do because we enjoy what you both bring to this forum that Flip put together. I can't wait to everyone makes it here so we can continue the same debates, disagreements, arguements, misunderstanding, and misinterpretations we all had in Pistons Talks. I think it is the only thing fully missing from what Flip has created for us, but Flip can't created that atmosphere only the posters can and we can all do that by being who we are.

Everyone that made it here from the Detnews have been my favorites, but damn if I don't miss SHOW, TY, PBoy, GUM, BIG C, OBM, UP and others.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:49 am

Flip wrote:
Sissy1946 wrote:Flip: I'll try to cut down my pics to 10 a day, ok? okay. Lets kick some Bulls-Azz & Rips too tonight.

Flip you cut and paste skills need working on. I think Sissy is conducting a photo shop class lol!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:54 am

WISEFAN wrote:
Flip wrote:

Flip you cut and paste skills need working on. I think Sissy is conducting a photo shop class lol!

LOL, I thought the ragged cut/paste job added to the creepiness of Birds face :face: He looks like freddy kreuger, lol
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:27 am

Something very strange about Rip playing against the Pistons in a Bulls uni Suspect
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:34 am

Flip wrote:The last thing I want is for ppl to feel like they cant have fun on here. I'm new to this whole 'running a forum thing' myself, and I dont want to be like those moderators on other sites telling ppl what they can/can't do. I don't really want to be a moderator at all, lol. So I'm just going to go back to the 1 thread thing, as it seemed to be working, and everyone can post whatever they want. We're all adults here, nothing wrong with a little humor now and then, its what keeps forums going when there's no news, just try to be respectful of one another. Very Happy
Your doing a fine job... completely agree with the over moderating on other sites... it's ok to be a lil fanatical at times afro
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Great pic of Sheed ..

Post  Grizz Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:55 am

OK .. then ...Flip .. no moderation in moderation .. Now I dont feel so bad about posting that half naked chick on the Rodman story .. and man Sheed sure does looks like Jimi Hendrix .. hey wait a minute .. that is who it is! [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Last edited by Grizz on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Great pic of Sheed ..

Post  WTF Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:04 am

Grizz I loved the half naked pic affraid made my eye balls pop out. But lets not forget about our Little Ms Cheerleader :flower: on here, she alreadys moan that we're one-sided over here not enough rah rahing for her liking so you can imagine how she feel about tits lol! Personally I like tits, big one if possible..hint hint if you so happen to have any more pics, make them basketball size that way we won't be totally off subject.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty JaVele McGee or DeMarcus Cousins?

Post  Sebastian Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:05 am

Merc, frankied, and others have expressed their interest in the Pistons acquiring JaVele McGee over Cousins and I would have to agree with their suggestions.

I just don't see how WE could swindle McGee from the Wizards. I can't think of any creative ways of approaching the Wizards with an offer. Maybe, OUR 2012 first round pick, but that's about all that I can see them taking from US for McGee.

After watching Cousins, last night, play against the Grizzles, I saw an extremely undisciplined, disinterested, and quite honestly lazy ball player. If WE were to acquire Cousins in some sort of exchange, he would have to play far harder and much better than what was demonstrated against the Grizzlies.

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty The 2011-2012 NBA Schedule ...

Post  Sebastian Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:09 am

I'm interested in learning how others feel about this year's schedule.

I don't like it. Teams are playing far too many games in a short period of time. Teams and players are not having an opportunity to enjoy a win or to access their performances or evaluate their opponents.

I wished that the season would have been the normal 82 games, stretched out through mid-July.

But, I believe because of the 2012 Games in London, the NBA had to compress the schedule.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:14 am

Sebastian wrote:Merc, frankied, and others have expressed their interest in the Pistons acquiring JaVele McGee over Cousins and I would have to agree with their suggestions.

I just don't see how WE could swindle McGee from the Wizards. I can't think of any creative ways of approaching the Wizards with an offer. Maybe, OUR 2012 first round pick, but that's about all that I can see them taking from US for McGee.

After watching Cousins, last night, play against the Grizzles, I saw an extremely undiscipline, disinterested, and quite honestly lazy ball player. If WE were to acquire Cousins in some sort of exchange, he would have to play far harder and much better than what was demonstrated against the Grizzlies.

A little creativity on Joe's part would help. I think a Daye and CV package could do the job in a three way deal if we somehow got involved in a King - Wizard trade for Cousins. CV would fit perfectly in Flip's offensive scheme and Daye adds a element of length to Flip's zone defense, and Flip zone certainly hides the weakness of CV defense as well.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:21 am

WISEFAN wrote:Grizz I loved the half naked pic affraid made my eye balls pop out. But lets not forget about our Little Ms Cheerleader :flower: on here, she alreadys moan that we're one-sided over here not enough rah rahing for her liking so you can imagine how she feel about tits lol! Personally I like tits, big one if possible..hint hint if you so happen to have any more pics, make them basketball size that way we won't be totally off subject.

Wise, Glad someone appreciated that photo! I almost posted a picture again .. but .. wait a minute .. this one might be clean enough and it is a Piston photo .. but not big enough probably .. will keep trying though ..
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:50 am

Oh Grizz, you naughty, naughty boy! I knew you led a double life......I like it!

Last edited by deusXango on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:05 pm

Sebastian wrote:Merc, frankied, and others have expressed their interest in the Pistons acquiring JaVele McGee over Cousins and I would have to agree with their suggestions.

After watching Cousins, last night, play against the Grizzles, I saw an extremely undisciplined, disinterested, and quite honestly lazy ball player. If WE were to acquire Cousins in some sort of exchange, he would have to play far harder and much better than what was demonstrated against the Grizzlies.

Hey Sebastian, this is "others" and if the Pistons were involved in a 3 or 4 team trade we could easily do it. Not many teams can offer what we can, spread around, for a player on the current level of JaVele McGee, who plays for a team worse than ours. Aside from John Wall, who is sick & tired of what's happening or not happening in D.C. and wants out, there is nobody on their roster we can't have. The rights to Singler, Will Bynum, Austin Daye, Jason Maxiell, Charlie Villanueva, a second round pick (not first round!), and a little cash; a package of any of that to anybody that would help move McGee here can make it a done deal. This is a trade that can be completed by weeks end, with the excelleerated schedule the NBA is on, and our core players are intact and we still have our 2012 first round pick. Happy New Year 'Bro.

-------

-------

-------

-------

deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down