Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty help!

Post  Grizz Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:37 pm

flip .. Seriously ... how do you get an avatar? .. I cant seem to figure it out..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Oracle

Post  Flip Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:03 am

TheOracle wrote:Yeah, I can't remember the password for that account. I don't know if it's better to delete it, or reset it, I leave that in your capable hands, just let me know.

BTW, I just added this... because we can now edit our posts!!!

I LOVE it! Having the ability to correct typos, etc., is something DetNews just didn't get!

ok, what I did is delete the original account, and now you can just go into "Profile" of your current account, and change the username, then remember to "Save" at the bottom. Let me know if it doesnt work.

I love the editing function too, another thing I like is not having to confirm every post twice before it posts. I used to hate having to do that. The Detnews forum was from the stone ages, lol.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Grizz

Post  Flip Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:19 am

Grizz wrote:flip .. Seriously ... how do you get an avatar? .. I cant seem to figure it out..

Do you have a pic already chosen that you want to upload, or do you still need to find the pic first?

There's 2 ways to do it. You can either upload a pic from your computer, or copy/paste a url link to a site where an image is stored. Like this for example:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I find the pics on "google images".

If you want, find a pic on google (or anywhere) that you want to use and post the link in here. And I can just go in and upload it to your account for you.

If you already have a pic saved on your computer you want to use, just email the file to me and I'll put it on your avatar for you.

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  WTF Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:48 am

Oracle not really sure what Foster was getting at as it came off as the usual over-kill and over-hyping fluff that is typical of our local media. If Terry was simply stating the idea of a 3 guard rotation being the way to go I agree a 100%, that's been something I've been screaming for the past 3 or 4 seasons. Zeke, VJ and Joe should never be mentioned in the same article with Stuckey, Gordon and Knight in any type of comparison and its that type of implied BS that Terry and other locals media people are famous for. I mean does Terry even realize that Vinnie has 3 NBA titles ang Gordon none? I just think its in bad taste when you write articles like this this three don't even compare to Billups, Hamilton, Hunter and James regime.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty LEGITIMATE CONCERNS

Post  deusXango Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:56 am

The real impact Stuckey will have on Knight during this shortened season Suspect If there was no interest in Stuckey during this FA signing period, how easy will it be to trade the man should he not work out Shocked Where will we be if going without Monroe should become a "must" Crying or Very sad Just how much latitude does Law Frank have when it comes to coaching this team Embarassed Once the bean counter brings the books to commitee and they look at what they have for the cost, how long will Mr. Gores put up with Mr. Dumars Rolling Eyes
Just how long will we have to wait for this mess to be straightened out and we get back on track to enjoying competitive basketball?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:20 am

TheOracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Perhaps Dumars' past as a player should lend some answers. He won championships with a three-guard rotation, with Vinnie Johnson and Isiah Thomas. Most nights, the Pistons rode the coattails of Thomas and Dumars — they both developed into Hall of Fame players, especially Thomas, a perennial NBA All-Star. - Foster Detnews

How can you even mention our current guards in the same breath as 2 Hall of Famers is amazing. Dang! the local media around here stinks.

Wise, the sad thing is that I know what he was trying to say, but the way he said it was stupid.

There's NOBODY on this team that could be remotely compared to Zeke, who won it all in college and the pros(Back to Back), and Joe would eat anybody on this teams lunch... silly!
Everything you guys said + they didn't win shit without a stable of solid bigs that could defend,rebound & score from inside and out... we got a long way to go fellas.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:49 am

Flip wrote:ok, what I did is delete the original account, and now you can just go into "Profile" of your current account, and change the username, then remember to "Save" at the bottom. Let me know if it doesnt work.

Thanks Flip, it worked like a charm!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty thanks a bunch Flip .. this site is really outstanding ..

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:07 am

Flip wrote:
Grizz wrote:flip .. Seriously ... how do you get an avatar? .. I cant seem to figure it out..

Do you have a pic already chosen that you want to upload, or do you still need to find the pic first?

There's 2 ways to do it. You can either upload a pic from your computer, or copy/paste a url link to a site where an image is stored. Like this for example:

I find the pics on "google images".

If you want, find a pic on google (or anywhere) that you want to use and post the link in here. And I can just go in and upload it to your account for you.

If you already have a pic saved on your computer you want to use, just email the file to me and I'll put it on your avatar for you.

Great work! And I think it is OK to swear here!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty 1 less big man for us

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:13 am

Not that Dalembert is exactly awesome but an OK BIG would still be a help .. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Flip ..

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:20 am

.. Sorry ..my bad for not explaining what I needed to know .. Where on this site do I upload to? I went to profile and couldnt find anything ... That is what I need to know .. what should I click to do the upload .. Cheers!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty question

Post  barn67 Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:30 am

Is there any forum for the Lions? I'm afraid that I'm not a fan of the NBA but great job on this site. Happy to see the same format as the News site had.

barn67

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Answer

Post  WTF Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:08 am

barns67 you should find all the old familiar posters from Lions Talk
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Cap Space Hell

Post  Murph Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:16 am

So not only are we capped out this year, but barring some major trade, we're capped out next year also. The only contract that will come off the books at the end of this season is Ben Wallace's. But Big Ben is only due to make $2.4 million this year, so that won't represent a lot of cap relief.

By locking up Tay Prince and Rodney Stuckey for multiple years, Joe just eliminated what little flexability he had under the cap, moving forward.

So basically, unless Lawrence Frank can significantly improve the Pistons on the basis of better coaching alone (which isn't likely), we're looking at basically the same team we had last year and the same team we'll have next year...plus Brandon Knight and next year's first rounder.

It's pretty odd if you think about it. Joe couldn't wait to blow up a winning team in the fall of 2008, but since then, he's basically stood pat with the same losing roster.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty thanks

Post  barn67 Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:26 am

mucho grassceass

barn67

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty PGs

Post  Murph Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:33 am

I sure hope Joe didn't somehow manage to snag the 4th best PG in this year's draft, behind Irving, Walker and Fredette, all of whom are having better pre-seasons than Knight, in a very limited number of games.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Things should be better this year but ..

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:40 am

Murph wrote:It's pretty odd if you think about it. Joe couldn't wait to blow up a winning team in the fall of 2008, but since then, he's basically stood pat with the same losing roster.

Murph ... Great post .. Great quote
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Grizz/Avatar

Post  Flip Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:00 pm

Grizz wrote:.. Sorry ..my bad for not explaining what I needed to know .. Where on this site do I upload to? I went to profile and couldnt find anything ... That is what I need to know .. what should I click to do the upload .. Cheers!

its cool, no prob, just go to Profile, then near the top, right above where it says Registration Information....

There'll be a list across the top that says, "Information, Preferences, Signature, Avatar.....

Click Avatar, then if your uploading a file from your computer, choose Browse, find the file, and Save.

If your uploading a link to a file from another site, just copy/paste the link in the space where it says Upload an Avatar from a URL...and Save.

If you need more help just let me know. And thanks for the great compliments on the site Smile cheers

Last edited by Flip on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:03 pm

Grizz wrote:
Murph wrote:It's pretty odd if you think about it. Joe couldn't wait to blow up a winning team in the fall of 2008, but since then, he's basically stood pat with the same losing roster.

Murph ... Great post .. Great quote

haha, thats so true Murph.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Pistons Interested in Fesenko

Post  Flip Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:16 pm

Finally some good news on the Pistons FA front...

Brian T. Smith: Ex-#UtahJazz center Kyrylo Fesenko drawing interest from Heat, Warriors, Pistons, Clippers, source says. Twitter
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty season predictions

Post  merc Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:19 pm

Flydaddy... put me down for 22-44 with the roster the way it is... should be good for a top 5 lotto pick.
Trying to think of worse constructed teams is hard to do.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty fesenko is a sheed fan!

Post  frankied Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:38 pm

Flip wrote:Finally some good news on the Pistons FA front...

Brian T. Smith: Ex-#UtahJazz center Kyrylo Fesenko drawing interest from Heat, Warriors, Pistons, Clippers, source says. Twitter

that would be great. the warriors and clippers have a couple of big guys who would eat up time. the heat also have big guys, though they are not that great. the pistons are probably the team that can offer the most PT, which may be attractive.
plus, he is a pistons fan. in the interview linked below, he talks about how Sheed and the pistons are his favorites.

frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:00 pm

The Heat can only offer the league min... the Warriors have 15M tied up with their centers... not sure what's going on with the Clippers.... I heard the Kings may go after Fesenko since they lost out in Dalembert.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:03 pm

WISEFAN wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

barns67 you should find all the old familiar posters from Lions Talk

Thanks Wise, I needed that info!!!

Time to suck the juice out of the Chargers!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty CV tweets

Post  merc Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:06 pm

CV31 Charlie Villanueva
"Merry Christmas to me, yesterday I received the best present EVER"
A one way trip outta town?... that would fill a lot of Xmas stockings 🎅
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Finally some good news on the Pistons FA front

Post  Oracle Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:08 pm

Good news for who?

Whenever there are multiple GM's seeking a player(unless it's a scrub), Joe almost always loses out.

We wouldn't have ever sniffed Sheed if Larry Brown wasn't here!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next