Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Well that games really uh... umm... you know... kinda... sorta... you know... right? scratch
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Pistons Targeting Kaman

Post  Flip Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:52 pm

Matt Dery just revealed at the end of the postgame show that he thinks Kaman is the Pistons main target, and are going to pursue him heavily up until the trade deadline. Hoping to get him and re-sign him long-term. The main hold-up is that he can't be traded again yet, because he was just traded.

That goes hand in hand with what Joe said in an interview during the game. He said if there's 1 tweak they need to make its to get 1 more big man. He said thats their main goal right now, and whether it happens before the season or shortly after, thats what they are focused on.

When you consider Kaman cant be traded for a month (I think), that must be what Joe was talking about when he said "shortly after".

If we can plop Kaman in the middle, and let Monroe go back to being an energy/put-back guy while he develops his offense, with all perimeter scoring we have, and the solid team defense Frank appears to be installing, we could have a really good team once they all learn the system.

What could Joe offer for him?

NO is going to need young talent and not take on money, being in an ownership change. What young talent would Joe give up to get Kaman, and what contracts do we have to match salary that wouldnt be sending back huge contracts?
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Pistons Target

Post  merc Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:37 am

That's why I think Joe won't use the full MLE... so he can do an unbalanced salary trade if needed... The new CBA provides a lot more flexibility for $ matches.
Kaman's short term deal is not a killer... but the trade restrictions are 90 days.... he's not exactly the intimidator we need but he's not a liability either... can block at least two shots per and rebounds well.
I've been watching Kaman since he was a frosh at CMU (backyard)... he's more mobile than you might think.... then there's that injury bug thing [insert Arnie remedies here]
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Kaman Trade

Post  Flip Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:57 am

merc wrote:That's why I think Joe won't use the full MLE... so he can do an unbalanced salary trade if needed... The new CBA provides a lot more flexibility for $ matches.
Kaman's short term deal is not a killer... but the trade restrictions are 90 days.... he's not exactly the intimidator we need but he's not a liability either... can block at least two shots per and rebounds well.
I've been watching Kaman since he was a frosh at CMU (backyard)... he's more mobile than you might think.... then there's that injury bug thing [insert Arnie remedies here]

Is it really 90 days? I was trying to look up the rules. I thought it was only 1 month, but I'm probably wrong.

I think he'd be a great addition because he will take all the pressure off Monroe on offense, and give Greg single coverage every play, allowing him to relax in the post and go to work. He could also learn a lot from Kaman in the post.

90 days wouldnt be until the end of the season though in March. Sucks we'd have to wait that long. But it makes sense because Dery said it would be likely a trade deadline deal, which is in March. If we can guarantee to get Kaman in March, I'm cool with holding off on the MLE. Maybe we can still add a vet min big like Pryzbilla or something until then.

Macklin looked good tonight. I wouldnt mind seeing him start next to Monroe. The Daye-Tay-Jerebko, 2-3-4 lineup is just too skinny. I like Daye at SG, but then we need some beef up front. I think Jerebko is best off the bench in the role they had Maxiell in tonight. Time for Maxiell to go.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty TRADE GORDON NOW!!!

Post  deusXang Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:57 am

This is the time to see what Utah is going to do about their overloaded frontcourt.....Ben Gordon and next years second round draft pick for Al Jefferson. Just ask Joe. Make the phone call Joe.

deusXang

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty i'd settle for signing fesenko....

Post  frankied Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:25 am

fesenko would be an upgrade for the frontcourt. he could give the team 20-25 minutes of solid defensive play. they desperately need that kind of help.
while joe is signing guys like wilkins - who is not needed - he ignores a desperate need.
it is insane.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty I'm finally in

Post  Oracle Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:04 am

Flip, I registered in the beginning as Oracle, but the system wasn't working like it is now.

Is it possible to delete the old one, and let me register as Oracle again?

GREAT to see you guys again, I didn't know how much I missed you dudes, LOL!

BTW, I also lost the address to the forum, but thanks to Flip for leaving a comment on the DetNews Pistons article. BTW, the .com isn't in the post, I just knew to add it.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:06 am

deusXang wrote:This is the time to see what Utah is going to do about their overloaded frontcourt.....Ben Gordon and next years second round draft pick for Al Jefferson. Just ask Joe. Make the phone call Joe.

Yeah, Gordon SUCKS!

That turd can't dribble to save his life, and I thought RIP was bad with the ball!

Also, if anybody saw the highlights of the game last night, Stuckey is STILL HORRIBLE at finishing, I'm almost ready to trade his arse too!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Ode To Antonio McDysse

Post  FlyDog Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:19 am

My brother emailed me this poem:

dearest tony
15 years, alas a cup of tea,
too bad about youre fuckin knees.

for a while there
you did as you please.
you certainly gave fond memories.
of you and kelser and blaha too
tony makes the long two!!!!!!

your freethrows that we'd raher forget,
like teardrops and the rings we didnt get.
a comeback yes in deed it was
but rather we won a lil more Cuz!

youll go out a spur, thats for
sure.
but we all know your heart is pure.

love ya tony, just a bit,
nary a jersey hangs on my rack
but i got three of rasheeds-
oh him i daren't lack.

so a toast to you tony,
though halfhearted might be
give big tim a kiss for me and
tony parker and that coach of yours too,
you'll miss san antonio, you goshdarn kookoo.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:49 am

TheOracle wrote:Flip, I registered in the beginning as Oracle, but the system wasn't working like it is now.

Is it possible to delete the old one, and let me register as Oracle again?

GREAT to see you guys again, I didn't know how much I missed you dudes, LOL!

BTW, I also lost the address to the forum, but thanks to Flip for leaving a comment on the DetNews Pistons article. BTW, the .com isn't in the post, I just knew to add it.

Oracle, glad you found the forum. When Rett tried to register she said there was a problem, so I went in to manually activate her account and noticed you had registered too under "Oracle". So I activated your account too. I tried emailing the address you left to tell you it was activated but I could never get it to go through. Anyway, so the "Oracle" account should still be active if you want to just log-in through that from now on. If you need me to reset your password or anything just let me know.

btw Gordon is dreadful. This smiley has better handles than him, Basketball

lol!
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Ode To Antonio McDysse

Post  Flip Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:52 am

LOL

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Unbalanced Trade

Post  Grizz Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:12 am

Merc . that is a good point about saving the MLE for a trade .. hadnt thougt about that and brings us some hope ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:14 am

[quote="FlyDog"]My brother emailed me this poem:

dearest tony
15 years, alas a cup of tea,
too bad about youre fuckin knees.

I especially like the opening! And we can swear here now! HAHA .. effin right we can! Razz
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Think it is darn ironic that ..

Post  Grizz Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:19 am

We are / were paying a total about 30 million smack-a-roos to our shooting guards coming into this season(Rip, Ben G, Stuck) and yet we have to rely on a 6-11 swing hybrid to start at SG!? I guess it was a good scoring game for Daye though there were some other parts of his game that could have been better .. Still .. he is our best player over the first 2 games ..

Last edited by Grizz on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Oracle and DX

Post  WTF Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:21 am

Finally you guys made it home, it's about freaking time I was missing you mugs,
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Rip Hamilton....Knight Is Missing Him

Post  WTF Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:19 am

[justify]Looks great with the Bulls and they are going to love him in Chicago. Rip is going to give them consistent assist, rebounds, and points. I still say we bought out the wrong SG and that Gordon should have been traded, bought out, amnestied anything but still sporting a Pistons uniform.

Knight would be love Rip about right now his assist totals in these 2 games would be double figures, his TO would be almost nil if had Rip to pass to. Knight will get better with the turnovers once the players are set but its clear that both he and Stuckey should be starting and YES Tay should get the start at SF. Macklin should be getting PT and not Big Ben, Big Ben looked like an old turd on that wide open fast break and couldn't get the ball over the rim.

BTW is Irving still whipping on Bynum arse?
[/justify]
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:28 am

Bulls were also smart to lock up Rose for the next 5 seasons as well. Lets hope Joe will be samrt enough to do the same thing with Monroe and Knight and offer deals before their current expires. Don't let your players go into free agency extending contracts show a player just how valued they are.

Rose must have all the confidence in the world that the Bulls are close, can't be easy walking pass that statue every single day and wanting to stay their.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty formerly known as "Big Trade '08"

Post  Go Stone Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:24 am

Thanks for providing the hidden message on the Det News sport page. I enjoy you guys despite not posting a whole lot.

I LOVE the idea that Joe is being patient and waiting for teams who want to be under the cap and are desparate. Just remember that Joe made small but significant trades when he first came on the scene (remember when we had Stackhouse?) and all those players added up to good production eventually.

It seems Frank may want to see what each player can do before getting rid of them. If they can change (ie. CV) into a defensive player they can stay. If not...it is a short season and they can leave.

Go Stone

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:41 am

Yes...it was good to see Rip playing well along side Rose.

Good win last night, but we need to seriously cut down on the TOs. Knight had 6, Daye had 5 and Bynum had 5....ouch.

We might not win a lot of games this year, but the good news is we'll probably be in the running for Anthony Davis, Jared Sullinger or maybe even Andre Drummond in this year's draft.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Where did all our good guards go?

Post  Grizz Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:53 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

And Chauncey and Afflalo are getting good reviews so far too with their teams .. How many present Pistons would I trade if salary wasnt an issue (just dreaming) ?? ... Rip .. any guard but Knight .. Chauncey same thing ... Afflalo same thing .. I have lost faith in everyone else guardwise .. Hopefully these other guards will prove me wrong ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:46 am

Nice to see some of the Det News Posters joining the fray.... we just need about three or 4 more key posters and it will be like it was.

Flip, I misspoke on a deal for Kaman... I was thinking about a new FA signing...yes he can be traded immediately as long as he's not packaged with a teammate.
I can't imagine N.O. paying both of those salaries (Kaman & Okafor)... but what can we offer them?
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty RE: Main

Post  Stones Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:57 am

We could offer Hornets the mid-level exception (worth, what, 5+M?) or Maxiell and CV with potential draft picks (our first for their 2nd, etc). Ok, Max and CV...you talked me into it:) Hornets want something that is going to assist their future either young or expiring contracts. I think CV would work well with Okafor and spread the floor.

Dumars knows the rules of trading a team and what it needs to look like. He can offer his advice along the way.

This trade could also come along well into the season and closer to the trade deadline.

Did I hear the Hornets are looking at getting sold within 30 days? Or was that a dream?

Stones

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty rip...

Post  frankied Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:16 am

Grizz wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

And Chauncey and Afflalo are getting good reviews so far too with their teams .. How many present Pistons would I trade if salary wasnt an issue (just dreaming) ?? ... Rip .. any guard but Knight .. Chauncey same thing ... Afflalo same thing .. I have lost faith in everyone else guardwise .. Hopefully these other guards will prove me wrong ..

grizz,
thanks for the video link.
what is so crazy about the pistons' guard situation now is that the team had a great rotation and joe just screwed it up.
chauncey, rip, stuckey, afflalo and bynum....it was the league's best backcourt and stuckey and afflalo were waiting in the wings to take over and maintain the high level of production. with bynum as the combo guard.
and joe just destroyed it in a series of moves that are proving to be so stupendously bad that it is almost incomprehensible.
and what makes it SO bad is the fact that he tore it apart, and didn't get jack-shyte for all of those guys.
for rip? nothing! in fact, we're paying his salary for the next two years, while he kicks our a@@.
for afflalo? nothing. one of the best two way guards in the league and we literally gave him away.
for chauncey? nothing except for salary cap space, which joe wasted on two guys who probably shouldn't be in the top 8 rotation players.
i said it the day they dumped rip and i'm going to say it again...the team will miss him and he is going to help take chicago deep into the playoffs. and like i said, i wouldn't be surprised to see him in an all star uniform this year, as he's going to go back to his old rip self, playing all star level basketball.
and it will be obvious that the only thing wrong with rip was the horrendous situation dumars put him in.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty kamen or okafur

Post  frankied Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:21 am

either one would help.
kamen would provide more offense, while okafur would help more defensively.
but either one would be an upgrade over what the team has now.
whoever mentioned that new orleans wouldn't want to keep both is absolutely correct. i haven't checked the salary numbers, but they have to be paying over 20 million, plus, for both of those guys. no team wants to pay that much for two good, but not great centers.
too bad they already have a stuckey-like player - gordon - or else stuckey would be a nice piece to try to offer them.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Hearing This Make Me Sick

Post  WTF Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:32 pm

Dalembert said it's a "possibility" his contract could be similar to Brown getting $7 million for his one year with Golden State. But Dalembert said money for his deal could depend on whether he signs for one or two years.

Now if Dalembert is willing to sign such a deal returning to the SacTown surely he would accept 24 over 3 season from us.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next