Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Thanks Flip, Frankied & Grizz for the Avatar Help, Come on Fly

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:04 am

It's your turn on the Avy's, turn one out. My 1st One was John McCain & Myself, the 2nd My cat & Me, then I put the fire one out at the palace, maybe part of that fire will catch Dumars in his azz & get him on the ball, Letting Fesenko Memo just walk right on by, Wow! Now that takes character.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:11 am

Just thinking out loud here... but this team could be just one talented big man from being a good team... something to ponder.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Double Dog Dare You

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:16 am

Grizz: Seen that challenge to Fly about posting a picture of himself, what do you say we all post one, I did on my first two avatars tonight but took them off, why can't everyone post one for the day to see how fuggin' ugly we all are, anybody? Might be a Hoot, I say yea. Besides that when you challenged him that also meant you were going to post one as soon as he did right? He-He!
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Hey Merc

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:18 am

Don't tell Dumars that, he might go after Juan Dumbutt, you know his talent for spying Bigs.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:18 am

merc wrote:Just thinking out loud here... but this team could be just one talented big man from being a good team... something to ponder.

I do agree, if we could add Kaman, I think it would put everyone into their correct position. the offense would be balanced, Monroe will have all the pressure off him, open shots for the guards, we'd be great rebounding with Monroe/Kaman, etc. If Joe can get a Kaman, he might save his career.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Kind of Thrilling

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:19 am

As far as watching Knight play today .. it reminded me too of watching Thomas, as others have said and I havent felt this much pure joy in watching a Piston play in a long time .. Knight has to be the best player potentially at least . we have had since Grant Hill and he could surpass him .. Probably too early to say that .. but that is how I feel .. Knight has to start and has to run this team .. he is the reason Ben Gordon started playing well.. Stuckey cannot be the starting point guard for this team any more ... If Dumars and / or Frank wont roll with that .. then they need to be replaced pronto! Signing Prince looks like a big waste .. as so many of us suspected .. JJ should be the SF and big amen to you Flip on your post on that .. Nice avatar Sissy .. I had the same trouble figuring it out .. Thanks to Flip for this site and his management of it ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Don .. you might be right about Monroe .. but ..

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:24 am

.. I also think that having just 1 big out there is too much for Monroe ... It would be too much for just about any big .. Remember when Ben Wallace and Rasheed were out there together .. We need that again .. or at least .. somone .. Hell .. Wilcox alone would be an improvement .. and he went to Boston .. At least having Knight will encourage players to come here again .. Everyone wants to play with a good PG .. Stuckey .. forced into this dumb charade .. no one wants to play with him as PG ... I dont blame Stuckey .. This is on Dumars and the out of position stuff has to stop .. but with the dumb contracts .. gonna be hard to do that easily .. Gore .. I hope you know what is and has been going on .. By the way .. Gore seems very classy .. with the tribute to Mr. Davidson as well as addressing the team after the game 1 loss ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty grizz

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:43 am

Doing a little slide show before I go back to my other avatar. Remember this cover of Rip, Ben & Chauncy? im leaving it for 2 minutes then will show another with a pic of myself coming up. I'll be the 1st.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Slideshow

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:53 am

This would be me sitting at the FSN desk on Valentines day 2008 when they had the desk in the lobby.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Sissy

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:33 am

Sorry I missed the pics in your slide show! .. actually ..I tried to put up a picture of myself .. the recent photos are all digital and way too big .. will work out a way to convert it .. if it doesnt scare the crap out of everyone .. Wink
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty DEUSXANGO FOR THE DEFENSE

Post  deusXango Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:01 am

As I watch these very gifted, skilled, extraordinary physical specimans perform by playing a game I often forget that for the most part they're not very emotionally mature. Hell, some seasoned vets aren't that emotionally mature! I looked into the face of Brandon Knight during the after game interview and the joy of having played an exceptional game (compared to his teamates) shined all over his face. He was cool, articulate, and his intelligence was apparent; when his feelings become hurt because what he understands about the game, and knowing how hard he's worked yield nothing from the powers that be (Frank and Dumars) how will he handle that? Stick a pin in that for now.

Second game second season and already Greg Monroe has begun to catch flack for lackadaisical play. It has been suggested that he's regressed as a player and the endless dissection of his shortcomings as an athlete has begun and no one questions why. What did he witness in that first year? What did he personally endure during the course of the season, and what was he lead to believe regarding his role going forward? We all know he played out of position last year, he worked hard and waited his turn to replace an inferior player, and kept his head through all the madness that surrounded him. By seasons end he was regarded as the best player on the team and deserving help.....big man help! Where is it? The tallest men on the team are all light in the ass, the fiercest big is old and beat, and their are those who have been lazy since the day he arrived in Detroit. He had to have been promised a real center so he could move from the middle, hell the fans were promised a competitive center was coming! Emotional immaturity not lack of playing skills is Monroe's problem. He's sulking because he's been lied to, and as we all know, way overmatched in the middle (he and Jonas ain't enough and he knows it) and he see's no end in sight. He's frustrated, but he must go forward, and he see just what we see; this team needs a big man presence, and the GM is sitting on his ass doing God knows what.

Back to Knight. He's gonna see what Monroe witnessed last year from an entirely different perspective; he's been put in a position to unseat the GM's favorite child, the one who's always talked up to "slide over" to SG.....SG so he can really "ballhog." The problem that's going to arise is their skill sets are not compatible, and then there is the signifying in the locker room, and the belittleing on the road ("hey rookie this, hey rookie that") to constantly let Knight know who's boss. He's going to see an $8 million low percentage shooter, who struggles to average 15 pts., replace an $11 million scoring machine and with his intellectual where-with-all he'll be able to reason this team is a madmans dream. How will this effect his emotional well-being? You don't have to be a "crybaby" to have your feelings hurt, just be proud and work your butt off and live through it all going sideways on you, and knowing that someone could have prevented it from happening.

Dumars doesn't know how to develop talent, can't create and maintain a nurturing environment for character and chemistry to flourish, and it would appear, a very poor judge of people. Everything this team needs to succeed comes from Dumars office; it's not the indians, it's the chief.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty the team is getting worse, not better...

Post  frankied Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:05 am

i just realized that is what has been bugging me.
watching the first two games - and the preseason - it was impossible to deny that this team is worse than the team that started last year.
it is basically the same team except for a few minor changes, most of them bad. instead of the team getting better it is getting worse. instead of progress, what is happening is regression.
tay is a year older and creakier and it shows.
big ben is a year older and it also shows.
maxiell is a year older and he looks like he is aging in dog years. he is losing whatever he had faster than i have ever seen an nba player lose it.
rip is gone, and whatever one thinks of him, he was probably the best pure SG on the team last year. imho, he is a superior player than gordon. gordon's only plus - over rip - is that he had more range on a shot that was much, much streakier.
mcgrady is gone, and despite the fact that i couldn't stand him, he had one of the highest BB IQ's on the club and it is clear that they miss that on-court intelligence. (i'm thinking of stuckey!)
they have added JJ, which helps, but it is becoming clear that he is playing out of position at PF. (as i've been saying forever!)
they added knight, which is great, but it remains to be seen how much his play will matter, considering the other duds in the backcourt. (i'm thinking of stuckey.)
so on balance, as tough as it may be to accept, it really, truly looks like this team is worse than last year's addition of the pistons.
THAT is a sobering thought.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Observations

Post  Murph Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:04 am

Knight thankfully got off the schneid and had an outstanding game. He was beginning to worry me. He certainly can shoot.

Monroe might have struggled, but Jerebko was totally dominated in the paint. Jerebko is becoming a tweener. He's too slow to play SF and he doesn't rebound well enough, or defend in the post well enough to play PF.

Daye was an unmittigated disaster. He hasn't scored a point yet this season, and when his shot is broke, he has nothing else to offer.

Larry Franks losing steak now extends to 19 games. (He lost his last regular season game in 08-09 also.)

This could be one of the worst Pistons teams I've ever watched in my lifetime.

My wife tells be I need to stop watching the Pistons because it puts me in such a bad mood. (She might be right.)

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Come On Flip

Post  WTF Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:36 am

Flip said "I really think Joe has gone senile. You would think if he wasnt smart enough to remember it on the court all these years with Rip/Stuckey, that negotiating Rips buyout wouldve been a big reminder what happens when you give a big ext to a washed up vet, while you have young guys on the team who are better and play the same position. But in the same week he bought out Rip, he basically just went and shifted Rips contract over to Tay, and now we have the same problem still - a washed up vet who cant play making big money. So he has to play over the young guy, forcing the young guy out of position.

I wouldn't call Rip a washed up player nor was he the worst SG on the team and by all accounts Ben Gordon should have been the one gone. You also may very well be overstating JJ being the best SF as well, I get your point about players being out of position but extending Rip and Tay isn't the issue or was the issue in Rip's case. We had the right setup at the guard position with CB, Rip, Stuckey and Affalo and Joe screwed that up thus I agree with the senile part concerning Joe.

Lets not get overly excited by Gordons 25 points as I watch him get his arse whipped on defense all game basically making that 25 pts a wash.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty More Observations

Post  Murph Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:38 am

As our starting "PF" Jebebko is pulling down only 5.5 rebounds a game. Yikes!

Last year we had too many shooting guards. This year, we have too many SFs...Prince, Jerebko, Daye and Wilkins.

I hope Joe didn't do with Jerebko what he did with Maxiell. And that is sign him to a long term contract after one decent year. Has anyone noticed that Jerebko can no longer elevate?

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Pathetic

Post  FlyDog Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:40 am

What a garbage roster put together by the garbage can man. BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Prediction: 2-64.

For those who have challenged me to post my own picture as my avatar......what are you talking about? That IS me.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Avatar

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:57 am

Fly .. Good one! :lol: Glad to see as miserable as the Pistons are .. your sense of humor rises above the disaster .. Guess my eyes arent quite as good as they used to be .. Wink
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Rip

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:03 am

Wise .. that's true .. Rip is better than anyone we got at SG now .. and better than they are likely ever to get .. Dumars must be a terrible draw poker player cuz he doesnt know what to keep and what to discard ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Avatars

Post  FlyDog Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:05 am

Mornin Grizz.........and it's nice to see somebody else step up and update their profile. Yeah..........this team is a mess; but their OUR mess, dammit! Off to the Dr., all of this working I'm doing is making me sick!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Avatars

Post  WTF Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:11 am

Hey I think my avatar speaks for itself, I'm angry and full of rage and not from this planet. Obviously I'm a zillion light years away, timeless and ageless. I'm The Cynic :farao:
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Avatar

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:26 am

Cynic.... actually your avatar scares the crap out of me! affraid ...but so do our lack of bigs on the Pistons..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Rip

Post  WTF Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:29 am

Grizz its just no need to take shots at Rip games which was grossly affected by all of Joe's dum decisions since the Billups trade. There's nothing wrong with Rip and again I would much rather have a SG that consistently give me double figure scoring 5 assist and 6 rebound who was the better defender at 6'7 and defend SF's.

The Stuckey and Rip combo failed largely in part to the lack of consistency in the guard rotations. Trying to squeeze minutes for Bynum and having a back up who couldn't conform to a 20 minute role off the bench. I think had Stuckey and Rip played a consistent 35 minutes with each other that both would have been all the better for it. Stuckey eventually would have learned all of Rip sweet spots on the floor and Stuckey in turn would have become a better passer and potentially a better floor leader. A 6'5 combo guard and a 6'7 SG sound like better perimeter defense as well. Gordon got his arse kick again and I can only assume that Franks realizes Knight need those minutes Bynum was getting as well as the fact Bynum got his arse ripped in 2 preseason games by Irving, Session and Gibson already.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Mark Jackson and Golden State

Post  Sebastian Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:32 am

Folks, did any of you happen to see the marvelous coaching job and game played by the Golden State Warriors while beating the Knicks.

Jackson coached his ass off. He made the right substitutions. Coached the game at an excellent pace. Monte Ellis played the best game of his career. Ellis' floor game was the best he has ever played. Brandon Rush balled. I mean Golden State played.

And, what do WE have to look forward to?

It really is sad. Sad

Last edited by Sebastian on Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING 'BOUT!

Post  deusXango Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:05 am

frankied wrote:i just realized that is what has been bugging me.
watching the first two games - and the preseason - it was impossible to deny that this team is worse than the team that started last year.
it is basically the same team except for a few minor changes, most of them bad. instead of the team getting better it is getting worse. instead of progress, what is happening is regression.
tay is a year older and creakier and it shows.
big ben is a year older and it also shows.
maxiell is a year older and he looks like he is aging in dog years. he is losing whatever he had faster than i have ever seen an nba player lose it.
rip is gone, and whatever one thinks of him, he was probably the best pure SG on the team last year. imho, he is a superior player than gordon. gordon's only plus - over rip - is that he had more range on a shot that was much, much streakier.
mcgrady is gone, and despite the fact that i couldn't stand him, he had one of the highest BB IQ's on the club and it is clear that they miss that on-court intelligence. (i'm thinking of stuckey!)
they have added JJ, which helps, but it is becoming clear that he is playing out of position at PF. (as i've been saying forever!)
they added knight, which is great, but it remains to be seen how much his play will matter, considering the other duds in the backcourt. (i'm thinking of stuckey.)
so on balance, as tough as it may be to accept, it really, truly looks like this team is worse than last year's addition of the pistons.
THAT is a sobering thought.
Frankie D, Frankie D, Frankie "D" Man! This is a stunning assessment of what's happening with our beloved team! Shame on whoever is responsible.

Last edited by deusXango on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Over the Hill?

Post  Lobo Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:29 am

How did I miss the article from Kieth Langlois announcing that Brian Hill would be retained as an assistant coach of Our Beloved team? I just about fell out of my chair when I saw coach Frankenfurter fist-bumping Hill on the sidelines! I mean if Shannon Brown and Roy Rogers got they own stories why not explain what this bum is still doing in town? Either that our have him wear Groucho glasses...

Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next