Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+6
cool breeze
Sparma
Oracle
WTF
BallinD
deusXango
10 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty What the outlook means

Post  deusXango Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:16 am

"The Pistons wrap up the preseason looking to get healthy and finally get a look at their regular rotation playing together."-Rod Beard

The regular rotation? Will it include Ellenson, obviously the hardest working, most consistent, big man in camp? Will Kennard be prominently featured in this rotation? Who will be our starting PG? Will this rotation leave you feeling it was honestly, fairly, thought out?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Double Talk

Post  BallinD Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:57 pm

SVG talks out of both sides of his mouth, we know this. He will never say he would sit Dre and Weggie because of defense, maybe Gores will not allow it, and maybe he is chickensh!t and maybe it is a combination of that and not wanting to dissuade trade partners (we can hope).

He can talk the lie to the average fan, the slappies in the media will never question his pronouncements, and so it is left to the serious fans on the forums to call him out. A lot of good it will do us.

Now Galloway, the second coming of Vinnie Johnson, will have the "green light" to shoot. This ensures the second play of his vaunted offense will be run, the famous "fire away" play he often calls when he is desperate for offense.

I used to hate that the Pistons were so often a jump-shooting team over the years. Better get used to it, I guess. Still, it would be nice if they could run a play where screening and cutting, swinging the ball from side-to-side and all that garbage, is employed.

BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:35 pm

Sparma wrote:That sounds like quite a plausible interpretation, Oracle.  The only hopeful note that I'd sound against it is that it's much in SVG's interest to showcase the youth movement as promising this year, what with his Pistons future at stake.  He may need to give a little on his deeply ingrained tendency to go all in for results now, particularly if those present results aren't so great.

Oracle wrote:Hint, Kennard and Ellenson will get screwed!

First we hear that SVG isn't satisfied with the defense(when is he ever, not even when we were top 10).
It shows up in this story:  Pistons' SVG uncertain about rotation, not satisfied with defense

Next, there's this, buried in a story about the central division... read it carefully.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/10/central-notes-bulls-pistons-smith.html wrote:While Pistons projects Luke Kennard and Henry Ellenson figure to make an impact on the team eventually, they’ll have to beat out defensive-minded veterans Reggie Bullock and Anthony Tolliver for minutes, Keith Langlois of the team’s official site writes. Both Tolliver and Bullock provide plenty of intangible skill that make life easier for the second unit.
Putting this together, SVG has his excuse for not playing the youngsters. They even insult them by calling them Projects... wow!

While this is bad news for some, it's great news for Stanley. His offense is low, but much more efficient so far this year, and none of the youngsters even come close to his level of defense, so he's in solid!

WTF, Oracle and Sparma notice that the logic used by SVG is so flawed it is showing signs that SVG might be going a bit insane because of the pressure he feels for signing those free agents and giving both RJ and AD huge contracts. While SVG says he is upset with the Piston defense so far and hints that the young guys might be on the outside looking in, he completely dismisses the actual facts as to who really drags down the defense. AD, RJ, Ish Smith, Boban, Jon Leuer are the inept defensive players based on past history of actually playing regular season basketball games. Has SVG waived his magic wand and somehow turned all of his pet players into solid defensive minded above average defenders? SVG bases everything he does on a hope and prayer that Piston fans will have no memory of last season and how the players he counts on failed on the big stage. Why anyone would believe anything he says is incredible. Zeke would have moved AD and RJ very quickly regardless of the return. Just reduce the payroll.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Will youth be served?

Post  Sparma Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:46 pm

That sounds like quite a plausible interpretation, Oracle. The only hopeful note that I'd sound against it is that it's much in SVG's interest to showcase the youth movement as promising this year, what with his Pistons future at stake. He may need to give a little on his deeply ingrained tendency to go all in for results now, particularly if those present results aren't so great.

Oracle wrote:Hint, Kennard and Ellenson will get screwed!

First we hear that SVG isn't satisfied with the defense(when is he ever, not even when we were top 10).
It shows up in this story:  Pistons' SVG uncertain about rotation, not satisfied with defense

Next, there's this, buried in a story about the central division... read it carefully.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/10/central-notes-bulls-pistons-smith.html wrote:While Pistons projects Luke Kennard and Henry Ellenson figure to make an impact on the team eventually, they’ll have to beat out defensive-minded veterans Reggie Bullock and Anthony Tolliver for minutes, Keith Langlois of the team’s official site writes. Both Tolliver and Bullock provide plenty of intangible skill that make life easier for the second unit.
Putting this together, SVG has his excuse for not playing the youngsters. They even insult them by calling them Projects... wow!

While this is bad news for some, it's great news for Stanley. His offense is low, but much more efficient so far this year, and none of the youngsters even come close to his level of defense, so he's in solid!
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Two related stories tell you who will start and get the most minutes...

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:03 pm

Hint, Kennard and Ellenson will get screwed!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty @Cool

Post  WTF Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:39 pm

That's tanking and it been something I've been screaming for a while now since last season to be exact.   I'm even more for it this season though I'm sure some might disagree but I think we're a better team without Reggie and Andre and could be even better next season with a much brighter future in the immediate future if both Andre and Reggie can be converted into a early 1st round pick and a late pick in the first.  

I think we can do with Brady, Ellenson, Kennard, Harris, and SJ what we did with Chauncey, Rip, Big Ben, and Tay.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Don & Wise

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:30 pm

Wise, I have little faith in SVG playing the guys that actually play best. He uses a complicated formula that contains equal parts of politics, who he likes, who's paid the most, and which way the buffalo's are herding to determine who starts. I guarantee you that lineup won't be seen unless major injury occurs.

Don, Keith Langlois has his head so far up the Piston Organizations ass that he can still taste Joe's jelly donuts. Damn near all of his stories are plants designed to spread SVG's fantasy about players and what's right or wrong with them in the book of SVG.

As I've said, I don't want to feel this way about SVG, hell I fought going down this road with Joe until it became obvious that he had totally lost whatever he had.

The bottom line with SVG is that he's made so many bad decisions that turning this around will take a very long time or it's just impossible under his tenure... I'm leaning towards the latter!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty My Two Cents For The Day

Post  WTF Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:12 pm

Oracle wrote:He'd do exactly what DX said, and Phillip added to.
DX wrote:Start the best who've shown something during camp and preseason...Smith @ PG, Bradley @ SG, Harris @ SF, Ellenson @ PF, and Drummond @ center.
Phillip wrote:Ish can handle the starting duties for the next 6 months.
Beyond a doubt, that starting lineup EARNED the right to start the preseason... IF SVG was a straight shooter.

I'm not saying there aren't other considerations, there are, I've talked about some of them related to Ellenson.

But I'm not the guy telling people that it's a straight up competition for jobs, if that's true, then those are the winners!

This would be my starting lineup as well so far and if it were then my prediction would have been much hire than 40 wins.  Sadly I can't count on SVG doing the right things and what's best for the team overall.   

Running a team these day has been more complicated and complex un-necessarily and bothers me to no end.  It's is simple pick your best player at each position then provide them with a solid plan of attack each game.  Plans can change but fundamentals should always be consistent so each should matter if a game plan changes if it means going left then be fundamentally prepared to go left and the same standard should apply if changes to going right.

Every year many of us apply the 20 game rule but in reality we should know what we have prior to the start of the season, starting lineups and rotation should already be solidly set.  How in the hell do you have 15-20 years of coaching experience and be so iffy about your players and how best to use them SVG needs to be fired.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty The fact remains the Detroit Pistons have a dysfunctional team where key players are just not good enough to compete well with other NBA teams

Post  cool breeze Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:50 pm

Notice the planted article to the right "With the Clock Ticking....". Then use common sense based on last season performances of the players mentioned and the alleged big decisions that have yet to be made relating to rotation spots let alone who starts. Then think for two seconds at the roster that the Bucks will throw up against the players mentioned in that article. Are you kidding? The Bucks have real athletes at center and power forward. All of their rotation guards are good defenders and good decision makers. And just where does Milwaukee stack up with the other Eastern conference teams? Are they as good as Washington, Cleveland, Boston, Miami, Philly etc. I think if healthy the Bucks will be the surprise team this season based on their playoff experience last season. They were a tough out every night in the playoffs. Our Pistons have big decisions to make of course. Will they start Jon Leuer at power forward with Andre Drummond based on pre season games and practice or will the coach base his decisions on how those to played last season in regular season games. How many coaches make much of anything out of pre season games? Good players don't even care about those games. They don't want to get injured. Those games only mean something to rookies up to 3rd year players. Nothing Jon Leuer or Andre Drummond or any other pro who has 4 years under their belts should mean anything at all other then some of them worked out over the summer and were at least in shape before training camp. Still that doesn't translate into anything of real meaning because they got their asses beat badly last season because of the flaws in their abilities compared to the players they played against. Bring out the selfish Reggie Jackson, Andre Drummond, Jon leuer is almost laughable to me. And the big secret weapon of course is Ish Smith. He has played so well in the pre season games. Who did he play against who was trying as hard as he was? How can he possibly play with the Pistons go up against Boston with Irving or Washington with Wall. That is just for starters. Smith cannot defend top tier point guards. He is too small to defend 2 guards. Jackson can't defend anyone because he wants to expend all of his energy scoring.

I was hoping that the coach would scrap all of this nonsense and admit that he has a horrible team. I guessed that the Pistons would win 47 games but that was based on my hope that Reggie jackson and Andre Drummond would be traded for at least one solid NBA player. Who believes that AD and RJ are solid NBA players based on last season? Who believes that Boban can play at the NBA level in a back up role night in and night out? But even better, who in hell believes that Jon Leuer can defend either the center or power forward positions? Oh I forgot for just a second, SVG planted that article to the right because he knows that Kevin Love will be playing center for Cleveland this season. So SVG has selected Jon Leuer to be a key player for the Pistons because he thinks that the only Piston Player on this team who can match up with Love is Leuer. Yet Leuer was humiliated by Arron Gordon with Orlando in the last regular season game. He just couldn't guard him at all and he couldn't guard Gordon's replacement either. Leuer and Drummond playing together at the same time is suicide. Then add either Jackson or Smith at the point guard and that makes THREE starters who are weak defenders. Common sense or logic and reason based on past history does mean something.

The Piston coaching staff should be playing the young players this season including Moreland who is not that young but is more fundamentally sound than any of the big men relating to playing defense. And I am not saying Moreland is the answer but if SVG is a straight shooter as Oracle referenced in his post, Moreland should start. That is how dysfunctional this team really has become. Just thinking about the Bucks matched up with the Pistons who do you think will win 99% of the time this season? Greg Monroe is better than any Piston big man and he comes off the bench. The other big guys on the Bucks team are gifted fast agile smart highly motivated players who love to play defense and swat away any attempt for opponents to get a shot off inside the painted area. They have a really good coach who inspires his players to play the right way. Those guys have been working together all summer long. They have fantastic team chemistry. We have reject players along with guys like Bradley, Johnson, Harris, Kennard, Ellenson, Moreland. I don't include Bullock anymore because he is suspended and that is a big red flag for me. Detroit needs a big trade now. None of the Bad Boys would want to play with Reggie Jackson or Andre Drummond. That is a fact. And Jon Leuer is a hard workers but come on this guy couldn't get off the bench on a bad Suns team. Leuer is being built up only because he makes a ridiculous $10M plus this season. And what does SVG's other ace player (Boban) make? SVG should have been fired long ago. I just wish he would stop planting stories. Fans start believing what he says if he says it enough times. Yep big big decisions are up in the air right now. How will SVG use his amazing roster this time around? And will he bring out the ace in the hole his 4 out and 1 in offense to surprise all opponents with the RJ and AD pick and roll game? You see there is really nothing new to talk about as long has the players responsible for the Piston's demise are still here. And I include the Piston front office that created this roster as the biggest reason why the Pistons will struggle AGAIN.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty If SVG was a straight shooter...

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:43 pm

He'd do exactly what DX said, and Phillip added to.
DX wrote:Start the best who've shown something during camp and preseason...Smith @ PG, Bradley @ SG, Harris @ SF, Ellenson @ PF, and Drummond @ center.
Phillip wrote:Ish can handle the starting duties for the next 6 months.
Beyond a doubt, that starting lineup EARNED the right to start the preseason... IF SVG was a straight shooter.

I'm not saying there aren't other considerations, there are, I've talked about some of them related to Ellenson.

But I'm not the guy telling people that it's a straight up competition for jobs, if that's true, then those are the winners!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Predictions so far...

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:35 pm

Regular Season
MemberWins
Cool Breeze47
Sparma43
Oracle42
Wise40
Stones
DX
Lemonpen
Phil1980boy
Sebastian
Murph
BallinD
Merc
Fly
Fennis
Sissy
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Ish is ready to run this team for now

Post  Phil-Good Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:56 am

[quote="deusXango"]"When you're pure and your mind is clear, it's easier to play well," Van Gundy said. "Ish never has any dilemmas. He's not a guy who's bitching about playing time, or worried that he's not getting enough shots, or upset at a teammate who he doesn't think passes enough. Ish just plays ball. Every day I've known him, every day I've coached him, Ish just plays ball."

If you don't mind guys. I'm going to drop my 2CENTS into this conversation. Simple and plain. Ish Smith is the better ball player.

Why? Because he is 100% Healthy and he's EGO FREE!

Ish is A DOGG! He had to fight his way to the NBA and he not use to playing any other way but 100% balls out.

If the Pistons have to trade Jackson and not got anything back but A low first or A ending contract. No worries. It's time to cut bait with Jackson right away!!! FAST! A.S.A.P!!!

Ish can handle the starting duties for the next 6 months.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  deusXango Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:04 am

"When you're pure and your mind is clear, it's easier to play well," Van Gundy said. "Ish never has any dilemmas. He's not a guy who's bitching about playing time, or worried that he's not getting enough shots, or upset at a teammate who he doesn't think passes enough. Ish just plays ball. Every day I've known him, every day I've coached him, Ish just plays ball."

If I'm to believe that Stan Van Gundy is more like us than different, this statement suggests to me that psychologically he's aware that Ish Smith is a better fit for this team as PG than Reggie Jackson. This could explain why Reggie made his return last year just as the team started following Ish and winning, even though Reggie had to know he wasn't ready or in game condition. What PG worries that his teammates aren't passing enough? Could it be that last years players only meeting went to the fact that after Reggie's return passes from the PG position dried up and their PG play suddenly sucked?

I've been waiting in vain for someone to address Stan Van Gundy's consistent overpayment of mediocre talent and lack of successful pursuit of top tier FA; if he feels that no one wants to play for Detroit, what's his reason for wanting to coach here and be president of the team? If he has no love for this city and pride in the established legacy of the Pistons, why's he in control of the franchise? Jeff Van Gundy, his brother, stated on national media outlets that it was no way in hell that his brother would have an interest in coming to Detroit back when he was under consideration for coaching the Pistons. Really, how hard has he been working, why's his record as president/coach no better than the coaching clowns who proceeded him? IMHO his heart ain't in making Detroit a winner again.

Uncomfortable naming Pistons starting lineup? You've got to be sh!tt!ng me. lol Start the best who've shown something during camp and preseason...Smith @ PG, Bradley @ SG, Harris @ SF, Ellenson @ PF, and Drummond @ center. Sure Stanley Johnson has made marked improvement over his second year, but meh. Ellenson, in his second year, has made tremendous improvement and is the best PF on the Pistons, right now, and allows Harris to play SF where he outclasses Johnson. Smith deserves to start and run this team until he consistently sucks to Reggie level and the offense stalls. Please, please, don't play the defense card as a means of discrediting this lineup before we see how it fares out. Show some stones SVG, this may well be your last go 'round.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty My Fear Is!

Post  BallinD Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:03 pm

Oracle said: Two keys to a very good season, and the difference, IMO, between fighting for 8th seed and 4th or 5th seed is Bradley & Bullock! As Ballin noted, I've come around, and while I wish KCP well, he ain't a Piston anymore and we need our guys to "Just Win Baby"

I think (fear) Weggie will take it upon himself to be the gatekeeper, since there is only one ball and Andre needs it when RJax doesn't have it.  Despite his talk, will he actively pass the ball to Bradley so he can have a career year in his contract year, or will he continue his evil ways and freeze Bradley out for the most part.  Remember folks, KCP and Weggie had virtually no synergy and KCP played better with Ish than Weggie.?

I think he will definitely freeze Kennard out, he's already started the process in the preseason.  He didn't play nice with Tobias and this year, with SVG saying Tobias might be the go-to guy, a fake leader like Weggie can't like the sounds of that.

If he doesn't play nice, he will hold the team hostage until he is traded.  I don't at all hate him, I just don't trust him to put team ahead of Weggie. facepalm   He would rather risk destroying chemistry again and keep his favored sons happy, rather than do the right thing.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Isaiah Thomas Says He Might Never Talk to Danny Ainge Again After Cavs Trade

Post  Oracle Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:35 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2738133?iid=ob_article_organicsidebar_expansion wrote:"Boston is going to be all love," he said. "I might not ever talk to Danny again. That might not happen. I'll talk to everybody else. But what he did, knowing everything I went through, you don't do that, bro. That's not right. I'm not saying eff you. But every team in this situation comes out a year or two later and says, 'We made a mistake.' That's what they'll say, too."

His exit from Boston irks Thomas. He's unhappy he played through a lingering hip injury during the postseason, saying, "No doubt about it, I should have sat out the playoffs. No way around it; I made it worse." He also said he was given "no warning" he'd be involved in the Irving swap, per Jenkins.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty We need the Gimp Squad to stay healthy!

Post  Oracle Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:11 pm

Two keys to a very good season, and the difference, IMO, between fighting for 8th seed and 4th or 5th seed is Bradley & Bullock! As Ballin noted, I've come around, and while I wish KCP well, he ain't a Piston anymore and we need our guys to "Just Win Baby"!

Here is a good article on Bradley, but the bottom line is that this is a contract year for him, so I'm hoping he gives us a great and productive season, but there are concerns. Note: DX, it appears that I was right, he is injured now(see red in article below), but it doesn't sound serious.
https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2017/10/11/16458948/pistons-tune-up-avery-bradley-needs-to-shed-injury-prone-label-this-season wrote:

Health

Avery Bradley has missed more than 20 games in five of his seven seasons. Last year he only managed 55 regular season games thanks to an Achilles injury, though he was healthy through the playoffs. He’s getting a reasonably-deserved reputation as an injury-prone player, which will be a major consideration as he heads to free agency this summer. It’ll also be key to the Pistons’ chances. They have solid depth at shooting guard with Langston GallowayLuke Kennard, and Reggie Bullock all likely able to provide competent minutes, but if the Pistons are going to make noise in the playoff race in the East, they’ll need Bradley out there. And he’s already been hobbled in the preseason with a cranky ankle.

Three point shooting

Bradley’s shooting from deep has been up and down throughout his career. He’ll shoot around 40 percent one year, then in the low-to-mid 30 percent the next. And his efficiency as a scorer has followed that trend. When Bradley is knocking down his three point shot, he’s a reasonably efficient scorer. When he isn’t, he’s not. And the Pistons desperately need guys who can both shoot the ball and score efficiently.

Defense

Bradley is regularly called one of the most underrated players in the league. And also one of the best perimeter defensive players in the league. But the numbers don’t match that reputation. Last year players shot two percentage points above their average field goal percentage when matched up with Bradley. He was 67th in the league in defensive real plus minus. Boston’s defensive rating was better with Bradley off the court. So is it possible he’s actually overrated, particularly on the defensive end?

In our brief glances at Bradley this preseason, it’s easy to see how he’s gotten his reputation. He has been a nuisance on the defensive side of the ball with his on the ball pressure and in playing the passing lane. So this may be a time where a player is more effective than the numbers suggest. But it’s worth watching. And if the Pistons plan on investing in Bradley beyond just this season at the price he’ll command, he’d better be a stopper.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty These Are NBA & NHLTeams That Shared

Post  WTF Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:22 pm

TorontoRaptors & Maple Leafs
DallasMavericks & Stars
Philadelphia76ers & Flyers
New YorkKnicks & Rangers
ChicagoBulls & Blackhawks
DenverNuggets & Avalanche
Washington D.C.Wizards & Capitals
BostonCeltics & Bruins
BrooklynNets & Islanders
Los AngelesLakers/Clippers & Kings
Not like it something new and I swear these crybaby overpaid pussy need to shut up, man up, put up and earn their freaking contracts.   Some of them still share arenas and still winning NBA titles.

Hell I remember the Pistons of old playing everywhere and anywhere, they may not have played entire seasons at some spot but a few games here and there at Cobo, Olympia, I believe the Joe once or twice, they freaking shared a leaky dome with the Lions, and were tough enough they might have play a January outdoor game at Tiger Stadium if need be.  

How do you find something to moan about a brand new state of the art arena before playing a full season in it.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Many Piston players are critical of the new arena? Can RJ be traded before the deadline? My guess on total Piston wins - 47 games

Post  cool breeze Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:59 pm

47 total wins is not anything to brag about being Detroit is in the Eastern conference. If Reggie is not traded and plays defense like he has done all his life, then Detroit will not reach that mark unless Reggie is injured, is still not tradable but goes on the injured reserve list so he doesn't hurt the team chemistry. All of us are really hard on RJ. He gave us his heart two years ago on offense. I just wish he would give us his heart on defense this year if he does play.

Was it a big mistake to move the team into a hockey arena? Have any of you ever witnessed basketball being played in an arena that it shares with a hockey team? I thought it was a mistake from the first moment the first news story was published. Everyone was pushing for the Pistons to move downtown and give up the Palace where a lot of history was made. By the way hockey was never played at the Palace to my knowledge. Reggie is not wrong to complain that ice is not a good mix with hardwood. Think about winter. What will it be like for the players? Will they need to wear long underwear? How about the humidity in the arena. Will the floor be slippery? Jackson is not the only player who is not happy about the new arena. Most of the players have kept quiet but more players than AD and RJ have complained. Imagine if the Pistons start losing big and few fans turn out in the cold months. How will the cheer leaders stay warm. They won't be showing any skin for sure. Will any free agents agree to a move to Detroit now? Not sure if there is newer technology now as compared to experiments made in the past for basketball teams to share space with hockey teams. Will they drain the ice before every basketball game? Will basketball players need to wear heaters in their shoes? Will AD be able to dance before the games after he slips and injures his groin doing the splits during a 360 degree twist out dance step? this hockey arena concept is another thing that could drive another nail in the Piston's coffin. But thinking positive about this new dilemma of playing basketball in the new Ice House as the players ill nickname it, how will opposing teams adjust to the Ice House? Maybe our players will become conditioned to freezing floor temperatures and beat the hell of of every opponent at home. That is why I guessed high on total wins for the Pistons. AD and RJ might not do any slacking on defense because it will be too cold to just stand around with their arms down by their knees. Is that why the owner decided to move the team into the Ice House?

Isn't it great that tax payers will get to pay for this new arena too where basketball players might need to wear blades on their shoes. When will this nonsense end? Normal middle class people cannot afford to pay for another new arena. And they cannot afford to attend Lion, Piston or Red Wing games anymore. Meanwhile the owners of those teams have nothing to lose. Is it time to support your local high school team in all sports?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Goals for this season for this Pistons team.

Post  Phil-Good Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:46 pm

1. Dump WIGGIE Jackson by any means necessary!!!

2. Develop  the young kids.

3. This is A rebuilding project. So draft well, draft high and draft often. AKA..Add picks..

4. Get prepared to say good bye to Andre Drummonds and Tobis Harris if the right trade comes along.

5. Dump WIGGIE Jackson A.S.A.P!!  Now he saying the AREAN is too cold because of the F.U.C.K.I.N.G Ice.. Sad  Sad   Get his Pu.S.S.Y azz A FREAKING HEATER and ship his azz out of town. LEt him take the F.U.C.K.I.N.G heater with him. BYE!!

I need to see Stanley Johnson develop some balls. He looking really suspect right now! If Johnson needs to play PF then let him.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Great article!

Post  Sparma Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:34 pm

Thanks for posting that article on GS/ Kerr, BallinD. I love this statement: "Don't pass for the sake of it," Kerr implores his team. "If you're open, shoot it. If not, pass it. But don't be stationary. Move!"

Wouldn't it be great to be able turn back time, and, knowing what we know, see how the Knicks would have done if Kerr had accepted Phil's offer? Safe to say that Steve made the right move in going to GS.

BallinD wrote:Sorry, had to get that off my chest.  This stuff is getting soooooooo tired.  "If we get the Weggie from two years ago," goes the knee-jerk reaction.  Well, we won't, and his defects, his lack of passing, his lack of pace, lack of conditioning, even when healthy, he had no energy nor inclination for defense, but SVG is a bully, so he picks on the rookies and marginal players and ignores it when his "Big Two" falter, cause that would require a new narrative...

1. We're not close to winning anything anytime soon

2. We're boring and do not maximize the lineup potential at all

3. We stall out when he runs the offense, to start games, and he just might, maybe try some hero ball if the game is on the line, or just wait till 22 seconds run off the clock then pass to somebody else for a quick Iso.

4.  We are terrible defensively with he and Dre on the court.  Hate it!

5. With Weggie setting the tone, we are a terrible passing team.

6. When will we finally, figure out that this team needs more than a freaking P&R?  1 in 4 out...Really?!?!

Interesting article on ESPN on "How the Warriors went from one of the worst passing teams to the best...

ESPN Article...  

LINK: Kerr Creates a Passing Team

"Kerr lays the foundation for the most devastating offense the NBA has not yet seen -- if only he could somehow turn the league's worst passing team into its best."
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty My Prediction

Post  WTF Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:27 pm

I'll have to 40-42

I'm still not convince this team is a solid .500 team not even sure if it's in the Top 8 of the Eastern Conference.   There are 3 reason why I'm making this year prediction.  

1. I'm not sold at all on SVG his coaching and overall decision making from both the President and Coach position sucks and it does borderline being just like the last few years of Joe's tenure as President.  This is my major concern of the 3 reasons I'm making my prediction of 40-42 this season. This team has some talented players they just need a system that works and a coach with some real balls. 

2.  Is Andre, as I stated in a previous post Andre needs to come up at least 2 levels.  Not be the same as last year, not increase 1 level but at least 2 levels but I'm not convince and seeing is believing.  This cat needs to be balling out on the defensive end like his name was Big Ben and he needs to clutch in big moment games like his name was Liambeer.  OMG he's making 25 million a season and I don't want to hear whining, complaining or excuses I just want to see his ass deliver the goods. If you think your Franchise then be Franchise put this team on your back and **** carry it to the ECF.

3. While I'm still of the belief that Reggie is gone before the season starts there's still a concern that SVG won't pull the trigger until trade deadline.  I have not a single ounce of confidence that Reggie is capable of leading this team and if left to do so only spells doom for this team.  Reggie is and will always be what he was at OKC and that's a backup behind a more capable starting PG.....PERIOD.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Go Ish, Scr&w Weggie

Post  BallinD Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:36 pm

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.  This stuff is getting soooooooo tired.  "If we get the Weggie from two years ago," goes the knee-jerk reaction.  Well, we won't, and his defects, his lack of passing, his lack of pace, lack of conditioning, even when healthy, he had no energy nor inclination for defense, but SVG is a bully, so he picks on the rookies and marginal players and ignores it when his "Big Two" falter, cause that would require a new narrative...

1. We're not close to winning anything anytime soon

2. We're boring and do not maximize the lineup potential at all

3. We stall out when he runs the offense, to start games, and he just might, maybe try some hero ball if the game is on the line, or just wait till 22 seconds run off the clock then pass to somebody else for a quick Iso.

4.  We are terrible defensively with he and Dre on the court.  Hate it!

5. With Weggie setting the tone, we are a terrible passing team.

6. When will we finally, figure out that this team needs more than a freaking P&R? 1 in 4 out...Really?!?!

Interesting article on ESPN on "How the Warriors went from one of the worst passing teams to the best...

ESPN Article...  

LINK: Kerr Creates a Passing Team

"Kerr lays the foundation for the most devastating offense the NBA has not yet seen -- if only he could somehow turn the league's worst passing team into its best."
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Sparma

Post  Oracle Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:03 pm

Got it!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Here's what we're dealing with...

Post  Oracle Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:01 pm

In the Pistons mailbag, a person asks a legitimate question and... 
http://www.nba.com/pistons/chatmailbox/pistons-mailbag-october-11-2017 wrote:David (Potomac, Md.): We have heard a lot from Stan about continuing to be tough on players but backing off on the condescending yelling and screaming. So after Eric Moreland put in a phenomenal game but missed one play, Stan yanks and screams at him. Stan later said he regretted it. Is Stan changing or not and how does this impact the team? Seems Stan expects his players to “improve each year” but he won’t or can’t.

Langlois: Let’s start by clearing up a few things. It wasn’t “after” Moreland put in a phenomenal game – 13 rebounds in 21 minutes – it was during the first half of the game when the Pistons surrendered a rebound because Moreland was guarding the wrong guy. After Van Gundy told him which player to guard while a foul shot was being taken seconds before the layup was sacrificed. And “yelling and screaming” is a little dramatic. He clearly and vociferously let Moreland know that he’d just committed an unpardonable sin – it’s one thing to blow an assignment out of confusion, quite another to not follow the most basic directive seconds later – and they moved on. Van Gundy talked to him before the next practice, 
This double standard is troubling. Of course Moreland made a mistake, but Drummond makes the same mistake 3-4 times a game. Moreland is new to the team and the system, why doesn't he get a better reaction.

IMO, it's that SVG goes after the people less able to fight back, and that says a lot.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 33 Empty Prediction

Post  Sparma Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks for organizing that, Oracle. I may take you up on a revision up until 10 games, but I'll venture: 43-39.

Oracle wrote:The season is almost upon us, and this season is really tough to predict, so let's see how the brave souls of this forum do it this time.

Because of the nature of this season, I think it's fair to give a prediction before the season starts, but you have the opportunity to change the prediction up until 10 games into the season.

A lot is at stake this season,

1. The future of SVG, Reggie & Drummond
2. Will Bradley stay or go
3. Will Kennard even get a chance to be in contention for ROY consideration
4. Will Stanley "Get it"
5. Just how good is Ellenson and can he knock Leuer out of the lineup

And that's just a few of the hot subplots going on with this team.

I'll kick it off: I was going to say 52 wins(I originally thought 54), almost entirely because of how weak the east is, but this last game on the road where they mostly faded and Bradley is already somewhat injured, I question how well they'll do away from LCA. I'm going a bit conservative this year and predicting 42 wins, while hoping for more.

Last Seasons Predictions: Sparma Won
Regular Season
MemberWins
Stones49
DX49
Lemonpen49
Oracle48
Phil1980boy47
Sebastian46
Murph46
BallinD45
Merc45