FORUM

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You pays your money and you takes your choice...

Post  Oracle on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:08 am

Regular Season
MemberWins
Sparma54
BallinD53
DX50
Lemonpen49
Murph48
Cool Breeze47
Oracle42
Wise39
Stones
Phil1980boy
Sebastian
Merc
Fly
Fennis
Sissy
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Another Good Win

Post  WTF on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:57 am

Give me 2 more wins at home and I'll concede now that my prediction of 39 wins might be wrong.   Another good win tonight so far so good.

Still something is sticking in my gut of just how long this will last and play out.  I know what I saw with this team last season from coaching to the players and it would be nice to say now that they've finally got it and perhaps they've have who knows.

While I'm still hating on the fact that the team still puts up for more 3's than I like to see SVG seem to have made some slight adjustments to his offense which still seems limited.   From the time we traded for Harris I was saying he needed to be the focus of the offense and I think SVG finally got that right 2 seasons too late.

I want to say that Reggie has finally seen the light perhaps he came across our forum and read how much we would love to see him gone. I just not sure if Reggie wants the role of floor general and start envying Harris and he goes back to Hero Ball.  

What I honestly think is going on is that SVG knows he's a potential Lame Duck Coach regardless to what Gore publically say's in support of him and I think the players realize that as well.   Reggie either concluded that he's either going to be great here or he's not going to be great at all so he needs to make this work but Reggie also knows he's on the trading block so instead of trying to be the next Westbrook as he were he decide to be the next CB.  Keeping Fingers Crossed on that

Maybe that Embiid Ass Whipping and biting comments lit a fire under Andre's ass and hopefully it last for the entire season. I'm not sure if he'll keep shooting FT at 70% but he looks to be way ahead of what was normal for him.

The reason I'm sticking with 39 is I'm not sure if SVG won't begin to panic if the team hits a patch of bad games and go back to what wasn't working the 2 previous seasons.  I also fear that SVG might pull a Joe and get to comfortable if things remain to go well and he settles and stand pat come trade deadline when he needs to be thinking next level
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Don

Post  Oracle on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:20 pm

Perhaps I should have been clearer. No, weeks later is not acceptable, I'm thinking more like days, otherwise they just missed this round of predictions.

It's not fair to everyone if someone comes in at 20 games and makes a prediction, so don't worry, I want to be fair, and giving people a little cushion is all I wanted to do.

Everybody doesn't check in every day, like Lemonpen, who didn't know that today was the drop dead date.

So bear with me, we'll get it right.
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:08 pm

Oracle wrote:This is going to be fun!!!

Everybody has until the start of tonight's game to adjust your predictions. Others that may not have got the memo can still get into the game if they can produce a doctors note  lol, seriously, any excuse will do!

I think I'm speaking for most here that I'm surprised at how hopeful I am about this team when I was so down earlier.

1. Reggie better than expected
2. Drummond defying ALL of the odds and shooting FT's like a champ and passing the damn ball? Can world peace be far behind?
3. Bradley doing what the numbers said he should do and looking even better. He's a big improvement over KCP, but it was Morris that brought him here. Murph may have been right about Morris, addition by subtraction?
4. Stanley is showing improvement on both sides of the ball and it's real! Once he regains his confidence, look out!
5. Veteran leadership from Tolliver, Galloway & Bradley provides much needed stability to the young guns
6. The future looks good in the hands of Ellenson & Kennard
7. Depth, Depth, Depth: The bench led by Ish is kicking ass and taking names

There are a few down sides, like Leuer & Boban, but overall this roster is solid and SVG is actually changing his crusty ways!

Go Pistons!!!

This is getting pretty silly. Why would anyone get to wait until after several weeks has passed by in the regular season to make your best guess? I know this is all for fun and we are not betting in Vegas, but isn't this a worthless exercise to make your final predictions after the fact. I will be waiting in suspense to see who wins now that it means nothing.

Maybe it would be more fun to make predictions on the fickle Piston fans who might jump on the band wagon if our Pistons continue with the same kind of success they have had so far. What will be the average attendance stat for the month of January after everyone has spend their money on Christmas presents. Two games ago, Tobias Harris was pleading for the fans to fill the seats and give the team some support. I sure would be buying tickets like Lemonpen if I lived in Michigan. Find a kid and buy him or her a ticket and drive them to a game. I used to take players from the teams that I coached a lot and am sure they still remember those moments of pure fun.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ok, I got the latest...

Post  Oracle on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:15 pm

This is going to be fun!!!

Everybody has until the start of tonight's game to adjust your predictions. Others that may not have got the memo can still get into the game if they can produce a doctors note  lol, seriously, any excuse will do!

I think I'm speaking for most here that I'm surprised at how hopeful I am about this team when I was so down earlier.

1. Reggie better than expected
2. Drummond defying ALL of the odds and shooting FT's like a champ and passing the damn ball? Can world peace be far behind?
3. Bradley doing what the numbers said he should do and looking even better. He's a big improvement over KCP, but it was Morris that brought him here. Murph may have been right about Morris, addition by subtraction?
4. Stanley is showing improvement on both sides of the ball and it's real! Once he regains his confidence, look out!
5. Veteran leadership from Tolliver, Galloway & Bradley provides much needed stability to the young guns
6. The future looks good in the hands of Ellenson & Kennard
7. Depth, Depth, Depth: The bench led by Ish is kicking ass and taking names

There are a few down sides, like Leuer & Boban, but overall this roster is solid and SVG is actually changing his crusty ways!

Go Pistons!!!
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph on Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:28 pm

I'll move to 48 wins and a second round appearance.
Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oracle/ Final Prediction

Post  Sparma on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:02 pm

I'd moved to 46, thinking Murph was at 47, but a tie's no fun, so having read (in two places) about the Pistons' new motion offense, I'll change once more if possible, becoming the king of the optimists with 54 wins.

Oracle wrote:Let me know if I got anything wrong, and if there are any changes!

Regular Season
MemberWins
DX50
Cool Breeze47
Murph46
Sparma43
Oracle42
Wise39
Lemonpen39
Stones
Phil1980boy
Sebastian
BallinD
Merc
Fly
Fennis
Sissy
Sparma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Truth Is

Post  BallinD on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:15 pm

Thanks Oracle,

For hosting this competition. You forgot my prediction I made a couple days ago.  I have stated that I think 53 wins might do it. Talk about foolish! Talk about next level!  

The interview with SVG over at Freep.com is interesting about the new motion offense.  It is a good read!  It is encouraging, even for an old "hater" like me.

Stubborn Van Gundy (SVG) has given in to the likes of Jeff Van Gundy, Tim Hardaway, and Bob Beyer and installed a motion-style offense in lieu of the tried and true P&R, "Fire at Will" offense of the past.  Now we have a chance to win a few games and maybe we won't have the worst true shooting percentage in the league.

Detroit ranks 10th in the NBA in field-goal percentage at 46.0 percent.

“Everybody likes the fact that everybody’s involved,” Van Gundy said. “There’s nobody standing around.”
BallinD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Here We Go Again

Post  lemonpen on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:50 am

By my recollection this start would be the third time in the SVG era that “by media definition” we look like a contender for home game advantage in round 1 of the playoffs.
The first time was a pretty exciting but brief run led by Swaggy B.  Almost immediately after releasing J-Smoove we rattled off impressive W’s over some notable teams generating a high winning percentage along the way.  All of this unfortunately ended with Jennings being carried off the court after a ruptured achilles.     Chalk that one up to bad luck.

We fooled no one by making the playoffs as an overachieving 8th seed.  But, the achievement did reveal a brighter future.

The second time was game 1-21 last year.  We again rattled off impressive W’s over some notable teams generating a +0.500 winning percentage along the way.   We know the story of how Stan mismanaged Reggies reentry to the rotation upsetting the apple cart in so many ways.  Chalk this one up to self-inflicted wounds to vital areas.

So, now we’re facing our third go at it.   This time it appears we are getting it done more by design than dumb luck.  The stars seem to be aligning.  

Is the third time really a charm.  I hope so.  ARRRRRRG !!!!!
Oracle,  if it isn't too late ratchet me up to 49 wins, for the third consecutive season.
lemonpen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Here's what I have so far...

Post  Oracle on Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:18 pm

Let me know if I got anything wrong, and if there are any changes!

Regular Season
MemberWins
DX50
Cool Breeze47
Murph46
Sparma43
Oracle42
Wise39
Lemonpen39
Stones
Phil1980boy
Sebastian
BallinD
Merc
Fly
Fennis
Sissy
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Been real busy, but this news was just too big not to post!!!

Post  Oracle on Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:32 pm

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/11/07/report-milwaukee-bucks-nearing-deal-eric-bledsoe-phoenix-suns#/ wrote:Phoenix Suns trade Eric Bledsoe to Milwaukee Bucks for Greg Monroe, draft picks

The Eric Bledsoe-Phoenix Suns saga is over. The point guard, who has not played in a game for the Suns since Oct. 21, is on the move to the Eastern Conference.

In a trade first reported by ESPN.com's Zach Lowe and Adrian Wojnarowski, the Milwaukee Bucks and Suns struck a deal that sends Bledsoe to Milwaukee. The trade, which was also reported by USA Today, sends Bucks center Greg Monroe and protected first-and second-round picks to Phoenix for Bledsoe.
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:32 pm

lemonpen wrote:Complements of Al Ackermans tag line for the 84 Tigers.

Stanley J.:  Gotta admit I’m impressed with his defense.  Not the D played in the first 44 minutes (of which I have no complaint), but the D played in the last 4 minutes.  Dude is getting one man stops at times when the opposition most needs a basket.   SJ is becoming a really patient defender who no longer jumps at every perceived opportunity, which seems to be earning a little leeway with the refs.   He has been displaying a wider variety of tools to disrupt the opposition before a shot is even attempted.  (ball denial, poke aways, stripping the ball as the dribble is picked up, holding position against bumps.…).    

RJAX:  I keep wondering if SVG can do for Weggie what Brown did for Mr. Big Shot.  Will RJs court generalship ever become a greater weapon than his desire to score.  Will Weggie ever put winning FIRST.   If these things happen we will be on our way.  If not he may be on his way.  
I don’t believe for a minute that RJ wasn’t being shopped.

Dre:  Hold the ball high young man.  Quit exposing it to the midgets.  Watch a few minutes of Bill Walton on both an outlet pass and in from the high post.  

All you Tiger fans come on across the street and watch a winner.

Excellent post Lemonpen. YES Tiger fans start filling those seats at the new arena!

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Good Vibes

Post  BallinD on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:17 pm

Tough week ahead, what with Indy, Cavs and Heat, Bucks and Timberwolves. We know the Pistons are for real, but we still don't know how for real the Pistons are? Dre always starts hot, Weggie is playing ok, Ish is pushing the pace, Tolliver is our JYD.

Neither Tolliver nor Bullock are shooting it well, but Bullock always starts off slow and ends up hot, so there is that. Tolliver brings so much to the table with his D and his shooting and toughness, that his return is a revelation for a team needing one. His shooting will probably tick up too, perhaps.

Can Dre's newfound resolve hold up against Myles Turner and Hassan Whiteside, two big challenges for him. Go Pistons!

Can Moreland be our stretchy, switchy long defender, the one we have needed forever. John who? (Leuer, trade bait or insurance). Let's continue to give Bullock minutes and his shot will soon fall like making it rain. Kennard should continue to get minutes and be given every opportunity to take a spot from Bullock.

If Stan continues to go to Ellensen and Kennard, and SJ, I will refrain from referring to him as Stupid Van Gundy. So far he is pushing the right buttons. It is still early.
BallinD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1st 10 = Bless You Boys

Post  lemonpen on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:41 pm

Complements of Al Ackermans tag line for the 84 Tigers.

Stanley J.: Gotta admit I’m impressed with his defense. Not the D played in the first 44 minutes (of which I have no complaint), but the D played in the last 4 minutes. Dude is getting one man stops at times when the opposition most needs a basket. SJ is becoming a really patient defender who no longer jumps at every perceived opportunity, which seems to be earning a little leeway with the refs. He has been displaying a wider variety of tools to disrupt the opposition before a shot is even attempted. (ball denial, poke aways, stripping the ball as the dribble is picked up, holding position against bumps.…).

RJAX: I keep wondering if SVG can do for Weggie what Brown did for Mr. Big Shot. Will RJs court generalship ever become a greater weapon than his desire to score. Will Weggie ever put winning FIRST. If these things happen we will be on our way. If not he may be on his way.
I don’t believe for a minute that RJ wasn’t being shopped.

Dre: Hold the ball high young man. Quit exposing it to the midgets. Watch a few minutes of Bill Walton on both an outlet pass and in from the high post.

All you Tiger fans come on across the street and watch a winner.
lemonpen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

One more option for backup SF

Post  deusXango on Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:00 pm

Why not give Luke Kennard those 12 minutes at backup SF? He doesn't have the natural physical attributes of Stanley Johnson, but his court savvy and shifty play with the ball would more than compensate for what we'd loose on the defensive end (I know some will beat the SVG drum about defense as a legit reason for not playing a rookie) and his team first attitude is what seems to be making this team tick. You're right Murph, Bullock has been sucking to high heaven!
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Next Level

Post  WTF on Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:52 am

Nice start to the season so far but I hope that SVG doesn't decide to stand pat and see how things turnout.  He has to make a move, he has to take a risk too get to the next level with this team.   

I predicted 39 wins and from the early look of it I might be wrong but this team has to be better than just a 1st round team this team needs to be at least at a minimum contending for the ECF this season.  This team IMO is already 2 season behind where they should be and while I see small signs of maturation on the parts of RJ and AD 9 games isn't 82 to be making any claims they've finally seen the errors of their recent ways.  

I would like to see them win the next 3 home games before I can begin walking in the direction of the Kool Aid Stand.  I still think this team needs to retool itself just not sure SVG will know what to do with the team come trade deadline but standing pat should not be an option regardless to where the team is standing when it does come.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Reserve SF

Post  Murph on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:37 am

Please let me clarify my position.  I am not a Jon Leuer fan.  Yes, he is over-paid.  Yes, he has been a disappointment coming off the bench.  And yes, career journeymen, Tolliver and Moreland are badly out-playing his butt on both ends of the court.

My post was more about up-grading the reserve SF position than finding playing time for Leuer.  Reggie Bullock might be the only Piston on the roster who's playing worse than Leuer.  So I threw out 4 suggestions, and let me add one more.

1.  Leuer
2.  Montero
3.  Pick up another SF off the waiver wire
4.  Change the starting line-up so that SJ comes off the bench at reserve SF (the least desirable option at this point)
5.  Keep bringing Bullock off the bench and hope he improves (probably the best, easiest option)

Several knowledgeable poster are certain that Leuer cannot defend SFs.  I'll take their word on that, which eliminates option 1.

But really, I'm only talking about 12 reserve minutes a game at SF, which is not a big deal.  It's just that the team is playing so well, there's not much else to comment on.
Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stuff

Post  BallinD on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:13 am

It is somewhat unusual for us to come out of the gate like this, so we might as well enjoy it while it lasts... rather than fretting and fuming about every little thing we don't like. Overall, I'm liking the direction of the team, despite its well-stated flaws, and SVG really needs to get over his mancrush with Leuer.  

I am happy SVG appears to have decided to coach.  

I think this season we will see what's he's got.  

Surprisingly I am not upset with the GR Drive assignments for Ellensen and Kennard.  I think SVG does get it and is just trying to get them some game action.

I am in agreement so far with most of the lineup choices by SVG, including SJ and finally finally finally deciding to let Tobias be the go-to and not Weggie.  Avery is coming on as well.

SJ's development could possibly be the story of the year; having a playmaker and plus defender and plus + (coughcough cough) 3pt shooter, could we someday call him 3 & D?  Stranger things have happened.  We need somebody else to step up big.

It is early, but the foundation feels different, a humbled SVG, a key addition (Bradley) + Maturation X2 (Dre n Weggie) + JunkYardDawg Tolliver Effect in the House. Galloway appears to be a player.

The East is Weak, Boston and Cleveland for sure. We may have given Washington something to think about.  We have served notice to the league that we might be in somebody's conversation for something sometime.  We are playing (mostly) all for one.  The offense was diversified.  The younguns are playing.  Dre is hitting free throws and playing somewhat engaged

(not buying any kool aid yet tho.)   lol  lol
BallinD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:34 pm

Murph wrote:
deusXango wrote:
Murph wrote:Instead of being the reserve PF or center, Leuer should be allowed to compete with Reggie Bullock for reserve SF minutes.  At 6'10, 228, Leuer should be quick enough and long enough to defend a lot of reserve SFs.  And he shoots well from the perimeter.  

With the stacked team that the Pistons are today, where one has to earn minutes in the rotation, Jon Leuer has played his way to the end of the bench. Oh he's had some outstanding moments, but with the time he's been on the floor, I'm expecting more than "moments."

DX...I only suggest that Leuer be allowed to compete for reserve SF minutes, because Reggie Bullock has been beyond bad. I'm just looking to upgrade the one weak spot in an otherwise outstanding rotation.  Either try Leuer at SF, or call up Luis Montero from the G-League and give him a run, or sign another SF off the waiver wire, because Bullock isn't contributing.

Another option would be to move Harris to SF, start Toliver, and bring SJ and Leuer off bench.  But with the team playing so well, I'd hate to mess with the starting line-up.

Good game last night against a really bad team.
Murph, my quoting you wasn't intended as a personal attack, just the contrary. You've posted too many good things that I've been in total agreement with. You're a Jon Leuer fan, I get that, but IMHO he hasn't been pulling his weight as one of the highest paid players on the team. Reggie, who's returning from rehabbing an injury, Andre, with his no FT shooting ass, and Tobias, who Leuer replaced in the starting lineup (there wasn't enough scoring on the 2nd unit, which suggests to me that Leuer wasn't doing his job there) are all playing their asses off. Reggie is facilitating, Andre is hitting his FT's, and Tobias remains the teams top scorer; what the f@ck is Leuer contributing that suggests he put in work during the off-season? I'm not a fan of Jon Leuer's, and used your post as a foundation for mine....
Damn Jon, "you coulda been a comtenda!" The uncertainties and inconsistency is there as a fact of life. Jon Leuer is not hurt and been in the league too long for this cry baby sh!t, "I've lost my confidence." Inconsistency and uncertainty equals unreliable. The money SVG signed him to, to replace/upgrade Anthony Tolliver is a waste; Anthony Tolliver is playing circles around him and more valuable off the bench than Leuer was as a starter.

I love your suggestion of calling up Luis Montero, for backup SF duty, but someone has to go...I ain't for the most logical cut/trade taking place just yet...there's a lot of ball to be played before the trade deadline, and things may turn around.
deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lack of playing time in rookie season showing on Ellenson don't let it happen to Kennard

Post  cool breeze on Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:07 pm

The Pistons have two players who are better than prospects in Ellenson and Kennard. I for one believe that those two have the ability to shoot the lights out but the coach needs patience and should never give up on them regardless of how many shots they might miss this season. And those two players have to dig deep and become defenders who will not hurt the team when they get opportunities.

There are comments about Leuer competing for minutes at small forward. The coach has given Jon a long look at center and power forward. Leuer has never played small forward to my knowledge. He was beaten by Arron Gordon in the last game of last season badly because of his lack of quickness. Sure he has size but he lacks the quickness to defend power forwards in today's fast paced NBA game. I wish Leuer all the luck in the world but the focus needs to be on Ellenson and Kennard not Bullock and Leuer. Both Ellenson and Kennard are extremely young much like Johnson. That makes three players who have outstanding potential. A while back many posters were talking about a blow up. With the recent success the Pistons are in great position having a blend of experienced players and the 3 young players who one day might shock the world of basketball wearing a Piston uniform. Johnson has firmly established himself as a solid play maker who is making Andre Drummond shine this season with his passes in the paint. And his defense is even better than anyone could have predicted for a 20 year old performer. I really like the Pistons future with those three players. I just hope that SVG either keeps them in game shape by playing them in GR or finding time in the rotation for them now. Both have had at least one really good NBA regular season game where the shots were falling. There will be more games this season where they can really help this team if given the opportunity. I just hope SVG is thinking about how this team can look one to two years down the road while keeping all the current rotation players playing at a high level.

The game Moreland played in the first half against the Bucks was key to that win. He was everywhere on defense.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:38 am

deusXango wrote:
Murph wrote:Instead of being the reserve PF or center, Leuer should be allowed to compete with Reggie Bullock for reserve SF minutes.  At 6'10, 228, Leuer should be quick enough and long enough to defend a lot of reserve SFs.  And he shoots well from the perimeter.  

With the stacked team that the Pistons are today, where one has to earn minutes in the rotation, Jon Leuer has played his way to the end of the bench. Oh he's had some outstanding moments, but with the time he's been on the floor, I'm expecting more than "moments."

DX...I only suggest that Leuer be allowed to compete for reserve SF minutes, because Reggie Bullock has been beyond bad. I'm just looking to upgrade the one weak spot in an otherwise outstanding rotation.  Either try Leuer at SF, or call up Luis Montero from the G-League and give him a run, or sign another SF off the waiver wire, because Bullock isn't contributing.

Another option would be to move Harris to SF, start Toliver, and bring SJ and Leuer off bench.  But with the team playing so well, I'd hate to mess with the starting line-up.

Good game last night against a really bad team.
Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My Prediction for 2017-18

Post  deusXango on Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:02 am

"This is a 50 win team, so why not predict 50 wins?!" Yeah, I said it and without reservations. I've spent the entire off-season with my foot firmly planted in SVG's, Reggie, and Leuer's asses, calling for their immediate removal, but with what I've seen so far, well, pass the crow. SVG has shown himself to be a better than competent coach who's willing to play a 11-12 man rotation, rather than his favored "great 8" rotation, and the team's chemistry is developing at a rapid rate...these guys genuinely care and play for each other. He's been willing to push buttons and take chances, something he's not done in the past, due to stubbornness. Ye ole lame duck is beginning to coach his ass off. Very Happy

Reggie Jackson, to my amazement, is trying this new thing called playing team ball. In addition to join in on the defensive efforts put forth by the team, he's clearly fighting his instincts to play "hero ball" and as a result his overall efficiency has increased. He's not pouting because SVG won't let him eat up all the PT at PG, but using those breaks to get stronger and making the team stronger. I'm not going to live in fear of what a negative tomorrow may bring, but wish the man well in the days to come. Very Happy

Sad Damn Jon, "you coulda been a comtenda!" The uncertainties and inconsistency is there as a fact of life. Jon Leuer is not hurt and been in the league too long for this cry baby sh!t, "I've lost my confidence." Inconsistency and uncertainty equals unreliable. The money SVG signed him to, to replace/upgrade Anthony Tolliver is a waste; Anthony Tolliver is playing circles around him and more valuable off the bench than Leuer was as a starter. Well, two out of three ain't bad.

For those that continuously called for Drummonds departure because of his lack of defense and poor FT's, I hope you're appreciating the efforts, work put in, and the growing maturity this young man has and is showing. I for one am damn glad he's doing it in a Pistons uniform, instead of a competitors. Going from 70% to 38% is not "coming down to earth" and I don't understand why one would say that; going from 38% to 70% through preseason and into the first 10 games of the season (being heavily fouled) is what I call remarkable improvement due to hard work and dedication! I once read that SVG wanted Andre to play like Deandre Jordon, but the reality is, Doc Rivers would love for Jordon to be playing like Drummond, right about now. I know some will never forgive Drummond for that lapse of focus when he allowed Whiteside to tap the ball in, over him, at the last second, even when he makes the All-Star game this year and leads the team into the ECF! I'm delusional enough to think that if this collection of "strangers" can show such grit, maturity, and determination, the ECF are possible in this "weak ass east!"

Bradley, Johnson, and Harris are playing the right way in spite of being undersized; they're undersized, but formidable and we're winning with them. Jackson and Drummond are showing that they're capable of more than P&R and we're winning. The bench play is a verb, adjective, and pronoun...AWESOME! This is not mass hypnosis or being done with smoke and mirrors; this is real! 50 wins at least!

deusXango

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Now that's what I'm talking about...

Post  Oracle on Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:28 am

Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Kings

Post  Sparma on Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:01 am

Another impressive win, with AD looking great. I'd like to adjust my prediction upwards, while remaining cautious: 46-36.
Sparma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ready, Set, Go

Post  BallinD on Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:46 pm

Good Win!  

Well, I have seen enough.  I am thinking that the Stones will win 50 games this year.  My predictions are 53 wins for 2017-18 season.  Hoping they can get a second round berth with that kind of performance.  At any rate, Go Pistons!  If they do all that, then Avery will stay and be re-signed and the Stones will be capped out as a "pretty good" team.

I
BallinD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum