FORUM

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Maybe

Post  WTF on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:49 pm

Murph wrote:Leuer and a 1st round pick for Monroe.
 Tough call I think
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Monroe

Post  Murph on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:23 pm

Leuer and a 1st round pick for Monroe.
Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

OTOH

Post  BallinD on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:47 pm

Good Game but...

16 blocks, pitiful, but them Bucks are long and we are not.  No rim protection except from Moreland, Dre?? facepalm

Kennard is gonna be a revelation by the end of the season; already he is using his "short arms" to elbow his way into a prominent place in the rotation  lol

Dre is fast on the jump-tip, but still soooo slow to jump for a block if he jumps at all.  Still lackluster on D, from what I see, though his passing is becoming impressive.  Better than Weggie's.  No show!

Possibly coulda used Boban in there to create mismatches and scoring since our offense sputtered down the stretch and we had no one who could score consistently outside of Avery.  Woulda been nice to see him get some shots in over the long arm of the Bucks...Stupid Van Gundy.

No to the return of the Moose. I would rather have Randle. We need more athleticism...period.
BallinD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hard fought game and fun to watch especially when the 2nd unit entered the game in the first half

Post  cool breeze on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:35 am

ERIC MORELAND is exactly the guy I thought he could be for the Pistons. He was everywhere inside guarding the paint, blocking shots, setting screens etc. His help defense when he would fly to the opposite low post and block a shot was much like Ben Wallace when he arrived from Orlando. I knew he was capable of being a center the Pistons have not had since Ben was in his prime. I am not saying he is as good as Wallace was in his prime but clearly we have not seen any Piston center play adequate defense in the paint for many years and some of us have grown tired of the lazy attitude centers like Monroe and AD have exhibited. This has been the 3rd game that I have watched where Moreland came off the bench and stopped opponents from getting easy close in shots or 2nd or 3rd chance opportunities. And after AD watches Moreland busting his butt on defense, AD actually gives a better effort when he returns. Great job Eric! He missed a dunk on a break but that is OK by by as long as he brings his heart to the arena. That is the way he played for Oregon State when I watched him in college.

Between Brogdon and Bledsoe they seemed to dominate our Piston point guards. I was hoping that SVG would allow Luke Kennard to play that position last night. Neither Smith or Jackson could keep up with the Bucks point guards and neither were effective on the offensive end. Smith was picked on in the first half by the 2nd year rookie of the year Brogdon who took Smith inside and outside and there was nothing Smith could do to stop him. Still Smith got the Pistons in their offense which was something Jackson didn't do. That was why Reggie didn't return in crunch time or maybe SVG had visions of the game before last night's game when Reggie played solo for about 4 straight possessions.

One key play where Bradley was triple teamed towards the end and a turnover resulted was partly due to the fact that AD decided to come out to the corner and bring his defender with him. AD should have set a screen for the Piston player on top of the key so he could make the proper cut so Avery could have passed the ball. But that is a learning situation that should not happen again.

The bright moments of this game involved the 2nd unit with Galloway hitting 3 big 3 balls, Kennard making a variety of shots and playing solid defense, Tolliver hitting some big shots and playing really hard on defense, and Moreland. That unit and when Bradley came in with them looked very good. The starting unit did not look good on defense or with their movement on offense. While the 2nd unit actually ran the offense and moved the basketball so the team could get some open looks, the starting unit did the opposite and were very slow in executing anything that did not look like street basketball. For instance, Johnson only touched the basketball two times in the first half . Reggie did not play both sides of the court.

Middleton gets the game ball. What a great player he has become and many of us saw his potential with the exception of the decision maker at the time, Joe Dumars. Joe decided for some odd reason that he had to throw in Middleton even though the Bucks felt they had already won just by getting Jennings off their team. Unbelievable how Dumars didn't know what was going on in the league for about 3 years at the end of his career. But Joe was a great player and helped Hammond create that championship team. So Joe is still a bright part of Piston history anyway you slice it. This looked like a playoff game. Our Pistons came close to pulling off another win even though some of the starters looked flat again.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

milwaukee game

Post  Phil1980boy on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:30 am

FUN..FUN..FUN game to watch

I said it before and I will say it again. Luke is the Pistons best offensive player and best play maker. Luke, A.T. and Avery have the highest basketball I.Q's on this team.

Just 1 question. What made Van Gundy decide to pull his best and most clutch player in the 4th quarter with two minutes left?????

Luke K deserved to finish this game and if he would had finished the game I think the Pistons could had won.

Reggie Jackson trade watch is on and popping now. Come on New Orleans. Come up with A trade package and take this BUM off our hands!!!
Phil1980boy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  BallinD on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:22 pm

WTF wrote:Who would’ve seen this coming. No one, no one but perhaps the mastermind who has tirelessly built this team.  Stan Van Gundy. Give it up. It’s getting close to time for coming up with a new name for this team. Bad Boys. Going to Work...now?

Still I have trust issues with this team

The "Detroit vs. Everybody" team, including the skittish fans (and you can count me among the skittish).  We all have trust issues, but we can't be so salty that we can't enjoy the ride without constantly fearing the worst from SVG Weggie and Dre, the three biggest head cases on the team.
BallinD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

So Far So Good Can He Keep It Going

Post  WTF on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:05 pm

USA Today Sports wrote:The Pistons were back and forth with the Miami Heat and Stan Van Gundy went with the line-up of Ish Smith, Langston Galloway, Luke Kennard, Tobias Harris and Anthony Tolliver.
Look at that line up again.
That was a lineup I don’t think anyone would have imagined SVG would ever have gone with in the past. And that lineup delivered. Big time.
Stan was, before this season, known for sticking with a 9-10 man rotation that only varied due to injury.
Stan’s obvious willingness since game one to use his full deck of cards has been as big a revelation as Andre Drummond’s new-found ability at the foul line.
And it’s not just his lineups that have impressed. It’s his move to more motion-based offense vs his tried and true reliance on the pick and roll. It’s his brilliant use of Drummond as a point center and fixture of the offense that is not Andre as a post up center but as a facilitator. It was his decision as a GM to jettison a mercurial shooting guard in Kentavious Caldwell-Pope to welcome in the rock steady (if somewhat long-two happy) lock-down defender and absolute professional and undeniable locker room presence in Avery Bradley.
And bringing back Anthony Tolliver. And drafting Luke Kennard. And bringing in a many-times-looked-over center in Eric Moreland. And “overpaying” Langston Galloway. And, controversially, deciding Boban may have been a reach.
Stan is doing just about everything right. Even his postgame pressers where he says the team isn’t doing anything right. He’s at the center of all of it and he is rightly being talked about as a man in the running for coach of the year.
This season looked like it was falling apart before it even began and now the Detroit Pistons are 10-3, with the same record as the Golden State Warriors and the Houston Rockets.
Who would’ve seen this coming. No one, no one but perhaps the mastermind who has tirelessly built this team.
Stan Van Gundy. Give it up. It’s getting close to time for coming up with a new name for this team. Bad Boys. Going to Work...now?

Still I have trust issues with this team
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:03 pm

WTF wrote:Cool it doesn't what the conversation is about football, basketball, hockey, politics or racism what is clear is you're inability to stay focus on a singular issue or topic.  

I challenge you to stay focus on the issue with out bringing in unrelated issues to deflect away from the truth.  I notice that often that you chose to avoid a lot of questions placed before you so I challenge you now to do so by answering the following.

1. Is SJ the next Dennis Rodman and did Zeke conclude this in the unseen statement as you claim?
2. Are the 10-3 or 3-10?
3. Would they be 13-0 if SVG only focused on AD defense?
4. Does racism exist?
5. Is the flag more important than compassion for humanity?
6. If a gunman came to a game and shot all the kneeling black players during the anthem which of the following would you do A. Protest for More Gun Control during the anthem B. Shooting more Kneeling players C. Find both action disturbing during the Anthem or D. Pretend it never happen as long as AD got back on defense. 
7. Would you trade AD or SJ?
8. Did SVG write his piece A. during the Lakers game B. Before the game or C. After the game
9. Is RJ playing better this season?
10. Do you believe in Freedom of Speech? If yes why do you wish to oppress SVG from speaking?

1. There will be only one Dennis Rodman. But I hope he becomes the defender Rodman was for our Pistons. Isiah Thomas said the Pistons need more players like Stanley Johnson. Also, I do believe the Piston defense is much weaker without Johnson in the lineup. So I respectively disagree that management should package him as you suggest. And you wonder about my sanity?
2. The Pistons are winning WTF and I am happy about that.
3. I am sure he has tried to get AD focused more on defense but it hasn't worked so far. He is still usually the last man back on defense regardless of where he is standing on offense. No paint protection is a big worry WTF at least to some of us.
4. I haven't seen any evidence of racism around here where I live for many years WTF. Whites are in the minority as is the case of most large cities today. I worry about being in confrontations with bad individuals in today's world and do not project any judgments on groups of people especially people of different color. That was a problem in past generations but there is actually very little evidence of racism in today's workplace as far as I know. But you are the expert in this so I do not doubt that you know the truth. I am just worried about how bald people as a group are treated by women and employers who seem to never give bald man a fair shake. And they can never win elections either. The bald community will launch a protest at an NFL game next season. You can count on it. It is real. There is no doubt about it WTF. What a bad country we live in. Are there some white people who have racist thoughts? How about black people who might be racist? What about hispanic? There must be some who hate both blacks and whites. What I am saying is that this entire topic is stupid nonsense and does nothing positive at all to improve anything excluding how our country treats bald men. There are bald men being discriminated against who represent all races. Our power in politics should be much greater than anything yet created.
5. (D) Nothing matters other than the Detroit Pistons winning the maximum amount of games possible this season. Of course I would want to shoot the shooter if such a tragic thing happened WTF but spectators are not allowed to bring in guns to NFL games. Are there such beasts out there who are stalking those brave men who that a knee? They are so brave to do that. I never thought of it in that way. That makes those who take a knee before the National Anthem really brave and more more so than the Navy Seals who go on impossible missions. Those who that a knee are also more gutsy than the young police officers who kiss their wives good by in the morning not knowing if they will survive the day knowing they might have to go in a domestic abuse call involving some guy who had taken a knee at the football game.I love and am proud of the NFL black players who stand for the National Anthem. They get a lot of flack from the Black lives Matter organization sponsored by George Sorus. Those Black men who stand show me that the revolution will not be successful. Most people from all races are not drinking the cool aide.
6. I would trade AD because right now the Pistons could get something great in return that would improve Detroit's chances of moving up to the top. AD has a large contract for a player who hates playing defense. Johnson is in his rookie contract and is only 20. He has big potential down the road and it doesn't cost much to keep him around. Right now I believe he is the best defender on the team. He helps other players on defense. And he can pass the ball really well and gets the ball to AD for those easy dunks. The team does miss him even though you don't see it. Hopefully he will be ready when the Pistons play Cleveland.
7. Not sure on that WTF. You got me.
8. Yes RJ is playing much better than last season. But he is not good enough to play on a top tier team. His defense is shaky but better than either of the two previous seasons. He has potential to become an elite defender but like AD doesn't have the personality to ever reach his potential. His failure to run the motion offense at times is very disturbing. This team has the players to run that type of offense. He stands in the way at times. Will the coach do anything about that? Unlikely he will have the guts take RJ out of any game like the last one where was screwing up the works. But who knows anything is possible.
9. I do believe in free speech. Yet worry that many college professors do not believe in free speech these days. Intellectual diversity is not tolerated but some students or professors. In fact they become violent when opposing speakers attempt to provide their viewpoint. That is scary and much like the atmosphere present in Germany in the 1930s. Read some of Albert Spear's books to understand what I am saying. As far as SVG's rant on racism and what he thought he needed to get off his chest, I believe he has a right to do that but that doesn't mean that I don't think he was an idiot to do it. The Pistons need to sell more tickets. The arena is half empty even when a lot of free tickets are given out. And don't forget that winter has not yet set in. How many people from the suburbs are planning a long trip downtown for a Piston game? Many loved going to the Palace where history was made. The timing of SVG's rant was really bad regardless of where you stand on racism in 2017. I personally hate it when politics become part of any sporting event. People go to sporting events to get away from bad stuff going on in the world. This is their escape from insanity of everyday life. Now SVG along with many others have stoked the fire inside the hearts of a lot of disgruntled people. Maybe some of those people will feel bad enough to commit an act of violence against some innocent person going to a game in downtown Detroit. Or maybe some fan won't take that risk and forget about going to a Piston game now. Meanwhile all the players want to do is play basketball. But now they are drawn into a political conflict created by WHO? What is the goal of this racism hysteria. Who is behind it? Are the Russians behind it? Is some radical group behind it like the Black Lives Matter group? All I have are questions. It is great that you believe racism exists. I also believe that racism exists. And I also believe that a lot of people think bald people are ugly. Do you believe the bald community has been persecuted in this country that so many people hate?

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

LMAO Top Ten Challenge Questions For Don AKA Cool Breeze

Post  WTF on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:57 pm

Cool it doesn't what the conversation is about football, basketball, hockey, politics or racism what is clear is you're inability to stay focus on a singular issue or topic.  

I challenge you to stay focus on the issue with out bringing in unrelated issues to deflect away from the truth.  I notice that often that you chose to avoid a lot of questions placed before you so I challenge you now to do so by answering the following.

1. Is SJ the next Dennis Rodman and did Zeke conclude this in the unseen statement as you claim?
2. Are the 10-3 or 3-10?
3. Would they be 13-0 if SVG only focused on AD defense?
4. Does racism exist?
5. Is the flag more important than compassion for humanity?
6. If a gunman came to a game and shot all the kneeling black players during the anthem which of the following would you do A. Protest for More Gun Control during the anthem B. Shooting more Kneeling players C. Find both action disturbing during the Anthem or D. Pretend it never happen as long as AD got back on defense. 
7. Would you trade AD or SJ?
8. Did SVG write his piece A. during the Lakers game B. Before the game or C. After the game
9. Is RJ playing better this season?
10. Do you believe in Freedom of Speech? If yes why do you wish to oppress SVG from speaking?
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:27 pm

Murph wrote:I didn't say racism doesn't exist.  I said race relations continue to improve, as measured by economic gain.  Many more improvements need to be made, especially to the criminal justice system.

In the meantime, let's hope the pasty white guy, making $7 million a year, can figure out how to beat the Bucks in Milwaukee tonight.  The return of Stanley Johnson to the starting lineup will be a welcome addition.  It will be interesting to see if SJ and Tolliver can contain Giannis.  I hope SVG continues to play Kennard off the bench at SF.

Murph one thing is clear to me, WTF has no sympathy for the disrespect bald men suffer every day especially Black bald men. White bald men are for sure treated a little bit better but they can never win any political office because they are bald. Black bald men have a slightly better chance of winning an election. One good thing has happened because of this nasty prejudice against bald men began in America. We have organized to form a very powerful lobby with all races of bald men joining in hopes that one of us can take that citizen of the year award away from the first heroic NFL football player who took a knee before a football game next year. We know as WTF pointed out that none of us can win that award this year. That award went to the Man Who Took A Knee. Yes he is a real hero as SVG proudly stated recently. He is much more heroic than the 400,000 plus young Americans who gave their lives in WW2. Do any of the players who take a knee even know about WW2? What was that guys name who won the Citizen of the Year Award? I can't remember now even though WTF stated his name. I do know that fewer people are turning out for those expensive NFL football games.How will SVG's statements affect Piston attendance now? Lemonpen had just suggested that the Lion fans should come to Piston games now. That was a good idea. But SVG is not worried about attendance. He had to get something big off his chest as he stated and be true to himself. What a man! SVG has turned this into a soap opera. And SVG has for sure turned off a lot of previous Piston fans who do know something about our history and might have served in the military and hate political protests at sporting events. SVG and WTF side by side will march to prove that racism does exist and isn't there some sort of racist statement in that national anthem anyway? Yes some whites hate blacks for no reason and yes some blacks hate whites for no reason too. Let's all protest and maybe that will change something other than knowing ignorance is alive and well in America. And drugs, teen aged pregnancy, extremely low high school graduation rates and unfaithful husbands and fathers are not what leaders like SVG need to bring to the forefront. Yep racism is what we need to focus on today in 2017. If people keep on going through the wrong door for whatever reason they will end up in prison too regardless of their skin color. But it is not their fault. Blame racism and we can all be simpletons and we must be angry too. If SVG wants to bring attention to uncomfortable topics, then he needs to provide the details instead of ranting about the same things corrupt political candidates attempt to create mass hysteria over.

Will the players love SVG more now because he had a vision that racism does exist? Was that his goal? If so that is OK with me if he can get AD to at least act like he likes to play defense half as much as he likes offense. Maybe now after the racism thing SVG said he needed to get off his chest will get the attention of AD and maybe he might get his arms up on defense half of the time. But will Jackson now listen more carefully to SVG and our coach can somehow convince Reggie to run motion plays the team practices instead of going solo and being so predictable. And maybe if SVG gets a great basketball player who is bald, he will make a public statement about how disgusted he is over the plight of the Bald Community. Maybe then WFT will also get on board with that cause too and at least feel some sympathy for how many bald men are currently incarcerated in American prisons. America is a horrible place to live yet millions keep trying to come here. I just can't figure that out because eventually some of those who do make it here will become bald some day and face the consequences that all bald men suffer in silence over each day.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

LMAO!!! Murph

Post  WTF on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:06 am

Murph wrote:I didn't say racism doesn't exist.  I said race relations continue to improve, as measured by economic gain.  Many more improvements need to be made, especially to the criminal justice system.

In the meantime, let's hope the pasty white guy, making $7 million a year, can figure out how to beat the Bucks in Milwaukee tonight.  The return of Stanley Johnson to the starting lineup will be a welcome addition.  It will be interesting to see if SJ and Tolliver can contain Giannis.  I hope SVG continues to play Kennard off the bench at SF.

Thank Goodness!!! you were scaring me for a moment  lol

The absence of SJ and the current win streak IMO proves he not as required as one might think.  I really didn't see much of a fall off defensively so in an effort to reach next level I would package him in any deal along with JL and Boban to get a PF.  

Hope they can take these next 3 games because the 3 after are a cake walk.  We could be looking at the teams first losing streak  Cavs, Thunders, Celtics so they have to get this win tonight.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:57 am

I didn't say racism doesn't exist. I said race relations continue to improve, as measured by economic gain. Many more improvements need to be made, especially to the criminal justice system.

In the meantime, let's hope the pasty white guy, making $7 million a year, can figure out how to beat the Bucks in Milwaukee tonight. The return of Stanley Johnson to the starting lineup will be a welcome addition. It will be interesting to see if SJ and Tolliver can contain Giannis. I hope SVG continues to play Kennard off the bench at SF.
Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:18 am

Murph wrote:Historically, employment opportunities and standard of living have been a big deal in race relations in this country, and can be measured objectively.  

The alternative is to judge race relations based on op-ed pieces written by pasty white guys making $7 million a year like Stan Van Gundy.

It's a small measurement that's been Historically largely over stated to disprove racism exist.    SVG isn't a single alternative but simply one voice of many voices that speaks against injustice.  Being a pasty white guy making 7 million a year shouldn't disqualify you from morality.   Really it can be a pasty white guy with only $7 in his pocket really doesn't matter.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:17 am

Historically, employment opportunities and standard of living have been a big deal in race relations in this country, and can be measured objectively.  

The alternative is to judge race relations based on op-ed pieces written by pasty white guys making $7 million a year like Stan Van Gundy.
Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

LMAO

Post  WTF on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:08 am

Murph wrote:Wise...let me offer a more optimistic perspective on the country's race relations.  In Sept of 2017, The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the African-American unemployment rate hit 7%, it's lowest level ever recorded, since records began to be kept in 1972.

Let me repeat that, on 9/17 the African American unemployment rate hit its lowest level in recorded history...7% (tying a reading from April of 2000).

A 7% unemployment rate is still way too high.  But by any objective measure, that represents real progress.  clap

Great but not representative of race relations at all.  Race isn't a job concern it's a morality concern. You got any stats on that  lol
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Peace and Prosperity

Post  Murph on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:46 pm

Wise...let me offer a more optimistic perspective on the country's race relations.  In Sept of 2017, The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the African-American unemployment rate hit 7%, it's lowest level ever recorded, since records began to be kept in 1972.

Let me repeat that, on 9/17 the African American unemployment rate hit its lowest level in recorded history...7% (tying a reading from April of 2000).

A 7% unemployment rate is still way too high.  But by any objective measure, that represents real progress.  clap
Murph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Don You Need A Support Group

Post  WTF on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:45 pm

His comments has nothing to do with basketball he's expressing his personal views on a subject outside of basketball.  I purposely posted this because I knew you respond to it.

SVG has a right to his opinion rather you like it or not.  At least he's making a stance and voicing his concerns.  Just because you would rather blinders, pretend or truly believe that these social and political matters don't exist or not important you that fine and dandy.  

I hate to say this but you're starting to sound a certain way because you react a certain way?  I'm glad to see people like SVG and other celebs using their platform to address issues rather than pretend that racism along with all other social ills don't effect us.  So when a guy like Kerr speaks about gun control, or Pop speaks on social injustice and SVG address politics I say great.

This word is going to hell in a hand basket and clearly that's more relevant than a basketball game or any other game.  I can hate SVG for much of his coaching but I'll be damn if I criticize him for the compassion he shows toward social matters.  In fact things like this makes me more forgiving of his blunders as coach.   

Seriously what is going on with you?  Did something happen to you?  It's not just things like this that have me asking the questions even some of your basketball remarks borders insanity.    facepalm lol

I swear where do you come up with this stuff anyway?  The mayor is white, the governor is white, and both republicans half the police force is white, the cities white population has increased in the city.  Then this vision of drugs and poor people in the city you have is insane.

No it's not the 1950's but I'm sure somewhere a black is still being hanged from a tree if he ventures in to wrong direction of some hick town.  Nope the police aren't turning hose on blacks and not because some don't want to they know a riot today would look nothing like one from the 1950's but damn if they haven't gotten away with killing unarmed black men.  

Also how do you know what black people are thinking and want and who should represent them?  Oh a in-named friend who's black told you this  tb. so I guess it's true then just like SJ is the next Dennis Rodman.  If people don't want to go to games because black athletes kneel in protest of social injustice then they're not real fans to begin with.  If they're tired of hearing about racism then perhaps they should take a more active approach in rectifying the problem instead of turning a blind eye to it.  

BTW did you that Kaepernick is Citizen of the Year and guess who been in an uproar about it lol any already comments have been made about how that N***** get Citizen of the year. Too Funny.  But I guess you're cool with it because it's not racism in your eyes.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SVG needs to keep politics out of NBA basketball and concentrate on how he can convince Reggie Jackson to run the motion offense and stop reverting back to pick and roll and solo ball in crunch time

Post  cool breeze on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:18 pm

We all have our opinions and as I studied history for many years as a hobby i have learned that most people who rant about racism in today's world are just blowing smoke and attempting to create mass hysteria. SVG has no facts does he? What kind of racism is taking place in Detroit now. Most of the police force, city government, judges etc are all Black. We are not in the 1050s anymore. And wasn't Detroit much better off before busing took place in Detroit? If you were on a sports team in those days you were suddenly off the team with your buddies and now spending 2 hours being bused to a strange school with kids who didn't like you or know you. Does SVG advocate more busing now? This is 2017 and it is time to move on and ignore people who keep trying to divide us into groups like SVG. Now I have lost all respect for him. Basketball is a sport where for years people from all races play as one. Anything that goes on outside the team doesn't matter. The TEAM matters.

Does SVG want to turn off normal white citizens who are tired of the subject of racial injustice and see it purely as political activism with them being the target of SVG's rant as now they believe SVG's players under his guidance think that all Whites are White supremacists. Remember that a lot of the Russian energy went into our social media to encourage hating pitting the different races against each other knowing that Americans are the 2nd most gullible creatures on the face of the Earth. The British rank in 1st place. Most Americans know next to nothing including SVG when it comes to who is currently stirring up the pot in America. It seems that SVG is trying his best to stir the pot and how will that help the Pistons sell more tickets now????? The last time I knew the City of Detroit is being run by Blacks and most of the population living there are black citizens. Does SVG want to turn off all the whites who live in upper Michigan? I liked the way Billups handled things when he was in charge of the Pistons. That is the way I took it when he was here. I believed that Chauncey ran things not Joe Dumars who was AWOL most of the time when it came to building a bigger fan base. Billups liked to travel to all parts of Michigan in the summer to encourage more Michigan citizens to embracing the Detroit Pistons more. SVG is saying between the lines that a lot of Michigan folks are pure racists and all Blacks need to be on guard. SVG reminds me of the old corrupt politicians from the past. He will say anything he thinks might be popular so people won't judge him on his work as the President and coach. But the Pistons need more followers from all walks of live not less. And he has for sure turned off a lot of people now. I see a lot of empty seats and SVG blowing smoke about racism might have struck another nail in the coffin as far as the death of the Piston fans base goes. People from all races need to feel comfortable coming to games in Detroit. They should not be looking over their shoulder now if they are white thinking that some young black kid who read SVG's opinion might now want to kill them on the way back to their car after the game. A lot of White people loved the Palace. It was closer for them. Wouldn't you want to get them to drive for an extra hour to see the Pistons play in Detroit rather than turn them off? Why bring it up SVG you idiot? Haven't you seen the empty seats this season in NFL games. People who have served in the military are huge sports fans. You have just turned a lot of them off and they have crossed off a visit to the new arena in Detroit.Soldiers who have died in battle are not heroes. They should not be honored by standing anymore. There is a bigger cause much more important. Protestors are heroes especially protestors who are paid to protest. Thanks for that SVG. If I were the owner, I would be looking at SVG as possibly one of the reasons why it is half empty as the season moves forward. A lot of Black citizens want to be called by their names and known as American citizens not protestors. Many Black soldiers have died in battle. This is a new era. Many Black citizens do not like people representing them. They stand as individuals and do not need people like SVG telling them about racism. Donate some of your money clean up the neighborhoods and clean up the drug trade in Detroit so it is safe to walk two blocks from downtown at night. Confront the political leaders who run the city and force them to do their jobs better. The last time I checked they are mostly Black.

What will be next? Will SVG come out with a new speaker to talk to his players about possibly how bald men have been subjected to a lot of mis treatment in the past and SVG will proclaim that it continues on today. Next year the BALD COMMUNITY will launch a protest that will quickly pick up a huge following after they convince one bald NFL football player represent them by lying flat out on the grass during the national anthem smoking a fake cigarette with his pants down. SVG will show the team a video of this blemish on our Nation. He will say yes we live in a horrible country and this has to stop and you must be aware of the fact that I Stan Van Gundy have identified this insult to Bald men and thought a work shop was necessary while the Piston team was in training camp.

Phil I agree with you that the last game was annoying relating to the way Reggie Jackson was allowed to run the team. He was running Reggie's solo offense. And it was not his night but he never gave up trying to make it work. He should be embarrassed and the coaching staff looked brain dead in those closing moments too.Who is in charge? Once again because the head coach allows Reggie to ignore the MOTION offense this team practices all I saw on the last 6 possessions was 4 players standing and Reggie dribbling. If Bradley could handle the ball on the top of the key he will run some type of play that could shock opponents who get real comfortable on defense when Reggie is control. All you have to do is stop Reggie who is only looking to shoot it or pass it to AD. If this continues at the beginning and end of games look for players like Avery Bradley to take matters into their own hands because the coaching staff won't as witnessed last season by many fans. We still have a very weak coach who is afraid of both AD and RJ. It will have to be the players who keep things on track for improvement not regression by both Reggie and Andre. We can't count on this coaching staff to do much of anything other than discuss politics so look for Stan the Man to come out with the latest disrespect of all people who belong to the Bald Community. Will they attend Piston games if SVG keeps ignoring them? Will Tom Gores make SVG say something good about White people to try to bring them back as fans?? So many questions.

cool breeze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SVG

Post  WTF on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:23 pm

Free Press wrote:Auburn Hills — Pistons president-coach Stan Van Gundy has taken strong stances in recent years about his views on political and social issues. He famously vented on the day after President Donald Trump was elected last year and has been outspoken about many issues, including protests by athletes about racial and social injustices.
He made a new foray, authoring an op-ed for Time Magazine: “Detroit Pistons Coach: Athletes Who Protest Are Patriots,” which was published online Tuesday morning.
“In a time where bigotry seems on the rise and commitment to racial equality on the decline, I have an obligation as a citizen to speak out and to support, in any way possible, those brave and patriotic athletes who are working to bring change to our country,” Van Gundy wrote. “I believe all of us do.”
He mentioned the harsh criticism hurled at players from the NFL and WNBA for taking a knee or raising a fist and disagreed with the notion that those silent forms of protest dishonor the country because they came during the national anthem.

The Pistons players had similar sentiments, but after inviting noted author Dr. Michael Eric Dyson to speak to the team during training camp, Van Gundy and the team got an education, especially in the difference between nationalism and patriotism, and the issues with he calls “racist language” in the later verses of “The Star-Spangled Banner.”
2017-18 DETROIT PISTONS SCHEDULE
Van Gundy said he took about four hours to write the piece, which he completed on the plane ride back from Los Angeles during their three-game road trip in October. It was his first time he’s ever been published in a national publication, but he wanted to get some of the issues off his chest and not offend.

The one thing I like about SVG is his taking a stance on issues.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pistons over the last 4 or 5 games. `

Post  Phil1980boy on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:09 pm

My mom and my wife keep asking me if I'm excited the Pistons are in first place? I'm like no! I don't care too much about regular season wins. I like playoff wins. NBA finals wins. NBA championships. But because the Pistons have been bad for so long I will smile Very Happy OK that's over now.

This is what I see and what I feel needs to happen over the next few months.

1. Stan and Jeff need to be talking with A.Bradley agent right now about A 3 year deal. 13 or 14 A year is fair for A.Bradley. The Pistons have truly taken out the TRASH with KCP and made room for CERTIFIED, REAL-Quality, NBA ballers-2-Guards in Avery and Luke K. tb tb KCP max contract..lol hehe hehe lol

2. Reggie Jackson is more trash that needs to be dumped. His pitiful display of over- dribbling, lack of effort on defense, hero ball; swing in his favor that other night vs Atlanta. I'm happy it did. Some dumb-AZZ just might bite on A Reggie Jackson for anything of value trade. I can't wait till Jackson is out of town. His time in Detroit is ticking down by the seconds!

3. Identity. Thanks to Avery B. (The BUST) Stanley Johnson, A.Tolliver, etc... these guys have A identity. Now if Drummonds get his big-soft-azz in line, now the Pistons would be cooking on Defense. But Drummonds still wants to be Kevin Durant and Lebron James.

I have more but I have to go. GO PISTONS!!!

PS. Reggie Jackson trade should be going down within next 60 days or less
Phil1980boy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

IMO

Post  WTF on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:47 am

Rankings: This stuff makes me smile and happy inside but I don't believe it though our current record indicates otherwise.  But no way do I think we're the 4th best team in the league right now.  13 games in and 7 more before we reach the 20 game assessment mark I can say we're decent, perhaps even now respectable but these next 5 to 7 games are going to tell us a lot.

Harris:  Was doing the things he's doing now long before we traded for him so I'm not surprise with his performance what I am surprise with is that SVG has finally seen his way to featuring Harris as he should have the day we traded for him.  While I'm still not crazy about the number of 3's the team takes overall I would like to see more closely contested games to see if Harris is a clutch time player.  I would like to see if a lot of players are clutch time players right now I only think that Reggie is the only one.

Next Level:  I've barking up this tree since forever and I don't think it's too early in the season to be considering a bold move but I'm afraid that SVG will get too comfortable.  Yes we should try like hell to trade Boban and JL and perhaps even a pick on either a bona-fide defensive minded PF but if it requires the addition of another player example SJ or Ellenson will SVG pull a Dumars and stand pat.  

Identity:  Even with this early success the Pistons still not getting attention beyond the local media  and talking heads.  I think it's largely due to a lack of identity the talk is still about Orlando, even Philly and NY are getting more press coverage than the Pistons are.  I guess I'm okay with it being this way in that hopefully the Pistons can use it as motivation oppose to all the head swelling that might happen if every time they click on ESPN, SI and NBA.COM there's some article hyping them.   Still this team needs an identity much in the way the Bad Boys and Goin To Work to snatch the attention of outside media.

Reggie: While I still don't think Reggie is the PG to carry this team to the next level my desire to see him traded has lessen some because he seem to be getting it now.  But if we are to keep him then SVG has to strongly consider making that next level move to improve the defense Andre does need help because he's our weakest link in the chain defensively right now.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

All Business

Post  BallinD on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:28 pm

Tobias, Eastern Conference Player of the Week. A nice honor, for a very nice Pistons asset and a good guy. He wouldn't have gotten it had we not stomped through the home stand without a blemish last week

More accolades will come to our Pistons as we continue to win. A few of us thought that All Business would be "this guy" if he had higher usage and became the go-to-guy as opposed to Weggie trying to do it all. Glad Weggie has embraced this and passes to him now.

Addition by subtraction cause last year Morris got most of the shots. This is like a new team in some ways. Are there other gems waiting to be unlocked? Go Pistons.

BallinD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Looking Good...

Post  Oracle on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:14 pm

However, the next 6 games will test us.

Only one back to back, but it's the home game against the Cavs, so we will be somewhat rested for the road games.

In the past, we would lose all of the road games, but this time may be different.

1. Bucks - This one will be tough, but they're still learning Bledsoe, so now is the time to tap that Deer ass for some soup, 70% chance of a win, IMO.

2. Indy - This is a WIN for any team that's real, and I expect a win here.

3. Wolves - I see this one as a LOSS

4. Cavs - WIN

5. Thunder - LOSS

6. Boston - If Irving is back and healthy we LOSE, if not, we WIN

So I see us winning 2 games for sure with a chance to win 4 of the 6, which would be solid, IMO.

Having said that, the reality is that I only THINK I know this team, I don't, at least not yet. These tests are beginning to give us a glimpse at who they are, which adds to the excitement.
Oracle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Defining A Next Level Moment

Post  WTF on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:44 pm

The next test is with the next 5 games with 4 of them being on the road.  Milwaukee will certainly be looking for some pay back,  and I don't think they'll be facing the same Minny team that they've beat prior to beating the Clips and Warriors.   They have the Cavs at home but you can't just pencil the Pistons as getting win simply because it Lebron.    

The Pistons need to the first 3 games period losing to the Cavs and Thunder won't be a great disappointment if they win the next 3 games.
WTF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Team in the Tolliverse

Post  BallinD on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:43 pm

I would not have bet on them winning out their homestand, and still find it hard to believe.  But this team is deep and hungry and surprisingly poised.

Surprised SVG played Kid Kennard for 28 minutes, mostly in a small-ball lineup.  He has decided to coach.  Should be a fun ride.  

Who are we? Scrappy, better shooting and defending team, waaaaay more consistent, maybe trending toward mature?  Motion offense, with Weggie mostly in check, though I don't trust him, an abysmal end to the game, and Dre got schooled by Whiteside, but we'll take the win, a testimony to the T for Team in the Tolliverse.  

Next Level...we need to package Leuer, Boban and change, for a tweak, but we will know better after this road trip exactly what we need.  

Shout out to DX on the Kennard call.  SVG's eyes are big as saucers now, with all the weapons, and 3pt shooters he can deploy, what with Tobias, Avery, Reggie, Galloway, Kennard, Ellensen, Dre.

Biggest difference this year...Everything.  It's not sexy, but it is definitely Team Committee in the Tolliverse. BTW, I'd love to get a young, rangy, athletic point guard prospect in here to groom for next level.
BallinD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum