Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+6
cool breeze
Sparma
Oracle
WTF
BallinD
deusXango
10 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  deusXango Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:27 pm

Wishing all my fellow posters a joyful and satisfactory 2018!

Kemba Walker is a damn good PG and his contract reflects that...this is a town where fans are too contract conscience when things appear not to be working out. Bottom line, we're a franchise that's capped out and what damage do we do to our future to acquire another high priced player...Kennard? Ellenson? Bullock? The unwanted first round pick?

IMHO pointing out flaws and coming up with generalized solutions is weak. We need a good, cheap, albeit steady, PG, and we could use a reduction in payroll in the worst way; enter Mr. Spenser Dinwiddie for Jon Leuer or Boban/SJ. We're talking to Brooklyn for heavens sake! This is a franchise SVG can laugh in his phone at if they suggest we part with Kennard, Ellenson, Bullock, or our first rounder. This trade could go a long way in curing the pain we suffer with the unnecessary loss of Khris Middleton.

Politics. It can't be explained any other way when an NFL team doesn't have an offensive line to protect the highest paid QB in the game....doesn't have a RB that's nowhere near decent, but the winningest coach is fired. If the GM could've addressed at least one of those short comings and given this leader of men (who inspired them to cut down on those historically stupid penalties that resulted in call backs of substantial gains) one more year, he'd have a fan in me. Politics. Jim Caldwell, I wish you the best.

True sh!t people; I thoroughly enjoy each and every poster that does participate on this forum...the diversity of thought and expression is unmatched (I read a lot of forums, but....). The grass is always greener on the other side has been said, and it's probably wisdom in those words, however IMO this is a great forum.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Yeah, But

Post  lemonpen Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:46 pm

WTF wrote:Pinterest

LIONS wrote:
t

comment

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The Detroit Lions have fired head coach Jim Caldwell after four seasons with the franchise, less than a year after he signed an extension.

I hate to see that firing Caldwell was deemed necessary at all because I think he was a good coach.   The problem with the Lions that last 4 seasons with Caldwell was no run game period end of story.  
Many want to blame Caldwell or shoulder the blame on Stafford or question the defensive effort.  A lack of a run game adversely impacted all three so until that is corrected these times of seasons will keep happening.

Coaches need the tools to win and its up to the general manager to get those tools (players) if the average fan can see a run game is need then certainly a GM should see it as well.

QB it is always easy to point the blame at this position but like coaches needing tools so does QB need options and Stafford has not had an effective run game since being here.  Even a gun-slinger needs a run game especially when he has nixes and bruises.   We all know Stafford has a lot of tools to win games himself but it's not going to happen every game, all the time in every situation.  He shouldn't be throwing 45 times in a game anyway.  

Defense it really doesn't matter how their kept off the field we do know the offense need to spend more time on the field but we can't manage time of possession without a run game.  If the offense scores quickly it no different than a 3 and out, or a turnover.  That defense has get right back on the field sooner or later during the course of a game they're going to give up a big play leading to a loss.

Lions need to be trying to find the next Billy Sims or Barry Sanders, I guess in an effort to keep up with the theme having great backs with the initials B and S that signing and drafting Bull Sheets was the same thing facepalm   

Being worst in the L makes everyone guilty of underachieving, including the unimaginative coach(es). Too many teams have middle of the road running games using no name talent. IMO we could have also.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Happy New Year!

Post  Sparma Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:19 pm

Forum: A new, or shortened, name would help. After all this time I've got trouble remembering it myself. The name served a purpose originally, but's now a barrier.

Lions: Caldwell: good guy, mediocre coach. The Lions have some outstanding talent, but also some big problems. The record under Caldwell is probably representative of what the team deserved. I don't think he helped or harmed much. Tough for him to be let go with the best Lions record as coach in my lifetime. Still, I'm curious what another guy might be able to do. We're drafting #20, which I think is #5 of 9-7 teams.

SA: I think SA lost the game by going 4-14 at the start, and shooting poorly. Still, it became a close game, so credit to the Pistons D too. Reggie B's been a revelation to me, especially as a defender, but also as a smart cutter. Knew he could shoot. He's got to be in the top 7 guys or so from here on in, health permitting. And great game by Kennard. Good for him, nice comeback after an awful game. Kelser again insightful, saying he wasn't hesitant, that he didn't see the fear of failure in Kennard. While complimenting Kennard, Greg's putting his finger on a couple of challenges that he often faces. He was really good the other day though.

I'm assuming SVG will make Stanley J earn all his minutes now? Stanley can contribute in limited minutes, limited role.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Stuff

Post  BallinD Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:53 pm

BTW, Yeah.  We need a beast mode runner.  Stafford despite all hopes and faith, cannot do it alone.  Trade into first round to get a beast, or try and get Leveon Bell, if as rumored, he will be available.  Then draft another playmaker on the defensive line, preferably an End, or best athelete available.  We need a run stuffer too, but the coach and his scheme better include a real running back, while we hope Tion Green can make a leap up!

NBA.Com: Pistons

Week 12: @ LAL, @ LAC, @ PHX

Detroit Pistons
Last week: 12
Detroit Pistons
Record: 20-15
Pace: 97.7 (21) OffRtg: 104.1 (18) DefRtg: 103.9 (Cool NetRtg: +0.2 (16)  We really need more offense! But that is Deeeeeetroit Basketball!! I hope though, that SVG can get out of his own way and refuse to continue to gift minutes to SJ. It ain't broke; don't fix it!

With Reggie Jackson suffering a nasty sprained ankle on Tuesday, the Pistons are without both of their starting guards. But they're 5-2 without Avery Bradley and got a wire-to-wire win over the Spurs without Jackson on Saturday, because their defense has been improved (they've allowed just 96 points per 100 possessions over the last four games) and because Reggie Bullock has made shots. He had the highest effective field goal percentage (72 percent) among 221 players who attempted at least 75 shots in December. The Pistons have one of the East's tougher January schedules, with eight of their 14 games against teams currently at or above .500 and no rest advantage games all month.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Just Get A Freaking Run Game

Post  WTF Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:49 pm

Pinterest

LIONS wrote:
t

comment

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The Detroit Lions have fired head coach Jim Caldwell after four seasons with the franchise, less than a year after he signed an extension.

I hate to see that firing Caldwell was deemed necessary at all because I think he was a good coach.   The problem with the Lions that last 4 seasons with Caldwell was no run game period end of story.  
Many want to blame Caldwell or shoulder the blame on Stafford or question the defensive effort.  A lack of a run game adversely impacted all three so until that is corrected these times of seasons will keep happening.

Coaches need the tools to win and its up to the general manager to get those tools (players) if the average fan can see a run game is need then certainly a GM should see it as well.

QB it is always easy to point the blame at this position but like coaches needing tools so does QB need options and Stafford has not had an effective run game since being here.  Even a gun-slinger needs a run game especially when he has nixes and bruises.   We all know Stafford has a lot of tools to win games himself but it's not going to happen every game, all the time in every situation.  He shouldn't be throwing 45 times in a game anyway.  

Defense it really doesn't matter how their kept off the field we do know the offense need to spend more time on the field but we can't manage time of possession without a run game.  If the offense scores quickly it no different than a 3 and out, or a turnover.  That defense has get right back on the field sooner or later during the course of a game they're going to give up a big play leading to a loss.

Lions need to be trying to find the next Billy Sims or Barry Sanders, I guess in an effort to keep up with the theme having great backs with the initials B and S that signing and drafting Bull Sheets was the same thing facepalm   
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Happy New Year!

Post  Murph Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:22 am

IMO the best way to improve participation on this forum is to encourage the guests to join the forum and post. This forum would be rockin' with 85 active posters.

Bullock needs to remain in the starting line-up for the remainder of the season. Bullock is exactly what we hoped SJ would develop into, when we drafted him.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Each One Teach One

Post  BallinD Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:23 am

I think we just need to send out a link to people and invite them to join our little conclave. Because this forum is not linked to a newspaper, it is a bit harder to keep it going. The advantages of this forum are the news feed and the posters. I also think we should encourage forumites to post more through some kind of promotion. We can also use social media to recruit.

To be honest, it is often a bit too dead in here, so we all can do our part to alleviate that. dance

We should each one recruit another poster to join the forum, if that is possible. At least it can be a goal. It can be offered as a gift to friends fans or loved ones who follow the Pistons.

BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty What Are Your Thoughts

Post  WTF Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:35 pm

Our Forum wrote:In total there are 6 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot
Most users ever online was 85 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:07 pm

Registered Users: WTF
Bots : bing

Legend : [ Moderators ]

Statistics
Our users have posted a total of 27632 messages
We have 63 registered users
The newest registered user is Rufus

Interesting that we have 63 registered users but I doubt if 12 of us even post on a regular.   63 gives me flashbacks to those Pistons Talk days.  What really interesting is that on Aug 19,2017 there were actually 85 users either as register or guest.  Why are our numbers still so low?   I can guess at it but I'm interested to hear everyone else's opinion on these numbers.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Its All Good

Post  BallinD Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:14 pm

The surprising emergence of Bullock has given us a boost in the 3and D department big time and not a moment too soon.  Every year since he's been here he has had these shooting lights out stints of playing Good D and Good O, cutting, splashing the net, but it was always small sample size and nagging injuries, but anybody could see it was there.

For some reason I always liked the way he played, seemed more like a Spur than a Stone, so it is ironic he broke out against Pop's team.  Bullock needed consistent minutes, and to get out from under the Weggie, who never moved the ball enough to find a shooter and cutter.  He simply needed more usage, I believe.  He always seemed to defer to the others.

Same for Kennard.  This pair gives us our own young splash brothers with Bullock cutting and shooting and defending and Kennard shooting, playmaking and defending.  They make it possible to explore trading the experiment that was Stanimal, hopefully along with Weggie, Leuer and Boban to get a young, athletic, PG piece. I wonder how much of Ellensen waits to be unlocked as well.  A young, smart, aggressive PG is what this team needs.

GroundHogs Day:  OTOH, with the way Ish is playing, it is scary to think we may be going down the same road as last year with Stupid Van Gundy, who will go "whole hog" to win a few games and snag an 8th seed at any cost.  Will he shove Weggie back into the lineup, rather than make the trade, while he chokes...on a hoagie or two?  It will be interesting, the end of the year, but for those of us who have bemoaned a lack of young talent, I say we have some, and we need to go out and get more.  If GS and SA can play their young talent, why can't we?  If they can go get young talent, why can't we.  That is the next level I'm interested in.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty NBA Replay-Bowl Games-SA Game

Post  WTF Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:56 am

SA Game, Not really sure what to make of last nights win other than saying "well they won" but when I look at it I see that 3 starting players at the start of the season didn't play last night due to injuries and whatever else reasons.   We know at least one of them on the injury shelf for 6 to 8 weeks but with three starters down who know if its really good or bad.   

Bowl Games,  I was like Hell Yeah!!! with Oracle comment on the Big Ten winning but then I thought about this.  These weren't the big bowl games so not sure how impress I should be.  I know telling my age again but was there a time when there were maybe 12 bowl games at best and the Rose Bowl was always the biggest of them all.  There's something seriously wrong when there's know like 57 bowl games.  

NBA Replay,  This should be only allowed in the final 2 minutes of each qt. and even that might be stretching it usage.  Again putting my age on display but I can only think of a handful of times Replay might have been nice (Lambs Foul on Kareem) come to mind only because that foul stole a NBA Championship from us.  Replay should not be used during the regular season period and limitedly used during the playoffs.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Nice Win

Post  Murph Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:29 am

I have to hand it to the fans on this board who stood by Reggie Bullock for all these years.  Now that he's finally healthy and playing major minutes, he's developed into one of the Pistons better two way players.  

Is Ish better than Reggie?  The starting unit certainly played well last night with Ish at the point.  And Buycks looked surprisingly good off the bench.  

But I'd still feel a lot better if we could pick up a veteran PG before the trade deadline.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Rookies

Post  WTF Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:02 am

This is why I would toss Kennard to the wolves, some players just need trail and error.  Mentally I think he's mature enough to survive it and become better for it.  You can't keep cuddling players
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty And a rookie shall lead them...

Post  Oracle Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:22 pm

Kennard uses the force, Ish comes alive, Bullock says Bradley who, and Drummond gives another solid performance!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Big 10

Post  Oracle Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:22 pm

Kicking major butt in the Bowls so far... I LOVE IT!!!  dance dance dance
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Stuff...

Post  Oracle Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:20 pm

DX wrote:Murph, I didn't realize Bradleys' trade value was dwindling and him being a headache is something I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment on. All I know is that I respect the guy more that wants to get laid, than the guy who wants to retreat into a blackout.
Seriously DX, Bradley had no trade value in the entire NBA until SVG couldn't resign KCP! Boston has his arse on the block for months with no takers for a runt SG. However, getting Bradley was at least one of SVG's better moves because of dire need, which is the ultimate driver of trade value.

But it's your comments on who to trade that makes a LOT of sense. Moving Stanley, Leuer & Boban then makes it easier to keep Bradley this season even if we lose him, the CAP will be much less with Leuer & Boban's salary gone... good stuff!

@Murph - You nailed it, WTF is going through SVG;s mind after his luck with Guards? Meeks, Jennings, Bradley, Bullock, Reggie, all guards and all walking wounded escapees from a MASH unit! So what does he do? Get as many scrub PF's as he can find, even ones he won't play... you just have to shake your head!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty It's you Don, you read with a forked brain...

Post  Oracle Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:09 pm

Ok, let's prove how warped your brain is... Where did anyone say you hated Ish Smith?

You hate players, but Ish isn't one of them, you just don't like him... but as you said, who cares.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Some posters speak with forked tongue but who cares

Post  cool breeze Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:42 pm

I have read most of the posts and I guess now I am guilty of hating Ish Smith. Somehow comments have been twisted so much that I am bad because I do not think it is wise to start Smith. Did I ever say that I didn't like fast pace? I like the fast pace Smith provides but it works best with the 2nd unit not the starting lineup. It was clear to see that the last game Reggie played before he was injured, the starters function best without a ball dominate dribbling happy point guard. Reggie finally played the right way and wouldn't you know it is gets a disabling long lasting injury. Smith provided some fire on offense in this last game. He brought the team back after going 10 down in the first half with speed and guts. But Orlando adjusted in the 2nd half and actually attacked the Pistons where they are most vulnerable when Smith plays with starters. Orlando's coach decided to attack Smith on defense with their starting point guard ho is much taller and stronger than Smith. Detroit had no answer. How many times in the 2nd half did Orlando run isolation plays and Smith gave up easy shots within 3 feet from the basket? I don't blame SVG from rewarding Smith with a starting role. Smith has given a lot for his team. I really like him and know that his style of play is not easy.

Maybe on some nights the Pistons can get away with starting Smith but not when opponents start two big and athletic guards. Smith will have to guard one of those players and it will not work. Again, with Smith starting the Pistons have three players in the starting lineup who have difficulty defender their positions. Harris goes up against bigger and stronger power forwards. Andre Drummond plays in spurts instead of embracing the role of the rim and paint protector. He started out against Orlando in a fog. And in the 2nd half when Orlando decided to exploit the advantage they had with the Piston's starting point guard (Smith) the starters could get no stops on a night when the shots were not falling. At some time in the future I hope we get a group of starters who can fight through bad shooting streaks in games and still win those games by playing superior defense. But for this team that has no identity it seems that at least 3 starters implode when shots are not falling or the ball is not bouncing the right way for them. They seem to give up as a group and it looks like a vampire has sucked out all of their blood during those moments.

Galloway played a horrible game against Orlando playing with the 2nd unit but I suspect he might play better with the starters and the starters would function better with him than Smith. But I do not claim to have a crystal ball and was disappointed with Galloway especially his shot selection.

There is no doubt that Bradley should be the starting point guard if he is healthy enough. With Bradley you get someone at the point with a high basketball IQ. It might take a few games for Avery to hit the ball out of the park but I have no doubt that SVG's job might be saved because of the work of Avery Bradley leading the team as the head of the snake. Bullock, Kennard and Johnson are interchangeable and none of them hurt the Pistons on the defensive end.

Maybe with all the negative press regarding Bradley's alleged female problems could get him pissed off so much that he will come back and take out his his frustration by playing his ass off on the court. There are always 3 sides to every story especially relating to public figures and pro athletes. I will never forget how many fine looking girls that I wanted to date ( no money to date ) were ready to jump off a tall building if they could get a ride in a shinny Corvette when I was in college. The sorority gals were fighting each other to get the status of being with a guy who had a sports car. That meant status regardless who the guy was who was driving the flashy car. What do you want me to do? I will do anything. The women are falling all over NBA players. What a burden to carry. It is actually a real problem for the players where ever they go. They are targets for the stalking babes who have the good looks but empty minds who are trying to get those rich players into compromising situations for a big meal ticket. Looking beyond the beauty is difficult for young rich men. The athletes are always thinking, why does she like me and especially when the sun comes up the next morning. One weak moment or the flicker of one eye might mean to some women might mean something that is not intended. Then the stalking begins. But this is a small price to pay for the lucky men who have those large contracts. Got to be careful and be careful what you wish for.

Happy New Year Piston fans. Nobody knows what is going to happen with our team. I suspect they will drop a few games now until they play some bottom feeders. But there is a long way to go so keep the faith and pull for these Pistons to have success.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Playing For An 8th Seed and Early Exit From Playoffs

Post  WTF Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:47 pm

This team is in dire need of a major retooling from top to bottom (including ownership) 

First things first SVG needs to be replaced at both positions.  I could go in several directions here but adding something old, not so old and something fresh and new.   For the life of me I just can't understand why you don't look into our past success and not want to utilize it and if Gores intention is to be foolish and try to reinvent this team beyond what's been tradition here then he should have never been given ownership of this franchise. That tradition netted us 5 trips to NBA Finals and 3 Championships.

I never wanted Gores as the owner and was cheering hard for Ilitch to get the team, hell I even wanted the Ford's to bid on the team.  Truthfully I think we'll be doing far better if Joe was still in place and you all know how badly I wanted Joe gone.  But I would have preferred he was replaced by another past great in this organization it could have been Bill, Zeke, or Rick in whatever combination of management it didn't matter to me.  

My biggest issue with Joe was he lost touch of the past and wanted to reinvent the team as well because he got caught up in what was trending instead of sticking with what worked.  It was like every season Joe was trying to do the latest and greatest thing at the moment and lost the identity of the team in the process.  

Gore and SVG is tearing up the foundation that those 2 Championship Teams were build upon and that speaks to the character he posses as an owner he more about wanting to toot his own horn and be better by throwing **** at the wall and hoping it sticks.  He/SVG should have been looking to build on that same foundation that was already in place.   Weak Coach and Weak Owner we'll never reach Next Level.  We can't change ownership but we can fire SVG and get back to what worked. 

As far as the roster goes trade whomever it takes to get better not for this season but for next season and the season after.  Truth is if it's done correctly we should be ruling the East by then but a lot of tough decision need to be made by then like again first thing first fire SVG.   If there was ever a time to give Zeke a shot at this team its now.  I honestly would like to see Cheeks get a second shot with this team if not Woodson at coaching, and there is no way in hell that in some form or another that Sheed, Rick or Ben aren't apart of it.  

Also I would start Ish and Kennard in the backcourt and let the remainder of the season play out and let the chips fall as they may.  Why fight for an 8th seed and there's not a trade available on earth right now that going to make it better or change the inevitable.  Period!!!!!!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty PG, SF, please inprove A.S.A.P.

Post  deusXango Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:14 pm

Has SVG ever made a sound decision on selecting PG's or has he been fortunate enough to fall into situations where PG play was a non-issue?

After the way Beno worked his ass off to rehab his late season injury, in preparation for this season, why wasn't he brought back? Many (myself included) thought Beno ran the team better than Ish and was a tougher defender.

I'll never get past the unexplained failure to trade Reggie Jackson for Ricky Rubio...if "Fat Joe," could trade Chauncey a few games into the season, I'm stunned that SVG didn't pull something off with Reggie in the first 15-20 games this year, when he demonstrated he was "good to go" albeit reverting to his old ball hogging, hero ball instincts.

Why is every trade scenario including our first round pick? We seem to be afraid to hold onto it, and IMHO, it's because of the past outcomes of SVG and Bower selecting in the first round.

I'm calling for the trade of Jon Leuer, Boban, and Stanley Johnson...throw in second round picks because saving money doesn't fly with me, the way SVG throws it around. I'm calling for the trading of these 3 guys because the team has won without contributions from them, for the most part, and the money involved! Boban and SJ have value also!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty The Twilight Zone

Post  deusXango Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:36 pm

Murph wrote:
BTW, I'm guessing that in this super-charged politically correct environment that we live in, Avery Bradley has just lost what's left of his trade value.  I mean who's going to take on that headache, when you don't have to?

The computer oversight agency has locked up my comment and sent me back to Murph's original quote page...I'm going to persist on getting my feelings known.

In this ugly money driven environment we knuckle down to and except, where "alternative facts" are more valid than the "fake news" that's reported by some of the historically more credible mass media agencies, calling where we are in this time and space "super-charged politically correct" is a misnomer and feeds into the blind, slanted, bias, bullsh!t that's turning the men of this country into a bunch of b!tch styled lemmings. I'm not taking up for Avery Bradley, anymore than I'm going to damn him by putting his future earning power for his family on the table of public opinion. A young man thrust into the lofty air of professional sports, where there are temptations of all type, if he did or didn't request to have his crank, yanked, he shouldn't become an outcast. Why is no one taking into account that he exercised every avenue available to him to make things right, by making restitution to the victim, protecting his family, friends, fans, and most importantly, his employer(s)?

Murph, I didn't realize Bradleys' trade value was dwindling and him being a headache is something I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment on. All I know is that I respect the guy more that wants to get laid, than the guy who wants to retreat into a blackout.

Today it's the celebrities being denied their day in (legal) court simply because allegations are made, tomorrow it may the average Joe being jailed for reckless eyeballing on a school yard 30 years ago.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty PGs

Post  Murph Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:54 am

So the Knicks have 4 PGs on their roster.  Jarret Jack, Frank Ntilikina, Ron Baker and Ramon Sessions.  

Sessions (31 years old) is the 4th PG and never plays.  I have always considered Sessions to be a very under-rated playmaker, although his defense leaves something to be desired.

What would it take to pry Sessions away from the Knicks?...two 2nd rounders?

SVG...get up off your fat ass and do something, you turd.

BTW, I'm guessing that in this super-charged politically correct environment that we live in, Avery Bradley has just lost what's left of his trade value.  I mean who's going to take on that headache, when you don't have to?

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty SVG Is A Turd...

Post  Murph Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:52 am

How is it that SVG went into this season with only two PGs on his roster, with any NBA experience? This is an especially egregious mistake, considering Reggie's past history of injures. I mean what was SVG going to do if Reggie's knee never recovered this year, and he was on the shelf again for the entire season?

But hey...at least we have 5 power forwards on the roster...because you never know when you might need 5 PFs. facepalm

It is staggering how unprepared (stupid?) SVG is.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Terrible Decision By Bradley

Post  WTF Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:04 pm

Oracle wrote:I'm in Bradley's corner on this one, and I wonder if the Pistons have any recourse against Boston if they didn't disclose this to them before the trade.
http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/avery-bradley-paid-money-to-silence-sexual-assault-accuser/418375 wrote:Avery Bradley reportedly entered into a confidentiality agreement with a woman who accused him of sexually assaulting her earlier this year, but the Detroit Pistons star says he was only trying to keep false allegations from going public.
Wow, on what planet is that possible in the age of the internet???

In the article they claim to be trying to find out who leaked this info... good luck with that! Obviously Avery has some enemies out there that want to damage his image and possibly his career!

It's an ugly charge, and you can understand the instinct to cover it up, but these cover ups never seem to end well.

The sad part is that paying them off always appears to be an admission of guilt, even when there is no guilt.

It doesn't change anything for me, but I know Boston knew about this and I hope they didn't let the Pistons get blindsided!

Damn, what happened to the good old days of simple drunk driving and pissing your pants Smile

So what happens the next time some woman comes up with fake allegations? do you pay them too and enter another agreement.   Sometimes you have to fight it and not worry about the fallout of what people think.   He screwed up.....I don't think this goes away quietly and I'm sure Boston knew about this it maybe be very well why they traded him.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:56 pm

Murph wrote:Wise...you have 9 sisters?  That is shocking.  FORUM - Page 6 Icon_eek  

Yep 9 sisters and 5 brothers very large family.  Mom and Dad had a lot of time on their hands I guess so there was 13 of us, Dad might of had a little more time on his hands because I was the youngest of 13 until he added 2 more  lol

I know off topic nut I had to bring this Bradley thing up but I have an issue with him acknowledging an confidential agreement if innocent.  Paying someone to be quiet isn't proof that wrong wasn't done.  But it also doesn't mean guilt either IMO if you're truly innocent then you don't pay anyone if he that's what he did.   

I guess it wasn't that confidential since we're all reading that something happened and he has a hush agreement with this woman.   I'm not adding a plus or minus to what I think of Bradley in regards to keeping him on the team.  I just know that something is truly wrong here.

The next thing will be coming from the woman Lebron kiss on the cheek after she was hit by the ball maybe we'll hear about her being sexually violated later this season or next.  SMH  facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 6 Empty Bradley Specifics...

Post  Oracle Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:45 pm

I'm in Bradley's corner on this one, and I wonder if the Pistons have any recourse against Boston if they didn't disclose this to them before the trade.
http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/avery-bradley-paid-money-to-silence-sexual-assault-accuser/418375 wrote:Avery Bradley reportedly entered into a confidentiality agreement with a woman who accused him of sexually assaulting her earlier this year, but the Detroit Pistons star says he was only trying to keep false allegations from going public.
Wow, on what planet is that possible in the age of the internet???

In the article they claim to be trying to find out who leaked this info... good luck with that! Obviously Avery has some enemies out there that want to damage his image and possibly his career!

It's an ugly charge, and you can understand the instinct to cover it up, but these cover ups never seem to end well.

The sad part is that paying them off always appears to be an admission of guilt, even when there is no guilt.

It doesn't change anything for me, but I know Boston knew about this and I hope they didn't let the Pistons get blindsided!

Damn, what happened to the good old days of simple drunk driving and pissing your pants Smile
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next