Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
Sissy1946
Phil-Good
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
merc
deusXango
Sebastian
14 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Hitler finds out Lamarcus Aldridge signs with the Spurs

Post  Oracle Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:57 am

Don't EVER give Hitler bad news lol lol lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Stuff

Post  Oracle Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:15 pm

PF Solution: After reviewing the PF situation, I've come to the conclusion that since we have Baynes, who can also stretch the floor, just not out to 3 point land, we have the Moose deficit covered pretty well!

Birdman finds a nest: At first I thought his natural nesting place would be here,
FORUM - Page 14 Trump_hair_2

Fortunately, Birdman had a much better nesting place, and I wouldn't mind nesting/snuggling up amongst those midgets,
FORUM - Page 14 Tina-Wiseman-and-Chris-Andersen
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty PF

Post  Murph Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:17 am

"I'm looking for A trade for A talented power forward. I like Illsovia as the skilled PF coming off the bench. Not as my starting power forward. The Pistons are thin at the PF spot. That has to be addressed. Everybody is in love with the small ball S.H.I.T. I'm not A fan of it. Go find me A skill big man, who can shoot, defend, and kick people's A.S.S down on the block!"

"But what I really agree with you on is the lack of a truly dominate PF on the roster because I'm not sold EI is a starter for a full season though potentially he could be.

Never was a fan of small ball, not a big fan of the long ball either and would like to see a more traditional make up of the roster because IMO we have to many tweeners again."

Phillip and Wise, I generally agree with your statements above.  That's why I was a proponent of keeping Monroe.  I agree that EI is not the long term answer at PF, and I was never a fan of small ball, or long ball either.

Monroe provided a huge, hulking presence in the paint at PF.  It's too bad SVG couldn't figure out how to win with him.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty I've Been Ready Since June

Post  WTF Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:51 am

Oracle wrote:The Lions beat the Jets, but of course it was just a preseason game, so what happened that excited me?

A rookie running back that looked damn good, and while he's no Barry Sanders, he looks better than what we've seen around these parts in years! Heaven knows that we love us some good running in the Motor City!!!

Meet Ameer Abdullah: Click on "Watch on Youtube", the NFL likes control.

Detroit Lions' Joique Bell: 'I see a lot of greatness' in Ameer Abdullah

Bowles: Abdullah is 'about as quick as Barry Sanders'

Barry? Not Really but Javhid Best he most certainly did at least for the short time he played. I like Abdullah so far he looks like a 60 yard run just waiting to happen. What I like most is that he hits the gap fast and he's a north south runner but if he favored any elite back it was Emmit Smith.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty I Haven't Reached A Full Conclusion But..........

Post  WTF Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:45 am

Oracle wrote:Jennings, Jackson & KCP: Thomas/Vinnie/Dumars part Deux? Well, that would indeed be a lofty goal, but none of them shoot the 3 like ANY of those bad boys, hell, none of them shoot ANYTHING like either of those greats. Joe & Zeke were well rounded and balanced players on both ends of the floor, so it's one hell of a climb to get to bad boy levels, but I hope they get close!

Lofty Goal indeed but hell I would be happy if the compared to Billups, Rip & Hunter at this point but they don't.  I'm not whining about them so so don't get me wrong but its hard not to notice the flaws for various reasons with this trio.   I think the three are light years away from being anywhere in conversation with Joe, Zeke and Vinny.  Chauncey and Rip wasn't as rounded as those guys either but LB was a genius in controlling them and playing to their strengths.    

Jennings street ball mentality still bothers me because his emotions get the better of him and then he starts show-boating! I can only imagine that Jennings is feeling some kind of way after the Jackson signing so it might be smart to move him prior to the start of the season.  KCP has had now 3 coaches that insist on him becoming a shooter when his game should be geared more towards that of a D-Wade, or Kobe seems every coach want's to make a Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, Michael Redd out of him.  I would be happy if his game was somewhere in between that of a Rip Hamilton and a damn Jerry Stackhouse.

I'm not completely sold that Jackson is a starter just yet or a player to build around.  I like that Jackson has a chip on his shoulder much in the way I like it with Morris.  I was no big fan of Knights but have to say Knight had a better body of work as a starter than Jackson while had a better body of work than both.  Personally I think Dinwiddie has the potential of being better than all three in the long run if place in the right season he's definitely a better long ball shooter than all three.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Are you ready for some FOOTBALL???

Post  Oracle Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:40 pm

The Lions beat the Jets, but of course it was just a preseason game, so what happened that excited me?

A rookie running back that looked damn good, and while he's no Barry Sanders, he looks better than what we've seen around these parts in years! Heaven knows that we love us some good running in the Motor City!!!

Meet Ameer Abdullah: Click on "Watch on Youtube", the NFL likes control.

Detroit Lions' Joique Bell: 'I see a lot of greatness' in Ameer Abdullah

Bowles: Abdullah is 'about as quick as Barry Sanders'
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Wise & Phillip

Post  Oracle Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:34 pm

@Phillip - You're way over thinking this! If you actually believe that whenever we make predictions about a young team that's never won more than 35 games, with many different coaches, with an organization just finding its footing, that we know anything, you're thinking too hard lol lol lol

These are wild and hopeful predictions, or sour and negative predictions, however you feel, and you should take it that way!

@Wise - IMO, small ball is just like any other scheme, it's fantastic when you use it when it's necessary! It's not something that should be used all of the time unless you're GS and have super shooting, in which case, damn near anything will work most of the time!

I agree on EI, I just don't think he'll be standing when you really need him unless he comes off the bench and remains fresh!

Granger's enemy is not the competition, although that may be a problem too, but the roster size. I don't see how he gets kept unless he blows people away! I do agree that we should take a good hard look for the reasons you stated. I can't get the way he played for Miami out of my mind. He looked fairly good and a looked like a guy that was finding his footing.

Finally, small ball and long ball should both be uses in small doses! We can't live by either of them, but they both need to be in you arsenal of tools!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty 44 Win Might Be A Bit Hopeful

Post  WTF Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:37 am

Pee Boy I almost have to agree with you that it is difficult to predict what the record might be. I did say I was sticking with the 44 win I selected last season but I'm still confused with all these 6'6 guys and 6'7 guys. But what I really agree with you on is the lack of a truly dominate PF on the roster because I'm not sold EI is a starter for a full season though potentially he could be.

Never was a fan of small ball, not a big fan of the long ball either and would like to see a more traditional make up of the roster because IMO we have to many tweeners again.

"However" there are a few things that are intriguing with some of the pickup SVG has made. I know many are ready to toss Granger in the toilet but I say hold off flushing because that turd reeks of the Dice pick up. It was only 3 seasons ago before all the injuries crept up and bit him that he was an All Star player. He doesn't have a lot of mileage because he's been shutdown my injuries if he gets healthy Wow! I wouldn't be shocked if Granger ends up starting this season

The Morris pick up also intrigues me as well this needed a player with an edge and a chip on his shoulders we now have one. I don't look for Morris to put up great numbers but he can have a huge mental impact on how tough this team plays this season.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty What will the Pistons record be?

Post  Phil-Good Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:21 am

We place our bid every year around this time but I can say for the first time In years, I have no clue???!!!!!

I just don't know what this team will be this year. With all due respect, this team is built on somebody having A surprise, breakout year. Morris? KCP? Jackson? Drummonds? The Rookie??? Bullock??

Nobody knows!!! Then the Brandon Jennings situation has to get resolved this season. I'm looking for A solid trade by the Pistons on the Jennings front. That's about 90% sure to happen. What will the Pistons get back in that trade??

Staying healthy is always the major concern...

Only thing that's safe to say is that this Pistons roster is not finished being put together yet. I'm looking for A trade for A talented power forward. I like Illsovia as the skilled PF coming off the bench. Not as my starting power forward. The Pistons are thin at the PF spot. That has to be addressed. Everybody is in love with the small ball S.H.I.T. I'm not A fan of it. Go find me A skill big man, who can shoot, defend, and kick people's A.S.S down on the block!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty The Next Level

Post  merc Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:53 pm

Last year at this time there was nary a peep discussing the possibility of playoffs... in 12 short months SVG has transformed the culture having minimum assets to build with.
I haven't paid much attention to the media prognosticators so far but I doubt anyone would be sent to the woodshed for talking about the 7th or 8th seed.
The team needs to get to the first step of the 3 year playoff growth...
1)Exposure
2)Painfully close exit
3)Ready to make a statement

My hope is that they are at the 1985-86 spurt... this was the year of drafting Joe D... they finished with 46 wins and lost in the first round to the Hawks... everyone is well aware of what followed for the next few years.
At this stage the player turnover is still too high which leads to uncomfortable adjustments... fortunately not for the core players... everyone else can find their niche, which means trying not to be an alpha dog but just being a complimentary piece.
After this year the goal has to be stability and locking in the future players.
We've seen first hand how important defensive talent is for getting deep into the rounds... I also share Wise & O.C.'s concerns about becoming too dependent on perimeter players... yet we managed to do fine with Laim, Aguirre, Joe D and others that leaned heavily on outside shooting... the key was they didn't just live on the arc.... just enough to gain respect.

Ya gotta believe that the long seasons of disappointment are behind us... I for one will not be jumping off the cliff from an early playoff exit... looking forward good days ahead fellas sunny
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Toughness

Post  Oracle Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:33 pm

I absolutely loved Mayo's answer to that question,

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2015/08/ask_david_yes_or_no_on_detroit.html wrote:Toughness is not a physical characteristic. It's strictly mental. There are some extremely physically imposing NBA players who are not tough, and vice versa. Toughness may manifest itself in physical play if a player is both physically gifted and possesses the mental desire to apply a beatdown, but there are 6-foot tough guys and 7-foot softies.

All Van Gundy means by toughness is the mental desire to do everything possible to affect the game, no matter the clock/score situation, with a consistency of effort that lends itself to long-term success. He means someone with the mentality to go hard every second of every play, not take one or two plays off per game. If 10 rotation players take one or two plays off per game, the 10 to 20 possessions with four committed men create a formula with a simple sum: You lose. You don't even need an analytics guy to add it up. It's the uncontested blow-bys, the failed rotations, the missed block-outs, and the indifferent fourth and fifth men in transition that generally cost teams games, not missed shots or mishandles.

As to whether that implies that some past Pistons are gone for lacking toughness, I'd say perhaps in some cases, not likely in others. It's a mixed answer and I wouldn't say a lack of toughness necessarily was the defining reason for any of the moves, but in some cases it had to be a determining factor. It even could go to the top of the food chain, and why a $13.5 million-per-year player wasn't a finisher -- a question no team should have to ask, yet the Pistons did regularly until last December.

As to whether blowing fourth-quarter leads over the past few years, in particular the 2013-14 season, was attributable to a general lack of toughness, the answer unequivocally is yes. The Pistons didn't know how to close games against teams that did. That was strictly a measure of toughness and the repeated failures got Maurice Cheeks fired after 50 games as coach.

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Stones

Post  Oracle Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:32 pm

Stones wrote:Let's be honest, Knight is not the best starter in all the land (period). He was a weak starter or an over paid back up point guard. The same was true AT THE TIME for Middleton. A ton depends on who is surrounding these players. My point above is that when you are Detroit, you have to trade 2+ good players for a better player potentially in return. I don't have any regrets from getting Jennings for those two. In the long run you will see that Middleton (and Monroe) will bankrupt the Bucks and make it very difficult financially to get Bucks have some good players, and ended up doing the same thing essentially with Knight. Not nearly as good as advertised. I don't think Middleton is worth that much money, nor Knight. If they were here, it would have prevented us from developing KCP and would result in just plain "tired" basketball that would stay broken. With Jennings and Jackson and KCP as the 3 headed monster, we all of a sudden have Thomas/Vinnie/Dumars part Deux. Again, neither Knight or Middleton will be allstars. I believe Jackson has greater potential to be an allstar.

You cover a bit of ground here, so let me address some of the points.

Knight vs Jackson: First of all, let's review just the facts, then we can speculate.

1. Knight got paid for performance, being a starting PG on a playoff team and leading that team, and was thought by almost all legitimate NBA observers to be playing at an all star level.
  2. Reggie got paid on the hope that he will be a starting PG on a playoff team, and a 33 game performance, and quite frankly because if we didn't go with him, we absolutely had nowhere else to go!

Knight vs Jackson: The speculation.

1. Knight can be a starting PG in some systems, but they're a lot fewer in the NBA, so he's not likely the starting guard you want to build your team around, but he's absolutely a player you want on your team. He fits well at SG in small ball lineups, and as 6th man otherwise. Knight's court vision has improved, but is not starting PG capable, IMO.
  2. Jackson MAY be a starting guard to build around, but unlike Knight, he has absolutely no 3 point shot consistency, and hasn't shown the 4th quarter clutch of a Jennings. I like his handles and court vision, which exceeds that of Knight, and looks close to Jennings who is slightly better. He still has turnover issues.

The bottom line is that while Jackson projects to being a better PG, he hasn't proven it yet, and Knight has, which means that Jackson has the potential upside advantage. So I do like Jackson over Knight, but at this point in time, it's not by much as both have flaws that hopefully maturity and experience will mitigate in time!

Middleton & Moose: I think Middleton is going to be very good, and that Moose will do well with an entire team that plays defense around him, i.e., it'll be easy to cover up his major weakness. Middleton looked like RIP with a 3 point shot and shot creating ability in the playoffs.

On a team dominated by a clutch shooting, basket attacking Knight, Middleton didn't get a chance to bloom. Once they traded Knight, Middleton grew up and blew up! Kidd knew he wasn't going to be able to afford Knight, especially since he was scheduled for a big payday outside the age of the core group, but I don't see Middleton & Moose hurting them financially with the rising CAP.

Jennings, Jackson & KCP: Thomas/Vinnie/Dumars part Deux? Well, that would indeed be a lofty goal, but none of them shoot the 3 like ANY of those bad boys, hell, none of them shoot ANYTHING like either of those greats. Joe & Zeke were well rounded and balanced players on both ends of the floor, so it's one hell of a climb to get to bad boy levels, but I hope they get close!

All Star Capable: Too much is made of this IMO, and here's why. Becoming an all star is very situation dependent. Jackson as a starting PG has a good shot, just like Knight did last year with the Bucks. Knight has a lesser chance with the Suns with Bledsoe and being in the west, I don't like his chances. However, Middleton has a great shot if the Bucks do well, and that's not a lock, IMO, the Bucks may have issues this season.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Oracle

Post  Go Stones! Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:35 pm

Oracle wrote:
Go Stones! wrote:Joe D (probably should give Hammond the props instead) used multiple average role players to upgrade to superstar.  Check out some of his trades early on in his tenure.  With the players SVG has, he could do the same.

We have some players who would be legit starters (Dre/Jackson), but many are barely starters on most teams.  I see this progressing into grabbing a starter through free agency/trade/etc and the now starter will be a GREAT backup and provide depth.  If you look at our team we have a lot of depth potential at every position with this in mind.
I couldn't agree with you more!!!

IMO, KCP's development would have been even better if he could have come off the bench behind a real starting 2, and let him take the job, it would have been a great battle!

The problem is that we never pick high enough to get a star player, and wind up hoping lower picks can get it done! Obviously, we've been lucky, but we've even blown that by trading away the real wins we got in lower picks like Knight & Middleton, BOTH starting guards in the NBA, and both productive! Sadly we seem to get caught up in position silliness when if you just let them play, that sorts itself out over time!

I believe that we've gotten lucky again, and that Stanley Johnson is going to be a starter, and we'll have to see where, but I think it's going to happen, the only question is when!

But to your main point, I agree that we're in a GREAT position to bring in real starting players in positions 2-4, and use the current starters as solid depth! If SVG can do that at one or preferably 2 positions, we would have a solidly contending top 4 seed in the east!

Let's be honest, Knight is not the best starter in all the land (period). He was a weak starter or an over paid back up point guard. The same was true AT THE TIME for Middleton. A ton depends on who is surrounding these players. My point above is that when you are Detroit, you have to trade 2+ good players for a better player potentially in return. I don't have any regrets from getting Jennings for those two. In the long run you will see that Middleton (and Monroe) will bankrupt the Bucks and make it very difficult financially to get Bucks have some good players, and ended up doing the same thing essentially with Knight. Not nearly as good as advertised. I don't think Middleton is worth that much money, nor Knight. If they were here, it would have prevented us from developing KCP and would result in just plain "tired" basketball that would stay broken. With Jennings and Jackson and KCP as the 3 headed monster, we all of a sudden have Thomas/Vinnie/Dumars part Deux. Again, neither Knight or Middleton will be allstars. I believe Jackson has greater potential to be an allstar.

Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Team USA Game...

Post  Oracle Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:26 am

Drummond went off for 27 points & 16 rebounds, both GAME highs!

Unfortunately he also went 1 for 6 from the free throw line... abysmal!!!

I'm not going to lie, that FT shooting really disappointed me, I hoped for something closer to 50%, but 16.67%? That stung, and leaves me with little hope for improvement since he's supposedly been getting instruction.

Then there was the defensive end... or lack of a defensive end! I would be upset about his lack of defense, but in this game, NOBODY was playing defense, so there's really no conclusions here. He actually could of had 50 points, but I saw a few occasions where guards would not pass to wide open bigs, to showboat taking on 3 defenders! This was playground ball at its finest!

I'll take the scoring, and it looks good, but when nobody is trying to stop you, scoring becomes a lot easier!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Wow Stones...

Post  Oracle Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:56 pm

Go Stones! wrote:Joe D (probably should give Hammond the props instead) used multiple average role players to upgrade to superstar.  Check out some of his trades early on in his tenure.  With the players SVG has, he could do the same.

We have some players who would be legit starters (Dre/Jackson), but many are barely starters on most teams.  I see this progressing into grabbing a starter through free agency/trade/etc and the now starter will be a GREAT backup and provide depth.  If you look at our team we have a lot of depth potential at every position with this in mind.
I couldn't agree with you more!!!

IMO, KCP's development would have been even better if he could have come off the bench behind a real starting 2, and let him take the job, it would have been a great battle!

The problem is that we never pick high enough to get a star player, and wind up hoping lower picks can get it done! Obviously, we've been lucky, but we've even blown that by trading away the real wins we got in lower picks like Knight & Middleton, BOTH starting guards in the NBA, and both productive! Sadly we seem to get caught up in position silliness when if you just let them play, that sorts itself out over time!

I believe that we've gotten lucky again, and that Stanley Johnson is going to be a starter, and we'll have to see where, but I think it's going to happen, the only question is when!

But to your main point, I agree that we're in a GREAT position to bring in real starting players in positions 2-4, and use the current starters as solid depth! If SVG can do that at one or preferably 2 positions, we would have a solidly contending top 4 seed in the east!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Keep in mind...

Post  Go Stones! Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:59 pm

Joe D (probably should give Hammond the props instead) used multiple average role players to upgrade to superstar. Check out some of his trades early on in his tenure. With the players SVG has, he could do the same.

We have some players who would be legit starters (Dre/Jackson), but many are barely starters on most teams. I see this progressing into grabbing a starter through free agency/trade/etc and the now starter will be a GREAT backup and provide depth. If you look at our team we have a lot of depth potential at every position with this in mind.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty DX

Post  Oracle Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:13 am

It would only take a slight breeze to move me over to your opinion, I'm hardly firm on my Morri predictions, and I really want to see what EI can do for us!

Having said that, the reason I like Markieff the most is that he's a bruiser, and is CLUTCH in the 4th quarter! He's the most clutch player on the Suns, and he just finds ways to score in the 4th!

Marcus is more of an SF because he's only in the post when his shoe laces get tangled, but Keef loves to be there! It's almost like you need a mutant combination of the two to get a real all star player that scores and spreads the floor... hell, I just described Aldridge Smile

Anyway, I got your prediction, here is the latest!

MemberWins
Sebastian48
Merc45
DX45
Oracle44
Wise44
Stones41
Murph40
Lemonpen
Cool Breeze
Phil1980boy
Sissy
Fennis
Sparma
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty The team is at a turning point

Post  deusXango Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:30 am

I know Ilyasova has a history of injury, but that's history; let's see if he can match or exceed the Moose's offensive production before we go trading him away. He's a legit PF, not a center masquerading as a PF, and we're not paying him as much to fit next to Drummond as Milwaukee is going to pay Monroe to do whatever Kidd wants him to do.

I'm for staying away from Marfieff Morris, he's a long way from being a superstar and only a superstar is worth taking a chance on, with the baggage he's carrying, plus his current attitude is off kilter to be coming to such a young team that's trying to change it's culture. If I were SVG I'd be looking at a possible 3 way trade, using Marcus as an immediate, inflated trade chip, so he could go wherever his brother is traded to and we benefit from reuniting the Morris twins; if they both landed in Detroit it would be a disaster!

It's a damn shame SVG ran Arnie off because we could certainly use his skills in the resurrection of Danny Granger, but who knows what Thomas may turn out to be.

We've got to be on our feet cheering for Stanley when the season starts to leave no doubt in his mind that the entire city is pulling for him; as gifted and talented as he is, he's only 19 years old and that's a hell of an age to suffer the pain of the loss of your mother. The embrace should be mutual and we may have our first genuine superstar since Grant Hill.

This years early, extended west coast road swing may be a blessing in disguise, since KCP plays his best ball away from home; a couple/three offensive explosions from KCP may galvanize the team and by the time they return to the Palace, we could be watching a well oiled machine steamrolling it's way to the playoffs. We've witnessed the bitter, now it's time for the sweet!

We played .500 ball with Moose, Singler, Butler, and Prince, but since I'm a believer in addition by subtraction, I'm giving us a win for each of those players we lost; 45 wins this year...that's my prediction and I'm sticking with it.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Morris Twins: More truth to be told!

Post  Oracle Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:42 pm

IMO, I'd take Markieff over EI any day of the week! EI is injury prone, and there is the age difference.

My biggest concern is the locker room where we don't have a veteran team to force proper behavior, but IMO, I'd be looking to move Marcus if we could get Markieff!

Step 1 is to wait until after September 16 when they're due in court and see how that goes, but this is a MAJOR bargain deal at his age and price over 4 years!

I don't think the Suns would trade him for Jennings, they're losing a PF, so they'll likely want a PF in exchange, that's why we would likely have to cough up EI!

But make no mistake about it, we're in the drivers seat since we already have one of the twins lol

Here's a refresher on the situation:

Suns: Phoenix Should Trade Markieff Morris ASAP

Morris twins have themselves to blame for Suns drama

Markieff Morris has a right to feel disrespected, but should be traded anyway
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty WOW!

Post  WTF Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:52 am

My Lions have 5 Prime Time games this season twice on Monday Night but damn that schedule is a MONSTER! forget that you get Green Bay twice they have the Broncos, Seahawks, Niners, and Cardinals. Three of these team and the first freaking 8 games but I guess the plus side is that 3 of these games come at home.

Finishing 8-8 is all but a given provided no major injuries occur, 9-7 very possible, 10-6 is what I'm banking on and a Wild Card Berth, 11-5 and Caldwell should be Coach of the Year, anything beyond 11-5 and I think we got us a Super Bowl bound team.

I like our offense and I think our defense is well above average but I think the difference maker in our season and with the team is Caldwell. He won't let this team lose. GO LIONS
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Dang Coach!

Post  WTF Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:27 am

Wow! Hang in there Flip tb Hope your health gets better soon.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Knucklehead and Hot Head....I Say Get the Other Twin Too

Post  WTF Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:25 am

SB Nation wrote:But the Pistons could only bring on a player like Sheed because they had the kind of leaders to keep him in check, and the team was working toward a championship, which even Rasheed Wallace could get behind.

Let's just say that Andre Drummond, Reggie Jackson and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope are no Ben Wallace, Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton, respectively.

Markieff is a knucklehead, and worse than that, he, along with his brother, is a hot head.

The prevailing wisdom was that the Suns traded one of the Morri not only to chase Aldridge, but because keeping them together wasn't an option. The team reportedly believed that the two bring out the worst in each other, and if they had any hope in salvaging the promising career of Markieff then Marcus had to go.

Markieff, however, doesn't appear interested in rehabilitating his image, not in Phoenix, anyway.

I swear I hate the media and public opinion sucks, I wonder how we would feel if our every move and comments were scrutinize to the point of ridicule and over blown analysis.

I don't give a crap what these guys did to this point they have every right to feel slighted and a level of disrespect from both the Suns organization and the Suns fans. People grow over time and we tend to forget that, our actions at the age 25 won't necessarily be our actions at the age 50 but casual fans are so quick to judge rather its in sports or entertainment.

I mean what do they want for these guys to do? should they just lay still quietly and take the unfair criticism and not feel a certain way about it? The reason I wanted to know exactly what was the pending case was about is because you would have sworn they almost killed someone and it was the type of behavior they are known for. Well thanks to lemonpen we all know that this guys disrespected their mom and as Oracle stated that's cause for an Ass Kicking.

All the moaning and premature judgment from Pistons fans simply amazes me considering some of the players we had on this team over years and know all of a sudden everyone needs to be choir boys on the team. Sheed, Rip, Zeke, Rodman, Chauncey, Big Ben, Stuckey, Prince, Mahorn, Dantley, Hill, Stackhouse, C-Webb, Lanier, and I'm sure plenty of others either beefed with coaches, refs, other players, fans, media and each other on many occasions but it seems as if players can only be respected if their stats say they can otherwise people can say what the **** they want about them.

90% of the fans base are likely casual fans who could tell you anything about the game of basketball other than the ball is orange and it goes in the basket seem to be the most vocal and most judgmental asses yapping and the media feeds its. Whatever success the Suns were having the twins were a part of it but they've been bashed by both the fans and media in Phoenix and we have Detroit fans feeding into it. In one breath we love the Malice at the Palace, we love the Bad Boys, We love the weed smoking Sheed, the Boycotts, The Buffoonery, let a guy protect his mother's honor and whip someone ass he's a criminal for life. facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty SVG's Offense: Sometimes the truth hurts!

Post  Oracle Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:35 pm

This picture says it all, sometimes you have to tell the truth, even if it hurts, so here I go on the one thing bothering me about SVG's offense.
FORUM - Page 14 CLfdoa9UMAEeq1O

My concern is that SVG's offense is going to do to Stanley Johnson what it's trying to do with KCP, and that's to turn him into a 3 and D player, and that's not good! IMO, KCP is being forced to be a 3 and D player, and that's what's bothering me about SVG's offense. I didn't have this concern as much with Jennings, but with Reggie, it's a real problem, and here's why!

With Reggie & Drummond clogging up the paint, it sort of forces the other 3 players to constantly be looking to shoot 3's. That's why Jennings, IMO, is the better PG for SVG's offense than Reggie.

If you don't like Jennings, substitute "A Jennings type player", meaning a player that's dangerous and must be guarded as soon as he crosses half court! We were successful with Jennings because he spread the floor for everybody, they knew if he wasn't guarded, he'd drop a 3 on them any time!

When the PG spreads the floor, the paint is not clogged and it allows the other players to make plays, not just shoot shots!

Reggie can't(at least right now) do that, and that simple fact ripples through the lineup, forcing everyone to be a 3 and D player, even if they're better suited to be a more multifaceted player! Maybe Reggie will come back with a decent 3 point shot, I certainly hope so, but if he doesn't, it forces the other players into very defined roles in the half court, with the only chance to do anything different coming off of fast breaks!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  lemonpen Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:58 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
lemonpen wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:
Murph wrote:"Sound like you and Murph wouldn't have an issue if he register 16 or 17 ppg. I don't think it should matter or be a deciding factor on how harshly or don't judge him. Rest assure as merc indicated winning changes everything so I'm willing to bet that had the Suns went to the WCF with the twins in tow that might not be in bashing mold along with their fan base."

I won't  have an issue with Morris if he comes off the bench for 4 years until his contract runs out, provided he keeps quiet and is not a disruption on the court or in the locker room.  But what are the odds that going to happen?

Come on Wise, if he was putting up those numbers, you're damn skippy he gets a wider berth from everybody!

Hell, do you even remember the rep Sheed had when he came here? To be honest, I didn't give two craps about the Weed, the Techs, the Jail Blazers, none of it, I knew what he could do for us on the floor. But if he was a  9ppg baller, then I GOTS question lol !!!

Now back to the Twins, and thanks to LemonPen, I have a better view of the situation! It sounds like some dude sent a sexual text to their Mom! I don't know about you, but where I come from, that's grounds for a ass whooping!

Was the way they did it sloppy... hell yeah, if you're going to deliver a good ass whooping, you need to be a little more covert, you don't do that crap in public!

Having said all of that, IMO, if their Mom did get a sex offer, she should consider it a major complement, turn it down and move on, because I can't imagine the dude that wants to hit that these days lol lol lol, but there are chubby chasers out there! 

FORUM - Page 14 27603C0600000578-3030508-Marcus_left_and_Markieff_right_with_mother_Thomasine_Morris_whil-m-75_1428514196628

Don't knock the Gig Girl loving until you tried it tb
What is a gig girl????

If the boys flanking her are 6ft 9 how tall is she.

oops!
Dang, I was hoping there was a special meaning.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Re:Gig Girl? Oops Big Girl

Post  WTF Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:45 pm

lemonpen wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:
Murph wrote:"Sound like you and Murph wouldn't have an issue if he register 16 or 17 ppg. I don't think it should matter or be a deciding factor on how harshly or don't judge him. Rest assure as merc indicated winning changes everything so I'm willing to bet that had the Suns went to the WCF with the twins in tow that might not be in bashing mold along with their fan base."

I won't  have an issue with Morris if he comes off the bench for 4 years until his contract runs out, provided he keeps quiet and is not a disruption on the court or in the locker room.  But what are the odds that going to happen?

Come on Wise, if he was putting up those numbers, you're damn skippy he gets a wider berth from everybody!

Hell, do you even remember the rep Sheed had when he came here? To be honest, I didn't give two craps about the Weed, the Techs, the Jail Blazers, none of it, I knew what he could do for us on the floor. But if he was a  9ppg baller, then I GOTS question lol !!!

Now back to the Twins, and thanks to LemonPen, I have a better view of the situation! It sounds like some dude sent a sexual text to their Mom! I don't know about you, but where I come from, that's grounds for a ass whooping!

Was the way they did it sloppy... hell yeah, if you're going to deliver a good ass whooping, you need to be a little more covert, you don't do that crap in public!

Having said all of that, IMO, if their Mom did get a sex offer, she should consider it a major complement, turn it down and move on, because I can't imagine the dude that wants to hit that these days lol lol lol, but there are chubby chasers out there! 

FORUM - Page 14 27603C0600000578-3030508-Marcus_left_and_Markieff_right_with_mother_Thomasine_Morris_whil-m-75_1428514196628

Don't knock the Gig Girl loving until you tried it tb
What is a gig girl????

If the boys flanking her are 6ft 9 how tall is she.

oops!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 14 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next