Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+3
Murph
Oracle
cool breeze
7 posters

Page 1 of 42 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next

Go down

FORUM Empty Wiseman

Post  Go Stones! Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:27 pm

Sparma wrote:I think that's too much, Stones, but maybe I'm not adjusted to current astronomical salaries.

Looks like the NBA average/ mid-level exception is c. 10.5 mil, so the amount you mention would be below league average.

Wiseman's gotten better this year, but remains a lousy defender.  Whereas before this season, I thought he was fighting to stay in the league at all, I now think he's earned a spot in the league.

I continue to see him as a situational giant, more than a true back up center.  Plug him in selectively, and give him more minutes when needed.

It looks like the NBA minimum for players with 3 years of experience is c. 2 million.  

Maybe 5 mil would be ok with me for Wiseman.  Honestly though, even though I'm on board with a young roster I'd rather explore signing Drummond for that kind of money.  Mike Muscala's not really a center, although he can put in some minutes there, but he too would be a preferred target for me; he actually made the team better in the short time he played here.

I'm all for maintaining a long term perspective and featuring young players.  My biggest worry with Wiseman with the Pistons is that he'll continue to be handed more minutes than he's earned.  It may be best for all concerns that he move on, getting paid a low wage by NBA standards to play the minutes he's earned.   

Go Stones! wrote:Wiseman only gets a 7.7M offer since he didn't qualify for starting criteria. Is this worth it?

I think 7.7M is adequate for a center who just turned 23 and only played 147 games so far. He will still improve and has just now been given a chance. I'm not a huge fan, but I think it is worth that.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Wiseman

Post  Sparma Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:06 pm

I think that's too much, Stones, but maybe I'm not adjusted to current astronomical salaries.

Looks like the NBA average/ mid-level exception is c. 10.5 mil, so the amount you mention would be below league average.

Wiseman's gotten better this year, but remains a lousy defender. Whereas before this season, I thought he was fighting to stay in the league at all, I now think he's earned a spot in the league.

I continue to see him as a situational giant, more than a true back up center. Plug him in selectively, and give him more minutes when needed.

It looks like the NBA minimum for players with 3 years of experience is c. 2 million.

Maybe 5 mil would be ok with me for Wiseman. Honestly though, even though I'm on board with a young roster I'd rather explore signing Drummond for that kind of money. Mike Muscala's not really a center, although he can put in some minutes there, but he too would be a preferred target for me; he actually made the team better in the short time he played here.

I'm all for maintaining a long term perspective and featuring young players. My biggest worry with Wiseman with the Pistons is that he'll continue to be handed more minutes than he's earned. It may be best for all concerns that he move on, getting paid a low wage by NBA standards to play the minutes he's earned.  

Go Stones! wrote:Wiseman only gets a 7.7M offer since he didn't qualify for starting criteria. Is this worth it?
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Wiseman

Post  Go Stones! Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:26 pm

Wiseman only gets a 7.7M offer since he didn't qualify for starting criteria. Is this worth it?
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Pres of B'ball Op

Post  lemonpen Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:58 am

Is Gores looking for a "Hatchet Man" to insulate himself from the totality of his own poor decisions.  Someone to fire Mr. XY&Z for reasons other than the owners ego is too bruised to be further outed as having hired everyone AND erected this failing structure.  Who knows.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Too Many Chefs Spoil the Soup

Post  lemonpen Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:02 pm

Sparma wrote:Vince Goodwill, formerly a Pistons beat writer, was interviewed on the pre-game show.

What I hear as the principal theme echoes JE3 (cited before by me): the Pistons will search for a Prez of Ops with decision making powers both over the GM and coach.  

That could lead to the firing of Weaver, but need not, as I hear Goodwill (and JE3 earlier).  My guess is that Weaver gets a bit more time, under great pressure to show results.

(Comment: that's not the way to go in my opinion: a Weaver eager to empty his clip, as he said before, doesn't need added incentive to act recklessly.  For me, an example of that would be trading Ivey & our very high pick for a good, but limited, vet.)

What's most surprising to me is what Goodwill conveys regarding Monty, that's determining his future will likely involve a conversation in which Monty's commitment to a young roster will be gauged, as well as his fit with a possibly much more veteran roster built around Cade.  

Goodwill seems pretty casual about trading even a first pick, partly because he says it's not a good draft.

(Comment: Such a trade may not be a bad idea in principle, but I'm skeptical that they could line up an actual trade that would make that worthwhile, especially if the Pistons are perceived to be a desperate team (which they are)).

Interesting speculations by Goodwill, who knows his stuff.  

Change is on the way.  Unfortunately, I foresee a floor raising, but ceiling lowering, summer.  Hope I'm wrong.

What's one more decision maker. Let's raise the count to 6. There is already one finger pointing down from the top and four fingers pointing back.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Speculations about Restructuring continue

Post  Sparma Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:20 pm

Vince Goodwill, formerly a Pistons beat writer, was interviewed on the pre-game show.

What I hear as the principal theme echoes JE3 (cited before by me): the Pistons will search for a Prez of Ops with decision making powers both over the GM and coach.

That could lead to the firing of Weaver, but need not, as I hear Goodwill (and JE3 earlier). My guess is that Weaver gets a bit more time, under great pressure to show results.

(Comment: that's not the way to go in my opinion: a Weaver eager to empty his clip, as he said before, doesn't need added incentive to act recklessly. For me, an example of that would be trading Ivey & our very high pick for a good, but limited, vet.)

What's most surprising to me is what Goodwill conveys regarding Monty, that's determining his future will likely involve a conversation in which Monty's commitment to a young roster will be gauged, as well as his fit with a possibly much more veteran roster built around Cade.

Goodwill seems pretty casual about trading even a first pick, partly because he says it's not a good draft.

(Comment: Such a trade may not be a bad idea in principle, but I'm skeptical that they could line up an actual trade that would make that worthwhile, especially if the Pistons are perceived to be a desperate team (which they are)).

Interesting speculations by Goodwill, who knows his stuff.

Change is on the way. Unfortunately, I foresee a floor raising, but ceiling lowering, summer. Hope I'm wrong.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Kevin Ollie???

Post  Murph Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:16 am

So once UConn fired Kevin Ollie, it took them about 10 years to rebuild the program that Ollie ruined.  Now with Danny Hurley, they’ve won back to back National Championships.

Kevin Ollie???  Phil please…

Phil-Good wrote:Did anybody see how Kevin Ollie out coached Monty Williams the other night?

Looks like Tom should have let Troy Weaver do his job but you know how that goes!

Let's hope for the number 1 pick and then trade options. Major trade options. And to walk away with who you really want in this draft. Don't care if it's a Center or Guard. Just a impact player.

Go Pistons!

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty The Rebuild Is Over?

Post  Murph Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:08 am

So the rebuild is over? After 5 years of losing, you are now happy with the worst team in franchise history? Are you insane?

Phil-Good wrote:"Phil…you were the single loudest advocate of a top down rebuild.  Why are you abandoning your position now?  Are you tired of losing?

I’m tired of losing also. And no, these total rebuilds don’t work.  They just turn your team into a perennial loser."

I was all the way down for the rebuild.

But it's done!  

You got Cade, Duren, Thompson, Stewart etc....

The rebuild is over!! The hard part is over!!

Now you just adding the right guys to it!

I think the rebuild was the correct move to make. Now the kids have to learn how to win. It will happen!!

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Kevin Ollie

Post  Phil-Good Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:34 pm

Did anybody see how Kevin Ollie out coached Monty Williams the other night?

Looks like Tom should have let Troy Weaver do his job but you know how that goes!

Let's hope for the number 1 pick and then trade options. Major trade options. And to walk away with who you really want in this draft. Don't care if it's a Center or Guard. Just a impact player.

Go Pistons!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Wise

Post  Go Stones! Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:11 pm

Did anyone else see the app article that stated Wiseman didn't hit the starts or minutes to earn his qualifying offer amount of 15.8M? That he is eligible for half that? I can handle 7.9M for a backup or 3rd center on this team. He does have upside for that amount.

I wonder if M.Flynn has the same situation with his 5.8M. I can't imagine he made the starts or minutes.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty The times they are a changing

Post  Sparma Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:37 pm

What to do when (with four games left) you've lost 5 games for each win and you've experienced a 28 game losing streak, that in spite trying to win?

You change.

I'd posted earlier about a JE3 speculation about the future (Prez over Weaver to come?  Monty may well be out?) that I learned about indirectly (the original is behind a paywall).  Now I see various posts that track back to Jake Fischer who reports that Monty's not receptive to a buyout.  But why would that even be a topic unless the possibility had been broached?

My predictions, drawing inferences from various sources: 1) Weaver will be retained (for now), but demoted, with 2) a new Prez of operations who will clearly be highest in command, other than Gores, who will be able to at least veto roster proposals by Weaver and Tellem, 3) Monty will be fired at great expense to Gores (and, speculating, it will eventually come out that Cade is ok with that move, in spite of initial protestations), 4) Gores will apologize for overstepping his authority with respect to Weaver's coaching preference last summer (accounting in part for Weaver staying on, in diminished capacity), 5) Gores will announce that he plans to retreat further from decisions regarding the construction of the team (distancing himself, implicitly, from any future type of Blake trade) and the coaching staff, and 6) the new Prez (Bob Myers??) will have significant say regarding the new coach, so that (#4 notwithstanding), Weaver proposes, but the new Prez disposes.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Phil-Good Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:16 am

"Phil…you were the single loudest advocate of a top down rebuild. Why are you abandoning your position now? Are you tired of losing?

I’m tired of losing also. And no, these total rebuilds don’t work. They just turn your team into a perennial loser."

I was all the way down for the rebuild.

But it's done!

You got Cade, Duren, Thompson, Stewart etc....

The rebuild is over!! The hard part is over!!

Now you just adding the right guys to it!

I think the rebuild was the correct move to make. Now the kids have to learn how to win. It will happen!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Total Rebuild? Rumored possible restructuring?

Post  Sparma Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:20 pm

The total rebuild has gotten tougher over the years, partly because of the funky lottery odds (a terrible Wiz team has a 20% chance to land on #6), partly because, nevertheless, each year several teams seem happy to dive to the bottom.

There have been horribly long stretches of being bad due to incompetence and bad luck, the Clips of yore come to mind, but I believe we take the cake in driving a planned "restoration" farther and farther into the ground. OKC was always going to ascend because of Presti's a ruthless genius even in an environment that doesn't draw NBA stars, but I don't think Orlando, Minnesota, or Sacramento are all that well run, or even well run at all, but they've all experienced a resurgence. Even Houston. It's really again the odds to go from bad to terrible to terribler over a stretch of several years. There's a kind of talent to do that, especially when you've landed a franchise player, albeit a fragile one.

Did anyone recently read JE3 behind the Athletic firewall? His piece as conveyed by Ku at Locked On didn't come through clearly, but it sounds like Gores may be inclined to bring in a President of Operations to whom Weaver, holding on to his job for a bit, would be answerable. I'd rather see Weaver just go, but if that's not going to happen a restructuring would be an improvement.

Murph wrote:Phil…you were the single loudest advocate of a top down rebuild.  Why are you abandoning your position now?  Are you tired of losing?

I’m tired of losing also. And no, these total rebuilds don’t work.  They just turn your team into a perennial loser.

Phil-Good wrote:Has anybody Seen Jaden Ivey???

Anybody! The kid who finished up his rookie season is GONE!

The player that's left over is a shell of himself!
No impact, no clutch ability, zero ability to shoot, no confidence, no anything!!

Jaden Ivey has been a straight G League player this season.

And don't blame Monty Williams! Ivey starts and plays 30 minutes every game!

Jaden Ivey is one of the main reasons why the Pistons are terrible this season!

Nobody would have known Ivey would be a straight BUST!

And that's what he is a BUST! Officially!
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Tired of Losing?

Post  Murph Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:49 pm

Phil…you were the single loudest advocate of a top down rebuild.  Why are you abandoning your position now?  Are you tired of losing?

I’m tired of losing also. And no, these total rebuilds don’t work. They just turn your team into a perennial loser.

No impact, no clutch ability, zero ability to shoot, no confidence, no anything!!

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Missed out!

Post  Sparma Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:43 am

Living in Georgia for a couple of years, I again contemplated making the c. 90 m. trip to the Hawks arena, but didn't. Last time, I missed Cade's 43 point outburst, this time an NBA record of the guy with the lowest average scoring 50.

Concerning Ivey: what was exciting last year is that he got steadily better in Cade's absence, even growing into a distributing role. His scoring % at the rim was poor, but that improved for a good portion this season. All downhill from then. I hope he can have a huge game at the end here. At this point, I think he needs to earn his minutes (but not in favor of the likes of Killian again!!) and I'll re-assert that the 6th man role may be where he can be most valuable. He's been discouraging this year in that he's stagnated, at best. Checking though, I see that his PER's up slightly from last year, from 12.1 to 12.4. Could he fit acceptably with Cade, yes, but optimally, no.

I'd keep him (he's got very limited trade value now, I'd think) and provide him with opportunities, but in his third season I'd definitely put him in the "Show Me" category. I continue to think even a guy like Killian may yet pull it together at age 27-28, and be a solid player, but that doesn't mean a prospect like him should get the massive opportunities that Monty afforded him. In Ivey's case, Monty may have had the right idea with bringing him along slowly, but, unfortunately, his plan just hasn't worked.

Might the Pistons have a little bit of a run in them, say 3-3, down the stretch? In the olden days, under SVG, they made a tradition of worsening their draft prospects in the last week, by going 4-2 or so. The schedule, including the Nets, Grizzlies, Bulls, and Spurs, doesn't exactly consist of a Murderers' Row. I just hope they hold on to that 1.5 game lead on the Wiz, and a guaranteed top 5 draft pick.

Following the box score early last night, I couldn't figure who would score for them (with Cade out), if not Ivey. Flynn with the historic performance last night, but I still wonder who will be scoring big in those last six games if Cade remains out.

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Jaden Ivey

Post  Phil-Good Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:26 am

Has anybody Seen Jaden Ivey???

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Congrats to Chauncey!

Post  Sparma Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:04 pm

About to enter the Hall of Fame, greeted by his teammate Ben Wallace.  Not a spectacular PG, but an immensely valuable one, with his ability to use to his strength to penetrate, his generous and precise distributing, his tough defense, very good shooting and fantastic FT-shooting, and overall leadership.

What to say about the current Pistons who likely are headed toward their worst W-L record ever?  We've got a high pick coming with tons of money to spend this summer, yet there's so much realistic cause for pessimism, particularly under the guidance of the Piston brain trust, including Gores.  So many tough decisions where I'd love to have a young Dumars or a Jack McCloskey in charge.  For instance, I'm a big Jalen Duren fan, but I wonder if you pick Alexandre Sarr if it turns out you can.  Good exchange on Ivey: again, I'm a fan, but he's also provided serious reasons for doubt.  What to do? I think they need to be patient with him for a while (in agreement with Lemonpen), not least because I suspect his trade value has taken a serious dip recently and there's probably not a premium trade possibility available; I don't know what you do come draft time if the best player you can get at your [eg #5] slot, say Reed Sheppard, would impinge on Ivey's time and development. The team may face a similar dilemma as I discussed with Duren above. You'd love to draft a big-time wing, but will that be close to the best player available?

If only an able FO were in charge! So many important decisions ahead, requiring both vision and keen basketball acumen. I've come to doubt that that combination is available in-house.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty JI

Post  lemonpen Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:24 pm

Phil-Good wrote:Hello Pistons fans.

I believe the Pistons will be good again very soon.

Here is one of the Pistons main issues. And I have two trade ideas to attempt to fix it.

1: Jaden Ivey does not fit. Cade is your guy moving forward. If Cade is not your #1 option, he for sure is your #2 option.

Jaden Ivey is not a starting SG. Ivey simply put, can not shoot and must be replaced. Monty Williams was correct about Mr. Ivey all along. Ivey best way to help would be as the 6th man off the bench. PG spot.

Here is my trade idea. Miami. And Charlotte. Ivey and a protected first for Duncan Robinson and Herrio.
Ivey and a 2024 first for Brandon Miller.  

If Chicago wants to trade Levin I would still do that trade. But I wouldn't include Ivey or any first round picks. I would give up James Wiseman and guys like that.

My point, Ivey inability to shoot is killing the Pistons as the double team is coming directly off of Ivey's man.

Go back and watch the game film. Nobody respects Ivey's jump-shot. Isiah Stewart gets more respect from the defense then Ivey

I share your frustration with Ivey, but not your solution. I think the kid is too talented to throw-in the towel after only 2 yrs. The roster needs more bucketgetters, not fewer. IMO Ivey's all-around production is negatively impacted by his lack of patience on offense and poor self-discipline on D. I'd like to see how good and consistent he could become if his feet would stop outrunning his brain, his handle, his passing accuracy and his shooting.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Man O Man

Post  lemonpen Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:53 pm

All I want is for this season to end, so the Stones can just get the F out of the way.
Paying 20, 40, 60 dollars for parking is essentially throwing good money after BAD, so I give my tix away. Can only watch them on TV until the deficit reaches 20, then I'll go watch or do WHATEVER my wife is doing. I add salt to the wound by peeking online to see if we've closed the gap only to find it's blown up to 30. DAMN IT.!!

Hey Troy, will your tenure be characterized by massive losing and crawling across the finish line. Gotta say, our ability to repeat this theme is uncanny. "Run through the ribbon". Yeah right.

Our coach, Dwayne Williams or is it Monty Casey has only made me more miserable by whining because opposing teams haven't shown the requisite respect when we wave the white flag. facepalm The guy that was brought here to take charge of developing our roster looks more and more like he is receiving OJT. Who knew?

Once more, go get Grant and Billups, then we can talk about winning.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Ivey, Cade and the Definition of Insanity

Post  Murph Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:26 am

Phil-Good wrote:Hello Pistons fans.
Here is one of the Pistons main issues. And I have two trade ideas to attempt to fix it.

1: Jaden Ivey does not fit. Cade is your guy moving forward. If Cade is not your #1 option, he for sure is your #2 option.

Jaden Ivey is not a starting SG. Ivey simply put, can not shoot and must be replaced. Monty Williams was correct about Mr. Ivey all along. Ivey best way to help would be as the 6th man off the bench. PG spot.

Here is my trade idea. Miami. And Charlotte. Ivey and a protected first for Duncan Robinson and Herrio.
Ivey and a 2024 first for Brandon Miller.  

If Chicago wants to trade Levin I would still do that trade. But I wouldn't include Ivey or any first round picks. I would give up James Wiseman and guys like that.

My point, Ivey inability to shoot is killing the Pistons as the double team is coming directly off of Ivey's man.

Go back and watch the game film. Nobody respects Ivey's jump-shot. Isiah Stewart gets more respect from the defense then Ivey

I agree with the problem.  But I see the solution in a 180 degree opposite direction.  I don’t care what Tim Legler and Steven A have to say about Cade.  I don’t see Cade as a potential superstar that we can build a championship team around.  I see him as a flawed, but star player who is being misused.

And by the same token, I see Ivey as the potential superstar who’s career is being stunted and ruined in Detroit.  

Please follow my logic.  Weaver has tossed the keys to the team to Cade every year since he was drafted #1. And what are the results?  Every year, the Pistons have been the worst team in the NBA, culminating in this year, where they set a record for futility by losing 28 in a row and almost being the worst team in NBA history.  I think we need to stop blaming everything on the “supporting cast” and look at our “superstar”, as a source of our problems.  

Add to that Cade’s over-use and his inability to stay on the floor, due to health issues.  For years I have criticized Embiid for always being injured.  Embiid has missed roughly 40% of his games since he was drafted.  How is any team supposed to get out of the 2nd round, when their “superstar” misses on average 30 games a season?  The answer is they can’t.  No matter what talent the 6ers surround Embiid with, they ain’t going anywhere, because Embiid can’t stay on the floor.  Cade has a very similar problem.  He has also missed roughly 40% of his games since he was drafted, due to injury.  

And when Cade is healthy, he hasn’t played all that well.  Simply put, he doesn’t make great decisions, and he turns-over the ball too damn much.

Furthermore, last season when Cade was out and Ivey ran the point, the team played much better, which indicates to me that Ivey is a better PG than Cade. And that was in Ivey’s rookie season, when he was just learning the position.

Furthermore, Cade is a much better outside shooter than Ivey.  

So the obvious solution is to gives the ball to Ivey, and have Cade play off the ball at either SG or SF.  If I were coach, I’d try out Cade at SF.  Cade is big enough to play forward, shoots well enough, and it would lessen the workload on Cade, which might keep him healthy.  In other words, Cade should be complimenting Ivey, not the other way around.

Of course, none of this will ever happen.  For political reasons,  conventional wisdom is consolidating around the opinion of moron’s like Legler and Steven A, who for some reason still think Case is the Man.  Weaver picked Cade #1 and will never admit that Cade needs to be used differently.  

So instead of changing strategy, the Pistons will throw Ivey under the bus.  They’ll trade Ivey and our #1 for some over priced All-Star, like Blake Griffin.  After 5 years of misery, we will abandon the top-down rebuild and throw in the towel for a big name that some other team can’t wait to get rid of.  Cade will continue to make poor decisions, turn-over the ball, and miss games.  We’ll continue to be bad or at best mediocre.  Then we’ll watch Ivey turn into another Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, and scratch our heads and wonder, why we can’t ever develop a player like SGA?   facepalm

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Looking ahead

Post  Sparma Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:19 pm

We're closing in on a top 2 lottery slot, with #3 San Antonio and us at #2 both having played 68 games, and us 3 games worse than them.

We don't have enough talent (yet), even though we recently won 3 of 4. I like our top 4, but I think only Cade's a safe bet as a top 30 to top 40 player moving forward. I love how Ausar plays, but he's got a long way to go, and not just as shooter; Duren looks like a consistent double-double guy, but his defense continues to be wobbly; Ivey can look great, but he's super erratic and in a down stretch now.

If two of our core 4 don't become near All-Stars (and Cade's probably to that level already), we're in big trouble.

Our best shot for a major talent infusion's still the draft, even though it's getting talked down a lot.

I don't mind trading a pick, but only if it's for a major talent, not if it's for a pretty good player like DeAndre Hunter. Pulling off that kind of trade is super difficult.

Packaging Ivey and a pick could bring in major talent, as Phil suggests, but I really don't have the confidence Weaver could pull that off. In fact, I've seen enough to convince me he's not the got to complete the "restoration"; no matter what I think, however, I'm guessing he'll get the summer and at least part of next season to spend that wad of money and pick the super high pick.

Lavine, a possibility that Phil raises? Maybe, but not for Ivey, in agreement with him. Maybe Sasser and stuff gets it done. Not sure we could match salaries, at this point, after the trading Bogey and Burks.

It's a good time to be gloomy, but there's real hope, with the core 4, some solid talent beyond (especially Fontecchio), a great deal of money to spend, and great lottery odds. What could go wrong?

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Evbuomwan

Post  Murph Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:23 am

6’7, 220 lb, undrafted wing out of Princeton, Ivy League Player of the Year.  

Everyone is always whining, why can’t we find a Duncan Robinson?  Well here’s the guy, right under our noses.  

Phil-Good wrote:
Murph wrote:Every time this guy gets a chance to play, he’s nearly perfect.  Sign this guy.  He can be signed for next to nothing…3 years at $12 million.  Weaver is always looking for some cheap, alternative.  This is the guy.  He’s a big, athletic, high IQ wing who can shoot.    

Who are you talking about?

Murph

Phil-Good likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil-Good Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:08 am

Murph wrote:Every time this guy gets a chance to play, he’s nearly perfect.  Sign this guy.  He can be signed for next to nothing…3 years at $12 million.  Weaver is always looking for some cheap, alternative.  This is the guy.  He’s a big, athletic, high IQ wing who can shoot.    

Who are you talking about?
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Tosan

Post  Murph Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:02 am

Every time this guy gets a chance to play, he’s nearly perfect. Sign this guy. He can be signed for next to nothing…3 years at $12 million. Weaver is always looking for some cheap, alternative. This is the guy. He’s a big, athletic, high IQ wing who can shoot.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty A few Trade Ideas

Post  Phil-Good Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:02 am

Det needs to get on the phone with New Orleans. Trey Murphy III. Portland. Simmons and or Sharp. Both if possible. How about Houston in Orlando? See if you can pry him away from Orlando. How about Herro.. In Miami? I would without question try to bring back S.Bey. on a fair deal based on his torn ACL. The Pistons might have to take a serious look at Jordan Pool.

Call Atlanta a at least check on Trey Young. See what's what there.

Most importantly is killing this draft. Find a kid who is special!

Somebody who can fill the starting 2-Guard position eventually!

Find a stretch 4. Let Wiseman walk and move Stew over to the back up 4/5 spot.

Keeper in my opinion: Sasser, Cade, Thompson, Stew, Italian Stallion, Duren and Ivey if he is willing to come off the bench. If not, Ivey has to go

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 42 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next