Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
Sissy1946
Phil-Good
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
merc
deusXango
Sebastian
14 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Rotations

Post  Murph Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:30 pm

Sebastian wrote:
Phil1980boy wrote:
Oracle wrote:FORUM - Page 8 Capitals-fire7

Probably not!

This is not A bad starting 5. If this group is going to have success, it starts with Defense. If these guys take pride in being A top defense in the NBA, this group of guys can lead Detroit back to the playoffs. Also, add health to the equation.

Pistons Pals, I am personally fine with Phillips Starting 5:

- "Mr. October" will have to prove that he is worthy of his new contract. Specifically, he must not only prove that he can start games, but that he can finish games, too. He has to become as dependable as Chaunce was during the last 5 minutes of games,.

- KCP is in entering a pivotal third season. He has got to become a consistent, starting SG with the ability to guard the position at a high-level and diversify his scoring - knocking down the 3-pointer at an efficient-rate, installing a consistent dribble-drive game and getting the free-throw line.

- Morris and Illyosva may prove to be a great tandem of tweeners (SF/PF) to pair with Dre. Illy needs to become Markieff's new twin. The two of the guys games are so similar that they should be able to guard each other's man, shoot the three when necessary, put the ball on the floor when required, and help Dre at gobbling up rebounds.

- Dre Drum has to keep doing what he has done to this point on the offensive end. Finish strong at the rebound, gobble up offensive rebounds, finish the season shooting above 50% from the line, and becoming a better paint defender. (I think that this will be the season, when refs will stop calling the early second foul on Dre.)

- First man off the bench, should be my new favorite Piston, Stanley Johnson. This kid should come in for either KCP at the SG position or Morris or Illy, as a SF, while moving either Markieff or Illy to the PF position. (Note: Stanley is not a Small Ball PF, he is a SG or SF, my preference is to see him play more minutes at the SG position. If handled properly, Stanley should be the 2015-16 NBA Rookie of the Year)

- The all important 7th-man position should go Reggie Bullock. This dude can help spread the floor. He's young and he is cheap.

- Don't sleep on Aron Baynes. This dude is going to prove to be an excellent back-up to Dre. He's a smart player, who doesn't any movement trying sh!t that he cannot do. And, yes he is a good free throw shooter, too. And, if teams (i.e. Memphis, Cleveland, Washington, Chicago, and even Atlanta) try to go big on US, WE can put him and Dre on the floor at the same time with shooters.

- SVG should give Spencer every chance possible to be the back-up to Mr. October, until B. Jennings returns. If Dinwiddie can't hold it down, until Jennings returns then go with Steve Blake, but only if Spencer proves that he is incapable. Note: If Jennings returns showing that he still has game, then he immediately becomes OUR 7th-man and Reggie Bullock then becomes OUR 9th-man, thus moving Spencer back even further.

- The 10th-man with the possibility of becoming the 9th-man should Jodie Fuckin' Meeks. Jodie needs to be that dude, who comes into the game to help open up the floor, as he is the quintessential Heat-Check shooter.

- The 11th, 12th, 13th-men in no particular order may as well be Tolliver, Joel Anthony, and Adonis Thomas. (Note: I am willing to consider see Adonis seeing the floor if his development warrants it.

- "Dudes in Suits" - No disrespect, but Hillard (14th-man) and Granger (15th-man) need be wearing street clothes.

On this date Thursday, October 1, 2015, I declare that I, Sebastian, like this roster.

Now, make it work Head Coach Stan!

**Correction: My apologies, I meant to type Marcus Morris, not Markeif. Damn those guys look too much alike.

That's a very good assessment of the team and rotation. For the most part, I agree. I would make a couple of changes on the fringe of the rotation. I'd put Blake ahead of Dinwiddie, until Dinwiddie can prove himself, or until Jennings comes back effectively. I'm not a big Blake fan, but I think his experience gives him the edge at this point

And I would put Tolliver ahead of Bullock in the rotation. Tolliver is bigger, a better rebounder and a better shooter.

I like your idea of going small sometimes with Morris at PF, or going big sometimes with Baynes at PF.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty For EVERYBODY on this board, this is good news...

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:29 pm

We know what it takes, having lived through the Bad Boys and the 2004 team!

We know it takes defense to win championships, but behind all of that, it takes mental and physical toughness.

On paper, and it'll show up in real games as the season progresses, this team is developing both the mental and physical toughness to be competitive.

That's why this article was such a good read: Andre Drummond's impression of new-look Pistons: 'We're a tough team, man'

I don't want to say Monroe was a pu$$y, or a guy that would pee his pants, oops, ok, he will pee his pants, but I digress! The point about Moose is that he hasn't been seen as a tough guy so much. Hell, the toughest guy on the team was Brandon Knight, and while you want a tough guard, you really need that from other positions as well, especially your big men!

This team won't be soft, and won't go down easily... I like that!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Starters and Rotations

Post  Sebastian Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:26 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:
Oracle wrote:FORUM - Page 8 Capitals-fire7

Probably not!

This is not A bad starting 5. If this group is going to have success, it starts with Defense. If these guys take pride in being A top defense in the NBA, this group of guys can lead Detroit back to the playoffs. Also, add health to the equation.

Pistons Pals, I am personally fine with Phillips Starting 5:

- "Mr. October" will have to prove that he is worthy of his new contract. Specifically, he must not only prove that he can start games, but that he can finish games, too. He has to become as dependable as Chaunce was during the last 5 minutes of games,.

- KCP is in entering a pivotal third season. He has got to become a consistent, starting SG with the ability to guard the position at a high-level and diversify his scoring - knocking down the 3-pointer at an efficient-rate, installing a consistent dribble-drive game and getting the free-throw line.

- Morris and Illyosva may prove to be a great tandem of tweeners (SF/PF) to pair with Dre. Illy needs to become Markieff's new twin. The two of the guys games are so similar that they should be able to guard each other's man, shoot the three when necessary, put the ball on the floor when required, and help Dre at gobbling up rebounds.

- Dre Drum has to keep doing what he has done to this point on the offensive end. Finish strong at the rebound, gobble up offensive rebounds, finish the season shooting above 50% from the line, and becoming a better paint defender. (I think that this will be the season, when refs will stop calling the early second foul on Dre.)

- First man off the bench, should be my new favorite Piston, Stanley Johnson. This kid should come in for either KCP at the SG position or Morris or Illy, as a SF, while moving either Markieff or Illy to the PF position. (Note: Stanley is not a Small Ball PF, he is a SG or SF, my preference is to see him play more minutes at the SG position. If handled properly, Stanley should be the 2015-16 NBA Rookie of the Year)

- The all important 7th-man position should go Reggie Bullock. This dude can help spread the floor. He's young and he is cheap.

- Don't sleep on Aron Baynes. This dude is going to prove to be an excellent back-up to Dre. He's a smart player, who doesn't any movement trying sh!t that he cannot do. And, yes he is a good free throw shooter, too. And, if teams (i.e. Memphis, Cleveland, Washington, Chicago, and even Atlanta) try to go big on US, WE can put him and Dre on the floor at the same time with shooters.

- SVG should give Spencer every chance possible to be the back-up to Mr. October, until B. Jennings returns. If Dinwiddie can't hold it down, until Jennings returns then go with Steve Blake, but only if Spencer proves that he is incapable. Note: If Jennings returns showing that he still has game, then he immediately becomes OUR 7th-man and Reggie Bullock then becomes OUR 9th-man, thus moving Spencer back even further.

- The 10th-man with the possibility of becoming the 9th-man should Jodie Fuckin' Meeks. Jodie needs to be that dude, who comes into the game to help open up the floor, as he is the quintessential Heat-Check shooter.

- The 11th, 12th, 13th-men in no particular order may as well be Tolliver, Joel Anthony, and Adonis Thomas. (Note: I am willing to consider see Adonis seeing the floor if his development warrants it.

- "Dudes in Suits" - No disrespect, but Hillard (14th-man) and Granger (15th-man) need be wearing street clothes.

On this date Thursday, October 1, 2015, I declare that I, Sebastian, like this roster.

Now, make it work Head Coach Stan!

**Correction: My apologies, I meant to type Marcus Morris, not Markeif. Damn those guys look too much alike.

Last edited by Sebastian on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:19 pm; edited 5 times in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Granger

Post  Murph Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:05 pm

Go Stones! wrote:
Murph wrote:It doesn't look good for Danny Granger's chances of making the team.  He's not with the team now, but instead he's working out with his own doctors, PTs and trainers.  And now he's going to miss camp.

I can't see SVG using a roster spot on a continually injured Granger.

That's too bad, at first I was hoping that Granger might be able to contribute in some kind of lesser capacity, like Tracy McGrady did.  But it doesn't looks as if that will happen.

I'm not sure of specifics of the injured list but my guess would be that the reason SVG hasn't waived Granger is be he can hold off and it could benefit the team.  Granger can be on Injured list and not count towards the team total.  Also, if he recovers, he can potentially be Tracy II.  I believe SVG has another trade in mind and could use Grangers contract as an add on for value.  If he waives Granger he would lose out on all these options.  He also either respects Granger by letting him rehab at home or he doesn't want Granger to potentially affect his team

Additionally, something is happening with the D-league concept.  I think SVG has gotten word of something and plans to use any additional contracts of players who don't make the cut (and not vets) be used for the D- league.  

If Granger can be kept on the injury list, and not count toward the 15 man roster, then I'd say by all means keep him and let him rehab on his own time table. Who knows, maybe be can come back and help the Pistons in the playoffs. He is a 38% career 3 point shooter, after all.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Go Stones! Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:40 am

Murph wrote:It doesn't look good for Danny Granger's chances of making the team.  He's not with the team now, but instead he's working out with his own doctors, PTs and trainers.  And now he's going to miss camp.

That's too bad, at first I was hoping that Granger might be able to contribute in some kind of lesser capacity, like Tracy McGrady did.  But it doesn't looks as if that will happen.

I'm not sure of specifics of the injured list but my guess would be that the reason SVG hasn't waived Granger is be he can hold off and it could benefit the team. Granger can be on Injured list and not count towards the team total. Also, if he recovers, he can potentially be Tracy II. I believe SVG has another trade in mind and could use Grangers contract as an add on for value. If he waives Granger he would lose out on all these options. He also either respects Granger by letting him rehab at home or he doesn't want Granger to potentially affect his team

Additionally, something is happening with the D-league concept. I think SVG has gotten word of something and plans to use any additional contracts of players who don't make the cut (and not vets) be used for the D- league.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Final Countdown...

Post  Oracle Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:33 am

To the season! It's not over until the fat lady sings, and at the end of this video, there's 2 fat ladies lol lol lol

One that sings when we get into the playoffs, the other when we exit!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Somewhat bad news....

Post  Oracle Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:42 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Defense needs to be the calling card from here on out.

Post  Phil-Good Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:31 pm

[quote="Oracle"]FORUM - Page 8 Capitals-fire7

Probably not!

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty More Stafford & Caldwell

Post  Oracle Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Stafford used to be an undisciplined gunslinger, but he was a damn good gunslinger.

Caldwell was supposed to add the discipline and make him a complete QB.

Unfortunately he's just made him totally undisciplined with no redeeming qualities... regression!!

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/2015/09/28/wojo-lions-offense-careening-down-road-disaster/72955914/ wrote:They were in it until midway through the fourth quarter, when the next three series ended like this: Matthew Stafford fumble, inexplicable special-teams blunder, Stafford interception.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/2015/09/28/lions-grades-stafford-offensive-line-share-blame/72957792/ wrote:Quarterback: Eventually, no matter how poorly the offensive line plays, much of the blame has to fall on Matthew Stafford as he's the one who has to read the defense before each snap. He made some excellent throws as he often does, but poor decision making and an apparent fright inside the pocket ruined the Lions' chances. He finished 31-of-45 for 282 yards with one touchdown, two interceptions, a lost fumble and far too many missed opportunities.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Do these guys scare anybody?

Post  Oracle Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:19 pm

FORUM - Page 8 Capitals-fire7

Probably not!

Fear has to be earned, nobody feared the Bad Boys early on either, but if you leave enough carcasses strewn about the vicinity, all of a sudden, you get respect and people start worrying about you.

These guys have a shot, but no just because of the starting unit! With Baynes & Johnson coming off the bench, more toughness adds a positive vibe to the mix!

They have a better than even shot ad doing very well this season!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Somewhere Bobby Lane & Greg Landry are crying...

Post  Oracle Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:28 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:When I think of A TRUE LOSER, A TRUE Thing, that will always find A way to lose. I think of the Detroit Lions.

This was truly sad! A 90 year old noodle arm QB(Manning) comes here, and a young, in his prime QB gets schooled, it really shows the state of this team.

Stafford hasn't made any leaps, but he certainly is regressing under this new system.

Our 11-5 record last year was deceptive!

Caldwell's hyper conservative, risk averse offense demands a very good defense, or it simply won't generate enough points to win in this league.

This is no excuse for Stafford, who instinctively runs right into pressure, forces things that aren't there, and can't hit wide open receivers. Complaints about offensive line or lack of a running game, while real, doesn't seem to stop good QB's from putting up numbers, if not winning.

Stafford does put up numbers, but they all occur when the game is out of reach and the defense is giving him completions to run out the clock and prevent an easy score.

However, to reach this level of incompetence, even Stafford needs help, and Caldwell's conservative offense coupled with a weaker defense, is a toxic mix!

Having said that, talent would rise... if it existed!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:16 am

It doesn't look good for Danny Granger's chances of making the team. He's not with the team now, but instead he's working out with his own doctors, PTs and trainers. And now he's going to miss camp.

That's too bad, at first I was hoping that Granger might be able to contribute in some kind of lesser capacity, like Tracy McGrady did. But it doesn't looks as if that will happen.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty LIONS SUCK!!!

Post  Phil-Good Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:31 am

When I think of A TRUE LOSER, A TRUE Thing, that will always find A way to lose. I think of the Detroit Lions.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Melo Yellow

Post  merc Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:20 pm

What Murph said...
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Melo

Post  Murph Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:12 pm

We missed the boat on Melo in '03.  There's no going back now.  

Melo is 31, with bed knees.  He was always limited defensively.  But now his skills and athleticism are declining to the point where he's becoming less effective.  Unfortunately, his ego is still huge, so he demands the ball on every offensive set, the offense always has to run through him, and he's as reluctant as ever to pass to open teammates.

Also, recently, he's starting taking a disliking toward some of his more popular teammates, such as Jeremy Lin and Tim Hardaway Jr, and has run them off the team.  Which of his Pistons teammate would he take a disliking toward?...let me guess, Stanley Johnson.

We needed Melo 12 years ago, not now.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Exec of the Year

Post  lemonpen Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:00 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Go Stones! wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
Go Stones! wrote:What if Knicks want to trade Melo?  What if Melo wanted to be traded?  You know Phil will only allow to a bad team...in his mind.  If Melo approved a trade to the Pistons what would you give up in return that Phil would think was a good trade on both sides?  Extra credit (call them Man Points) if you use a GM site to prove the trade works.  Provide link.  

(Melo would probably ask his buddy D.Wade what it was like to play for SVG.  The rest is presumed)

What position would Melo play for Detroit?

What would be your starting lineup?

Go!

A trade like this would require a Miracle or an Act Of God that it could even make sense, not Phil or SVG.  IMO Melo 22 million a season price tag kills any possibility that a trade could take place and SVG would have to be a complete dunce or have tremendous size balls to give up any core player in a trade.   When I say core players I mean Andre, Reggie, EI and Johnson  these 4 players couldn't or shouldn't be touched. I can't see Phil finding a win in much of a trade unless he's in a salary dumping rebuilding kind of mode.

SVG could throw enough turds at a trade like this to make the dollars match starting with including both Meeks and Jennings salaries and have just enough expiring contracts to make a salary dump scenario possible.  In a "what if"  and getting Melo was likely he would be the teams starting SF and the lineup would be Jackson, Pope, Anthony, EI and Drummond easily.  Unfortunately ESPN Trade Machine say's this only increases the team wins by 2 games so the team might as well stay as is, but I'm not buying it and think the team win increase would be significant.

Big ifs are Melo waiving no trade clause and then Phil and Stan working something out.  What team would YOU let Melo go to?  Detroit looks as rotten as any from Phil's point of view.  Knowing the big market teams would be off limits, especially Lakers, don't you think Melo in Detroit would actually assist the team towards winning?  

I think with Dre that we could play Melo at the 4 and Johnson/Morris at the 3.

I'd be willing to get rid of EI, Morris, Jennings and Meeks.  You only give them what you have to.  EI until the end.  You have to give something up for Melo.

Can you imagine a lineup of:

Jackson
KCP
Johnson
Melo
Dre

We'd have scoring, and Melo's lack of defense could be caught by the rest on the court.  

Again, what ifs...but not reality.

I think Melo would sign trade clause and Detroit could be one of a hand full of teams traded to he would be willing to do it for considering we're talking only if's here.  

We know Melo not a good defender but are we sure Andre good enough to compensate it.  That I'm not so sure of so I would in this "if" keep Melo at SF.   I can say that I'm still not sold completely on Johnson as a SF just yet.   Meeks and Jennings definitely gone that's better than half the salary to make it happen, Morris I'm iffy on and Granger I would like to keep along with EI but everyone else is free game.  

I know were talking if's but deep down this craziness could manifest itself into a reality because Melo need to go and some strange way we need a Melo for so many reasons on and off the court.  Phil needs to rebuild and he needs to start almost from scratch and he knows resigning Melo was his biggest mistake and SVG he needs to pull something big beyond cutting Smith and letting Moose walk.  Everyday Meeks don't start make that signing look bad so ridding the team of Meeks needs to come in a move like this.  
I guess your scenario works if Phil were purely looking for a salary dump but I'm not sure the Knick fans & management wouldn't ride him out of town B4 suffering another sub 20 win season.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty He'll Sign He Wants Out Of New York

Post  WTF Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:02 pm

Go Stones! wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
Go Stones! wrote:What if Knicks want to trade Melo?  What if Melo wanted to be traded?  You know Phil will only allow to a bad team...in his mind.  If Melo approved a trade to the Pistons what would you give up in return that Phil would think was a good trade on both sides?  Extra credit (call them Man Points) if you use a GM site to prove the trade works.  Provide link.  

(Melo would probably ask his buddy D.Wade what it was like to play for SVG.  The rest is presumed)

Go!

A trade like this would require a Miracle or an Act Of God that it could even make sense, not Phil or SVG.  IMO Melo 22 million a season price tag kills any possibility that a trade could take place and SVG would have to be a complete dunce or have tremendous size balls to give up any core player in a trade.   When I say core players I mean Andre, Reggie, EI and Johnson  these 4 players couldn't or shouldn't be touched. I can't see Phil finding a win in much of a trade unless he's in a salary dumping rebuilding kind of mode.

SVG could throw enough turds at a trade like this to make the dollars match starting with including both Meeks and Jennings salaries and have just enough expiring contracts to make a salary dump scenario possible.  In a "what if"  and getting Melo was likely he would be the teams starting SF and the lineup would be Jackson, Pope, Anthony, EI and Drummond easily.  Unfortunately ESPN Trade Machine say's this only increases the team wins by 2 games so the team might as well stay as is, but I'm not buying it and think the team win increase would be significant.

Big ifs are Melo waiving no trade clause and then Phil and Stan working something out.  What team would YOU let Melo go to?  Detroit looks as rotten as any from Phil's point of view.  Knowing the big market teams would be off limits, especially Lakers, don't you think Melo in Detroit would actually assist the team towards winning?  

I'd be willing to get rid of EI, Morris, Jennings and Meeks.  You only give them what you have to.  EI until the end.  You have to give something up for Melo.

Jackson
KCP
Johnson
Melo
Dre

We'd have scoring, and Melo's lack of defense could be caught by the rest on the court.  

I think Melo would sign trade clause and Detroit could be one of a hand full of teams traded to he would be willing to do it for considering we're talking only if's here.

We know Melo not a good defender but are we sure Andre good enough to compensate it. That I'm not so sure of so I would in this "if" keep Melo at SF. I can say that I'm still not sold completely on Johnson as a SF just yet. Meeks and Jennings definitely gone that's better than half the salary to make it happen, Morris I'm iffy on and Granger I would like to keep along with EI but everyone else is free game.

I know were talking if's but deep down this craziness could manifest itself into a reality because Melo need to go and some strange way we need a Melo for so many reasons on and off the court. Phil needs to rebuild and he needs to start almost from scratch and he knows resigning Melo was his biggest mistake and SVG he needs to pull something big beyond cutting Smith and letting Moose walk. Everyday Meeks don't start make that signing look bad so ridding the team of Meeks needs to come in a move like this.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Melo

Post  lemonpen Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:50 pm

Go!
The more I think about it the more interesting the question becomes.  In Phils mind there is probably no acceptable combination of players that doesn't include Dre, but....

I wonder if it works with Reggie, Stanley and Morris.  We would be banking on both Jennings and Granger returning to form in the near term, and Baynes being more than just serviceable.

It might be a heck of a lot more attractive if Affalo could be included, but that becomes a huge dollar amount.

Last edited by lemonpen on Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Agreed...but

Post  Go Stones! Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:25 pm

WISEFAN wrote:

Go!

Big ifs are Melo waiving no trade clause and then Phil and Stan working something out. What team would YOU let Melo go to? Detroit looks as rotten as any from Phil's point of view. Knowing the big market teams would be off limits, especially Lakers, don't you think Melo in Detroit would actually assist the team towards winning?

I'd be willing to get rid of EI, Morris, Jennings and Meeks. You only give them what you have to. EI until the end. You have to give something up for Melo.

Jackson
KCP
Johnson
Melo
Dre

Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Let's play "what if" (Not That Easy)

Post  WTF Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:45 am

Go!

A trade like this would require a Miracle or an Act Of God that it could even make sense, not Phil or SVG. IMO Melo 22 million a season price tag kills any possibility that a trade could take place and SVG would have to be a complete dunce or have tremendous size balls to give up any core player in a trade. When I say core players I mean Andre, Reggie, EI and Johnson these 4 players couldn't or shouldn't be touched. I can't see Phil finding a win in much of a trade unless he's in a salary dumping rebuilding kind of mode.

SVG could throw enough turds at a trade like this to make the dollars match starting with including both Meeks and Jennings salaries and have just enough expiring contracts to make a salary dump scenario possible. In a "what if" and getting Melo was likely he would be the teams starting SF and the lineup would be Jackson, Pope, Anthony, EI and Drummond easily. Unfortunately ESPN Trade Machine say's this only increases the team wins by 2 games so the team might as well stay as is, but I'm not buying it and think the team win increase would be significant.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Let's play "what if"

Post  Go Stones! Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:17 pm

What if Knicks want to trade Melo? What if Melo wanted to be traded? You know Phil will only allow to a bad team...in his mind. If Melo approved a trade to the Pistons what would you give up in return that Phil would think was a good trade on both sides? Extra credit (call them Man Points) if you use a GM site to prove the trade works. Provide link.

(Melo would probably ask his buddy D.Wade what it was like to play for SVG. The rest is presumed)

Go!
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty OMG!

Post  WTF Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:49 pm

Oracle wrote:You delete the post where you say "I can't let you win" so that you(think) you can get away with saying that's not what you're doing???

I have no words, that says it all!

Wow! I deleted a post SMH it ain't that serious. You don't see it because I never said it in the first place to deleted it. I'm perfectly comfortable with my statements all the time.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Drat... Fooled again!

Post  Oracle Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:35 pm

FORUM - Page 8 FooledAgain
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Reggie Jackson fixes his jump shot

Post  Oracle Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:57 pm

While I hope this is the case, I wonder how sure they are that it's true.

In my experience, things a player does in shooting motion/stroke can be changed, but generally over more time than one short offseason.

Even if he thinks he's done it, it's amazing how playing in real action, players revert back to what they know best.

Having said that, if it was truly ONLY a problem with leg strength, then it's possible that it's fixed, I just have a hard time believing that's all it was!

Detroit Pistons' Reggie Jackson fixes his jump shot
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Nothing To Win Here Sir... I have no words...

Post  Oracle Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:52 pm

You delete the post where you say "I can't let you win" so that you(think) you can get away with saying that's not what you're doing???

I have no words, that says it all!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 8 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next